Open 291 Frenenemies (+ other guy) - Game over: Wolves win!

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by chkflip »

/confirm
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:59 am

Post by chkflip »

Still waiting on one more confirm?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by chkflip »

As opposed to what, exactly? Black Russians?

VOTE: TheBigLebowski

Now, which comment is more odd - Quaroath's choo-choo comment without him actually being on the wagon
or
the fact that Glass felt it necessary to point out the obvious? Neither. They're both dismissable.

Jerbs' OMGUS through an RVS filter is something to note, though.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:12 am

Post by chkflip »

Crazy wrote:
chkflip wrote:Jerbs' OMGUS through an RVS filter is something to note, though.
Why? And what does "something to note" mean? Scummy? Slightly scummy? Neutral, but interesting?
It means that, as of now, it's worth keeping on the brain. It's relatively worthless all by itself, but as the game continues? It has the possibility to manifest itself (with other things) to formulate into something.
Crazy wrote:
chkflip wrote:Now, which comment is more odd - Quaroath's choo-choo comment without him actually being on the wagon or the fact that Glass felt it necessary to point out the obvious? Neither. They're both dismissable.
Saying something's dismissable doesn't do anything except kill a possible discussion point. Why'd you feel the need to point that out?
It could only kill the discussion if everyone has the same opinion I do... which I highly doubt. I felt the need to point it out because, to me, at that current moment, it's not worth much; NOW, however, it strikes me that Quar still felt the need to elaborate.
Krazy wrote: 1 How screwed is the town?

2 Which are cooler, werewolves or mafia?

3 How lurkerish are YOU?

-Rate the following on a scale of Very Scummy to very Noobish to Totally Pro:

4 Asking questions about role mechanics (Is this always role fishing?)
5 Talking about No Lynch
6 Talking about theory in the first few pages

And the most important question:
7 Why haven't you voted Crazy yet?
1] I don't think town's all that "screwed," imo. It's only four scum in two groups of two. They're more probable, in my experience, to hurt themselves more than they hurt the town - if only because of crosskills.

2] I just got into this show of SyFy called "Being Human" with a werewolf, a vampire, and a ghost all living together. Wolves seem much cooler than Mafiosos, but only because I haven't had my Scarface fix in a while.

3] Not very, but I can tend to if I feel like I'm replying too often. (I get a little anxious sometimes)

4] Depends on the question, this could be quite the ambiguous statement. If it's something specifically about the ww's maulings alongside mafia NKs, then it might be fishing? But if it's something simple like pointing out that post 0 says 4 townies but post 2 says 5 townies recieved, then that just might be somebody that's not paying enough attention. (I almost pointed this out to the mod before realizing my mistake, lol)

5] It's been scummy everytime I saw it. NLs have very little gain, imo.

6] I enjoy discussion and rather hate RVS, so it's pro to me.

7] He's seemed pretty pro-town to me so far.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #51 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:20 am

Post by chkflip »

I think you're just sheeping off of me right now, Crazy. :P
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #54 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:57 am

Post by chkflip »

You're making it into more than it needs to be. First, the sheep reference was a joke, hence the tongue-out smiley. Second, you're mashing things together unnecessarily. At the time of my post, he hadn't responded yet, which is why I said what I said; now, however, he has, and I thought that particular event to be interesting. Much like my comment on somebody's RVS post, it was a "this is going to develop into something" type of deal, whereas if he had overlooked it, I would still say that it's not worthwhile to mull over until something develops from it.

Like this conversation, for example.

Now, why did I feel the need to mark it as dismissible? Not only to play Devil's advocate for a moment, but to get discussion flowing. I cannot clearly express my utter disdain for RVS. I get the point to it, I'm just not fond of it, so the faster we can get this game into some serious discussion? The happier this motherFlipper is.

Personally, I'd like to hear more about this, and more, from everybody else before I continue.

PEDIT: Don't flatter yourself. I'll let you know when I think ill of you, it just isn't at this moment.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #58 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by chkflip »

Crazy wrote:How is saying that something is "dismissible" supposed to start discussion?

"OMG everyone look at what that guy did!! Now let's dismiss it!"
The same way it already has.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #139 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by chkflip »

I word things the way I do to get rouses out of people. Use big words and people really start to go
apeshit
, don't they? I didn't find it noteworthy, so I said it was dismissible. It worked with Quaroath too, it seems, as I hardly even noted about him and he feels I'm giving him some sort of grilling. Sorry about my slight absence, I had some hefty college exams. That doesn't happen often.

Crazy
: No no, there you go acting like you know me again. I say "it strikes me", that doesn't have to always mean I think it's particularly scummy. It could actually be particularly unscummy to me, I'll just say something about it, and nine times out of ten it'll get some sort of response that backs up what I already thought or might even make me see something I may have been missing before. I even said this in post 49. To you, as a matter of fact. I'll call it scummy when I think it's scummy.

Quaroath
: I didn't say answering questions is scummy. I'm also not trying to take the non-stance on a situation that doesn't even exist. I'll go ahead and reiterate. It's expected to have questions answered because it's just rude not to answer them. It's not that you answered, it was how meaningless your original statement was. It made you think of a song; that's awesome, lots of things make me think of songs, too, but I don't often think to mention that in the duration of a mafia game. That's what I found to be a little interesting. Not particularly scummy, but definitely reassures me that you're a bit defensive by the way you've reacted.

unvote
the random vote. Was testing so I'll give it a quick re-read and drop a serious vote.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #140 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by chkflip »

Jerbs wrote:
chkflip
chkflip wrote:Jerbs' OMGUS through an RVS filter is something to note, though.
your point is?

As for the "dismissible" stuff, you didn't really justify your actions, and you seem to be saying that you purposely said something was dismissible so that people would attack you and start a conversation?

And these actions whould be either "scummy" or "not scummy" You were just fencesitting.
Okay, you're the second to say so, so I'll try this again. Choo-choo doesn't mean anything to me. Never will. Glass saying it's odd for Qua to say something about riding trains when he wasn't in fact riding himself
also
doesn't mean anything to me. I wasn't fencesitting, I was waiting for some real content. It was page 2 iirc.
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:my top scum right now is chkflp though.
chkflip wrote:Now, which comment is more odd - Quaroath's choo-choo comment without him actually being on the wagon
or
the fact that Glass felt it necessary to point out the obvious? Neither. They're both dismissable.

Jerbs' OMGUS through an RVS filter is something to note, though.
This post is full of scumminess, bringing up 3 things that could be called scummy if put together with another case, and bringing them up would probably make chk look good and that he could use later. I could easily see him going back and saying they aren't dismissible anymore if he needs to. He's setting himself up for calling anybody from this group scum if somebody starts a wagon.
I've pretty much just said the opposite to that. Is there anything else you could easily see me doing after playing a whole one game with me (where you were scum and I lynched you) prior to this one?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #170 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:06 am

Post by chkflip »

Crazy wrote:Chk, you definitely have a way with stuffing a lot of words in your posts yet still saying nothing at all.
So you're basically denying ever having a stance on anything?

I don't care what you find "interesting" or what "strikes" you. Tell me what you find scummy!

What I find scummy is when someone tries to pass off the notion that calling something "dismissible" was part of an elaborate ploy to start discussion.
- Thanks?

- Quote my post in which I said I had an actual stance on the situation and I'll reiterate oncemore.

- Fair enough, I'll stick to what's scummy and keep slight things to myself until they're completely relevant.

- I reactionfish more often than not. I can supply proof if you'd like?
Jerbs wrote:So you purposely used the word "dissmissable" to get peoples interest on you? And if it wasn't noteworthy, why even bring it up in the first place?
See
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #201 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:55 am

Post by chkflip »

Sorry, been busy studying for an exam. Now I've got a funeral to go to. I'll shoot my opinion on the last eight pages when I get back (both home and into the right mind space).
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #230 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:31 am

Post by chkflip »

Crazy wrote:Totally "interesting" fact right here:

In 10 posts, chkflip has posted
words. In all that wordiness, he has posted exactly
zero
reads on ANYBODY. And this is the guy that was stressing out about starting discussion in the RVS...

So is this "notable" or is this just "dismissible?"
- And this is how I know you're just trying to chainsaw me. "HEY GUIEZ DUN FORGET CHKSCUM! HE HE HE DIDN'T ANSWER PROPER!" Ridiculousness.

- If you'd notice, I've been very much so in-and-out of this game due to some pressing things in my life. I do believe my last post stressed this quite heavily; what I can say, however, is that I haven't utilized my posts as much as I should've.

- As for the "dismissible" thing, again, let's try it this way. "
It's
dismissible," meaning
it is
, meaning
you
don't have to dismiss it, but some might. Do you even remember what I said was dismissible? Exactly, because it's not important. Just like this repetitive nonsense. I reactionfished, I got results, and you don't like it because "it sounds like an excuse." Really? I can give you plenty of reactionfishing examples if you'd like. I think you're mixing "I think he's scum" with "I don't like his playstyle" and that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but if you seriously can't come up with one solid reason as to why I'm scum? You should stop beating the dead horse and repeating yourself. That's all
you've
done everytime chk ends up in one of your posts.

- Which sounds like the real cop out? "It's dismissible" or "No, no, I thought it was a joke"? The latter sounds terribly worse to me. I could nitpick at Krazy's posts, and I will, but for now I have to go to school. Full Krazy case in my next post.

VOTE: Krazy

Krazy is L-1
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #237 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by chkflip »

My Krazy kase:

Post 84 - mishap (first chk mention should say wizrak) and odd thought process aside, the post feels like he's trying to justify another one of his unfunny "jokes" with some actual logic when he actually just runs a circle around the situation. It was really quite obvious that wizrak was trying to rouse a reaction out of me; instead of seeing that, he further tries to push his "logic" by ending with "voting people who are already randomly voted isn't random" which, to me, make absolutely no sense. At all.

Post 88/89 - reads like scum trying to look as town as possible, especially so after all the attention he's constantly been bringing to himself.

Post 98 - though it's an honest question that was justifiable to ask, does he try to follow up after aaah ignores his question? No, not at all, he just skips along, giving me the feeling that this was just more fluffy fluff to look town; furthermore, why not ask any other questions? Yes, it was only page 4, but a lot had happened. Opportunistic scum is opportunistic. Not to mention:

Post 119 - which would be completely contradicted by the previously linked post. Why ask a question about it if you're "laughing so hard" at aaah's lack of explanations? Because he's trying to look town. Then follows this post with more fluff to look productive.

Post 194 - feels to me like somebody is getting irritated with the fact that they're becoming more and more obvscum. He gives Glass' paths (who says those are the only possibilities out of what Glass was implying?) ending with a really weak explination of a future Glass cop out. Ending with a suggestion to Crazy that is just lol-worthy.

Post 207 - is pure OMGUS with fluffery slamming himself, while his "NUH UH" response post 212 to Smash is nonsense, followed by baseless accusations directed at Crazy to further his vote.

Post 222 - total buddying after being a complete doucebag to the same person previously in their conversation. He then gives his case, which isn't much of one (though the language is nice and colorful), and ends with his experiences with scum using NKs on lurkers. Baseless percentage, invalid argument.

And finally, on top of other points brought to the table about Krazy, post 226 - the last post, out of 43 (I don't count /confirm), that wasn't either a "joke" or bonafide fluff. And, would you believe it? It's "Well I was joking so I think everyone was joking"... LOLWUT. That's the worst cop out of them all; it's quite obvious that he only reacted the way he did, when he did, was because Glass lit a fire under his ass.

Crazy
- no worries, man, I actually read it as if it was in sarcasmo font. Thanks for the condolences, though. Means a lot.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #243 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by chkflip »

Krazy wrote:
unvote; vote chkflip

Try reading the thread instead of just my iso.
Um... so me commenting on what was happening at the time, alongside me noticing aaah nor you commented further... that's all in your ISO. Do you always act this S-M-R-T?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #251 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:30 am

Post by chkflip »

Krazy wrote:Please, hammer before replacements have a chance to catchup/post. I beg you.
Krazy wrote:Interesting that you would go for the hammer so fast.
- One of these things is not like the other?
Krazy wrote:I mean for real DRK chk's L-1 vote on me was the first time he's directly confronted anyone or given a read the whole game and you're acting like everything there is to be said has already been said.
- For someone who moans about ISO's, you sure don't pay attention to the thread either. I had to attend a funeral, sir, and it's not like that was held on the same day the unfortunate event happened. But you know what? You're absolutely right, you
are
the first person I've made a full case on. At least you're paying a
little
attention. Go ahead, though, make sure to make that a main point in your case against me.

- It also makes me giggle that you throw your vote at people who vote against you. "Oh, you found something against me? TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME!" Seems like you want to make people back off of you; well, unfortunately for you, it didn't work. Twice.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #263 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by chkflip »

If you cannot properly joke (which you can't, obviously, since I'm what? The fourth person that's "dumb" because I didn't get your anti-joke?) than you shouldn't joke.

As far as my time goes, I put you at L-1 because I think you're scum. I don't care how much I haven't done beforehand; unlike the replacements, I've not only caught up, but I've formed enough of an opinion to vote you to where you currently are.

You're the one that called my lack of posting into play. So I thought I'd re-address why it was I was lacking posts. It's your bad call, not mine. Sorry I reminded you?

And no, I've made "real" posts prior to my voting you. You just fail to see them because you're mad you're at L-1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #273 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:39 am

Post by chkflip »

Krazy's 266 is terrible AtE at the end there.

DRK, I read that aah quote as them basically claiming Vanilla Townie. As for my "fear" I was just having fun with the silly RQ's.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #313 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:12 am

Post by chkflip »

Re-reading; at uni right now, so please ask me questions if there's something you specifically want from me.

Not sure where I stand right now.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #334 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:07 am

Post by chkflip »

I read it like Llama wasn't happy with how parkscum was doing, but felt much better about his new partner DRK. And shameless wagoning? Come on, now.

VOTE: LlamaFluff
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #353 (isolation #19) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:51 am

Post by chkflip »

Crazy - It was simply my interpretation of Llama; he'd have to be mafia for my interpretation to make any sense. I haven't, and still don't, have time to comment on the Glass wagon as of this moment. This is something that'll sporatically happen with schoolwork and other things.

As of this point, I'm still happy with my vote on Llama regardless of the fact that he might not have been DRK's partner. His defenses seem scum-motivated to me.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #354 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:52 am

Post by chkflip »

Oh, and ThAd, you even confused
me
with that. You've got me on your list twice.

pics or it didn't happen...
Last edited by ThAdmiral on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #370 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Post by chkflip »

I don't have enough time for this game, I'm sorry.

@Mod: Requesting Replacement.

Righto
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #576 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:19 am

Post by chkflip »

Sorry I had to replace out.

Go wolves.

Return to “Completed Open Games”