Open 307-Friends and Enemies Deadly Alliance-Town Wins!!

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Tue May 17, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

/confirm
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (isolation #1) » Wed May 18, 2011 9:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

vote: Parabollocks

Very scummy play so far. The only two possible reasons the wagon was painfully large was slayer gambit or random fate. A unified group of scum actually causing a lynch is impossible. (so improbable I approximate it with "impossible, that is")

I'm led to believe that PB wants to voice opposition to a town wagon, but has done so in a rather fail way that exposes nontown thought processes.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (isolation #2) » Wed May 18, 2011 9:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

How important to you is it that you keep that avatar?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (isolation #3) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

Yes
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (isolation #4) » Thu May 19, 2011 8:32 am

Post by popsofctown »

PB has started dropping some towntells.
unvote
. Spadille is rather misguided, he needs to look for the wine across the table: scumPB would yank his vote back into his turtle shell (or Mettaur helmet, bweheheh...) the moment he admitted any weakness his current vote has. TownPB leaves the vote due to forgetfulness, lack of a new target, and/or confirmation bias that makes him want to stay there anyway.

DonJosh wrote:

[LowKey] wrote:He uses the excuse of no content due to his cellphone but seems quite able to post frequently to Pops' queries. Why can't he provide some minimal town related content?

Typing for a long time on an iPod is frustrating. The reason I didn't want to vote yet was because voting without explaining is a lot worse than FoS'ing without explanation. If it makes you happy,

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Parabollocks

I don't understand how everyone else just passed over the post. It's clear that DonJosh is doing more work to manage his image than he is trying to catch scum. If his resources were, in fact, limited, he should have posted snippits about his reads to the exclusion of my clearly offtopic queries. He should have been brave enough to vote in the first place with a promise to explain later, his FoS is fearful, and applied less pressure purely for the sake of protecting his neck. And if he says FoSing without an explanation is "worse", but doesn't bother to explain how an unexplained FoS is more antitown than an unexplained vote. (hint: I don't really think you can)

But if there is a good reason behind your original behavior, you should stick by it. You seem to feel your action was protown, but won't stick by it if it causes you more pressure.
Vote: DonJosh

@Snarky: I did not have any reasons for voting Parabollocks that were unique to me. It was the third page of the flipping thread. The best I could do is explain my understanding of it.

@DonJosh: Your avatar looks ugly as a dead opossum to me. It's your right to keep it, but I politely request you get a different one. I'll post a new one for you if you ask. I think avatars I much dislike knock my reads off course, if only slightly.

@all: I would be delighted if we could stop using cliche' metaphors involving genitalia. I'm going to have parents over my shoulder for most of the summer, and it's a pain to minimize and unminimize mafiascum as they walk around.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (isolation #5) » Thu May 19, 2011 10:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

V/LA 20th-26th
. It's a long time, but I've completed over a dozen games onsite without replacement, and I'd love it if I could keep it that way. I can make a jolly good post as soon as my vacation is over, and maybe snippets before
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (isolation #6) » Thu May 19, 2011 10:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

DK is reading rather townily.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (isolation #7) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

[Low Key] wrote:

Pops wrote:PB has started dropping some towntells. unvote

Could you please be more specific?

He's not acting very survivalist at all.

I get a strong town gut read from his description of mindsets. He's getting into the heads of his attackers to divine their true intentions rather than focussing on rendering the wagon baseless by disproving its basis. That's not what OMGUS means. And OMGUS doesn't mean you don't have any bias anymore than being brave means you've never known fear. A good townie tries to minimize their biases and look at the motivations of the players attacking him.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (isolation #8) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I was going to complain about post 105's lack of analysis (it ninja'ed my post, for I am a fat, slow ninja) but it votes for donjosh and puts me in towntier and i'm easily bribed...
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (isolation #9) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

V/LA edit
: looks like i can be back by the 25th or even the 24th.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (isolation #10) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

back, not able to post quite yet.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (isolation #11) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm gonna multipost a bit, apologies in advance.

Archaist wrote:

popsofctown wrote:
[Low Key] wrote:

Pops wrote:PB has started dropping some towntells. unvote

Could you please be more specific?

He's not acting very survivalist at all.

I get a strong town gut read from his description of mindsets. He's getting into the heads of his attackers to divine their true intentions rather than focussing on rendering the wagon baseless by disproving its basis. That's not what OMGUS means. And OMGUS doesn't mean you don't have any bias anymore than being brave means you've never known fear. A good townie tries to minimize their biases and look at the motivations of the players attacking him.

And DK isn't acting survivalist and minimizing his biases? Could you please clarify this for me?

I didn't feel like I would have to explain how DK isn't being a survivalist.. He put himself in the spotlight from the getgo by selfvoting. He retained the spotlight by strutting when he was attacked, saying his selfvote was operating on some higher level of scumhunting no one else understands. (I agree with muffins, he has funny posts).

DK posted about where he though each of his attackers was coming from. I don't know the exact post, it was recent when I posted or I would have quoted it. Analyzing the motivations of the people wagonning you reduces OMGUS bias the way measuring your half of a cookie makes it more difficult to insist your sibling got the bigger half. It doesn't dispense with it entirely no, and I would agree DK is somewhat biased against his attackers. But he is trying.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (isolation #12) » Tue May 24, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Or maybe I won't multipost. I do feel like I had another question to answer, but that I lost it. Guess it's spilt milk now.

I'm not seeing Deity Kabuto scum. It doesn't fit at all. Deity Kabuto, is very, very antitown, and very irritating. And I'm debating whether he's on my blacklist. But it's not hard to tell what kind of VI he is. I mean heck, he doesn't even have viable scumpartners. The only people who stick up for him are me and muffins. Muffins can't be his partner because DK wants muffins shot, and scumVI don't bus like that. From my point-of-view I'm not his partner, I guess I have to leave that up to you all to figure out for yourselves. But no one else defends DK or even works very hard at offering alternate targets for the lynch. That plus looking at his crude but genuine attempts at scumhunting make me have to resist even a claimed VT lynch. And I love lynching claimed VTs. It's like getting to push a dime into a fifty cent slot machine and still getting the same chance to win with the lower risk.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (isolation #13) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

There is no logical reason I can possibly think of that you'd want to vote yourself.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (isolation #14) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

HE HAS INSIDE INFO ABOUT A SECOND SCUMTEAM.

OH MY GOD.

LYNCH HIM SO WE CAN FOCUS ON MAFIA TEAM B NEXT.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (isolation #15) » Wed May 25, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

LowKey what specifically do you want to hear from me?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (isolation #16) » Wed May 25, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

@@@Snarky:

DK and Toro go off to visit Mars. Who would your next scum pick be and why?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (isolation #17) » Wed May 25, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Oh. Yeah, I don't do those. They're anti-town. Only my top few scum picks matter to the town. My townreads don't help us lynch scum, they'll do little to protect the person and will work the same as me waiting to defend that player at L-1. Townreads do help scum know who to kill, though. So I don't point out shining townies or even defend people if they aren't under pain of death pressure.

If the point is to get a better read on me, that's a noble pursuit, but I'm certainly not on the chopping block and there will be plenty of daylight tomorrow. I admit that my vacation had the effect of making me more enigmatic, and I regret that that had to happen.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (isolation #18) » Wed May 25, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Toro and Snarky. Those two are pretty much it. Both have read other posters posts in a way that borders on willfully ignorant, Toro: zmuffins refusal to lynch goons:: Snarky: the significance of DK's self vote (or rather lack thereof). Snarky has been incoherent and seems to have no willful desire to determine who is scum and move the town towards stringing that person up, particularly his last post. Toro was really just trying too hard on DKlynch. In his OP he says, "Oh, when I started reading the thread I thought Spadille was being silly, but then I saw DK was actually scummy". I find that rather implausible. Spadille stuck on to DK's silliness early on. If you didn't follow him then, you wouldn't have wanted to follow him later, DK's play improved, Spadille renounced the strength of his scumread, and most of Spadille's later motivation for attack DK was confirmation bias which replacementToro wouldn't have had if he started out pro DK.

Both Snarky and Toro are incredibly scummy for getting off the DK wagon now. DK's last few posts have been craptastic, and he has recently claimed VT. It was hard for my own read on DK to tolerate that behavior, let alone someone who was already anti-DK. DK's play isn't what has changed here. It's how many necks it costs to attack DK right now.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (isolation #19) » Wed May 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

[Low Key] wrote:(Editor's note: Both Snarky and Toro browsed in here after I posted #423 and silence)

You're quite a power user aren't you
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (isolation #20) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

That's cause I'm a bawss. (anyone who gets the joke gets 5 gold stars)

Snarky, come on; post.

@Toro: figured, you've been appearing active all day, I doubted you're such a slow reader. I never saw Snarky's activity though, and depending on length it could have some degree of meaning.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (isolation #21) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Low Key, why do you want Toro vigged rather than Snarky or DonJosh
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (isolation #22) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You said muffin and Kabuto are connected toro, and said that somehow makes you want to lynch neither. If it makes sense, it's beyond me. Town muffin can ignorantly defend scumDK, and presumably that's what you felt was the case from the outset because muffin had been defending DK since before you replaced in.

Again, the causes are too much climate change, too little re-analysis of the targets.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (isolation #23) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I hate having a job. Now I have to go three or more waking hours without checking mafiascum. I'll go mad.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (isolation #24) » Wed May 25, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

No, it's not a reference to that obscene video. They didn't invent the word.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (isolation #25) » Wed May 25, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Snarky you're browsing again. post.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (isolation #26) » Wed May 25, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Snarky. You're not in any other open games. come on.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (isolation #27) » Wed May 25, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm eager to find out if that's because you know Toro will flip town.

Snarky, claim or die. I want to shoot you.

Shooting Toro doesn't give anyone any info about me. Toro's death has became a near certainty. On a Snarky town flip, I'll happily vote Toro, I think he's almost as likely to be scum as Snarky. Maybe more even, but a Snarky scum flip clears me and Toro both, a Toro scum flip doesn't clear me.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (isolation #28) » Wed May 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

if the evil four is actually a correct theory, we've won the game whether I misvig or not.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (isolation #29) » Wed May 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

why aren't you mad at me LK? You wanted me to shoot Toro. Waiting for the flip so you can play monday morning quarterback?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (isolation #30) » Wed May 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Lying and actually forcing a claim would be terribly antitown if i had no gun.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (isolation #31) » Thu May 26, 2011 2:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

Snarky didn't at all read like a busser. Where is your head at LK?

No time now, we have to find the next scum though.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (isolation #32) » Thu May 26, 2011 7:37 am

Post by popsofctown »

It's not ironic. I like shooting people who are attacking me. It's fun.

unvote, vote chkflip

I didn't like DJ's posting on its own either
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (isolation #33) » Thu May 26, 2011 9:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

My thoughts would be that reminding me about your premature VT claim in every post you make is not helping your cause
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (isolation #34) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:00 am

Post by popsofctown »

come on Loki, that's gratuitous
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (isolation #35) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

wait, chainsaw?

And who is he protecting with the chainsaw? I need to know for post flip, at the least.

And you know that isn't a legit reason to request replacement. Don't do that.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (isolation #36) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

post #537 was gratuitous
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (isolation #37) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

I iso'ed chkflip, since I figured he couldn't be this upset unless I had glossed over some of his posts.

You asked to know what bothered me about DonJosh:

popsofctown wrote:PB has started dropping some towntells.
unvote
. Spadille is rather misguided, he needs to look for the wine across the table: scumPB would yank his vote back into his turtle shell (or Mettaur helmet, bweheheh...) the moment he admitted any weakness his current vote has. TownPB leaves the vote due to forgetfulness, lack of a new target, and/or confirmation bias that makes him want to stay there anyway.

DonJosh wrote:

[LowKey] wrote:He uses the excuse of no content due to his cellphone but seems quite able to post frequently to Pops' queries. Why can't he provide some minimal town related content?

Typing for a long time on an iPod is frustrating. The reason I didn't want to vote yet was because voting without explaining is a lot worse than FoS'ing without explanation. If it makes you happy,

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Parabollocks

I don't understand how everyone else just passed over the post. It's clear that DonJosh is doing more work to manage his image than he is trying to catch scum. If his resources were, in fact, limited, he should have posted snippits about his reads to the exclusion of my clearly offtopic queries. He should have been brave enough to vote in the first place with a promise to explain later, his FoS is fearful, and applied less pressure purely for the sake of protecting his neck. And if he says FoSing without an explanation is "worse", but doesn't bother to explain how an unexplained FoS is more antitown than an unexplained vote. (hint: I don't really think you can)

But if there is a good reason behind your original behavior, you should stick by it. You seem to feel your action was protown, but won't stick by it if it causes you more pressure.
Vote: DonJosh

@Snarky: I did not have any reasons for voting Parabollocks that were unique to me. It was the third page of the flipping thread. The best I could do is explain my understanding of it.

@DonJosh: Your avatar looks ugly as a dead opossum to me. It's your right to keep it, but I politely request you get a different one. I'll post a new one for you if you ask. I think avatars I much dislike knock my reads off course, if only slightly.

@all: I would be delighted if we could stop using cliche' metaphors involving genitalia. I'm going to have parents over my shoulder for most of the summer, and it's a pain to minimize and unminimize mafiascum as they walk around.

Since he barely posted barely anything, that makes for a very high proportion of scummy posts. It'd take a lot of amazing play from you to atone for that, haven't seen enough.
That and the Snarky connection, though that's not foolproof, it is WIFOMish.

The main reason I'm voting you and don't feel like re-examining it is that you pre-emptively claimed VT. When you wreck protocol it hurts the game chkflip. The PoE power of the masons is totally dilluted if you claim VT and then expect us to leave you alive and lynch someone else. DK is such an imbecile, I don't expect better from him, but I've played with you before and believe you should know better. It [preemptive claiming] forces our hand towards lynching you to regain setup advantage. scumchkflip seems more likely to screw the town like this to save his neck than townchkflip does, but really you'll win more mafia games if you avoid doing that with either alignment. L-1, player willing to hammer, claim. You should know that by now.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (isolation #38) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

[Low Key] wrote:@Muffin: Your reads on Chk and CJ I can see but I have yet to understand you ruling out Toro.

Are you actually saying you believe that scum-Snarky couldn't voice suspicion of a scum buddy on the way out??

Either way, all we need is for one of Chk/CJ to flip scum with your push and it will do alot to ease my mind concerning your alignment.

Dude, stop with the revisionist history. scum-Snarky lined up Toro's lynch before he was aware that he was in danger of death at all. He didn't even seem like a D2 lynch cantidate at the time.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (isolation #39) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

chkflip wrote:No.

I cannot speak for Snarky.

I can speak for the fact that you're dense. My theories are sound, they're the best a vanilla townie who just replaced into the game can do.

So, again, no. No I don't want to waste my time and try again. You guys can waste the rest of this day or we can lynch someone who's one of the
actually
remaining scum.

Pops, thoughts?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (isolation #40) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

digging that deep into the game before reading your role pm ain't right.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (isolation #41) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

LK, you're being inaccurate, or at the least confusing, when you say Snarky was under serious pressure of being vigged so then he bussed Toro. Although your english was so unclear that in most of your posts I can't tell whether you're saying Toro was in vig danger or Snarky was in vig danger.

That post you referenced doesn't implicate Toro. It's the contrary if anything. It's all bite and no bark. He does crap to actually accumulate any cred from directing the vig to Toro, but he does make the vig more likely to kill Toro. (heck, I did mentally tabulate his preference)

No one is going back through the thread and exonerating Snarky because he weakly pushed the vig to Toro. If anything, he's shirking responsibility for Toro's death.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (isolation #42) » Thu May 26, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It doesn't read like a bus to me.

You remember that Snarky said "Let's kill Toro, then if he flips town, let's lynch DK"? Why would he say that if he was bussing? If he's bussing, he knows Toro won't flip town, and won't line up DK's lynch for later.

We can talk about this tomorrow if you want, because today we're lynching chkflip
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (isolation #43) » Thu May 26, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Quit acting like you claimed at L-1.

And give us your deathbed reads, please, if you're town. If you're scum, you could make a polite excuse and skip it, to save everyone the effort.

(normally I object to self-votes, but it lines up with his wincon for VT as far as I can tell since we'd just lynch him D2. So...)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (isolation #44) » Thu May 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

uh. No one's attacking LK except DK afaik. And I'm only reading DK's posts for entertainment value atm so..

I dunno what's up with the CJ case or Arch one though.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (isolation #45) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Spadille wrote:
Chkflip's reaction to the wagon is fantastic. Though it struck me that he's willing to lynch himself. Bold move.

Explica, por favor. Explica.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (isolation #46) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

ohmigawd i love zmuffinz posting.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (isolation #47) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I know, I know.

But he claimed VT
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (isolation #48) » Fri May 27, 2011 3:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

[Low Key] wrote:

I'm still not following how immediately after Snarky's flip you thought Toro was a good lynch (you and Arch, actually). Your push to keep Toro under suspicion in recent pages is just bad. It looks far more likely that Snarky was trying to get a vig going on Toro because he's town. All I've seen from you is "it's possible he's bussing" but it really makes no sense to assume he's bussing when it's far more likely he wanted a townie to be vigged.

Nope. He saw that Toro WAS the vig and immediately tried to get town cred by saying he wanted it too. Remember the vig is out of his hands and is instant death.

Yes. It was clearly inevitable that Toro would be vigged at that point.

And then it happened.

Mirite?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (isolation #49) » Fri May 27, 2011 3:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm still catching up on the thread. But I saw CJdrum suggest a mason massclaim and I would like to stop and say NO. NO. THAT'S DUMBTARDED.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #650 (isolation #50) » Fri May 27, 2011 3:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

You're not lynching muffin, dunce. He's clearly town. Quit attacking everyone who doesn't want to sheep you.

[Low Key] wrote:
cjdrum wrote:
If we
do
lynch DK
and he flips
Town
, Spadille and Snarky will practically be confirmed scum for me.

This is setting up mislynches based on a town flip. This is horribad. I will also point out that here he prob knows that DK is town as well as Spad and his real target is Spad. His real motive here is to get both DK and Spad lynched while bussing Snarky for town cred.

Snarky wouldn't be a mislynch. facepalm.gif

[Low Key] wrote:
cjdrum wrote: But, a question or two for Low Key:
  1. Are you an Alt account, or played on another forum? You don't seem at first glance like a player in their second game. Especially from that first really long paragraph on your profile...

I have been playing over a period of years.

• Why am I scum and why is Archaist not?

• You are scum for the reasons I stated 1-7 in my post. Arch is not because he didn't receive the same role PM as you did.

• WHY TRIPLE POST?

• Why whine if it relates to scumhunting? If it was fluff and I was troll-spamming I could understand but bringing this up is like "BFD, get over it :rolleyes:". If anyone else brings it up I'll just quote this reply.

Clearly LowKey is an MoI alt that decided to mask his identity by using the "submit" button whenever he would use the "preview" button before.

@Spadille: Some of snarky was gut.

shizz gotta go, more later
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #756 (isolation #51) » Fri May 27, 2011 11:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

whatisthisidonteven
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #757 (isolation #52) » Fri May 27, 2011 11:36 am

Post by popsofctown »

ok. I'm still in the anger and frustration phase here.

Why the heck would you rolefish so much just so you can explain a tell on muffinz, that does not even work. Attacking townies does not make you scum. Burden of proficiency is bullcrap. You don't even know for sure the masonry would follow you.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #759 (isolation #53) » Fri May 27, 2011 11:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

It's best to avoid reading DK's posts, Toro.

I would really like to see lots of posting from you Toro, I'm a tad lost at the moment.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #762 (isolation #54) » Fri May 27, 2011 11:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

I like triple posting too though.... it lets me see my avatar over and over again
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #763 (isolation #55) » Fri May 27, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Besides "who's the scum", I want to know how you interpreted Loki's pre-Snarky-flip behavior, because I thought it was terrible.

Also I want you to shout obscenities at Low Key. You'll mean them once you're through with your reread. I promise.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #767 (isolation #56) » Fri May 27, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

jilynne1991 wrote:/Confirm I'll post again when I finish skimming/
    reading
    . So far, I haven't completed any games yet, so please point it out to me if I'm doing anything wrong, thanks!
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #821 (isolation #57) » Sat May 28, 2011 9:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

jilynne1991 wrote:(I'm not done yet.) I just wanted to say, can't I skim the first few pages if you guys are at RVS? (Or should I read everything? Sorry, I'm super inexperienced, but I catch on fast. I think.)

You read RVS. RVS matters as much as anything else.

jilynne1991 wrote:
    For the people I think are most likely town, I'm going to say that popsofctown is leaning town, because of how helpful he is. It wouldn't make sense for him to try to be too helpful if he was scum. Also, I don't always agree with DietyKabuto, but most likely, she's town.

You're right. For the wrong reasons. But whatever works.

jilynne1991 wrote:I'm sorry if this is a stupid question to ask, but would confirming you're not a Mason be smart? Wouldn't it be better to not say anything?

Follow your own logic closely and minimize all mason speculation whatsoever in your posts.
    jilynne1991 wrote:Is "Loki" LowKey?

Say it out loud (and change the emphasis, admittedly).

Fun fact, Loki is a norse trickster god, so I call him that more when I feel less than cheery about his alignment.

zMuffinMan wrote:
    LK's play is just blatantly anti-town, but it has the benefit of looking way, way, way too scummy to actually be scum. His suspicion of me alone isn't actually reason to believe my flip gives you any information.

This is key.

I reflected on this game a lot while I was working today. This is what I decided.

LowKey called out three people as being masons that muffin was attacking. This put him at a high risk of death. There's all sorts of ways we could react to that, a whole lot of them involve LowKey's corpse.

Because of this risk, I only see three possibilities.

1. LowKey is a town genius, muffin is scum, so outing the masons was worth it to bag scum muffin.

2. LowKey is a town idiot, muffin isn't scum, he's just not very accurate this game. Both LowKey and muffin are town.

3. LowKey is desperate scumpartner of muffin, very upset about the day 1 vig. He decided that he would massive gambit and bus a muffin lynch out of the blue so that he could kill all the confirmeds, then be last man standing. If it gets him killed, well, at least he makes sure muffin knows who the masons are. If muffin dies, he seems really good for pushing muffin lynch so hard, 3 man lylo goes in Loki's favor.

The missing possibility is that LowKey is scum, and muffin is town. It doesn't make sense. All that risk to just kill one townie? There's both a risk we lynch him right now, and a chance we lynch him when muffin flips wrong.

Therefore, I think we should lynch muffin. If he flips scum, that's good, we lynched scum. If he flips town, we gain a confirmed townie in LowKey, (assuming everyone follows my logic, and agrees with it). That extra confirmed townie brings us to the critical mass point of more conftownies than unconfirmed players, which evaluates to an auto-win. DK should be considered conftown, whether I'm still alive to yell it. If you don't consider me conftown, well, shut your mouth until tomorrow or the day after because i'll probably be NKed by then anyway.

I don't consider Parabollocks conftown like LowKey does, but I'm happy to put his slot last for lynching.

I'm not going to vote muffin in this post, because this plan requires cooperation. If you guys are just going to lynch LowKey after a muffin townflip, then muffin is not the lynch I want today.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #823 (isolation #58) » Sat May 28, 2011 9:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

Neaux. I want credit
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #824 (isolation #59) » Sat May 28, 2011 9:40 am

Post by popsofctown »

Play me techno.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #826 (isolation #60) » Sat May 28, 2011 9:44 am

Post by popsofctown »

I've played vigilante 3 times. The first time I was a two-shot dayvig. I shot a neutral then shot scum.
    The second time, I was a neighbor vigilante. We shot town(policy), Scum A, Scum A, Scum B, town.
    Then this game d1 dayvig scum.

I'm starting to like this role.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #828 (isolation #61) » Sat May 28, 2011 9:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

If muffin flips scum we have to lynch you LK. But then everyone lynches unconfirmeds, preferably ones that seem unlikely to be mason, and they all save PB for last so from your PoV we win anyway.

Btw, if muffin claims mason at L-1, no one counterclaim. Instead, if muffin claims mason, 1 person claim mason as well to verify this. Muffin has attacked and been attacked by too many people to be a likely mason, so a mason claim should be regarded as a guilty unless proven innocent thing.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #829 (isolation #62) » Sat May 28, 2011 9:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

I just finished the game where I had to vig 5 people out of a large. So when I drew a one shot vig this game I was like, really?
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #831 (isolation #63) » Sat May 28, 2011 9:53 am

Post by popsofctown »

I think this setup would be better if you gave the one shot to the masons as a factional daytime ability. Would be neato.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #833 (isolation #64) » Sat May 28, 2011 9:56 am

Post by popsofctown »

If it's improbable, you don't have to talk about it. It won't happen.

Chkflip should be lynched before Toro and CJ, in an attempt to get the scum to shoot at a mason and miss and hit unconfirmed VT. that causes autowin at this point. (The only non-autowin scenario in my plan is muffin scum, lowkey town, in which case there's a miniscule chance of losing that can be reduced to zero if you can trick scum into shooting unconfirmed VT.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #835 (isolation #65) » Sat May 28, 2011 10:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

Spoiler: don't read to keep up with game
    Scum can save the dayvig until the masons claim, making mason PoE nearly impossible to win with.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #838 (isolation #66) » Sat May 28, 2011 10:12 am

Post by popsofctown »

But I'm a pony on the chinese zodiac :(
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #839 (isolation #67) » Sat May 28, 2011 10:14 am

Post by popsofctown »

I allege that Low Key put game related info in this youtube video

Now hiphop has to watch it too. :P

Don't ever do that again.
    Last edited by hiphop on Sat May 28, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #841 (isolation #68) » Sat May 28, 2011 10:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

It's funny, Snarky was too flustered to claim the correct role.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #845 (isolation #69) » Sat May 28, 2011 11:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm too lazy to check vote counts.

IF I vote now it's L-1, I need to make sure I get good cooperation.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #848 (isolation #70) » Sat May 28, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm worrying that we lynch muffin man, he flips town, and then people say "I don't agree with pops that this confirms Low Key as town". If that's what's going to happen, muffin isnt the best lynch.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #851 (isolation #71) » Sat May 28, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

shut up Loki. If muffin flips town you aren't getting lynched.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #856 (isolation #72) » Sat May 28, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Archaist, LowKey, Pops, and Jil have signed "the pops idea".

Still taking signatures.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #918 (isolation #73) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

DK, cj, and chkflip:

Please review the "pops plan" and either agree to it or give me a solid explanation of why it's bad.

Lynching chkflip or cj before muffin to ensure that my plan gets majority support for the rest of the game works out fine, since we want to lynch them anyway.

@muffin: do you think LK is town?
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #921 (isolation #74) » Sun May 29, 2011 5:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

"http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p3081274"

The important part of it is, if muffin flips town, LowKey needs to be treated as conftown for the rest of the game.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #922 (isolation #75) » Sun May 29, 2011 5:56 am

Post by popsofctown »

"Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #929 (isolation #76) » Sun May 29, 2011 7:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

did he start raging after I presented my plan? Maybe he's raging angry because Loki-muffin is actually the scumteam. That would be frustrating, losing two scum over nothing he really did.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #943 (isolation #77) » Sun May 29, 2011 11:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

Loki, stop obfuscating my plan. You are not to be lynched, ever, if muffin flips town.

The uneducated masses are hard enough to control without you confusing me. Please just let me work. All you ever do is out masons.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #944 (isolation #78) » Sun May 29, 2011 11:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

*confusing things, not confusing me
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #946 (isolation #79) » Sun May 29, 2011 11:44 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't. Long days cause disinterested townies and lower general winning chances.
    Vote muffins
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #949 (isolation #80) » Sun May 29, 2011 11:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

oh wow. Nice one Loki.

I probably get nightkilled here, unless the scum are confident on a mason read. Everyone stick to my plan. Try to get a second scum and fit together the big picture. And if muffin flips scum, don't let loki trick you into thinking a muffin-lowkey scumteam isn't possible. (if muffin flips town, DONT LYNCH LOWKEY. Makes no sense)
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #956 (isolation #81) » Sun May 29, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

LK, how the heck does outing the masons help anyone.
    "Well, I..."
    popsofctown
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    popsofctown
    She
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #1384 (isolation #82) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

Dude, LK, you shouldn't have needed jil to be silly. I told you to treat DK like confirmed inno. All you wanted to do instead was behave suicidally and scream a lot.
    "Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Open Games”