Newbie 1076: Day Three

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Olinea »

Probably would have gone Darkie ---> chkflip.

Perhaps it's because I had some gut scum read on Darkie D2, but I would have likely seen him as somebody who wouldn't garner night protection but not easily able to have a lynch pushed on him -- I could also have seen him as a PR, since he was kinda in the background and almost no discussion revolved around him. chkflip if only because of his experience, plus he looked pretty dang Town too.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Post by MrBump »

Otolia wrote:#1 : Vote
Common Man
Glass
#15&20 : Vote Otolia & Confirmvote Otolia.
#28 : Hammer
Sakako

#44 : Vote
Kagetora

#55&57 : Vote Otolia & Confirmvote Otolia.
#58 : Vote
Kagetora
#75 : Vote Otolia.
#79 : Vote
Silavor
after propose to hammer him.

#14 contain this pearl :
MrBump wrote:[...] Glass is not Common Man. Glass is as town as a very town thing.

[...]

Darkie
is town.
Olinea is town.
Glass is TOWN.

And everybody else must be scum because the game's unbalanced. wut
Did he just say he is scum with Hoppster ?

Everyone except me and
CM
Glass (early wagon with unvoted as soon as the replacement come in) are either dead AND confirmed town. What a great scumhunter ... He did vote for me numerous time but never pushed hard enough for me to get lynched so questions for everyone : Why am I still alive if I am scum and same if I am town ? Would you have voted for me during the vote (and you decide to go for someone else) ? If yes why ?

I can't even do one for Hoppster because the only thing he did was to vote for me last day.
Otolia, you're trying too hard. "Did he just say he is scum with Hoppster"- HELL NO, you're trying too hard for a pathetic case and I'm getting really sick and tired of you tunnelling on me. Every single scummy thing you've done can be thrown out the window because, what, you're a perfect player? Calling me a bad scumhunter is so hypocritical I don't even know where to start.
You have not scumhunted ONCE. Okay, maybe once on Olinea in Day Two, but anyway :P. You blindly stuck by Grey's scumread on Olinea, have voted Sakako purely to avoid a No Lynch, said your top scumread was Olinea Day Two, so you went back and said a few of his posts. THEN, you blindly hammered whoever me and Glass said, then had the nerve to say that I voted him without thinking, and I'm a bad scumhunter?

Otolia, what the HELL do you think this is? I have tried to scumhunt, I have tried to lynch correctly, to WIN THIS DAMNED GAME. Do you think I'm like "OH, ANOTHER MISLYNCH, WHO CARES LET'S SCUMHUNT BADLY TOMORROW"? NO.

Anyway, seeing how I'm back from lovely England (which was a very pleasant holiday, by the way), I have time to write a bigger post. Guess who it'll be about!
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Post by MrBump »

Also, I like the way Otolia doesn't "green" himself on his ISO of my votes, when FHPOV I must have voted only town :P
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:12 am

Post by Otolia »

MrBump wrote:Also, I like the way Otolia doesn't "green" himself on his ISO of my votes, when FHPOV I must have voted only town :P
You went to england but still can't read. I didn't write my name in green. I'm not trying too hard. You are scummy and so I am but I don't try to escape it. If you think I am scum then go ahead and vote for me but I don't think you will because you are scum and scum don't vote first in LyLo. It may be hypocritical for me to say that you are a bad scumhunter BUT I can live with the fact that I screwed up in this game, you still try to protect yourself from what you have done. If you were town, you would try to go back to what you have done and understand how we end up in MyLo.

I am fairly sure you are scum with Hoppster but since this [censored otherwise it will be a flame war] of a player did nothing except voted me since he replaced for DBE who did also nothing. You buddied Glass the whole game, and certain post of yours were common newbie scumtell. But they don't prove anyhting so it's mostly my guts that tell me your are a lying scum.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:26 am

Post by MrBump »

Gonna take every one of Otolia's posts that I find scummy in any way, even a tiny way. Little things add up...

Post #6
Otolia wrote:Creepy avatar is a good way to get lynched. And what if I vote to lynch you Sakako ?
Threatening to lynch one vote into the game. What town DOES that?

Post #58
Otolia wrote:
chkflip wrote:
Common
:
- Which part of the world do you hail from?

- How many games of mafia have you played before?
I'm french and thus no native english speaker. I then suggest you that you keep speaking a understandable english and not some slang from wherever you might be born, because I won't learn that to please you.

Many IRL, one on this website.
chkflip wrote:
Otolia
:
- So you don't recommend un-voting, nor do you recommend a No Lynch. What
do
you recommend?
Freespeech country ? Anyone ? Mind your own business !
This is an English-speaking forum, you can't shout at people for speaking... English. I'm sorry, but it's true. It means "Where do you come from", unless you were warning people in advance not to speak slang, because ye'no ah was plannin' on goin' all Oirish on ye's hi.

Secondly, "Mind your own business" when asked about how to lynch. What.

Post #64
Otolia wrote:I had fun, not enough to justify continuing foolishly in this direction though. Thanks for your replies everyone. I was merely attempting to bring some conversation in this boring D1. Don't hate it on the french ;) he'd already given up. Moving on because none of us looked good there.

As for your question, chkflip, I frankly don't know what do answer. I personaly hate RVS, and I don't find RQS any better. And because I'm not a genius I didn't find any other option, I have to bear it like anyone else. But that doesn't mean I have to participate actively by casting votes upon everyone. That's the way I play in Day 1 nothing more to add.

PS : No I wasn't confused.
As soon as he's called out, he shrugs it off basically as a test and "Oh this is how I always play". I find that scum will make mistakes then say something like "Oh yeah that was a test you fell for!" or something along those lines. I do it myself as scum :P

Post #66
Otolia wrote:
DarkFlashlight wrote:That sounds like a lame excuse. Playing dumb wouldn't get anyone in the hotseat other than you, which is exactly what happened.
But nobody voted against me ... I don't see any hotseat here. And you can consider it as a lame excuse it doesn't matter to me. You can even vote against me if it's what it takes to get this day started.
DarkFlashlight wrote:
Otolia wrote:Moving on because none of us looked good there.
I'm dying to know why anyone other than you looked bad there.
Well you all were hook to my trolling so it doesn't make you looks good (anyhting to do with mafia though=
Again brings up the fact he caught everyone out with his amazing test, and fails to see that votes =/= pressure. Meh, this is a Newbie game, so I'm willing to let the votes =/= pressure bit slide, and basically calls everyone in the game scummy for not catching his test despite the fact it was not a frickin' test, and there was absolutely no way anyone could have thought "AHA, he must be trolling to see what our reactions are!

Post #73
Otolia wrote:
Sakako wrote:Otolia, as someone who drew attention to themselves far too much in his early games, I can say that it's most usually a bad thing. Even when I was town, I still got lynched either day 1 or day 2, because I was trying to be too tricky.

The moral of the story is, don't do it. It's usually not pro-town to look like you've got a secret.

Anyone else agree?
I don't agree. There is no such law and you can always escape a lynch if you try hard. Whether it's pro-town or not is another question but transparent play isn't always pro-town. Nevertheless it's maybe time for the people that claim they know how to play to start scumhunting or to vote No Lynch.

I'll be replaced between the 15/03 and 24/03. I'll will take my seat back (if I'm still alive) at that point. The mod will be informed of the player who will replace me and will decide what to do with this information.
So, he says you can escape a lynch if you try hard enough. Bear in mind this is the person who claimed scum and told us to lynch him about 82738732678435 times. THEN he says that everyone should either start scumhunting or No Lynching (remember he said he was violently against No Lynching later), and doesn't bother scumhunting himself. It's iffy how he asks people to scumhunt, then says "If I'm still alive". HERPA DERP

...And as we know, he asks specifically for GreyICE to replace him.

GreyICE replaces Otolia

Some of you may not want to use Grey as part of Otolia's scumminess, but I think it's valid as Otolia ASKED for Grey, and then used his points. Otolia clearly can't respond for Grey, HOWEVER, as he used his points he may have to.

I find it funny that Otolia specifically asks for his replacement, who was a great replacement for him when he was scum. Grey basically saved Otolia's game, from what I understand, so he got the same person, who he's never seen as town, to do it for him... why? Let's take a wiiiild stab in the dark. :P

Post #104
GreyICE wrote:Hello everyone, I'm Otolia for a week!
Unvote

Kage, I saw that nonsense talk about a no lynch in the dead thread. Imma gonna kneecap ya.
Don't help the scum win.
You know I'm pretty good at catching them, and trust me, NL doesn't help. That being said, the serious discussion of it might. :D

Might look like this:
Spikkle wrote:I'm also of the thinking that a Nolynch, while it makes some sense on Day One since we're more likely to hit a townie, is only helping the Mafia to win in the long run.

We learn less about the complex web of players and their allegiances from two deaths (one of which will hopefully be scum) than we do from one Mafia kill (which if it does get past the Doctor, WILL be town.) It's not just the people who have died that we directly learn about, it's also anyone who agreed/argued with them during the day.

Since so many other Random Day One Votes(tm) are flying around willy-nilly, I'll put my own onto

VOTE: Kagetora

for now, largely for the reasons above. If this wasn't Day One I'd probably be more hesistant to do so, but, hey, we need this ball to get a-rollin'.
Hmm, reading, but I have my first major suspect. Hellos, how is it going?
I almost forgot I was Spikkle this game, but whatever. It's okay to "Help the scum win", yet voting someone for that exact reason is scummy? What.

Post #106
GreyICE wrote:
Olinea wrote:Well, I see my predecessor did a bang-up job of... confirming.

A warm welcome to all. I've played with DarkFlashlight, and know him from offsite, modded a game of Kagetora's (which ended about 10 minutes ago, too), and played some marathon with DarlaBlueEyes. Looking forward to a good game with you all!

First impressions:
~Common Man's self-vote looks like
bad
AtE. There was absolutely no reason to do that, and frankly it comes across as an attempt to buy "non-mafia" credit, because like hell that'll buy you town cred.
~Kagetora is playing to a town meta, IMO. Never seen him as scum, but if he were scum I think he'd be
much
more inclined to appeal to the general view of "no lynching is bad" in order to avoid confrontation. He sticks to his guns, which is good.
~More later. I've got a lab report due tomorrow, but I can try to get a quick re-read in there since it's only 4 pages long.
Scum.

Vote: Olinea
Completely baseless, silly accusation which makes little sense, and says a lot about his reading. He read through the entire thread, posted a little on Spikkle and Kage and then posted ONE WORD on Olinea, meaning he was scum. What the fu-

Post #111
GreyICE wrote:1) Offers to join the prevailing wagon, pushes suspicion at it, and doesn't say it's a bad lynch - but doesn't vote. In other words, exactly the sort of post that will get him lynched without really taking a stand on the wagon. "Buy you non-Mafia credit?" What does that even mean?

2) Defends someone for something that would be suspicious for him not to note. Makes no real other comment on it.

3) Next post - instead of doing catchup on the rest, nitpicks a point of terminology with DBE.

Oh and the first line... the best scumtell ever. See, it's really really funny. Town replacing into a game almost never looks at their predecessor much. I mean why bother? They're town, you might check their reads. But that's it.

Scum always, always, always check their predecessor to see what sort of situation they were left in. And a lot of the time they can't help but to comment on it.

He checked his predecessor specifically to see what he left him in the thread :D
Funny, I didn't really comment on my predecessor because he didn't seem to do a pile. Olinea was clearly making a joke, like my introduction "Irish Leprechaun" thing. Jokes can be a scumtell; that is NOT. Did you check on Otolia at all before replacing in? Everyone checks their predecessor somewhat to see what position they're in. Silavor, for example, had to check his because, y'know, he was being lynched, and OH LOOK HE WAS TOWN.

Post #116
GreyICE wrote:Uh huh. How very general.

You carefully note all the pro-town reasons to look at what your predecessors have done. Your predecessor did nothing. Town ignore it, because he's confirmed town (it's like an innocent child who posts once every three days - annoying, but meh, town). Scum can't help it, it's like a giant purple beacon. "Oh my god, did anyone see that? Well I'll say it first so that no one will 'catch' me later!"

You were wondering if anyone thought your predecessor was scummy because all he did was confirm then replace out. I mean that must be null, right? :lol:

It
was.
Confirming Page One is a scumtell, guys.

Just don't post, ever.

That's basically what this post says, Olinea was hardly defending himself against that :lol:

I need to go about now, but I'll try to finish this later at the latest, emphasis on the "try" :P
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:46 am

Post by Otolia »

Oh god. You are worse than I imagined. Let me get back to you on that. I have significant answers to most of your points I believe, but I have to eat first. See you later aligator.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:42 am

Post by MrBump »

Forgot to do this:

VOTE: Otolia

Didn't even SEE your reply then xD

What does going to England have to do with reading? Are you trying to say Irish people can't read or something? o.O

I KNOW you didn't write your name in green. HEY, I FUCKING SAID THAT!

Otolia, I am getting really, really sick and tired of your constant attacks on my play and my person. You went all "OH I MIGHT REPLACE MYSELF OH WOE IS ME OH LYNCH ME OH I SUCK" yet it's fine for you to call me a bad scumhunter and constantly say, in layman's terms, I suck? We're not meant to be having petty argument, we're meant to be talking about scum because it's LYLO, and you're just saying "IT'S HOPPSTER/BUMP IT'S HOPPSTER/BUMP IT'S HOPPSTER/BUMP" and doing NOTHING about it. You say scum don't want to vote first, despite the fact you've called me and Hoppster scum all day, so that's a bit hypocritical, isn't it?

I won't admit I'm scummy because I haven't done anything scummy because I'm perfect.

...Being serious, your case on me, as far as I can tell, is "You're scummy", and that Olinea/Glass are town FYPOV. I'm not really trying to make an excuse for myself here, but I am actually exhausted (>getting home at 2am and waking up at 8am) so I could be missing out posts you made on me/them, but I severely doubt it.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Glass »

Bump gets town points for this, but he had better fucking unvote. Bump, do you actually believe that the scumteam is Hoppster-oto? That does not make any sense. I can explain later when I am not on my phone, but from how I see it 1 out of bump and oli are scum.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:23 am

Post by Otolia »

Go cry out loud elsewhere, Mr. Bump. You are pathetic, I really advised you to get your rest before attempting to post something else.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:39 am

Post by MrBump »

Attacking me more personally, coooool.

UNVOTE: Otolia

I'm 99% certain Otolia's scum, but it's better to be pretty sure of a team first. I would have rested up by now, but alas I told my brother not to have band practice today so he called everyone for band practice for the last six hours ¬_¬

Sorry for the delay in posting and all that >_>
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Otolia »

So because you play the victim and I hate that, I'll cover the points you talked in your post. Let's enjoy the ride.
MrBump wrote:Post #6
Spoiler:
Otolia wrote:Creepy avatar is a good way to get lynched. And what if I vote to lynch you Sakako ?

Threatening to lynch one vote into the game. What town DOES that?
That was RVS. He had a creepy avatar and the avatar made me threaten him. It was the third in-game post of the game, nothing more to add.
Mr. Bump wrote:Post #58
Spoiler:
Otolia wrote:
chkflip wrote:
Common
:
- Which part of the world do you hail from?

- How many games of mafia have you played before?
I'm french and thus no native english speaker. I then suggest you that you keep speaking a understandable english and not some slang from wherever you might be born, because I won't learn that to please you.

Many IRL, one on this website.
chkflip wrote:
Otolia
:
- So you don't recommend un-voting, nor do you recommend a No Lynch. What
do
you recommend?
Freespeech country ? Anyone ? Mind your own business !

This is an English-speaking forum, you can't shout at people for speaking... English. I'm sorry, but it's true. It means "Where do you come from", unless you were warning people in advance not to speak slang, because ye'no ah was plannin' on goin' all Oirish on ye's hi.

Secondly, "Mind your own business" when asked about how to lynch. What.
I am not shouting at him for speaking english, nor I am shouting at anyone for speaking english. I was merely warning that I won't make the effort to understand slang english (though I know some slangwoards in both american & english) The "freespeech country" thing was a joke, and I am still depressed to have written it since it lead to my wagon and ultimately to the situation we are here.
Mr. Bump wrote:Post #64
Spoiler:
Otolia wrote:I had fun, not enough to justify continuing foolishly in this direction though. Thanks for your replies everyone. I was merely attempting to bring some conversation in this boring D1. Don't hate it on the french ;) he'd already given up. Moving on because none of us looked good there.

As for your question, chkflip, I frankly don't know what do answer. I personaly hate RVS, and I don't find RQS any better. And because I'm not a genius I didn't find any other option, I have to bear it like anyone else. But that doesn't mean I have to participate actively by casting votes upon everyone. That's the way I play in Day 1 nothing more to add.

PS : No I wasn't confused.

As soon as he's called out, he shrugs it off basically as a test and "Oh this is how I always play". I find that scum will make mistakes then say something like "Oh yeah that was a test you fell for!" or something along those lines. I do it myself as scum :P
I was genuinly trolling. Whether you want to see it or not is up to you, but that isn't a scumtell even if you do it when yourself is scum.
Mr. Bump wrote:Post #66
Spoiler:
Otolia wrote:
DarkFlashlight wrote:That sounds like a lame excuse. Playing dumb wouldn't get anyone in the hotseat other than you, which is exactly what happened.
But nobody voted against me ... I don't see any hotseat here. And you can consider it as a lame excuse it doesn't matter to me. You can even vote against me if it's what it takes to get this day started.
DarkFlashlight wrote:
Otolia wrote:Moving on because none of us looked good there.
I'm dying to know why anyone other than you looked bad there.
Well you all were hook to my trolling so it doesn't make you looks good (anything to do with mafia though)

Again brings up the fact he caught everyone out with his amazing test, and fails to see that votes =/= pressure. Meh, this is a Newbie game, so I'm willing to let the votes =/= pressure bit slide, and basically calls everyone in the game scummy for not catching his test despite the fact it was not a frickin' test, and there was absolutely no way anyone could have thought "AHA, he must be trolling to see what our reactions are!
I don't know what I can add to convince you. The wall is in front of you, do what you think is best.
Mr. Bump wrote:Post #73
Spoiler:
Otolia wrote:
Sakako wrote:Otolia, as someone who drew attention to themselves far too much in his early games, I can say that it's most usually a bad thing. Even when I was town, I still got lynched either day 1 or day 2, because I was trying to be too tricky.

The moral of the story is, don't do it. It's usually not pro-town to look like you've got a secret.

Anyone else agree?
I don't agree. There is no such law and you can always escape a lynch if you try hard. Whether it's pro-town or not is another question but transparent play isn't always pro-town. Nevertheless it's maybe time for the people that claim they know how to play to start scumhunting or to vote No Lynch.

I'll be replaced between the 15/03 and 24/03. I'll will take my seat back (if I'm still alive) at that point. The mod will be informed of the player who will replace me and will decide what to do with this information.
So, he says you can escape a lynch if you try hard enough. Bear in mind this is the person who claimed scum and told us to lynch him about 82738732678435 times. THEN he says that everyone should either start scumhunting or No Lynching (remember he said he was violently against No Lynching later), and doesn't bother scumhunting himself. It's iffy how he asks people to scumhunt, then says "If I'm still alive". HERPA DERP
I request for you to lynch me ONCE in D1 and numerous times since. I always thought it will come down to a day where I would have to pick a scumteam but I didn't trust myself to do the right choice. So yes I said one can escape a lynch but I never had to do this because the scum never wanted me dead because I'm a liability to this town.
Mr. Bump wrote:...And as we know, he asks specifically for GreyICE to replace him.

GreyICE replaces Otolia

Some of you may not want to use Grey as part of Otolia's scumminess, but I think it's valid as Otolia ASKED for Grey, and then used his points. Otolia clearly can't respond for Grey, HOWEVER, as he used his points he may have to.

I find it funny that Otolia specifically asks for his replacement, who was a great replacement for him when he was scum. Grey basically saved Otolia's game, from what I understand, so he got the same person, who he's never seen as town, to do it for him... why? Let's take a wiiiild stab in the dark. :P
Grey didn't save my game (Newbie 1063), it was a MyLo situation where the scumteam wasn't even called once. He played well but he didn't "save" the game in any way. Concerning my choice, I played my first game on-site with him, he said he like the way I played as town (it was much better than this one actually) and when I asked him if he could replace me, he said yes. And I decide that he would play both my games at the same time because both my V/LA happened at the same time. How could I have decide to let me replace in this game when the other wasn't even finished ?! All your points concerning the replacement in itself are thus invalid.

Concerning what GreyICE said, I can't answer those questions. I don't know why he did that and even if I did, I wouldn't probably remember.

Concerning your unvote, it's really too bad Olinea and Hoppster didn't post in the mean time, we would have had more infos on your alignment. Your 99% certainty are not serious to me because you had so many opportunities to push a lynch in my direction (you even said I begged for it - that was true) but you didn't. Either you are town doing a OMGUS-reply to my attacks or you are a scum.

It'd be nice to see your stupid head here hoppster. And I'd like the input of Olina also. It's time to wake up. If none of you do it, I'm gonna throw a vote in your direction and happen what it will.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:49 am

Post by Glass »

IDK WTF IS GOING ON.
This post is going to be dedicated to my thoughts and probably not going to go anywhere. Let's begin.

I changed my mind about the hoppster-oto scumteam, it is possible.
Bump and oli are almost definitely not the scumteam because of their voting patterns. I also don't think that oto-bump would be the scumteam unless they had fabricated an insanely complex quicklynch on silavor which could have happened many days before anyways. This means that at least one out of hoppster-otolia is scum.
Could both hoppster and oto be scum? Possibly, when hoppster came into the game silavor was pretty much the guaranteed lynch since there was no hammer for the hoppster wagon (I wouldn't have changed to hoppster, I highly doubt oli or bump would have) so he was in the perfect position to distance himself from otolia and he wouldn't be getting lynched. The problem was that in the next couple posts the wagon on oto built to L-1 so hoppster unvoted saying that he wanted to "hear from people", which really is just appealing to town while at the same time giving his partner some slack. Of course, if hoppster is scum and oto is town idk why hoppster would just go and attack oto.

ICE's pm is really just a major town-tell which I can't ignore though.

Why bump's attack on oto gets him some town points is because everyone except for bump himself said that they think bump is scum (same thing with hoppster), so the best move for bump in this position as scum (regardless of his partner) would be to attack hoppster. If they are both scum, then it would be a decent bus, if hopp is town there is a good possibility of a quicklynch. Attacking oto (who nobody has in their top two scum but bump and hoppster) makes me think that bump actually believes that oto is scum.

I am pretty confused right now because I have three thoughts and they conflict.
1. I can't see the interaction between hopp and oto happening if oto is town and hopp is scum, what reason would hoppster have for attacking and going back on his attack if he knows that oto is town?
2.I can't see oto being scum with the ICE pm.
3.I can't see a bump-oli scumteam because of voting patterns.

Clearly 1 of these thoughts is incorrect because 1 and 2 together would mean that bump-oli are the scumteam, which clearly does not work with thought #3.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Post by MrBump »

Thanks for explaining your situation in the other games, Otolia, HOWEVER, you can't just disregard everything ICE said all game just because of that. You used his points, therefore I can talk about him.
Otolia wrote:I was genuinly trolling. Whether you want to see it or not is up to you, but that isn't a scumtell even if you do it when yourself is scum.
...Yes it is? If I do it
as scum
, then it's a scumtell. :P
Otolia wrote:I request for you to lynch me ONCE in D1 and numerous times since. I always thought it will come down to a day where I would have to pick a scumteam but I didn't trust myself to do the right choice. So yes I said one can escape a lynch but I never had to do this because the scum never wanted me dead because I'm a liability to this town.
They don't want you dead because scum don't like killing themselves. :P
Otolia wrote:Concerning your unvote, it's really too bad Olinea and Hoppster didn't post in the mean time, we would have had more infos on your alignment. Your 99% certainty are not serious to me because you had so many opportunities to push a lynch in my direction (you even said I begged for it - that was true) but you didn't. Either you are town doing a OMGUS-reply to my attacks or you are a scum.
Otolia, I have been trying to lynch you since Day One. I do not care at all for your accusations of me (indeed, everyone is), because they don't boil down to anything I can even understand. I've had lots of opportunities, like Day One, where I took it and, erm, Day Two, where I took it as well (for most of the day). I didn't just keep you in my sights screaming away until you died the entire game, and I'm very disappointed I didn't lynch you Day One or Day Two. If we don't lynch you today, I will also be disappointed. And if you flip town I will cry myself to sleep for many nights to come.

I am not OMGUS'ing you.

Sir, please come back to reality, we're missing you.

Anyway, I'll complete the ISO today, minus the post links because they make it needlessly tedious >_>
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:49 am

Post by Olinea »

Fuck it. I don't see myself changing on Hoppster today.

Vote: Hoppster
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:00 am

Post by Otolia »

Olinea wrote:Fuck it. I don't see myself changing on Hoppster today.

It seems like Olinea isn't concerned about the game anymore ...
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Olinea »

Otolia wrote:

It seems like Olinea isn't concerned about the game anymore ...
Do you disagree with the Hoppster vote?
GreyICE:
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Otolia »

No I'm not. But I would have hope more input from you. You could well be buddying me hoping that I vote him swiftly and then wait for the last scum to quickhammer.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Glass »

Meh, I considered voting him myself. I doubt there will be a quickhammer.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Glass »

And oto, we pretty much sit around until it is clear there will not be a quicklynch. In this case until you and bump are on at the same time and don't quicklynch (I suspect tomorrow morning my time will be that time)
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Hoppster »

Oh god.

Unvote, give me 12-24 hours so I can post some detailed thoughts please.

I've been busy recently - you can check my sitewide posting history if you doubt this.

My thoughts in brief:

• Otolia and Olinea are not the scum-team with Otolia making no vote on me just now.
  • Otolia and Glass are likely not the scum-team.
  • With recent interactions, I doubt Otolia and MrBump are the scum-team.
  • Therefore, confusingly, despite being my strongest scum-read, Otolia is not scum because he doesn't make sense as anybody's partner.

I'll post regarding Glass/Olinea/Bump tomorrow.

With the "WHO WOULD YOU KILL IF YOU WERE SCUM" - it helps. It's difficult for me to explain how, but basically it forces scum to come up with credible explanations for their kills or go for the WIFOM route. Either way, it's difficult for them. Any non-plausible explanations are from scum.

FWIW, I would have killed Olinea last night. Strongest town-read, and I had no paticular PR-vibes off anybody.

I'll have a reread of when Darla was playing to see who I would have killed then.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Glass »

WTF give me 30 mins to get to a computer so I can tell you all that is wrong with that post.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Olinea »

Glass wrote:Meh, I considered voting him myself. I doubt there will be a quickhammer.

If you doubt there'd be a quickhammer, you think he's scum, right?

So why the lack of a vote?
GreyICE:
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:49 am

Post by MrBump »

Otolia wrote:You could well be buddying me hoping that I vote him swiftly and then wait for the last scum to quickhammer.

Do you really think you're so towny people would buddy you?

Hoppster, Otolia not voting you does not clear him as a scumteam with Olinea. He doesn't vote at all then randomly votes out of nowhere? That makes him appear scummy no matter what, and he doesn't need that :P

Hoppster vote sucks. We're a loooong way from the deadline, and there is no point in just throwing a vote out into the open for no other reason than you can't see yourself moving from him, yet you've posted little actually about him from what I remember.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:54 am

Post by Glass »

K @ comp

oli wrote:
If you doubt there'd be a quickhammer, you think he's scum, right?

So why the lack of a vote?

No, it means that I doubt that oto-bump is the scumteam.

hoppster wrote:Otolia and Olinea are not the scum-team with Otolia making no vote on me just now.

You think that if oto was scum with oli he would have just jumped onto your wagon? Why would he do that?

hoppster wrote:
With the "WHO WOULD YOU KILL IF YOU WERE SCUM" - it helps. It's difficult for me to explain how, but basically it forces scum to come up with credible explanations for their kills or go for the WIFOM route. Either way, it's difficult for them. Any non-plausible explanations are from scum.

Ok, you realize that scum had probably thought about who they wanted to kill? So they obviously would have reasons for killing multiple people and they could just say any of them and it would probably be satisfactory. How on earth would scum not have any plausible reasons?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Glass »

bump wrote:
Hoppster vote sucks. We're a loooong way from the deadline, and there is no point in just throwing a vote out into the open for no other reason than you can't see yourself moving from him, yet you've posted little actually about him from what I remember.

No, the hoppster vote is good. It really is not THAT far to deadline and I would rather not have a rushed job of voting. What is there to talk to hoppster about? He and his predecessor had done really nothing, I think it is mostly because of PoE.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”