Newbie 1076: Day Three

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by Glass »

/steal nacho's spot

@bump
How on earth can you think that the hoppster vote is bad? It is someone who you think is town voting for someone you think is scum. Unless you think the scumteam is me-oto then it is a good vote.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by MrBump »

Allow me to rephrase. The VOTE is good. The TIMING is bad. I think the most likely scumteam is Otolia/Hoppster, but it could well be Olinea/Otolia or even Olinea/Hoppster. There is of course the chance that Glass is trolling us all, but I seriously doubt that. Although, the fact he seems to be wanting to end the day a bit quicker is a bit iffy, and there are a few things today which have stuck out to me, but I can't see GlassScum reeeaaally.
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Glass »

Huh? I want to end the day? I think what you mean is that I want to have it down to two people before the last few days comes by (since the odds of all 3 townies agreeing on a single scum in the time is miniscule).
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Otolia »

MrBump wrote:
Otolia wrote:You could well be buddying me hoping that I vote him swiftly and then wait for the last scum to quickhammer.

Do you really think you're so towny people would buddy you?

I don't think I am towny, I know I am a townie. The difference is here. Do I have to see that as a scumslip ?
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Olinea »

At this point, given the timestamps between Glass, Bump, and Otolia and all of their posts, I'm inclined to rule out pairings of those three as scumteams. Bump/Glass are posting within 5 minutes of each other, Glass/Otolia 4, and Bump/Otolia have been going head-to-head in a position where scum would try to win it today (also 9 minutes, which seems small but leaves a lot of wiggle room to understand why a Bump/Oto quickhammer wouldn't take place)

So yeah. Hoppster/1 other (FMPOV, of course).
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by Glass »

I am anxious to hear hopp's response.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

No one needs a prod except for the mod! Good activity, although I'm contemplating modkilling Glass for intentionally antagonizing me. Deadline is May 3rd, just so you all know.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Post by MrBump »

Nacho wrote:Deadline is May 3rd, just so you all know.

Disregard what I said about Glass, the 3rd of May? Really? I thought it was like, the 17th of May or something >_>

I want to say something else clever to avoid having a small post but I can't think of anything. God dammit, Nappa >_>
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:30 am

Post by Glass »

We don't get 3 weeks, nacho? ):
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:30 am

Post by Hoppster »

Glass wrote:Ok, you realize that scum had probably thought about who they wanted to kill? So they obviously would have reasons for killing multiple people and they could just say any of them and it would probably be satisfactory. How on earth would scum not have any plausible reasons?

>>

Okay, never mind.

Glass wrote:
hoppster wrote:Otolia and Olinea are not the scum-team with Otolia making no vote on me just now.

You think that if oto was scum with oli he would have just jumped onto your wagon? Why would he do that?

In hindsight, it's not really an argument against Oto/Oli scum-team but against Oto-scum at all. I was sure that Oto-scum would vote me after cajoling one of {Olinea, Glass} onto my wagon.

The whole buddying "OH WE ALL HAVE THE SAME SUSPICIONS" is a further argument against a scumteam of {Otolia} + {Glass/Olinea}, and then the recent MrBump-Otolia interactions makes them being a scumteam also very, very doubtful. So Otolia is probably not scum based on interactions.

The lack of more votes on me is both encouraging and horribly confusing.

So:

VOTE: Olinea

Olinea/Glass/MrBump, please discuss my vote, specifically the possible scum motivation and town motivation behind it. Thanks.

Otolia, feel free to discuss my vote, it's not as important for me to hear back from you regarding this.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:41 am

Post by MrBump »

Surely it's important if you believe he's town? Town opinions matter a lot.

Are you going to explain your case on Olinea a bit more? I don't think you posted it... at all o.O
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Hoppster »

MrBump wrote:Surely it's important if you believe he's town? Town opinions matter a lot.

Are you going to explain your case on Olinea a bit more? I don't think you posted it... at all o.O

No, it's not important I hear from Otolia.

You haven't speculated on town or scum motivation here at all. I'm not happy. It'd be great if you did what I asked.

I'm not going to explain my vote until the three of you have commented on it/made a firm stance.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Glass »

Town motivation: you realize that no quickhammer is coming and realize that oli is scum.
Scum motivation: You realize that oli won't unvote and have no other option than to vote oli.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:55 am

Post by MrBump »

I didn't even SEE the town/scum motivation part o.o

Town motivation: You think Olinea is scum due to recent actions, and the deadline is coming so you vote him.
Scum motivation: You want to pressure your voter to make him look like the scum for starting the vote.

I don't actually agree with Glass's scum motivation part.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:55 am

Post by MrBump »

Oh, V/LA overnight. >_>
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Otolia »

What do you want to her from me Hoppster ? You were certainly less abrasive with Olina than you were with me when you replaced in. Now except for Glass, you all start something strange in that you all write that I am town in your explanations (except for Mr. Bump) ?!
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Hoppster »

@ Glass: Town Motivation - Does an absence of a quickhammer guarantee that Olinea is scum? (Ie, if Olinea had voted you and you weren't quickhammered, would you have drawn the conclusion that Olinea is beyond all doubt scum?)

Scum Motivation - Why would that be my only option?

@ Bump: Town Motivation - Any idea what would make me think that Olinea is scum?

Scum Motivation - I didn't provide any explicit reasoning for my vote. How is that making Olinea look like scum?

@ Otolia: What? I don't understand what you're saying. I've decided that based on interactions you're very unlikely to be scum.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Glass »

@hopp
Q1: yes, it would
Q2: I can't think of any other scum motivation.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Olinea »

I don't see any Town or scum motivation in Hoppster's vote. It's all you
can
do in that situation.

I can get what little of a case I can up, but it'll be biased and seen through tinted lenses.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Glass »

Shouldn't have to be said but if we lynch correctly today don't think that the other one is guaranteed town, lylo bussing has an insanely high success rate.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:05 am

Post by MrBump »

Hoppster wrote:Town Motivation - Any idea what would make me think that Olinea is scum?

The fact he voted you so easily, or his play from the rest of the game stuck out to you.
Hoppster wrote:Scum Motivation - I didn't provide any explicit reasoning for my vote. How is that making Olinea look like scum?

I assume you will at some point, and your vote now is actually obviously to make discussion no matter what your alignment is. It wasn't making Olinea look that way per se, however, voting him had to mean something more than a simple OMGUS so as scum you might have done it for that.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Olinea »

Why are we even discussing this? Hoppster's trying to make it seem like following the #1 rule of LyLo (vote the guy who's voting you) is somehow Town-motivated.

Olinea
votes
Hoppster

Hoppster has nothing to lose by voting me, since he'd get quickhammered anyways.

Olinea
votes
Hoppster

Without a lack of a quickhammer, the three (or one, in the case of 3p LyLo) undecided voters cannot be carrying both scum. Ergo, one scum is voting Hoppster, so he votes scum.

Olinea
votes
Hoppster

See above, except Hoppster votes me to give the impression of scenario #2. In addition, if Hoppster votes ANYONE else, it indicates he thinks Town is voting for him, in which case he'd follow scenario 1, anyways.

Olinea
votes
Hoppster

See above.

Hoppster's trying to induce false Town motivation in his vote on me. There shouldn't be any discussion about "Oh, you probably voted Olinea because XXX". It's the only move you can make in LyLo. End of story.
GreyICE:
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:47 am

Post by Glass »

Hopp, are you making a case on oli?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by Glass »

Hey Bump, who's your scumbuddy? Town is going to win anyways so you might as well just say who it is.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by Olinea »

Glass.

Deadline is May 3rd.

Today's lynch is me or Hoppster. I've got scum on the end of my reel and I'm not giving it up for a 1/3 shot. So instead of trying to spread suspicion onto both Hoppster and myself by claiming LyLo bussing has a high success rate, and
also
MrBump, how 'bout you start taking a stance on this?
GreyICE:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”