Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by Krazy »

Ythan wrote: then spend nearly every post bitching at me.
Ythan wrote: You're still a tunneling idiot.
Ythan, feel free to consult post #111 in response to these posts.
Umbrage wrote:Ythan's last two posts sum up my attitude toward Krazy perfectly.

@ Krazy: Either let your pissing match with Ythan drop or replace out of this game now.

So let me get this straight:

You agree with Ythan that my vote on TBL is doing nothing, but you also want me to not respond to Ythan's deluge of curses and insults. Very well, in that case, would you like to suggest a third candidate? Do you then have a town read on TBL? Any read at all?

How about Quaroth?
vote conspiracy
Abelcain
Abelcain
Goon
Abelcain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Abelcain »

@Ythan: I didn't say Krazy was in the right at any point there. But at any time during page four your could've stopped responding to him. It was pretty clear nobody was taking him seriously at that point, especially on the policy lynch and after his subsequent reason-switching. But when he spent his posts bitching at you, you made the decision to bitch right back.
"We're killing Abel, he is - by far - the town with the most brain cells rattling around in his noggin. It will be happytime awesome dance to have him dead and gone." -Thor665
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Ythan »

You earned that deluge. You've been tunneling on me since before I posted. You're playing horribly. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. Start playing like you have a head on your shoulders and I'll stop calling you out/responding to the shit you say. And I don't mean shit as a general term for stuff.
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Vordark »

Post #122...
Umbrage wrote:ONE LAST NOTE: I'm leaning toward Krazy and Ythan being scum together, and doing this shit to try and distract the town from any actual real scumhunting. I haven't read all of their back and forth, and I don't plan on doing so. They are making this thread almost impossible to read. I will say again: KEEP YOUR PERSONAL SHIT OUT OF THIS GOD-DAMNED THREAD!
Then in #147...
Umbrage wrote:Ythan's last two posts sum up my attitude toward Krazy perfectly.

@ Krazy: Either let your pissing match with Ythan drop or replace out of this game now. I'm considering a policy lynch on you at this point. If Ythan does something scummy, we will notice it. You don't have to yell at us to focus on him. I don't know what happened in your past with him, and I don't care. Keep it OUT OF THIS THREAD.
For reference, the posts Umbrage refers to...
Ythan wrote:
Krazy wrote:
Ythan wrote:You disagree with the reasoning and yet support the suspicion. Because you're an intense tunneler.

Your capacity to detect sarcasm never ceases to astound me. And are you still mad about the prod or what? "shitfit" = me asking you to post "content" and not just informing us that you're reading the isos of the V/LA players?

inb4qqaboutrespondingtoYthan.
Calling it sarcasm now. Yeah okay. And no, you cannot begin to hope to characterize your focus on me as an attempt to produce content. You're a horrible, shitty, tunneling VI, and you're doing nothing but creating noise. Obnoxious, terrible noise.
Ythan wrote:Krazy, you're not doing anything with Lebowski. You just picked out an arbitrary lurker to shift your vote to so you could pretend you're not tunneling. But moving your vote alone doesn't change anything. You're still a tunneling idiot.

vote Umbrage
Do you believe Krazy and Ythan to be scum, deliberately staging this spat so as to distract the town? Your subsequent post indicates that you believe as Ythan says, that Krazy is "a horrible, shitty, tunneling VI".

@Krazy: Do you have any real thoughts or analysis to share about any player here that is
not
Ythan,
and
that does not involve their reactions (or lack thereof) to Ythan and what you have said about him?

@TBL: I'd like to hear your thoughts on the conversations concerning Umbrage, Snake Eyes and Abelcain?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Krazy »

See the end of #131.
vote conspiracy
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by implosion »

Vote count 1.3:

Xtoxm - 0
Krazy - 2 (Abelcain, DarthYoshi)
Umbrage - 5 (iamausername, ConSpiracy, Snake Eyes, Vordark, Ythan)
Ythan - 0
ConSpiracy - 0
TheBigLebowski - 2 (Krazy, Umbrage)
Snake Eyes - 0
Vordark - 1 (TheBigLebowski)
Quaroath - 0
Abelcain - 0
iamausername - 0
DarthYoshi - 1 (Quaroath)
No lynch - 0
Not voting: Xtoxm.

With 12 alive, 7 votes are required to lynch.

Prods: none.
Last edited by implosion on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by Ythan »

Krazy if you had ever posted anything of value then multiple players wouldn't be asking you to say something now. Token one offs to look like you're not tunneled a mile deep on one player is shit play.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Krazy »

Stop making multiple posts directed at me. Just stop it. I'm not going to respond unless you make a point worth responding to.
vote conspiracy
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by Ythan »

You almost exclusively direct posts at me you titanic hypocrite. All you're doing now is bitching out and refusing to answer valid points about your lack of contribution, tunneling, and anti-town attitude. If you're not going to play this game then replace out now.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Umbrage »

AbelCain wrote:I still don't see him defending CS anywhere, though. I only see him attacking you for your reaction to the question. Are you saying that he wouldn't have said the same things if someone else had asked the question?
I believe the term is 'chainsaw defence'. When Snake Eyes attacked me, he did so under the assumption that CS is town, an assumption I see no basis for, and for which he has provided none. I don't know if he's protecting CS or just trying to make him an ally against me, but I don't like it.
AbelCain wrote:So you're acknowledging that you change your mind about everything in this game to suit your voting pattern? Because that's the same thing as rationalizing OMGUS.
I'm not sure what to what you are referring. The only time I changed my mind, as I recall, is when I dropped my case on CS. But that was a case made on page 1, and it died out. My case on Snake Eyes however, keeps getting stronger.
Krazy wrote:You agree with Ythan that my vote on TBL is doing nothing, but you also want me to not respond to Ythan's deluge of curses and insults. Very well, in that case, would you like to suggest a third candidate? Do you then have a town read on TBL? Any read at all?
I agree with him that your case on TBL is an attempt to look like you aren't tunneling. I think if you don't respond to Ythan's insults, he will stop insulting you. And my vote is on TBL, by the way.
Vordark wrote:Do you believe Krazy and Ythan to be scum, deliberately staging this spat so as to distract the town?
At first I was thinking that, now I'm not to sure. They've gotten awfully personal for distancing/distracting. It's also possible one is scum and is purposely angering the other, but at this point it'd be almost impossible to tell which one.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Ythan »

Look at Open 280. He played his same garbage game, I called him the same garbage tunneler, we were both town.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by Krazy »

Way to talk about an ongoing game.
vote conspiracy
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Ythan »

Game has been over since the third, idiot.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Fuck it, I can't play like this.

REQUEST IMMEDIATE REPLACEMENT OF BOTH YTHAN AND KRAZY.

You are both immature children.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Krazy »

Ythan wrote:Game has been over since the third, idiot.

Oh you're right.

But I wasn't in that game?

Sorry I was assuming you were talking about the game we were actually in together. MY BAD
vote conspiracy
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by Ythan »

Got games mixed up. The other Krazy-trash-tunneler game is not to be talked about.

Umbrage, cut the theatrics.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by Ythan »

In fact, Umbrage, I would not be so quick to suggest to the mod that a player be replaced for the offense of being an immature child.

Additionally, you are continuing to ignore what is actually going on. The lack of development in your complaints is evidence of that. Attention is on you for a reason, and it needs to be there because you are not doing enough to get out of the wagon on you.
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by Vordark »

Krazy wrote:See the end of #131.
Okay. The end of #131...
Krazy wrote:
werewolf555 wrote:The reason the post was ironic was that for the last 2 pages krazy was attacking Ythil, then accuses him of only attacking him. Therefore I thought it was ironic.

Please try to keep players straight. Ythil and Ythan are different players. Very different.
Xtoxm wrote:I'm getting mostly town vibes from the more active players, with the sole exception of Ythan, whose reactions to the assault from Krazy look a bit too complacent for what I would expect from a townie.

Although I always approve of suspicion of Ythan... "complacent"... really? That is not really how I would characterize his last 10 posts toward me.
Umbrage wrote: YES THAT WAS MY FUCKING MASTER PLAN I NEEDED AN EXCUSE TO OMGUS PEOPLE SO I CREATED THIS GAMBIT BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW HOW WELL OMGUS WORKS AND IT IS SUCH A GOOD THING TO DO AS SCUM.

ONE LAST NOTE: I'm leaning toward Krazy and Ythan being scum together, and doing this shit to try and distract the town from any actual real scumhunting. I haven't read all of their back and forth, and I don't plan on doing so. They are making this thread almost impossible to read.

Umbrage, I would like you to look at these two points from the same post and compare them to each other; and then think about how people react to your rage-caps posts.

TBL seems to want to snipe at me without saying anything of substance while Xtoxm seems to want to come off as reading Ythan's posts while not actually doing so. Both just graduated a step above Quaroth in my list. Umbrage continues to strike me as flailtown, although it's interesting that he continues with the rage-caps the next day, after I mentioned it.

I would say DarthYoshi was +1 for pulling a tl;dr attack, except I know from experience that tl;dr is a common town reaction to exchanges with Ythan. How about this Darth: Instead of QQing about my quote war with him, why don't you ask him a few more questions yourself? Again, both you and Ythan can QQ about me "tunneling" on him, but that doesn't excuse you from not engaging him at all.
So, do you have any real thoughts or analysis to share about any player here that is
not
Ythan,
and
that does not involve their reactions (or lack thereof) to Ythan and what you have said about him?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Ythan »

I got the title of a game mixed up with another one. My bad. He refers to a specific post of his instead of answering questions. If he can show that he was mistaken about the post number I can see where he's coming from. I don't think so, though, although we've got shit to go on when all he does is give a post number.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by Krazy »

Sniping is still sniping and active lurking is still active lurking. Xto has not given any explanation for his lack of contribution to this game and TBL seems to want to make a point out of his irony, thus making his "irony" posts 50% of his contribution to the game. If I have null-tells on the active players, and the lurkers have chosen to address 50% of their posts in regard to my exchange with Ythan, then it is impossible to comment on those players. I want the remaining lurkers to take positions.

Umbrage seems to be losing it but I still fail to see how his hysterics translates into scumplay. Insofar as he has been hysterical, it's difficult saying one player has been scummier than another in joining the wagon on him, since most are making good criticisms of him. However, it seems probable that at least one person on the Umbrage wagon is scum. Even if Umbrage is scum himself, his position in this game could lead to early wagoning, however I do not currently believe that to be the case. But since there so much room to make compelling criticism of Umbrage, I don't think any scum player has needed to stretch themselves to join the wagon. I will probably re-read the wagon on him once more people have caught up on the game or there is a flip. Continuing to grill Umbrage only makes it easier for lurkers to join the wagon on him when they do return to the game.

Between Xto, Quaroth, TheBigLebowski, and iamausername, there are enough players for an entire scumteam; I don't think they are fully located to them, but until they get into the game and contribute something, they are both night-kill bait and null-tells. Among them, if TBL and Xto are going to make six character posts or one-sentence responses to the last four pages, then I would characterize that as active lurking and I will continue to confront them until they have taken some position on some player in the game.

The point of giving the post number was so that I would not be repeating myself; since you want to join the characterization of me as "tunneling" on Ythan, it seemed prudent to direct you to the post on the previous page where I addressed my current concerns with other players.
vote conspiracy
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Vordark »

Krazy wrote:Umbrage seems to be losing it but I still fail to see how his hysterics translates into scumplay. Insofar as he has been hysterical, it's difficult saying one player has been scummier than another in joining the wagon on him, since most are making good criticisms of him. However, it seems probable that at least one person on the Umbrage wagon is scum. Even if Umbrage is scum himself, his position in this game could lead to early wagoning, however I do not currently believe that to be the case. But since there so much room to make compelling criticism of Umbrage, I don't think any scum player has needed to stretch themselves to join the wagon. I will probably re-read the wagon on him once more people have caught up on the game or there is a flip. Continuing to grill Umbrage only makes it easier for lurkers to join the wagon on him when they do return to the game.
So, are you saying that you believe Umbrage is town?
Krazy wrote:But since there so much room to make compelling criticism of Umbrage, I don't think any scum player has needed to stretch themselves to join the wagon. I will probably re-read the wagon on him once more people have caught up on the game or there is a flip. Continuing to grill Umbrage only makes it easier for lurkers to join the wagon on him when they do return to the game.
This bit seems to be saying that a bandwagon on a player for which there is "so much room to make compelling criticism" is bad, and that the more they are pressed the worse off we are. This appears to run contrary to the idea of scum hunting. Can you elaborate on your thought process here?
Abelcain
Abelcain
Goon
Abelcain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Abelcain »

Umbrage wrote:I believe the term is 'chainsaw defence'. When Snake Eyes attacked me, he did so under the assumption that CS is town, an assumption I see no basis for, and for which he has provided none. I don't know if he's protecting CS or just trying to make him an ally against me, but I don't like it.
From Tarhalindur Standard Tells:
Wiki wrote:After further analysis, Tarhalindur has determined that the Chainsaw Defense is only trustworthy once the player defended has been revealed to be group scum (once the player defended is proved to be Mafia, any player that used Chainsaw Defense on the dead scum should be scrutinized). Otherwise, it is a null tell.
Chainsaw is null unless you can prove that CS is scum (or if you can show that both CS and Snake are defending each other). I'm not saying that there isn't any chainsaw going on, but it's difficult to prove that he's attacking you to defend CS rather than just attacking you for scummy behavior.
Umbrage wrote:I'm not sure what to what you are referring. The only time I changed my mind, as I recall, is when I dropped my case on CS. But that was a case made on page 1, and it died out. My case on Snake Eyes however, keeps getting stronger.
Well, you couldn't decide on whether or not you voted for CS for a serious reason or if you voted for him just to bait people into defending him. You also can't decide on why you think CS asked you the question (if he had a make-you-look-bad motive, you wouldn't have dropped your case on him so easily). Still, it seems you flip-flopped a lot less than my memory has led me to believe, or else I'm just not noticing it in your ISO.

Although now that I'm looking through your ISO your case against Snake is starting to make more sense than it did the first time around. I'll read it tomorrow when I'm less tired and can retain more information.
Umbrage wrote: I think if you don't respond to Ythan's insults, he will stop insulting you.
We tried, right? I'm pretty sure I told them both to ignore each other too. I don't think they both need to be replaced though. If one gets taken out of the game the other will probably shut up about it.

I'm taking a page from Krazy's playbook (incidentally it's the only page that doesn't have "DIE YTHAN" scrawled across it in crayon) and looking at the less-active players in our game. iamausername is only a few hours away from a prod, Quaroath went to a basketball game last night and never came back after telling us he would, and xtoxm has so far lived up to his promise of one post every few days. TBL's active lurking bothers me too, especially when he asks Krazy why he doesn't have anything to say about the irony of his one post. TBL seems pretty fixated on this, too.

@TBL: How do you feel about Umbrage/Snake/CS/me?
"We're killing Abel, he is - by far - the town with the most brain cells rattling around in his noggin. It will be happytime awesome dance to have him dead and gone." -Thor665
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by Krazy »

Vordark wrote:So, are you saying that you believe Umbrage is town?

Not the first time I've said this, but apparently I've never posited any opinion of any player other than Ythan. Very surprised no one commented on this before.

There's been a few problems with Umbrage, but the first that comes up is his vote for Snake Eyes--which was underexplained but not scummish, and he has since moved on, which is also townish.

He pointed out Xto's lack of participation--which was town play, not scummish.

He questioned CS's motives--which was town play, not scummish.

He characterizes himself as setting himself up as bait--and indeed, games never move past RVS if every vote comes off as pure RVS with absolutely no basis behind it. That doesn't mean he's hellbent on anyone vote or another.

He does contradict himself:
A bandwagon needs people pushing it.
You seem desperate to stop RVS and get a wagon started.

This is problematic, but doesn't do much for me in terms of scumplay. This is more any-player trying to justify their "serious vote" gambit above, while trying to dispel a counter-wagon on them. Poor reasoning, and as it's poor reasoning it's not townish, but it's not scummish either. It's a misplay on either side of the fence. His downplay of his contradiction is also problematic, and marginally scummier than the contradiction itself.

Snake Eyes is saying at that point in the game a lot of the same stuff I'm saying right now, which is what gave me the impression that SE and Umb in particular were moving into a marginally un-scummish nulltell.

His posts starting to on around here is where he really starts to lose it:
Umbrage wrote:
Vordark wrote:Umbrage seems to be doing a lot of OMGUS voting and a whole lot of flipping out for a relatively painless page one, three-vote, get us out of RVS bandwagon. And the whole act scummy to see who bites thing is just silly.
OH I'M SORRY FOR SCUMHUNTING WHILE YOU'VE BEEN PICKING YOUR NOSE. You clearly don't understand what you are talking about, because the very nature of the gambit I pulled means that I will have to attack the people who attack me. It is only OMGUS if you do not provide reasoning for your votes. I've provided reasoning every step of the way. The only reasoning you've provided is that I'm 'silly'.
Vordark wrote:a relatively painless page one, three-vote, get us out of RVS bandwagon.
NO!!!!!!! WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! SNAKE EYES SAID THAT HE FOUND ME SCUMMY!!!!!!!!! I HAVE PROVEN IT WAS NOT A GET-OUT-OF-RVS BANDWAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN FUCKING READING THE FUCKING THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to go lie down...

This meltdown was kinda random, but I'm getting the impression Umbrage is a bit volatile. Again, I'm taking this as part of Umbrage's disposition, not as reflective of his position in the game. He basically sees the contradiction in the explanation for his RVS compared to his response to SE who was basically calling him on exactly what he was doing, and he more or less announces he was doing.

So basically the Snake-Eyes/AbelCain/Umbrage trifecta is striking me as townflailing on town. The whole thing is a colossal null-tell and I didn't really feel the need to break it down when at that point it was seeming way more likely that the scum are lurkers mixed with wagoners on Umbrage.
This bit seems to be saying that a bandwagon on a player for which there is "so much room to make compelling criticism" is bad, and that the more they are pressed the worse off we are. This appears to run contrary to the idea of scum hunting. Can you elaborate on your thought process here?

This is kind of getting into pure theory territory, but I do not think the "more [Umbrage] is pressed the worse off we are" but rather, the more Umbrage is pressed the easier it will be for lurkers to join the wagon. This is uninformative for those players, so perhaps indirectly bad for the town. In this setup, the hammer falls when a simple majority is reached, so we never REALLY get a sense of who, in a pinch, really would or would not hammer. It's interesting to see who joins the wagon at what point and for what reasons, but since the heart of the matter seems to be a townish SE and a townish AC poking a townflailing Umb it still seems more prudent to look at the lurkers.

I also feel like my exchange with Ythan has probably produced a relative null-tell.

That's why my questions lately have been:
-Who will try to produce a wagon out of it
-Who will ignore it completely
-Who will pretend to read it but only use it as an excuse to hide

When TBL and Xto basically come in to say "hey look Ythan and Krazy had a little exchange" with no comment on any activity in the entire game, I still see that as active lurking and more scummy than the AC/SE/Umbrage townpoke/townflail.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by Krazy »

EBWOP: "This is uninformative for those players, so perhaps indirectly bad for the town." --> "This is uninformative for
our read of
those players, so perhaps indirectly bad for the town."
vote conspiracy
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by Ythan »

Krazy, Umbrage is not being run up because of the hysterics.

Return to “Completed Open Games”