DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:49 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

3. Because they're ridiculously obvious.
So, obvious reads are obvious because they're obvious.

Obviously.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:22 am

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Empking wrote:
DarthYoshi wrote:Empking--why is it important to inform everyone of all your reads, as opposed to, say, just your scumreads? And, why gut when you have over 250 posts of material to analyze? And, why are your definitive reads definitive to you?
1. Because I've just replaced in.
2. In depth analysis is just a way to feel confident in your fallacy filled reads.
3. Because they're ridiculously obvious.

FOS: King
- Ignoring my question, jumping on the Empking wagon rather than scumhunting, "Empking should have noticed the like 10 posts of people saying not to post the list of scum stuff and then not done what he did." which is just so filled with scumminess I'm not sure where to begin.
What, you mean the question of asking me to repeat what I had just said about Saint? 'Cause I've already said what I think of Saint in the posts where I talk about Saint. Additionally, the questions I have asked you would in fact qualify as scumhunting, whilst your "You are scummy because it is obvious" would most definitely not. Also, nobody is voting for you.

@2. You didn't actually answer the question given to you, just snidely implied that everyone that posted scumreads is completely wrong.
@3. What? You can't just say "its obvious" with no evidence given and expect us to believe you. Well, I mean obviously you can, but we still won't believe you.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:15 am

Post by silavor »

unvote

I'm replacing out. I just can't keep up, and I'm only slowing the town down by being here.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Nexus »

Urgh. Are you kidding me?

No, apparently you're not.

Finding a replacement for Silavor.
Trans rights are human rights.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:06 am

Post by neko2086 »

The joys of modding... speaking of,
mod
-- perhaps once we get the replacement, can we also get a votecount update since some votes and quite a few names have changed? Thx.

Saint-- I really don't see anything suspicious with mb's asking why such and such makes him scummy. This is a completely legitimate question to ask. Possibly the most important one--people need to back up their claims of what is scummy. Also, I hate to be the fluff police (I really don't mind it when it's marginal), but does 264 merit its own post? That whole sequence of posts really doesn't amount to much. In general, the cases you are trying to build are attempting to be novel but are based on really inconsequential details (or no details at all), as though you're trying to appear to be helpful.

Emp-- I don't see how you think you're helping us at the moment. Based on what I saw last game, this doesn't quite feel like your usual play. The one-liners I'm used to, but not this 'I'm only going on gut' business. Are you trying something new here? Maybe the better question is if you're caught up (i.e. is this what we should be expecting from you or is there more coming?).
In Tartiflette We Trust
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:42 am

Post by mb53 »

Prior to now, you said implosion's defence was decent. But this time you didn't even give him a chance to respond before deciding you'd changed your read.
And if his defense is adequate, I'll change reads again.
ICEninja's post before yours didn't actually make any new arguments either; I brought up the discrepancy between implosion's initial scummy / currently neutral reads, the lack of justification for his 'scum on wagon' stance and whatever else pages ago. Maybe my posts weren't convincing enough, but that "pretty huge" contradiction wasn't new.
But when ICE laid it out like that... O.o
mb says something similar to "why does such and such make me scum?" the fact that he has to ask why seems and reads more like "what did I do wrong for you to have caught me?" than anything else.
Well others seem to have defended me on this, and I don't have anything to add to what they have said.

(Just by the way, I advise you all to be aware of Empkings meta)

Gaining suspicion of silavor.
Preview edit. Thats a lot of replacements.
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by Nameless »

Got nothing exciting to add today that hasn't already been said, so ...
silavor wrote:I'm replacing out.
*headdesk*
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Setael »

OK I just finished reading but don't have time to post, as I have hot V-Day plans.

I would like to say

<b>unvote</b>

and also, Saint has excellent taste in movies.

Everything else will have to wait for tomorrow.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Setael »

Grrr... messed up the tags. It's been awhile.

[b]unvote[/b]
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Setael »

Oh hell.

Remind me not to post when I don't have enough time.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by implosion »

Sorry, I've been really busy the past couple days. I should have time to catch up tomorrow.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by Saint »

I don't see how my catchup was scummy or fluffy.
I feel like you all are just pushing an easy wagon.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by ICEninja »

My goodness, it is getting extremely hard to keep track of everything and everyone. I really hope day 2 smooths things out a bit, and I really hope the need for replacements stops.

I still thing implosion is extremely scummy. I think Saint is mildly scummy due to his predecessor and partially because of his all over the place posting. I know I'm going to have a scum read on Emp, just because he plays in a way that I personally believe benefits scum, so I'll have to check his meta before passing full judgment on him.

I don't like people accusing mb of being scum for changing his reads in the face of a strong case. Mb is sticking to his guns on suspecting Saint for what I feel are pretty solid reasons, so I won't get on his case about that. I do, however, feel like mb has some fairly harsh tunnel vision. A quick scan of his ISO shows that on his 5th, he voted for over9000, and never moved his vote from the slot. I agree that the slot is scummy, but I'm not seeing much from you about any other player slots.

Emp, for the record, I'm going to more or less ignore your gut reads if you can't back them up with anything. No it is not "obvious" why Nameless is scummy. He's done a few suspicious things, but seems to be scum hunting. If you want anyone else to suspect him, you're going to have to tell us why he's suspicious.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Oh and I want to add one thing.
Saint wrote: I don't see how my catchup was scummy or fluffy.
This is terrible. You just essentially said "I feel like you are all just pushing the scummiest looking player", and had an undertone that it is scummy to do so.

You're easily up there with implosion as scummiest players, and while I don't like to decide scum teams without flips, I can pretty easily see a connection between you two. I'll keep it in mind if one of you flips scum.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by mb53 »

A quick scan of his ISO shows that on his 5th, he voted for over9000, and never moved his vote from the slot. I agree that the slot is scummy, but I'm not seeing much from you about any other player slots.
As stated before, my 9000 vote was mainly an attempt to get content, but now I do in fact find Saint scummy, and my vote isn't there to pressure into content.

As for other player slots.... I'm having difficulty getting any reads. Most of you are null. Implosion is leaning scum now (at least until I hear his defense). Some slight town reads too, but you all are a tough bunch to read...
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by ICEninja »

mb wrote: As for other player slots.... I'm having difficulty getting any reads. Most of you are null. Implosion is leaning scum now (at least until I hear his defense). Some slight town reads too, but you all are a tough bunch to read...
The constant replacements don't help, that's for sure.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Saint »

ICEninja wrote:Oh and I want to add one thing.
Saint wrote: I don't see how my catchup was scummy or fluffy.
This is terrible. You just essentially said "I feel like you are all just pushing the scummiest looking player", and had an undertone that it is scummy to do so.

You're easily up there with implosion as scummiest players, and while I don't like to decide scum teams without flips, I can pretty easily see a connection between you two. I'll keep it in mind if one of you flips scum.
LOL IM VOTING HIM TO BE LYNCHED
YOU'RE JOKING?
GO LOOK AT THE LAST VOTECOUNT
LOL
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Saint »

mb53 wrote:
A quick scan of his ISO shows that on his 5th, he voted for over9000, and never moved his vote from the slot. I agree that the slot is scummy, but I'm not seeing much from you about any other player slots.
As stated before, my 9000 vote was mainly an attempt to get content, but now I do in fact find Saint scummy, and my vote isn't there to pressure into content.

As for other player slots.... I'm having difficulty getting any reads. Most of you are null. Implosion is leaning scum now (at least until I hear his defense). Some slight town reads too, but you all are a tough bunch to read...
you're keeping your vote because I know you are scum with implosion
nice try to make it not appear like it's anything else, liar
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by mb53 »

Yeah... Totally...
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Saint wrote: LOL IM VOTING HIM TO BE LYNCHED
YOU'RE JOKING?
GO LOOK AT THE LAST VOTECOUNT
LOL
What? Funny how you ignore my accusation towards you in favor of trying to distance yourself from implosion. You skipped over the important part of my post and boy did that second half make you jumpy. Also:
Saint wrote: you're keeping your vote because I know you are scum with implosion
nice try to make it not appear like it's anything else, liar
This doesn't even make sense. He is voting you because you "know" he's scum with implosion?

I'm totally fine for a lynch of either Saint or implosion.

Not before the replacements weigh in, though.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:20 pm

Post by Saint »

how am i scum with implosion, when i've been voting him since i replaced in?
that makes absolutely zero sense
you were my best town read, act like it
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:15 am

Post by Empking »

Neko: I findf that you can't get much from a first read through of the thread. You can get as bit (Like q21 is town and Nameless is scum) but not so much that I'd take too much care over what you get from that first read. Like now King is certainly scum.

Unvote

Vote: King

Zeroethly, neil's rep;lsacing out when taking into account meta reflects very poorly on him.

Firstly, he goes through his first two posts of the game without putting on a vote. This is a deliberately anti-town action and oner I would not expect from town.
Pfft, I read through the whole thing without looking at the last page and my biggest suspect was Neil

Thats just kinda lame.
Well gee this is a transparent ploy isn't it. Now who makes transparent ploys?
KingTwelveSixteen wrote:Bluh.
Forgot to point out my suspicions of mr. fingerprint avatar for his actions this game. (_over9000)
Namely, he hasn't done any.
VOTE:_over9000
Then he goes for a lurker vote. Gee he sure is scumhunting.
Neil does not exist. He is a figment of your imagination.
I am Neil. Neil is me. We are one.

Seriously I don't know what Neils problem was, (he was super wierd looking in his posts) but he is not here anymore. I am.
Stop your scum hunting right away!

Reading his posts, he's still attacking that lurker rather thasn doing any scumhunting. Yay!
@nameless: Wow, nice one. Theres like 3 different contradictions there.
Wow being a hypocrite (He accuses 9000 of parotting) and either buddying up or supporting his scum buddy. (The post suggests the first, the fact thaty Nameless is scum suggests the latter.). Theres like 3 different scum tells there.

And he goes back to his lurker WAGON as soon as he's worried Implosion won't be lynched.
Empking should have noticed the like 10 posts of people saying not to post the list of scum stuff and then not done what he did. He also shoulda explained his vote more.
This is him pretending to scuhunting. Do you know who pretendfeds to scumhunt? That's right! Scum.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:07 am

Post by Nameless »

Saint, I swear to God I would lynch you right now if you had a wagon. If you don't see how your catchup was scummy then you have apparently not read pretty much everything anyone has had to say about you since you replaced in.
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:39 am

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Empking wrote:...
Firstly, he goes through his first two posts of the game without putting on a vote. This is a deliberately anti-town action and oner I would not expect from town.
If you read the timestamps, or even the third post, it becomes incredibly obvious that those are the same post and that I merely hit the submit button to early.
Empking wrote:
Pfft, I read through the whole thing without looking at the last page and my biggest suspect was Neil

Thats just kinda lame.
Well gee this is a transparent ploy isn't it. Now who makes transparent ploys?
Oh, and what ploy would that be?
Empking wrote: ...
Neil does not exist. He is a figment of your imagination.
I am Neil. Neil is me. We are one.

Seriously I don't know what Neils problem was, (he was super wierd looking in his posts) but he is not here anymore. I am.
Stop your scum hunting right away!
The reason I posted that was because it seemed like
everyone
in thread was still talking to/about Neil as if he was still there. Whilst ignoring that I was now playing. It was incredibly annoying.
Empking wrote:
Reading his posts, he's still attacking that lurker rather thasn doing any scumhunting. Yay!
I would imagine that the lurkers obvious refusal to post content whilst simultaneously claiming he had would qualify as scummy.
Empking wrote:
@nameless: Wow, nice one. Theres like 3 different contradictions there.
Wow being a hypocrite (He accuses 9000 of parotting) and either buddying up or supporting his scum buddy. (The post suggests the first, the fact thaty Nameless is scum suggests the latter.). Theres like 3 different scum tells there.

And he goes back to his lurker WAGON as soon as he's worried Implosion won't be lynched.
(Why did you capitalize wagon?)
Nobody else had even said anything at that point, I just realised it was a stupid vote and changed back.
I accused 9000 of providing no original content at all, which he hadn't, whilst he was simultaneously declaring that he was being helpful, which he wasn't.
Empking wrote:
Empking should have noticed the like 10 posts of people saying not to post the list of scum stuff and then not done what he did. He also shoulda explained his vote more.
This is him pretending to scuhunting. Do you know who pretendfeds to scumhunt? That's right! Scum.
You
should
have explained your vote more. Actually you still should, since you still havn't explained it. Even gut reads have some slight reason behind them.
There were plenty of posts with people explaining why posting scum-lists was a bad idea and you ignored them.

Additionally I noticed that you ignored my latest post in this accusation, why is that exactly?
Nameless wrote:Saint, I swear to God I would lynch you right now if you had a wagon. If you don't see how your catchup was scummy then you have apparently not read pretty much everything anyone has had to say about you since you replaced in.
...I'm pretty sure Saint has a couple people other than me voting for him.
Uh, maybe.

We really need that vote-count.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:27 am

Post by Nexus »

Votecount the Ninth:

Saint (4): mb53, neko2086, KingTwelveSixteen, Zdenek
implosion (3): Darth Yoshi, nameless, ICEninja
ICEninja (1): WeaponsofMassConstruction
Empking (1): implosion
KingTwelveSixteen (1): Empking

Not voting: silavor, setael, Saint

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Still looking for a replacement for silavor.
Last edited by Nexus on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trans rights are human rights.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”