Newbie 1109: Paradise City (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by Tasky »

VOTECOUNT 1.3

verydark (2/5): Greenealogist, Maziek
}|{opa (2/5): verydark, Bulvious
Otolia (1/5): }|{opa
rockynpoika (1/5): Otolia
Maziek (1/5): Isa
Bulvious (1/5): illmatic

Not Voting (1): rockynpoika

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline for D1 is 17.06.2011, 13:00 CET.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Maziek
Maziek
Townie
Maziek
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Maziek »

So do you consider my reasons for voting you bad reasons?
League: Doomsyplusle
osu!: Dooms

Pokemon Nuzlocker, Smash Bros. competitive player, and Fire Emblem: Awakening lover~
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by Bulvious »

Oto, what is pathetic about it? Asking questions and stimulating conversation must be such a horrible thing.
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by Jora »

@ Bulvious,

1) Yes. It is my first time as IC.
2) Negative. I think Mod should force a replacement on those people who wants to be policy lynched.
3) Maybe some in June.
4) Don't know. I'd say south.

@ Maziek: Asking questions is good. Besides, Verydark had avoided question about his game expirience.

@ Verydark: Did you played forum based mafia elsewhere?
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Jora is obv VT, if not, she is a Cop. Simple.
Greenealogist
Greenealogist
Townie
Greenealogist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 9:51 pm

Post by Greenealogist »

@Maziek Is there anyone I find scummy? Well, no, not really, not anything I can base on evidence and I feel that if I'm going to declare that I think someone is scum I should wait until I have what I consider solid evidence. However, I see no reason for my vote to still be on verydark so
UNVOTE: verydark
[insert pithy message of choice here]
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 10:47 pm

Post by Otolia »

Bulvious wrote:That said a lot without really answering my question, Otolia.

That's pathetic. I answered your question. If it's not the answer you were looking for, then deal with it but don't insinuate things just for fun. In D1 if you can't back your thoughts up, keep it for you.
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 4:23 am

Post by verydark »

}|{opa wrote:
... Verydark had avoided question about his game expirience.

@ Verydark: Did you played forum based mafia elsewhere?

My experience is very limited. I played the quick chat based games on Epic Mafia, but I found them to be filled with trolls, and not very fun in general. I figured that a forum based game would be more my style. So really, I have no experience.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
Maziek
Maziek
Townie
Maziek
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 6:03 am

Post by Maziek »

Keeping my vote on Verydark. Combined with the reasons in my first post, he has also been avoiding questions. For example, he responded to Jora's question, but he didn't respond to mine, which was said before Jora's.

Pokemon Nuzlocker, Smash Bros. competitive player, and Fire Emblem: Awakening lover~
illmatic
illmatic
Townie
illmatic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 6:39 am

Post by illmatic »

I've played a few games on other forums, but this is my first game on here

1) Are you excited to be here?
Yes, first game on here and I plan on playing here a lot

2) What's your opinion of policy lynches?
Townies that appear scummy and don't help should be lynched, because they just confuse the town and give the mafia an advantage

3) Is there any future V/La you're anticipating during this game?
Nothing right now

4) What's your favorite direction on a compass?
Wessst siiide!
Greenealogist
Greenealogist
Townie
Greenealogist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 7:23 am

Post by Greenealogist »

I am suspicious of Bulvious. To me, the way you just seems to suggest scum. I can't really find anything to prove it, just a sort of gut instinct. And no, it is NOT because you questioned my opinion on policy lynches. However, I would also like to hear from rockynpoika before I make any decisions as he is the only one who has not yet posted anything other than his confirm.
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Bulvious »

But you DID say a lot without answering my question, Oto. Your answer was unbelievably wishy-washy, and it's something no one can hold you to. It's the answer a scummy person would make. Then you follow up with citing it as pathetic - which is fine, other than that it doesn't argue against the point itself, which is somewhat evasive, and that's something scum would be.

@illmatic, the only people town should ever want to lynch is scum, in my book. "Cleaning the pool" is all well and good until it comes to LyLo and you don't really have any scum pinned down.

@Green, that's great and all, but gut tends to not do so well in this game. Be suspicious of everyone, though you're free to to ask me any questions or grill me or what have you.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:14 am

Post by Otolia »

You are really looking for the mice in a giant crop field ... You asked me "how far I was willing to go to apply that policy ?" Sure I didn't say precisely how far because I don't know how far I would be willing to go. It's like asking a 100m sprinter how many steps he will make in his next run. He can't answer because even there is much more to a 100m run than just putting a foot in front of the other. I told you more about my own policy. It was the point of the initial question. And yes I did say a lot but how is that scummy ?

Now you start to use strong words like 'unbelievably' and 'wishy-washy' :igmeou: ... I don't know what I can do for you. Being so narrow-minded in D1 is beyond my own understanding. I don't think you are scum, you have just questionable methods to scumhunt :shifty:
Greenealogist
Greenealogist
Townie
Greenealogist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Greenealogist »

Very well Bulvious, why are you being so single-minded in your pursuit of Otolia? It comes across to me as really rather aggressive. I can quite understand the way Otolia responds, it is very similar to the way I would if confronted with this situation.
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 10:22 am

Post by verydark »

Maziek wrote:Keeping my vote on Verydark. Combined with the reasons in my first post, he has also been avoiding questions. For example, he responded to Jora's question, but he didn't respond to mine, which was said before Jora's.

I thought I answered all your questions. Seeing as how you didn't give any reasons as to why you voted for me, I obviously consider them bad reasons.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 10:24 am

Post by verydark »

rockynpoika hasn't posted anything since his confirm, I don't necessarily subscribe to the idea of killing all lurkers, but I have to admit, it's kind of annoying.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Bulvious »

@Otolia Is my use of wishy-washy incorrect? It seems to me like you would say something and then back-peddle in the same sentence. Primary example being using the words "Extreme" and "Cautiously" to describe the same thing and not in it being "extremely cautious". The first sentence of your description is a contradiction. You make an exception to your 'extreme' policy in your next sentence. In the third, you state something that seems almost wholey irrelevant to my question. Then you make an exception in your fourth sentence to your second sentence, and in your fifth sentence you say something else pretty irrelevant. And then of course you say you hope that you don't need to apply that here.

Or at least that's how I read it, hence why I followed up my questioning. I don't see it as a waste of time, as pathetic, or as questionable play.

@Green - Uh..? Show me a person in the game who has addressed more people than I have. You and Oto both make the mistake of saying I'm narrow/single minded yet I'm reading everything everyone else is posting and I'm commenting on what I feel needs to be noted on. In the post before your question, I address three people. In your last three posts, you only address two - who is more narrow?

@Verydark - A bit early in the game to expect AMAZING reasons, but as you said, you don't mind the vote.

UNVOTE: opa

Mod, can you prod Rocky? He's been away for 73 hours at the time of my posting this.
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Bulvious »

EBWODP

Mod, can you prod Rocky? He's been away for 73 hours at the time of my posting this.
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 7:47 pm

Post by Jora »

illmatic wrote:VOTE: Bulvious

Because he is the only one that hasn't yet posted after the confirmation stage

@ Illmatic: Do you like Bulvious now?
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Jora is obv VT, if not, she is a Cop. Simple.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by Tasky »

VOTECOUNT 1.4

verydark (1/5): Maziek
}|{opa (1/5): verydark
Otolia (1/5): }|{opa
rockynpoika (1/5): Otolia
Maziek (1/5): Isa
Bulvious (1/5): illmatic

Not Voting (3): rockynpoika, Greenealogist, Bulvious

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline for D1 is 17.06.2011, 13:00 CET.

___

Bulvious wrote:EBWODP

I already did. He has about 15 hours to respond before I replace him.
I'm also prodding Isa.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Post by Isa »

Sorry for being inactive. I'll try to do better. I'm just not very entertained by this stage of the game, where so far most of the discussion has been about the wording of something.

I believe that Otolia needs to calm down a bit on the harsh words though. I believe Bulvious has a few legit points, and contrary to Green, my gut instinct says he's a Townie. Of course this may change over the course of the day.
Also suspicious about Illmatic who has yet to contribute with something decently.

Folks, put pressure on me.
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 1:19 am

Post by Otolia »

Isa wrote:Sorry for being inactive. I'll try to do better. I'm just not very entertained by this stage of the game, where so far most of the discussion has been about the wording of something.

I believe that Otolia needs to calm down a bit on the harsh words though. I believe Bulvious has a few legit points, and contrary to Green, my gut instinct says he's a Townie. Of course this may change over the course of the day.
Also suspicious about Illmatic who has yet to contribute with something decently.

Folks, put pressure on me.

1. That's not an excuse. People not participating in D1 are more likely to be scums because they don't want to be dragged into pointless conversations.
2. I am calm. I said I believe that Bulvious was town and Green didn't say anything about alignment. Can you please read the thread before posting ?
3. Don't taunt people, that's just dumb. I am willing to let go off that one but don't do it again.

Bulvious wrote:@Otolia Is my use of wishy-washy incorrect? It seems to me like you would say something and then back-peddle in the same sentence. Primary example being using the words "Extreme" and "Cautiously" to describe the same thing and not in it being "extremely cautious". The first sentence of your description is a contradiction. You make an exception to your 'extreme' policy in your next sentence. In the third, you state something that seems almost wholey irrelevant to my question. Then you make an exception in your fourth sentence to your second sentence, and in your fifth sentence you say something else pretty irrelevant. And then of course you say you hope that you don't need to apply that here.

:roll: Can't you just drop it ? What are you gonna do next ? Analyze my words in itself and claim it's contradictory ? (All these questions were just rhetorical ones)

Just think about it for 1 minute. What could be scummy in what I did ? What could have been my motivation to lie (assuming I lied and I am Mafia) ?

"Wishy-Washy" positions is not a scumtell, especially when it's about a policy.
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:18 am

Post by Isa »

"1. That's not an excuse. People not participating in D1 are more likely to be scums because they don't want to be dragged into pointless conversations.
2. I am calm. I said I believe that Bulvious was town and Green didn't say anything about alignment. Can you please read the thread before posting ?
3. Don't taunt people, that's just dumb. I am willing to let go off that one but don't do it again."

1. I know. I do realize this puts me in a poor position. What's done is done and I can only hope to do better.
2. Even if you believe he is a townie, it doesn't refute what I said. About Green, "I am suspicious of Bulvious. To me, the way you just seems to suggest scum. I can't really find anything to prove it, just a sort of gut instinct." is what I referred to. I did indeed read the thread...easy now.
3. Alright? Well, I won't then.
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
Greenealogist
Greenealogist
Townie
Greenealogist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Greenealogist »

@Bulvious OK, Bulvious. I will admit, I have misread you. Perhaps because you play completely different to how I would, I can't really identify with it, and so my brain made a non sequitur to 'scum.' I apologise, and for the moment I will withdraw my suspicion. As you said, gut is often wrong, and I think in this case it is.

@Isa Fair point regarding that post, but I do now retract it. From what I've read (and I have read the whole game a few times) I can't really identify anyone as scummy any more, having read over it with a different eye.

As I said, I can't really pick anything out that I want to bring up or try and get an answer on, but the sooner we hear from Rockynpoia/his replacement the better, as I could then probably do some full analysis.
Maziek
Maziek
Townie
Maziek
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 5:57 am

Post by Maziek »

Maziek wrote:
Depending on a cop for our scum is not a smart thing to do at all. Depending on night actions in general is something we don't want to do as a town. We have 7 people. We can put our brains together and find scum for sure.

No lynch is generally a bad idea in general. Especially really early during the day. We want to use our day to its fullest, which means getting as much information as possible, getting as many reads as possible, and doing our best to find 2-3 people that are scummy and we can lynch.

This is 100% what is on my mind right now.

Verydark this is my reasoning for voting you. To you, is this nothing?

verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 6:13 am

Post by verydark »

@Maziek In my defense, I didn't really understand the whole concept of random voting, I was simply mentioning the cop because that seemed to be a reason to not lynch anyone until we have more info. Now I understand that random voting sparks conversation and begins to show who the scummy people are.

That said, I still think you're making a bad decision.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”