Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Umbrage »

@ Exe: Not even trying to convince other people that you are town or that certain people are scum is practically the definition of bad play. Are you trying to get a reputation as some sort of a cowboy? Because the only reputation you're getting is that of a VI.
Exe wrote:You know what's really amusing? How hypocritical you are.
Meta is trying using a player's history to try and tell their alignment. Using a tactic that has worked before is not meta. Even you want to argue that it is, they are completely different concepts. If I shoot a gun and kill someone once, then if I want to kill someone, I will shoot a gun at them, just like I will use the same tactic again if it works before. This is called learning. Meta is different. What you're suggesting is like playing poker with someone, and assuming that because they bluffed once, they will always bluff. It doesn't work. You can't predict other people's behaviour, especially when that person knows that their behaviour will probably be examined. You can however, predict the effectiveness of various tactics.

[quote="Exe"Despite the word "if," she specifically told me I was the worst player, meaning that subconsciously she thought I was a bad town. Her instincts told her that I was town, even though she tried to make it seem like it was only an if.[/quote]

Worst = anti-town
Worst =/= bad townie

Not seeing how you could make that mistake. I'd say it's pretty clear what I meant.

Amrun, begin reading here: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p2757550

I guess I should change it back, but it's been fun being a female. :D
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by Amrun »

Seeing as I called Exe a VI already, I basically agree with that post.

And oh, I see. I just get tired of getting called "he" on this site when it says it right under my name so I was ashamed to be caught doing the same thing.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Just woken, will read topic again when I return from school
Tragedy wrote: @TS: I see, I see. You're sexiness has now risen by 2%. :P
:wink:
Exe wrote:Oh and a last note before I go for awhile.

@TS: If you really are town, I hope you'll take this to heart. If you are under attack, try to focus more on finding scum than defending yourself. The best way to prove yourself town is to be pro-town, and being pro-town means scumhunting. Just a tip.
:] Thanks Exe. I've realised that the loss of the mafia benefits the town much more than the keeping of one townie. That's why is far more important that I don't get caught up in defending myself, and remember to concentrate on my scum hunting/questioning. The advantage that the mafia has is that sometimes the town forget they're playing as a team with a team win condition. If each townie merely defended himself then we'd get nowhere. That's why I've attempted to use questions in my defences too. I really appreciate the advice, Exe. :D

Later
~Twistedspoon
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:24 am

Post by mallowgeno »

CooLDoG wrote:
@mod, I almost never do this, but I must request a replacement. For some reason I can't get into this game with so many damn text walls and long posting. I also don't have the time to mange a game with such a high activity level. I'm truly sorry

Finding Replacement...
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:18 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Thanks, I feel sooo bad for it though... Sorry again.
after a wank.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:20 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Fuck. I really thought the daykill was real.

If more than half of the people alive want me to claim I will claim.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:48 am

Post by Umbrage »

vezokpiraka wrote:Fuck. I really thought the daykill was real.

If more than half of the people alive want me to claim I will claim.

Every time I start thinking maybe this guy's town, he goes and ups his scumminess.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:59 am

Post by Exe »

Umbrage wrote:@ Exe: Not even trying to convince other people that you are town or that certain people are scum is practically the definition of bad play. Are you trying to get a reputation as some sort of a cowboy? Because the only reputation you're getting is that of a VI.
Your insults are such an effective scumhunting strategy :roll: Your arrogance knows know bounds.
But no, you're right, I bow down to your unbelievably superior knowledge of mafiascum. Oh great Umbrage, let me learn from your infinite wisdom.
LOL. Yeah, right.

Please, stop wasting the town's time. This isn't a newbie game, you aren't an IC, and as far as I can tell, nothing you say about what I should or shouldn't be doing even matters.
So here's a tip: START SCUMHUNTING. Because I honestly couldn't care less whether you think I am a VI.
Umbrage wrote:Worst = anti-town
Worst =/= bad townie

Not seeing how you could make that mistake. I'd say it's pretty clear what I meant.
Bullshit alert, bullshit alert!

You're telling me that in your anger, you gave me an award for being a good scum?
Bull, fucking, shit.
You were ANGRY. You were RAGING. And let's stop bullshitting, shall we? People rage at BAD TOWNIES. NO ONE RAGES AT EFFECTIVE SCUM.

If you thought I was scum AND thought I was anti-town, YOU WOULDN'T CRITICIZE ME, YOU WOULD CONGRATULATE ME.

In other news, I'm entertained that TS is closer to understanding the logic of my playstyle than Umbrage and Amrun will ever be. And he's the alleged "newb" lol. Bravo to you, sir.

@Vezo: Shut up about the fucking role. If you really are a PR, you need to just stop completely. If you're bluffing, or worse, if I'm wrong and you're scum making shit up, you're gonna die. So either way, you have incentive to stop.

@Umbrage, regarding Vezo: Ok, that post was seriously pants-on-head silly. But it wasn't scummy. Unless you believe Vezo is in the business of big elaborate theatrics when he is scum, which I've never seen him do. This shouldn't be rocket science.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:04 am

Post by Umbrage »

So here's a tip: START SCUMHUNTING. Because I honestly couldn't care less whether you think I am a VI.
Your response to my finding you scummy is to tell me to start scumhunting?
You're telling me that in your anger, you gave me an award for being a good scum?
Wat?
If you thought I was scum AND thought I was anti-town, YOU WOULDN'T CRITICIZE ME, YOU WOULD CONGRATULATE ME.
Uh, no, because good scum are pro-town. Or at least they don't get caught doing anti-town things. Looking anti-town is always bad, unless you're a jester.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:21 am

Post by Exe »

OH you find me scummy? I thought you said I was a VI? Yay cognitive dissonance!

It's ok, I understand. You can't decide how better to get me lynched. Calling me scum or calling me a VI is a tough choice
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:24 am

Post by Exe »

EBWOP: Lynched, killed, you know what I mean.

Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:25 am

Post by Umbrage »

Being a VI does not exclude you from being scum. But I don't think you're technically a VI, although I think you're going to be getting that reputation. I think you're trying to build a meta for yourself.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Exe »

Umbrage wrote:Being a VI does not exclude you from being scum.
Nice backpedaling, but VI is a term that is used on townies. Hence why sometimes scum FAKE being a VI because it makes them look townie.
Umbrage wrote:I think you're trying to build a meta for yourself.
Oh really?

Maybe you should actually read the games I play. Your reasoning is basically shit when you consider the fact that I do this all the time. This is a strategy.

But no, that would involve you actually being town, and since you're scum you'll just keep trying to come up with more reasons to back up your steadily failing argument.

The amount of backpedaling you do is astounding.

Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Umbrage »

Nice backpedaling, but VI is a term that is used on townies.
I've never heard that before. As I understand it, a VI is any player that plays badly and refuses to improve.
Maybe you should actually read the games I play. Your reasoning is basically shit when you consider the fact that I do this all the time. This is a strategy.
That just proves my theory. You don't create a meta with one game.

And if you want me to stop 'backpedaling', maybe you should stop putting words in my mouth.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:38 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Exe wrote: In other news, I'm entertained that TS is closer to understanding the logic of my playstyle than Umbrage and Amrun will ever be. And he's the alleged "newb" lol. Bravo to you, sir.
I'm a quick learner I guess

anyways, I just want to do this now before I forget.
Prod StrungOver please

I'll try to post later today
~Twistedspoon
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:39 am

Post by Exe »

Umbrage wrote:I've never heard that before. As I understand it, a VI is any player that plays badly and refuses to improve
Ironic how you don't understand the term you are using, and yet you treat me like I should bow down to your mafia expertise.
Umbrage wrote:That just proves my theory. You don't create a meta with one game.
No, it proves my theory. Because it's the strategy with which I hunt scum. That's why I've done it in my TOWN GAMES.
Umbrage wrote:And if you want me to stop 'backpedaling', maybe you should stop putting words in my mouth.
ROFL. Yes, "putting words in your mouth" AKA analyzing your posts.

Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Umbrage »

No, it proves my theory. Because it's the strategy with which I hunt scum. That's why I've done it in my TOWN GAMES.
All the more reason why you would try to do it as scum. As I said, all meta is WIFOM, and worthless.

I'm not interested in getting into a posting war, all it does is spam the thread and distract the town.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Amrun »

Meta is a bad argument and a bad defense. Stop using it.

You thinking being obv anti-town is being "good scum" is absolutely baffling, Exe.

I do think I understand your playstyle, I just think it's crap.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

Umbrage & Exe need to go to their separate corners and breathe deeply for a short while.

Seriously, stop creating so much noise. It distorts the signal that
some
of us are trying to find.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:40 am

Post by Exe »

The issue with Umbrage, is if he actually believed his argument about me making a Meta, then her whole scum case would fall apart.
Basically, if you honestly think I am building a meta, then the ONLY thing you know for sure is that I might be either town OR scum based on my playstyle.
If meta is all WIFOM then it's WIFOM in BOTH directions.
But your only real scumtell on me is my strategy, which AS YOU SAID, proves NOTHING. If it's my universal meta, it's a NULL TELL.
So get a real case.
Amrun wrote:Meta is a bad argument and a bad defense. Stop using it.
Are you even reading Umbrage's posts? For fucks sake, Umbrage goes from calling me deliberately anti-town, to retarded, to trying to build a meta, to whatever he can find.
He is REACHING AT STRAWS. DO YOU NOT FREAKING SEE IT?
Amrun wrote:You thinking being
obv anti-town
is being "good scum" is absolutely baffling, Exe.
Right because being obviously anti-town is definitely what we were talking about. /sarcasm.
I'm pretty sure that killing a townie and not leaving town to decide who to vote for at night AND causing most of the town to think I was a VT would be A PRETTY FUCKING GOOD SCUM STRAT.
Amrun wrote:I do think I understand your playstyle, I just think it's crap.
GOOD. I'M SO GLAD. YOU'VE NOW STATED YOUR OPINION, SO MOVE THE FUCK ON.

God. What the fuck was the point of that post Amrun? You haven't commented on a single post Umbrage has made in the past few hours, even though they are laughably bad. Even if you think I am anti-town, you cannot possibly in your right mind miss the fact that Umbrage is flailing to try to find some argument that sticks to me.

Everyone should get over the fact that they hate my strategy. If you think it makes me scum, then fucking kill me. If not, then stop fucking talking about it, and start hunting for scum.

/rant

P-Edit: Yes, SV, happily.

Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:48 am

Post by Umbrage »

@ Exe: I don't find you scum because of your meta. I find you scum because you deliberately playing in a way that harms the town.

Exe.

ExeExe.

ExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExeExe.

He needs to die. This game has become all about him. He's allowing players like StrungOver to slip underneath the radar. He's not contributing anything that doesn't revolve around himself. This is not a healthy situation. I believe he is scum, but I would kill him even if he is town. We can't scumhunt like this. As for the nightkill, I suggest Vezok, as most of us agree he is scummy, but that's debatable. Exe's death is not. It needs to happen if town is to do anything.

UNVOTE: whoever I'm voting

I will vote whoever promises to kill Exe.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Exe »

:roll:

Wow, you're so unbelievably pro-town. You deserve an award.

:roll:

Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Exe »

And, for the record, I'm not the one who refuses to focus on anything other than my playstyle.

vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:56 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Umbrage shut up. You are just posting fluff and accusing Exe. Stop it.

As for the night kill. How many times do I have to tell you to let me live tonight:S
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”