sAbLLimINal
sAbLLimINal
Townie
sAbLLimINal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by sAbLLimINal »

C-Worl wrote:Because there's a difference in context. He can not care about the claim at L1 (bc anyone can fake claim at L1 and it's easier than some make it sound) but the fact that Kuz DIDN'T claim shows that he needed time to MAKE a good fake claim (Good ones take time) It's scummy as hell.

I don't think kuz didn't claim because he needs days to make a "good fake claim." All it takes is a couple of minutes at most, so I don't see this as any argument at all. It's been 5 days since he hasn't posted so I am assuming by the rules we are going to get a replacement.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by C-Worl »

sAbLLimINal wrote:
C-Worl wrote:Because there's a difference in context. He can not care about the claim at L1 (bc anyone can fake claim at L1 and it's easier than some make it sound) but the fact that Kuz DIDN'T claim shows that he needed time to MAKE a good fake claim (Good ones take time) It's scummy as hell.

I don't think kuz didn't claim because he needs days to make a "good fake claim." All it takes is a couple of minutes at most, so I don't see this as any argument at all. It's been 5 days since he hasn't posted so I am assuming by the rules we are going to get a replacement.

Just... no. Easy fake claims can be though up in second but won't always accomplish the purpose of killing a wagon. GOOD fake claims can take forever to get right but once done will derail almost any wagon against you.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 11:11 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Rhinox wrote:
ThAd wrote:Can't I be doing both?
I thought the whole point is to try to convince others to vote who you think is scum?
You can do both, but not a the same time. If you're convincing others to vote who you think is scum, you have to already think the player is scum, and thus already have a read. IMO, it seemed like you skipped the figuring out stage and jumped right into the convincing others to lynch him stage. Unless you "figured out" he was scum entirely from his reaction to iaun calling cworl town, then I stand by my original comment that its a weak reason for thinking kuz is scum.

I see what you mean. I did go through the figuring out stage, although it may not have been obvious. I was confident enough that he was a good chance of scum when I put him to -1 and everything he did since then only made me more confident so naturally I began to try to convince people more and more to vote him.

Rhinox wrote:@ThAd: *twitch* is the fact that they were both scum in that other game supposed to make us think you're town who's right about kuz in this game? :P (rhetorical question, mostly).

Yup. :D
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Beefster »

th3kuzinator has been replaced by Archaist
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2011 7:52 am

Post by C-Worl »

Hey Archaist who is your partner?
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Archaist »

Hello everyone. First off; my take on the whole "town read" argument. Everything should be questioned, the more useful information we have to work with, the better. Than said, the speculation on the various scenarios put forth by Rhinox and ThAdmiral (#109) is just a list of variables. We all know there are many variables and possibilities. Listing all the ways scum/town might claim town reads on other scum/town is needless unless each possibility is backed up by an
in game
example. There's no point in listing possibilities for which the conditions have not been met.

Speaking of many possibilities:
Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:Also, I don't want to hammer nor am I afraid to hammer. If I was scummy in wanting to hammer but being afraid to hammer, I'd be hammering town, would I not? As such, I would be encouraging this wagon, rather than discouraging it. I don't understand the reasoning behind your vote.

That's a
whole
lot of WIFOM. What did you hope to accomplish by giving such a convoluted response?

EmpTyger wrote:To me, the jump onto kuz feels like simple opportunism.

Kind of like your #55, a blatant attempt to start a wagon... for coming in a bit late?

Fishythefish wrote:
EmpTyger wrote:kuz:
th3kuzinator wrote:Why you both are assuming malicious intent behind the question is beyond me.

Well, why *shouldn't* they assume malicious intent? This is a game of mafia, after all.
And why should "it's my playstyle" give you carte blanche to do whatever-you-want?

I don't like this much, particularly in the context of kuz being under attack. The first sentence is just nonsense - of course everyone should assume the
possibility
of malicious intent, but assuming malicious intent to make your case is arguing from your conclusions.

I agree with this. The whole arguing from conclusions thing also applies to Rhinox and ThAdmiral's list of possibilities I mentioned above, i.e. listing some town read scenarios and then using those to make your point.

Between the contrived listing of possibilities, arguing about town reads, and speculating about why kuz left, I don't feel like there's enough at this point to make my vote.

C-Worl wrote:Hey Archaist who
is
are your partner(s)?
Fixed. The town. Who is/are yours?
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2011 9:09 am

Post by C-Worl »

My right hand and sometimes a pastrami sandwich.

Oh you mean, yeah, lol, town. (Iseewatudidthur)
Show

Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

I was kinda sleepy at the time since I only get on to post at night, and had been working at the time. Nonetheless I was basically saying if I'd wanted to hammer, I'd have demanded a claim, then hammered.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Archaist wrote:Between the contrived listing of possibilities, arguing about town reads, and speculating about why kuz left, I don't feel like there's enough at this point to make my vote.

Cop out. Vote somebody.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Archaist »

Hmm, voting based on reason when I have a good case against someone, or voting when ThAdmiral says so. Tough choice :roll: . Why so impatient?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

To vote is to take responsibility. To not vote is to avoid taking responsibility.

Ergo = cop-out.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 2:18 am

Post by C-Worl »

Unvote; Vote: TheAdmiral

Let's just lynch him so we can get the game moving forward.
Show

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 3:57 am

Post by Rhinox »

C-Worl wrote:
sAbLLimINal wrote:

Just... no. Easy fake claims can be though up in second but won't always accomplish the purpose of killing a wagon. GOOD fake claims can take forever to get right but once done will derail almost any wagon against you.

Cworl, do you see where anyone actually *asked* kuz to claim?

I would have handled the situation the same way were I at L-1. Townies shouldn't ever
want
to claim. Even if 1 person asked me to claim, I would have refused on the grounds it was like page 3 and I'd need at least a few people to be demanding my claim.

C-Worl wrote:
Unvote; Vote: TheAdmiral

Let's just lynch him so we can get the game moving forward.

I don't like this at all. Do you think ThAd is scummy at all?

unvote
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Archaist »

Lynching someone just to "get the game moving forward," without presenting any case? Playing to people's impatience to make a quick decision without thinking it through.
Vote: C-Worl
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Yeah, wtf?

vote: c-world
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by C-Worl »

I'm sorry, sue me for wanting to move the game along. I wasn't convinced of Adscum but I'm also not convinced of Adtown. The game needed to move forward and we were at a stalemate. I broke the stalemate. Sue me for it.
Show

sAbLLimINal
sAbLLimINal
Townie
sAbLLimINal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by sAbLLimINal »

C-Worl wrote:I'm sorry, sue me for wanting to move the game along. I wasn't convinced of Adscum but I'm also not convinced of Adtown. The game needed to move forward and we were at a stalemate. I broke the stalemate. Sue me for it.

Having two competing bandwagons is actually pro-town because it allows many opinions and alignments to form. It's also not the best decision to want to end the day early if we still have more than a week left to gather more information. However, I'm still leaning towards ThAdmiral right now. His vote just shows that he will do anything to not get lynched, and I'm sure if another bandwagon forms he will be on that one with little explanation as to why he's on it.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

C-Worl wrote:Sue me for it.

I'd rather vote you for it.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

sAbLLimINal wrote:However, I'm still leaning towards ThAdmiral right now. His vote just shows that he will do anything to not get lynched, and I'm sure if another bandwagon forms he will be on that one with little explanation as to why he's on it.

Wait what?

How is me voting c-word for an absolutely terribad wagon-jump indicitive of me "doing anything to not get lynched"?
C-word has one other vote on him, and I would have voted him even if he didn't. How does that suggest I will jump on another bandwagon with little explanation?
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by C-Worl »

So regardless of anyone else you would've OMGUSd me? Good to know.
Show

Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Beefster »

Votecount 1.6

ThAdmiral (3) - Fishy, sAb, C-Worl

C-Worl (2) - Archaist, ThAdmiral
Archaist (1) - iamausername
Rhinox (1) - EmpTyger

Not Voting
- Mitsuru Kijiro, Rhinox

With 9 players alive, it takes
to lynch.

EmpTyger has been prodded
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

C-Worl wrote:So regardless of anyone else you would've OMGUSd me? Good to know.

Not every time a person votes someone that votes them can it be reduced to omgus. I voted you because you jumped on a wagon you didn't believe in to try to push a lynch through in a game where people have been posting pretty regularly. It was opportunistic and scummy. I don't buy the whole "push things forward" bs.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

Why would you want to lynch somebody to "move the game forward"? What do you believe a random lynch will accomplish?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Sorry, I haven't been around much this weekend.

C-Worl's reason for voting ThAd is pretty bad. However, it doesn't look particularly scummy to me - I can't see scum just admitting they don't really have a reason to hop on a bandwagon.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 9:40 pm

Post by C-Worl »

ThAdmiral wrote:I voted you because you jumped on a wagon you didn't believe in to try to push a lynch through in a game where people have been posting pretty regularly. It was opportunistic and scummy. I don't buy the whole "push things forward" bs.

Yes because over ten hours between the post where I did that and the last post in the game before that shows that people were definitely posting regularly.
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”