Newbie 1076: Day Three

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Equinox »

Votecount 2-6:

DarkFlashlight (0) -
Otolia (0) -
Glass (0) -
MrBump (0) -
L-1
Kagetora (3) - Glass, MrBump, Olinea
Olinea (0) -
DarlaBlueEyes (2) - DarkFlashlight, Kagetora
Not Voting (2): Otolia, DarlaBlueEyes

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Deadline is April 28, 2011.
DarkFlashlight
DarkFlashlight
Goon
DarkFlashlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by DarkFlashlight »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:sorry guys my PC has died a grizzly death and recovery discs are inthe mail. Until they get here
(by the 6th at the latest)
I will be slightly V/LA.
So much for that.

Glass wrote:@DBE, DFL, oto
What do you think of the kage wagon?
I'm not ready to jump on the Kage wagon, but I'm not coherently against it. He's sending me mixed signals:
Kagetora wrote:Tonight on Ripley's Believe It or Not! I wasn't lying.
I can't tell how to read this. It's either too snarky for a Maf to make when trying to lie low, or bold enough to try to make someone back off. It didn't work either way though.
Kage wrote:If I'm wrong, well fuck, I probably just lynched myself.
Kage wrote:and my lack of being able to find them is probably gonna get me lynched today.
This seems rather desperate, especially when he only had two votes at the time, the same amount as Darla. It was like he was trying to retract mistakes before they were too publicized.

Off of behavioral analysis, I don't think you had a point with saying the thing about logging in. I have my browser set to automatically log in also, so if I checked the site ever, you would see me.

To be honest, I don't really understand the case on Kage. The way he's acting seems worse to me than anything's he's specifically done. All I can think of is logging in at night and intentionally withholding voting when he wanted to VOTE: yesterday.

Olinea wrote:Lemme check some of Darla’s other games and see if she’s inactive in only this one. It seems like you’re saying Darla’s more active in her other Town games since the Town is depending on her input, but if there are other games where she’s just as inactive, it seems
pretty
unlikely that Darla would land scum roles in
all
of her games.
Hmmm...if she has been inactive but sticking around in all of her games, it does shoot down my theory.

MrBump wrote:@Everyone: Does anyone have any intent to hammer?
I think we know my answer to fast hammers after yesterday.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:16 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

FMFL. Finally got the PC back after 19 hours of work. Catching up asap. So sorry for the delay everyone.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:16 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

@DFL: the disc didn't get here til the 8th )<
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:06 am

Post by MrBump »

We're back to seven players, good stuff =D
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Glass »

Or are we?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Equinox »

Kagetora has been prodded.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:47 pm

Post by MrBump »

This is the part where someone hammers him >_<

Also, if it means anything, Kage said he would be V/LA 'till Friday and it's now Sunday. 0MG!
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:57 pm

Post by Otolia »

I won't hammer him. It still way before the dusk so no need to hurry. We already did a quickhammer and nothing good has come of it. I'd rather wait. I'll use this to re-read the topic.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:19 am

Post by Glass »

What are you talking about oto? We lynched sakako right before deadline. I want to hear from Dbe before the hammer though.
@DFL + oto
Let me tell you something good that I have heard from many players.
Town runs on momentum and activity, the only thing that unnecessarily extending the day does is get people to lose interest and a decrease of activity. We are already seeing this decrease in activity. No one is pushing an lynch except for Kage.
DarkFlashlight
DarkFlashlight
Goon
DarkFlashlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:50 am

Post by DarkFlashlight »

I asked what the case was on Kage, and rather than providing an answer, you imply I should've already hammered.

There's irony in saying extending the day is bad, then adding in you want someone to reply first. Isn't that exactly what I did?
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Olinea »

Glass, what's your take on the "If Otolia doesn't produce the rest of GreyICE's PM, he's scum"?
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Glass »

DFL wrote:I asked what the case was on Kage
No you didn't. The case is clearly laid down in post 384, you skipped talking about most of it in your post.
DFL wrote:you imply I should've already hammered.
Cool story bro.
Glass wrote:I want to hear from Dbe before the hammer though.
DFL wrote:There's irony in saying extending the day is bad, then adding in you want someone to reply first. Isn't that exactly what I did?
Did you say that extending the day is bad? I must have missed that.
btw, your scum is showing.
Oli wrote:Glass, what's your take on the "If Otolia doesn't produce the rest of GreyICE's PM, he's scum"?
Considering that he hasn't produced it by now it is likely it won't be produced, does it necessarily make him scum? I don't think so, I delete my PMs quite often, so I wouldn't be surprised if he deleted it before he was asked for it. I kind of find it difficult to believe that ice would send oto a pm to edit and post to make him look town and then oto admits to editing it.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Otolia »

Here is the complete PM :
GreyICE wrote:Well, dun think I can, but here's the logic:

Alright, last post on why I'm really no fan of Olinea this game.

1) Commentary:

I was half honest when I said it was scum to comment on your predecessor. That comes from scum a middling amount of the time. Finding them scummy, on the other hand, is scum 95% of the time. Olinea fell into a gentle middle ground. That hasn't made me happy - doesn't, won't, never will. That being said, I poked Olinea's completes, and its a lot less than I initially expected. So it could just be a newbie tell.

2) Common Man:
~Common Man's self-vote looks like
bad
AtE. There was absolutely no reason to do that, and frankly it comes across as an attempt to buy "non-mafia" credit, because like hell that'll buy you town cred.
An attempt to buy non-mafia credit. Aka, show yourself to be town. That seems like a fairly fat finger of suspicion. When called on it:
Olinea wrote:
GreyICE wrote:1) Offers to join the prevailing wagon
Is that so?
Olinea wrote:~Common Man's self-vote looks like
bad
AtE. There was absolutely no reason to do that, and frankly it comes across as an attempt to buy "non-mafia" credit, because like hell that'll buy you town cred.
That was a good one, I needed a laugh.
Deflection. That was a fairly clear feeler to see if the common man lynch was still alive, and when called, he just deflects. In fact, Olinea has never given a strong position about Common man at all.

None? He's never even commented on the feelers. Hell, I've seen CM variants in enough of my newbie games (peg leg, KodamaKon, Shadow1psc, etc.) to know exactly how this has gone. But outside of that one comment and the deflection, Olinea has never pushed towards common man... or questioned anyone's push... or done anything.

That wagon is a town wagon pushed by town, because Common Man's play is so anti-town it hurts. He's still town though.

The feeler? Meh. Bad. The deflection? Worrying.

Olinea wrote:~Kagetora is playing to a town meta, IMO. Never seen him as scum, but if he were scum I think he'd be
much
more inclined to appeal to the general view of "no lynching is bad" in order to avoid confrontation. He sticks to his guns, which is good.
That's literally the only town read he has.

At the moment here are his reads:

1) Common Man - "attempting to buy non-mafia cred," lol deflect when questioned on it
2) Kagetora - "townish for pushing his silly idea."
3) GreyICE/Otolia - scum, for thinking I'm scummy!

Chkflip is fairly bad. Still, I have a bad experience with finding ICs scummy (I like... always do). But he's scummier than most. The way he waited for me to leave to push you... I'm a time bomb. You're a relative unknown. Although just as dangerous IMHO (ya need to work on your scum game though) :twisted:
Bump is town
Sakako is ... meh town ... meh scum ...
Kage is town, if nothing else because his scum partner would be kicking him in thread about that opinion
DBE is badtown
CM is prob-town

My town reads blow chunks this game.

Since you're me, I see no problems in sending this. Post from it as you will
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:12 am

Post by MrBump »

Otolia wrote:(ya need to work on your scum game though)
VOTE: Otolia
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:12 am

Post by MrBump »

Has Otolia had any other games on the site?
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:14 am

Post by MrBump »

Sorry for the triple post, but he's in one other on-going game which GreyICE is not a part of.

Confirm Vote: Otolia
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Olinea »

Unvote: Kagetora
Vote: Otolia

L-2
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Kagetora
Kagetora
Townie
Kagetora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Kagetora »

Sorry for not posting, unexpected events have come up and I don't know when I'll be able to post again. I'm requesting a replacement, sorry, good luck.
Ratio of Day 1 Mislynches: 1/1
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Glass »

MAJOR FOS: OLINEA

Once we get kagetora lynched and he flips scum, look at oli.

bump, you realize that otolia PICKED ice to be his replacement and thus probably knows his outside of mafiascum? Judging by the context I don't think that ice was saying otolia is scum. In fact I would be willing to bet a fair amount of money that otolia is town.

Why would ice include his reads in the pm if otolia is scum?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Kagetora is being replaced.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:34 am

Post by MrBump »

>Kagetora's being replaced

Fan
Fucking
Tastic

Scum's trying to get out.

And I didn't realise that. It's almost certain he knows him from off-site. I'm still unsure about Otolia, but I was a bit rash there.

VOTE: Kagetora

What'd Olinea do?
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:38 am

Post by MrBump »

On the subject of the PM, it actually does a lot more for him, but it did take a LONG time for Otolia to finally post it. It does give him townpoints, except that "Scum game" comment, but to be honest he wouldn't put that there if it was fabricated unless it was a brilliant lie to throw us off, so I'm willing to accept Otolia as town for now. The "scum game" practically confirms Grey wrote it, however that doesn't necessarily mean he's town. The bit at the end, "Post from it as you will", implies that the reads were put there to make him appear ProTown. I mean, what does Otolia GAIN from pasting this PM into the thread? It's giving me mixed reads.

Anyway, I'd like a lynch on Kage before a replacement gets in. He really does seem like he's just trying to get away with this replacement.
DarkFlashlight
DarkFlashlight
Goon
DarkFlashlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:41 am

Post by DarkFlashlight »

lolol@Glass. You twisted that up soooo much.
Glass wrote:
DFL wrote:you imply I should've already hammered.
Cool story bro.
Glass wrote:I want to hear from Dbe before the hammer though.
Explain the motive behind:
Glass wrote:@DFL + oto
Let me tell you something good that I have heard from many players.
Town runs on momentum and activity, the only thing that unnecessarily extending the day does is get people to lose interest and a decrease of activity.
I spy a contradiction! Regardless, I DID point out that you wanted to wait for the hammer in that post. You even quote it later. Look for the asterisk, I underlined it so it's easy to find!

Glass wrote:
DFL wrote:I asked what the case was on Kage
No you didn't.
Um, yeah I did:
I wrote:To be honest, I don't really understand the case on Kage. The way he's acting seems worse to me than anything's he's specifically done. All I can think of is logging in at night and intentionally withholding voting when he wanted to VOTE: yesterday.
What was your point in even saying that?

Glass wrote:The case is clearly laid down in post 384, you skipped talking about most of it in your post.
I don't even know what to say about this. Refer to my own quote from just above. The only things your 384 talked about were:
1. Refusing to vote
2. Having then dropping suspicions of Otolia
3. Voting for Darla
4. Logging on during night

I mentioned 1, 2, and 4 in the post.
I wrote:intentionally withholding voting
I wrote:when he wanted to VOTE: yesterday
I wrote:logging in at night
That leaves voting for Darla as the only thing I skipped talking about. That's definitely not "most of it." Stop exaggerating.

Glass wrote:
DFL wrote:There's irony in saying extending the day is bad, then adding in you want someone to reply first
. Isn't that exactly what I did?
Did you say that extending the day is bad? I must have missed that.
No, but you did:
Glass wrote:the only thing that unnecessarily extending the day does is get people to lose interest and a decrease of activity
Glass wrote:btw, your scum is showing.
You're trying far too hard.

As for Kage, bailing wasn't really the best move, but I'm at least curious to see what his replacement does.

Now onto the most important thing, Otolia's PM. Why would there have been such a substantial wall on why Oli is scum, if Otolia would've already known that, but furthermore, wouldn't be looking for reasons to kill his partner? Not to mention, if that did mean, "Hey, you're scum," wouldn't Otolia have had the sense to edit it out and act like it was never there? It's not like anyone but him and Ice knows what it really said.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Otolia »

For the scum advice, it was for this game. Won by him replacing me.
Olinea wrote: DarkFlashlight (0) -
Otolia (1) -
Sakako

Glass (1) - DarlaBlueEyes
MrBump (0) -
Kagetora (0) -
Olinea
(0) -
L-1
Sakako
(4) -
Olinea
chkflip
, Glass, MrBump
DarlaBlueEyes (0) -
chkflip
(0) -
Not Voting (2): DarkFlashlight, Otolia
No Lynch (1): Kagetora

MrBump rounding it off here. His reasoning is that the Sakako wagon is probably not going to burn out and he wanted to get to DAT STORY TIEM. Uh-uh. There was pretty much
no
suspicion from MrBump on Sakako, and he had doubts about Otolia/Kagetora/chkflip beforehand.

Things I notice:
~Kagetora's vote not budging an inch is worrisome, it makes it pretty difficult to get a good read.
~I'd be willing to bet a chunk of money on there being at least 1 scum in [DarkFlashlight, Glass, MrBump]; I can see Darkie/Glass and MrBump/Glass but not Darkie/MrBump. [DarlaBlueEyes, Kagetora] make everybody generally uneasy but they don't pair well with many. I still think Otolia is frustrated Town.

Vote: Glass
Look at the first post of Olinea after N1. The following extract shows how all of this was a giant mascarade of scumhunt. It's Mr. Bump who is putting Sakako at L-1, he is the one who made the decision to lynch him over me (even though I did a perfect false scumslip). I don't say Sakako was a bad lynch, but I was a MUCH BETTER ONE, so the only reason I could still be alive is that the scum thought I was more worthwile alive because I didn't show a clear logical spirit.

In Newbie Games the objectives is to get to LyLo for the scum. In LyLo everything is possible and scum have high success rate due to the newbies who are not that experienced. A good reason to keep me alive would have been my false slip (remember I was wagonned for almost nothing) it's a perfect WIFOM excuse for any scum. If as a scum other players make the mistake to create WIFOM for you, you don't lynch them so they can be useful to your evil plan.

Glass, look at the surprisingly fast vote swap from Olinea (2 min) Can you read the whole PM in 2 min ? No, this is why he didn't gave any reason.

One from the group Glass/Bump or one from the group DBE/DFL/Olinea had to be scum. My best read is Olinea right now : VOTE: Olinea

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”