verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:09 am

Post by verydark »

Hello everyone! Let's get this party started.

I'll do a generic vote on

VOTE: GenericName

You see what i did there?
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:32 am

Post by verydark »

1) What are your thoughts on No Lynch as a policy?

Maybe I'm new, but there has yet to be a situation in the games I've played where there isn't a player who is in the spotlight when it comes to lynching time, so I have no experience using "No Lynch", but it seems to me like a waste, if we don't lynch.

2) How do you feel about lynching inactives?

Absolutely not. Look at my last game 1117, where we lynched an inactive and he flipped town on D1, I was against it the whole time, and I was right. Inactivity CAN be scummy, but I will NEVER use it as my only reason for voting someone (and will not jump on any bandwagons using inactivity as the sole reason). I know life gets in the way sometimes, and we are all human, so to base an argument solely around that, blind to other ACTUAL arguments, is foolish.

Conversely, I have found that in my little experience so far, the ones consistently calling out people for lurking/inactivity seem to be more scummy. Nothing to base a case on, but what better way to get attention off you than to redirect it to a lurker.

3) How lurky is lurky to YOU?

Meh, I try to make at least one post a day and answer all questions directed to me. I think that is fair. I'm not going to sit and refresh the screen all day, waiting for the chance to post. If I feel someone needs to speak up, I will generally call them out, and if they don't follow up then, they usually are replaced or continue to half-assedly contribute. Nature of the game, I suppose.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:41 am

Post by verydark »

VisceraEyes wrote:Okay everyone, I prefer to start things off with a questioning phase instead of random votes, as random votes lead to random OMGUS and random suspicions that are otherwise very pointless and very avoidable.

A lot of good this has done, I'm ALREADY seeing OMGUS behavior. It's inevitable, dude.

jilynne1991 wrote:

3) If you got a prod, or I've see you online at least 3x without posting, I'm voting you.

Whoa there lady. I can't wait for you to vote for
anyone
with only
that
as your argument. You might as well vote for me now, because I frequently "lurk" on the forums when I'm at work, but post when I get home.

I
loved
this response to your absurd statement.

StefanB wrote:
jilynne1991 wrote:

Any other policy you wan't to share, where you can vote someone without calling them scummy? I have seen people getting prods that were very active in games normally and clearly not lurking.

Anyways...

I LOL at people posting their "Top Scum Pick" or are
already
accusing people of being scum. I personally have nothing to base an argument on currently, other than a lot of flared tempers and pointless bickering.

Oh, and one more note. One of my
biggest
pet peeves on here are
GIANT WALLS OF TEXT
. Please paraphrase or summarize, and also remove all the irrelevant text from your quotes. I don't need to re-read an entire 3 paragraphs of quoted text that were in the post immediately before yours when you're only responding to a single sentence.
The "Preview" button is your friend.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:19 am

Post by verydark »

Coventry wrote:
...Now it is early on day one and you've only made three posts so far, but your last post was so lacking in helpful content and dismissive of those who seem to be trying to scumhunt, as well as, from my perspective anyway, unrepresentative of what is actually in thread, that I would like to ask its purpose. I would also, I suppose, like to ask how you prefer to go about trying to identify the bad guys.

Ok, well, just to point out that you have a whopping FOUR posts, and most people on here have less than five, so I'll dismiss the post count as anything I need to defend.

"Lacking in helpful content" is relative. In my posts I've answered questions directed to me and contributed my thoughts which is that
it is too early to make a top scum pick.

I agree, I've played games that go through RVS for many pages before anything really materializes. But I really don't see how Viscera's questioning has moved us along much further. For instance, malpascp, GenericName, IH, and soon to be replaced jilynne1991, all have less than 3 posts, with minimal content. The fact is, that in mafia games, you'll start to pick up reads and player styles many real-life days into the game. After we have a chance to weed out the replacers and "settle in" to the game, I will have more ammunition to go after scum.

Now, I could jump on the Viscera wagon because, yes, he is abrasive- but there are FOUR players who have yet to have the chance to "slip up" or solidify their "towniness". I'm not going to wager a mislynch on one chatty player. Time will tell exactly how scummy Viscera is.

If I absolutely HAD to make a top scum pick right now, it would definitely be jilynne1991, who basically responded to Viscera's questions in a fashion that leaves her plenty of "reason" to vote for anybody she wants, not based on game theory, but personal preference for play style. This is scummy, but I have nothing else to fuel this fire. She will be replaced soon, so we will have to see what the replacement says/does.

As for how I like to scum hunt...

Personally, I've been habitually accused of "Tunnel Vision" which I don't really consider scummy. If I have my sights on you, I'm going to push and push and push, until you slip-up or until you prove yourself. I'm not blind to other arguments, and if someone brings something new to the table that I can stand behind, I will go that direction. Town needs to work together, and part of working together is having your "hunches" then providing the other players with facts that support it. You may very well catch something I missed, and it's important for us all to throw out any ideas we have.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:02 am

Post by verydark »

No problem, I never meant to come off as dismissive of anyone's attempt at scumhunting, but I'm just leary of anyone who is already posting their "top scum pick". It's wagon's like these...this early...that get townies killed. I will
not
be a part of that.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:27 am

Post by verydark »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

What is this shit?

OMG, I seriously loled for the first time ever in a mafia game. Thank you.

::regains composure::

Ok, that said..no wait, now I'm laughing at this.

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

No, I'm not going to answer your fucking questions.

Jesus lady, if you keep this shit up, this is going to be the best mafia game evar!

Ok, no really, before you replaced in, I was eyeing your spot as scummy. I'm going to need to see some pro-town behavior here. Just being all combative and shut-off from everyone isn't going to help your case. If you are town and you have reads or thoughts, you need to share them with the class.

Welcome replacements, but seriously, everyone needs to start speaking up.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:30 am

Post by verydark »

VisceraEyes wrote:Very well. I'll just replace out of the game since I'm so "displeasurable". I'm not scum, but in the name of not giving scum anymore information, I'm not going to claim. Good luck everyone!

Whoa there.

Yeah, you're not even at L-1 and we're only on page 4. I personally am holding back judgment about if you're scum or not (you tend to have the same "in-your-face" play style in 1116). If the funny lady is pushing your buttons, push back, or ignore her. I would hardly call your situation hopeless. If a wagon this early in the game really sticks and you did get hammered, I would be pretty upset, especially if you flipped town.

Don't be a quitter...errr....replacerer. You've contributed a lot to this game, whereas many other players have essentially contributed nothing.

I really would like people who sign up for a game...to actually
play the fucking game
. This shit is annoying.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:38 am

Post by verydark »

Wow. Just wow.

Moving on then...
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:31 am

Post by verydark »

Oh, it looks like my vote transferred over from Generic Name. It was an RVS vote anyway.

UNVOTE: SleepyKrew
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:00 am

Post by verydark »

Are you guys fucking serious? If VE flips town, you are ALL on my shit list. I will go through and ISO each of you because its guaranteed that scum is on this wagon. There is absolutely no need to put someone at L-1 and rolefish this early in the game.

For shame, all of you.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by verydark »

Ok, you're so overly willing to hammer, and yet after reading you in ISO, you have gave NO argument for why. You and VE have obviously had some back and forth aggressiveness, but you have not fully explained WHY you're voting him. Your hammer vote seems VERY opportunistic.

Darkcoffeejazz wrote:
However, being a bit of a jerk at times myself, I know for a fact that inappropriate behavior (such as insults, etc.) doesn't necessarily mean that the person is scum. Just like with anything that's said, you have to view it in the context it is spoken. Obviously, insulting everyone on your wagon when you're getting lynched could be a scum, but more than likely I've found it to be a raging townie.

So, you're not even voting for him because he's abrasive and inappropriate...and you've acknowledged he's potentially town.

Basically, you have NO argument. I'm sure others on the wagon are in a similar situation as you, but until I read them in ISO

VOTE: Darkcoffeejazz

I'm voting you because you're acting VERY scummy. You've said that you're going to hammer regardless, so even if VE role claims, he's fucked. This behavior is VERY anti-town, and since you're leading this hammer movement, you get my vote. But I'm FoSing everyone else on this wagon, and if you haven't gave a good reason why you're voting VE, I WILL be calling you out shortly.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by verydark »

EBWODP

Please, please, allow VE to at least respond or get prodded before you hammer. Not letting him defend himself is absolutely anti-town.

His last post was yesterday...give him till tomorrow to post.

We have ten days until the deadline, there is NO REASON to rush this lynch.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by verydark »

Wow, if you just lynched a townie, I URGE everyone to vote for you in day 2. You are probably the most anti-town player I've EVER encountered.

Douche.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by verydark »

Except this EXACT same thing happened in my last game, as I mentioned at the beginning of this game.

...and yes, the "Douche" comment applies
to everyone on this bandwagon that supported this lynch.
(Some people were just placeholders, and probably would have appreciated a claim before they stuck to their vote.)

I'm not taking anything "too seriously", I just would
really
like to win...sometime.

::sigh::
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:43 am

Post by verydark »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Verydark
- I'd really like an explanation of why you started shouting to the rafters about how bad a lynch Viscera was BEFORE his flip.

I thought I made it clear that I wouldn't back a lynch with baseless arguments. Sure, VE was over-the-top and abrasive, but none of his actions were scummy to me. The only person who even posted a somewhat convincing argument against VE was Sigma, and
he didn't even vote
for VE.
SigmaEXE003 wrote:
Viscera seems suspicious. He keeps changing his tone all over the place and seeing what sticks. As in, in post 28, he seems to be trying to be intimidating or aggressive. Then after that, he tries to atone for that by saying stuff like 'I'm a nice guy, really. Stop taking things personally.' once he's called out on it. Basically, he starts caring what people think of him. Then with Lady he started being arrogant. Now he 'gives up' and tries to make his replacement's job easier. Once he's called out on it he says 'Just kidding, I'll keep playing.' Now he's trying to be apologetic with reasons seemingly pulled out of his ass.

Since IH only had 3 posts, I figure his death was either a shot in the dark to get a power role, or a null kill to give us nothing to work off of.

Darkcoffee's death is a bit more telling. I need to reread the game to formulate a concrete theory, but I'm FoSing Lady Lambdadelta. She has exhibited primarily anti-town behavior, and aligns with my original vote on jilynne1991 (who lady replaced). I'll follow up tonight.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:53 am

Post by verydark »

Wait, so IH killed coffee, and scum killed IH? WTF? I need a minute to wrap my mind around this.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:09 am

Post by verydark »

StefanB wrote:VD did you really think Mafia killed both players, your analysis sounded like it.

Yeah, that was a noob mistake. I have yet to play any games with a vigilante, so now I'm up to speed.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:49 am

Post by verydark »

Magua wrote:

@verydark:
How many games have you played? Have you played any games in real life / on other sites?

This is my 3rd game here. My first I was lynched D1, my second is currently going on and I'm in D2. I decided to try a game on the open boards because the newbie games were moving waaaayyy too slow. I played on epicmafia for like one hour and got annoyed with all the trolls. So, yeah, this is basically my ONLY experience.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Oh look, one of my favorite new tells. The “ooops it was a Newb mistake I didn’t understand the clearly posted Set-up in an Open Game” tell. Who pulled that same sort of play in Umbrage’s “Jungle Republic” Mafia? Cjdrum and Neil1113 both did, and both were Mafia.

So here, have this!!

VOTE: Verydark

Thanks. I love how all these "scum tells" I keep tripping for you all revolve around my inexperience, or my aversion to lynching VE (who was town, if you don't recall). It's these sensationalist accusations that gets townies killed. As I mentioned several times, I refuse to support lynches with little to no valid reasoning. It seems to me like everyone voted for VE to get him to shut up, and THEN made up a reason as to why.

I notice many players here are in a huge hurry to finish the game. Go play epicmafia. I came here because I like a longer game with more information and more time to assess everyone.

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Gamma, you SO owe me for this game.

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

I don't want to see a page 13 today. He dies in the next 3 pages.

I hope no one else listens to you because
clearly
you don't want to be here.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #18) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:23 am

Post by verydark »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Unvote; Vote: SleepyKrew

I don't want to see a page 13 today. He dies in the next 3 pages.

Nope.

Although, after re-reading D1, I noticed that SleepyKrew replaced GenericName, who had no worthy posts. He never gave his rationale for keeping his vote on Viscera. The only post pre-lynch was this:
SleepyKrew wrote:Also, you should vote VE.

This seems very opportunistic. Also, the majority of his posts are one line in length, dismissive, and never explains his actions.

VOTE: SleepyKrew

I want an explanation of why you voted for VE.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #19) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:13 am

Post by verydark »

SleepyKrew wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: verydark
Just a note, LYLO tomorrow if we mislynch.

Wow, so you've already accepted a mislynch as a possibility? I thought the purpose was to hunt SCUM. I love how a wagon has been started on me and there has been no discussion as to why.

Again with the anti-town behavior, Sleepy and Lady.

Hopefully the rest of the players won't carelessly jump on this wagon, like they did with VE.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:20 am

Post by verydark »

What was so scummy about 309 exactly?

Sleepy/Lady = Scum.

Let's remember how rapidly Lady pushed for a VE lynch, and was wrong. She's trying to rush the game again, if you're so fucking impatient, why don't you just, I don't know, not play mafia and go watch MTV or something more flashy to keep your attention.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:23 am

Post by verydark »

I would like to see you redraw your little scum map with me as a town possibility, because you're going to need that backup plan.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:30 am

Post by verydark »

SleepyKrew wrote:
I've already said I'm down for dark/malp/Sigma/possibly Seraphim if he continues to be scummy.

Wow, so basically everyone except yourself and Lady?

Interesting.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:39 am

Post by verydark »

Do it, then.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:41 am

Post by verydark »

I'm still curious how I'm misrepping you. You are on board to basically lynch anyone except Lady.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:48 am

Post by verydark »

SleepyKrew wrote:VOTE: malpscap
However you spell it.

VOTE: Magua
Welcome.

SleepyKrew wrote:I'll sheep that.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Seraphim
So Harry Potter lasted 2+ days?

SleepyKrew wrote:lynch it with fire
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Sigma

VOTE: verydark
Just a note, LYLO tomorrow if we mislynch.

This is why you are scummy.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #26) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:09 am

Post by verydark »

There's no rationalizing with the insane. This game is being led by scum, and everyone is cool with that.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:15 am

Post by verydark »

Lady and Sleepy are on my scumdar.
So is anyone else suspicious of SleepyKrew?
I'm currently re-reading Sigma, seeing as how he's the next biggest wagon...haven't turned anything concrete up yet.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #28) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:48 am

Post by verydark »

Meh. I'm not the only one ignoring questions around here...
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #29) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:59 am

Post by verydark »

Your girlfriend CONSISTENTLY avoids questions. Is that ok?
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #30) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:59 am

Post by verydark »

LLD, would be your GF, if that's not obvious.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #31) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by verydark »

What a surprise- you defiantly refusing to comment/contribute.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (isolation #32) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:11 am

Post by verydark »

Ugh, prod received.

I was out of town all weekend, forgot to post a VLA.

I know the last thing you guys want is another replacement.

Expect a long post from me by days end, I need to catch up. It looks like there's even more replacements.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #33) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by verydark »

Really? The 2 wagons are going to be malp and seraphim?

Sleepy and LLD continually mimic eachothers votes, yet LLD has sleepy as one of her main scum reads. This seems a bit staged.

I don't really have malp or seraphim pegged as confirmed scum, so this is a slippery slope. With the deadline in 2 days, I may be forced to join a wagon so there isn't a NL. But I'll wait a bit longer to see how this unfolds.

In my perfect world, sleepy and LLD would be on the chopping block.

Does anyone feel that LLD is town or is leaning town?
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #34) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:52 am

Post by verydark »

So my style isn't to post walls of text, but apparently to be taken seriously, it's expected. Which is funny because LLD is essentially LEADING THE GAME, and she rarely posts more than 2 sentences after quoting someone. Those sentences usually consist of "What is this shit" or "...really". Yet, she is the towniest player evar (sarcasm).

I might be a noob, but I'm not oblivious.

The wagon on VE formed during RVS, but stuck till he was lynched. Looking back, I still don't think there was enough ammunition to lynch him. He was very over-the-top, but I didn't find his play style scummy, everyone essentially lynched him because he was loud. After sleepy replaced generic name, he jumped on the VE wagon without giving a reason. Moments later, LLD replaces in, and immediately votes for VE. She then tunnels him until he's lynched, basically applying any and all scum traits she can to his neutral play.

Votecount #6

VisceraEyes(6) IH,
SleepyKrew, Lady Lambdadelta
, StefanB, Seraphim, malpascp
Seraphim(1) MagnaofIllusion
Lady Lambdadelta(0)
verydark(0)
SleepyKrew(0)
MagnaofIllusion(0)
Coventry(0)
SigmaEXE003(0)
IH(0)
malpascp(0)
StefanB(0)
Darkcoffeejazz(0)

Not Voting:Coventry, SigmaEXE003, VisceraEyes, verydark, Darkcoffeejazz
With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Oh noes, VE flipped town. What a surprise, seeing as how he was lynched when many games are still in RVS. Of course, I take the brunt of attention from the mislynch. Which is funny, because
I DIDN'T EVEN VOTE FOR VE, AND URGED PEOPLE NOT TO
(until we had more info). This somehow gets turned around to be anti-town behavior. But no one starts to wagon me...just yet.

But what is most amazing is that after the flip, Sleepy votes randomly for malpasc in post #177 without giving any reasoning, and LLD disappears for some time, only to reappear with post #196, where she simply votes for malpasc, and says NOTHING ELSE.

SleepyKrew wrote:VOTE: malpscap
However you spell it.

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
malpascp wrote:@SK: RVS is only on D1.

Seems obvious to me that IH could only be killed by mafia. That means mafia killed IH, and IH had to kill DCJ. Not hard.

I think SK is town so far. But I wouldn't recommend you to keep posting like that.

Vote: Mal

That's right, they both say NOTHING (LLD quotes a useless malpasc post, which me just comes off as noob, not scum), and cast a vote for malpasc.

SCUM BUDDIES!

Well, the gig is up. MoI starts pushing me, and what a surprise, Sleepy and LLD jump on board the wagon with the most fuel at the time.

Votecount #13

verydark(3)
Lady Lambdadelta
, MagnaofIllusion,
SleepyKrew

SigmaEXE003(2) Magua, StefanB
SleepyKrew(1) verydark
Lady Lambdadelta (1) malpascp
malpascp(0)
Seraphim(0)
Magua(0)
StefanB(0)
MagnaofIllusion(0)

Not Voting: Seraphim, SigmaEXE003
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Then the game goes into a lull, where little new stuff is posted. After a while, it's obvious there's not enough steam on this train to lynchville for me, so they both jump to the next best wagon (malpasc), which is getting attention from more players.

Votecount #19

malpascp(3) StefanB,
Lady Lambdadelta, SleepyKrew

Lady Lambdadelta (2) malpascp, Seraphim
Seraphim(2) Luxury, Magua
verydark(1) MagnaofIllusion
SleepyKrew(1) verydark
Luxury(0)
Magua(0)
StefanB(0)
MagnaofIllusion(0)

Not Voting: Nobody
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

...and here we are.

I mean, I don't know how much more of a case I can make against sleepy and LLD.

LLD hides behind snarky, witty, but brief posts punctuated by player quotes that are sometimes (and sometimes not) relevant.

Sleepy just continually berates everyone with "WHY???!? I'M ASKING QUESTIONS TO LOOK TOWN!" but his questions are really not even scumhunting questions.

So, there's your wall of text. Hopefully this awards me with some pro-town points, even though I haven't exhibited any anti-town behavior. Maybe someone should ask LLD or Sleepy to give an in-depth analysis of why they are voting for malpasc. Because they've both been able to hide behind flimsy(or non-existent) arguments for their votes the whole game.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (isolation #35) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:21 am

Post by verydark »

I've noticed this trend in the few games I've played so far, and it really fucking irks me.

It seems that, generally speaking, no one cares if it's a mislynch D1. But from the games I've reviewed (not played) you can usually credit town losses to a derailment beginning with the first lynch.

I'd rather get the D1 lynch correct, and if that means letting D1 play out until the minute before deadline, I'm totally on board with that.

Who knows, had VE been scum, maybe he would have had a huge scum slip, or, maybe if we let it pan out the additional several days, the REAL scum would have surfaced.

I pleaded for everyone to calm down and wait it out, but after VE fake replaced- no one wanted him in the game anymore, totally losing sight of the fact we still had several more days left till deadline, and a majority of players had JUST replaced in or had posted very little. As a result, I didn't have any time to scumhunt.

And honestly, if I was greeted by a replacement (LLD) who simply said "What is this shit?" and then proceeded to vote for me, I would react pretty boldly as well.

Again with the applying "scum tells" to any and all behavior. As for "screaming to the rafters" about VE, it had nothing to do with VE, or his play style. I saw that a lynch was being rushed, many of the players on the wagon didn't even explain WHY they were voting him. This is opportunistic. We mislynched.

If your one reason for eyeing me as scum is because I was so adamant about not lynching VE, you're severely misguided. I was adamant about not lynching ANYONE at that point.

Carry on though, I have nothing to hide, and am not scared to be lynched, because the harm won't be to me, but to you. (PLEASE, attribute this as some sort of scum-tell, I can't wait to hear it).
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #36) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:56 am

Post by verydark »

1. So if the wagon on Viscera ‘formed during RVS’ how do you account for the fact that Sleepy and LLD were the second and third on the wagon? Especially in light of your narrative above which looks to cast both as Non-RVS votes.

IH cast RVS vote on VE. Generic name cast his vote which he never explained before he replaced out (so we'll call that an RVS vote), Sleepy left the vote the same, without explanation until LLD votes, then he claims sheeping, so we'll call that an RVS vote, and then Lady cast her vote and began her tirade against VE. So at best, Lady was the first non RVS vote.

2. Also, did you expect players who replace in to not act on their reads and move their votes?

No, but Sleepy NEVER once explained why his vote remained other than he was sheeping. He didn't even really begin posting until after the lynch, other than a post asking me to vote for VE. This to me seems more opportunistic than deliberate.

3. So you think that LLD and Sleepy are scum-parnters working in tandem so blatantly together by synchronizing their votes?

Wouldn't be the first time. And the fact that LLD is vocal about her distaste for sleepy, makes it seem even more staged.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (isolation #37) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:30 am

Post by verydark »

DCJ hammered. He could have gave VE time to be prodded and see if he was even going to try, but the truth is that everyone seemingly unanimously agreed that the game would be better off without VE. This is why DCJ was scummy to me. He basically was like "I'll wait till the end of the day" then hammered 2 hours later.

And yes, Sleepy and LLD were the scummiest votes on VE, and continue to act scummy.

I've never, with any success, been able to peg 2 scum buddies this early in the game, but my gut is usually somewhat correct, so if they aren't scum buddies, I can guarantee you that at least ONE of them is scum. But seeing as how the wagon is going a totally different direction than them, I guess we will see D3.

...and I do think I will change my vote, hopefully LLD will have a little more backing for a lynch.

UNVOTE: SleepyKrew
VOTE: Lady Lambdadelta
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (isolation #38) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:39 am

Post by verydark »

????

I don't know. He has 11 posts total, of which I am unable to garner any concrete information. Hell, I don't even know who he's eyeing as scum, or what his motives are. He doesn't like LLD, and is only voting seraphim because he's the other wagon.

He's null for me, but if it comes down to a no lynch, and for some reason I would be the hammer to prevent it, I would vote for him based on his lack of contribution. Not a reason I would like to have to lynch...but desperate times...
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (isolation #39) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:56 am

Post by verydark »

But the difference is, that if someone hammers out of necessity (potentially me) it's not scummy if the hammered flips town.

Unlike DCJ, who hammered when there were MANY days left in D1, and did it just to advance the game.

I personally wouldn't hold someone responsible who hammered out of necessity, so if you're indicating that by hammering, I would be acting "scummy" then you really would have a very weak case, but if you're trying to make some sort of point...I would love to hear it. Because that comment leads me to believe you're "hinting" at something.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:00 am

Post by verydark »

But what would be scummier, hammering at deadline or not hammering at all?
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #41) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:38 am

Post by verydark »

So basically it's "damned if you do, damned if you don't"

I find that a lot of people's "strategies" are really of the same vein. Known "scum-tells" are also kind of a joke.

I guess I'm still learning that it's the sum of all these things that makes someone legitimately scummy. I am repeatedly hit with these accusations of scum behavior, when honestly, I'm just playing as best I can in the free time I have.

Each game I can see what works and doesn't work. My last game I "tunneled" someone hardcore through D3, and when he was finally on the chopping block, wouldn't you know it, he was town. Needless to say, I've adjusted my game play to not tunnel as much.

I do want to be a good player, and I appreciate any honest and friendly feedback.

That said, I still am uncomfortable with a lynch on Seraphim or Malpasc, as there is so little data to work off of. I don't really subscribe to the "lynch all lurkers" mentality, because as someone who plays mafia recreationally, I know how easy it is to fall off the radar at times.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #42) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:01 am

Post by verydark »

Oh cool, sarcasm.

I'll just sit idly by and wait until you get your way with lynching a lurking/inactive player, or am lynched myself. Either way, it's not going to be good for the town, most likely.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #43) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:05 am

Post by verydark »

Really? Because I've been able to get soooooo much information from their combined 25 posts.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #44) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:06 am

Post by verydark »

:up:
that
was sarcasm.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (isolation #45) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:14 am

Post by verydark »

So i've reread mal in ISO 4 times today, it doesn't take long, and I really don't see any definitive anti-town play. Please, if I'm missing something, point it out.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (isolation #46) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:45 am

Post by verydark »

...and if he doesn't?
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #47) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:57 am

Post by verydark »

Will
NO ONE ELSE
support a LLD or Sleepy lynch? I really think LLD is the best lynch today.

If she flips town, I
welcome
you to lynch me tomorrow.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (isolation #48) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:58 am

Post by verydark »

...nevermind.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (isolation #49) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:59 am

Post by verydark »

Mal, I really suggest you start posting more in 321 than you did here, or you are about to succumb to a similar fate there as well.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (isolation #50) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:03 am

Post by verydark »

How is that an ongoing game alert? I didn't say anything specific, and I could have easily used his lack of posting in 321, but posting here as a scum tell in this game, or vice-versa. Jesus,
keep
trying to throw me under the bus.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (isolation #51) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:07 am

Post by verydark »

I think the argument is relative, seeing as how he was just lynched for inactivity in this game. I don't need you looking out for me, the mod can decide if that was an appropriate comment or not.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #52) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:12 am

Post by verydark »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

THIS REACTION identifies EXACTLY why VeryDark is scum.

If I had the time, I would make a post listing off how many scum tells you are accusing me of. I could write a book.

I wish I could see everyone's face when you flip scum.

StefanB wrote:If you want to make a case against LLD now, make it fast, verydark.

I couldn't make a case if I tried, everyone is seemingly content with letting her lead the game.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #53) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:14 am

Post by verydark »

Does anyone else notice how excitable and giddy sleepy and LLD get when there's a lynch?

Yeah. That's probably because they know they're winning.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (isolation #54) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:19 am

Post by verydark »

I want to see arguments for why LLD and Sleepy switched their votes to mal, when I was clearly their "Top Scum Pick".

You could have easily had me lynched, but instead of making the effort to do so, you just simply jumped on mal's wagon.

I want to see how he is more "scummy" than me, with his whopping 13 posts, and how you arrived at the conclusion that he was a "better" lynch today.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (isolation #55) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:22 am

Post by verydark »

I only explode when I don't agree with the reasoning behind the lynch, first VE, not mal.

I had neither of them pegged as scum, and, from what I've read, there aren't any solid arguments to lynching mal.

I WANT QUOTES AND ANALYSIS OF WHAT MADE MAL SCUMMY.

The rest of the town should as well, to discredit this as an opportunistic lynch- which to me, is exactly what this is.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (isolation #56) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:24 am

Post by verydark »

SleepyKrew wrote: I HOPE YOU GET NKED IF YOURE TOWN

Wow, you can't get much more anti-town than this.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #57) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:27 am

Post by verydark »

SleepyKrew wrote:Would you rather we waste a lynch on you?

I see this as a
MAJOR
scum slip, it wouldn't be a wasted lynch since you're SO CONVINCED I'M SCUM.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (isolation #58) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:53 am

Post by verydark »

Still anti-town sentiment.

I digress, we shall see what happens after the flip. I'm sure that, regardless, LLD and yourself will be voting the same tomorrow as well.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (isolation #59) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:59 am

Post by verydark »

You haven't even claimed Stefan...

I'm a VT

Which means there are NO more VT's, if Magua is telling the truth.

I wish I would have pushed harder for Lady, because I'm pretty sure she's scum now.

I don't necessarily believe Sleepy's claim, a few more people need to claim, and that's a PR worth actually not claiming...just yet.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (isolation #60) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:49 am

Post by verydark »

I think the scum team is still Sleepy and LLD. I haven't figured out the third.

VOTE: SleepyKrew

...and I called it that Sleepy was fake claiming before the rolecop CC'd.

Everyone just needs to ignore LLD, as she is wildly misdirecting this entire game.

I'm totally town. Don't be deceived.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (isolation #61) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:51 am

Post by verydark »

lol

...that's you drowning, not laughing out loud...
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #62) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:52 am

Post by verydark »

...no. That's a vagina.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (isolation #63) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:37 am

Post by verydark »

Nice. My reads were all totally wrong.

Still learning.

Twas a fun game though! Congrats to the Mafia.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)

Return to “Completed Open Games”