ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:16 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

DarthYoshi wrote:I held my fire about this in the dead QT, but...this was a really unpleasant game to play in for me. Not because I was wagoned--I did indeed purposely try to appear a bit scummy, but I thought after a point that it was blatantly obvious to anyone really reading the thread that Vordark and I were two bickering townies--but the sheer amounts of vitriol that were in this game, and what a lot of people seemed to be quarrel over were personality differences, not alignment differences. I resisted the temptation to replace out several times.

Imp, thanks for modding. I know I'm ripping on not having a good time and whatnot, but none of that is on you. You did a good job here.
Though I can't say I didn't like the game (it wasn't my most pleasant game ever, but I still liked it a bit), I agree with it.

Dead QT
Umbrage wrote:My vote for the kill is ConSpiracy. He's considered town by pretty much everyone, plus he's lurking slightly, which screams PR to me.
WUT! Me wasn't lurking at all! Me is sad...
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Krazy »

Krazy wrote:Why didn't you guy announce the win during twilight? That was sort of random.
I had like 5 minutes before I had to leave, and I wanted to have flavor/etc.
Last edited by implosion on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
vote conspiracy
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Regfan »

Krazy - I was worried that there would be some form of mechanic twist or a vote not counted so I didn't want to risk it.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Krazy »

I wouldn't have voted unless I wasn't literally checking the thread every 10 seconds. All I did was turn off "showing online status." I was just ITCHING for someone to try a blitz. AND THEY FUCKING DID. It took me less than three minutes to unvote, DURING WHICH TIME UMBRAGE WAS TYPING A POST.

I had it down to pod person, or THE ENTIRE REMAINING SCUMTEAM, based purely on a lylo gambit. Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have had to rely on that, and I'm not sure I wouldn't have ended up voting pod person anyway, but fuck.
vote conspiracy
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Umbrage »

Hm... what to say about this game?

Honestly, I think this was a really easy game to win. Xtoxm's claim gave me an out for D1, the no-lynch/claiming bullshit got me through D2, pod person hammered quickly D3, and from there it was smooth sailing. (Although, I would like to take the moment to brag about my PERFECT kill choices!)

I have no idea why everyone thought I was town. I figured I was dead the first day.

Despite the claims and hammers and other shit, in my opinion town's main problem was with bickering. I get the feeling Krazy and Ythan could've won this game on their own if they cooperated. And the whole Abelcain/Vordark/DarthYoshi arguing back and forth meant Regfan and I could slip under the radar easily. Not to mention all the shouting I did D2 was one big diversion that worked better than could've hoped.

So, less bickering coupled with more perspective and we wouldn't have stood a chance.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Umbrage »

Krazy wrote:I wouldn't have voted unless I wasn't literally checking the thread every 10 seconds. All I did was turn off "showing online status." I was just ITCHING for someone to try a blitz. AND THEY FUCKING DID. It took me less than three minutes to unvote, DURING WHICH TIME UMBRAGE WAS TYPING A POST.

I had it down to pod person, or THE ENTIRE REMAINING SCUMTEAM, based purely on a lylo gambit. Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have had to rely on that, and I'm not sure I wouldn't have ended up voting pod person anyway, but fuck.
@ Regfan: THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I DIDN'T VOTE.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Amrun »

I individually suspect you, Umbrage. If I hadn't been so SURE Abelcain was scum, I would have been on YOUR case.

But I really, truly thought AC was scum and that he wasn't likely to be scum WITH you.

Fuck it. :(
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Krazy »

Umbrage wrote: Despite the claims and hammers and other shit, in my opinion town's main problem was with bickering. I get the feeling Krazy and Ythan could've won this game on their own if they cooperated. And the whole Abelcain/Vordark/DarthYoshi arguing back and forth meant Regfan and I could slip under the radar easily. Not to mention all the shouting I did D2 was one big diversion that worked better than could've hoped.

So, less bickering coupled with more perspective and we wouldn't have stood a chance.

Well, your WIFOMy RAGECAPSING every damn post was a serious distraction as well.

In regard to Ythan:

-I successfully identified that his play was significantly different this game than his play as a vanilla town. If he had been pushed to L-1 and claimed D2, then honestly I think town would have ended up lynching you, Umbrage. I had no way of knowing whether he was a town PR or scum; but as your own scum QT indicates, he was less appealing as a nightkill N1 as a result of my blitz on him. When the game started, I had no idea that Ythan played town PRs by dumbtelling+tunneling.

I honestly have no idea how Umbrage wasn't policy lynched D1. I am trying not to rage too hard this post, but all I can say is: Xtoxm. Umbrage passed over the surface of town players who literally just fucking gave up. This, quite frankly, was terrible. I was sort of thinking Umbrage might be town D1, mostly because I was worried the wagon on him came from too many players too unified too quickly to have EVERYONE on it be town, and even if it did I still wanted to look around for his team. I guess I fucked up there. At least I was right about his team though: one was in the lurkers and the other was a semi/active lurker. If Xtoxm had replaced out instead of SUICIDING, this would have been a very different game.

In short:

D1 had a terrible ending.
D2 was terrible.
D3 was terrible.

I know my hands are not clean of the issues in this game, but I think we can all agree it was pretty much just terrible.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Krazy »

Krazy wrote:
Krazy wrote:Why didn't you guy announce the win during twilight? That was sort of random.
I had like 5 minutes before I had to leave, and I wanted to have flavor/etc.

I meant Regfan and Umbrage.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by Krazy »

By this was a terrible game, I do mean we all played terribly; but thanks for hosting and putting up with our nonsense anyway imp, as you moderated it well :P
vote conspiracy
Abelcain
Abelcain
Goon
Abelcain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by Abelcain »

Heheh. Son of a
bitch

Umbrage,
this is just a question for my peace of mind, because of how sure this made me think you were town. Did you really think that my no-lynch plan was scummier than a lynch that day? Were you arguing against it because you realized it was a better plan, or because you actually thought it was scummy and arguing against it would score you town points? If you were town, would you have analyzed my idea more instead of (what looked like from my point of view) throwing a tantrum about it?

Regfan,
I noticed that we had similar playstyles too, more than once. (One thing that freaked me out was when we both posted the exact same sentence to declare that we had no counterclaims at the beginning of D3.) You were fun to play with.

Krazy
and
Ythan,
please don't play games together anymore. Your personal problems cause a lot of distractions, regardless of your alignments. I feel like you both could've played a lot better if you weren't dealing with each other so much.

Xtoxm
and
pod person,
just... ugh. Terrible play on both of your parts.

ConSpiracy,
I once again bow in deference to your vig play.

implosion,
you were a great mod. Thanks for running a setup like this.

Everyone,
seriously a good game. Yeah, play may have sucked in multiple directions from just about everyone, but it was still fun and I think that's what really counts in the end. I'd like to play with most of you again, if we ever run into each other.

I really wish I was mafia or a PR in this game... I have yet to be a non-VT...
"We're killing Abel, he is - by far - the town with the most brain cells rattling around in his noggin. It will be happytime awesome dance to have him dead and gone." -Thor665
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Krazy »

Abelcain wrote:
Krazy
and
Ythan,
please don't play games together anymore. Your personal problems cause a lot of distractions, regardless of your alignments. I feel like you both could've played a lot better if you weren't dealing with each other so much.

I actually respect Ythan quite a bit, and would much rather play with him again than some other players from this game whom I won't name at the moment. I don't think he should spend so time much downplaying my position as "awful tunneltown" when I've correctly assessed that he's not a VT, but I do think that his reads are generally pretty good.
vote conspiracy
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by implosion »

Thank you for the complements.

*awkward silence*
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by Ythan »

I enjoy the way I play.

Krazy, are you saying that you weren't tunneling because I was...a town PR?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by Krazy »

Well, Ythan, at least you were alive while I was tunneling you, if I did.
vote conspiracy
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by Ythan »

Krazy wrote:if I did
lol
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by Krazy »

I'm glad your play this game was flawless, Ythan.
vote conspiracy
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by Ythan »

Someone is deflecting lul.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by Krazy »

Gee Ythan, why don't we pick a fight in the postgame? SOUNDS LIKE FUN.

I "tunneled" you day 1 which kept you alive until day 2.

As a result of my "tunnel" on you, you voted Umbrage, who was scum, and I voted TheBigLebowski, who was scum.

As a result of suggesting we look at lurking players, AbelCain voted Quaroath, who was also scum.

Instead of pursuing a case on Umbrage that would be compelling, you chose to deflect any prodding that came from me. As a result of your deflection:
-Umbrage, shockingly enough, wasn't lynched.
-You pretty much outed yourself as a power role, since your town-play made no sense.

I wouldn't say I was tunneling you because my view of other players had nothing to do with you. However, by presenting myself as tunneling on you, I drew out lurking players who took the opportunity to snipe, including both Quaroath and TheBigLebowski.

Ythan, you got yourself night-killed this game as a power-role, pretty much because you were obviously a power role. Your weak as shit case on Umbrage had absolutely 0 traction and you presented it poorly. You want to point fingers? I would point mine at other players before you, but you sure can't wash your hands clean here.

But yes, I'm deflecting, because I'm really so worried about my play/image here after outing the entire scum team in 5-way lylo.
vote conspiracy
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by Ythan »

Lol wall. Game's over Krazy. If you don't care about your image then chill out.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Ladies, stop the fighting there's enough of me to share.

In all honestly, you two played reasonably well so the bickering really is pointless. Just avoid playing with each other in the future.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:44 pm

Post by Ythan »

Thanks for the great advice Duplicity I'll be sure to remember that.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:49 pm

Post by Krazy »

Why are you calling me out if you don't want a fight?

Oh, it's because "someone's deflecting." I guess you were right after all.
vote conspiracy
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by Ythan »

I can feel the rage from here.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by Krazy »

Duplicity, the bickering was always pointless. It's just because we're lovers, don't you know?

Want to guess which one's the pitcher and which one's the catcher?
vote conspiracy

Return to “Completed Open Games”