Newbie 1076: Day Three

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:34 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

We are united, coordinated, one. You have already been divided for our convenience, so now all we must do is snap you like the twigs you represent. There is no hope.

Votecount 1-4:

DarkFlashlight (0) -
Otolia (1) - DarlaBlueEyes,
Common Man (1) - DarkFlashlight,
Spikkle (0) -
Kagetora (1)- Spikkle,
Sondanaa (1) - chkflip,
Sakako (0) -
DarlaBlueEyes (0) -
chkflip (0) -
Not Voting (3): Otolia, Sondanaa, Sakako
No Lynch (2): Kagetora, Common Man

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

**Announcement: Otolia will be gone from March 15 - March 24. During this time, he will be replaced by GreyICE. He will return to his original slot once he returns.**
Last edited by Nachomamma8 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Otolia »

@ Nacho :
I did only used the thing so it wasn't on purpose. Could you please make my text looks different from the rest so that people know it's something that don't concern my play in itself.

Sure!
~Nacho
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:57 am

Post by chkflip »

Sorry, been busy studying for an exam. Now I've got a funeral to go to. I'll shoot my opinion on the last eight pages when I get back (both home and into the right mind space).
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
DarkFlashlight
DarkFlashlight
Goon
DarkFlashlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:54 am

Post by DarkFlashlight »

Common Man wrote:If im alive tomorrow, please dont judge me as scummy when i vote out of the thin air. I have my reason and would love to share if you want to know.
Eleven posts prior I wrote:Implying that you're hiding something is always a bad idea. If I thought you actually were protecting yourself and not just being confused, you'd get my vote right now.
In this case you can change the second sentence to, "If I wasn't already voting you, I would be now."

Don't say, "I have a super secret plan, but I'm only gonna tell you if you ask." If you don't tell us, you're gonna get killed by the Maf tonight. Hell, if you do tell us, you still might.

In other words, tell us.
Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Sakako »

Common Man wrote:If im alive tomorrow, please dont judge me as scummy when i vote out of the thin air. I have my reason and would love to share if you want to know.
Dude. Didn't I just say the exact same thing was bad to Otolia? What the...

Vote: Common Man
Common Man
Common Man
Townie
Common Man
Townie
Townie
Location: At the one place next to that one thing with thous people around it doing that thing everyday.

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Common Man »

You did? My bad Sakako and DF. I need to stop typeing and reading so fast. I always had the problem of doing things to fast.
"
"Common Sense"
is not so common actually.
I've met many men and women who
barely had enough sense to pay for a piece of gum.
The few that do have it are the ones who make something great of their lifes.
So i take it as a great complement to be called a
"Common Man"
"
DarkFlashlight
DarkFlashlight
Goon
DarkFlashlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by DarkFlashlight »

...did you seriously just do that? You apologized for not listening to us when we said revealing you have a secret plan is bad...but you still don't share it?
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

scummy is as scummy does.

vote CMan

Are you going to elaborate or just continue beating around the bush, sir?
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Common Man
Common Man
Townie
Common Man
Townie
Townie
Location: At the one place next to that one thing with thous people around it doing that thing everyday.

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by Common Man »

VOTE: Commonman

Hey give me a break, i just started. Truth is all i said is a whole lot of nothing. I didnt use any stupid tree diagram and bla bla bla. No great plan. Vote me if you like, i would to after all i just said. Like DBE said. "scummy is as scummy does".
"
"Common Sense"
"Common Man"
"
Kagetora
Kagetora
Townie
Kagetora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Kagetora »

CM get your vote off yourself, you just put yourself at L1. If he gets lynched for this, you'll just further promote my idea of no lynching D1.
Ratio of Day 1 Mislynches: 1/1
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Did he just claim scum?? o.O
Show
you done goofed.

Common Man
Common Man
Townie
Common Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:55 pm

Post by Common Man »

UNVOTE: Commonman

^^" he he oh wow what was i thinking last night.
"
"Common Sense"
"Common Man"
"
Spikkle
Spikkle
Townie
Spikkle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:27 am

Post by Spikkle »

Unless I'm very much mistaken I got the vibe of 'go ahead and vote for me' from CM, which normally I'd take as a throe of scummy desperation, but of course, there's this wine, it's in front of me, and I'm not entirely sure why.

So I'm not entirely convinced by the CM bandwagon yet, though if we get close to the deadline and a nolynch is going to happen, I'd be willing to vote for him just to get SOME fairly concrete information on D1.
Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:38 am

Post by Sakako »

The problem I have with CM is that he's playing very erratically. I'm not sure that anyone (in their right mind or no) would knowingly put themselves at L-1. Especially not newbie scum - they're much more likely to push the attention onto someone else. So... I'm not entirely sure what to make of the whole self-vote thing, just yet.

That fact isn't enough to douse my suspicions though.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

There is a sudden cry in the midst of all of your debate that silences you for a moment, and causes you to turn your head in surprise. You crowd around the fallen person, concerned. One of you even crouches down next to the body, whispering "Sondanaa, are you okay?".

Sondanaa gets up without a word, looking around the room. "Don't call me that anymore. I'm a new man now."

People look confused for a moment, and whispers of insanity spread throughout the group like wildfire. Sondanaa shakes his head. "I will be known as
Olinea
now. And if you schoolchildren are done gossiping, I believe we have some mafia to catch."

As of this post, Olinea replaces Sondanaa! Try not to chase this one away! ;)
Last edited by Nachomamma8 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Olinea »

Well, I see my predecessor did a bang-up job of... confirming.

A warm welcome to all. I've played with DarkFlashlight, and know him from offsite, modded a game of Kagetora's (which ended about 10 minutes ago, too), and played some marathon with DarlaBlueEyes. Looking forward to a good game with you all!

First impressions:
~Common Man's self-vote looks like
bad
AtE. There was absolutely no reason to do that, and frankly it comes across as an attempt to buy "non-mafia" credit, because like hell that'll buy you town cred.
~Kagetora is playing to a town meta, IMO. Never seen him as scum, but if he were scum I think he'd be
much
more inclined to appeal to the general view of "no lynching is bad" in order to avoid confrontation. He sticks to his guns, which is good.
~More later. I've got a lab report due tomorrow, but I can try to get a quick re-read in there since it's only 4 pages long.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:28 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Welcome welcome Oli! It will be fun to play with you outside of the whole Marathon rush lol.

I really do not like CM, and agree with Oli saying it was a bad bad appeal to emotion. Seems to me like noob scum who got caught, got upset, and didn't have the experience to know how to handle it clamly. He may have hoped a self vote would make him look less scummy, when it made him look more to me, and as for the L-1 thing I reckon he didn't know that he was making the 4th vote.

I am quite fond of this lynch right now, but I do want to hear more from Oli first
Show
you done goofed.

DarkFlashlight
DarkFlashlight
Goon
DarkFlashlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by DarkFlashlight »

Honestly, the self-vote was far less incriminating than admitting he had no secret. It seems like a convenient way to say, "Don't lynch me, I'm gonna be useful later." Being Maf, he wouldn't need to worry about dying at night. It's a ticket to safety.

My other point falls on something that I don't know, since this is my first game on this site. Can scum use their QT during the day, or only at night? I thought I remembered something near the OP about how Maf had 48 hours to converse pre-game, then had to be quiet, but it's not there anymore, so I can't confirm.

ANYWAY, where I'm going with that is, if they can talk now, then it's very possibly a setup. The other Maf could've said to do the awfulness of that self-vote, so that they could point it out and seem heroic. If they can't talk during the day, then this is a null point.
Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by Sakako »

Mafia can't usually talk during the day, DFL. At least not in the F11 games that I've played.

Sakako is correct. In this forum, the mafia are never able to daytalk.
~Nacho
Last edited by Nachomamma8 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kagetora
Kagetora
Townie
Kagetora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by Kagetora »

Hey Olinea, that last game was definitely interesting. Nice flavor btw.

I'm of the opinion self-voting isn't inherently scummy. More a sign of defeatism, regardless of which side you're on, or in some cases an effort to prove a point. I know at least Olinea will know what I mean by this by what I played last game where my self-vote came out of "I'm not lying, these guys are, and here's the proof."

I'm a little concerned about his unvote however. It can be equally viewed as town and scum realizing they made a stupid move, and if I didn't think he's just being weird I would have hammered him. My gut feeling is town, although I do agree he should play more straightforwardly.
Ratio of Day 1 Mislynches: 1/1
Common Man
Common Man
Townie
Common Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by Common Man »

Well it seems like i made some horrible first impressions and it doesnt look like i can fix them any time soon. Every word or action i do just seems to get twisted around and used against me. Honestly im afraid to talk anymore (which i probably should just shut up for awhile but my big mouth still want to talk).

Already i seem to have become the most hated person here. Right now mafia is high fiveing them selves that i have took the attention off of them. They could easily join the "Lets Kill CM" club with out anyone suspecting them as being scummy for doing it.
"
"Common Sense"
"Common Man"
"
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

CM - being defeatist, while sometimes it seems the only option when you're on the chopping block, is not going to do you or anyone else any good. If you can't explain yourself any better, then start scum hunting.

By the last of your post are you saying you don't think there is already scum on your wagon? Who do you think could be scum so far?
Show
you done goofed.

Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by Olinea »

Common Man wrote:UNVOTE: Commonman

^^" he he oh wow what was i thinking last night.
This would indicate some sort of drunk posting, but the lack of an explanation afterwards pretty much screams "IT'S A RUSE".

Common Man, early pressure sucks. Believe me, I've been through it. But if there's a case on you, one of the worst possible things you can do is consciously acknowledge that people find you suspicious, and then fail to address any points made on you. AtE is not a defense because it does
not
account for what you've done in-game. You're being accused because you self-voted, presumably under the pretenses that you were resigned to being speedlynched when you had literally 3 votes on you, you claim that you'll always hold your reads to yourself, which equates to active lurking, and now you're either completely giving up on Page 4 or trying to AtE yourself out of a lynch. You are not going to be lynched on Page 4. Even if you're Town, and both scum are on your wagon, that requires 3 townies to decide that you are a fantastic lynch choice after 4 pages of discussion. Kagetora vehemently supports No Lynch, and assuming you don't self-vote, that requires 60% of the town to say "yup, no need for further discussion" and string you up. Assuming you're scum, it still requires 60% of the town (assuming bussing). I would hope that none of us would, given the chance, lynch you on the spot. There is still a
ton
of room for discussion today, and if you're Town then you'd better start acting like it.

Concerning Otolia's "free speech" comment, I saw that as a joke. Sakako notably called it "scummy", which I'm curious to hear the reasoning behind. Everybody else was confused but why did you, Sakako, decide there was scum motivation in saying that?

Darkie is coming out of the gate and looking town right now.

Darla, you say you're fond of a Common Man lynch right now. Let's say the mod gives you a daykill. Would you shoot Common Man in your very next post?
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Probably not. While i do liike his lynch and find him to be the first hint of scum today, I still want more discussion and activity from him. IF however he continued to play with the AtE, and the defeatest happy-to-die attitude I would, yes. I always find that scummy and even if the person is town, it's equally damaging to the town as scum are in many cases. Especially around LyLo.
Show
you done goofed.

DarkFlashlight
DarkFlashlight
Goon
DarkFlashlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by DarkFlashlight »

Common's situation gets worse with every post. He never actually addresses any of the concerns that are putting him on edge. I know being one against the rest sucks, but you're not combating it very well. To help guide you, and to hopefully make this matter more black and white:

1. Why did you lie about having a plan?

2. Why did you self-vote?

3. Did you realize how close to hammer it was?

4. Why did you unvote?

5. Why did you throw in the following quote instead of defending yourself?
Common Man wrote:Right now mafia is high fiveing them selves that i have took the attention off of them. They could easily join the "Lets Kill CM" club with out anyone suspecting them as being scummy for doing it.

I wanna see chk's take on the matter, he is the IC.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”