Vote Count 2.01
Vote Count 2.02
Kagetora lynched (End of Day 2)
Klazam killed (Beginning of Day 3)
Vote Count 3.01
Magnetic replaces wizrak
Vote Count 3.02
andrew94 lynched (End of Day 3)
Chocolate Cake and Rain killed (Beginning of Day 4)
MrBump lynched (End of Day 4)
No death (Beginning of Day 5)
evilpacman18 lynched (Game Over)
Last edited by Olinea on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:59 am, edited 57 times in total.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by Olinea »

Da Rules (Modified from Zorblag’s rules, who modified Vel-Rahn-Koon’s rules)

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable. The role PMs are in the OP anyways, but just don’t do it.
  2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Players who can communicate outside of the forum postings may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
  3. No heavy use of ciphers or encryption is allowed. If you're not sure whether something counts you should ask the Moderator before using it.
  4. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions unless you’re compulsively killing someone, in which case I’ll assign your target at random. Yes, it is possible to shoot yourself. So don’t miss your action.
  5. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
  6. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase. Vigilantes and the Serial Killer are exempt from this, as they
    must
    submit a night action.
  7. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur.
  2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
  3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
  4. Please submit votes as either VOTE: PlayerName or
    Vote: PlayerName
    Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
    Note that the vote tags formats votes correctly and are encouraged.
  5. Please submit vote revocations as either UNVOTE: PlayerName or
    Unvote: PlayerName
    or
    Unvote
    . Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes, but it just makes things SO much easier for me. Again, note that the unvote tags format this correctly and are encouraged.
  6. You may VOTE: No Lynch - if at least half of the players are voting for No Lynch at any point the day will end in a No Lynch. Otherwise the no lynch votes are just like any other. So an even number of players requires exactly half; an odd number requires a majority, similar to a normal lynch.
  7. This game will have a three week deadline for the first day (due to probably schedule irregularities) and then two week deadlines after that. At deadline, the player (or No Lynch) with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, there will be no lynch. Should there be no active votes at deadline no one will be lynched.
  8. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
  9. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may submit one “Bah” post. This post can
    not
    include any game-related information. Your “bah” post is a privilege.
Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Orange
    text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed. Do not attempt to impersonate me by using orange text. I will know.
  2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
  5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 72 hours of no activity or upon request after 48 hours of no activity. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
  6. Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
  7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by Olinea »

This game is the Mayo Clinic setup. It is run with 12 players.

Serial Killer

Mafia Doctor

Mafia Goons

Compulsive Vigilantes

Doctors

Other tidbits. Some of this is standard for the setup (The first 3), the other 2 are how I run things.

Each Doctor protection will protect somebody from 1 shot. If somebody has only 1 Doctor protection and is shot by 2 shots, they still die.

The Serial Killer is 100% bulletproof.

The Serial Killer uses "shot" flavor. His shots are still able to be stopped by Doctor protections.

Town always gets a shot to win. If there is still
any
possible way that they can win, they will get the chance to play it out.

In a 1v1 endgame between a Mafia member and the Serial Killer, the Serial Killer wins.

Below is all of the possible role PMs to be sent.

[color=#FF0000][b]Mafia Goon[/b][/color] wrote: XXXXX,

Welcome to Open 288! You are a
Mafia Goon
. Your partners,
___________ (Mafia Goon)
and
___________ (Mafia Doctor)
, decided it was time to stop doing petty crimes like mugging and playing loud music at 10:00 PM, and decided to try and overtake this hospital. With only 6 doctors in it. Well, you’ve gotta start somewhere, don’t you?

You may use this QuickTopic here to plot at night, or before the game during confirmations.

Each night, you or your partners may send me the name of a player you would like to kill. In addition, if

You win if the Mafia comprise at least half the town, or if nothing can prevent the same.

The game topic is here. Please confirm in-thread.

Good luck!
-Olinea
[color=#800000][b]Mafia Doctor[/b][/color] wrote: XXXXX,

Mafia Doctor
. Your partners,
___________ (Mafia Goon)
and
___________ (Mafia Goon)
, decided it was time to stop doing petty crimes like mugging and playing loud music at 10:00 PM, and decided to try and overtake this hospital. With only 6 doctors in it. Well, you’ve gotta start somewhere, don’t you?

You’re kind of the brains of the operation, what with your P.H.D. and all. You know a fair bit about medicine and the like, and as such your Goons are counting on you to help protect them.

You may use this QuickTopic here to plot at night, or before the game during confirmations.

Each night, you or your partners may send me the name of a player you would like to kill. In addition, if you are alive, you may perform one protection per night. You may not protect yourself.

You win if the Mafia comprise at least half the town, or if nothing can prevent the same.

Good luck!
-Olinea
[color=#0000FF][b] Doctor[/b][/color] wrote: XXXXX,

Doctor.
You’ve devoted your life to medicine, and you know quite a bit about it. Now, after some time in your peaceful hospital, doing transplants, surgeries, and the like, suddenly you’ve noticed a little more blood than usual. There were rumors about the mafia trying to overtake your precious hospital! Unfortunately, despite your raw intellect, you just can’t seem to remember who’s new to this hospital, and who you’ve been working side-by-side with for all these years.

Every night, you may PM me the name of one player. That player will be protected from one kill attempt. You may not protect yourself.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Good luck!
-Olinea
[color=#000080][b] Compulsive Vigilante[/b][/color] wrote: XXXXX,

Compulsive Vigilante.
You never really got into medicine. Not your type of deal. You DID, however, get into guns. You love your town so much, and hearing about the mafia invading the hospital sends you into a patriotic frenzy. So while the doctors are out doing their medicine stuff, you’ll be doing the dirty work.

Every night, you must PM me the name of one player. That player will die unless protected. If you fail to send a night action to me by the deadline, your target will be chosen at random. Do note that this random target may turn up as yourself, so don’t forget to send in your action.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Good luck!
-Olinea
[color=#565656][b] Serial Killer[/b][/color] wrote: XXXXX,

Serial Killer.
You’re not a big fan of
anyone
in this hospital. Hell, you’re not a big fan of
anyone
. So, one day, you just said “it’s time”, packed your trusty guns and bulletproof vest, and decided to overtake this hospital by force. If the supposed mafia tries to get in your way, they’ll meet the same fate.

Every night, you must PM me the name of one player. That player will die unless protected. If you fail to send a night action to me by the deadline, your target will be chosen at random. Do note that this random target may turn up as yourself, so don’t forget to send in your action.

You are immune to ALL kill attempts made on you at night, except from yourself.

You win when you are the last one alive.

Good luck!
-Olinea
Last edited by Olinea on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:59 pm

Post by Olinea »

Randomizing role distribution and getting a few loose ends tied up.

When you get your PM, please confirm in the thread along with the out-of-place word in the PM.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by Olinea »

Role PMs have been sent out.

Please confirm in-thread. There will be an out-of-place word in your Role PM. Include this word in your confirmation post.

The game will begin when 10/12 players have confirmed.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Olinea »

MrBump wrote:Lolmarica sucks.

Inb4idiebecauseisaidthat
MrBump has been modki-

Hey, even your mod needs sleep :P

With 11 confirmed, the game has started. Deadline is set for Saturday, March 12th.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Olinea »

Vote Count 1.01

[3] Kagetora - evilpacman18, MrBump, parknourie
[2] wasamasas - Rain, andrew94

[7] Not Voting - Chocolate Cake, vatesi, Kagetora, wasamasas, Klazam, wizrak, aaah400

With 12 alive it is 7 to lynch. Deadline is set for Saturday, March 12.
Last edited by Olinea on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:19 pm

Post by Olinea »

Vote Count 1.02

[3] Kagetora - evilpacman18, MrBump, Rain
[2] parknourie - wasamasas, Chocolate Cake
[2] Chocolate Cake - parknourie, aaah400
[1] wasamasas - andrew94

[4] Not Voting - vatesi, Kagetora, Klazam, wizrak

wizrak, I've noticed you have BBCode disabled when you post. Make sure to enable it or your votes won't officially go through.

No modkill will take place. However, the game should still not be discussed outside of the thread.

Please tell me if there are any mistakes with the votecount. With 12 alive it is 7 to lynch. Deadline is set for Saturday, March 12.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Post by Olinea »

Vote Count 1.03

[2] Kagetora - MrBump, Rain
[2] parknourie - wasamasas, Chocolate Cake
[2] Chocolate Cake - parknourie, aaah400
[1] wasamasas - andrew94
[1] Klazam – wizrak
[1] wizrak – Klazam
[1] vatesi – evilpacman18
[1] No Lynch - Kagetora

[1] Not Voting - vatesi

Please tell me if there are any mistakes with the votecount. With 12 alive it is 7 to lynch. Deadline is set for Saturday, March 12.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:12 am

Post by Olinea »

Vote Count 1.04

[4] MrBump - wizrak, evilpacman18, Rain, parknourie
[3] parknourie - wasamasas, andrew94, Chocolate Cake
[1] Kagetora - MrBump
[1] Chocolate Cake - aaah400
[1] wizrak – Klazam
[1] No Lynch - Kagetora

[1] Not Voting - vatesi

Please tell me if there are any mistakes with the votecount.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by Olinea »

I'll have a votecount when I get back from my Physics midterm (I'm studying now, but apparently not enough since I'm on Mafiascum >_>). wasamasas is also 4 hours away from a prod so if I get back and he hasn't posted he'll be prodded.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by Olinea »

Vote Count 1.05

[4] MrBump - wizrak, Rain, parknourie, aaah400
[3] parknourie - wasamasas, andrew94, Chocolate Cake
[1] Kagetora - MrBump
[1] wizrak – Klazam
[1] vatesi - evilpacman18
[1] No Lynch - Kagetora

[1] Not Voting - vatesi

wasamasas has been prodded.

GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:55 pm

Post by Olinea »

Vote Count 1.06

[4] parknourie - wasamasas, andrew94, Chocolate Cake, Kagetora
[2] MrBump - Rain, aaah400
[2] vatesi - evilpacman18, MrBump
[1] Klazam - parknourie
[1] Kagetora - wizrak
[1] wizrak - Klazam

[1] Not Voting - vatesi

wasamasas has 24 hours to post or he will be force-replaced.

GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by Olinea »

Okay guys, we need to have a talk.

I'm trying to be a good mod and let you guys post pretty freely. But part of being a good mod is knowing when things are escalating out of control, and I definitely let that go on for too long.

There aren't going to be any warnings, but consider this your last threshhold before I
do
start giving warnings. This goes for everybody, not just those who are causing problems. Sorry if you haven't done anything wrong -- just keep on doing what you're doing. Those of you who are making me write this know who you are. Modkills are not golden hammers to solve problems in a thread and I
really
hope it doesn't come to that.

Now, how's about a vote count while we're here?

Vote Count 1.07

[5] parknourie - wasamasas, andrew94, Chocolate Cake, Kagetora, evilpacman18
[2] MrBump - aaah400, parknourie
[1] wizrak - MrBump
[1] evilpacman18 - wizrak

[3] Not Voting - vatesi, Rain, Klazam

wasamasas has picked up his prod and has been posting elsewhere on the site, but completely missed the 48 hour deadline. He's getting replaced.

vatesi is due for a prod in about an hour but it's 2:00 AM and I love you guys and all but I need sleep.

Last edited by Olinea on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Olinea »

The members of the hospital quickly decide that
parknourie
is probably a threat to the beloved sanctuary. A couple of you grab him and throw him in the MRI machine, turn the power on full blast, and
zap
– he stops moving. You immediately rush to his office and scour it. Immediately you notice a medical license hanging on the wall with "parknourie" written on it. Upon further investigation, you discover several things of importance -- his Employee of the Month plaque from last year, his surgical equipment, and pictures of his vacation home in France. Ugh. Looks like you just killed a Doctor.

parknourie,
Doctor
, lynched Day 1.

It is now Night 1. Night actions are due by Wednesday, March 2nd at whatever time this reads for you (12:00 for me). I have class ending at 12:00 so you'll be able to go a bit over deadline -- we're talking about an hour though, so don't get any ideas. Vigilantes and the Serial Killer
must
submit actions or their shots will be chosen at random. For the rest of you, if I don't get an action by deadline, I will assume you have taken no action.

Nighty night!
Last edited by Olinea on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Olinea »

DLG replaces wasamasas.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Olinea »

Overnight, the members of the hospital awaken to find that
wasamasas
fled the hospital overnight. In his stead, a new man, DLG, takes his place. He opens up wasamasas’s office, removes the name plate, and spends several hours moving boxes of God-knows-what inside. At long last, he carries a few loose objects in and doesn’t come out of his office. All 10 remaining wonder what this new man DLG will bring to the hospital.

As Doctors, Vigilantes, Mafia, and a Serial Killer awaken, they gather in the lobby. A few read outdated Home & Garden magazines as they wait for the others. As 10 gather, they realize that one of their number is missing. After a headcount, it is established that DLG is missing. Wondering if he simply overslept due to a long night, the group elects a few to knock on his door and see if he’s just asleep or taking a walk. No response. So they grab the spare key and open up the door.

Inside is the body of poor DLG, laying in a pool of his own blood. Boxes upon boxes lay in his office, still packed. Tentatively, each person takes a box and opens it. Stethoscopes, prescription pads, bottles of assorted ointments, and other medical equipment lie in each box. They search every box inside and out and find nothing of malice in them. As they turn away, a note is spotted on the door. “Hospital meeting at 10:00”, it reads. “Find those killers!”

Uh-oh.

DLG,
Doctor
, killed Night 1.

It is now Day 2. Deadline is Wednesday, March 16th at 1:19 PM Pacific. Good luck!
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Olinea »

Question for you guys.

So, vatesi's getting replaced due to inactivity. I was considering asking DLG to come back and take vatesi's spot since he's read the thread already and his original role wasn't scum. The thing is, this means he'd know what the wasa/DLG spot did last night, so it wouldn't be
completely
fair. I'd still like to ask for your judgments on this.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:13 pm

Post by Olinea »

Empking replaces vatesi.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (isolation #19) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by Olinea »

Blah, knew I was forgetting something.

Vote Count 2.01

[3] Kagetora - MrBump, Rain, Chocolate Cake
[3] MrBump - aaah400, wizrak, evilpacman18

[4] Not Voting - andrew94, Empking, Kagetora, Klazam

Deadline is set for March 17th.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Olinea »

Vote Count 2.02

[5] Kagetora - MrBump, Rain, Chocolate Cake, evilpacman18, Kagetora

[2] MrBump - aaah400, wizrak

[3] Not Voting - andrew94, Empking, Klazam

Kagetora is at L-1.

With 10 alive it is 6 to lynch.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by Olinea »

After a bit of rabbling and arguing, the group decides that
Kagetora
isn’t devoted to the hospital. They carry him over to the hospital bed, tie him down, and gradually close the bed while forcing him to watch reruns of Scooby Doo until the man is flattened. Just as they did with parknourie, the group grabs the master key to Kagetora's office and opens the door. Immediately, there is a sense of unbelonging. A quick scan of the walls reveals no medical license. It is apparent that Kagetora never worked in this hospital. Guns are strewn everywhere, which is also a telltale sign of not being a doctor. The group begins to celebrate when they gaze upon the object sitting on his desk. It is a picture of his wife and kids. "We love you", it reads. "Be safe".

And once again, the group walks away from the office in collective shame, another devoted member of the town lost to their rabble-rousing.

Kagetora,
Vigilante
, has been lynched Day 2.

It is now Night 2. Actions are due to me by Tuesday, March 5th at 9:00 PST. As always, the Vigilante and Serial Killer must send in actions or their actions will be determined by random.org. Good night!
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (isolation #22) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Olinea »

GreyICE replaces aaah400.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #23) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Olinea »

Just as was the case with the previous night, several left the hospital overnight. It appeared that aaah400 and wizrak fled overnight; presumably to join wasamasas. It was unknown as to why the two left, but the reason wasn’t the thing on their minds. It was the new person, GreyICE, who walked into the hospital as if he owned the place. He carried fewer boxes than DLG, but still a small amount. No substitute came for wizrak. The group stayed on tenterhooks. Was it a blessing that none had come to take wizrak’s place yet, or a misfortune?

The group woke up, all just as tired as before. They braced themselves for the sight that would await them. 8 people gathered in the lobby. 1 death last night. A quick head count reveals that
Klazam
hasn’t woken up. Fearing the worst, the group first opens the door of Klazam’s office. It is nearly barren; you almost couldn’t tell that it was somebody’s office. The operative word being “was”, of course. The body of Klazam lays on his desk, sprawled face-up. Small drops of blood fall to the ground in a slow frequency. It is apparent that there isn’t a whole lot of blood left in Klazam. There is no saving him.

The office is large, but the possessions are easy to root through. A medical license is the only thing hanging on the wall, ever so slightly tilted. Klazam’s punch card is soaked in blood, but still records previous history with the hospital. Good history.

Klazam,
Doctor
, killed Night 2.

It is now Day 3. Deadline is Tuesday, March 22nd. With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.

Searching for a wizrak replacement.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (isolation #24) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Post by Olinea »

Vote Count 3.01

[3] Empking - evilpacman18, andrew94, Rain
[2] andrew94 - Empking, MrBump

[3] Not Voting - Chocolate Cake, wizrak (Still trying to get a replacement), GreyICE

Please correct any mistakes with the vote count.

Chocolate Cake has a bolded "vote andrew" but I see it as a command rather than a vote. If you'd like the vote to count, either vote in-thread or tell me.

With 8 alive it is 5 to lynch.

GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:42 am

Post by Olinea »

Empking wrote:Mod:
Chocolate Cake wrote:Needless to say, I will be taking EPM's reads less seriously from here on out.

VOTE: andrew
That's post 571.

Chocolate Cake wrote:Actually, andrew is a good candidate for SK. Since the ratios are such that if we don't lynch mafia today, and the vig misfires, we could lose.

Let me think about this.

UNVOTE:

P. Edit - Because you're scum.
He unvoted in 592.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by Olinea »

Magnetic replaces wizrak. Say hi!
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (isolation #27) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by Olinea »

Vote Count 3.02

[2] Empking - andrew94, Rain
[2] andrew94 - Empking, MrBump
[2] MrBump - evilpacman18, Magnetic

[2] Not Voting - Chocolate Cake, GreyICE

Please correct any mistakes with the vote count.

With 8 alive it is 5 to lynch.

GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (isolation #28) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by Olinea »

After Magnetic storms into the hospital, the group quickly decides that
andrew94
is lying about his ventures as a town vigilante. You take several ropes, strap him to a gurney, and push it down a set of stairs. The gurney rattles and shakes, bashing everywhere. And then it rolls down the stairs. andrew94, struggling to free himself, slams his head down the marble-chiseled steps of the staircase. Flecks of blood fly from him and stain the pure, white marble. The gruesome spectacle lasts only a few seconds. andrew94’s faint moaning gets softer and softer until he closes his eyes. He is pronounced dead on the spot. You immediately rush to his office and scour it. His medical license hangs on the wall, the name “andrew” clearly written on it. Just as the group is convinced it has accidentally killed a faithful doctor, upon further investigation you find a gun in his drawer – and, even worse, his P.H.D. came from Stanford. That’s enough evidence to make the judgment that you just caught a scumbag.

andrew94,
Mafia Doctor
, lynched Day 3.

It is now Night 3. Actions are due by Monday, March 14th at 12:00 AM PST. In order to expedite the process, if I get PMs from all players asking me to open the thread before deadline, and I have all night actions, I will do so.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (isolation #29) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:35 am

Post by Olinea »

Once again, the group congregates in the lobby, awaiting the results of the night’s aftermath. 5 of them show up in the lobby, even after several calls and knocks on the doors of
Chocolate Cake
and
Rain
. They fear the worst as look across the hallway to Chocolate Cake’s office. The door sticks a bit, as if Chocolate Cake didn’t want anybody coming into his office. But the door is old, and although the key fails, a good kick or two knocks it clean off. A scan of a busy assortment of papers and junk shows a devoted doctor. Indeed, his lab coat and work badge pinpoints Chocolate Cake as a doctor who knows what he’s doing, and has been doing it for a while. A medical license from Cal hangs on the wall, and the group immediately recognizes that anybody with a degree from Cal couldn’t have been evil.

Chocolate Cake,
Doctor
, killed Night 3.

And so the group rushes to Rain’s office. His door is surprisingly unlocked. The group gasps. Rain’s office holds nothing in it. Well, not “nothing”. A pistol lays on the ground, outside of Rain’s reach. It is only Rain’s severe bleeding that seems to be preventing him from grabbing the pistol and shooting them all on the spot. His face is pale, and he is quivering. His face is soaked with blood and tears, and he clutches a note. From the corners of their eyes, snippets of the note can be read.

Rain.

I’ve needed control of this hospital for ages. Every attempt I have made has been foiled by incompetent buffoons who were outed in seconds. This is the last thing we need to overtake in order to assume complete control of the city. As such, I need to send my top men for the job.

I have entrusted the three of you – yourself, andrew94, and-

The rest of the note is covered by his hands. Rain sees the group trying to read the note and, shaking even more, pulls out a lighter. The group rushes to snatch the note from him, but, in his final moments of life, Rain holds the flame to the paper, and it turns to ashes. He gives violent spasms and gasps as he rolls over, dead; his last breaths spent carrying out the deeds of the Don.

Rain,
Mafia Goon
, killed Night 3.

It is Day 4. With 5 alive it is 3 to lynch. Deadline is set for Sunday, March 27th at 2:30 PM Pacific time.

Good luck!
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (isolation #30) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Olinea »

That's a lynch. Mod scene in a bit.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (isolation #31) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Olinea »

The godfather of the mafia was arrested today.

Just as the group shuts the door of Rain’s office, MrBump yells out that he’s a Serial Killer, planning to kill everybody. This convinces the group that he is indeed a danger to the hospital as they rush him to a pharmacy. MrBump is chained to a metal bar as the other 4 grab assortments of pills and unmarked medicines. One by one, they pry open his struggling mouth, suffering a few bites, and force down heaps of pills into his throat. The group leaves, unable to watch the unfolding horror. MrBump yanks the chain as hard as possible, desperate to leave, to escape. He grows weary and soon collapses from exhaustion. He foams at the mouth, spasming, crying. He never intended for this to happen. He wants it to end, not to suffer from the horrible pains of his entire body fighting against itself. His loud choking and gasping steadily grows slower and less frequent. Eventually they all hear nothing more. MrBump lays slumped on the ground in a heap. Even if he is alive, he’ll never be able to recover. No doctor will save him.

The remaining four open his office door. A note lays on the desk; a quick read of it reveals ties between MrBump, andrew94, and Rain. The note is also signed with the Don’s first name. Before resting, a quick phone call is made to the authorities, the note is handed over as evidence, and it is not long before the town is abuzz with the news that several local doctors helped capture the don of the local mafia.

All four of them are delighted. Three of which because they know there’s only one more threat to their safeties. One of them smiles to himself, knowing that his hour is nigh, and that the hospital is inches away from his control.

MrBump,
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 4.

It is Night 4. Actions are due by Wednesday, March 16th at 7:00 PM Pacific time. If all 4 players send messages allowing me to open the thread before deadline, I will do so at my earliest convenience.

Nighty night!
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (isolation #32) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Olinea »

Pleased with the results of last night’s events, and even more so pleased that they each woke up without being dead, the group congregates in the lobby once more. The four of them look at each other. Two are faithful doctors to the hospital. One is a patriotic guardian of the city. And one holds malice in his heart, ready to strike.

It is Day 5. With 4 alive it is 3 to lynch. Deadline is set for Monday, March 28th at 12:45 Pacific time.

Good luck!
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (isolation #33) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Olinea »

Mod scene coming.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (isolation #34) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Olinea »

Even more quickly than the other day, it is decided that
evilpacman18
survived Empking’s shot last night. GreyICE and Empking point their fingers at him, and surprisingly, evilpacman does not resist. He allows himself to be carried away, without a trace of regret. They bring him to the roof, where he apologizes for all that he’s done. The group nods in acceptance, but they know that he must be taken down. He is dangerous. There is no changing what he feels towards these men. They get ready to hang him when he stops them. He walks to the edge of the building and looks down. Nobody could ever survive the fall. His back is turned to the group.

Which gives him the perfect cover to pull out his gun.

Whipping around, he fires, but the bullet whizzes far off. Empking looks in horror as he realizes he holds no weapon. The three rush down into the hospital, evilpacman18 shooting at them. A few bullets graze them, but they suffer no critical damage. Empking bursts into his office, gives all three guns, and runs out. GreyICE and Magnetic look at the guns. They’ve never fired guns before in their entire lives. But they still rush out to cover Empking.

Outside of the office, bullets are spraying everywhere. Bits of tile break and fly off, loud BANGs erupt from corridors, and neither Empking nor evilpacman18 seem to be dead. GreyICE and Magnetic each take two different routes. They know the hospital like the backs of their hands. With card key access, they can go anywhere. They follow the sources of the noise, terrified for their lives, but for the life of Empking, too.

evilpacman18 sprints down a corridor, turns, and finds a long hallway ahead of him. Turning back means facing Empking. Going forwards gives Empking a free shot. He takes the hallway as Empking rushes to the corner. He aims and shoots once, twice, thrice. Every bullet bounces clean off of evilpacman18, who wears a bulletproof vest. The same cannot be said for Empking, who quickly dodges behind a corner as evilpacman18’s shots nearly miss him, too. Pacman reaches the end of the hallway and runs, checking behind his back in case Empking is following him. In front of him, however, stand GreyICE and Magnetic. He turns his head, looks at each in the eyes, and falls to the ground, two bullets lodged in his temple. He, too, is dead. Empking rounds the corner and the three meet, staring at his body. He had come so close, but fallen to these three. They open his door and find exactly what they would expect. Various gruesome drawings litter the walls, 11 dartboards with the others’ faces on them, and a punch card which reads “KILL THEM ALL”, all pinpoint him as the killer. They close his door for the last time as they stare along the hallway. They lost brave men who all died protecting the hospital that they loved. But it was safe. They had all succeeded.

Congratulations to
Empking, Kagetora,
Chocolate Cake, GreyICE, DLG, and Klazam,
winners of Open 288!

More stuff in a bit.
Last edited by Olinea on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (isolation #35) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Olinea »

Dead QT
Mafia QT

Night 1

Protections

Klazam
protects
Rain
(+1)

wizrak
protects
aaah400
(+1)

aaah400
protects
wizrak
(+1)

Chocolate Cake
protects
evilpacman18
(+1)

DLG
protects
Chocolate Cake
(+1)

andrew94
protects
MrBump
(+1)

Kills

Kagetora
shoots
MrBump
(0)

vatesi
misses his action and random.org makes him shoot
DLG
(-1)

The Mafia
shoots
evilpacman18
(Null)

evilpacman18
shoots
aaah400
(0)

Results

evilpacman18
survives
The Mafia
’s shot thanks to being bulletproof (and
Chocolate Cake
’s protection).
aaah400
survives
evilpacman18
’s shot thanks to
wizrak
’s protection.
MrBump
survives
Kagetora
’s shot thanks to
andrew94
’s protection.
DLG
is killed by
vatesi
’s random.org shot.

Night 2

Protections

wizrak
protects
andrew94
(+1)

aaah400
protects
andrew94
(+2)

Chocolate Cake
protects
evilpacman18
(+1)

Klazam
protects
Rain
(+1)

GreyICE
switches
aaah400
’s protection to
wizrak
(+1)

andrew94
protects
MrBump
(+1)

Kills

Empking
shoots
wizrak
(0)

The Mafia
shoots
Klazam
(-1)

evilpacman18
shoots
Rain
(0)

Results

wizrak
survives
Empking
’s shot thanks to
GreyICE
’s protection.
Klazam
is killed by
The Mafia
Rain
survives
evilpacman18
’s shot thanks to
Klazam
’s protection.

Night 3

Protections

GreyICE
protects
Magnetic
(+1)

Magnetic
protects
GreyICE
(+1)

Chocolate Cake
protects
Empking
(+1)

Kills

Empking
shoots
Rain
(-1)

The Mafia
shoots
Chocolate Cake
(-1)

evilpacman18
shoots
Rain
(-2)

Results

Chocolate Cake
is killed by
The Mafia
Rain
is killed by
evilpacman18
and
Empking

Night 4

Protections

GreyICE
protects
Empking
(+1)

Magnetic
protects
GreyICE
(+1)

Kills

evilpacman18
shoots
GreyICE
0)

Empking
shoots
evilpacman18
(Null)

Results

evilpacman18
survives
Empking
’s shot thanks to being bulletproof.
GreyICE
survives
evilpacman18
’s shot thanks to
Magnetic
’s protection.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (isolation #36) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Olinea »

GreyICE wrote:Uh...

Wells. Um, Magnetic - are you down with the plan of protecting EmpKing tonight? I will protect you, and the final doctor will protect me since we don't have a clue who he is?
I loved the protections that night, since 2/3 of you defied the plan and everybody still got protection.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (isolation #37) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Olinea »

Sorta non-game related, but question for all of you: How many noticed that the "Alive" and "Dead!" in the OP link to songs?
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (isolation #38) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Olinea »

Cake = Antihero??
GreyICE:

Return to “Completed Open Games”