A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:56 am

Post by zoraster »

Oh sorry. As for the other questions, why are you asking me those questions? They seem better suited for him -- or potentially someone defending him -- to answer.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by LimMePls »

I did ask him. Now I'm asking you. Since you claim to be suspicious of him, but leave out any mention of these things, despite the fact that they are the most egregiously scummy things he's done.

Now that I've held your hand, ANSWER THE QUESTIONS.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by zoraster »

But fine. I left them out because it's not all that compelling. So what? He called a couple of people VTs. More compelling is his lack of scum hunting intent and attempt to slide under the radar.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by GreyICE »

GreyICE wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:One of these players is scum:
Hasdgfas, zoraster, Twilight Sparkle, Mikujin
Spoiler: If you're gonna give me that buffet, it's definitely Zoraster by about a dozen miles.
Page fucking 8. 14 pages ago.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Jesus christ man its like you're all figments of my imagination, and my imagination is ignoring me :/
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by GreyICE »

chesskid3 wrote:Jesus christ man its like you're all figments of my imagination, and my imagination is ignoring me :/
Ugh. I really do need to pay attention to you more. Sorry Chess :(
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by zoraster »

GreyICE wrote:
GreyICE wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:One of these players is scum:
Hasdgfas, zoraster, Twilight Sparkle, Mikujin
Spoiler: If you're gonna give me that buffet, it's definitely Zoraster by about a dozen miles.
Page fucking 8. 14 pages ago.
Time on a vote is evidence of its correctness? Or what is your point here?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by GreyICE »

xvart wrote:
diddin, 252 wrote:If you're as confident that GreyICE is town as it seems you are, why are you still raising Twilight Sparkle?
Because you can have a town read on someone you don't trust to use the power, for one?

.......Snipped Wall nonsense

I like both diddin and
GreyICE
for lynching, but I think diddin is the superior lynch at this point. Zoraster and maybe MoI at a decent third. Maybe bunnylover.

Raise: Twilight Sparkle

UNVOTE:
VOTE: diddin

Unvote

Vote Xvart

Someone forgot who their town reads were supposed to be by the end of their own wallpost.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Percy »

Hi guys. Catching up with my life after my sickness has been hard, and I haven't had time to read this game. I will do so, but it may take me a few days.

In the meantime, does anyone want to summarize the highlights of today?
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by Mikujin »

Locke Lamora wrote:I'm tired of people talking about the governor ability. Let's lynch Mikujin. I get the feeling her DGB votes are more based on the idea that DGB is being stupid than DGB is being scummy. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of conviction that DGB is actually scum.
I'm male, for the record.
Douchebags get kind of a bad rap. They provide a useful service.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Faraday »

See next post.
Last edited by Faraday on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 1.14

Mikujin (2) Locke Lamora, Danakillsu
xvart (3) Thor665, chesskid3, GreyICE
LynchMePls (1) DrippingGoofball
GreyICE (1) Shadow1psc
THor665 (2) Raivann, Twilight Sparkle
diddin (4) Magua, MagnaofIllusion, xvart, Zdenek

danakillsu (1) Benmage
Magua (1) diddin
Hasdgfas (1) Bunnylover
Xtoxm (1) Hasdgfas
Drippinggoofball (2) Mikujin, Nexus
Raivann (1) LynchMePls
Locke Lamora (2) Kast, Zoraster

Not voting (3) Percy, Xtoxm, Feysal

With 25 alive it takes 13 to lynch.

Raise Count 1.14

Locke Lamora (1) Locke Lamora
Hasdgfas (1) Feysal
Twilight Sparkle (4) Bunnylover, xvart,Zdenek, GreyICE

DrippingGoofball (1) Danakillsu
Danakillsu (1) chesskid3
Benmage (5) Benmage, Song of Ice and Fire, MagnaofIllusion, diddin, Mikujin
Magua (2) Hasdgfas, LynchMePls
Percy (1) Magua
Shadow1psc (1) Raivann
Not raising (8)Nexus, Percy, Xtoxm, Zoraster, Twilight Sparkle, DrippingGoofball, Kast, Shadow1psc

With 25 alive it takes 13 to raise someone

*Any mistakes in the votecount please point them out.
* Xtoxm will be prodded.
* Percy is sick (V/la).
* Deadline countdown is here
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Gonna help the scum bus.

VOTE: Locke Lamora
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Feysal »

I see a distant light on the horizon... can it be? Yes! The end of the thread!

In other words, I'm finally completely caught up, having escaped catchup hell, and can start playing this game the way it is meant to be played.

Some observations from along the way:

I see Mikujin has fallen under suspicion for first not providing reads or doing public scumhunting, then jumping to DGB supposedly to avoid pressure for having no vote. I see the scum motivation of laying low like this, but I'd really like us to have a better case today. I have been guilty of acting the same, as town. If he is still like this after a day or two, that will be different, but for now I'm content leaving him alone.

I had a look back at what DGB did at the start of the thread. She posted her first list of reads fairly early, though it was after Locke had called her out for not doing it. She then gave Locke a scum read. She left out LynchMePls from her first scum list, MoI noticed she was still voting him, and she added him to her scum list in her next post. Oddly, she mentioned that hasdgfas could be faking in both of her first lists, but it was not until Magua bet that he was faking that DGB moved hasdgfas to her scum list and began to push him.

And get this: throughout the game, despite pushing for hasdgfas, DGB always kept her original random-stage vote on LynchMePls, who she never tried to push. Only now she moved her vote to Locke, and between him and zoraster, I'm more confident of Locke being town.

Like so many others, I'm getting a scummy feel from zoraster. And from diddin. Raivann looks worse to me than either of them though. He posted some scum reads early on, but instead of keeping his vote on one of them, he voted Song of Ice and Fire, who had only posted once, less than a day earlier. There was no rhyme or reason to that vote, and what is worse, Raivann has since then tried to justify that vote and kept it there. Also, the way he replied twice to the same post, one hour part, looks simply weird. He first dares me to vote Song, then appears to mock the way I reported what I was up to.
Raivann #393 wrote:So you don't like it, but I also made a good point? Huh? You didn't like it so much that you posted this, but I made a good point?
You had
one
good point. The rest of them made me feel like you were grasping at straws to make it appear like you had a case. That is what I disliked about it. I won't be supporting a Song (now Thor) lynch based on this. Also, what was the purpose of your second reply to the same post, one hour later?
MagnaofIllusion #407 wrote:If you really think he's faking push a wagon on him. Town has ZERO reason to fake that sort of PR.
Sadly, I've seen town fake a post restriction and get lynched over it. I trust hasdgfas would be experienced enough to know that though.

On the other hand, I've seen a third party fake three different post restrictions during a single game, and get away with it. It was a strange role, and a strange game.

Anyway, I'm no stranger to post restrictions, though I've never had one myself. In the games where I've seen them, the post restricted players have
always
attracted attention, and there has always been a portion of players who want to lynch them, for no other reason than that they are post restricted. I'm seeing the same here. I see people saying that they think that the restriction is fake, but less in the way of reasons. Bunnylover in particular seems to be tunneling on hasdgfas, despite having no reason to believe the restriction is fake other than outguessing the mod. DGB had some meta of hasdgfas being scum and post restricted before. That makes it more likely he could be faking, but it is no proof. xvart had meta on one of the moderators, saying Faraday would not give such an obscure restriction. That sounds somewhat better to me, but there is still nothing scummy anyone can pin on hasdgfas. Or is there? I have to admit that it is
possible
he is scum, but does anyone have a reason why it would be
probable
? If there is, I'm missing it.

I think the best thing to do is wait and see, and not get distracted. hasdgfas sticks out, he is not getting away with anything scummy now.
GreyICE #532 wrote:Someone forgot who their town reads were supposed to be by the end of their own wallpost.
I caught up at a good time for this. This is the first truly good catch I remember seeing from you. We'll see how xvart explains it.

It looks like I have two fine suspects in DGB and Raivann. Due to DGB being DGB, I'm less certain about her being scum though, I have known her reads to change arbitrarily as town. Raivann looks scummiest to me right now. He made a strange vote on Song, and since then has been scrambling for reasons to call it a vote on scum.

Vote: Raivann

I'm alone in raising hasdgfas as Hand... not useful. I see Benmage leading the votes, followed by Twilight Sparkle and Magua. Benmage may be town, but I haven't liked the confidence with which he has been asking for votes. Twilight Sparkle have said they won't use the ability. That leaves Magua, and I'm fine with him. The only posts from him I've not liked were from the exchange with zoraster about his worst case scenario. Those were tedious and not that useful, since that situation is very unlikely to occur anyway.

Unraise: hasdgfas
Raise: Magua
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by LimMePls »

@Feysal: What do you make of Zoraster?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by Benmage »

I wanna get back in here...busy last few days. If I can't later tonight after I eat something I will tomorrow.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by xvart »

Twilight Sparkle, 516 wrote:I'm not talking about raising Percy in partiuclar, I'm talking about Magua and who is choosing to raise and why. He is doing it in an attempt to read people as far as I can gather as reinforced in post 349. Your question reads like busy work.
It's hardly busy work as all he needed to do was just what he did: restate what he stated. I missed/forgot/didn't care enough to remember that Magua was giving the role to someone to help get a stronger read on someone. All I saw when reading was Percy's posts about being sick and then a Raise out of the blue (or so I thought).
GreyICE, 521 wrote:Here's mentioning a vigilante:
"While this cop guilty means we have to Lynch MoI today, DGB's early defense makes her pretty much vigbait.""

Here's rolefishing:
"Just a thought. If we KNEW we had a vigilante, this would be clearer: give it to vig bait and let him get shot."
GreyICE - with respect to rolefishing and zoraster's comment, what do you think of my comment about giving the governor to an investigation role?
GreyICE, 532 wrote:
xvart wrote:
diddin, 252 wrote:If you're as confident that GreyICE is town as it seems you are, why are you still raising Twilight Sparkle?
Because you can have a town read on someone you don't trust to use the power, for one?

.......Snipped Wall nonsense

I like both diddin and
GreyICE
for lynching, but I think diddin is the superior lynch at this point. Zoraster and maybe MoI at a decent third. Maybe bunnylover.

Raise: Twilight Sparkle

UNVOTE:
VOTE: diddin
<snipped picture>

Unvote

Vote Xvart

Someone forgot who their town reads were supposed to be by the end of their own wallpost.
Nope. My first question was a rhetorical question or maybe better described as an example and not an opinion of mine. The question wasn't even asked to me, but I responded to the question with a question, like "Did you think about this possibility?" The point I was making is that people aren't automatically going to give the Governor ability to the person they find most likely to be town. Case in point: you. Apparently a lot of people think you are town but you aren't getting the Raise. Even if I thought you were obvtown I wouldn't want you raised because I don't trust you with that ability.

If you read back through my posts it should be pretty clear that I've never thought that GreyICE was town, and leaning the opposite.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

chesskid3 wrote:give me governor then
i'm always on lol
don't know what that has to do with anything
BUT I GET AWESOME SUPAPOWERS IF I GET HAND
.......or do i? wink wink wink
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by zoraster »

GreyICE - with respect to rolefishing and zoraster's comment, what do you think of my comment about giving the governor to an investigation role?
This is a good question to pose. How do you intend to give it to an investigative role without outing one? Mine I didn't need to know who was the vig to direct him to shoot the Hand if we went the scummy hand route (though, as I mentioned, I had neglected to think of the lynch possibility). How do you give it to an investigative role?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by GreyICE »

xvart wrote: Nope. My first question was a rhetorical question or maybe better described as an example and not an opinion of mine. The question wasn't even asked to me, but I responded to the question with a question, like "Did you think about this possibility?" The point I was making is that people aren't automatically going to give the Governor ability to the person they find most likely to be town. Case in point: you. Apparently a lot of people think you are town but you aren't getting the Raise. Even if I thought you were obvtown I wouldn't want you raised because I don't trust you with that ability.

If you read back through my posts it should be pretty clear that I've never thought that GreyICE was town, and leaning the opposite.
I read your ISO. Nothing of the sort is clear. All you've done is ask questions and wander around in an attempt to find the nearest bandwagon to jump on. Information over analysis? That isn't a description, it's like your life motto.

You clearly stated that I was obvtown and then by the end of the post I was one of the people you wanted to lynch because there was a couple votes on me and you saw a decent chance of a wagon.

Everyone: Read xvart's ISO. Then lynch obvscum.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Raivann »

zoraster wrote:Raivann, upon second inspection is scummy. I feel like he's going for a sort of "hit and run" post style that keeps him under the radar yet active. Without reviewing anything, can you remember anything Raivann has said or what his positions are? No? Me neither, and I just reread his iso. Pretty reluctant to vote
I thought you were scummier after I ISO'ed you too.
I'm not reluctant to vote, I just happen to like my vote on Thor(Song).
Here's my scumreads- Thor,Feysal, MoI, and Bunnylover.
If Feysal is still alive after Thor flips scum, he should be next to hang.

Having said all that i like GreyICE's case..
Unvote, Vote: xvart

unraise, Raise:GreyIce
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Magua »

GreyICE wrote:
GreyICE, can you please show where xvart claims to have a townread on you? diddin's 252 is in reply to me and *my* townread on you.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

GreyICE wrote:
xvart wrote: Nope. My first question was a rhetorical question or maybe better described as an example and not an opinion of mine. The question wasn't even asked to me, but I responded to the question with a question, like "Did you think about this possibility?" The point I was making is that people aren't automatically going to give the Governor ability to the person they find most likely to be town. Case in point: you. Apparently a lot of people think you are town but you aren't getting the Raise. Even if I thought you were obvtown I wouldn't want you raised because I don't trust you with that ability.

I read your ISO. Nothing of the sort is clear. All you've done is ask questions and wander around in an attempt to find the nearest bandwagon to jump on. Information over analysis? That isn't a description, it's like your life motto.

You clearly stated that I was obvtown and then by the end of the post I was one of the people you wanted to lynch because there was a couple votes on me and you saw a decent chance of a wagon.

this is why my vote never moved from him :P
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

also can people stop ignoring the quoted post of mine?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by xvart »

GreyICE, 544 wrote:I read your ISO. Nothing of the sort is clear. All you've done is ask questions and wander around in an attempt to find the nearest bandwagon to jump on. Information over analysis? That isn't a description, it's like your life motto.

If you read my ISO then please point out any indication that I thought you were town. And your commentary about me wandering around asking questions was my 13 page catch up since I hadn't been in the game yet. Anyways, to clarify (since you seemed to have missed the point) about my "obvtown read" the original quote:
xvart, 338 wrote:
The "for one?" at the end of the statement should make it pretty obvious that it was an example and not a declaration of agreement with the read of whoever diddin was quoting that you were town. Suggesting otherwise is a huge stretch.

And you didn't answer my question why you are all up in arms about zoraster and his vig comment and didn't say peep about me commenting on giving Governor to an investigative role.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”