O299 - dh's mafia game of fun amazingness, for real (gaem)

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Thor665 wrote:
don_johnson wrote:no you didn't say that. what reads did you get from your rvs vote? why do you think i don't do the same thing but in a different way?
I generate reads because I use my vote as a blunt instrument and batter people about the head with it like a soccer hooligan. You made your vote, didn't get a reaction from the guy you voted, and sat there silently not asking the guy you voted anything.
and you voted your guy, didn't ask any questions or make any comments, and then moved your vote with absolutely no reasoning attached. how is your rvs any better than mine?
thor wrote:Then you changed your vote to "even wagons".
which is a perfectly logical and justifiable reason to vote.
thor wrote:So...basically your vote did nothing, and I asked you what your vote was doing for you and your answer was 'nothing, but at some future date the stars will align and somehow a tell will develop from this' which i personally don't expect to happen - I'll be excited to see it happen if it does, but I'd be willing to put money on it as a wager because I'm that certain it won't. Please prove me wrong at this later point.
and your rvs vote did...? nothing as well. which makes your argument entirely hypocritical. so, from your perspective, any vote that doesn't "get reactions" is useless? and votes that are "useless" are "scummy"? please tell me where you're going with this. and yes, the thread is valuable in hindsight. once you have a scumflip, or a couple townflips, or whatever combination of flips you get, going back to reread the thread is a pretty popular method of scumhunting, so i will stand by my statement that rvs can be beneficial later in the game.
thor wrote:
don_johnson wrote:if you think unreasoned votes are scummy, then why are you content to let almost the entire sparx wagon slide without so much as offering opinions? you are a walking contradiction in that respect. but whatever.
Other than you deciding I must agree with Elsa's accusation on you - where is my contradiction? Please try to use words I've actually said.
you claim that my rvs vote did nothing and that this is somehow bad. yet your rvs vote did nothing. so is yours like mine or not?
thor wrote:
don_johnson wrote:elsa cherry picked the bolded and ignored the context of the statement. so i clarified what i meant. in fact, this post is entirely consistent with my "clarification". if you disagree, then please explain all of your unreasoned votes today and why they shouldn't be seen as scummy. see how that works. its called logic. you can't have it both ways.
1. I do disagree that it's entirely consistent. You went from unreasoned votes are not scummy and scummy votes involve BS logic to - unreasoned votes 'can' be scummy but this one isn't. That's a change of tune. It might be a clarification, but it might be scummy backtracking, and I know which I feel was there more than the other.
agree to disagree. any vote
can
be scummy. context matters. a change of tune would have been saying "unreasoned votes are not scummy", and then saying "unreasoned votes are scummy." i'm still working in the same line of reasoning. but whatever. you obviously have your mind made up.
thor wrote:2. I don't think I've made an unreasoned vote since maybe my first few games, but your definition of what a scummy vote is defined as is drastically different from how I would define a scummy vote and also has changed somewhat, so I'd like to make sure I understand your question so I can answer it properly. I'm going to work through this a bit;
start with explaining your first two votes in this game, neither of which had a reason attached to them.
thor wrote:You appear to define "unreasoned" as lacking a reason to vote - which doesn't even pare up with your own actions as you had a reason.
correct. but my reason was not the type of "reason" that was being asked for.
thor wrote:I guess you mean unreasoned is lacking a developed case?
no. "unreasoned" is a vote without a reason attached. my vote had a reason. it just wasn't the type of "reason" that was being asked for, which is what you are now defining as "reason". in other words, i may have mispoke, but it then becomes a semantics argument.
thor wrote:I don't see any issue with lacking a developed case to vote, and have never said as much, and I don't see why me disagreeing with the scumminess of your wordplay has to do with me justifying votes that lack a developed case. That's sort of like telling me - oh, you hate milk? Then stop drinking orange juice! Yeah, they're both liquids that people can drink but...
Double check your logic and get back to me on this one. You lost me and you still look scummy.
if you read elsa iso 12, i believe that is what spurred most of this discussion. so let's start over:

what is your issue with my posting? is it that i am not elaborating enough. i see where your issue is now, our definition of "reason" and i realize i may have misspoke, but my "logic" is sensible:

evening wagons is a perfectly ok "reason" to vote on day 1. agree or disagree?

votes without "reasons"(however you choose to define "reason") must be read in context in order to determine whether or not they are scummy. agree or disagree?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

VOTE COUNT
Day 1 Vote Count (#7)

Sparx - 6 (iamausername, Debonair Danny Dipietro, TheJakalope, Quaroath, Quilford, Elsa von Spielburg) L-1
Elsa von Spielburg - 4 (Thor665, chkflip, Sparx, don_johnson) L-3
TheJakalope - 1 (ThAdmiral)
ThAdmiral - 1 (Amrun)

Not voting - 0

The deadline for Day 1 is April 23rd, 6:00 PM EDT. With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 6 to No Lynch.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by Thor665 »

don_johnson wrote:so i will stand by my statement that rvs can be beneficial later in the game.
Oh, RVS certainly is. Your vote...not so much.
don_johnson wrote:start with explaining your first two votes in this game, neither of which had a reason attached to them.
You functionally asked this question three times - I'm answering this one as the most 'complete' of the questions. I do find the way my RVS worked to be different from yours.

Vote 1 - I am the first player posting in the game, I place a vote on a player, my intent is to start a bandwagon on someone in order to bring the game out of RVS.
Vote 2 - Now with other votes out there I bandwagon on the very first vote that isn't on me. I have now created a wagon and a situation for people to respond to so I can get reads on them as well as the player I'm voting.
don_johnson wrote:no. "unreasoned" is a vote without a reason attached. my vote had a reason. it just wasn't the type of "reason" that was being asked for, which is what you are now defining as "reason". in other words, i may have mispoke, but it then becomes a semantics argument.
Oh boy...you do realize now that your "clarification" now includes two different definitions for reason, don't you? Double check the meaning of clarification and get back to me (but, in all honesty, don't, I don't want any more clarification on this topic)
don_johnson wrote:what is your issue with my posting? is it that i am not elaborating enough. i see where your issue is now, our definition of "reason" and i realize i may have misspoke, but my "logic" is sensible:
My issue was the engines reverse "oh, let me clarify, it's not quite what you thought I meant" answer.
I'll also now add to this that in your responses to me you're now indicating that Elsa was misrepping you by taking things out of context. Your 'here's a clarification' is not the answer I would expect if that's what you thought she was doing.
Both of the above showcase how you keep changing and fluttering around in your story and the perceptions you want others to have, and that is what I'm calling scummy. Nothing more, nothing less...well, a little more for the RVS vote sidelining/lack of scumhunting, but those two things are the only 'more' to my issues with you.
don_johnson wrote:evening wagons is a perfectly ok "reason" to vote on day 1. agree or disagree?
Depends. I generally accept that competing wagons are good. I do find the washing of one's hands of needing to actually call one of the wagons kind of scummy as well. I'm not fond of the play in general, but speciically if I didn't already have an issue with you as a player I think is avoiding giving reads and scumhunting I would probably not find it scummy.
don_johnson wrote:votes without "reasons"(however you choose to define "reason") must be read in context in order to determine whether or not they are scummy. agree or disagree?
The way *I* define reason - no votes are without reason, and all votes do need to be read in context to discover scum/town motivations to them.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

vote: sparx

I'm so bored of the argument posts between thor and don. And if sparx is not going to come in and defend himself than he can die.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

VOTE COUNT
Day 1 Vote Count (#8)

Sparx - 7 (iamausername, Debonair Danny Dipietro, TheJakalope, Quaroath, Quilford, Elsa von Spielburg, ThAdmiral)
Elsa von Spielburg - 4 (Thor665, chkflip, Sparx, don_johnson)
ThAdmiral - 1 (Amrun)

Not voting - 0

A lynch has been reached. Flavor and flip coming. Everyone but Sparx may talk.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

FLAVORSparx was lynched today
In seven pages, that's all
Haikus are real neat

Sparx has been lynched Day 1. She was
Mafia

Deadline for Night 1 will be Wednesday, April 20th, at 10:00 AM EDT.
[/b]

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:03 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

FLAVORThor was a town doctor who was killed last night.

Sad news. Nothing to worry about, however. Old doctors never really die. They just lose their patience.

ill just shut up now and go back to modding

Thor665 has been killed Night 1. He was a
Town Doctor

Deadline for Day 2 will be Wednesday, May 4th, at Noon EDT.
[/b]

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:04 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

VOTE COUNT
Day 2 Vote Count (#1)

Not voting - 10 (Everyone)

Deadline is Wednesday, May 4th at Noon, EDT. With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch and 5 to No Lynch.

You want this one.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:08 am

Post by Quilford »

... what was Sparx's actual role?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:44 am

Post by iamausername »

Quilford wrote:... what was Sparx's actual role?
We don't get to know, part of the setup.

VOTE: chkflip

Obviously. Amrun is probably town, btw.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Elsa von Spielburg »

Seconded. Very little content, distancing Sparx, lazy vote on my wagon, and gave one of those scummy "o rite, catching up soon" posts that never yields catching up or analysis. "Active lurking" is the word you humans use?

Vote: chkflip
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:18 am

Post by Amrun »

I wasn't aware that c9++ hid abilities with flips...

Tgat jump off the sparx wagon was terrible.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:chkflip is quite obviously scum with Sparx; see how he sprints away from that vote to kill the wagon at first opportunity. This game is too easy sometimes.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:04 am

Post by Amrun »

Wait, this is going too fast! I at least want to hear what he says before we quicklynch him.

We need some more interaction to work with for tomorrow.

If I remember my c9++ correctly, there is 3 scum (is it possible that there are more/less?) with a 50% possibility of an SK.

At this rate, even if we catch Sparx + chkflip back-to-back, we have little to work with for the third. I don't want to go back to square one for the third mafia member, because finding an SK can be tough -- though, hopefully, given the number of flips, we don't have an SK.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:12 am

Post by Amrun »

Sparx wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:chkflip is quite obviously scum with Sparx; see how he sprints away from that vote to kill the wagon at first opportunity. This game is too easy sometimes.
DDDP - you have a good point....I don't know why he changed his mind. I think he is trying to throw people off.

Thor665 wrote:My answer is Elsa - Elsa and TheJakalope.

Reason for Elsa - 'woe is me' post after having some votes on her. As though ending the RVS ever doesn't involve either starting a wagon on somebody or on yourself...
unvote:DDDP
Vote:Elsa

I am with Thor on Elsa. She seemed to jump quickly to defensive mode.

BUUUUUT

I am I think chkflp is still to be suspected.

Just double-checking things, since chkflip and Sparx both voted back-to-back to put Elsa at L-1 and this made me uneasy about them as a pair.

But holy shit, chkflip is almost definitely scum with Sparx and Elsa is obviously not.
Sparx wrote:Elsa, you took chkflip's comment personally. That comments was directed towards everyone. I thought I explained my reasoning in my previous post.

My apologies.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:07 am

Post by don_johnson »

I would imagine at least one scum will be found off the wagon. Thor was my suspect with his fence sit. I'll have to reread.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Amrun »

Yes, probably at LEAST 1 is off the wagon, probably 2. Your point being?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

TheJakalope
TheJakalope
Goon
TheJakalope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:36 am

Post by TheJakalope »

Yeah, Elsa's town, It looks like chkflip is scum. VOTE: chkflip

One more for the hammer, he should probably be allowed to defend himself at least once before someone hammers, maybe claim.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Amrun »

Why did you just put him at L-1 before he even posted?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

TheJakalope
TheJakalope
Goon
TheJakalope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:45 am

Post by TheJakalope »

Why did DDP put him at L-2 when he hadn't even posted? As long as I'm not hammering, he still has a chance to speak, and if someone hammers before he has a chance, we know they're likely scum.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Quaroath »

For the record I feel saying viewing jackalope as conftown for the time being. At work on the phone playing. More later.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Amrun »

But he can self-hammer as scum and give us NOTHING, jackalope.

UNVOTE: chkflip
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

TheJakalope
TheJakalope
Goon
TheJakalope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:06 am

Post by TheJakalope »

I apologize for sounding nooby , but what's conftown?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Amrun »

confirmed town.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by Quaroath »

iamausername wrote:
Quilford wrote:... what was Sparx's actual role?
We don't get to know, part of the setup.

Obviously. Amrun is probably town, btw.

why? re: Amrun

And yeah, pretty sure chk is in need of some rope.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!

Return to “Completed Open Games”