Newbie 1109: Paradise City (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Maziek
Maziek
Townie
Maziek
Townie
Townie

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Maziek »

Bulvious wrote:I don't like the idea of confirming Maziek as town, personally. I consider myself to be an OK player, and I definitely didn't see Verydark's scumminess right off the bat. The fact that he recognized it so early is either just LUCK, or, as we've said, he bussed his noobscum partner for town points.

I'm just going to say that people caught what he was doing at first before I did. The only difference is that you all put it as newbie mistakes, while I called it scummy. That's why I don't put off newbie mistakes if they're scummy play.

For example:

}|{opa wrote:@ Isa, I'm sorry if my play caused the downfall of your great expectations. I'll try my best.

@ Verydark, voting No Lynch at the first day was proven to be genuinely bad idea (at least in all the newbie setups - it is for sure). Also, mentioning random.org is kind of not good. Yes, random vote stage is called random, but it better to choose by yourself. Some people on this site really hate random.org votes. It's better to provide some kind of explanation. Well, I did not, my bad. I voted Otolia for his serious looking mafiaso penguin avi. I know, it's a fat joke. Random vote stage often worries new players, just get used to it.

was before my:

Maziek wrote:
Yay we started!

VOTE: Verydark

Depending on a cop for our scum is not a smart thing to do at all. Depending on night actions in general is something we don't want to do as a town. We have 7 people. We can put our brains together and find scum for sure.

No lynch is generally a bad idea in general. Especially really early during the day. We want to use our day to its fullest, which means getting as much information as possible, getting as many reads as possible, and doing our best to find 2-3 people that are scummy and we can lynch.

This is 100% what is on my mind right now.

Isa wrote:Vote: Maziek
Because the best Pokémon generation is Gen 1, not 3.

The thing currently on my mind is where the obligatory lengthy IC post went.

Gen 5 > 3 > 2 > 1 just saying :P

My next point was also brought up by Hopa:

}|{opa wrote:@ Bulvious,

1) Yes. It is my first time as IC.
2) Negative. I think Mod should force a replacement on those people who wants to be policy lynched.
3) Maybe some in June.
4) Don't know. I'd say south.

@ Maziek: Asking questions is good. Besides, Verydark had avoided question about his game expirience.

@ Verydark: Did you played forum based mafia elsewhere?

before my:

Maziek wrote:Keeping my vote on Verydark. Combined with the reasons in my first post, he has also been avoiding questions. For example, he responded to Jora's question, but he didn't respond to mine, which was said before Jora's.

At the beginning, I was not the only one to catch his mistakes. However, I was the only one to call him scummy for them. This led to me asking more questions about what he was doing, how he felt about me voting him, and things of that sort, and in the end his responses to me made me think scum, along with his L-1 vote (Which was pointed out by Isa before me). Saying that I was the first to catch on to his scum play is a mistake unless you mean I was the first person not to leave it at newbie mistakes. If that's the case, then whatever. Leaving stuff at newbie mistakes won't win town the game.
League: Doomsyplusle
osu!: Dooms

Pokemon Nuzlocker, Smash Bros. competitive player, and Fire Emblem: Awakening lover~
Yonzy
Yonzy
Goon
Yonzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Yonzy »

prodd recieveddd...
posting soon..
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Bulvious »

You know, I genuinely still don't feel as though Verydark was made very scummy by his no lynch vote. I don't think his random.org vote was very scummy. Even his placing then-illimatic at L-1 wasn't SO scummy in a noob game. It was how he was reacting to you that made me see him as scummy. I mean, it's great to put it that way, but no one else found those actions worthy of a read. While we can all appreciate the pressure you gave him for those, if he had responded like town should, he wouldn't have gotten my vote. That's what pressure is, though, and great if you happened to catch on with those weak tells if they were even tells, but the fact of the matter is, you were the only one to percieve them as tells. Now, this is amazing intuition perhaps, OR you knew something we didn't and so could manipulate the little things in your favor.

I'm just saying you are neither confirmed nor beyond suspicion in my eyes.
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:27 pm

Post by Isa »

I still think that the tactic he used would be way too advanced and unreliable in a newbie game. I also agree with Bulvious that your tells weren't convincing at all, it was the reactions and overall handling of the case. Not that it matters.

We're losing a lot of momentum. Until Otolia posts I think we're at a standstill. Bleh. I feel like this game overall hadn't had a lot of momentum which bothers me. Unfortunately, at this point, we gain the most by waiting for a V/LA player to post, and yet I don't think that anything he says will convince me he isn't scum.
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:02 pm

Post by Jora »

Isa wrote:
We're losing a lot of momentum. Until Otolia posts I think we're at a standstill. Bleh....

Not. Nothing he [Otolia] says will change things. We don't need him anymore.
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Jora is obv VT, if not, she is a Cop. Simple.
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:32 pm

Post by Isa »

Well, what would be your suggested method of procedure?
Lär Känna En Isa

Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:32 am

Post by Jora »

I don't know what to say to you. Really. I wait Yonzy and Otolia. I think Otolia should tell us whom he would be blocking before we go hammering.
About why is Oto doomed?
I can make post-by-post analisis of his play, but that would be waste of time. I just say that he must be scum, because of
1) his voting pattern
2) lack of interaction with Verydark
3) when town decided to lynch Verydark and Bulvious tell us about his role and his suspicions,
Oto said very strange things: Post #325, Post #328. I don't get what he meant to say.
4) He said nothing about Maziek's plan, and he said nothing about idea of jailing him.
5) He kind of lost and not interested in this game anymore. Just compare him here and in another one game where he is currently in.
I literally can feel his thoughts:
© wrote:What is it now, huh?

Me against how many other people?

Let's see... *checks player list*

All against me? Jail?!

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:34 am

Post by Jora »

EBWOP: Bulvious, of course Bulvious
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:13 am

Post by Bulvious »

Jailing Maziek.
Maziek
Maziek
Townie
Maziek
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:14 am

Post by Maziek »

Bulvious wrote:You know, I genuinely still don't feel as though Verydark was made very scummy by his no lynch vote. I don't think his random.org vote was very scummy. Even his placing then-illimatic at L-1 wasn't SO scummy in a noob game. It was how he was reacting to you that made me see him as scummy. I mean, it's great to put it that way, but no one else found those actions worthy of a read. While we can all appreciate the pressure you gave him for those, if he had responded like town should, he wouldn't have gotten my vote. That's what pressure is, though, and great if you happened to catch on with those weak tells if they were even tells, but the fact of the matter is, you were the only one to percieve them as tells. Now, this is amazing intuition perhaps, OR you knew something we didn't and so could manipulate the little things in your favor.

I'm just saying you are neither confirmed nor beyond suspicion in my eyes.

At least you're calling me a decent player... I think lol.

I called him scummy for stuff that would normally be scummy in a regular game, and he pretty much threw me to the side, saying that my reasons were nothing. Because of this, I asked him more questions, and his responses were not townie in any way. Especially after I started calling him scum instead of scummy and after the L-1 vote. That's all it was.

Pokemon Nuzlocker, Smash Bros. competitive player, and Fire Emblem: Awakening lover~
Maziek
Maziek
Townie
Maziek
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Maziek »

Actually, I'm going to say two things before I go to play more Moemon/Touhoumon:

1) Why would mafia bus their Role Cop unless it was completely hopeless for him to live? Role cop is the best way for the scum team to find PR's, which leads to safe claims that will make them confirmed town throughout almost the whole game unless there end up being three PR's.

2) I'm not believing any PR claims at this point except Bulvious. Scum have a 66% chance of having a PR safe claim at this point. 66%. Plus, Bulvious serves as a cop and a doctor as well as a role blocker at this point. If someone at L-1 claims cop or doc, I'm not going to put them as auto-town unless they have/are:

Good reasons for their targets.
Not trying to blend into town.
On my town side in general

Any of those will make me some-what believe it, but even then, and if I die, remember to be weary of PR claims, and also remember, if someone besides bulvious claims a PR, and you have the last PR, be 100% sure that you counterclaim, because thats probably your last scum.

Yonzy
Yonzy
Goon
Yonzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Yonzy »

Is it not super suspicious Otolia hasn't posted yet? Why are we even considering maziek since he was like a definite town read for alot of people yesterday...
Anyway, I say we lynch Otolia and see what happens since most people had a scum read on him... But I won't vote unless I get the green light from you people
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Bulvious »

Yonzy... We aren't considering Maziek. No one ever said to lynch Maziek. Not one person.

It's not suspicious Otolia hasn't posted yet because he said he'd be MIA. PAY ATTENTION.

What I'm SAYING about Maziek is that he certainly doesn't have a definite town read for ME. I couldn't care a whole lot less whether or not YOU felt he was definite town because you also though Verydark was town until we essentially begged for your vote.

Your lack of attention, your changing of the facts, your wish for approval, I like none of it. While I'm more than happy to get rid of Otolia, I'm sort of curious as to where YOU stand if it's not Otolia.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by don_johnson »

i work the next two days. if you guys are satisfiued with confirming me as town due to day 1 interactions then i am okay with you proceeding without my input. if you mislynch and i am alive tomorrow i can certainly catch up then. otherwise it may mean you'll have to wait on my input. i'll have time to read, but can't promise anything substantial right away.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by Jora »

Nuff said
VOTE: Otolia
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Tasky »

I'm back! Thanks a lot Mr. Flay, I'm taking over again.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:41 am

Post by Tasky »

VOTECOUNT 2.2

Otolia (3/5): Bulvious, Isa, }|{opa

Not Voting (5): Maziek, don_johnson, Yonzy, Otolia, Greenealogist

With eight alive, it will take five votes to lynch. Deadline for D2 is 07.07.2011
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Greenealogist
Greenealogist
Townie
Greenealogist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:52 am

Post by Greenealogist »

OK, there seems to be very little if no need for debate now:
VOTE: Otolia
[insert pithy message of choice here]
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:00 am

Post by Isa »

That is L-1, nobody vote just yet...there seems to be conflicting opinions on this, but I still think that Otolia should at least be given the chance to reply before he's lynched. >_>
Lär Känna En Isa

Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Jora »

Isa wrote:That is L-1, nobody vote just yet...there seems to be conflicting opinions on this, but I still think that Otolia should at least be given the chance to reply before he's lynched. >_>

He had this chance. Click on his profile and you'll see him posting in another game.
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:25 am

Post by Jora »

In fact his last relevant post was here: Post #289 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:20 am
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Bulvious »

Isa, there IS no conflicting opinion. It's the concensus that Otolia WILL be lynched today with or without a statement. At this point he's shown he's not willing to play any longer, and so he needs to be lynched. With someone who was as AGAINST lurking as he was, along with this huge turn around, what point is there to beat around the bush? There are at LEAST ten things that make him scummy and NO ONE has as many as that. We can have our suspicions but the fact of the matter is, none of them even hold a candle to how we feel about Otolia. If you want, we can wait for him to post, but it's not going to come, we'll hit deadline, and we'll have wasted time.

Hammer him someone.
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Bulvious »

Not only that, what are you expecting him to say to make you doubt his scumminess? Even with an amazing explanation for everything he's done this isn't a game to take everyone at face value. PR claim? Maybe, but even so I don't see anyone outing themselves so much to make me lynch them before him. I've said it before and I'll say it again, until he's cleared there -will not be any progress-.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:40 am

Post by don_johnson »

vote: otolia

hope you don't mind, but it seems pointless to just sit and wait when his activity is what it is.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Isa »

Just to reassure - Bulvious is jailing Maziek, his previously most believed in town read?
Lär Känna En Isa

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”