neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by neil1113 »

Nacho, from your answer to #4 it sounds like you're approaching it with a closed mind. Don't do that, as it shuts down your ideas for options outside of those two. Tunneling doesn't benefit us as town.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

neil1113 wrote:Nacho, from your answer to #4 it sounds like you're approaching it with a closed mind. Don't do that, as it shuts down your ideas for options outside of those two. Tunneling doesn't benefit us as town.
Neil, your aversion to answering my questions is noted.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by Pine »

I'm a little lurky in part because I'm genuinely busy this weekend, but also because I've played with Nacho before and I know how good he is. I have a solid, iron-clad scum-read on pappums rat, and I'm concerned that someone as skilled as Nacho will be able to manipulate the uncertain nature of the late phase of D1 to worm out of it.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Do you agree with Nacho's points against me, Pine?
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

EBWOP: If yes, would you consider lynching me instead?

If no, why?

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by Pine »

Considering that I think Nacho is scum trying to weasel his way out of a lynch, I'm taking every word he says with a bucket of salt.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:28 pm

Post by chkflip »

tl;dr intro - I'm of the opinion that pappum's rat-gambit worked successfully, and here's why:

From the first reaction onward, Voidedscum has been over-defensive. There's a difference between town trying to disprove a gambit and scum freaking out; it doesn't look like the former to me, therefore, voidedscum is freaking out. See also:

VM backtracks, theorizes, and deflects all in a way that doesn't seem town motivated to me. At all. Backtracking, okay, maybe somebody misinterpreted some ambiguity; his first question and his "VERY suspicious" feelings are completely OMGUS and sound like someone trying to do anything to make pappum's the one in the hotseat.

This would only make sense if you didn't actually bring attention to yourself repeatedly... but you did. (see also: previously linked posts) It looks to me like P. Ratty looked at a person who had some anti-town tendencies and took a calculated risk. Risk worked, one question. UMADBRO?

AtE will not give you my pity, nor will it make me think you're any more town than I already think you aren't. No further attempts to try to reiterate your stance? No scumhunting? Nothing. Just -_- and we're supposed to believe this fakeclaim? inb4 "ah guys, I was roleblocked."

VOTE: Voidedmafia
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:04 am

Post by mikemike778 »

mikemike778 wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:well i remember when you played scum in my game everyone thought you were protown and glorious because you give analysis but you don't step on toes.
and here everyone hates you, you're not jumping on the easier wagons that they're begging you to, and you're not jumping on the easy target but obvtown, you're pissing people off, and you're bitchin about me lurking.

That's a town having fits if i ever heard one.
:)

which game ? link ?
Still waiting ...

Not buying the Voided wagon yet. Maybe WIFOM but I don't see a scum with a guilty claiming Neighbour/izer. If he was scum, he would probs assume the claim was legit - if he was going to fake claim why fake claim a relatively minor role as opposed to a Doc or Normal Cop to try and draw them out. After all, without Rat's revelation Voided would have been lynched fairly quickly.

Keeping my vote on Fitz as not much has changed in my mind with Ces and Pine still alternatives.
P.T. Barnum wrote:If there's renewed interest in a voided wagon I'm totally up for that. I particularly like his recent appeal to newbieness- that's a last resort if I've ever heard one. The neighbor-neighborizor bit, as I've said and said, would be enough to lynch him.
Besides, the deadline's been extended.
Unvote
Vote: voided
If the neighbor-neighborizor thing was enough to lynch him on its own as you've said and said then why vote for Andrew here ? Seems a very woolly vote really - very difficult to get anything of a read on him, can't see many getting much more than a neutral.
P.T. Barnum wrote:Pine:
1. Is Xalxe's replacement.
2. He claims there is "no protown reason" for pappum's gambit. Really, Pine? No pro-town reason? Maybe you disagree with it, but there still is a reason, that pappums and others (including myself) have argued: that it started discussion and helped give this game a focus.
3. His reaction to andrew in post 383 is way off. It's almost as if he intentionally overreacted in order to confirm his theory in post 364.
4. Pine is uncomfortably obsessed with LAL, as Jahudo pointed out.

andrew94:
1. In 303, he declares that "we have enough reactions to pappum's gambit". Except for his very recent posts on Pine, however, he focusses solely on pappums. Why would somebody want to shut down discussion on his only lynch target, unless that lynch wasn't convincing in the first place? I realize he defined progress as lynching pappums, but it's still strange to call for an end to discussion about pappums.
2. He slyly suggests that voided is scum in post 165, but does a complete 180 when pappums revealed his gambit. It makes it seem like he knew the alignments of both players beforehand.
3. He refuses to make sense of his posts when asked.

I like lynches on these two. I don't know which is more likely to get a wagon, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say andrew, just because Pine is still a fresh face. If there's interest in Pine I'll switch immediately.
Vote: andrew

Come deadline time, if we continue to limit our choices to fitz and pappums, I'll vote pappums, as I've already said. But I hope that can be avoided.
pappums wrote:i have never said that i, in any way, was cleared from being scum. (i even said that previously in a post when people were saying that i was trying to clear myself). what i was doing in that post was trying to make people question whether scum was more likely to take the course of actions that i did or that fitz did
The two aren't exactly the same thing, but they're close. How many times couldn't you say, "which is more likely, a gambit or ___"?
P.T. Barnum
P.T. Barnum
Townie
P.T. Barnum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:20 am

Post by P.T. Barnum »

1. Sufficient to lynch =/= necessary to lynch, sufficient to lynch =/= only player worth lynching (I think andrew and pine have both done enough for us to lynch them.
2. Voting and wagoning has importance outside of lynching.
3. I have no clue what you're getting at with "a neutral" or "wolly at best." Clarify your pronouns.
There's a sucker born every minute.
P.T. Barnum
P.T. Barnum
Townie
P.T. Barnum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:21 am

Post by P.T. Barnum »

*have
There's a sucker born every minute.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:31 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

chkflip wrote:From the first reaction onward, Voidedscum has been over-defensive. There's a difference between town trying to disprove a gambit and scum freaking out; it doesn't look like the former to me, therefore, voidedscum is freaking out. See also:
Yes, because town can't freak out like this, too. *rolls eyes*
chkflip wrote:Image
TOO BAD I'M GONNA YELL IN ALL CAPS WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!
chkflip wrote:VM backtracks, theorizes, and deflects all in a way that doesn't seem town motivated to me. At all.
Theorizing? yes. After all, I was trying to figure out why he picked me.
Deflecting? I suppose.
Backtracking? No.
chkflip wrote:Backtracking, okay, maybe somebody misinterpreted some ambiguity; his first question and his "VERY suspicious" feelings are completely OMGUS and sound like someone trying to do anything to make pappum's the one in the hotseat.
Or just get myself out of the hotseat. I mentioned many times prior to Rat revealing the gambit that I was focused on not getting lynched. Perhaps my play didn't contribute to that, but that was my goal until I was safe from being lynched.
chkflip wrote:This would only make sense if you didn't actually bring attention to yourself repeatedly... but you did. (see also: previously linked posts)
Huh? You make no sense...
chkflip wrote:It looks to me like P. Ratty looked at a person who had some anti-town tendencies and took a calculated risk. Risk worked, one question. UMADBRO?
what?
chkflip wrote:AtE will not give you my pity, nor will it make me think you're any more town than I already think you aren't.
Oh, jee, I can't ask for where I am in the votecount anymore? Guess I'll just let others say what it is to not be scummy anymore!
chkflip wrote:No further attempts to try to reiterate your stance? No scumhunting? Nothing. Just -_-
No. I already explained this and mentioned this before.
chkflip wrote:and we're supposed to believe this fakeclaim? inb4 "ah guys, I was roleblocked."
Can you roleblock Neighborizor/Neighbor? If not, lovely point here.

Mike: What did you even mean by "woolly vote", anyways?

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:33 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

EBWOP: Pine, you didn't explain why you disagreed with Nacho's points. You said you don't take them, but not why.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:43 am

Post by havingfitz »

Void...who are your top three suspects and why? Is there anyone outside of those three who would you be ok with a lynch on today? Links to your cases on the top three would be fine if you have them.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

I admit, I haven't focused on anyone else except Rat outside of replying to other things (or defending myslf as with Nacho and Chk), so I don't have any other case to give you. I was going to keep on Rat until his lynch, and then focus on looking at others because I'm sure that he's scum.

mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:54 am

Post by mikemike778 »

P.T. Barnum wrote:1. Sufficient to lynch =/= necessary to lynch, sufficient to lynch =/= only player worth lynching (I think andrew and pine have both done enough for us to lynch them.
2. Voting and wagoning has importance outside of lynching.
3. I have no clue what you're getting at with "a neutral" or "wolly at best." Clarify your pronouns.
Neutral - Andrew said little of any significance, it was all nothing-y nonsense or thats what I made of it anyway. By neutral I meant I couldn't see how anyone could get a positive read (scum or town) on him. Not enough to lynch anyway if you had a confident a read on someone else

Woolly - not much in it, fairly fluffy - reasons given hardly convincing.

If you thought the neighbour thing was a satisfactory reason to lynch Voided (I don't but thats a different matter) then I don't see why your reasons given for your Andrew vote would make him the better vote.

Can you clarify your point re 2 - that you were not voting to lynch Andrew but to build up a wagon ?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:04 am

Post by chkflip »

588 = "I haven't scumhunted, I've just tried my hardest to deflect deflect deflect."

585 isn't any better; you're not refuting points, you're getting emotional about people voting for you. Scumhunt.

Also, the part I "make no sense" in is quite simple. The first post would only make sense if you weren't bringing a lot of attention to yourself; unfortunately, the two posts I linked afterward (and any I liked before that) were all very eye-catching. In other words, it doesn't make sense for you to say "rat picked a random person" when you very obviously did things that weren't pro-town and therefore aren't a random target.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

chkflip wrote:588 = "I haven't scumhunted, I've just tried my hardest to deflect deflect deflect."

585 isn't any better; you're not refuting points, you're getting emotional about people voting for you. Scumhunt.
588:

Also, the part I "make no sense" in is quite simple. The first post would only make sense if you weren't bringing a lot of attention to yourself; unfortunately, the two posts I linked afterward (and any I liked before that) were all very eye-catching. In other words, it doesn't make sense for you to say "rat picked a random person" when you very obviously did things that weren't pro-town and therefore aren't a random target.[/quote]

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

BLKEJRLAJERKLJ! STUPID TAB BUTTON!
chkflip wrote:588 = "I haven't scumhunted, I've just tried my hardest to deflect deflect deflect."

588: I just said I'm focused on Rat/Nacho right now because I believe he's scum.

585: I am refuting points (if sarcastically). And since you're oh so kindly asking me to, I'm gonna scumhunt just to please you. I'll start looking over people, sure, but my focus is on Rat from here until he's lynched or D1 ends.
chkflip wrote:Also, the part I "make no sense" in is quite simple. The first post would only make sense if you weren't bringing a lot of attention to yourself; unfortunately, the two posts I linked afterward (and any I liked before that) were all very eye-catching. In other words, it doesn't make sense for you to say "rat picked a random person" when you very obviously did things that weren't pro-town and therefore aren't a random target.
[/quote]
the over-defensive link I said was again, knee-jerk. I can see why you'd think it was over-defensive since it probably how I felt at the time.

2nd link, I don't know what else you want me to say.

3rd link makes no sense in that regard, since I was responding to RQS that Cecily gave like everyone else did.

4th link isn't anti-town just because I say that I'm rather blunt at times and that I don't care for RVS (I should add all the time to that, though). I'll give that saying I don't care for RVS certainly drew attention to me, though.

5th link, how the hell do you get AtE from that?

6th link, *rolls eyes* of course you'd cast suspicion on it. Scum could even use your doubt of my role to their advantage, roleblocking me and making you vote me because "Hah! He was lying all along about his role! Get him!"

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:20 am

Post by havingfitz »

Voidedmafia wrote:I admit, I haven't focused on anyone else except Rat outside of replying to other things (or defending myslf as with Nacho and Chk), so I don't have any other case to give you. I was going to keep on Rat until his lynch, and then focus on looking at others because I'm sure that he's scum.
Isn't it in the best interest of town to at least give a few of your suspects and why? You must have some if you have been keeping up....especially in a game this looooooooooooong. What if, hypothetically, you weren't today's lynch but you were the NK? With only one suspect (PR/Nacho) to whom you have camped on...the remaining town would have less to go on in trying to figure out why you might have been the (once again) hypothetical NK.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

I know. -_- But I still detest being told to scumhunt like that.

Andrew's slot certainly is scummy. Not as scummy as I believe Rat's is, but it's not very pretty either. Not sure what to make of Chk right now, though.

I do agree with the Cecily case, and I am going to ISO her tomorrow if I'm not lynched or NK'd. I also have notes (which are just basic observations) for all of you that I'll give either tomorrow when I go over you, or perhaps today if the lynch swings my way. But Cecily is one suspect.

You, Fitz, are quite abrasive (and possibly unintentionally insulting), but you're town.

IK: Lurky king, more like. More null at the moment. I'm not LALu (Lynch All Lurkers), but he ought to replace overnight if he can't stay with us.

Jahudo is leaning town based on his play, but he's still lurking. Well, maybe not lurking, but doing what I'm doing, to an extent.

Bub, well, he's town right now, at least.

Tars...has done essentially nothing. She's also scummy because of that.

Mikemike is probably one of the more townish people here, along with you, Fitz.

Neil does seem to see-saw between being town and scum from his posts, so I'll leave him at null.

Barnum: Also town, and I've seen nothing to go against that.

Rat/Nacho: Obvscum, nothing more.

Pine: Also pretty town to me.

So, in conclusion, my suspects are:

Andrew/Chk, Cecily, and Tars.

I can post my notes beforehand if you wish, though.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:46 am

Post by havingfitz »

Seems like more than a few people see a decent possibility of Cecily being scum. I'd still rather see her lynch than any of the others in the mix.

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:49 am

Post by chkflip »

I don't quite understand the Cecily wagon; would someone be so kind as to reiterate it?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:02 am

Post by havingfitz »

neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by neil1113 »

P.T.,

What do you have as a case on Andrew? The only thing I see is a VI Policy Lynch, in which case if that's what your pushing over everyone else, that's extremely anti-town...

Voided,

Is there anyway to test your role claim?
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

neil1113 wrote:Voided,

Is there anyway to test your role claim?
If you're chosen, Rhinox will tell you via PM. Though I have claimed, I still feel like if I chose you, you should stay silent about it for now. I can't stop you, of course, but that's what I'd want.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”