RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:54 pm

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

Unvote

EA makes a good post, and I'm growing less suspicious of Peabody. (Questioning someone for NOT voting for you when you're one of the leading lynch candidates could be a scum gambit, but I find it more likely to be town.) Crazy's defense of inHim makes me more suspicious of both inHim and Crazy, both of whom were already high on my scum list. I will give inHim another day to post, but if he doesn't post tomorrow (today? Wednesday, at any rate) I'm going to vote him anyway.

@EA, see, when you make your points without excessive capitilization/repetition, its much more convincing :D
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:31 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Erratus Apathos wrote:Uh what? AMP was the only one discussing theory and not scumhunting. If it's so likely to discuss only theory at that stage, why was he the only one doing it?
He's a newb maybe? I'll give you this point but I don't think it justifies a lynch.
Erratus Apathos wrote:That's not scumhunting, that's worthless crap. I'm not talking about the catching-up, which I didn't even bother reading because for whatever reason, replacement catch-up posts
always
have a lower signal-to-noise ratio than Glenn Beck. I'm talking about the result inHim ends up at. He called half the living players scum. That's not an exaggeration, I mean literally half. Conveniently, pretty much everyone who was a plausible lynch candidate, save for Valern, showed up on the death list. Then he never filtered the list down to a usable number. Or attacked anyone on the list. Or did anything with it at all for that matter. He just made a preposterous scumlist and sat on his ass.
Yeah, and hey there can be a wagon on half the players in a game on any given day. It's possible to be suspicious of more people than there are scum as not everyone is a perfect townie. Regardless, you seem to have ignored this (inevitably as a result of you not reading his posts):
inhimshallibe wrote:We ought to be lynching one of {Pine, Peabody, Lucresia, Trendall} today.
Now isn't that a usable number?
Erratus Apathos wrote:Okay, I read all of D3 AND RBT's iso in that game, and I have one question: what the fuck does it have to do with anything at all in this game? RBT scumhunted right out the gate (albeit in that stupid cryptic bullshit way he always does) so his situation in that game has precisely dick in common with AMP's in this one.
RBT got lynched for lurking. Before the wagon, he had ~ 11 posts out of 400+, several of which weren't useful, which led people to believe he was lurking. As such, I get a bit worried over jumping the low post count gun.

I'll start to get antsy if inhim plays poorly today, but I'd rather wait for content today from him before I make that decision.

@Valern: I retract my claim about your unvote earlier. Your reasoning's pretty sound, although I still don't know what this secret super town tell on Peabody is all about.
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:06 am

Post by Valern »

Re-reading is more or less complete.

VOTE: CrazyPianist

I have a hunch. I'm planning on elaborating on this vote, but first I need the mod to answer a question I've PMed him that may or may not prove relevant. In the meantime...
crazypianist1116 wrote:@Valern: I retract my claim about your unvote earlier. Your reasoning's pretty sound, although I still don't know what this secret super town tell on Peabody is all about.
I never posted anything in between your posts, and I'm really not seeing the jump in logic here. What changed in your view to make my unvote suddenly okay? It looks like you can't decide whether to subtly push for my lynch (while not even voting me) or attempt to buddy up to me.
l'enfer, c'est les autres
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:31 am

Yeah I know you didn't post anything in between the votes. It was that during my second post I realized that quote about Peabody's town tell from d1. I'm not trying to subtly push your lynch you just happened to be the focus of what I've seen during day 2. Granted if after a few more posts I see more evidence for your lynch with regards to today and day 1, I'll push for it, but that time isn't now.
I await your elaboration.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:45 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Alright, so my apologies. I didn't expect to be gone for the entire weekend, else I would have voted. No way to prove it, so I'll just say that one got away from me.

Basically, my slot has done next to nothing besides my catch-up work. To those calling out my methods... go suck an egg, I guess. :P I've operated that way from the beginning of time, I think. Now that I'm in the middle of the action, I hope you'll see the way things run with me are Town.

OK, enough about me.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Fenhl
Fenhl
Goon
Fenhl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:30 am

Post by Fenhl »

Vote Count 2.2
inHimshallibe3Erratus ApathosPeabodyQuilford
crazypianist11161Valern
Spoiler: more info
Not voting: crazypianist1116, ICEninja, DeathRowKitty, inHimshallibe, RangeroftheNorth
With 9 living players, a majority consists of 5 votes.
The current deadline is Apr 18 16:18.
Mini Normal 1145 ÔÇö Plain Mafia: No replacements needed. If you want me to notify you when a replacement is needed, PM me!
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:52 am

Post by ICEninja »

Seriously, inHim? That's all you give us? That post was a joke. Zero actual defense, zero scum hunting, zero content and then "OK, enough about me."

Give town reasons not to throw two votes on you, today, and either in the same or directly after post, give town at LEAST one better lynch candidate, with good reasoning as to why the are a good lynch candidate. I'm done being patient with your player slot.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:12 am

Post by Peabody »

ICEninja wrote:Seriously, inHim? That's all you give us? That post was a joke. Zero actual defense, zero scum hunting, zero content and then "OK, enough about me."

Give town reasons not to throw two votes on you, today, and either in the same or directly after post, give town at LEAST one better lynch candidate, with good reasoning as to why the are a good lynch candidate. I'm done being patient with your player slot.
Quoted for truth. We have been waiting for content from you for a while and now that you are caught up, we expect you to contribute.

@Crazy - Why do you feel a need to defend inHim before inHim has posted a defense to Erratus' accusations? You seem pretty persistent in defending someone of whom you don't know the alignment. When Erratus showed that AMP was the only person talking theory, you gave him that point, but you felt the need to offer AMP an out by suggesting that maybe he is just a noobie (please explain why you felt you had to provide this out rather than concede fully to Erratus' point). Do you buy any single point of accusation against the AMP slot? Do you think inHim is town? If you do, please explain why.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:57 am

Vote: inHimshallibe

He makes a crappy post, he gets a vote. Refusing to defend himself does not somehow make you seem less scummy.
This is L-1
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:11 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Hey, hey, calm it with the wagon here. Some people (i.e. ME) have said absolutely nothing today. >_> Posting something tonight for realz.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:33 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

"OK, enough about me."

That was made to imply I was gonna start posting about others. Busy, you'll get fragments at a time. Don't go high and mighty.

Also, what defense can I give? I ask you to hold me accountable to post, is really it... if there really are other points you'd like me to address, you're going to need to let me know again.

Enough about me, let me address others in the game.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:40 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Peabody wrote:
Quilford wrote:VOTE: inHimshallibe

I'm still fine with this lynch.

My theory regarding Pine:
Tried to set a wagon in motion on Peabody (due to incriminating tracker reports) by using EA's 'nervous scum' accusation. After a while he realised it was not going to get him anywhere and might end up putting him under suspicion for tunnelling. He started tunnelling again once Peabody made more scummy posts, hoping that he would be able to get Peabody lynched. Perhaps he replaced out because at that stage it was fairly obvious that Trendall would make today's lynch?
Ummm... What? Your theory is that Pine has found incriminating tracking evidence against me, yet you vote for someone else? Not only that but you vote for someone I voted for? This doesn't make sense to me...
What's the relevance of Quilford voting for someone you voted for? Not that I approve of inHim votes.
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:59 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Erratus Apathos wrote:
crazypianist1116 wrote:After this, he replaces, Mersaniel makes a single post, and then we get inhim. His posts actually have a decent amount of scumhunting, but they lack continuity which was a result of him catching up.
That's not scumhunting, that's worthless crap. I'm not talking about the catching-up, which I didn't even bother reading because for whatever reason, replacement catch-up posts
always
have a lower signal-to-noise ratio than Glenn Beck. I'm talking about the result inHim ends up at. He called half the living players scum. That's not an exaggeration, I mean literally half. Conveniently, pretty much everyone who was a plausible lynch candidate, save for Valern, showed up on the death list. Then he never filtered the list down to a usable number. Or attacked anyone on the list. Or did anything with it at all for that matter. He just made a preposterous scumlist and sat on his ass.
I'll call a spade a spade. If I see a GG, I'm really not going to hound them. So I found all the GGs I could at the time and separated them from the pack. I'd be floored if there were more than one scum in that 6. I was willing to lynch ANYONE on the death list, get rid of the chaff. It wasn't so much listing scum as much as it was listing who wasn't town. Your convenience argument is just bullshit rhetoric.

As for what came after my list, yes, I was a complete toad on a log. We've covered that ad nauseum.
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:10 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

RangeroftheNorth wrote:

He makes a crappy post, he gets a vote. Refusing to defend himself does not somehow make you seem less scummy.
This is L-1
Lol.

Let's be quick to jump to assumptions, amirite.
Show

:

RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:56 am

inHimshallibe wrote:Alright, so my apologies. I didn't expect to be gone for the entire weekend, else I would have voted. No way to prove it, so I'll just say that one got away from me.

Basically, my slot has done next to nothing besides my catch-up work. To those calling out my methods... go suck an egg, I guess. :P I've operated that way from the beginning of time, I think. Now that I'm in the middle of the action, I hope you'll see the way things run with me are Town.

OK, enough about me.
inHimshallibe wrote:
RangeroftheNorth wrote:

This is L-1
Lol.

Let's be quick to jump to assumptions, amirite.
I wanted to wait until you had a chance to say something of substance before I voted for you. You had that chance, and you didn't say anything of substance. You didn't indicate you were immediately planning to make a more substantial post. Did I make assumptions about things you didn't actually say? Maybe, but then the post I was referring to didn't actually say anything useful.

The point I'd like you to address:
Who do you find suspicious today and why? My biggest problem is that your entire slot has been almost entirely devoid of scumhunting. You haven't changed that. Sure, you've identified some people you think might be pro-town, but other than identifying half the town as deserving to die, you haven't helped find scum at all. Despite your claims of "enough about me" meaning you were going to focus your attention on other people, that's still true. The extent of your contributions today that haven't been about you was a single question that you asked Peabody, the answer to which should have been apparent.

The other reasons I have for voting things aren't nearly easy for you to respond to: AMP's general lurking/lack of contribution and crazy's defense of you. I'm aware you can't give reasons for AMP's or crazy's actions, but both still make me very suspicious.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Peabody »

@inHim - The relevance of my question to Quilford was to point out observations of things out of the ordinary. It was a question I asked to find scum. If Quilford is scum, I do not want to neglect seeing it, so I ask questions.

I'm going to ask no one to hammer
1)until I get an answer from crazy to my questions in post 332 and 2) until I hear SOMETHING from DRK.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Peabody »

Actually, on second thought, I'm unvoting until I get responses to my questions to my case against DRK and my questions to crazy.

unvote
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Valern »

unvote

I had this big long thing written up where I was trying to justify why I voted Crazy in the first place, but if I shove my ego out of the way, it could be most succinctly explained by simply stating that my "hunch" was actually just me being a moron and I interpreted something incorrectly. <.<

I still have some things I'm keeping an eye on Crazy for, but without that "hunch" it isn't good enough for me to keep my vote there.

In related news, I've done some reflecting on the game I played with Crazy!Scum since the flip in stance on me/defending of inhim and while I'm hesitant to give much weight to meta comparisons, I never saw Crazy defend his partner in that game, and certainly not so blatantly. When the heat turned up on Crazy's partner, Crazy distanced like hell and played uber-defensively. So if inhim flips scum, I'd actually be more inclined to say Crazy is probably town based on that (but if Crazy were independently scummy meta sure as hell wouldn't be enough to sway me away from lynching him).

On the other hand, Romanus (Crazy's slot) did that thing where he inexplicably defended Lucresia (Quilford's slot) early on, so if Quilford flips scum I'd definitely take a harder look at Crazy. (And Quilford probably is scum bussing his buddy imo. I really don't have anything concrete on Quilford but there are a
lot
of things about him that really twinge my gut the wrong way.)

I'm really not liking the lurking around DRK is doing, and if it continues much longer I think we should start a wagon on her to give her some motivation to post (or she should just replace out for someone who'll be more active if she's town).

Peabody removed his vote on inhim, and since I respect his cautiousness I'm not going to hop on the inhim wagon at the moment despite all three of the players who've been in that slot being incredibly useless and anti-town and, as a result, most likely scum. But I'm definitely going to move there if his posting doesn't get a hell of a lot more useful soon.
l'enfer, c'est les autres
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by Peabody »

Valern wrote:
Peabody removed his vote on inhim, and since I respect his cautiousness I'm not going to hop on the inhim wagon at the moment despite all three of the players who've been in that slot being incredibly useless and anti-town and, as a result, most likely scum. But I'm definitely going to move there if his posting doesn't get a hell of a lot more useful soon.
Don't get me wrong. At this point, I fully intend to rejoin the inHim wagon. My cautiousness is based on the fact that I don't want the day to end without hearing from DRK (who promised to post tonight) and from crazypianist.

I think your meta of crazy!scum is actually pretty interesting. It looks like a full reversal of play from this game.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

crazypianist1116 wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:Uh what? AMP was the only one discussing theory and not scumhunting. If it's so likely to discuss only theory at that stage, why was he the only one doing it?
He's a newb maybe?
Yep, and favoring theory arguments over scumhunting is a common newbscum mistake. QED.
crazypianist1116 wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:That's not scumhunting, that's worthless crap. I'm not talking about the catching-up, which I didn't even bother reading because for whatever reason, replacement catch-up posts
always
Yeah, and hey there can be a wagon on half the players in a game on any given day.
Not all at once!
crazypianist1116 wrote:It's possible to be suspicious of more people than there are scum as not everyone is a perfect townie. Regardless, you seem to have ignored this (inevitably as a result of you not reading his posts):
inhimshallibe wrote:We ought to be lynching one of {Pine, Peabody, Lucresia, Trendall} today.
Now isn't that a usable number?
Sure, and if that was the number he concluded on, I'd give you the point. But it ain't. His long period of not scumhunting happened while he had six targets, so that's what I'm going on.
crazypianist1116 wrote:RBT got lynched for lurking.
RBT got lynched
specifically
for lurking. This is not true of the case on inHim, which also includes AMP's theory-arguing, inHim leaving his net wide open, and
the entire slot not having cast a single serious vote the entire game
. Your comparison between the RBT lynch and the inHim wagon is invalid. Thank you, come again.
inHimshallibe wrote:Enough about me, let me address others in the game.
This would be more accurate if it said "Enough about me, let me ask a single question to a single player and then go right back to talking about me."
inHimshallibe wrote:Your convenience argument is just bullshit rhetoric.
VOTE: inHimshallibe

GAAAAAAHHHHH! WHY CAN'T INHIM BE DEAD ALREADY? NOTHING PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH AS A PATIENT TOWN!
Valern wrote:In related news, I've done some reflecting on the game I played with Crazy!Scum since the flip in stance on me/defending of inhim and while I'm hesitant to give much weight to meta comparisons, I never saw Crazy defend his partner in that game, and certainly not so blatantly. When the heat turned up on Crazy's partner, Crazy distanced like hell and played uber-defensively. So if inhim flips scum, I'd actually be more inclined to say Crazy is probably town based on that (but if Crazy were independently scummy meta sure as hell wouldn't be enough to sway me away from lynching him).
Interesting, but one game isn't exactly statistically significant. Do you have any reason to believe distancing is the standard for CP's scum meta?
Do you want your possessions identified?
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Post by ICEninja »

DRK still hasn't made a content post yet this game. Let's cool it on the trigger finger there.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:34 pm

I'm going to post more when I can but inhim's last four posts are more convincing of his scumminness (not really scumhunting/only talking about personally relevant things). Peabody, I was trying defend why I thought inhim didn't deserve a lynch as a result of day 1 actions, not why I think he's town. I had a slight scum read on him at the time.
I'll answer more when I'm not about to fall asleep while typing.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:23 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Sorry about not posting last night. Fell asleep before I got around to it. If you see me posting elsewhere before I post here, you can nail me to a cross for it (post hopefully in a couple hours from now, if not, probably 5 hours).
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Peabody »

crazypianist1116 wrote:I'm going to post more when I can but inhim's last four posts are more convincing of his scumminness (not really scumhunting/only talking about personally relevant things). Peabody, I was trying defend why I thought inhim didn't deserve a lynch as a result of day 1 actions, not why I think he's town. I had a slight scum read on him at the time.
I'll answer more when I'm not about to fall asleep while typing.
I have a follow-up. Why did you have a slight scum read on him?
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

ICEninja wrote:DRK still hasn't made a content post yet this game. Let's cool it on the trigger finger there.
I don't have a gun, but if I did, I would take your advice and pull my finger off the trigger...

...BECAUSE I'D HAVE ALREADY USED UP ALL THE BULLETS BY NOW FROM SHOOTING INHIM'S SCUMMY ASS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE

I WANT INHIM DEAD NOW AND I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE

IS THAT CLEAR?
Do you want your possessions identified?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”