ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 1:21 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

EmpTyger wrote:ThAd:
ThAdmiral wrote:I see what you did there mitsuro. Asking questions about other people to deflect attention off of yourself.

That's not suspicious, that's not even close to what's happening, and MK is asking good questions.

What? He's asking the people who were attacking him for the bussing angle what they think of each other and other people pretty much out of nowhere. It's exactly what he was doing.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Beefster »

For the love of Pete! Make up your minds already!

Votecount 1.10

Archaist (3) - iamausername, ThAdmiral, C-Worl
ThAdmiral (3) - sAb, Mitsuru Kirijo, Fishy

C-Worl (2) - Archaist, EmpTyger
MK (1) - Rhinox

Not Voting - Nobody

With 9 players alive, it takes
to lynch.

REMINDER: The deadline is 11:59 PM, May 25 (MDT)

That's about 13 hours from the time of this post.
If no majority is reached by that time, a no lynch will occur.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 7:54 am

Post by C-Worl »

iamausername wrote:
Archaist wrote:iamausername: Had a town read on C-Worl for
one line
(#39).

...but then he goes right back to arguing with C-Worl about how I never explained my town read at all. What the hell?

Catch of the game right here.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Rhinox »

C-Worl wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Archaist wrote:iamausername: Had a town read on C-Worl for
one line
(#39).

...but then he goes right back to arguing with C-Worl about how I never explained my town read at all. What the hell?

Catch of the game right here.

That actually is a good catch.

ugh, I guess I'm starting to buy this kuz/arch scum theory, but if arch flips town then ThAd is prob scum and I'll be taking a closer look at IAUN as well.

unvote, vote Archaist
That should be hammer. Archaist, if you're town give us your thoughts before the mod locks the thread quick!
sAbLLimINal
sAbLLimINal
Townie
sAbLLimINal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:22 am

Post by sAbLLimINal »

umm, I think that brings his vote up to 4, not 5 so he's not lynched...
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Fishythefish »

6 hours until deadline, hammer needed, not a terrible lynch. No-brainer.

unvote, vote Archaist
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Beefster »

With only minutes before sunset, you finally decide to sign the affidavit of execution for Archaist.

You send Archaist down to the prison for his execution. The guards feel him down to find a wallet full of fake IDs. A record of recent crimes seems to correspond with a few of the IDs. This makes sense, because Archaist is a
Mafia Goon
Congratulations, town hall! You've taken a bite out of crime.

But is that enough? We shall find out tonight.

Night 1 will end sometime on Saturday, likely around 6PM MDT. I will notify you all by PM when it ends.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Beefster »

Dawn breaks. In the morning carpool, some drivers wait for quite some time... And keep waiting... After about twenty minutes, still nothing. They drive on and call the EMTs to check out the houses. After a tense break of waiting for autopsies, the results come in around 10 AM (game time) to reveal the following:

Mitsuru Kirijo,
Doctor
, shot to death on Night 1.
C-Worl,
Vanilla Townie
, shot to death on Night 1.

The news is shocking. And sad. But business is business- you need to get to the bottom of this.

Day 2 has started. It will end on Saturday, June 18 at 12 PM. (MDT)

Votecount 2.0

Beefster (0) -
Nobody

Not Voting - Everybody

With 6 players alive, it takes
to lynch.
Get to know a meat boy
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

Bah? Go town?
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 9:04 am

Post by C-Worl »

WEINER!
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Next time guys, just listen to me.

Sab looks bad, but I'm going to go for the guy who kept saying he was suspicious of kuz, but hardly ever voted him except for at the very start.

vote: emptyger
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I won't be very active until Monday or Tuesday. See you then.

I won't be issuing any prods until then anyway, so you're fine.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by Beefster »

I seem to have found the countdown tag... which is awesome by the way. I'd like everyone to check to make sure I have it right for all time zones.

It's in the first post BTW.
Get to know a meat boy
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 9:08 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

ThAd:
Yes, I messed up by backing off of Archaist in [213]. I concede that this was suspicious and I deserve some scrutiny for it. But *not* for the reason you listed. Certainly not when I spent most of yesterday being accused of pushing the kuz/Archaist bandwagon. Now you're accusing me of being kuz/Archaist's partner for trying to push his mislynch, yet in a way that wouldn't earn me towncred...?

In any case, I counter whatever suspicion I incurred by pointing out that I derailed the MK counterwagon. As for the rest of your suspect list-
Why would sAb post [254] if he were Archaist's comafia?
Why aren't Fishy and Rhinox on your suspect list?

Rhinox:
Vote: Rhinox

Just for fun, what's your explanation for that fake lynching vote?

Leftover from yesterday:
The difference is that I decided that MK was innocent because of what *MK* did.
You decided that kuz was innocent when other players voted kuz.

Rhinox wrote:"Rhinox who meanwhile is arguing that mafia would be doing the exact thing he himself is doing." - I don't follow :?

It's in reference to this:
Rhinox wrote:Emp unvoting as soon as Mits wagon gets a little momentum is like... *twitch*. Kinda makes me rethink because I believe scum empking would keep bussing at this point if thats really whats going on rather than unvoting, because if mits really is scum, once he flips this would look really bad for emp.

At that point, *you* thought MK was mafia.
So the one who "kept bussing" MK was... you.

iama:
Leftover from yesterday: I saw the logic behind process-of-eliminating MK. Couldn't see any reason to process-of-eliminate sAb.
(And for the record, I'm over that weird feeling I had yesterday regarding you. Sorry)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 5:33 am

Post by Rhinox »

emp wrote:Just for fun, what's your explanation for that fake lynching vote?
I've seen times where a player who thinks he is hammered reacts as town / as scum and the town gets a big clue into his alignment without actually hammering. Thats what I was going for.

emp wrote:The difference is that I decided that MK was innocent because of what *MK* did.
You decided that kuz was innocent when other players voted kuz.

Didn't we already go over this?
Rhinox wrote:Emp: it wasn't anything specific he said. Basically, his iso 12 and 13, it just seemed like he really believed what he was saying in his responses to me and they seemed genuine. He responded to all my points in a way that left me with nothing new to say or ask. Basically, I felt like I no longer had a case.

I unvoted kuz because his responses to me seemed genuine. I would have unvoted regardless of what anyone else was doing. It wasn't until later on that I felt like kuz looked like the proverbial D1 VI easy mislynch, but that was because I
already had a town read on him
- no thats not really it, I just didn't think he was scum. He wasn't really acting scummy IMO. I was wrong.

emp wrote:At that point, *you* thought MK was mafia.
So the one who "kept bussing" MK was... you.

I'm still confused about what you're trying to say here. Mits was town so... no one was bussing :?
But you were the one accused of being scum with mits by [whoever it was]. Then when Mits becomes tied for leading wagon you unvote. I wasn't accused of being scum with mits and I made him the leading wagon (well tied). After you unvoted, I hypothesized that IF you really were scum with mits as suspected, you wouldn't have unvoted right then.

How exactly was I doing exactly what I thought you as mits's scum partner would do? because I don't see it.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 11:22 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

EmpTyger wrote:ThAd:
Yes, I messed up by backing off of Archaist in [213]. I concede that this was suspicious and I deserve some scrutiny for it. But *not* for the reason you listed. Certainly not when I spent most of yesterday being accused of pushing the kuz/Archaist bandwagon. Now you're accusing me of being kuz/Archaist's partner for trying to push his mislynch, yet in a way that wouldn't earn me towncred...?

In a game with only 9 players I don't see it being unlikely for you to not want to vote your partner as long as there was some chance of another wagon being successful.
Meta question: would you say you normally bus or try to avoid it?

EmpTyger wrote:In any case, I counter whatever suspicion I incurred by pointing out that I derailed the MK counterwagon. As for the rest of your suspect list-
Why would sAb post [254] if he were Archaist's comafia?
Why aren't Fishy and Rhinox on your suspect list?

Good point about sab. He could have figured someone else would have picked up on it anyway, but...
The other side of the coin is that he didn't vote kuz even though he had the option, and that makes him look bad by default in my eyes.

Fishy I'm not so sure about. I actually didn't notice rhinox's "That should be hammer" until now and that is pretty terribad.
I am suspicious of them in as much as the only person I am pretty sure is town is iamausername.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:20 am

Post by Beefster »

Votecount 2.1

EmpTyger (1) - ThAdmiral
Rhinox (1) - EmpTyger

Not Voting
- Fishy, iamausername, sAb, Rhinox

With 6 players alive, it takes
to lynch.
Get to know a meat boy
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Rhinox »

ThAd wrote:I actually didn't notice rhinox's "That should be hammer" until now and that is pretty terribad.

Why is it bad?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 11:45 am

Post by iamausername »

Don't worry guys, I got this.

Been busy this weekend, but I'll have plenty of time tomorrow to ferret out that other scumbag.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
sAbLLimINal
sAbLLimINal
Townie
sAbLLimINal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by sAbLLimINal »

Sorry everyone, holiday weekend is making me busy but I'll get right to this.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Rhinox wrote:
ThAd wrote:I actually didn't notice rhinox's "That should be hammer" until now and that is pretty terribad.

Why is it bad?

Um, because it was so close to deadline, and if other people believed you there may not have been a lynch.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

For the next month, my non-iPhone access will be severely limited.

ThAd:
If sAb's mafia trying to be thought town: he hammers Archaist himself. 
If sAb's mafia trying to save his comafia: he keeps quiet or plays along with Rhinox for a few hours until the no-lynch hits.
sAb's [254] only makes sense if he's town.  It doesn't provide any advantage to him if he's mafia.  It only alerts the town to the fact that Rhinox didn't really lynch Archaist, which enables someone else to lynch Archaist.  Which is the absolute last thing the mafia would want at that point.

ThAdmiral wrote:Meta question: would you say you normally bus or try to avoid it?

Both & neither. I feel my play is context-specific more than anything.
Honestly, I've only been town & SK since returning to the site, and of the 2-person mafias I remember off the top of my head before then, a pattern doesn't occur to me.  

Rhinox:
Rhinox wrote:How exactly was I doing exactly what I thought you as mits's scum partner would do? because I don't see it.

No, you clearly don't...
Rhinox wrote:After you unvoted, I hypothesized that IF you really were scum with mits as suspected, you wouldn't have unvoted right then.

At that moment you, who were voting MK, didn't unvote!

Fishy:
Which of {sAb, iama, ThAd} do you think could be mafia?    
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Rhinox »

ThAdmiral wrote:
Rhinox wrote:

Why is it bad?

Um, because it was so close to deadline, and if other people believed you there may not have been a lynch.

hmmm... good point I didn't think of that.

So, do you think my intention was to cause a no lynch then?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by Rhinox »

At that moment you, who were voting MK, didn't unvote!

So what? I didn't say
anyone
who didn't unvote is likely scum, I said if YOU were scum WITH MK, I wouldn't have expected YOU to unvote. you're comparing apples and oranges. You were the one who was accused of being scum with MK.
If you really were scum WITH MK as whoever said
, I wouldn't have expected you to unvote. The bolded is part of the statement you seem to keep ignoring. I had just voted MK, why would I unvote? Yes, if I was scum with MK, I wouldn't have unvoted just as I left my vote on MK at the time (actually, if I were scum with mk, why would I have voted him to begin with?), but a) no one was hypothesizing about ME being possible scum with MK, and b) mk is not scum, therefor I am clearly not scum with MK, and neither are you, so.... what exactly? sorry, but I still have no fucking clue what it is you keep trying to say here.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Sorry, weekend busier than expected. This is a prod dodge - content later today.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”