Newbie 1076: Day Three

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by Olinea »

Glass wrote:@OLI
So you pretty much have the game figured out? What is stopping you from voting?
Excuse me?

When did I ever claim to have the game figured out?

Also, thanks for trying to goad me into rushing a LyLo vote. Keep it up.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Otolia »

Remember Oli that we (Glass, you and me) seemed to have the same scumteam. I don't think that is a coincidence.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by Glass »

Asking a question = goading?
Oli wrote:When did I ever claim to have the game figured out?
Oli wrote:I can't see myself voting for Otolia and Glass is, yeah, pretty damn Town.
So what other options are there oli?
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by Olinea »

Glass wrote:Asking a question = goading?
Oli wrote:When did I ever claim to have the game figured out?
Oli wrote:I can't see myself voting for Otolia and Glass is, yeah, pretty damn Town.
So what other options are there oli?
My reads aren't settled, you know. I'm not rushing a LyLo vote... I've been on the receiving end of a rushed LyLo vote and I'd rather it not end that way again. I see it as goading since you're misinterpreting my statement of who my current scumpicks are and making it seem like I've asserted it as fact and not liable to change.

I'll try to get a re-read in after a bit of homework (urgh, homework on a Friday night... yay for lollege). We'll see.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:18 pm

Post by MrBump »

Otolia wrote:I already covered the reason why I hammered silavor. To get knowledge. Honestly silavor was not that pro-town to justify me saving his ass when he wasn't posting enough nor showed willingness to make up for the flaking of his replacee. I proposed the lynch to see if Mr. Bump would jump to silavor immediately. He did, and that showed a great opportunism. In fact, I am pretty he is scum now, which was scummy.

And the slip was :
Mr. Bump wrote:No. The point is, someone who plays scummy is generally scum. :P
Glass wrote:I don't know if I should consider what bump said to be backpedaling or not since his post was so insane. idk wtf oto is talking about though.
Are you guuys
reeeaaally
missing it THAT HARD?

If someone is scummy.
They are usually scum.
That is how you catch scum in Mafia.
If you say "I SUCKED AS TOWN THIS GAME", does that clear you as town? No, you sucked as town because you're scummy, and
being scummy generally means you're scum.

What, do we just lynch the most ProTown players there are or something? NO. God dammit people, this is LYLO, we don't need to blindly misrep.

Anywho, Otolia's reason for hammering Silavor is quite funny. He explains off basically every one of his scummy actions (if my memory serves me correctly) as some sort of gambit, and he wanted to see if I'd hammer. I only said like, 384897385 times I'd be willing to kill either him or Silavor.

I'm really going to have to run/fly to dat Engrand now,
so I'll be back on Tuesday!
I'll try to get a post or two in.
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Post by Otolia »

I really like the fallacy you are building. Sucking as town means sucking as town. Nothing else. Don't try to convolute around the sentence in order to get something out of it, that's rather pointless.

Furthermore notice how Mr. Bump use the formulation "clear you as town". Usually the suspects are the scum they are the one who need to be cleared. Someone else find the formulation strange ?
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Olinea »

MrBump wrote: Are you guuys
reeeaaally
missing it THAT HARD?

If someone is scummy.
They are usually scum.
That is how you catch scum in Mafia.
If you say "I SUCKED AS TOWN THIS GAME", does that clear you as town? No, you sucked as town because you're scummy, and

What, do we just lynch the most ProTown players there are or something? NO. God dammit people, this is LYLO, we don't need to blindly misrep.
you sucked as town because you're scummy
you sucked as town
sucked as town
town

generally means you're scum.
means you're scum.
you're scum.

You... keep making conflicting statements. And you're misrepping Otolia when you say Otolia's "I sucked as Town" and proceed to back it up with that, you keep saying Otolia played a bad game as Town but is actually scum. So, which is it?
GreyICE:
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Glass »

I think that what bump is saying is that "sucking at being town" insinuates that he is mafia trying to be town, which is just... no.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:37 am

Post by Hoppster »

@ Glass: Why did you only ask Olinea why he hasn't voted and not Otolia?
Otolia wrote:Funny Otolia's fact, we are 3 to think that a Mr. Bump/Hoppster scumteam is the most likely. And those two are on me.
Otolia wrote:Remember Oli that we (Glass, you and me) seemed to have the same scumteam. I don't think that is a coincidence.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Glass »

...wtf? Those quotes have nothing to do with anything hoppster.

I didn't ask oto because he didn't indicate that he thought that me and oli were town?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Glass wrote:...wtf? Those quotes have nothing to do with anything hoppster.

I didn't ask oto because he didn't indicate that he thought that me and oli were town?
It's a pretty obvious implication. >>

"LOOK HERE I THINK THESE TWO PEOPLE ARE SCUM!"
"HEY, HEY, I THINK THESE TWO PEOPLE ARE THE SCUMTEAM!"

Obvious implication being everybody else is town. Not to mention how he is buddying with the other two people (with a less obvious implication of them likely being town-reads).

If you're not allowing obvious implications, then in your quote of Olinea he didn't explicitly say he thought Otolia was town.

Repeatedly harking on about a pair you think to be the scum-team is not significantly further from an "I'VE FIGURED THE GAME OUT!" attitude than "Oh, I'm probably not going to vote this dude and this other guy is town".
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Otolia »

Funny though that we are three to have the same reads. If I thought I had the game figured out, I would already voted. You are making a poor case. Remember that we are in LyLo, so yes, our job as town is to find out who are in the scum team.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:21 pm

Post by Glass »

No it isn't hoppster. Oto said that he thinks that hopp-bump is the most likely scumteam. That in no way means that he has a town read on me and oli (although I can sort of tell he has a town read on me, oli I am not sure of). And the second quote you posted oto actually said after I questioned oli and I feel that it is oto questioning his reads since it is strange that all 3 of us would have the same scumteam in mind.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:17 am

Post by MrBump »

Just popping in for a quick post. I'm trying to say, when someone is scummy, they are generally scum. It's not rocket science >_>
I think Otolia's Maf, and his constant "I sucked as town this game" excuses are rather horrible.

I may try to post a bigger thing later, have to go now :P
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Olinea »

Glass, if your scumreads are Hoppster/Bump, why did you choose me before them in the massclaim order?
GreyICE:
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

No prods are needed. Better activity is suggested.
Don't think you all need a votecount, though.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Glass »

@Oli
Who said my scumreads were bump-hopp when I wanted you to claim?

Now a question of my own.
Your reads in oto are rather odd, you did not ICE as I recall (saying that he was not playing to his town meta, etc) and I may have misinterpreted it but you seemed to support the idea that if oto did not have the entire pm that ICE sent him he was scum. So why do you have such a strong town read on him?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Glass »

really tempted to just vote hoppster to actually get activity.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:25 am

Post by Otolia »

Spoiler: Mr. Bump's votes :
#1 : Vote
Common Man
Glass
#15&20 : Vote Otolia & Confirmvote Otolia.
#28 : Hammer
Sakako

#44 : Vote
Kagetora

#55&57 : Vote Otolia & Confirmvote Otolia.
#58 : Vote
Kagetora
#75 : Vote Otolia.
#79 : Vote
Silavor
after propose to hammer him.

#14 contain this pearl :
MrBump wrote:[...] Glass is not Common Man. Glass is as town as a very town thing.

[...]

Darkie
is town.
Olinea is town.
Glass is TOWN.

And everybody else must be scum because the game's unbalanced. wut
Did he just say he is scum with Hoppster ?

Everyone except me and
CM
Glass (early wagon with unvoted as soon as the replacement come in) are either dead AND confirmed town. What a great scumhunter ... He did vote for me numerous time but never pushed hard enough for me to get lynched so questions for everyone : Why am I still alive if I am scum and same if I am town ? Would you have voted for me during the vote (and you decide to go for someone else) ? If yes why ?[/spoiler]

I can't even do one for Hoppster because the only thing he did was to vote for me last day.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Olinea »

Glass wrote:@Oli
Who said my scumreads were bump-hopp when I wanted you to claim?

Now a question of my own.
Your reads in oto are rather odd, you did not ICE as I recall (saying that he was not playing to his town meta, etc) and I may have misinterpreted it but you seemed to support the idea that if oto did not have the entire pm that ICE sent him he was scum. So why do you have such a strong town read on him?
~If your scumreads were Bump-Hopp, you would have selected one of them to go first in the massclaim order. The earlier scum claims, the more limited they are in their claiming possibilities due to the possibility of PRs being pushed to the back of the queue.

~Because Otolia
does
have the entire PM, and it matches GreyICE's writing style
way
more than Otolia's, in my opinion. I can go read GreyICE scum meta (Otolia, can you link me that game where GreyICE replaced for you?) because I'm not sure I've ever seen it, but from Town games of his I
have
observed (Mayo Clinic, Lovers) his play in this game seemed
much
less active and more "ho hum, I caught scum, you can sheep me... or not, that's chill". A lot of evidence pointing towards my Otolia Town read is that PM -- GreyICE theoretically
could
have faked it but I'm much more inclined to think he did write the entire thing. And, as I explained before, (and seconded by Otolia) I think his unpredictable behavior was because he didn't want to end up in LyLo. Now that he's here and that's not changing, you'll notice he's much calmer and analytical -- take a look at the post above me, for example.
GreyICE:
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Glass »

oli wrote:If your scumreads were Bump-Hopp, you would have selected one of them to go first in the massclaim order.
Indeed. You answered your own question.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:47 am

Post by Otolia »

You will find my finished game in my poor wiki page.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Hoppster »

Just a quick post which I may elaborate on tomorrow morning if I have time:

I would like everybody to say who they would have killed each night so far if they were scum, and why.

Don't take into account a scumbuddy: assume all other players are town.

Your N1 kill can only be from people alive at the end of D1, N2 from people alive at the end of D2, etc.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Otolia »

Yeah why not ? Let's add more WIFOM to the game.

You and Mr. Bump go first.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Glass »

Too much info i would need to process for absolutely no benefit. If me saying who I would have killed as scum will actually help in some way I might consider it, but it seems rather pointless to me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”