Mini 1138 - Candy Zoo Mafia (Game Over!)

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Kalofer »

Note: I am writing this post up as I'm reading the current thread from start to finish, any problems you may have with it...DEAL WITH IT.

Quote number 1:
Twistedspoon wrote:if we're going to go into the psycology of smilies then yes, you could say I usually dissaprove of vote switching in RVS . You RVS for pressure - why would you destroy reasonless pressure on one person to push reasonless pressure on another?

anyone want to go RQS?
I think the answer to your first question is this: so that a person can latch onto that (in this case hopp) and from the miracle of the science of collision theory a series of serious posts based on more or less nothing can spring up, with player A (TS) and player B (hopp) clawing at each others throats (later to be joined by more players) and officially begin the game. From this big bang springs the universe of the mafia game and here we are now. (Call it Kalofer's creation theory, also if you don't know what collision theory is don't worry about it, this paragraph is mainly reasonless anyway).
In questioning your question I would like to ask if it's all reasonless, why did you make a big deal out of it? Furthermore, why such a negative view of RVS, why is it about pressure, and if you think so then why do you make it seem with that post like you're under pressure? To me ,RVS is the most fun part of the game, but then the boring old creation mechanic has to occur.

Quote number 2:
vezokpiraka wrote:I have enough reasons to believe that when town has a special mechanic and they don't use they end up losing.

For example: Mafia on Holy Orders. The town didn't bother too much with the mechanic and they ended up losing the game.

I game I played on another site: There was a mechanic that allowed people to connect to other people. Town was afraid that scum might do stuff to them if they connect and didn't try to connect to much. They ended up losing.

That's why I think mechanics should be exploited because it favors the town more than the scum.

Those are two examples you gave us with little elaboration, you don't know if that mechanic is biased in favour of scum or town, or do YOU? and are you trying to pass it off as a pro town thing to acheive your goals? Makes me suspicious.

Quote number 3:
vezokpiraka wrote:And I found a way to break the game open.

Do evil people want to know your goodies? Y/N

Just answer and say nothing more. Everyone has to do this.
Me no likey this, especially when coupled with one of your latest posts, where if I'm not mistaken you claim you don't know anything about the game (I'll come to that too just you wait)

Quote number 4:
mb53 wrote:I was going to vote vezo for suggesting a mass claim, but then I saw this
vezokpiraka wrote:And I found a way to break the game open.

Do evil people want to know your goodies? Y/N

Just answer and say nothing more. Everyone has to do this.
Yes. I see where you are going with this.

Vote: Morthas
, for basing his answer off of the example role PM, instead of his own (because he didn't get a town PM of his own.)
Can you please tell everyone where he is going with this or if not then keep your mouth shut and let him go on with it if you DO know and not tease us by saying you know where, but not telling us, that's scummy at least in my view it is. I want an answer.

Quote number 5:
Twistedspoon wrote:I assume mafia would want to know our ingredients. That's why we have a closed setup, no?

therefore it's bad that vezok suggested a mass claim

hoppster is acting all suspiciousy. He's accused me of rolefishing. It's hard to beat Vezok at that though. :roll:

anyways, It looks like hoppster might know too much for VT too.
I completely disagree here, hoppster made a valid point concerning you, yet I do not believe that particular point of his carries weight into making you look like scum and I don't like how you try to make it look as if everything hopp says is scummy, COS IT'S NOT, and that's why you are in the situation you are now. And furthermore your last point refers to the game mechanic and IMO as I stated before it is WIFOM to me and I will not comment on it. Yet I will comment that if you don't put your act together and think a bit more before you post you will get my vote simply because your irresponsibility is annoying me, while I do understand that you may have personal probs with hopp, it is not excuse to accuse him of being scum for the littlest things, or if it is going to be an excuse it's only going to be a good excuse if you support it with more argument/evidence/whatever.

Quote number 6:
mb53 wrote:Hoppster is trying very hard to sound town.

FoS

What consequence is there to answer whether bad guys want your goodies or not?
Why is he trying so hard to sound town town to you? His points make sense enough to me and don't seem anti town in any way, please expand your argument sil vous plait. And as far as I'm concerned at least he's trying, you're not as far as I can tell.

Quote 7:
mb53 wrote:Twistedspoon seems town to me >_>

Hoppster: Seriously. You can't just go around saying "AH BLAH BLAH ANSWERING THAT QUESTION IS SUPER SCUMMY, DON'T DO IT" and not explain WHY it is bad.
Oh I'm sorry did you explain where vezok's question is going? Hypocrite.

Quote 8:
mb53 wrote::roll:

You guys still aren't saying why it is bad to answer...
I
see no harm in it.
starting to piss me off now.

Quotes 9 + 10:
ToastyToast wrote:
mb53 wrote:Hoppster and Zyrconium= Scum buddies tunneling on someone (who isn't scummy)
Unvote, Vote: Hoppster
I think Zyrconium's last statement puts more evidence against him.
Zyrconium wrote:Anyway, everybody lynch TS now, it's already taken too long.
Right, because it hasn't even been a day since the game has started.
Unvote: Vote: Zycronium
mb53 wrote:
unvote, vote: Zycronium

Both scum, it does't matter who is lynched first.
OMG REALLY? Zyrc was only joking, I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it and that single statement is not enough to be lynched for a day, if your votes are serious though, can you at least say something more about why zerc is scummy.

Quote 11:
mb53 wrote:Who do you think is scum kalofer?
I'm answering that now actually.

Quote 12:
mb53 wrote:I think both of you are town.

Need some in-actives in here. Pretty please? =)
This post tells me you're either hiding more stupidity or intelligence than you're showing, and you better show what you're hiding quick, my patience is running out.

Quote 13:
Twistedspoon wrote:my vote is for pressure btw

It's working. You're driven by rage and no pro-town motivation whatsoever anymore.

once you had a small town read and now it's back to tunneling whilst hiding behind it and declaring your love for players who had a town read on you.
infuriating.
I'm only still here today because I want to ask vezok some more questions.
oh non mon ami, i belyv iz yu hu iz, hau yu se, driven by la rage, and I would like you to correct me if I'm wrong THIS INSTANT.

Quote 14:
Hazard with a Glove wrote:Jesus. $ pages in only a few hours?

Anyway

How is it not obvious that Twisted is Scum? At this point, his only defense against Hoppster is "OMG TUNNEL TUNNEL TUNEL COZ U SAID THAT U LUV ZYRC"

Vote: Twisted

And, I'm pretty sure mb is his scum buddy. He's probably backing off now that Twisted is getting himself into some serious shit.
Please participate more and then vote please, I hate it when people come in out of the blue, make only one valid point (ok it's valid but it's still only 1) and then disappear and if their votee is lynched it's like they never existed and are ignored as being on the bandwagon.

Quote 15:
Stels wrote:Also, although I don't really like to go too much into closed game mechanics at such an early stage, but has anyone noticed that there were 2 kills pre-game (even though they aren't actually players). I don't know general mafia team setups for mini-themes (2 mafia, or 1 large(r) mafia), but since there were 2 kills, it already suggests something...
oh really, and what does it suggest? Either make those suggestions now, expand your view or stfu cos I see it as being nothing more than flavour, and don't you mention this again unless you actually got something important to say.

Quote 16:
Twistedspoon wrote:reading this page you guys seem to want me to destroy the cases against me.
But flailing and defending myself is scummish.
Scumhunting is the best defence and hopefully I'll move onto hat soon.

Oh, and i've seen a pattern that scum are always going after the most active players in my games.
Curse my high posting rate.

anyways, I expect the real scum to be lurking so far, and will try and comment on this when more people get to posting
I knorite? scum hate people making fools of themselves and barely doing anything, they despise those people the most don't they, I mean they absolutely deteste them do they not, don't you agree that they are sickened by those people, furthermore don't you believe this paragraph of mine is saturated with sarcasm? EVERYONE MUST ANSWER Y/N NOW GOD DAMMIT!!!!

Quote 17:
vezokpiraka wrote:Oh. I see. I thought everyone had that thing and all the townies would have known why I was asking the question. Turns out I was wrong.

In this case I don't want a mass claim anymore and I don't want that question answered.
Well thanks for the wild goose chase/green caviar hunt, what are you planning on doing now that your brilliant scheme got burnt down and you tell us so much time after?

Quote 18"
mb53 wrote:Well, I saw what you saw vezo.

Who do you think is scum?

Please join us lurkers

I keep wanting to call out lurkers, then realize that its only been 1 day, so its not really considered lurking :3
Well did you really now?, good job on basing so much suspicion and some votes if I'm not mistaken about something that's been proven to be wrong now, great job.

Quote 19:
Twistedspoon wrote:like i say, I don't see the point in defending myself 5 pages in but to keep you guys happy, I'll say that scum would never be as active as me, I wasn't rolefishing, and my pro-townness outweighs my anti-towness

That's as far as I'll go on defending myself for now. I don't have time to talk about the only confirmed townie I know of in the game (me), when there are 12 other players who could be scum for all I know.

@Vezok: true, but I scumhunt better than i defend, and that's what I prefer to do 5 pages into the game. Defending myself at this point is just silly and only scum usually want to waste time by getting players to do this.
You've so far been focusing mainly on one person with the reason (I'm guessing) being that he pwnd you in a previous game and have THE NERVE to announce how town you've been after filling the thread with so many posts 80% of which are more or less useless?!?!?!?! I feel offended.
THE HELL you better start defending and explaining myself before I personally hang you for pure annoyance, frankly I'm starting to care less and less if you're scum right now and I don't care how scummy that makes me sound. I don't give a damn how scummy it is to defend yourself it's not like you're being particularly useful scumhunting anyone except hopp and anyone who slightly agrees with him anyway.

Quote 20
Twistedspoon wrote:If i was scum I'd be
a lot
less active and be defending myself
a lot
more.

How can i scumhunt when you guys are at my necks?

Once you stop tunneling, you'll see which direction we need to head in.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, now you're not scumhunting simply because we're "at your necks" just after you said you'd much rather be scumhunting than defending yourself and...wait a minute...when did you ever scumhunt? Seriously, is your little brother sabotaging your account or are you doing this on purpose?
Please, TwistedSpoon, redeem yourself, you can win back your honour, please just do something...rational, you'll get my support at least, but just stop whatever it is you are doing now PLEASE.

I will give conclusions when what I consider to be my most important questions in this post are answered, until then

VOTE: TwistedSpoon

since despite everything, I simply cannot resist.
MB and vez, you're next.
Praemonitus, Praemunitus.

Trying to perfect the art of not giving a ****
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:35 am

Post by mb53 »

TS is getting scummier by the post >_>
twisted wrote:If i was scum I'd be a lot less active and be defending myself a lot more.
WIFOM.

Good morthas post. That is
town
wagoning, while zyr is
scum
wagoning.

P-Edit: Shit big post. I want to throw this post out now, I'll read your post in a second.
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

I knew I should have gone with inventor mafia >_>

I guess I'll have to claim before the next person votes
Kalofer wrote: oh non mon ami, i belyv iz yu hu iz, hau yu se, driven by la rage, and I would like you to correct me if I'm wrong THIS INSTANT.
corrected

don't assume that i didn't consider you guys would see it as OMGUS. 'Twas for pressure which hoppster responded to.
Kalofer wrote:You've so far been focusing mainly on one person with the reason (I'm guessing) being that he pwnd you in a previous game
I have never played with hoppster at mafia before. I'm not sure where you got this idea from. I've already had one player making a personal judgement of my mafia history :P
Kalofer wrote: Please, TwistedSpoon, redeem yourself, you can win back your honour, please just do something...rational, you'll get my support at least, but just stop whatever it is you are doing now PLEASE.
will do

anyways, If anyone else declares an intention to place a vote on me, then say so, and I'll claim
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Morthas »

vezokpiraka wrote:
Morthas wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:Zyrc, editing quotes or misquoting is really scummy
Also, answering questions directed at other players is scummy too. It was addressed to vezok, not you.
And, I don't think you know enough about me to judge me as a player.
Um, no.
This is scummy. Morthas moved to my scum list now. i love it when scum get to cocky and think they can say anything to the suspect.
How is it scummy 0.o?
If you want to know what i meant by my ''Um,no'' it is
(1)I don't find the way Zyrc misquoted in any way scummy
2)My question was out of confusion, nothing i needed vezok to answer so no, not scummy) <--- for short ''Um, no"

P-Edit 1&2: Don't claim just yet, we haven't heard from at least 3 players in a while
Capitalism, ho
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Hoppster »

1) Twisted, your actions just aren't matching up with what you're saying.

You say you can't scum hunt and defend: you're doing neither adequately. You're not using your vote at all in your random accusations and your 'defence' of yourself consists of 0 valid points.

You call people scummy, and then don't vote for them.

You insist lurkers are probably scum, and then don't vote for them.

Twistedspoon wrote:Oh, and i've seen a pattern that scum are always going after the most active players in my games.
Curse my high posting rate.

anyways, I expect the real scum to be lurking so far, and will try and comment on this when more people get to posting
2) Uh-huh... so this pattern says scum are going after active players (ie. yourself). Oh, wait, scum are the lurkers (who in their absence aren't at your throat)? Which of the two are scum?

Twistedspoon wrote:and talk about wagoning.

Is no-one here going to talk about any other suspects, or are we going to let the mafia lurk and walk free?
3) Umm, WHY DON'T
YOU
?

4) If the mafia are lurkers, WHY AREN'T YOU VOTING FOR THEM? YOU SEEM TO BE AN EXPERT ON PRESSURE VOTES, IT'D HELP US POOR MIS-GUIDED TUNNELLERS TO FIND SCUM.

Twistedspoon wrote:Zyrc, editing quotes or misquoting is really scummy

Also, answering questions directed at other players is scummy too. It was addressed to vezok, not you.

And, I don't think you know enough about me to judge me as a player.
I'm actually with Morthas here.

5) He's not 'misquoting' you. He's making a point (albeit not as clear as he could have) that a lot of your recents posts are just "WAI YOU GUYZ VOTING ME I SO ACTIVE!"

6) Answering questions directed at other players is scummy HOW?

Numbered all my points for you so it's easier for you to respond and for me to point out questions/points unanswered.

Preview Edit:
Twistedspoon is at L-1.

Preview Edit 2: DARN, NINJA'D.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:49 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Morthas wrote: P-Edit 1&2: Don't claim just yet, we haven't heard from at least 3 players in a while
I won't claim just now

but if anyone hammers before I claim then they're day 2's lynch

Ninja'd

~Screwtape
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:50 am

Post by mb53 »

Kolafer wrote:Can you please tell everyone where he is going with this or if not then keep your mouth shut and let him go on with it if you DO know and not tease us by saying you know where, but not telling us, that's scummy at least in my view it is. I want an answer.
It is
really
hard to explain without quoting role PMs.

The hoppster is scum trying to sound town post: mostly gut. Besides, I'm past that, and said I have a tow read on him now.
Kol wrote:OMG REALLY? Zyrc was only joking, I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it and that single statement is not enough to be lynched for a day, if your votes are serious though, can you at least say something more about why zerc is scummy.
Already have. He is sheeping hoppster, without giving any reasons of his own, and then calling for an immediate lynch (90% sure he was serious).

Quote 12:
This post tells me you're either hiding more stupidity or intelligence than you're showing, and you better show what you're hiding quick, my patience is running out.
What the fuck are you talking about.
Well did you really now?, good job on basing so much suspicion and some votes if I'm not mistaken about something that's been proven to be wrong now, great job.
I repeat. What the fuck are you talking about.

P-Edit: Don't claim / nobody hammer. There is at least 1 person who has only posted once >_>

Stop ninja-ing me!

Again?
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

@Hoppster:

let's go

1) I've been too busy defending myself to vote. That and I forgot. That and there are too many lurkers too choose between. That and it's only day 2.
4 reasons there

2) both. scum rarely have the same activity levels silly

3) see 1

4) see 3 (which is see 1)

5) he quoted me, and i never said it. That's misquoting

6) scum like to put words into people's mouths to hide the truth and exert their opinions

~Screwtape
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:56 am

Post by Kalofer »

Twistedspoon wrote:I knew I should have gone with inventor mafia >_>

I guess I'll have to claim before the next person votes
Kalofer wrote: oh non mon ami, i belyv iz yu hu iz, hau yu se, driven by la rage, and I would like you to correct me if I'm wrong THIS INSTANT.
corrected

don't assume that i didn't consider you guys would see it as OMGUS. 'Twas for pressure which hoppster responded to.
Kalofer wrote:You've so far been focusing mainly on one person with the reason (I'm guessing) being that he pwnd you in a previous game
I have never played with hoppster at mafia before. I'm not sure where you got this idea from. I've already had one player making a personal judgement of my mafia history :P
Kalofer wrote: Please, TwistedSpoon, redeem yourself, you can win back your honour, please just do something...rational, you'll get my support at least, but just stop whatever it is you are doing now PLEASE.
will do

anyways, If anyone else declares an intention to place a vote on me, then say so, and I'll claim
This was the post I was looking for in deciding whether to ultimately lynch you or not. Since you claim you don't know hopp and you confirm that you thought he was raging after I said it's prob you, then that means you have absolutely no excuse whatsoever in your persistent focusing on hopp and even the starting jokey RVS insults and as such to me you are clear of all manner of town newbie excuses possible, you are either scum, or if you're not, then you're an incompetent townie (in my opinion). The only question that remains is why did you focus on hopp so much then? If you're scum I'll get my answer if you're not well then...meh I won't care, I prob know anyway.
Praemonitus, Praemunitus.

Trying to perfect the art of not giving a ****
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

beacuse i found hopp's early actions scummy

why else?

~Screwtape
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Hoppster »

Actually, to be fair to Twistedspoon, we do converse over PM and have been for a fair while now (nothing game related of course...).

And we have played together in a couple of marathon games. One he was a jester (and got lynched), the other I totally pwned him in Dethy (as far as is possible).

@ Twistedspoon:

1) You can vote now. If there are too many lurkers to choose between, why keep bringing them up with "OH I BET THEY'RE SCUM"? (Also, what you call defending yourself =/= defending yourself.)

2) Essentially then, you're saying that everybody is possible scum?

3) This is different to 1. 1 is about voting. This is about talking about other people. I really struggle to believe that you are suggesting we attack other people and then 'forget' to attack them yourself. In this point, you're also not referring to SOLELY lurkers.

4) See 1, but not 3, as they are different.

5) Dodged the brunt of the point here, about your defence being 'I'm so active!'. I see what you mean with the misquote point, but, really, quote tags are just like speech marks. When I go "PLZ STOP ATTACKING ME I'M SO ACTIVE" in reference to you, I don't mean that you said it, but I mean that you're effectively saying it.

6) Not in all cases. If it's a factual thing (as it was in this case), then it's not an opinion you're forcing on people. It's a fact, which would be the answer to the question.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Hoppster wrote:Actually, to be fair to Twistedspoon, we do converse over PM and have been for a fair while now (nothing game related of course...).
I strongly discourage anyone from doing the same. The conversations we have are more like worship ceremonies to hoppster :igmeou:

@Hopp: 1) I can and will shortly, when I have had the chance to review and I hear from a few players again

2)
Of course everyone is possible scum

what kind of question is that?

3) ?
4) ?
5) so what's the question then? :roll:
6) why answer a question directed at someone else? It's scummish

~Screwtape
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Hoppster »

I accept no responsibility for being awesome.

1) Kay. This point does not require further answering.

2) You're admitting to making fluff posts then, or posts where you try and look like you're contributing by narrowing down suspects when you're really not. The posts where you accuse people of being scum you've now just admitted are accusing everybody of being scum, so really, you're not scumhunting in the losest definition of the word, you're just going "HE COULD BE SCUM, BUT DON'T FORGET THIS GUY TOO!!!11!"

3)
Hoppster wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:and talk about wagoning.

Is no-one here going to
talk
about any other suspects, or are we going to let the mafia lurk and walk free?
3) Umm, WHY DON'T
YOU
?
Talking about suspects =/= voting for suspects. You're either trying to get other people to do the work for you or just simply shift people's suspicions of you onto other people. Your defence for not voting people won't cut it for not talking about other people. There are lots of people to talk about, doesn't have to be lurkers (indeed, would make more sense not to be lurkers), and you brought up the point so there's no 'I forgot' excuse.

4) This number has outlived it's usefulness. This point does not need further answering.

5) Your defence is essentially just "I AM SO ACTIVE SO I CAN'T BE SCUM", Y/N?

6) The person who asks the question gets their answer back faster. I really don't see
anything
bad about answer questions that are solely to do with facts rather than interpretation. You're not giving a reason for it being bad, you're just saying "ITZ SCUMMEH".
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Hoppster wrote:I accept no responsibility for being awesome.
This is exactly what I'm talking about >_>

2) No

everyone is possible scum, just some seem more likely than others

3) talking leads to voting, or reasons why not to vote. Both are good as the town learn how to use thier biggest weapon better

5) sure, why not. I'll bet one of the scum is a lurker; I just don't know how many and which ones

6) scum could give the wrong answer. It's safer just to let the intended answerer answer

~Screwtape
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Hoppster »

2) Why wasn't this your initial response to my question, "Essentially then, you're saying that everybody is possible scum"? I'll admit my interpretation was possibly incorrect, but if your point was 'lurkers + people attacking me are more likely scum', then my question would make no sense in the context. Essentially, you
weren't
saying everybody is possible scum - that wasn't your point. Logically, when presented with an incorrect interpretation of your point, you don't agree with it (although you may agree with the misinterpreted point), you correct it to what your point actually was (perhaps adding that you believe the misinterpretation to be true as well).

3) Yes, my point is WHY DIDN'T
YOU
START THE TALKING? Paticularly as you believe it to be so good/pro-town.

5) Do you seriously expect people to buy your activity level as an excuse for not being scum? That it is a automatic defence against any mistakes? If that were the case, then everybody would be active, and then nobody would be scum!

6) Scum could give the wrong answer. Town could give the wrong answer. Still don't see why it's scummy.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

2) lolwut? we're on the wrong wavelength here

3) see 1

5)no, It is just one reason of many (i think 4 i cited). Alone it is useless, but alongside my other reasons it hold water

6) scum might want to give the wrong answer

~Screwtape
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:06 am

Post by mb53 »

I will repeat myself.

Saying you aren't scum because you are active is WIFOM. Therefor, pointless.

Answering questions for other people is not good. Maybe scummy, maybe not, but you shouldn't do it.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

mb53 wrote: Saying you aren't scum because you are active is WIFOM. Therefor, pointless.
well scum would never do it, or they'd be in the position I'm in right now :/

anyways, that wasn't the biggest point of my argument. Probably the weakest actually.

~Screwtape
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Hoppster »

This is like banging my head against a brick wall.

2) In short: you admitted your point was that everybody is possible scum. You then denied it.

3)
Twistedspoon wrote:1) I've been too busy defending myself to vote. That and I forgot. That and there are too many lurkers too choose between. That and it's only day 2.
4 reasons there
THOSE REASONS DON'T QUITE CUT IT FOR NOT STARTING DISCUSSION.

a) Too busy defending yourself to vote, but not too busy to bring up discussing other people as a self-defence?
b) You didn't forget, you brought it up.
c) It would make logically less sense for discussion to be around lurkers anyway, so that's not an issue.
d) You brought it up, you wanted people to talk about other suspects. Wasn't too early for you to want other people to do it, why is it too early for you? Here's what you said in case you've forgotten:
Twistedspoon wrote:is no-one here going to talk about any other suspects

5) No it doesn't.
Twistedspoon wrote:like i say, I don't see the point in defending myself 5 pages in but to keep you guys happy, I'll say that scum would never be as active as me, I wasn't rolefishing, and my pro-townness outweighs my anti-towness
None of those hold any weight whatsoever.

6) You're over-estimating the effect answering a question incorrectly has on town. It's not like "OH WAIT HE SAID 2+2=5 NOW I CAN SELF-HAMMER LALALA". It's simply a matter for one person having to correct another. But, whatever. I'm getting nowhere, so I'll drop this point.

You're either playing dumb or just simply unable to grasp what I'm getting at. Maybe I'm being dumb myself, I'll wait for other people to input.

Also, some people are going to have to catch up on 6+ pages. I don't want them to have to wade through a page of us going in circles. >.<

Preview Edit: TWISTEDSPOON, THAT POST IS EXACTLY WHAT WIFOM IS. Gah.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Hoppster wrote: 2) In short: you admitted your point was that everybody is possible scum. You then denied it.
I never ruled any player out from being possible scum, except for maybe myself, I'm the only townie I know of

3) since when was I anti-discussion?

5) you've got the wrong quote there hoppster, not that you could justify your counter against it

6) cool story bro

anyways, now that I've answered your 6 points your case has vanished, or at least been diluted with the cordial of justice

7)so? How many times have scum been as active as me? And yes, I know that sounds WIFOMish.
Like i said, it's one of my weaker points

~Screwtape
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:23 am

Post by mb53 »

What are your stronger points?
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

actually, not much that can't be put down to WIFOM or some other form of scum trickery, in all honesty.
I won't flail and this point
I just wanted to hear from vezok at the start, but got barraged by my wagon

anyawys, I feel like my claim is becoming inevitable, but I've gtg for today.

No-one hammer whilst I'm gone

~Screwtape
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Hoppster »

2) That's not my point. You admitted that your point was just 'A: everybody could be scum', then when I pointed out this was fluff, you changed it to 'B: everybody could be scum but some are more likely to be scum'. This was probably due in part to my initially incorrect interpretation (A), but then my point is why didn't you correct it (to B)?

3) FFS THAT'S NOT MY POINT. I'M POINTING OUT THE HYPOCRISY/SCUMMINESS IN YOU WANTING OTHER PEOPLE TO TALK ABOUT OTHER SUSPECTS, WHILE YOU, A SUSPECT, DO NO SUCH THING YOURSELF. This seems totally like scum diverting suspicion from themselves onto other people.

5) I didn't counter it because I thought it was obvious.

[a] WIFOM on whether scum would be active. Not a defence.
You weren't rolefishing? If you genuinely think that's a defence, you need to think about all your attacks and actions. I don't deserve to be voted. I have stated that, and obviously, because I've stated it, it must be true. Please unvote me now, kthx. Also, I am awesome. I've stated it, it must be true. You were rolefishing. OH WAIT PARADOX OH NOES.
[c] Pro-towness outweighing anti-towness? See

6) Hah, you're funny. (Notice the sarcasm.) BTW, this =/= my case. This is part of my case. I also find it amusing that you think you've answered all 6 points to a satisfactory degree.
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Morthas »

Hoppster wrote:This is like banging my head against a brick wall.
Well that means it will be all the more satisfying when you make a hole.... right?
TS wrote:7)so? How many times have scum been as active as me? And yes, I know that sounds WIFOMish.
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15188 <-- A finished game where i played and the scum could be found to be posting alot (also the posting alot thing came up too, at some point)

(never linked to a game before so i hope it's according to the rules~)
Capitalism, ho
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:19 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

fair enough

you learn something new everyday

but in this game I'm not the scum