Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by Surye »

bv310 wrote:Okay, I caught up with what I missed. I'm willing to say that Nexus is likely Town, but his reactions at his wagon so far have been extremely scummy. Looking at his iso, he goes from trying to start a counterwagon, to weakly defending a case, to flat-out aggression, to flailing. I'll be willing to vote him once it gets a bit closer to deadline, since I feel like there's a bit more conversation that we can extract first.

So which is it, do you think he is town or scum? I hope that fence post isn't hurting your ass too much :P
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Zang wrote:
TaRhalindur wrote:I see you still haven't figured it out. HINT: We're not lynching Snake today, period. That's just optimal play. Go looking for the player you think is second most likely to be scum.

What would be the point of me switching my vote to somebody else that "isn't going to be lynched today"? Besides, I already know my second and third picks for scum and if a large wagon builds up on them then I will switch my vote. Until then, I'm voting for who I think is scummiest.

Read the thread again carefully and you'll know the answer.

Zang wrote:
TaRhalindur wrote:Do you think Nexus is scum?

I already answered this.

Whoops, I didn't see it when I was reading the post you replied to it in. Sorry about that.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
MOD – I’ll be V/LA from today at 4pm EST (aka now) until Monday morning for my usual weekend duties.

Bv310 has solildified himself as theoretical Vigbait with his active lurking. I know funerals happen but his activity this game has been below my standards even for low performing BV.

Nexus’s VT claim pretty much solidifies we need to lynch either him or Snake today. Continually drawing VT claims helps solidify scum’s ability to hit Power Roles if both are Town or allows scum to blend in by claiming VT themselves (or perhaps already has).

This is good logic. It means that we are lynching Nexus today, period, because unless I'm seriously misreading something I saw earlier Snake is a completely unacceptable lynch today. The only thing that could change that would be a retraction from a certain player, and I'm not seeing it.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Zang wrote:Actually this makes me think. What if there are more than one doctors such as the newest doctor in this game then it would make more sense if the 10th doctor is scum or a fake claim. Especially, sense it was specified that he was the tenth doctor instead of just the doctor.

Aside from the slight role-fishing (which could easily be unintentional) this is a good point about Snake’s specifc claim being the 10th Doctor.

This is correct, and if I see another Doctor claim the solidity of Snake's role name claim goes down considerably. It still doesn't affect reason 2 for not lynching Snake today.

Nexus wrote:I don't understand why you think the Tenth Doctor would be only a VT, but Wilfred wouldn't? :S

Also, as I have spent the day saying, my second lynch preference would be Surye. It always has been.

Nice strawman (Wilfred is a more believable Vanilla than the Tenth Doctor, but then claiming vanilla is easily the shakiest part of Snake's claim). The problem with your claim is that Wilfred is a likely candidate for being a scum safeclaim (not THE obvious suspect under WWTD, but pretty close), whereas the most likely way Snake is scum (in the absence of another regeneration of the Doctor appearing, at least) is if flavor allows him to be trueclaiming Tenth Doctor and still be scum.

I'm not sure whether to be worried by the Surye-scum read given that he's the second largest wagon or not. Probably a null tell, there's good reasons either way.

bv310 wrote:Okay, I caught up with what I missed. I'm willing to say that Nexus is likely Town, but his reactions at his wagon so far have been extremely scummy. Looking at his iso, he goes from trying to start a counterwagon, to weakly defending a case, to flat-out aggression, to flailing. I'll be willing to vote him once it gets a bit closer to deadline, since I feel like there's a bit more conversation that we can extract first.

Maybe we should deal with Nexus tomorrow after all.

I mean, seriously. "I think player X is likely town but I'm willing to vote him once it gets closer to deadline", "more conversation that we can extract" (lengthening the day to add confusion or to extract more claims, I wonder, I wonder), summary of Nexus iso instead of analysis... oh, and lurking. Can't forget the lurking.

Like hell you're town. The only reason I'm not asking for your head on a platter immediately is because Nexus is ALSO scum and we only get one lynch a day. So I'll get your head on a platter tomorrow. (Or the rest of the town should I be killed overnight.)

HoS: bv310
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by iamausername »

CES where are you

i can't see the rest of these jokers dropping a hammer any time soon
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

Btw, BV310, would this more conversation have anything to do with you telling us who you think is actually scummy? Your one scum suspect was Surye about 2 weeks ago. Maybe you'd like to comment on Snake's wagon or claim? After all, if you think Nexus is town, Snake would be the other major wagon, atm.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Surye »

iamausername wrote:CES where are you

i can't see the rest of these jokers dropping a hammer any time soon

Everyone is so afraid of being the hammer. I think a Nexus lynch now is the optimum town play. We'll get a ton of information from it and the night kill(s). As far as D1s go, this has been a good one. I don't see anything more developing from the Nexus wagon, and if you don't think he's today's lynch, you're kidding yourself.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

You misjudge me. I am not afraid of being the hammer. I was rather hoping to get BV310 to actually say something during day 1, first. It looks like it is going to fall upon my shoulders, anyhow.
The only people that can hammer are:
pappums rat: v/la
CES: v/la (Goofbash)
Nexus: isn't going to self-hammer
Zang: stuck to his snake vote
bv310: frequently absent
The Rufflig: Present

I'm going to give bv310 another day to get his thoughts in - if progress remains stalled, I'll hammer tomorrow night. It looks to me that everyone is pretty much set in their vote anyhow.
Don't Panic!
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:24 pm

Post by bv310 »

Surye wrote:
bv310 wrote:Okay, I caught up with what I missed. I'm willing to say that Nexus is likely
Town, but
his reactions at his wagon so far have been extremely scummy. Looking at his iso, he goes from trying to start a counterwagon, to weakly defending a case, to flat-out aggression, to flailing. I'll be willing to vote him once it gets a bit closer to deadline, since I feel like there's a bit more conversation that we can extract first.

So which is it, do you think he is town or scum? I hope that fence post isn't hurting your ass too much :P

Ugh. Bolded should say "Scum, since". I changed my mind part way through writing that post. This week has apparently consumed my last bits of logic.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Post by Surye »

bv310 wrote:
Surye wrote:
bv310 wrote:Okay, I caught up with what I missed. I'm willing to say that Nexus is likely
Town, but
his reactions at his wagon so far have been extremely scummy. Looking at his iso, he goes from trying to start a counterwagon, to weakly defending a case, to flat-out aggression, to flailing. I'll be willing to vote him once it gets a bit closer to deadline, since I feel like there's a bit more conversation that we can extract first.

Ugh. Bolded should say "Scum, since". I changed my mind part way through writing that post. This week has apparently consumed my last bits of logic.

Then why not drop the hammer? Do you agree that he is today's lynch? What are you waiting on?
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:42 am

Post by The Rufflig »

Surye, would you mind pressing bv310 to actually say something today instead of challenging him to end the day?
Don't Panic!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:08 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Ant (1) & Cogito (1) have been prodded
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:13 am

Post by Surye »

The Rufflig wrote:Surye, would you mind pressing bv310 to actually say something today instead of challenging him to end the day?

With his correction, was that not saying something?
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:48 am

Post by The Rufflig »

His "correction" might have been a cover for a scum slip. However, he really hasn't said anything today. You might have noticed that even though he is "caught up" that he ignored my request for his scum suspects. Townies generally want to give out there scum suspects and the reasoning behind the suspects in order to help town. bv310 isn't doing any of that. The only thing he has said since getting back is that he is willing to hammer Nexus. I think it is safe to say that he is purposely lurking and he is now on my willing to lynch list.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: bv310
Don't Panic!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:55 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Day 1 The 9th, and correct vote count

Nexus 6: Tarh,Surye,Hoppster, Username, Snake, MOI (Lynch - 1)
Snake 4: Rat, Nexus, Cogito, Zang (Lynch -3)
Surye 1: BV3
BV3 1: Ruffling

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch with a deadline set at 22nd June at 10am EST..
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Surye »

The Rufflig wrote:His "correction" might have been a cover for a scum slip. However, he really hasn't said anything today. You might have noticed that even though he is "caught up" that he ignored my request for his scum suspects. Townies generally want to give out there scum suspects and the reasoning behind the suspects in order to help town. bv310 isn't doing any of that. The only thing he has said since getting back is that he is willing to hammer Nexus. I think it is safe to say that he is purposely lurking and he is now on my willing to lynch list.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: bv310

Interesting, you are voting for him...suspicion makes sense, but what is the goal with the vote? To start a new wagon now? I like your line of reasoning, but I can't help but feel like the vote is trying to avoid the Nexus wagon, and this close to a deadline. Especially since you felt the need to post defensively that you weren't afraid to hammer.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 am

Post by The Rufflig »

Emphasis mostly. Like I said earlier, I think everyone is pretty much set in their vote already.

mod wrote:Day 1 The 9th, and correct vote count

@mod: Want to bet on that? My vote is on bv310 not Surye.
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't Panic!
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Hoppster »

@ Mod: Rufflig is voting bv310, not Surye.

Ninja'd.

Nexus wrote:Oh, nice ad hom there.

Squirm some more.

Common misconceptions about Ad hominem (Wikipedia)

Do yourself a favour, read that.

Zang wrote:
Hoppster wrote:Why would the prescence of other incarnations of the Doctor in this game mean that specifically the 10th Doctor makes more sense as a scum or fake claim?

The doctor is such a powerful and innocent role that it doesn't seem very likely but if there were more than one doctor then it would probably be more likely that one is scum or a fake claim. The fact that he claimed the 10th doctor instead of just The Doctor supports this.

I'm talking about
specifically the 10th Doctor
. Why did you say that specifically the 10th doctor made sense as a scum or fake claim?

Zang wrote:Actually this makes me think. What if there are more than one doctors such as the newest doctor in this game then
it would make more sense if
the 10th doctor
is scum or a fake claim.
Especially, sense it was specified that he was the tenth doctor instead of just the doctor.

Zang wrote:
Hoppster wrote:This may sound weird, but could you read what Rufflig said again and then answer it again for me please?

Why? I already answered it.

So are you going to read it again and answer it again or not? Either don't answer it again or do.

bv310 wrote:I feel like there's a bit more conversation that we can extract first.

You can start.

Rufflig: There are 4 days until deadline. Your vote puts bv310 at a mighty L-6.

Do you have the intention of running bv310 up to the 3rd claim of the day?
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Nexus »

Well how about just don't call me a twat, hm?

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Ad_hominem

;)
Trans rights are human rights.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:04 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

The Rufflig wrote:Emphasis mostly. Like I said earlier, I think everyone is pretty much set in their vote already.

mod wrote:Day 1 The 9th, and correct vote count

@mod: Want to bet on that? My vote is on bv310 not Surye.

HAHA Yea, you ninja'd me and when i hit post it didn't give me a preview your posting changing vote.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:17 am

Post by The Rufflig »

@mod:
AHEM! My vote was previously on _Zang_.

mod: well the VC is correct now :P
Don't Panic!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:26 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

pappums rat has asked to be replaced, a search is now on.

Question to players, would you rather have a suspended night deadline if a replacement cant be found for Rat, or have a deadline extension in day 1?
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

I don't think a longer day is going to help anything, mod. I vote for a suspended night deadline or should I say:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Nexus

This apathy shown to a Doctor Who theme game saddens me. :cry:
Don't Panic!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by Nexus »

/o\

*forlorn Wilfred wiggle*

I honestly cannot believe the flimsy reasoning for the disintegration of the Snake wagon. If Snake's still alive tomorrow, then please, for the love of God, press him hard. He's promised to provide content, since according to him "Day 1 doesn't mean anything," so string him up if he doesn't.

Elsewhere, there must be at least another scumbag or third party role on my wagon, as it built up far too quickly with far too many people quickly hopping over (iamusername and Hoppster are particular favourites).

I think Rufflig is town. I can understand his reasons for the hammer-if I wasn't so staunchly against self-hammering as town, I would've considered it.

bv needs a kick up the arse, but he's like this in most games. I think Tar is town, even if he was misguided in his wagon. Unsure on MoI. Surye is still quite scummy. CES is...no idea. I think Zang is town.

Finally, apologies for my lack of real input in the game. Work have been taking great dumps on me from a height, and I've been in a state of tiredness for the last two weeks.

Trans rights are human rights.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:35 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Day 1 The 9th, and correct vote count

Nexus 7: Tarh,Surye,Hoppster, Username, Snake, MOI,Ruffling(Lynch)
Snake 4: Rat, Nexus, Cogito, Zang (Lynch -3)
Surye 1: BV3

With 13 alive, it took 7 to lynch with a deadline set at 22nd June at 10am EST..

Knock, Knock, Knock, Knock.

Nexus Bangs the window hard denying he is scum but this time knocking 4 times does not save him, it condems him to his death.However this time no one will save him, no one will listen as deadly chemicals start to filter through to the chamber you have locked him inside. He drops dead and after the chamber is decomtamanated you search his body.

Was he scum? No, just an old man and his telescope.

Nexus was Wilfred Mott, Vanilla town lynched day 1

Night deadline is suspended until a replacement for Rat is found.

Mod: I want to take this moment to say sorry for the sloppy vote count mistakes day 1. My medication is a severe sedative and makes my concentration lapse. I will be off them by the start of day 2.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:08 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

CryMeARiver replaces Rat, deadline is set at 2pm EST Wednesday 22nd June, however game will open no earlier than 48 hours
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:37 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

you awake after killing the old man to find more carnage. Lying in the gutter is the body of MagnaofIllusion shot through the head. Not too far from his body was the body of Ruffling who was killed also

MagnaofIllusion was Sarah Jane Smith, Vanilla town. killed Night 1

The Rufflig was he 11th Doctor, town Doctor. Killed night 1

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch with a deadline of 13th July at 12pm EST.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”