Mini1147-Royal Mafia at the Round Table (Game Over!)

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Prosaurus wrote:Err... Why am I so scummy for think scum have daytalk?

cause it could have been a slip since scum don't usually have dayttalk and there was no reason to think they did :/

eh, or maybe you're just misinformed.
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Prosaurus is town, towny town town. In this instance him thinking scum have daytalk is more likely a townslip than a scumslip. Standard site practice from what I've observed in my short time here is that scum typically do not have daytalk, therefore I assume it as the default for this game which means Prosaurus is likely to be mistaken about scum having daytalk and therefore town, this is in addition to all the other reasons to think he's town which have been discussed already. He is town.

There are a few reasons to think Twisted might have been bussing NE, I still think that the setup seems to be fairly broken if there's really a town 1-shot dayvig, two masons, AND two 1-shot cops and I can explain the numbers regarding why if there's questions. There's him being locked in a claim, there's the towncred that would come from that bus. But at the same time, I look at his day 1 interactions with NE and it doesn't really look like they were bussing to me. I'd file him as possible but unlikely scum at this point.

haven't really caught up on thread, was leaning town on rhinox, scum on farside, unsure on maxous, and had some bad doubts about EA. If farside is scum I don't think she's scum with twistedspoon, though.

-gorilla
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 9:53 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

RE: Maxous: suspicion is partly due to choice of targets and partly due to non-committal/being cagey around NE. He keeps NE as a town lean for most of D1 and his play after TS's guilty result claim looks to me like he's playing it safe and trying to figure out where the town will go. Will illustrate this in more detail later (work is busy now but I'll definitely have a few hours free tonight).
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:17 am

Post by Maxous »

Duplicity(Gorilla) could be right about Prosaurus. I don't see any reason to think that this game would be breaking the norm of mafia only talking at night.
To be honest when I first played here I also thought mafia had day-talk - me and my buddy were posting during Day 1 for a while >_>
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:32 am

Post by Rhinox »

Vote Count #2:
Necessary Evil
(3):
Twistedspoon
Quilford
Rhinox

Twistedspoon
(3):
Necessary Evil
Farside22
, Erratus Apathos
Not Voting (4): Maxous,
Javert
, Prosaurus, Duplicity

Vote Count #3:
Twistedspoon
(4):
Necessary Evil
Farside22
, Erratus Apathos,
Quilford

Necessary Evil
(2):
Twistedspoon
Rhinox

Not Voting (4): Maxous,
Javert
, Prosaurus, Duplicity

Vote Count #4:
Necessary Evil
(4):
Twistedspoon
Rhinox
, Erratus Apathos,
Quilford

Twistedspoon
(2):
Necessary Evil
Farside22

Not Voting (5): Maxous,
Javert
, Prosaurus, Duplicity

Vote Count #5:
Necessary Evil
(5):
Twistedspoon
Rhinox
, Erratus Apathos,
Quilford
, Maxous
Twistedspoon
(2):
Necessary Evil
Farside22

Not Voting (3):
Javert
, Prosaurus, Duplicity

Final Vote Count:
Necessary Evil
(6):
Twistedspoon
Rhinox
, Erratus Apathos,
Quilford
, Maxous,
Necessary Evil

Twistedspoon
(1):
Farside22

Not Voting (3):
Javert
, Prosaurus, Duplicity

@ above VCA: Bolded are facts, not bolded are my assumptions. I'm posting this so I can refer back to it. When analzying the players I haven't colored red or green up there.

Spoiler: EA analysis
-starts out the day voting Oso.
-Votes TS first, based on previous suspicions and a comment on D2.
-Complete 180 after maxous points out the speed of TS soft claim.

What I find interesting is the polarity in EA's 180. Like, he had a whole list of reasons why TS was scum in iso 50, and then they all went away simply because maxous pointed out the timing of TS soft claim and all of a sudden EA was finding scummy comments from NE that he wasn't pointing out before. To me, that looks like it could be when the flip was switched and he decided to bus. On the other hand, the VCA above shows that when EA switched, the wagons were tied, and he made NE the leading wagon. That was also before I came back from Easter and started really pushing for NE to be lynched.

When I look back at EA day 1, I see he did a little pushing at NE and voted for a few posts before moving on. The style was consistent with his play up to that point: vote ender, question a few posts, move on vote klazam, left it there a few posts (no follow up with klazam vote, hmmm), move on to prosaurus, question a few posts, move on to NE, question a few posts, move on to TS. This is where the playstyle changed, and EA aggressively pursued TS's lynch, and then back to aggressively pursuing klazam this time, then aggressively pursuing Oso.

Couple interesting snippits from D1:
EA wrote:
TS wrote:indeed, NE has gone under the radar for too long

I'm fine with this wagon. My vote on Javert is utterly redundant anyways now that his wagon is gone and he's claimed :/

VOTE: NE
Oh yeah, Twistedspoon is totally scum. Look at his posts between his Javert vote and his unvote. He doesn't attack Javert, he doesn't question Javert, he doesn't push the Javert wagon, he's doesn't do a single damn thing to Javert. He accomplished three things with his Javert vote, and those things were VOTE PARK, VOTE PARK, AND VOTE PARK. He was vote parking on Maxous earlier too, and he's already looking like he's vote parking on NE. I suggest we park a noose around Twistedscum's neck.

Chainsaw?
EA wrote:I concur, vig already Javert.

FWIW I support vigging Klazam or Twistedspoon and am
against vigging
Ender, Prosaurus, MeWeird,
NEvil
, or farside (or me obv obv)

Thats a pretty good place to stick in a scum partner.
Erratus Apathos wrote:
Necessary Evil wrote:Oh, come on, EA! Do you really want to nit pick over something like this? I posted on Friday, wasn't even on the site on Saturday, and posted again on Sunday, so to me at the time, it was one day. What difference does it make that it was technically two days? That's still suspiciously premature to vote for lurking. We clearly didn't have a lurking problem at the time. He even said that he just picked me because I was the lowest on the activity overview. That's not scumhunting. He used a technicallity that doesn't even remotely prove the case he was making in order to excuse his vote.

Necessary Evil wrote:I believe Juls mason claim. I've had a town read on her for a while and that would explain my odd feelings about Klazam. I'm really rolling my eyes at her vote on me, though. I've been V/LA for almost a week, which she is failing to take into account. If you check the other game I'm in, I posted that I was V/LA there, too, so I'm not making it up to lurk in this game. I think she's overestimating how often I should be posting because this is has been a very active game. I've certainly posted my fair share of content, IMO.

These are town reactions to being attacked.

Me=Weird wrote:Are you a moron, or have you never heard of having a gut town read on somebody who's done scummy things?

Me=Weird wrote:Are you just twisting everything so it
could
be scummy, or are you an idiot? How is that desperation? I wanted why he thought I was scum into one post because I wanted to make sure there weren't things I hadn't responded to. Why do you want to lynch TS? Do you disbelieve his claim? Why? And do you know how exceedingly dumb and moronic it is to use connections before there's been a scum flip? Do you ever consider that you're
wrong?

So are these.

This is a good one too. Good way to defend a partner, by simultaneaously also defending a townie for the same reason.
Erratus Apathos wrote:
Prosaurus wrote:And the other two people?

wut

Seeing the deadline, I realize the only plausible lynch today is MW. I still think he's town, but it's better than no lynch at all, so
au revoir
UNVOTE: Oso
VOTE: Me=Weird

in before the townflip :(

I think at this point, a NE lynch was still on the table. An Oso lynch wasn't completely ruled out, his top choice. Were EA here today, my top question would be why he didn't think an NE or Oso lynch was possible. Or why he hammered without letting M=W claim? - EA clearly didn't want M=W lynched, so a claim may have shifted the wagon quickly onto his top scum choice (Oso) if he's town, but it also could have shifted onto scum (NE). The point here is that there was still essentially a full day left before deadline, he didn't need to hammer when he did especially without giving M=W the 22 hours to claim. I think he could have been banking on being able to get away with hammering M=W before claim to prevent the wagon from quickshifting to his scum partner if people believed M=W's claim.
EA wrote:
Juls wrote:@EA, I don't think Oso is gonna swing today. I think we should re-evaluate him tomorrow. Who is your second choice?
Twistedspoon is. I'd also live with a lynch of Rhinox, farside, or Maxous even though those are null reads atm. I definitely don't want to lynch MeWeird, NEvil, Prosaurus, Javert, Quilford or you.

Interesting post to keep in mind for later if EA/Locke is determined to be scum. I'd put 1 scum partner in the "live with a lynch" category, and 1 in the "don't want to lynch" category.

I would hope to be able to clearly conclude that EA/Duplicity is not an acceptable pairing for remaing 2 scum partners, given EA's assault on Oso. I'd consider EA/Prosaurus, EA/Maxous, EA/Farside as likely pairings should EA be scum, roughly in that order of likliness. But EA/Maxous might not seem that likely given Locke coming out today - not the time to bus. And if prosaurus really did do a town slip, then that EA/Prosaurus is out. And I almost don't even consider EA/Farside likely at all due to leaning town on farside for WIFOM reasons. So POE might actually be ruling EA/Locke out completely. That would simplifiy the rest of the game a lot, with Maxous/Duplicity jumping to the top of the most likely scum pairing list. They'll be the next 2 on my list to analyze.

I had initially meant to include analysis of Maxous, Prosaurus, and Duplicity/OS in this post, but its taking a bit too long both in time and words. I also need to look at Javert's suspicions, and do a farside iso to make sure I'm not wifoming myself out of a scum lynch. All this will be done before I place a vote today, but this should start off explaining my thinking for my earlier posts so far this day. You guys can at least get a head start on reading the EA part rather than me dumping the entire wall on you at once :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:54 am

Post by Rhinox »

Quilford wrote:what Maxous said (about Javert) was also my reasoning

That may have played a part...

but all the same, Scum aren't going to kill an experienced player just because he's experienced if he's lurking, looking in the wrong direction, and has some non zero possibility of getting lynched, while leaving alive a lesser experienced, 100% confirmed town player who is likely to vote for a scum the next day.

Not to mention, assuming farside scum, she's not going to be worried about experienced players. meh ok I suppose she might pull a boston rob and kick out anyone who has a clue to keep around the clueless (no offense to anyone), but without a complete turn around of play, Javert probably shouldn't have been seen as a threat to scum unless he was right in his limited suspicions and scum were scared into killing him before he became more influential. Or, Javert's suspicions didn't matter and he wasn't a threat, but he was second most confirmed town with Quilford ready to help mislynch farside.

All bets are off if Javert suspected farside I honestly can't remember if Javert expressed any suspicions at all and haven't gone back and looked yet.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:07 am

Post by Rhinox »

Prosaurus comment about day talk can only be a null tell or a town tell.

Because if he didn't actually "slip" that there was day talk, he made a few comments as if he really did believe it was common knowledge that scum always have day talk.

So he could be scum and scum have day talk.
Or he can be town and scum either do or do not have day talk.

so if scum DO have day talk, then its null.
If scum DO NOT have day talk, then its a town tell.

Based on my understanding of normal mechanics with the normal review group, day talk is not considered a normal mechanic. We already have confirmed our non-standard role or mechanic with Javert, therefore in my understanding of normal game guidelines, scum can not have day talk in this game.

Thus, if scum do not have day talk, then its a town tell.

Thus, prosaurus is probtown.

Thus, Maxous/Dups still looking like remaining scum.

Thus, thus. :P
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Maxous' first real stated read on NE:

Maxous wrote:
Neccesary Evil - Seems to be making a genuine effort to question and find mafia, I don't agree with the case on him. Lean town at the moment I guess..

This almost reads as though he's hesitant to declare a town read on NE. Why? His stated reasons imply a solid town read, so this pings my scumdar a little.

In ISO 35 he states a null read on NE. There's nothing to indicate why NE has moved from a town read to null. Between the previous quote and this point, he questions other players why they think NE is scum (especially TS) but I can't see much critical reading of NE at all. He responds to NE but he doesn't question him, and he still doesn't seem to make any effort to read NE when he considers him the second-best available lynch candidate after Me=Weird.

The response to the guilty claim is very non-committal on NE's alignment and buys NE some time:

Maxous wrote:Let Neccessary Evil respond at least.
Those votes are too quick.

Apart from that, not much to discuss.The town decides to lynch NE or not at this stage. Discussing other suspects would be pointless until that is decided.

The next post he segues into casting doubt on both Farside and Rhinox regardless of NE's alignment:

Maxous wrote:Neccessary Evil calling Twistedspoon a liar makes things easier.
Twistedspoon wrote:
Necessary Evil wrote:And, yeah, I agree with Maxous that the speed of my wagon is highly suspect.

how is it suspect when I have a guilty result :igmeou:

I'll explain. There are two scenarios.
NE is town, NE is mafia.

Farside and Rhinox voted without any consideration for the possibility that NE would either be framed or was a miller. They did'nt care.
If NE is town it could be that they blindly followed a cop result to bandwagon for a easy lynch on town.
If NE is mafia it could be that they know he is mafia and decided to vote straight away to cover themselves and be on the lynch.

Either way it is suspect.
I would include Quilford as well but he is clear due to the mason claim.

Twistedspoon wrote:
we've already lost one one-shot cop and we can't afford to lose another

But you already used your ability :p

Necessary Evil wrote: And, yeah, I agree with Maxous that the speed of my wagon is highly suspect.

Anybody in particular?
Also : Are you confident Twistedspoon is lying about this? What do you think about the possibilty of a mafia framer?

@Farside and Rhinox: Why did the two of you instantly beleive the result from Twistedspoon? As far as I remember he was on both of your suspect lists.

The questions here do not focus on determining NE's alignment; instead they revolve around who's suspect out of those who voted him, and what other potential explanations there could be for the guilty result. His attitude seems to be that both TS and NE are town, which I find to be an unlikely attitude for a townie to take in this situation, mainly due to the lack of consideration that one/both could be scum.

ISO 40 is a strange one that I can't quite fathom out. Maxous basically outlines why it's incredibly unlikely that TS is mafia; but then doesn't take the logical step that NE is likely mafia. He does state that it's plausible they could both be mafia, but again there's a lack of thrust here. Honestly, I would expect a buddy to cast more doubt on TS than Maxous is doing here, although TS is at L-2, so the motivation of trying to buy towncred by arguing that TS is town could apply.

In 41 we finally get an indication that he doesn't actually believe this framer theory:

farside22 wrote:
point.
At Maxous and anyone else in the game. Have you ever seen a person claim cop and question it?

Yes.
And by "question it" you mean wondering if there is a framer? How can a cop know for sure?
Even if you are a cop the only people that know for sure are mafia. There is usually a possibility that your results can be manipulated, unless the set-up states otherwise.
The reason I have'nt voted NE is in case there is a framer. With TS voting NE yesterday it is feasible the mafia could accurately guess who TS would investigate.
That being said I currently don't think so, but the possibility is worth exploring.
[/quote]

So the underlying implication is that he
does
think NE is scum. So where's the analysis? He says he's rereading, but there are no results. This is compounded by the response to NE in ISO 43 (bolded for emphasis):

Maxous wrote:
Necessary Evil wrote:There's no reason for him to think that there is a framer, or for anybody else to think that. Cop sanity is guaranteed in normals. TS was expressing doubt in his guilty result to give him an out. When I flip town, he'll insist that there is a framer or something that altered his result. He knows he'll be lynched if he doesn't give himself some kind of out.

He did'nt express doubt about the result.

Necessary Evil wrote:
Do you have any reason to think there is a framer? Does anybody? How do you suggest we explore this possibility?

Well I don't have a reason to but there was no point in rushing into a lynch without exploring the possibility. We're not short on time.

The only way to explore the possibiltiy is seeing if there is enough reasonable doubt about yourself being mafia

And there's my biggest problem of all. For the entirety of the game, there's barely a shred of evidence that Maxous has read NE's posts and tried to assess his alignment. The first post I quoted is the only time he really indicates that he's assessed NE at all, and even then his conclusion doesn't quite match his stated findings. Now we get to this situation where he explicitly states that the only way to assess the existence of a framer is to see if there is 'reasonable doubt' about NE being scum. Why is there no evidence of this? Ever since the guilty, Maxous has repeatedly stated the possibility of a framer, but not only does he apparently never believe one existed, he also gives no indication of trying to assess NE's alignment based on his posts,
which he declares is the only way to explore his theory.

Finally, after again questioning someone else (Duplicity) about their NE read without giving his own opinion, he moves on to voting NE, still with no indication of whether he's ever read NE's posts and decided how likely his framer theory is.

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 8:23 am

Post by Rhinox »

SPOILER ALERT!
Spoiler: Spoiler
I agree with Locke Lamora.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:04 am

Post by neil1113 »

Rhinox wrote:
Mod, any chance you could update the first post with current players and who they replaced? I'm having trouble keeping track. It was quilford who replaced klazam, yes?

Sure thing! Give me a little bit but I should update it later on today.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

whilst you're at it, it still says N2 :/

Ahem.. not anymore.
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Alright, I'm having some internet difficulties, this post was typed before I've had a chance to read the recent posts in the thread but I still feel as if it's needed to post. G will be taking over for the next few days until I can find a way to get internet back at my house.

Living Players: Quilford, Rhinox, Maxous, Prosarus, Farside22, Locke, Duplicity, Twistedspoon

Quilford – Town:
There’s no need to go into this, he’s clear.

Duplicity – Town.:
We know we’re town thus no need to go into this either.

Rhinox – Town:
This read I’m actually fairly confident, as is G, our earlier hesitations with him have been dealt with in his last few posts. The following are reasons we believe he’s town:
3a. The depth of his analysis yesterday attempting to show how it was optimal to lynch NE read as a legitimate town effort.
3b. The annoyance and frustration that he showed in the amount of time it took for the NE lynch to occur along with his suspicion of those not voting NE read as town opposed to bussing mafia.
3c. His ‘Wifoming’ over the death is something mafia avoid to do. Talking about the night-kill is generally a big no-no for mafia and he’s experienced enough to avoid doing so.
3d. His turn about town read on Farside at a time there is a lot of people suspecting her is something mafia would avoid doing. They would merely stand back and watch her lynch take place.
3e. Mafia avoid putting definite team suggestions out there such as “One mafia is in A/B, and the other is in C/D’ whereas town naturally put together likely teams via interactions.

Prosarus – Town:
This read we’re both confident about. We’ve gone into our reasoning for why we believe this earlier which I’ll state here again for solidities sake:
4a. His thoughts and opinions throughout the game almost mirror mine as I read through it with a few exceptions.
4b. His attempt to redirect the vig shot away from Ender reads as a town-tell especially due to the fact that everyone else was pushing towards him.
4c. The confidence in his vote on Oso and shown frustration over the lack of agreement in it reads as a town-tell even though it's incorrect.
4d. The fact that he believes that mafia have some form of day-talk reads as a town-tell. I could be misreading this, but I’ve never seen day talk in a mini in which it isn’t blatantly stated in the OP.

This only leaves Maxous, TwistedSpoon, Farside, Locke.

My base reads on these players are as follows:
Locke - Slight Town.

Farside - Slight Scum

Maxous - Slight Town

TwistedSpoon - Slight Scum

This is where it gets tricky.
- I can’t see TwistedSpoon being mafia with Locke at all given yesterdays and day ones interaction.
- I can’t see TwistedSpoon being mafia with Farside at all given the fact she’d have voted NE and stuck on him if that was a planned buss.
- I can’t see Maxous being mafia with Farside at all given the outright eagerness towards making a case on her.

This leaves the only realistic pairings remaining to be.
1. TwistedSpoon (Slight Scum) + Maxous (Slight Town) - Possible.
2. EA (Slight Town) + Maxous (Slight Town) - Unlikely.
3. EA (Slight Town) + Farside (Slight Scum) - Possible.

I am going to need to do some more reading in depth over the interactions of these pairings but I would like to hear everyones thoughts and stances over which they believe may be the case and which they doubt being the case.

Edit: The above few posts make me more certain on my Rhinox town-read, and I'm starting to regain a town-read on EA.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by farside22 »

All questions from Max
Maxous wrote:- First was instantly votes NE after TS' guilty. She later stated this was because she beleived TS' claim due to him suspecting NE the whole day.

And? It was believable claim with how what he said yesterday in regards to NE. Newb cop investigating scum read makes sense.

- Then we get into the 'I think' issue, where she says TS made a slip and covered himself by saying there might be a framer. After instantly beleiving TS about the guilty.

As I said I have been a town cop before I never doubt what I was sent by the mod. If the mod tells me someone is guilty and I had a scum read on them the day before you better believe I don't doubt that PM from the mod.

- I pointed out that I was sceptical about this change of mind about beleiving TS and she responded by saying it was because she suspected TS yesterday and called myself and TS a scum team together. Seems like deflecting. Also if she suspected TS yesterday to the point where she did'nt really beleive his claim, then I am again confused about instantly voting NE.

See point 1 first response.

- This last post is the most interesting. She claims she is having a hard time beleiving there is two one-shot cops. So why did she beleive it in the first place when she voted NE?

See post 1. Seriously this is all the same question with the same answer.

Max wrote:- She also claims that "I would think TS scum would be smart enough to get an innocent on another player then bussing and leaving no outs."
Then why argue that TS was scum in the first place? Or am I misunderstanding something about this?

I have a tendency to tunnel on people. I start to take a step back and think about evaluating things when I see my tunneling. No one else but Dup thought TS was faking and I starting wondering if I was going crazy myself.

As for the vote count anaylsis lets look at each one:

I see Rhinox did this so I stopped from what I started 2 days ago (shesh)

I have a bunch of catch up to do. Will try and get to what I missed either tonight or tomorrow morning depending on interruptions.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by farside22 »

Catch up post:

@Pro: How do you know what a day talk is if you never played scum before?
I see you said something about Mason. Have you been in a game you were mason with a day talk?

max wrote:@Farside: Putting what together?

I starting questioning TS motives at the end of the day. What would scum do, what would they gain. I think NE wanted to stop conversation so he hammered.

Locke Lamora wrote:
Vote: Maxous

Discuss. I'm still rereading some things but I'll be back later with more.

I don't see it. I thought Maxous/TS day 1. But NE/Maxous? I would like you to explain why.

Ah never mind. I refrain from this question on catch up.

Dup wrote:Assuming Twisted is town for a second, it means that one of my town-reads is incorrect, of those the one I'm least certain on given NEs flip is EA.
Assuming Twisted is scum for a second, his other partner is likely on the wagon as well as the guilty would have been planned to give them both town-cred. This is where it gets tricky, if this is the case I can see Maxous as his partner. In other words, if I can get a solid read on EA that I'm comfortable with I can get then work out TS's allignment.

I started thinking about this but I had Rhinox in my head instead of EA. Will explain once I catch up.

I disagree with mass claim. If we don't lynch scum today tomorrow leave 5 players. If there is another PR in the game that is unclaimed, let them stay unclaimed with mylo tomorrow then.

LL's case is very good. I am in the process of reread in all mini games. I will have to see if I come to any conclusion of Maxous/EA (those two I recall both were back and forth about NE)
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

farside22 wrote:Catch up post:

I see you said something about Mason. Have you been in a game you were mason with a day talk?

Well I knew scum have a quick topic, I didn't think there were rules against them using it during the day.
I think Mason must have daytalk, how else could Quilford post Juls' final reads on Day 1?
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Duplicity wrote:4.
Prosarus – Town:
This read we’re both confident about. We’ve gone into our reasoning for why we believe this earlier which I’ll state here again for solidities sake:
4a. His thoughts and opinions throughout the game almost mirror mine as I read through it with a few exceptions.
4b. His attempt to redirect the vig shot away from Ender reads as a town-tell especially due to the fact that everyone else was pushing towards him.
4c. The confidence in his vote on Oso and shown frustration over the lack of agreement in it reads as a town-tell even though it's incorrect.
4d. The fact that he believes that mafia have some form of day-talk reads as a town-tell. I could be misreading this, but I’ve never seen day talk in a mini in which it isn’t blatantly stated in the OP.

4b That's an EA post. I don't remember redirecting the vig shot.
4c Is also an EA post, and I never voted Oso that I remember.

It seems you've mixed up your analysis of me and EA/Locke.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 1:52 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Duplicity: what is it that makes you think NE/TS weren't bussing D1?

Prosaurus: have you read a scum QT from any of your previous games?

If people are still considering massclaim I say we definitely shouldn't do it. I don't see how it could help town more than scum at this stage.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Prosaurus wrote:
farside22 wrote:Catch up post:

Well I knew scum have a quick topic, I didn't think there were rules against them using it during the day.
I think Mason must have daytalk, how else could Quilford post Juls' final reads on Day 1?

Okay for those who seem to believe Pro slipped. I believe he wasn't paying attention.
For the record Quilfords post was day 2, not day 1.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Maxous »

@Locke:
Day 1 - What changed between my posts of 'slight town' to 'null' was that Ender(dead),Erratus and Rhinox were no longer my suspicions. When they were, I thought EA was town. When they were were'nt I was'nt as sure of him (due everybody but Me=Weird being stronger town reads. Well, Juls also but she claimed mason :I)

Day 2 - First thought was wait to see if EA claimed miller. I said something to the effect of 'that makes things easier' when he did'nt.
Next thought was to not jump into a lynch in case there was a framer (I thought it possible because of two seperate cops and the mafia would be able to figure out TS' target easily). As I said at the end of Day 1, I was null on him, I did'nt have any particular reason to think he was mafia.(apart from the guilty report).
So, okay I can see why there is no clear evidence to you that I was trying to figure out his alignment as I was'nt posting all my thoughts about it in the thread, but I
was
assessing what NE posted.

"So the underlying implication is that he does think NE is scum"

By that stage, yes. NE started saying things "give me one reason why TS is town", "he would be lynched if he did'nt claim a guilty" and he also took TS' "I think" comment out of context (quite purposely). EA was accusing TS of doubting his report while also accusing TS of wanting to lynch him too fast(an indicator of confidence in his report). Through comments like this I began to think NE was indeed mafia.

I had pratically already decided I was going to vote NE before the end of the day 2 period, at the time I responded to his question about exploring the possibility of a framer. (the bolded quote).
But he asked how do you explore the possibility of a framer? And my answer
is
the way you explore the possibility(well in most cases).

In hindsight, I should of announced my decision earlier and made it clearer to avoid this confusion. But honestly I was far more interested in what Farside,Rhinox and Duplicity were saying. I was trying to figure out which of them are likely mafia.(Espicially when Farside and Duplicity started pointing the finger at Twistedspoon)
I saw it as more advantageous to not commit to voting NE at the time(to keep them talking). I only voted for him when I felt we were'nt going to get a lot more out of the discussion that day.

Locke Lamora wrote:The next post he segues into casting doubt on both Farside and Rhinox regardless of NE's alignment:

FYI - I stand by this.

Questions:

@Duplicity: You mentioned you were having serious doubts on EA? What doubts?
Also if you are regaining a town-read on EA(locke) does that mean myself and twisted are the mafia pairing then?

@Farside: How do you feel about Twistedspoon alignment after EA's flip?

@Rhinox: Do you have any reason why you beleive Farside is town apart from the Javert kill?
Also, you said you agree about Locke on his assesment of myself? With all of his points or just the conclusion?
Is there any points you disagree?

@Twistedspoon and Prosaurus: Number one suspect for mafia please. ^_^

I will get to Farside's response next time.I already spent too much time with this post :/
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Locke Lamora wrote:Duplicity: what is it that makes you think NE/TS weren't bussing D1?

Prosaurus: have you read a scum QT from any of your previous games?

If people are still considering massclaim I say we definitely shouldn't do it. I don't see how it could help town more than scum at this stage.

Nope. Don't know if they were even posted.

Maxous wrote:@Twistedspoon and Prosaurus: Number one suspect for mafia please. ^_^

Ea, which means Locke.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Maxous: well, that's just it. The way you went about it looked like you were trying to plant ideas and seeing if they took root rather than making any assessment of your own. It very much reads like scum waiting to see which way the wind is going to blow before committing. So yes, your answer about how you explore the possibility of a framer is fine, but the lack of evidence of you doing it is scummy. Your explanation of your D1 suspicions indicates that you didn't downgrade NE based on his play, but based on your reads of other people, which again shows a lack of critical reading on the NE slot on your part. In short, you inexplicably treat NE's slot differently to other players throughout the game, which is a strong indicator of a scumbuddy.

Let me ask you this: if NE was such an obvious target for TS, why do you think he was still given the chance to use his investigation?

Prosaurus: do you have a case? Do you have any questions for me? What do you think of Duplicity's towntells on my slot (that he mistakenly attributed to you)?

Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 8:11 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

I don't really have a case, but I suppose it's mainly his super sureness of scum, vote hopping and a bit of bandwagonning.
4b I say is null because Ender flipped town, 4c I think the opposite because I see it as trying to get everyone to agree with him and vote... Though I guess that
could
be a town tell.

This makes me realize how I've been paying so little attention to this game, I really should pay more attention.
From PoE I guess Farside looks like scum.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 8:31 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Well, I've seen townies be sure they've caught scum a thousand times, and vote-hopping and bandwagonning can be pro-town if done right. But yes, I recommend you reread and draw your own conclusions.

TS: why did you think NE was the best lynch on D1?

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 2:49 am

Post by farside22 »

Max wrote:@Farside: How do you feel about Twistedspoon alignment after EA's flip?

neil1113 wrote:
Locke Lamora replaced Erratus Apathos, effective immediately. Please give him a warm welcome into the game!

Unless I missed something, which seeing LL still talking tells me I haven't, EA hasn't flipped so I have no feel for it.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 7:56 am

Post by neil1113 »

Vote Count #3.3:
Day Three

farside22
(2) Quilford, Maxous
Maxous
(1): Locke Lamora
Twistedspoon
(0):
Duplicity
(0):
Locke Lamora
(0):
Quilford
(0):
Prosaurus
(0):
Rhinox
(0):

No Lynch
(0):

Not Voting
(5): Prosaurus, Duplicity, farside22, Rhinox, Twistedspoon
V/LA
(0):
Prodding:
(0):

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Deadline
for Day 3 is
9:00 PM EST 05/16/11.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”