A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Benmage »

Raivann wrote:Wouldn't benmage have been the obv. player to watch last night?
Oh god... I'm sitting at my computer back from work about to read from my last post and saw this....

Well something to look forward to. (haventlookedwhoseclaimingwatcher)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Feysal »

Raivann [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2864274#p2864274]#1497[/url] wrote:Wouldn't Benmage have been the obv. player to watch last night?
I never even considered targeting him.

Last night I considered what kind of players I would be targeting. Would it be the townish ones, or the scummy ones, or the null reads? I decided against targeting a townish player, since the most likely outcome would be, except for learning nothing at all, was that the player had been killed and I would be no wiser. By targeting a scummy player I might learn of another investigative role, and I would be able to confirm their claim later. Then I thought about the null players, and decided that a smart investigator would not be checking the scummiest players by night, you're better off lynching them by day and reducing the number of null reads by focusing on those.

There were a number of null reads I considered after deciding I'd target one of them. The three most serious candidates were LynchMePls, Mikujin and Kast. I finally picked Kast pretty much at random. I had no read on him based on his day one play, and I hoped someone else would be interested in him. No one was.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Benmage »

Okay I had to LOOK!
Feysal wrote:
Raivann [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2864274#p2864274]#1497[/url] wrote:Wouldn't Benmage have been the obv. player to watch last night?
I never even considered targeting him.

Last night I considered what kind of players I would be targeting. Would it be the townish ones, or the scummy ones, or the null reads? I decided against targeting a townish player, since the most likely outcome would be, except for learning nothing at all,
was that the player had been killed and I would be no wiser.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
YOU wouLD'vE caught scum!!

Yeah I think Petyr would be scum in this game.

Watched Kast???
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Didn't Zoraster's first fake-claim involve Littlefinger?
zoraster wrote:CLAIM TIME

I'm Tommen Baratheon. I become king if Joffrey dies, but I'm not ready for that responsibility. I need to have Petyr Baelish killed. If Joffrey or I die before Petyr does, I lose. If Petyr is killed (whether by getting lynched or night killed) or if Joffrey doesn't die, I win with the Lannisters.

I was told who Petyr is (Locke Lamora), but I don't know who Joffrey is. I wasn't told LL's alignment, but I can only guess the reason I'd be given this role is because he's not-Lannister and possibly to protect a Joffrey claim.

My power is this: each night I can pick one person to set up a QT to chat with for the rest of the game.

That's it. I had hoped more pressure would come on LL today, but when I realized it wouldn't, I figured I'd scum hunt today, hope LL got killed tonight, and I could use my QT to try and possibly hook up with Joff.
Something fishy is going on here. When zoraster claimed this, I assumed that Littlefinger didn't exist in the setup at all. Unfortunately Feysal never posted between this fake claim and zoraster's death, so we don't have a reaction to go off of. We do have this reaction the following day:
Feysal wrote:Another day. I have little to say about how yesterday ended. I never really got why so many people found Zoraster scummier than Raivann, but after his claim it was obvious he was lying, and had to die.
Of course at this point we'd already had the lynch and it was already clear he was lying, so there is a giant ball of WIFOM around this.

Littlefinger makes a suspect fakeclaim, as the mods would be putting the scum with this fake name at a diservice (the town is going to be suspicious of Littlefinger name claim). Of course they played around with this in ACOK, such as making Sandor Clegane and Tyrion town.

Plus, if Littlefinger-voyeur is your claim, why would you be "unhappy if you were killed without a chance to claim". DOES NOT COMPUTE.

This claim doesn't seem right to me. It smells like scum. This lynch should happen.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by Benmage »

Meant to
vote Feysal
there

Damn. I was thinking of coming in to vote Zed too just to help incriminate TS if he flipped town...damn damn damn. (reading time :P )
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Benmage »

Ehh
unvote
let me read first... Gotta be logical here.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Raivann »

Shadow1psc wrote:
Locke Lamora wrote:Hey Shadow, have you thought about not being 'intimidated' and doing some scumhunting?
I've thought about it. Been reading. It's a lot of huge giant walls of text from people, which makes me think there is a lot of town fighting with town while scum lie low (yes I realize I'm guilty of 'lying low'). Perfect example is Thor escaping into obscurity, then only coming back with the occasional 'wah, still catching up... almost caught up... almost caught up...' (etc).
Scum can make walls of text too.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

Raivann wrote:
Shadow1psc wrote:
Locke Lamora wrote:Hey Shadow, have you thought about not being 'intimidated' and doing some scumhunting?
I've thought about it. Been reading. It's a lot of huge giant walls of text from people, which makes me think there is a lot of town fighting with town while scum lie low (yes I realize I'm guilty of 'lying low'). Perfect example is Thor escaping into obscurity, then only coming back with the occasional 'wah, still catching up... almost caught up... almost caught up...' (etc).
Scum can make walls of text too.
Absolutely, but it's easier to spot 'scum walls' (that are attacks, not defenses mind you) because they tend to have much less content/much more stretching.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by Feysal »

Setael [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2864373#p2864373]#1499[/url] wrote:So... why did you say you would be unhappy if you were killed without a chance to claim if you a) thought your claim would seem scummy and not in any way help prevent your lynch and b) you had no useful info that needed shared?
Basically because I
would
have been unhappy to be killed without claiming. Even if the claim was scummy, it would still be better than not to claim at all. As for useful information, it is probably useless to know that Kast was not targeted by anyone, but I do have the potential of confirming power claims by other people (DGB comes to mind immediately). Taking the chance of claiming and perhaps surviving to obtain useful information on later nights sure beats dying by a misplaced vig kill.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by Benmage »

Feysal not watching someone like me (probably targeted last night) screams of a fakeclaim.

Watcher role screams of a fakeclaim.

******Didn't Faraday say he didn't like the watcher role? SO in a game twice?!?! Doubtful. Fakeclaim? Probable.

KAST!?!?!? KAST!?!?! Jesus.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by Magua »

Benmage, learn to read the claim before you invoke the caps lawk and the ?!?!?!s.

The claim is "voyeur", not "watcher", which in this case seems to indicate he only knows if someone was targetted, not who did the targetting.

Feysal, do you learn the nature of the targetted action, or just that there was one or more actions that targetted someone?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Benmage »

Well I did unvote. Myb. (still reading)
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Feysal »

LynchMePls [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2864392#p2864392]#1503[/url] wrote:Didn't Zoraster's first fake-claim involve Littlefinger?
Yes it did. Why he did that I cannot know, nor am I responsible for his lies.
LynchMePls [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2864392#p2864392]#1503[/url] wrote:Plus, if Littlefinger-voyeur is your claim, why would you be "unhappy if you were killed without a chance to claim". DOES NOT COMPUTE.
If you think that all caps makes you any more convincing, you are sadly mistaken. Also, I already answered this, but I will require you to explain why it "does not compute". It is a power role after all. Do you think it would be better to die with it without claiming?
LynchMePls [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2864392#p2864392]#1503[/url] wrote:This claim doesn't seem right to me. It smells like scum. This lynch should happen.
Not that I did not anticipate this, I will also require you to explain why you have a problem with my claim. It seems that no matter what I say, you invariably consider it scummy, and never even consider that you could be wrong. And that, of course, is not pro-town play.
Magua [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2864503#p2864503]#1510[/url] wrote:Feysal, do you learn the nature of the targetted action, or just that there was one or more actions that targetted someone?
I don't know. What I wrote in #1498 is all I was told. I will be told if my target is targetted, but not by who, is all my role PM said. There was no mention of whether I'd be told what the actions were, or even how many there were.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by Raivann »

Petyr should be third party. Feysal sounds sincere enough though. Did Feysal switch his vote promptly after zorasters fakeclaim saying LL was Petyr?
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 2.21

Twilight Sparkle (2) Zdenek, Magua
Bunnylover (1) Ghostlin
Ghostlin (1) DTMaster
Thor665 (2) Shadow1psc, hasdgfas
Feysal (8) LynchMePls, Setael, Locke Lamora, Kast, xvart, Nexus, MagnaofIllusion, Raivann

Zdenek (5) Twilight Sparkle, Bunnylover, Feysal, Danakillsu, DrippingGoofball

Not voting (2) Thor665, Benmage

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch. No majority at deadline and there'll be no lynch.

Envoy to the Eyrie
[/u]

Bunnylover (9) MagnaofIllusion, LynchMePls, Nexus, hasdgfas, Setael, Locke Lamora, Kast, Danakillsu, xvart

Raivann (3) Bunnylover, Ghostlin, Feysal
Thor665 (4) Zdenek, Benmage, Twilight Sparkle, DrippingGoofball
Nexus (1) Raivann,
xvart (1) DTMaster
Twilight Sparkle (1) Magua

Not nominating (2) Shadow1psc, Thor665

With 21 alive it takes 11 to sent someone to the Eyrie

* Kast is on V/la.
* Any mistakes in the VC point them out
*The deadline can be found here.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Benmage »

Didn Petyr Mastermind Joffery's death.

Did that happen in this book, or the next?

I have a hard time seeing that claim be town...But the Hound was town last game...grrr
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Benmage »

Twilight Sparkle wrote:
Benmage wrote:Why would you ever kill a player softclaiming Twyin Lannister???
You advocate for Chess to be vigged here, well after his softclaiming of Twyin and softclaiming PR. Am I missing a subsequent change of position somewhere?
I was probably really frustrated when I listed Chess with his idiocy and MoI shenanigans. Or forgot about his not so subtle softclaim. I forget.
LynchMePls wrote:
Feysal wrote:You don't get to dictate who we're allowed to suspect and vote, or where we're allowed to hunt for scum.
Seeing as how the town GAVE HIM A GOVERNOR, I think he does in fact get to dictate who we're allowed to vote.
Boom. Lol.
LynchMePls wrote: diddin = SK kill is also certainly a possibility.
Yeah an SK possibly.

A town X-shot DayVig. And 2 town X-Shot Night Vig's?? Unfucking likely.

An SK? Certainly possible.
Kast wrote: Meanwhile, he's protected the two most suspected players and allowed them
free reign to continue playing as anti-town as possible without any repercussions
. Raivann and BunnyLover are so safe, they can directly press our claimed vigs for more role info, and even after being told to stop it, they still each pushed without any repercussions.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....
Kast wrote:You've added "direction" that's bogged down town and protected the two players that were pretty much universally recognized and admitted as the scummiest players in the entire day.
I dont think most would call Seteal the most scummiest. (Maybe just noobs and scum…which are you again?) You, yourself put him in as acceptable lynch but not preferred. Inconsistent? Trying to make me sound meaner than I am?
- Backfired?
xvart wrote: Like almost to the T.
Really...To A T.??? What do you disagree with?
Zdenek wrote: Benmage, what is an IDI?
The player I doubt it from aCoK.
Kast wrote: this has been stopped and the day drawn out to deadline as a direct result of BM's threats.
Yeah...Curse giving people away the opportunity to catch up in thread! ( :o :eek: )

Damn the LMPv Feysal Sparkle V Zed cases.... ANTITOWN!!! All of it!

Tomorrow No speaking! Just VOTING! (sarcasm :roll: )
DrippingGoofball wrote: I do sometimes pretend I'm a PR when I'm vanilla, most notably and hilariously, in ongoing game, so don't ask.
This game.

Feysal wrote: The only thing I can still say in my defense without repeating myself is who I am. However, I very much doubt my claim will help me any, in fact it is more likely to result in my quicklynch. Therefore I'll only claim when I am sufficiently prepared for death, which right now I am not.
Interesting.

.... I really have to read this TS wallage again? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Benmage »

Feysal
...not that it matters much, but what does your italicized statement in your role pm say? (if thats quoteable)
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by Feysal »

Considering the italicized part is apparently itself a quote from the book, I don't know why I'd have to paraphrase that.

I did warn you not to trust me, you know.

...is what it says.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

Without getting too heavy into meta, voyeur sounds like a role that maybe... Varys shoulda had, but I'd be willing to say Varys could also be tracker/any other sort of renamed variant.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

To elaborate on that, Petyr never seemed like the sneaking type, more the type to stab you in the back from the front, if you know what I mean.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Feysal wrote:...but I do have the potential of confirming power claims by other people (DGB comes to mind immediately).
Why would you waste your time with that? Watcher is for finding who targeted the NK victim.

I don't have a PR, someone chose me to get their result.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Raivann »

Shadow1psc wrote:To elaborate on that, Petyr never seemed like the sneaking type, more the type to stab you in the back from the front, if you know what I mean.
What books are you reading? Petyr is the master of the game of thrones.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

Raivann wrote:
Shadow1psc wrote:To elaborate on that, Petyr never seemed like the sneaking type, more the type to stab you in the back from the front, if you know what I mean.
What books are you reading? Petyr is the master of the game of thrones.
There's a difference between the phrase 'being sneaky' and the act of sneaking around physically. I would attribute the former to people like Petyr and Tyrion, the latter to Varys. Maybe I'm splitting hairs here.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Raivann »

MOD wrote: End of day votecount

Mikujin (3) Danakillsu, Locke Lamora, Thor665
xvart (1) DTMastere
Drippinggoofball (1) Mikujin
Raivann (5) Feysal, Zoraster, Bunnylover, xvart, Nexus
Zoraster (13) MagnaofIllusion, DrippingoofBall, Kast, LynchMePls, Raivann, Magua, Zdenek, Benmage,Ghostlin, Twilight Sparkle, diddin, chesskid3, Shadow1psc
Here's the end of D1 votecount. I looked back to see any Feysal posts after zoraster's fakeclaim. But alas Feysal was nowhere to be found.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”