Newbie 1076: Day Three

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by Olinea »

Otolia wrote:For the scum advice, it was for this game. Won by him replacing me.
This pretty much clears it up. I was under the impression that GreyICE was telling you that you needed to step up your game. This previously linked game, well, now I know you two have history.
Otolia wrote:Glass, look at the surprisingly fast vote swap from Olinea (2 min) Can you read the whole PM in 2 min ? No, this is why he didn't gave any reason.
?

I'm seeing a gap of ~2 hours between your post and my vote switch. Or are you referring to something else?
MrBump wrote:I mean, what does Otolia GAIN from pasting this PM into the thread?
It's more of what would have happened to him had he
not
posted it. In addition, we can see GreyICE/Otolia's opinions lie now.

I rushed that vote, yeah. It's mostly because I hadn't known the history of GreyICE + Otolia and it seemed like coaching. I'm right back onto Kage, but now that Otolia's posted the PM and Occam's Razor dictates he's most likely Town due to inclusion of the reads I can't imagine who Kage's buddy would be.

Unvote: Otolia
Vote: Kagetora

L-1
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by Glass »

bump wrote:What'd Olinea do?
Read Day 2. Don't really want to make a case on oli yet for fear of letting kage slip through the cracks.

@DFL
I hope you realize what a pain in the ass it is to reply to such a poorly organized post, so now people will have to look back and forth to understand what I am saying.
DFL wrote:lolol@Glass. You twisted that up soooo much.
If that is the case why did bump/oli/oto not call me out on twisting it up "soooo much"?
DFL wrote:Explain the motive behind
So that we don't sit around doing nothing waiting for deadline to come around before someone hammers? That response was mostly directed at post 408, I decided to direct it towards you as well because of your actions during day 1.
DFL wrote:To be honest, I don't really understand the case on Kage. The way he's acting seems worse to me than anything's he's specifically done. All I can think of is logging in at night and intentionally withholding voting when he wanted to VOTE: yesterday.
LOL. THAT IS NOT DIRECTED TOWARDS ME AND YOU DID NOT SAY YOU WANTED ME TO EXPLAIN THE CASE. YOU JUST MADE A STATEMENT. WHEN PEOPLE SAY: "I DONT UNDERSTAND THE CASE ON XXX" IT MEANS THEY DONT AGREE WITH THE CASE.
DFL wrote:What was your point in even saying that?
You attacked me for not responding to your question which wasn't a question which wasn't directed at me? I thought it was amusing.
DFL wrote: I don't even know what to say about this. Refer to my own quote from just above. The only things your 384 talked about were:
1. Refusing to vote
2. Having then dropping suspicions of Otolia
3. Voting for Darla
4. Logging on during night
The actual things I talked about:
1. Kage tries to look town.
2. NO SCUMHUNTING
3. Illogical voting/seemingly random shifts in reads
4. Logging in at night
And you only covered 4 and a bit of 3.

And there is a difference between wanting to get SOME content before hammering and possibly going into lylo and already having content and no chance of going into lylo.
DFL wrote: You're trying far too hard.
Orly?

@Oto
Ya, the VCA is one reason why I think that oli is scummy. But if/when kage flips scum there is tons to link him to.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Otolia »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:FMFL. Finally got the PC back after 19 hours of work. Catching up asap. So sorry for the delay everyone.
Two days ago, no post, nothing ... One could thought that after two years on the site, it is asked to the IC not to lurk. Of course DBE isn't an IC but she is still showing how to perfectly active lurk (I also did it myself the last few days BUT it was before the L-1 on Kage)

I don't see right now the point of lynching Kagetora over, say, Olinea or DBE, so I won't hammer him.

Olinea changed his vote fairly quickly so I won't go further in this direction. I need to ISO Kage but right now my bed calls me ...
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by Glass »

This sucks. Can we just replace DBE? Honestly, her coming on every few days saying "Sorry for the V/LA, will catch up" is getting really odd. She has not posted a single thing of content since I replaced in ffs.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Glass »

And by content I don't mean like contributing to town and whatnot, I mean she actually hasn't said anything regarding the game since I came in except for
DBE wrote: I do not think Otolia is scum. Honestly he strikes me as a very newbynoob with communication problems. Yes he's been aggressive and played badly but anyone who's been in many newbie games should be able to tell the difference.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:14 pm

Post by MrBump »

Otolia wrote:he is the one who made the decision to lynch him over me (even though I did a perfect false scumslip). I don't say Sakako was a bad lynch, but I was a MUCH BETTER ONE
Is it just me who finds it odd Oto keeps bringing this up? It's not scummy, it's not towny... I dun get why anyone would do it o.O

I had a slightly larger post typed out last night, then I got distracted on a different tab then I fell asleep! When I woke up this morning I came to this tab to see my post, laughed as I remembered it, posted it and it asked me to log in, killing the post. What's the chances of that? I NEVER have to log in! xD

Anysmurf, I won't comment on anything until I'm actually awake :P
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Silavor replaces Kagetora. Hooray!
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:54 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Votecount 2-7:

DarkFlashlight (0) -
Otolia (0) -
Glass (0) -
MrBump (0) -
L-1
Silavor (3) - Glass, MrBump, Olinea
Olinea (1) - Otolia
DarlaBlueEyes (2) - DarkFlashlight
Not Voting (2): DarlaBlueEyes, Silavor

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Deadline is April 28, 2011.
Last edited by Nachomamma8 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:55 pm

Post by silavor »

Hey all, replacing in. Gimme a sec to catch up.

Unvote

Just in case Kagetora hadn't already.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Post by silavor »

@Nacho: Olinea's apparently voting for both Otolia and me according to that last votecount

One of these days, I WILL get an early morning votecount right.
~Nacho

MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:51 pm

Post by MrBump »

Fantastic, Kagetora has a replacement. You're instantly 19238934% cooler because of the FE avatar but I'm afraid we'll have to lynch you anyway. Sorry.

@Mod:
Apparently both silavor and Kagetora are voting, sorry to do this to you xD
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:56 pm

Post by MrBump »

I decided to re-read last page, and Otolia's 424 is scummy.
Otolia wrote:Can you read the whole PM in 2 min ? No, this is why he didn't gave any reason.
I don't get what Otolia is referring to here. Olinea voted him a full two hours after he posted the PM, and that's seemingly all Otolia has on Oli.
Otolia wrote:One from the group Glass/Bump or one from the group DBE/DFL/Olinea had to be scum.
First of all, 424 talks about NONE of those links. The only time he mentions Glass is an obvious buddying attempt:
Otolia wrote:Glass, look at the surprisingly fast
Then we've got the more obvious thing. Kagetora is COMPLETELY missing from his scum reads, yet he never mentions Darkie or Darla in his post. Scumbuddies?
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:09 am

Post by silavor »

Read up to the start of day 2. Initial thoughts? DBA is scum, and the other scum is olinea or otolia. Dark, glass and bump are all obvtown. Kagetora was dumb but town in the same way CM was. Anyway, someone want to post a brief case about why Kage/I am scum? I'll get around to reading day 2 some time later today, but it would be nice to know ahead of time what I'm being accused of.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:22 am

Post by Otolia »

MrBump wrote:I decided to re-read last page, and Otolia's 424 is scummy.
Otolia wrote:Can you read the whole PM in 2 min ? No, this is why he didn't gave any reason.
I don't get what Otolia is referring to here. Olinea voted him a full two hours after he posted the PM, and that's seemingly all Otolia has on Oli.

Olinea voted me 2 min after you. But I guess this isn't a good argument.

Otolia wrote:One from the group Glass/Bump or one from the group DBE/DFL/Olinea had to be scum.
First of all, 424 talks about NONE of those links.

Certainly no, it is just my scumlist, for me, for MYSELF ! You aren't supposed to believe in it, and I don't care if you do but that's not scummy.

The only time he mentions Glass is an obvious buddying attempt:
Otolia wrote:Glass, look at the surprisingly fast
:lol:
Seriously, you are trying to hard. When I wrote the post, Glass had just FoS Olinea, it was merely a thing I pointed out to him. And curiously he didn't vote Olinea and I will certainly unvote him because of his satisfactory answers.
I don't think that Kagetora/silavor is scum after a re-read, and I would be more pleased with a DBE wagon.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:39 am

Post by MrBump »

Urgh, change that green, I have to highlight it to read it D=

I meant that you haven't mentioned ANYONE in that post besides Olinea yet Glass has a chance of being scum? And what's your reasoning behind "Glass and Bump can't both be scum"? I dun gerrit, chief. Your scumlist doesn't MENTION anyone, so am I meant to work out your suspicions through psychic or something?

@Silavor:
Kage tried to No Lynch all day yesterday (which suggested Cop), never changed it because he wanted to stick to his "Town Meta" (which should come naturally), gave one iffy scumread on Otolia then completely forgot it existed, explaining it off as "I think it was a false claim" and generally just doing nothing to help town at all. Plus as soon as it looked like he was about to get lynched he decided to replace out.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:58 am

Post by Otolia »

A scumteam Glass/Mr. Bump is possible but very unlikely because you are the most participating and scumhunting. Having two scum doing the same job is a suicide. Sure you can manipulate the town to have lynch you want to have, but in the end, but when comes MyLo or LyLo somebody is gonna see a obvious scumteam. Thus I don't think that both of you would be scum. One of you is still possible.

The other group are people who don't scumhunt that clearly and have a passive attitude. So same reasoning here although two lurking scum is always a possibility (and it is truer as the game advance)
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:15 am

Post by silavor »

For the record, Glass and Bump, your cases against Kage read like you're slamming a VI newbie for being a VI not used to Mafiascum's way of doing things, rather than slamming scum. Being useless doesn't make you scum, it makes you useless.
Also, Bump and Olinea hopped off Kage and onto Otolia before Kage requested replacement, so saying he flaked out at L-1, or "as soon as it looked like he was about to get lynched," is a lie.

Glass: Why are you
so
adamant about lynching a VI? I had you pegged as obvtown after day 1, stop fucking up that read.

Vote:DBE

When the universe decides to slam you with enough crap to open up your own mushroom farm, you don't stay in a mafia game unless you have some sort of investment or attachment to it. There is
no
reason for a vanilla town DBE to V/LA for basically all of day one and two, as there is nothing holding her to this game. She had no real reads, no one had any real beneficial reads on her, it was basically like she hadn't been in the game at all. Town-DBE should have replaced out weeks ago. Scum-DBE, however, can use the V/LA to her advantage by not participating in a mislynch (or two, if Kage had been lynched) while still keeping up her null-to-town cred. Plus, due to the natural rarity of rolling scum, the role PM alone might have been incentive enough to keep her from replacing out when she should have, two or three weeks ago. Add to that the fact that CHK was the one who was really getting suspicious of DBE right before he died, and it matches up nicely that DBE is scum.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Glass »

bump wrote:Fantastic, Kagetora has a replacement. You're instantly 19238934% cooler because of the FE avatar but I'm afraid we'll have to lynch you anyway. Sorry.
And being canadian, but ya.
silavor wrote:your cases against Kage read like you're slamming a VI newbie for being a VI not used to Mafiascum's way of doing things, rather than slamming scum.
And yet, I have oto as one of my townest reads.
silavor wrote: Glass: Why are you so adamant about lynching a VI?
I'm not. I am adamant about lynching scum.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Otolia »

Happy BDay Glass !
DarkFlashlight
DarkFlashlight
Goon
DarkFlashlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by DarkFlashlight »

I'm gonna retrovert for a second and reply to the important parts of Glass's reply to me. It seems we've moved on, and honestly, it wasn't a monumental debate in the first place, but if you want me to give a full reply, just say so. Or even if I cut out some that you thought were important. I'm not against it.
Glass wrote:
DFL wrote:lolol@Glass. You twisted that up soooo much.
If that is the case why did bump/oli/oto not call me out on twisting it up "soooo much"?
For the same reason they didn't agree with you.

Glass wrote:
DFL wrote:Explain the motive behind
So that we don't sit around doing nothing waiting for deadline to come around before someone hammers? That response was mostly directed at post 408, I decided to direct it towards you as well because of your actions during day 1.
This is fair enough, but you should probably specify that you're multidirecting it for different reasons.

Glass wrote:
DFL wrote:To be honest, I don't really understand the case on Kage. The way he's acting seems worse to me than anything's he's specifically done. All I can think of is logging in at night and intentionally withholding voting when he wanted to VOTE: yesterday.
LOL. THAT IS NOT DIRECTED TOWARDS ME AND YOU DID NOT SAY YOU WANTED ME TO EXPLAIN THE CASE. YOU JUST MADE A STATEMENT. WHEN PEOPLE SAY: "I DONT UNDERSTAND THE CASE ON XXX" IT MEANS THEY DONT AGREE WITH THE CASE.
Let's think about it this way:
Me: "To be honest, I don't really understand long division. All I can think of doing is finding how many times the first number goes in, write it at the top, multiple through, and repeat."
Teacher: "OH MY GOD THAT MEANS YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THE CONCEPT OF LONG DIVISION WHICH HAS BEEN PROVEN BY PEOPLE MUCH SMARTER THAN YOU OVER THOUSANDS OF YEARS."
That's LITERALLY what just happened. Understand≠Agree

Now off of that.

I don't really like how Silavor is defending Kage. On one hand, I see how it might be necessary, but Glass didn't do it and he's still kicking.

My thoughts:

1. Otolia doesn't really need a lynch today. He's not safe, but he's not Kage/DBE.
2. Darla doesn't need to be lynched for inactivity, she needs to fucking say something. She can however be lynched once she starts talking, depending on what she says.
3. Kage is the most deserving of a lynch NOW, however that's granting Darla her cage of idle safety.
4. What's up with Olinea? Other than Grey's wall of paranoia, I don't really remember any reasons to be too suspicious of him. I thought everyone disregarded Ice's read on him anyway, why the sudden flip? He voted for Otolia really fast after Bump did, but that was when they thought they had a scum confession.

The only thing I can add on Otolia, is that I don't like the quote:
Otolia wrote:...it is just my scumlist, for me, for MYSELF ! You aren't supposed to believe in it...
Don't HAVE TO? Sure. Aren't SUPPOSED TO? What.

Keeping my vote where it is, because I'm not going to hammer Silavor/Kage, and pressure voting Otolia would be almost as stupid as pressure voting anyone else.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by Otolia »

DarkFlashlight wrote: The only thing I can add on Otolia, is that I don't like the quote:
Otolia wrote:...it is just my scumlist, for me, for MYSELF ! You aren't supposed to believe in it...
Don't HAVE TO? Sure. Aren't SUPPOSED TO? What.
Well, I am confused myself about what I wanted to express. I guess it was something like : " I did a scumlist for myself in my tiny head and I explained it, so I act according to it and you don't have to believe that everything I say is true. " or something like this.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Glass »

V/LA until Thursday due to many upcoming tests.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:41 am

Post by MrBump »

V/LA on your birthday? For shame! D=

I still think someone should hammer Kage/silva.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Otolia »

I am still unsure about him. I'd rather lynch DBE today for bailing out on us that lowly ...
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Darla has been prodded.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”