Verbose Mafia 2 - Post or Perish (Game Over)

Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:18 am

Post by Turbovolver »

I shall certainly join in the drinking... "Fritzler".

Turbovolver orders a sugary cocktail.

Hey, why are you looking at me like that?
Perhaps I just don't want to give away my true character...

Turbovolver mumbles to himself

...or perhaps I just like cocktails.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:23 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Turbovolver suddenly looks horrified. Some of the other masked faces seem to notice, so he quickly adds

Never mind, I think it was just some reflux. I'm fine now.

But he still looks rather troubled. He stands up and stretches.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:20 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Turbovolver smiles as he hears the music come on, and laughs at Fritzler's joke. He recognizes the reference.

Except for the candy part... my memory's hazy on that one.

He admits, before going on a short spiel about one of the episodes as he takes his seat.

Does anybody else want something to eat too?
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:50 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Turbovolver notices PetroleumJelly sit down, but only nods to her. He seems to be far more interested in the words of Kelly Chen, which have him scowling slightly. He also shows disapproval of Pooky, who seems to do nothing but brag of his riches. Finally he turns to look at PetroleumJelly, asking

So what's your name?

He raises his glass to Fritzler's toast, though mainly out of politeness. Seeing DrippingGoofBall, he waves to her, but quickly turns back to the person sitting next to him.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:29 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Is it just me or are these people ever slightly mad?

Turbovolver muses, half to himself. He remembers how he too used to be crazy, and suddenly images from his eventful past flash into his mind. He remembers the firebombs, and links the threat against his home to the current threat - those photos. He suddenly becomes far more paranoid about everyone else in the room, and his posture shifts to one more reserved.

Relax...

Turbovolver says to himself
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:08 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Although Turbovolver is feeling a bit better about his memories, he's now rather worried by the group of vastly different people that surround him. He likes Fritzler's idea of getting too drunk to care, but...

I wish I could join you, pal.

He explains to Fritz

But I renounced such ways long ago... I must admit although my first drink looked rather fancy, there wasn't a drop of alcohol in it.

Way back when though, those were the days.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:39 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Turbovolver remains in his seat, rather withdrawn from the other guests. He surveys all of the people he can see, his gaze jumping from one guest to the next. He is trying to weigh up where each of them is coming from - his paranoia has him assuming the worst about this situation. He orders a glass of cold water, and drinks as though it will make a difference. Suprisingly it does, but only a small one.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:02 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

I apologise, Mr. Grey. I had just arrived at the party, I was not yet accustomed to the strange way you force my speech. I will do my best to ensure that it does not happen again.

My first thought was that those who suggested we nominate MikeBurnFire just because he was angry were more likely to be our murderers. With all of the masks and rules enforced on us by Mr. Grey, we have to judge people by intention and little else.

As I thought more deeply about the matter, I concluded that such aggression was hardly worth talking about. The fact that LoudmouthLee explains in such detail why such common behaviour is worthy of a vote makes me suspicious. As does MikeBurnFire trying and failing to explain such an insignificant event.

Nominate: LoudmouthLee, MikeBurnFire

I would also like to nominate Mathcam, for reasons I do not want to share.

Nominate: Mathcam

I think more should follow my example.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:13 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

I do not think you are following what I am saying, MikeBurnFire. I did not nominate you for the same reasons as some of the others, I nominated you because you sought to defend actions which were in my opinion insignificant, instead of just brushing them off.

Pooky, my comment about following my example was merely an afterthought. Think nothing of it, though I do request you consider my opinions.

I must say that for the moment I like Mathcam's idea of each of us only nominating one person. I will not do so until many more people have agreed that this is the way forward, however.

I also agree that the irrelevant conversations must be curbed. Believe me, I can guarantee that we do not function at our best when we operate under our prejudices.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:21 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Mathcam, I am rather confused by that statement you just made. You told me you agreed with me having secret reasons, but your disapproving tone made me think quite the opposite. Care to clarify this?

MikeBurnFire, I feel that my reason is the best one for nominating you. It seemed to me LoudmouthLee was trying to make a big deal out of nothing, but it was just as suspicious when you got so defensive instead of just brushing his comments aside. That is why you both got nominations.

As for my nomination of Mathcam, it just seemed to me the way he nominated Fritzler was rather sneaky. Fritzler's drunken antics were likely to get him some nominations, and I think Mathcam might have been taking advantadge of this. I was hesitant to explain because it was more of a gut feeling than any real reason. Forgive me if I am a little paranoid, it's... been my nature for some time.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:27 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Werebear, I thought that Commodore Amazing suggested we hold off on the recitals until a later date... that was my understanding. That is the reason I have not yet spoken my lines. Is this correct, CA?

Mathcam, the reason I did not reveal my suspicions (in addition to the fact that they were basically just a hunch) is that such behaviour often serves as a good icebreaker. If we are really going to start weeding out the killers among us, we will need to encourage everybody to share their thoughts on the real issue at hand.

I think Mathcam's idea about nominations was a good one. Please share your thoughts on the matter, everyone.

Turbovolver's eyes dart about, searching for clues amongst this group of people. He is clearly vexed by the situation.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #11) » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:12 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

The Silent Speaker, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Did you just suggest that it is "queer" that I came to my own conclusion about an accusation and became suspicious accordingly? I may have a history of paranoia but I'm sure that what you describe is completely normal behaviour!

Unnominate: Mathcam
Nominate: The Silent Speaker

I like the way you seem to be seeking out the truth, but I cannot agree with many of your conclusions. Perhaps you are just sewing suspicions about so that the rest of us are more inclined to nominate good-natured people?

I also think your proposal of limiting "relevant" nominations is overly complicated and too easily fixed by the more sinister among us.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:00 am

Post by Turbovolver »

MikeBurnFire seems to be scared of LoudmouthLee, and I suppose that would explain his fearful outburst. In fact I can see reason to be fearful, now that LoudmouthLee has turned his attention to me.

LoudmouthLee has also said that no matter what Mike's alignment is, the people nominating him must be evil, which seems to remove many possible explanations for events. How can you be so sure, LoudmouthLee?
You say you want an explanation for my nomination on Mathcam, but I've already given the two reasons for my actions. What more do you want?
I removed my nomination from Mathcam when something better came along - The Silent Speaker.

The Silent Speaker, of course it is possible that MikeBurnFire thought the accusations more worthy than I. But I have no way to know that, and so instead I must come up with my own conclusions. You still haven't said anything that explains why my behaviour is "queer".
I'm not sure if I understood your speech about maximising a ratio. It sounded like you are saying we should get the people nominating one person with lots of nominations to nominate the other people with lots of nominations. I don't understand, why is that necessarily beneficial?

Unnominate: MikeBurnFire

Nominate: Mathcam
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:39 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Mikeburnfire, I tend to agree with you. Considering the original attack on you was flimsy... "in my opinion"

Turbovolver glares at The Silent Speaker

and I was satisfied with your explanation, I don't think there is much reason to be suspicious of you.

Seriously, I asked The Silent Speaker a question, and he basically played word games to try to avoid the point. I think that's rather suspicious... if he was being honest with us then he wouldn't need to 'create' words, as they'd already be on the tip of his tongue. At this stage I think he is the one who should die today, if we must kill.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:00 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

I really think the current candidates are not chosen well. Considering the nomination leaders were all outspoken and "inflammatory" at the party, I get the impression we are still choosing people based on their behaviour back then, which I don't think we should be doing.

The Silent Speaker, how would you like it if you nominated someone and supplied a reason, but somebody said "Nuh-uh, that's just
your
opinion!". That's what you've done. You still haven't been able to explain how doing this is valid, you've just rephrased your point twice. Hence, word games.

I think I do see the point you were trying to get at, though. It's not the fact that what I said is only my opinion that is the problem, it's the fact that you don't agree with that opinion, and hence don't agree with the conclusions I made regarding MikeBurnFire. I suppose that's fair enough. Equipped with this understanding, I'm a little less suspicious of you. My nomination stands though, for the moment.

I will need some time to reflect... I'm sorry if I've been a bit hung up with Silent Speaker here.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:40 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

MikeBurnFire does not have my nomination at this current time, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm also rather confused how my affixation with TSS suddenly turns into a discussion about my early vote for Mathcam. That was nothing to do with the discussion we had. As for the affixation itself, in my mind it is slightly more likely that TSS is a killer, when compared to a random one of us.

If you are still unhappy with my behaviour regarding Mathcam, I will try to explain again.

At first I had a hunch, based on his nomination of Fritzler. Then something better came along, so I removed my nomination from him. Once one of my three nominees wasn't really suitable anymore, I moved my nomination back onto Mathcam. It's still just a hunch.

There were two reasons for not initially disclosing my hunch - the first was that it wasn't a particularly strong reason, and the second was that it would spur discussion.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:15 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Turbovolver finds himself on the lynching block.

Are you all crazy? I'm an innocent man! I did nothing wrong... nothing!

A slight pause.

This is because I'm black, isn't it?

Turbovolver seems to mentally collapse.

Another pause, longer.

Eventually gathering his thoughts (and sanity), he seems to recover.

Maximising our candidates for lynching might have been the best idea, but it has left us with many options. I will be reviewing previous events before I come to a decision.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:25 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Oh how I wish The Silent Speaker could be voted...
He's attacking the random vote comment based on semantics, and came up with an interesting fact about the nominations that basically says nothing (i.e. fluffing out his posts).

I don't think the CD should be followed up, so slightly suspicious of Kelly Chen for mentioning it. Looks to me like he just wanted to fill in space in the conversation.

I like Tamuz's point. I'll trust his explanation until I have one of my own (haven't had my "reflection time" yet). So,

Vote: Adele
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:52 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

I still think Fritzler's CD thing was just there to make sure he got the required 5 sentences in his post. I tried to say that before (in the roleplaying context), but I'll just make it clear here.

Pooky, I find it strange that you accuse me of holding back. I have contributed significantly to the game, and even promised to re-read the thread and form my own suspicions. I'm not going to flake on that promise - you will receive either a justification for my vote on Adele or I will move my vote. Just be patient.

And I guess we will have to disagree on the relevancy of TSS' statement. Think about it this way... if you were an innocent man or woman trying to work out who the killers are, would your first instinct be to look for cute patterns in the nominations? I know that's not my first instinct. On the other hand, if you are trying to make it look like you are contributing without committing, that is exactly the kind of thing you want to say.

In fact you know what? Pooky and The Silent Speaker are two of our killers. So,

Unvote: Adele
Vote: Pooky
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:57 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

It's a shame you are not nominated, SpamWise, as your defense of The Silent Speaker is noted.

And my vote change was devious? I suppose you are referring to my claiming I didn't have suspicions yet, but ended up voting? Yeah, I changed my mind. I'm still going to undertake the exhausting mental task of re-evaluating all that has been said, but for the moment Pooky is so much more likely to be evil than Adele. Please explain how thinking up what I am saying as I say it is suspicious?
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:20 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Curses, did we not nominate any scum?

You do reailse we aren't voting Adele for any comments, don't you? The votes are because of her nominations. Maybe it is you who should be paying attention, instead of thinking of nothing but sex.

Turbovolver rolls his eyes

Well I'm sorry to have to do this, but Mr. Grey, I would like to

Play the race card
you gave me, targetting
The Silent Speaker

And yes Pooky, I'm trying to build up an Adele wagon by voting for you, and by using my special ability targeting TSS. I'll leave that to the rest of the town to figure out.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (isolation #21) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:19 am

Post by Turbovolver »

That is rather suspicious of you, Fiasco. If you have managed to work out my true identity, then my paranoia and references to it would be explained, would they not? As for why I made my true character obvious, I wished to draw the attention of the killers. I am a tired man, weary of the unjustices in this world. After being transported to this horrible place, I decided I wouldn't really mind leaving this hateful planet to the rest of you.

You do raise an interesting point though... if MikeBurnFire was receiving a wave of nominations based on a weak reason, that does make him look rather innocent, I suppose. Then again, such a conclusion seems rather strong, considering how much information we actually possess. I think I'm willing to go on the record saying my choice was justified.

By the way, Fiasco, I don't like your tone. Or the way you ask simple and obvious questions of Adele. We will find the killers by seeing who is manufacturing their words, their actions. And you are looking mighty manufactured.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #22) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:08 am

Post by Turbovolver »

The race card ability? Well, we just have to wait until The Silent Speaker opens his mouth again. And we can all see.

I cant agree with Werebear calling my posts fluff. I have been OMGUSing a lot, partially deliberately because I'm "paranoid", but I don't think one could say they have been without content.

And Mathcam, I'm not
completely
sure that Pooky and The Silent Speaker are scum. If my past language has been too strong, then forgive me. I was sure enough to use my ability though.

I've already given plenty of reasons why I dislike The Silent Speaker. Pooky is mostly guilty by association, although I will NOW review the words of you all and come up with some solid conclusions.

And in case anybody was still wondering, I am in fact Malcolm X.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #23) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:57 am

Post by Turbovolver »

I will first state here that I will be ignoring the party. Perhaps events there could be relevant, though I think the bulk of our suspicions should come from after we got off the plane.

I am finding it difficult to properly remember everyone's comments... there is a wealth of information here, too much for my mind to process all at once. For the moment, I will discuss the events prior to the voting stage. It is likely I missed quite a bit of pertinent information, and I was probably paying more attention to the people I was already suspicious of. But at least now those people can see where I'm coming from in terms of finding them suspicious.

Based on the nomination stage, I came to the following conclusions about some of the people here:

I think Tamuz is one of the innocent ones amongst us... I find myself agreeing with what she contributes to our discussions. Also Kelly Chen, as apart from her thick religious talk there is nothing suspicious in her manner.

petroleumjelly does not stand out in my mind either way, though I do recall an interesting comment where he essentially says he is most suspicious of DrippingGoofball but unnominates her and instead nominates me. Perhaps she was just ensuring we had a wide range of people to choose from when it came time to lynch.
Actually yes, I do recall now that once DrippingGoofball had a nomination removed petroleumjelly's nomination found it's way back to her. So I am rather happy with petroleumjelly for the moment.

Werebear has avoided any sort of contribution at all, but also requested to leave, so I don't know what to make of that.

SpamWise chose a rather cozy time to nominate the early bandwagon leader (Kelly Chen), just because, in his words, he liked the feel. Don't like that. Later, he says he could "hazard a guess" to what I'm thinking, and follows up my nomination. Considering he later mentioned he thought I had extra information, this seems like an outright lie. His nomination of Mathcam would be a guilt-free way to send an innocent to the lynching block, though.

Adele seems a little reserved, making posts which look at overall approach but do nothing to individually find our killers. I don't like that sort of thing. This trend continues throughout the day, and I don't recall her contributing anything about her suspicions.

LoudmouthLee responds to Mikeburnfire rather aggressively, and it sounds as though he was serious when he nominated Mikeburnfire for not apologising properly. I could accept the original nomination being to test the waters, but I cant imagine him being genuinely serious about it. He uses a false dilemma later on, assuming that scum must be amongst the ones nominating MikeburnFire.

Pooky is another player who seems to avoid the bulk of our discussions, instead distracting himself with his beloved Adele. When he does suggest things, they seem to be things aimed at causing us to suspect each other, as opposed to telling us his own suspicions. For example, he asks questions, or randomly suggests things he finds suspicious - but without any commitment.

The Silent Speaker got into an argument with me, so although I find him suspicious I am probably not the best judge of that.

Mathcam's initial nomination was suspicious in my opinion. His next contribution was a set of good ideas, but nothing specific for us to consider. It should be noted that he did not care to mention my mysterious nomination of him until the rest of the town started talking about it. This makes me think he could be one of the killers, testing to see his position in the town before making a contribution. He later nomination hops, justifying it by calling his previous nomination a "fleeting suspicion".

So, based on the nomination phase, the people who stand out as suspicious to me are (in no order):

Adele
Mathcam
LoudmouthLee
The Silent Speaker
SpamWise
PookyTheMagicalBear

The people I'm liking as pro-town so far (in no order):

Tamuz
Kelly Chen
Slight Vibe on DrippingGoofball

I really think SpamWise needs to explain this "outright lie" business.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #24) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:25 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Turbovolver
takes a playing card out of his pocket, and flips it to the ground (in the general direction of The Silent Speaker). Take that!

It's the four of spades.

I must say I am rather frustrated right now. I spent a long time collecting my thoughts and relating them to the rest of you. And despite the number of people clamoring to lynch me for not doing so earlier, there has not been a signle comment on my conclusions since!

The Silent Speaker, most of your points against me make very little sense. I could explain this to everyone here, but I fear it would only exacibate things further. Of course, if I'm requested to do so I will.

Calm down and make some decent points against me, TSS, or we will get nowhere.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #25) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:25 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Werebear, you said that if you had to post twice a day, you would request a replacement. Now I suppose perhaps that view changed when you learnt it was only once per day... that's possible. But surely you understand where my comment is coming from. I implied the fact you wanted replacement suggested you were not lurking in a suspicious fashion, so I don't know why you've replied with such fierce defense... you weren't even on my suspicion list.

You didn't nominate anyone, and I myself cant remember who the people are you find suspicious. That to me suggests you haven't been contributing. Perhaps the "at all" phrase is a bit strong, perhaps not.
Turbovolver shrugs.

You also seem to have misremembered what I have said. I did not say somebody was cosying up to the bandwagon leader... I said that SpamWise chose a cosy time to join a bandwagon on the current leader.

And Tamuz, let me just say you're lucky I don't know what Malcolm X's views on sexism were.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:32 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Pooky, I didn't originally go after Adele for such behaviour because I didn't pick up on it. That's why when Tamuz pointed it out I was willing to follow for the moment.

As for me "accusing you of not being solid with your suspicions of me", you'll see that the comments I made were based on the nomination phase, and not recent events. So, I wasn't talking about your suspicions of me.

As for the actual details behind my early vote on Adele, I took Tamuz's word for it when he made his case. I don't think scum would gain anything by outright lying about events, so taking his words at face value seemed fair enough. If there was a problem with the argument, go bark up Tamuz's tree. I don't care if that sounds scummy... I've already given my own suspicions and I'm not even voting for Adele anymore so it's not like I'm trying to lynch Adele but blame Tamuz.

And yes Pooky, I've done a bit of roleplaying. That does not make me a hypocrite when I call you out for being a nonentity, because I've also contributed heavily to the
real
discussions this group has had. As for what I want comments on... it doesn't matter anymore. The fact remains that, at least during the nomination phase, you were a cipher.

Pooky, if there are points of yours I've misrepresented or failed to address, please bring them up again. I'll do my best to answer your concerns. Vague references like this are very suspicious if you cant back them up.

As for the race card shenanigans... they were meaningless. I just wanted to see how The Silent Speaker would respond. Perhaps I've signed my death warrant with such admissions, but it's the truth. Sorry if I got a bit extreme there. The four of spades thing was an in-joke that nobody here would understand.

Vote: mathcam
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #27) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:02 am

Post by Turbovolver »

I must say, I was rather heartened by your trust in my SpamWise. But given that you tried to defend your possible lie with an attack on me (instead of an explanation), I cant help thinking that you are merely trying to trick me into backing down. I suppose all I can say is that I have my eye on you, SpamWise.

The people I am most suspicious of aren't available to be voted. We probably have managed to nominate at least one killer, and in my eyes our best bet is Mathcam. I summarised my reasons for the vote back when I looked at all of the pre-nomination behaviour.

And yes, I probably have been a bit eccentric. Better than schizophrenic, no?

I will summarise my thoughts on the behaviour of us all post-nomination stage a bit later, and I'll decide where to go from there. It might no longer be Mathcam.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (isolation #28) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:04 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Yes, I suppose I did mislead. I expected a much stronger reaction from The Silent Speaker, and it appears I was wrong to do so. Of course, perhaps the fact that his reaction was
so
reserved tells us something.

Of course, many people said they only weren't voting me because of the ability, so I fully expect to receive some votes. It was never intended as a self-preservation move, though.

I don't feel much of the DrippingGoofball or Fritzler bandwagons, so I will not participate in those.

And I'm pretty sure I was hiting at my true character long before it looked like everyone had some sort of political role, so that should lend credence to my claim that I am Malcolm X. Of course some people think Malcolm X could be evil, which is another matter entirely.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #29) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:18 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

I like the look of TSS a bit better now. He voted MikeBurnFire based on a "tell" which was pretty much rubbish, but it was the first vote and unlikely to turn into a bandwagon before deadline. So either TSS is extremely cunning, or he really is trying to find our killers as an individual.

But the possible slip about the number of killers is rather damning... I guess I'll wait for him to weigh in again on this before I make up my mind about him.

Pooky and Mathcam are still scum, though. Execute them!
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (isolation #30) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:02 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

I'm pretty sure my arguments aren't hard to follow, Pooky. I notice the way you said I've misrepresented things, but when asked to point out these things you make reference to a previous comment of yours that holds no mention of misrepresentation.

It's painful trying to respond to your arguments without being able to quote them properly, but I'm pretty sure they are terrible. Most of the town sees that I am not a killer, just a rather crazed good guy, and I presume the innocent ones amongst us who are voting me are doing so because of the way I suggested I had an ability that I did not, which some would consider lying. Anything else you try to bring up is likely to be spin. Oh hell, I will consider them, and deal with them in a seperate post.

SpamWise, I was hoping you could explain yourself. You are only a "possible liar" because there's still quite possibly an honest explanation for things. Attacking my point against you on semantics I think is rather suspicious, though. I haven't yet seen a solid statement explaining why the two things you said are not contradictory.

Mathcam, I don't recall backing down on my stance that you are likely to be a killer, but if I have then yes that would look rather suspicious. I provided a few comments that lead me to this conclusion in my big speech about our nomination phase. Hmm, I suppose you could be referring to my initial nomination of you that I removed and then later put back on. Back then it was only a mere hunch, so when better things came along it was natural to remove you for the time being... that doesn't mean I stopped thinking you were potentially evil.

To all the people that understand that I'm not a killer - you are correct. I think it is inevitable that I die, but by being a simple good man who is very vocal I am sure I will provide much useful information once my alignment has been confirmed. And the good folk among you will not have lost much.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #31) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:25 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

For Pooky:

I didn't expect you to have
solid
suspicious during the nomination phase, it appears you have misunderstood what I said. But I don't recall hearing
anything
of your suspicions during the nomination phase. I suppose you nominated people, but you were certainly not one of the more memorable people among us in that regard.

Why would I take Tamuz's word for something? Because to blatantly misrepresent the game state is a lie that is easily caught, and so should never be done (regardless of whether he is a killer or not). I would not expect him to be lying about Adele's nominations. Besides, I said I would only trust his explanation until I'd worked out where my own suspicions lay - you calling this behaviour suspicious is both perplexing and makes me suspicious of you.

The discussions during the nomination phase have passed, and are probably largely irrelevant now. It doesn't matter how you act
after
you've been called on lurking - no matter what your alignment is you'd be trying to save your position. We have to judge based on the behaviour
at the time

As for the supposed points against me I failed to address, I will go over what you said and address it again. I'm pretty sure you're just full of it when you say that though, especially considering you also mentioned misrepresentations which you haven't been able to quantify.

I've already given reasons behind my suspicions of you and Mathcam. And I was saying that the actual "tell" was rubbish, not that TSS voting based on a tell was rubbish.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (isolation #32) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:33 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Yes SpamWise, that is all I required. I still think that saying you could hazard a guess to what I'm thinking sounds more like you follow the logic I used, but it is quite possible that your explanation of events is legitimate.

I'm sorry that I am speaking so much, but there is a lot to say. My next comment will address the points Pooky made against me that I supposedly did not address. Hopefully this time he will find it satisfactorily.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #33) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:56 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Wait, there really is nothing there. I will try to summarise Pooky's post, to demonstrate to you all how weak his arguments are:

The first part is a minor misunderstanding.

Says that at the start of the game he didn't have suspicions, so focused on strategy. Fair enough, but it's not like the nomination phase lasted a long enough time to form suspicions or anything. (That's sarcasm).

Then he summarises events. Says that Adele's behaviour has been consistent. I've already said I didn't check, and simply trusted Tamuz while I was unsure of where I myself stood.

Says I need to point out which discussions he skipped out on. Just look back at the whole nomination phase... apart from saying "here's a good strategy" he doesn't really talk much. His sum contribution (apart from general strategy):

At one stage he says "I'm suspicious of CES for being on both secondary wagons". Then in his last post of the nomination phase, he says he has only nominated one person because the others were already on the lynching block - Turbovolver and MikeBurnFire. There is no reasoning provided for these suspicions.

That's it.

His last point is that I myself did some "fluffing" of my posts. Well I'm sorry for roleplaying... it CANNOT be argued that I haven't contributed. In fact I've hardly been able to control my excitement.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (isolation #34) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:01 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

OK, so I just realised that it was in post 273 that Pooky says I misrepresented and failed to address points. When I ask where, he points me back to post 273. Yeah, that makes sense. I'm sorry Pooky, did I fail to address the points you made IN THE POST that you accused me of not addressing points?

He raises some points in post 273 (which I addressed, and have again to ensure he's happy), but never in post 273 does he actually point out any places I'd earlier failed to respond or misrepresented him (he just claims that I have without evidence). That evidence is still AWOL.

Remember what I said about making accusations like that and being unable to justify them, Pooky? Yeah, you haven't been able to justify them. You are a killer, almost definitely.

Malcolm X has spoken. (Note that he is one paranoid dude, so he's probably wrong).

Turbovolver laughs sadly.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #35) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:30 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Pooky, I specifically went back and addressed all of your points for you. In TWO sepearate little speeches for you. Why you continue to accuse me of failing to address your points is beyond me.

If you want me to just xerox all of my points again to respond to this latest post of yours, then I suppose I will.

Later, before the deadline hopefully, I will go through and respond to this latest attack of yours... though I fail to understand how repeating points that I specifically went out of my way to address will achieve anything.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #36) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:10 am

Post by Turbovolver »

I am torn as to whether I should put a vote on myself if no other options present themselves (which is looking quite likely).

While I know I am innocent and so shouldn't die, the town would get a lot of information from the death.

SpamWise, why is it "interesting" that Pooky says I haven't addressed his concerns if you are also of that belief?

I do not expect to save myself from lynch if there's only nine hours remaining. All I hope to do is point out how terrible Pooky's arguments are. Whether that makes him a killer or not I don't know. I'll have a look back at your comments, SpamWise, and see if I missed anything there.

And the race card deal was certainly not an outright lie, as I never gave any specifics, but it was entirely misleading and I can see exactly where people who didn't like it are coming from.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #37) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:39 am

Post by Turbovolver »

OK, For Pooky Yet Again

You said I was holding back, "putting one foot in the water" or something like that. I understood that as saying that I wasn't contributing. Indeed if I had simply piggybacked Tamuz's thoughts and not posted my own later, that would be not contributing.

YOU are the one misrepresenting here... my original reply was that I simply asked you to be patient and I'd post my own thoughts. You responded by saying it was suprising that I'd missed Adele's comments and that was suspicious (given I had been so active), and I responded saying it wasn't Adele's comments that were important - because Tamuz's reason was something about the way her nominations went.

See? Nowhere did I continue to go on about you saying I wasn't contributing. I never "twisted your argument against you".

OK, your next point is that the vote for Adele was invalid. Maybe it was... as I've said I was following Tamuz and left it behind when I'd had time to come to my own conclusions. I don't see much wrong with that.

You say I haven't given you a satisfactory answer for trusting Tamuz. As I've said I think twice already, if he lied about who she nominated then he would be caught in a second. So he must of been telling the truth when he said "Adele, who was nominating Fiasco, unnominates the man, and nominates along the same path as Fiasco himself."

He would never get away with lying about that, and it sounded a decent reason for a vote at that moment, so I went along with it.

I've already explained why I could trust Tamuz wasn't lying. Because to do so would be suicide.

Tamuz pointed out something that looked rather scummy in Adele, and given that I hadn't reached my own conclusions yet it seemed natural to go along with it for the moment. There's nothing suspicious about that, no matter how much you go on about "final votecounts" and the like.

You also say you think I've been trying to further the Adele bandwagon without any blame. Please explain why vote isn't on her and why all of my main points are against players not named Adele?

Why would I say your arguments are probably terrible? Because I think they are. I'm town, and you are trying to say I'm a killer. Therefore, your arguments are probably crappy. By definition. Of course, whether other people (who don't know I'm a good guy) want to think the same about your arguments is their own perogative.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (isolation #38) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:48 am

Post by Turbovolver »

OK, Now I will address all of SpamWise's points, including those I already defended against prevoiusly...

You said the way I switched my vote from Adele to Pooky was "devious". I think you were talking about how I composed my thoughts as I went along, finally deciding on a vote even though when I started speaking I had not. I don't see why that is suspicious.

You say you don't like how I didn't initially state my reasons for nominating Mathcam just after the crash. I've explained this, and if you are not happy with my two reasons (1. It was a hunch, 2. A bit of mystery might have got things going), then there is nothing more I can do to convince you.

You vote me for misleading the town. I cant defend that.

Well, that's all that you've accused me of... at least since the start of the voting phase (I didn't check before then, so sorry if those were the points you referring to).

I'd already been over all of those points previously... why are people so keen to tell me I haven't responded to things that I clearly have?
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #39) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:55 am

Post by Turbovolver »

What can I say? It's called Verbose Mafia for a reason.

Turbovolver winks, but is clearly wearired.

DrippingGoofball, I don't know what to make of your comment. You see my true character, but you suggest my recent verbosity has only been making me look worse (well, gives the potential to our killers to make me look worse). I didn't think my arguments were so terrible. But I've hardly been myself recently.

Turbovolver sighs.

If I am chosen to die, I wish the best of luck to the good people amongst you. Never become lax in your hunt for the murderers!
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (isolation #40) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:26 am

Post by Turbovolver »

That is perfectly acceptable. As I said a while ago, I am saddened by a world still so dominated by prejudice. Not to mention I can do little to help you guys root out your killers, beyond simply mouthing-off with my suspicions. I wish you all the best of luck in your search.

NEVER FORGET MALCOLM X!
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #41) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:58 am

Post by Turbovolver »

People need to know I was a good guy. Given my obscure behaviour, nobody can really safely make that assumption. So let's make it a sure thing! And avoid no-lynch for definite.

Unvote: Mathcam
Vote: Turbovolver

In case anybody is curious, I had to have the letter X in every post. That's why I made that "follow my example" comment at the end of one of my earlier posts.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (isolation #42) » Sun May 28, 2006 11:17 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Oh man, I was horrible this game :(

I had fun though, wish I could've stayed longer.

Scum played very well, but I found myself suspecting Fiasco as I read along at home.

Looking back at my explanations for who was scum on day 1, I was right about Pooky and wrong about Mathcam. At least all the people I proclaimed pro-town were.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (isolation #43) » Mon May 29, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Didn't it say there were 4 one-shot abilities on top of the mafia kill?

Also big :evil: at LML for claiming I was speaking to him from the dead.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”