Newbie 1081: Showdown in Newbtown (Game Over, Mafia win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 4:34 am

Post by thunderwielder »

h3ll0 wrote:
@thunderwielder: You are contradicting yourself. If seeker69 is not posting enough, how is he being "playing well"? Similarly, his replacee, alpnka did little to contribute, and generally flew under the radar.

Nope, I'm not. Read it again. I said "isn't". Also, my speculation was conditional that IF you were town, Seeker would have to be scum (because it's really unlikely for Work and Chk to be scum, considering how hard they are going on each other, especially when I'm putting all this pressure on you). But I don't think he is because he isn't playing well.

And also, in all scenarios, you guys are assuming me to be scum.

We're all really not. Read the posts again. We've gone through the possible scenarios where you are scum and where you aren't scum. Here I think you're just trying to appeal to emotions.

As for your reasons for voting Fatso, my apologies, I didn't see those in the post above.
However, I still take issue with the the post where you cite him. Bulvious pointed out that he didn't think that the fence sitting was too much of an issue. You THEN provided your quotes from Fatso and said that he was contradicting himself, but you never really responded to
why
you thought he scummy. Maybe I just don't buy the posts as evidence. It just seems OMGUS to me, since he was focusing on you, and that seems to be where your evidence has come from. I feel this has been still overlooked.

And finally, if:
I believe that chkflip's gambit makes him more likely to be town than scum to be honest.

Who is therefore scum? It seemed Chk was on the top of your suspicions list, and now you're switching? Who is the other scum then, Work or me, and WHY?
Show
W:
L:
Town (2:1)
Mafia (1:0)
Oh, would that this hoodie were a time hoodie!

---Scammers on craigslist don't realize I play Mafia... What scum...
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 5:50 am

Post by chkflip »

I believe h3ll0 is scum and would be comfortable lynching him. Workdawg is a very potential partner, but it's true, my gambit doesn't secure him as scum 100% but I'll note that nearly nothing short of contradicting and lying really does in most cases.

Giving a re-read now and tbh I'd like more reasons from seeker for their reads. Seem a little contrived and favoring popular opinion too much for my taste.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Workdawg »

Assuming the above is also in response to why you chose to vote for h3ll0 in your little gambit...

Wouldn't it be easier and more effective to place your vote on someone that is generally believed to be town? IF h3ll0 really is scum, there's no way that the scum could organized a quick lynch against themselves, or would even try to. I suppose it's possible that his scum buddy would jump on the wagon hoping to get one more vote, but even then that would be a pretty terrible play considering everyone else seems to already realize that voting is dangerous in the current state of the game.

Also, you accuse me of trying to earn "town points" by "jumping on" your vote. This is a newbie game and I just wanted to make sure no one made any silly mistakes. Should I have let one of the less experienced players (seeker maybe) cast a vote as well and put us in real danger of ending the game?

You are the one who originally advised everyone to withhold their vote, was that "just for town points" as well?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 6:36 am

Post by chkflip »

If my vote were placed on someone who everyone has a considerate townread on (thunder for examples sake) then your reaction would've been considerably more viable and understandable; however, I chose someone we both have a scumread on because the reaction given is more genuine. It gives me a better read on who you actually are. And when you go from "h3ll0 is slightly scummy" to "YOU ENDING THE GAME EARLY!?" is a far stretch more than "I'm keeping my options open" as you've stated that response to be.

My gambit relied partially on the fact that everyone has such a big scumread on h3ll0, yes, which is also why I find your argument that I'm trying to end the game early to be so outlandish.

The point of the gambit was never to reach lynch, nor was it to even gather a second vote onto h3ll0. You're missing the point - so yes, to you that gambit was pointless; however, I'll reiterate as much as I need to.

I ask for full read posts. All comply.
thunderweilder thinks h3ll0 is scum.
You think h3ll0 is scum.
Seeker thinks h3ll0 is scum.
I vote h3ll0.
You go against your scumread for town cred.

At that point, the scum-team would have
had
to lie in yourself, thunder, and seeker for scum to come in and quickhammer. In your own opinion, that outcome is completely ridiculous and couldn't happen; therefore, by your own word, you've contradicted yourself all in the name of getting more town cred.

Moving on to your next rebuttal, a less experienced player placing the second vote? Again, you must only be talking about yourself, thunder, or seeker in that scenario as h3ll0 obviously isn't going to vote for themself. That would leave yourself and thunder to hammer and I certainly doubt either of you would do that
if you were town
; however, I don't think you both are. As a matter of fact I pretty much
know
you're not both scum as my gambit would've ended the game.

So, overall, the play itself (gambit aside) would be a terrible play in and of itself, but I believe my gambit bore fruit. You seem pretty shaken.

I actually told people to withhold their vote because a) it's MyLo, and b) because I wanted to set up that gambit.

Do you feel my "MYLO, AWESOME" response was generated for town points?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Workdawg »

chkflip wrote:If my vote were placed on someone who everyone has a considerate townread on (thunder for examples sake) then your reaction would've been considerably more viable and understandable; however, I chose someone we both have a scumread on because the reaction given is more genuine. It gives me a better read on who you actually are. And when you go from "h3ll0 is slightly scummy" to "YOU ENDING THE GAME EARLY!?" is a far stretch more than "I'm keeping my options open" as you've stated that response to be.

My gambit relied partially on the fact that everyone has such a big scumread on h3ll0, yes, which is also why I find your argument that I'm trying to end the game early to be so outlandish.

The point of the gambit was never to reach lynch, nor was it to even gather a second vote onto h3ll0. You're missing the point - so yes, to you that gambit was pointless; however, I'll reiterate as much as I need to.

I ask for full read posts. All comply.
thunderweilder thinks h3ll0 is scum.
You think h3ll0 is scum.
Seeker thinks h3ll0 is scum.
I vote h3ll0.
You go against your scumread for town cred.

Just because we all tend to agree that h3ll0 is scummy doesn't mean I want the day to end early. Even if I was 95% sure he was scum I would have reacted the same way. Ending the day early ONLY helps scum. The longer we have to banter back and forth, the more information we have to find the scum. Don't forget that if someone had jumped on the wagon and lynched h3ll0, we'd still be looking for his partner.

At that point, the scum-team would have
had
to lie in yourself, thunder, and seeker for scum to come in and quickhammer. In your own opinion, that outcome is completely ridiculous and couldn't happen; therefore, by your own word, you've contradicted yourself all in the name of getting more town cred.

Once again, this is a newb game. Anything can happen.

What if YOU are scum and you see that we are all suspicious of h3ll0, but you know he is innocent. You put a vote out against him and see if you can't bait one of the town players into voting with you. Then whoever your scumbuddy is sweeps in for the hammer to win.

Thankfully, it seems that everyone else in the game knows better than to throw their votes around at this point. I still think it was a dumb risk that could be easily have town or scum intentions.

Moving on to your next rebuttal, a less experienced player placing the second vote? Again, you must only be talking about yourself, thunder, or seeker in that scenario as h3ll0 obviously isn't going to vote for themself. That would leave yourself and thunder to hammer and I certainly doubt either of you would do that
if you were town
; however, I don't think you both are. As a matter of fact I pretty much
know
you're not both scum as my gambit would've ended the game.

Again, this is assuming YOU are town.

Do you feel my "MYLO, AWESOME" response was generated for town points?

That's pretty much what I got out of it.
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:33 am

Post by thunderwielder »

@Antihero
Can you prod Seeker? I think it's been more than 72 hours since his last post, and I know that I'm personally waiting to hear his input and more of his reasonings. Thanks.
Show
W:
L:

Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Workdawg »

And... we are dieing out again.

Looks like seeker is just over 3 days without activity now. H3ll0 and chkflip are both around 2 days also.
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 11:25 am

Post by thunderwielder »

I'm still waiting for h3ll0 to respond. Right now my vote will be on him when we get closer to the deadline, as I tend to agree we shouldn't end the day early. But right now I'm getting bored enough that I just might want to end it sooner.
Show
W:
L:

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by chkflip »

Sorry, got distracted with life. Catching up.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Antihero has gone MIA. I have contacted the backup Mod and prods, votecount, etc. should be happening shortly.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 8:01 am

Post by bv310 »

It appears I'm back, bitches. AH has apparently site-flaked, so I'm taking over modding for the foreseeable future.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 8:07 am

Post by bv310 »

Vote Count 1 of D3:

Not Voting: Everyone.

Deadline's set for May 31st at 11:59pm

Prods are being issued to Workdawg, Thunderwielder, and Seeker99
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Workdawg »

lol... I'm most certainly here, but nothing is going on.
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:59 am

Post by thunderwielder »

Hey BV, it's only been 48 hours since I last posted. Maybe you meant H3ll0 instead of me.
Show
W:
L:

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:08 am

Post by bv310 »

I got everyone who hadn't posted in the previous 72. You were at 3 days and 3 hours when I PM'd you.
Seeker99
Seeker99
Townie
Seeker99
Townie
Townie

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Seeker99 »

Sorry, wasn't paying attention. I'm here now.
I am confused.
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:14 am

Post by thunderwielder »

Well, what are your thoughts, Seeker. It's time to contribute.
Show
W:
L:

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by chkflip »

So, where is everyone comfortable going with today? I think the consensus is h3ll0, maybe myself/seeker, but I thought I'd ask.

Generate discussion while I re-read!
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 7:19 am

Post by Workdawg »

I guess at this point I'd prefer votes for either h3ll0 or seeker.

The more I reread the more I can see chkflip just being fairly consistent, and while I don't really agree with his gambits and whatnot, his defense of them seems generally sound. I still don't really agree with how "I'm scum" because of my reactions, but whatever.
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 7:33 am

Post by thunderwielder »

Yeah, I'm down to vote h3ll0. Seeker is looking more and more suspicious to me too, but I'm not as sold on him as I am on h3ll0. He is my top suspect for sure. I'm not sure about my second choice still.
I think seeker and Al both have a newb read for me. But if I am still alive and they are still alive I would have some things to consider.
I'm pretty sure I'll be dead in the morning, considering I'm on pretty much everyone's town read, so I DO think Seeker is a newb and isn't posting because of it. So for me it comes down to Work or Chk as the second member, but I'm really only basing that off of my Aln/Seeker read.
Show
W:
L:

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:23 am

Post by bv310 »

h3llo appears to have flaked. Searching for a replacement now. :(
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

Fuck it. There's no way his replacement can get caught up in time.
Vote:h3ll0
Show
W:
L:

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by chkflip »

I think it's possible, but I don't want to give the slot a chance to charm us.

VOTE: h3ll0
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 1:55 am

Post by Workdawg »

VOTE: h3ll0
Seeker99
Seeker99
Townie