Newbie 1087: Welcome To The Jungle (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ajolin
ajolin
Townie
ajolin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by ajolin »

Yeah that was my bad with the correction. I was reading my post again to see if I made any mistakes and misread "unlikely" as "likely" and didn't make mention of it because I thought it would be stupid to make four posts in a row.
ajolin
ajolin
Townie
ajolin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by ajolin »

KittoMo, to my understanding, that's only in regards to the actual game. I thought it was completely fine to PM people about things that aren't ongoing game topics.
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by jindori »

Voidedmafia wrote:Xanatos is just lurking, so he's null till he gives more stuff out.

Kitty...you're REALLY got to start doing more. You're not a suspect right now, but if you keep up what you've done D1 and you'll rise.

Ray: Nothing speaks out as scum so far.

Toxic: Town so far. I haven't seen much that's dissuaded me from that yet.

So, that just leaves Jindori. ISO #34 is, like you said, full of absolute bs, he never really gave reasoning for voting twisted either (except for pressure, which imo is lame without follow-up), and his plan on D1 for lynch set-ups was just bad, bad, bad. His supposed "ploy" for the l-1 vote just doesn't sit right with me, either. His later statement of shock at the hammervote follow-up could be genuine enough, I suppose.

also, Toxic was pointing out how bad Twisted was doing in regards to my argument. Twisted was completely ignoring what my case was in the first place, and Toxic also called him out on it. And now you just did nearly the same thing I did to Ajol, except it's a misrep instead of misquote. Not cool at all.

unvote, vote: Jindori

Ajol: So you didn't hammer Twisted without letting him claim?
I didn't relise they were questions to me. But if you look at the argument from another view not your tunnel views lol you may be able to see the way i see things. I find it intreasting how you ignore the way i pointed out the connection between toxic and david. Anyway there was a diffrence between the ray was acting and toxic was acting.

The key thing was toxic was acting like he knew more. he seemed smug and like he had power not the way a new town should be acting. Thats why i veiw toxic as scum. Also voided misquotes are way scummier than a misrep, a misrep might be due to someone thinking diffrent and not even thinking of a posiblity. While a misquote is an obvious attempt at making someone else look scummy. I admit my plan was a bad move but i was basicly copying what i saw another player do in another game i was reading. I can't give you the link cause it's an ongoing game. But it saved the life of a town player, here it back fired.
It's a sin to tell a lie.
wins/loses town 0/1 scum 0/0 third party 0/0
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

jindori wrote:I didn't relise they were questions to me.
Well, if someone puts a case up against it, the natural (and usually automatic) reaction is to go out and reply and prove the case wrong.
jindori wrote:But if you look at the argument from another view not your tunnel views lol you may be able to see the way i see things.
Tunnel views? Excuse me?
jindori wrote:I find it intreasting how you ignore the way i pointed out the connection between toxic and david. Anyway there was a diffrence between the ray was acting and toxic was acting.
That was just Toxic agreeing with David from my PoV, nothing more. Why do you think that that particular interaction is notable?
jindori wrote:The key thing was toxic was acting like he knew more. he seemed smug and like he had power not the way a new town should be acting. Thats why i veiw toxic as scum.
Yet it was quite obvious that he was acting under the premise of RVS, so why would that necessarily make him be scummier?
jindori wrote:Also voided misquotes are way scummier than a misrep, a misrep might be due to someone thinking diffrent and not even thinking of a posiblity. While a misquote is an obvious attempt at making someone else look scummy. I admit my plan was a bad move but i was basicly copying what i saw another player do in another game i was reading. I can't give you the link cause it's an ongoing game. But it saved the life of a town player, here it back fired.
Maybe so, but misreps can be just as bad as misquotes in regards to lynches (note I'm NOT talking about relative scumminess, just in regards to making lynches happen).

You mean the whole lynch setup plan you had?
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by jindori »

Oh the lynch set up forgot about that wa noobish of me i did that when i had tunnel vision. Funny how your two top suspects came from that list through. Also it wasn't toxic agreeing with his point of view he used it as his reason to vote twisted with out supplying a reason of his own. That my friend is two diffrent things.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

jindori wrote: Funny how your two top suspects came from that list through.
That can happen, it just depends on how the game rolls.
jindori wrote:Also it wasn't toxic agreeing with his point of view he used it as his reason to vote twisted with out supplying a reason of his own. That my friend is two diffrent things.
I'll give you that one. it's true that he didn't do much else but vote on Twisted because he was under the rader, which is scummy in my book because I don't really endorse Lynch All Lurkers.

Also, if that wasn't what you were referring to, then what WAS it that you meant?

jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by jindori »

Yeh basicly that's what i meant. That it is pretty much what i meant in the beginning. Sorry if my posts aren't clear sometimes my written english isn't the best. But my maths is pretty good. I don't know if this helps but i am a ESFJ (Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging).
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:39 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

...I'm STILL not sure what you're talking about.

jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by jindori »

the unfluff Basicly yes that what i was reffrening to.

The fluff Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging is a personality type. There's 16 personality types everyone in the whole world can be categorized on. If you figure out what personality type the person is you can then predict there reactions.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

You are making absolutely NO sense. Start making sense.

Start by replying to #303, excluding what you've already replied to.

jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by jindori »

Voidedmafia wrote:Well, if someone puts a case up against it, the natural (and usually automatic) reaction is to go out and reply and prove the case wrong.
I didn't see much of a new case just things i already anwsered and your point of view on my anwsers.

jindori wrote:But if you look at the argument from another view not your tunnel views lol you may be able to see the way i see things.
Voidedmafia wrote:Tunnel views? Excuse me?
Basicly me saying your not looking at the bigger picture. Not taking in the fact both me and ajolin could be town. I may just of misread your posts through.

jindori wrote:I find it intreasting how you ignore the way i pointed out the connection between toxic and david. Anyway there was a diffrence between the ray was acting and toxic was acting.
Voidedmafia wrote:That was just Toxic agreeing with David from my PoV, nothing more. Why do you think that that particular interaction is notable?
Anwsered this
jindori wrote:The key thing was toxic was acting like he knew more. he seemed smug and like he had power not the way a new town should be acting. Thats why i veiw toxic as scum.
Voidedmafia wrote:Yet it was quite obvious that he was acting under the premise of RVS, so why would that necessarily make him be scummier?
When asked do you know something more his response didn't seem townie to me. I mean yes there's a chance a joke but think. Would town make that sort of joke, the i know more than you sort. It seemed to be suggestive but not evident enough. It's pretty much worthless on it's on but add on the david vote a pattern seems to be drawn in my mind.
jindori wrote:Also voided misquotes are way scummier than a misrep, a misrep might be due to someone thinking diffrent and not even thinking of a posiblity. While a misquote is an obvious attempt at making someone else look scummy. I admit my plan was a bad move but i was basicly copying what i saw another player do in another game i was reading. I can't give you the link cause it's an ongoing game. But it saved the life of a town player, here it back fired.
Voidedmafia wrote:Maybe so, but misreps can be just as bad as misquotes in regards to lynches (note I'm NOT talking about relative scumminess, just in regards to making lynches happen).
anwsered

Voidedmafia wrote:You mean the whole lynch setup plan you had?

Admit that was tunnel thinking on my part making me hypocritcal when i said it about you.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

jindori wrote:
Voidedmafia wrote:Well, if someone puts a case up against it, the natural (and usually automatic) reaction is to go out and reply and prove the case wrong.
I didn't see much of a new case just things i already anwsered and your point of view on my anwsers.
It was still a case, and ignoring cases can be seen as scummy.
jindori wrote:
Voidedmafia wrote:Tunnel views? Excuse me?
Basicly me saying your not looking at the bigger picture. Not taking in the fact both me and ajolin could be town. I may just of misread your posts through.
I don't see it that way at this point. I do have to admit that Ajol can't be scum due to the arguments presented for that, but that doesn't clear you.

As for everyone else, I've asked them questions and have asked them to give reads, yet no one has answered.
jindori wrote:
Voidedmafia wrote:Yet it was quite obvious that he was acting under the premise of RVS, so why would that necessarily make him be scummier?
When asked do you know something more his response didn't seem townie to me. I mean yes there's a chance a joke but think. Would town make that sort of joke, the i know more than you sort. It seemed to be suggestive but not evident enough. It's pretty much worthless on it's own but add on the david vote a pattern seems to be drawn in my mind.
I think I could see a townie doing that, though not often.

But where is this connection? I don't know about you, but I'm just not seeing it.
jindori wrote:
Voidedmafia wrote:Maybe so, but misreps can be just as bad as misquotes in regards to lynches (note I'm NOT talking about relative scumminess, just in regards to making lynches happen).
anwsered
Where?
jindori wrote:
Voidedmafia wrote:You mean the whole lynch setup plan you had?

Admit that was tunnel thinking on my part making me hypocritcal when i said it about you.
Uh...sure?

jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by jindori »

jindori wrote: The key thing was toxic was acting like he knew more. he seemed smug and like he had power not the way a new town should be acting. Thats why i veiw toxic as scum.
Also voided misquotes are way scummier than a misrep, a misrep might be due to someone thinking diffrent and not even thinking of a posiblity.
While a misquote is an obvious attempt at making someone else look scummy. I admit my plan was a bad move but i was basicly copying what i saw another player do in another game i was reading. I can't give you the link cause it's an ongoing game. But it saved the life of a town player, here it back fired.
That was my anwser and i believe it to be true. A misrep can be accidental. Also the thought never occured in my mind mafia might use it to set you up. That's the truth.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Very well.

everyone else: CMON, PEOPLE! GET IN HERE!

Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by Tasky »

VOTECOUNT 2.3

jindori (2/4): toxictaipan, Voidedmafia
David Xanatos (2/4): RayFrost, KittyMo
Voidedmafia (1/4): ajolin

Not voting (2): David Xanatos, jindori

Deadline is 08.05.2011 at 11:00 CET.

__

David Xanatos
has been prodded.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:23 am

Post by David Xanatos »

I may be misreading here, but is Jindori insinuating that the fact someone essentially had a "me too" moment on one of my points and voted, somehow makes me scum? o_0
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:30 am

Post by jindori »

I was saying he copied a reason from you so he could slip a vote through, and if ray someone is suspicious of you they should look at that. My point was to highlight toxic. You are still null on my read. You haven't really proven your town yet but still not scummy. The connection refers to you being the tool of toxic. Basically for the reasons i mentioned firstly.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:56 am

Post by David Xanatos »

Well given that he was my main suspect yesterday, he may have done that in order to link himself with me and deflect some suspicion.

And since people seem to be complaining about me not throwing out a vote, I'll just leave this on my current top suspect. (Uni exam tomorrow, so sue me.)

Vote: Toxic.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:10 am

Post by jindori »

Well i guess i gave enough reason to why i think toxic is scum. You can see them in my argument with voided
vote toxic.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:18 am

Post by RayFrost »

David Xanatos wrote:Well given that he was my main suspect yesterday, he may have done that in order to link himself with me and deflect some suspicion.

And since people seem to be complaining about me not throwing out a vote, I'll just leave this on my current top suspect. (Uni exam tomorrow, so sue me.)

"I'm not going to actually post content and will instead OMGUS on some dude I had suspicion of yesterday without giving a case or doing anything that even resembles an attempt at being able to contribute"

Yeah. Scum. Jinori's probable partner due to him laying out a case on toxic but waiting until david came in and gave a vote. Jinori, you shouldn't follow your scumbuddy around on votes, it makes you obvious. Individuality would've been a good idea to avoid being so obv-obv.

Guys. Jindori or David. Pick one, either one. They're both scum in the end.
don't you feel silly now?
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:31 am

Post by David Xanatos »

I'm town, and busy. Tell you what, lynch me, when I flip town, lynch Ray. Deal?
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:37 am

Post by RayFrost »

Lol. Not how it works. We lynch scum, we don't go "this guy flipped town, so you're scum for thinking he's scum and convincing us on the matter" - and that's assuming you even flip town.

Your post is as useful as your previous one except less so. At least there you actually voted (only useful thing in that post aside from the fact it reveals you're scum so we can lynch you).

Provide reads, content, reasoning. Making short lined posts with absolutely nothing at all content-wise is not pro-town. At least
try
to avoid seeming like mafia. Geezus. Game's aren't fun when scum is obv.
don't you feel silly now?
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:40 am

Post by jindori »

lol well this game most be fun for you then.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:42 am

Post by David Xanatos »

Considered that, as I've stated a couple times now, I have an exam tomorrow? I can provide you with a copy of the damned timetable should you be that pedantic. Would rather pass the exam that rise to your, rather poor, attempts to draw my attention. I've already provided my reasons for suspicion on Toxic in D1, no need to rehash it for those who can't be arsed reading.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:49 am

Post by toxictaipan »

jindori wrote:
When asked do you know something more his response didn't seem townie to me. I mean yes there's a chance a joke but think. Would town make that sort of joke, the i know more than you sort. It seemed to be suggestive but not evident enough. It's pretty much worthless on it's on but add on the david vote a pattern seems to be drawn in my mind.
Okay, answer me this: Is it more likely for a scum player to yell, "OMG HEY GUYS, I'M SCUM!"
for absolutely no reason whatsoever
at the very start of the game
, or is it more likely for a townie to joke around during the RVS of the game?
jindori wrote:Oh the lynch set up forgot about that wa noobish of me i did that when i had tunnel vision. Funny how your two top suspects came from that list through. Also it wasn't toxic agreeing with his point of view he used it as his reason to vote twisted with out supplying a reason of his own. That my friend is two diffrent things.
So... I'm not allowed to have the same reasoning as any other player in the game?
David Xanatos wrote:Well given that he was my main suspect yesterday, he may have done that in order to link himself with me and deflect some suspicion.

jindori wrote:Well i guess i gave enough reason to why i think toxic is scum. You can see them in my argument with voided
vote toxic.
I lol'd when I read this.
RayFrost wrote:

"I'm not going to actually post content and will instead OMGUS on some dude I had suspicion of yesterday without giving a case or doing anything that even resembles an attempt at being able to contribute"

Yeah. Scum. Jinori's probable partner due to him laying out a case on toxic but waiting until david came in and gave a vote. Jinori, you shouldn't follow your scumbuddy around on votes, it makes you obvious. Individuality would've been a good idea to avoid being so obv-obv.

Guys. Jindori or David. Pick one, either one. They're both scum in the end.
*E-High Five*

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”