[Mini 1208] Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery (Over)

Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Post by Seacore »

/confirmatron
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:53 am

Post by Seacore »

I'm horde too. I was excited at first because, being an old alliance player, horde=scum, and then I actually read my PM, and then the game rules, and then some of deadmines.

I don't think Parama is town because he has a Day Vig ability, (see Storm of Swords mafia for what I think of that kind of proof).
However I do think Parama is town by how he used it. If what he says about RBT is true, scum-parama would have wanted that future mislynch in the game.

That's all I've got so far, I'm about to go into a job interview to try and win the job I currently have, so you'll excuse me if I'm slightly focussed elsewhere.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by Seacore »

Kiwi, despite real conversations going on about motivations, you choose to do noting but post a theory that
was never meant to be taken seriously

Really? Who are you trying to distract from? Fate, Reck or Val. I'm leaning Val given that it happened right after a surge of votes.

I think the Fate/Reck conversation is just noise that I'd expect from Fate/Other aggressive players. I'm not familiar with Reck, never played with him before.
I'm waiting to hear about his faction thing, but am content to wait until the last three claim. It's amusing me, when he posted his list of Alliance and horde I AGAIN read horde as scum and was about to type "What the hell is the case on me?" then I remembered again. I blame the stressful day, but hey, the interview is over, I hope I get to keep my job.

I'll read up again and post some thoughts on different players.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Seacore »

Reck = sexy, understood.

Vote: Kiwieagle
, he also claimed VT with no pressure, do not like that, easy way to set up why he'll never get NK'd.

And if/when he flips scum, I'm coming after Val.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by Seacore »

kiwieagle wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:ACTUALLY don't race claim in case scum can use that to their advantage

Horde is Orc/Goblin/Troll/Undead(Forsaken)/Tauren/Blood Elf

Alliance is Human/Night Elf/Dranei/Dwarf/Gnome/Worgen

PREDIT: yeah just say faction

Then your lying to us or what?

I understand you're confusion Kiwi, we've been given role PMs that state our Race and Class. Making it clear that we're actual toons inside WoW.

You've been given a Role PM like this one:

Deadmines Scum Role PM wrote:
Players
: xRECKONERx, smargaret, Enigma

Races
: Various
Class
: Defias Saboteur

Abilities

• Chaos in the Foundry
    – As long as three of you are alive, you may secretly move any player’s vote to the voted player of your choice one time each Day.
  • Mr. Smite’s Improvisation
    – As long as two of you are alive, one of the Saboteurs may roleblock one player’s Night actions.
  • Lapdogs, all of you!
    – As long as one of you is alive, one of the Saboteurs may kill one player at Night and force them to ragequit.
  • Patrol!
    – As long as one of you is alive, you may use the provided QuickTopic to talk at ANY time. http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/FACjCCatwSVJj
  • Red Wool Bandanas
    – you have disguised yourself in the ranks of this group and know the following:
    • There are no Dwarves in this group.
      Dwarves can be Warriors, Shaman, Hunters, Rogues, Priests, Mages, Paladins, and Warlocks.

• There are no Rogues in this group.
      Rogues can be played by Orcs, Trolls, Undead, Goblins, Blood Elves, Dwarves, Humans, Gnomes, Night Elves, and Worgen.

• There are both Alliance and Horde in the group, though there are more Alliance.

• Fake Claim, Please!
    – Send me a Race/Class combination and I’ll send you some possible Abilities and Actions that Race/Class combo might have in this game.

Win Condition
: You win when it is no longer possible for the group to hold a majority over you, the Defias Saboteurs.

This Rolepm doesn't make it clear what you are, so you're getting confused. It doesn't have a race, and you can't very well claim the class it says.

That's okay, it's a confusing game when you're scum and don't know the source material.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Seacore »

This is exactly my point Kiwi.
But let me explain it slowly.

You are scum, meaning you won't be NK'd (unless there is an SK or a Vig)
You are hoping to survive the whole game.
So you are claiming VT now, so that when you are alive late game, you can explain why you've survived by saying "well the scum wouldn't bother killing a VT" when in fact the reason you are alive is because scum wouldn't kill their own scum buddy.

Also, your defence above reads like "I can't believe I got caught already!" not "your case is crap"
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Seacore »

Also Also, what is the deal with all this talk about Post Restrictions?

Two unfounded comments about PRs, the first about Fate, the 2nd about Para. Please explain?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by Seacore »

Care to share your thoughts Reck? I don't buy the "I'm so confused I must be town" defence.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Seacore »

Points against Kiwi

1. Early VT claim under no pressure
2. Random comment about Fate having a PR
3. Another comment about Para having a PR -> possibly a distraction for the rapid Val wagon
4. "getting confused" about the set up.
5. guilty defence of my initial case.

So far he's answered none of it satisfactorily. Apparently he didn't mean to post the Fate PR. The Para PR comment wasn't serious (which doesn't stop it from being a distraction).
Also, he claimed alliance, then he started to realise that Reck's power may uncover him, so he's trying to muddy the waters, through feigned confusion about what it means to be alliance or horde.

Heh, I know I'm reaching slightly with some of the above, but stack it all together and it gives me a stronger scum read than I've had D1 for a while.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by Seacore »

kiwieagle wrote:I dont buy the "lets misrep kiwi" attack.

Lol, so now I'm not just wrong? I'm faking it because I'm scum?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Seacore »

Val, I don't find you scummy.

I find kiwi scummy for the multiple reasons I've detailed.

However, if kiwi is indeed scum, then suddenly his distraction defence of you makes you look bad.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Seacore »

If you're town then any connection case to Val no longer applies.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by Seacore »

Sigh
1. Yes, and I've explained why.
2. Not on it's own, but you've still not explained why you said it and that is odd
3. Yes, and I've explained why
4. You are stating that you now understand which faction Scarlet Crusaders will show up as?
5. I've explained why, your immediate reaction to my first case stank of "how did I get caught already?"

PEDIT:

If you are town I continue scum hunting just like I would if you flipped scum.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Seacore »

Premature VT claims are definitely scummy. There's no town motivation for doing them.

And he didn't say Fate has a PR because he's only been talking about Reck. He said Fate has a PR and then didn't explain it.

He didn't say Para has a PR because he's only been talking about RBT he said that Para had a PR because all of the RBT-Hate was "formatted" in the same way. And then didn't explain that except to say it wasn't serious. So this is what happened.
You posted.
People reacted to your post and declared you scummy for it
2 votes landed on you.
Almost straight after that, kiwi posts a PR comment.
Reck dismisses it as stupid
Kiwi defends it
Kiwi then says it wasn't serious.

So what was the purpose of the defence and then dismissal of his own theory? I put forward that the purpose was to move the spotlight.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Seacore »

Lol. Come back tomorrow Reck, I'll try to find the third scum before then.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Seacore »

kiwieagle wrote:

When did I say Fate had a post restriction?

QUOTE IT.

kiwieagle wrote:VOTE: Fate

Its fun to see a Post Restricted Fate.
And I have never played with him, but still he has the most posts in MF

If you aren't saying that he's post restricted then what the hell are you saying?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Seacore »

Also also, what the hell

In #166 you are denying that you ever said Fate has a post restriction

In #168 you are saying that you explained why you said Fate has a post restriction

What? How can you have explained something you never did?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by Seacore »

Finally lets approach my case again

1. Early VT claim is scummy because it's an attempt to look harmless and a set up to explain away the fact that you haven't been NK'd. Please explain the town reason for declaring you are a VT and thereby helping the scum narrow down on hitting town that have PRs.

2. You declared that it is fun to see a post restricted fate. If I came home and said to my wife "Iceskating on a lunch break is fun" and she said "Really? Did you go ice skating on your lunchbreak?" and then I replied "no, I never said I did, I just just said it was fun". Then I am being a dick who was intentionally trying to mislead her with my original statement. She is fully entitled to think I went ice skating based on my original statement.
This is what you did. I would like to know why you did it, you have not explained why you did it.

3. You then declared, even more forthrightly, that Para had a PR. When Reck dismissed that as a stupid idea you then defended it. Later you pretended that the whole thing was not a serious comment. Why? Why did you defend it if it wasn't serious? Why did you say it wasn't serious if it was worth defending? I also find the timing of it suspicious. You seemed to all but admit that yourself in your first reply to my case when you said "It makes sense, but too much WIFOM" So my explanation then was fine, but since then when I've explained it even more clearly, it's now a bad explanation... interesting.

4. Your "confusion" over factions. I wasn't putting words in your mouth, I was giving you another option. Please clarify. Are you : a) Confused about what alliance and horde means? or b) Now understanding what alliance and horde means? If it is a) I'm saying that your confusion that you exhibited is an attempt to shirk responsibility for what's going on. If it's b) why were you pretending to be confused earlier?

5. This was your first comment after my case on you

kiwieagle wrote:
this gave you enough confidence for both my lynch and Vals?

This is not "your case is weak" this is not "I'm not scum, because...." this is "holy crap, I'm busted"
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by Seacore »

I'm considering following you on this wagon Fate. I don't know Reck's play, but I know yours and I'm leaning towards following you. But I still find Kiwi scum. There's no town motivation for any of the shit that he's doing, he's pinging my scumdar like no D1 player ever has.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by Seacore »

Unvote. Vote Reck

Fine, Fate. I'm willing to go with you on this. I still think Kiwi is bad scum flailing. But you regularly out scum hunt me. If Reck's claim is decent I might jump back.

PEDIT
Kiwi, really? Stop posting. Just pick another player and sheep their vote. Reck town does not make Fate any more scummy than he is right now. If Reck's scum it doesn't clear Fate at all.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by Seacore »

Kiwi

You are hereby banned from the following

1. Saying that you "don't like" things
2. Saying anything in thread that doesn't involve this game
3. Talking about players without saying whether you find them scummy or towny.

"I don't like" is the same as "that's interesting" "this gives me information" it's a way to look like you're forming cases but aren't

Is Parama scummy for the quick kill. Yes or no, with reasons.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by Seacore »

kiwieagle wrote:

if Reck's town I would be suspicious of Fate, because he tried so hard to push that lynch as if tho reck was modconfirmed scum.

Fate has not claimed a Day Cop, which is the only way Town fate would have a mod confirmed scum read of Reck.

Therefore regardless of the flip, you should be judging Fate by the case, not by the result.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by Seacore »

smargaret wrote:

Fate, can you give a read on someone without referencing Reck? What's your stance on Kiwi/Seacore; you've been awfully quiet there?

Really?

I don't normally like to answer other people's questions, but really? Fate's been quite clear of what he thinks of my case and of our two alignments.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by Seacore »

kiwieagle wrote:Also:

Seacore why are you misrepping everything I say?

Is it a hobby of yours?

IT WAS A WAY TO SAY:

WOW FATE IS SO CONFIDENT HES CAUGHT SCUM
IM NOT SAYING HES A DAY COP

Well you didn't say that.
What you said was "

Fate is really confident of his case on Reck, so confident it must be mod confirmed. So if it turns out that Reck is not town, Fate is more likely to be scum for being that confident and being wrong.

My counter argument is "the only way for Reck's alignment to be mod confirmed to a town-Fate is if Fate is a Day Cop." Since that is obviously not the case, then Fate clearly doesn't have Reck as mod confirmed scum. Therefore you cannot base your evaluation on Fate's alignment on the outcome of the case but you should be basing it on the case itself.

Actually, forget this, I'm not wasting my breathe on you any more. I apologise, I do not mean to be rude, but you do not have the basics of mafia understood and you don't appear open to understanding it.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #24) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by Seacore »

Yeah, I'm steadily agreeing with you Fate. I will still listen for us claim though, just as you will despite your CAPS and claims to the contrary. Players have yet to even post so we can be patient, but I'm agreeing with you.

PEDIT
Okay, so lets examine what you've said.

Fate is pushing that wagon real hard he must be really confident he's caught scum.

Do you agree that that is what you're trying to say? For fear of 'misrepping' you, I will wait until I continue.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #25) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Seacore »

Kiwi, just say "I find X scummy because" it saves time and confusion.

So you find Parama scummy for the early shot?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #26) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by Seacore »

Okay Kiwi, so assuming this is true

"Fate is pushing that wagon real hard he must be really confident he's caught scum."

Then why does the out come make any difference.
Fate is either wrong or right. That shouldn't change his alignment.

You are asserting that a Reck-town flip will make you more suspicious of Fate. Why? Town-Fate doesn't know the alignment of Reck, he has just deduced it, but he could be wrong. That doesn't stop him from being town.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (isolation #27) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by Seacore »

Yeah, well I've voted Reck, and now I'm just waiting, in the meantime I thought I'd try a little ICing. It's partly to help and partly because part of me is still not letting go of him being scum (it wasn't that long ago that I was SO SURE!).
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #28) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by Seacore »

Sorry Fate, what claim of mine? Only kiwi has claimed.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (isolation #29) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by Seacore »

smargaret, just a small aside. Have we ever played together? I thought we had and went looking through my old games and couldn't find you anywhere.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:43 am

Post by Seacore »

This just in people:

Opportunism = Seeing some scummy behaviour and building a case on it.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #31) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:29 am

Post by Seacore »

So it does
"A" on alliance
"B" on horde
and
"C" on scum

why bother asking us to claim factions?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #32) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:50 am

Post by Seacore »

Mod, you missed Hindu's vote, he's voting me.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #33) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:00 am

Post by Seacore »

Yep, but not both. So either scum who have claimed horde are safe or scum who have claimed alliance. Is it Day or Night? I'm assuming Night.

By the way, /w is the whisper command, allowing a player to privately talk with another player.

As in
/w Fate I think I kinda believe Reck's claim
And Fate would get the message "Seacore whispers I think I kinda believe Reck's claim.

What's odd about this ability is a game command. Which is unlike all the abilities from Deadmines. All those abilities were class abilities. Power Word shield for example. /w, while it makes sense, is just a command not an ability. I think that makes me believe it more though.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #34) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:03 am

Post by Seacore »

It also doesn't exactly seem like a scum ability. I mean, scum are AI, they're hardly going to be typing whisper commands.

Does anybody know if Reck has actually played WoW? Because /w is a very common command, so anybody who plays it should immediately recognise the ability. Anyway, midnight here, I'm going to bed.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #35) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:08 am

Post by Seacore »

xRECKONERx wrote:Oh shit, I thought the whisper command was /r. My bad.

PREDIT: Yes, I've played WoW, but it has been months. And I always typed out "/whisper", never just "/w".

How are these things the same?

You didn't know what /w did, you thought it was /r but you've typed /whisper.

That's odd and it's making me rethink my reread. Which is more reason to go to bed, which I am!

Also welcome Elli.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #36) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Seacore »

For the record I left my vote on Reck because I don't like to unvote without replacing it (unless I'm worried about a hammer). I was too tired to have a big think on it.

Fate does have some points that I'm still agreeing with, so I'm not quite willing to let Reck slide yet. I am however very interested in this Brian case that is developing.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #37) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Seacore »

Largely his confidence in his ability to read Reck, but as for individual points I'll go with the lack of scum hunting and the fact that Reck "proving himself town by being too busy to NK" is a shallow gambit. I mean, we don't even know if scum can do multiple actions in a night, I've certainly played in games where they can.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (isolation #38) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Seacore »

Reck, no need to repeat a question that I haven't answered in a giant 4 mins.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (isolation #39) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Seacore »

If somebody can confirm #1 I'll switch to Brian immediately.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #40) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Seacore »

Probably naivety to be honest. I dunno, what he's saying feels true, and your defence of it hasn't seemed true. I guess it's a gut read of a gut read?

PEDIT: So your example of Fate not catching you as scum is that it's happened once, which could easily be argued has taught him how to read you better?

How's this, I'll join the Brian lynch today. You do your power tonight, and I'll reassess later.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #41) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Seacore »

Oops, forgot to actually do this

Unvote. Vote Brian
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (isolation #42) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Seacore »

I think I've caught scum.

BrianMcQueso wrote:

The flavor of your claim ("/w") doesn't fit the flavor of
other powers
in the game. The claim itself seems so weak that it's hard to believe. And you're not playing to the investigative style you're claiming. Even if, on your best day, you're a one-shot cop, cops don't claim for no reason D1.

Brian, how do you know what multiple other powers in this game look like?

Got a list of abilities on your scum PM do you?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (isolation #43) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Seacore »

That being said, I've actually got a feeling that Brian might be scum with Reck. His case on Reck feels half bus and half frustration at Reck not fake claiming well.

1) Brian brought up his disbelief on the "command" over "ability" claim after mine but didn't reference or 'agree' with me. As if he was trying to score points for himself.
2) His paragraph on "what I would have done with your claim" feels like frustrated buddy.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (isolation #44) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by Seacore »

So no comment on my #384, Reck? That has nothing to do with him being a supposed buddy of you, yet you don't comment on it.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #45) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Seacore »

@Brian

Actually, it's not as many IFs as you suggest. Judging by Deadmines, the scum get multiple abilities. You referred to "In the game" not, In last game or anything like that. So it sounded present tense. So there's really only 1 IF here. IF you slipped. And I'm willing to allow that you did.

@Starbuck
1, I'm not rolefishing. He said "powers" plural. I doubt any town has more than one ability, so I don't see how I can be accused of rolefishing. I think/thought it was a scum slip based on the fact that Brian-scum got a list of multiple powers.

However, I'm willing to step back from that, I didn't count the sample PM, I'm used to sample PMs that are just VT, so fine. I'm willing to drop it.

On your other comment, of me not being able to get a wagon on Kiwi. I stated my case on Kiwi very clearly. Nobody agreed. Fate argued that I was seeing tells of a bad player rather than a scummy player. Since nobody seemed to agree that I had found scum in Kiwi I moved my vote. I'm still personally not convinced that he's not scum.

Finally, I'd be willing to vote Reck right now if I could be assured that it wouldn't be the hammer. Reck has a decent reputation and I doubt he'd go against PTW enough to self hammer as either alignment.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (isolation #46) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by Seacore »

Wut?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (isolation #47) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by Seacore »

But why would you be willing to hammer, but not place the vote for L-1?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #48) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Seacore »

Unvote. Vote Reck

Either Parama hammered, or this won't.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (isolation #49) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Seacore »

Um, I was voting for Brian prior to my recent vote.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #50) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Seacore »

Kiwi, you get that actions taken AFTER a vote count aren't reflected in that vote count, right?

Anyway, I just did a count, and Reck isn't lynched yet, I believe he's at L-1 now.

I think it's

xRECKONERx (6) - Fate, Friend, smargaret, Brian, Seacore, Parama
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #51) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Seacore »

Kiwi, you based your thoughts on where my vote was on an old vote count. That was what my comment was in regards to.

Parama, do you think he'll come back?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (isolation #52) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by Seacore »

Fate, at first I was just assuming your usual exaggeration with the 'mod confirmed' business. But are you genuinely claiming that?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (isolation #53) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Seacore »

Yay. Now I'll storm off in a huff and people can move their votes to somebody else!
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (isolation #54) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Seacore »

Can somebody please make a case on me if you're going to vote? I've seen a few questions and I've answered them.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #55) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by Seacore »

Okay...

So give me a case so I can refute it.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (isolation #56) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Seacore »

Whatever the case, we now have two players claiming a player command PR instead of a character ability PR. One of them has got to be lying. And I know where my money is.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (isolation #57) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Seacore »

Oh, look who's finally coming to the kiwiscum party. The mini-sausage rolls are cold, but there is still cake.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #58) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Seacore »

These are some fantastic contributions Parama.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (isolation #59) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Seacore »

woohoo! All aboard the kiwiscum train.
I demand as much credit for this as Fate, given I saw it first.

Vote Kiwi
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (isolation #60) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Seacore »

To me it was just a little too much of "oh I'm ever so confused by this game". I still buy him as newbscum, I just think he's newbscum with help. Last game at daytalking scum.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (isolation #61) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by Seacore »

Also Val is likely the third scum in this trio. It was when Val first got pressure that Kiwi started flapping his little flightless wings so frantically.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (isolation #62) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Seacore »

Understood that's how you feel about the gambit, any comment on the new Kiwi wagon of win?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (isolation #63) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by Seacore »

Yeah, comparing this game to Deadmines, if both Val and Reck are telling the truth, we may have lots of weaker roles rather than 3 strong roles.

That being said, there seem to be lots of "unlikely" things happening. No NK + Reck either hitting scum with his ability or hitting the one person that it won't work on. Unless Val was the NK target as well... but why would he be? I dunno, my gut reaction is to not believe Val, or at least not believe Val enough to stay the lynch. I just get suspicious when I see a lot of unlikely things happen in one go.

In other news, my bad on Kiwi. I was so sure that I was on to a winner there! That being said, I'm not totally unhappy about kiwi not being in end game. Val's lolcase on me makes him look guiltier in my eyes, but that's probably a little OMGUS creeping in. I'll wait until Elli has done his thing, not sure quite what he's doing but I'll refrain from commenting for now.

I've got a busy weekend ahead of me but I'll have a look over D1. I do have a small idea, and that is that maybe Fate and smargaret are scum together.
Fate was big on lynching Reck and then switched to lynch kiwi (which I was cheering about at the time) but then he jumped on smargaret about her vote on Reck. That to me seems a decent distancing action "How dare you! You are totally scum for that, trying to protect your scumbuddy Kiwi (who I know won't flip scum). ... Oh kiwi was town? Well my case on smargaret goes away..."

Meanwhile, Brian raises the "Fate and Reck and both town" argument
Reck replies that he disagrees
Smargaret then posts "One of Reck and Val must be scum" In a way continuing the discussion but swapping Fate out of the spotlight.

Anyway, that's it for me.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (isolation #64) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:17 am

Post by Seacore »

Rather than Fate give a reason for why I'm town, how about I hear at least one reason why I'm scum.

Val, I like to approach cases from all directions, so my comments on you were trying to address all possibilities, not the simultaneous you were scum + scum targeted you with the NK. I mean if you're scum you're probably lying about your hider ability, so why would I think both were true? That feels like a flail. Hey look people are mentioning seacore, so I'll jump to him.

I'll wait for Ellie to enlighten us about Val's answer to his question, but I'm leaning towards voting Val at this point.

Nobody wants to comment on my Fate/Smargaret theory? Not even to dismiss it?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (isolation #65) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:25 am

Post by Seacore »

Voting me since day 1.
Are you referring to placing a vote and then lurking for the rest of the day? Because that felt like a really passionate case you had on me there, filled with evidence and reasoning.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (isolation #66) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Seacore »

Wouldn't a massclaim screw up whatever stopped last night's kill?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (isolation #67) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by Seacore »

Deadmines dissapeared, but were there flips last game?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (isolation #68) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by Seacore »

Ah, I totally missed the subforum.

That's interesting. The mod is doing well at stopping us from out guessing him...

I think I'm against a massclaim and pro-lynching Val. I don't have any experience with hiders, is it worth Val declaring who he's hiding behind each night making him a kind of suicidal cop? Or does that help scum too much?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (isolation #69) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by Seacore »

^^ makes me feel more confident about my Fate/smargaret scum buddy theory.

"Despite the fact that 5 other people (excluding Kiwi) voted for Kiwi yesterday, I'm going to point the finger at Seacore for the mislynch.
Oh and I quietly am suspicious of Fate, so we certainly couldn't be buddies, on no."

Vote Smargaret

I'm cool with discussing a massclaim tomorrow with more discussion on whether to lynch Val. Another night of claimed hiding might help clear it up, or make it moot.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (isolation #70) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Seacore »

I have no ability to read you, Fate. You look the same ranting aggressive player to me no matter what. I'm also paranoid about people I just assume to be town, and I found myself doing that with you Day 1. So I'm trying to read you based on other people and you've got to admit, Smargaret's dealings with you make you look not so good.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (isolation #71) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by Seacore »

I have no problem with Parama lying about vig kills still in the bag. And I was just typing "no way scum use their extra NK to kill one of their own, Parama is town" when I realised that Val was almost certainly going to die today. In fact, when I logged in I was reading backwards and saw votes for things other than Val and I was thinking "what the hell?" Then I realised that was dealt with, but the point is that Val was today's lynch, so scum lose nothing by killing him.
The other problem I have is that compared to the other PRs we've seen, triple kill is huge. But flip that counter, I guess giving scum awesome killing powers when there's crap all in the town PR bucket, that doesn't make sense either. So I dunno. Either way we should try and steer this last kill so that it's more of a town kill even if he is scum. But he's probably not. Ugh I need to do some reading, I keep being wrong.

In other news, my wife is 40 weeks pregnant, so I've got a tentative V/LA that could start any moment (and please let it be soon!).
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (isolation #72) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:37 am

Post by Seacore »

So we're doing a massclaim, yes? Sorry, it's a bit hectic here at the moment. I'll go next, but I just want confirmation that we're doing this. I thought we were only going to do it to nail down Val.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (isolation #73) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Seacore »

Claim: Undead Warlock. Voyeur described as Eye of Kilrogg

It's also the Voyeur variant that doesn't tell me what they were targeted by, just that they were targeted.

Both the triple vig and the JK seem massively over powered in comparison to the other abilities we've seen so far.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (isolation #74) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Seacore »

Oh and, um, Fate goes next.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (isolation #75) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by Seacore »

I'd rather not claim my results at all actually. There's nothing that's immediately helpful and I can potentially catch people out in the long run.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (isolation #76) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Seacore »

If somebody later claims to have targeted somebody that I've targeted, then I'll know they were lying.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (isolation #77) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Seacore »

Okay, cool.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (isolation #78) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Seacore »

Peopel who have previously claimed should full claim their race and class too.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (isolation #79) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Seacore »

In other news, I targeted Starbuck N1 and Elli N2.

Both were targeted.

If anybody knows what to do with that information, I'm all ears.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (isolation #80) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Seacore »

Yay, Fate and Reck are fighting again. I don't know how to read them, so I'm going to hope somebody does that for me and do some other reading.

Two people voted for Val very early in the game. Friend and Brian. Both voted with very little reason, IMO. Friend's vote looks worse in comparison. To me this could be read as two things, both of them scummy. 1) is "oh no, he's been pinged, better get on this bus early" or 2) "This'll easily fall apart, so I'll throw in a distancing vote now and move on later"

Either way,
Vote Friend
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (isolation #81) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by Seacore »

Oh, then look at that, Friend says nothing for over 100 posts and then switches to Reck the moment the 1v1 is offered.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (isolation #82) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Seacore »

So Reck, Friend, Val scum team?

Actually, I can totally see that. Val's post that Friend had a problem with was a vote on Reck.

Okay... yep.
Unvote Friend, Vote Reck
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (isolation #83) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:47 pm

Post by Seacore »

Hi guys. I'm very very recently a dad after many many hours of (for me, observed) labour. I'm a bit frazzled at the moment, so give me 24 hours and I'll get back up to speed.
My gut reaction is to not go with the Fate 1v1. But that's without any real thought, or any sleep in a long time.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (isolation #84) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:02 am

Post by Seacore »

I've had a re-read and I'm not really sure where to go, however I'm definitely not going to vote Fate. This 1v1 bullshit gains us nothing.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (isolation #85) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Seacore »

Hang on, sorry. I voyeured Brian last night. I didn't think it through too strongly I now realise, but am I the reason the protect didn't work? Or should I have just stopped the role block?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (isolation #86) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Seacore »

Vote Starbuck.

Basically, we're in Lylo right now.

From Starbuck has stated she's willing to think that Fate is town (which I think he is)

Which means that if she and fate are both town, she's opened up a lylo quick hammer. It's been sitting there for over a day now and nobody has taken it. She also hasn't removed her vote out of fear of it.

So basically, the evidence says that it's either starbuck or fate.

It's starbuck.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (isolation #87) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Seacore »

How isn't it lylo, there's 6 of us left. We've only found 1 scum. Therefore I'm assuming it's 4v2.

And sorry, I thought my results would be obvious. Somebody visited Brian. Apparently multiple people did judging by the claims we've got.

And I've already claimed the other days.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (isolation #88) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Seacore »

Oh, sorry, you're right, it's mylo.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (isolation #89) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Seacore »

No, not even a number

It's a pure True or False. Or in this case "was targeted" "was not targeted"

It's crap, which is why I both doubted our stronger PRs and haven't put too much thought into using it.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (isolation #90) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Seacore »

That is why I think she's scum.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (isolation #91) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Seacore »

In fact, everybody has posted multiple times since your self vote.

And most people's posts have overlapped with each other. I think the only possibility that allows Starbuck as town has Parama and Friend as scum (since the two of them haven't overlapped with their posts so they could be trying to get on at the same time to quick hammer) but I don't see that as likely.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (isolation #92) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by Seacore »

Woohoo!

This is just what I needed before I take a little time away from Mafia scum. This was my first game as scum.

I know a few people had me pegged as scum early on, but with Fate in the game, my tactic was to ride him to victory. Fate has been in several games with me, and knows I've gotten sick of always being town. I often get run up as a mislynch or as an almost mislynch early in every game I play (something I need to obviously work on as town) and Fate has seen that several times. In a few recent games he's been able to pick me as town quite quickly, so I went over those and saw what I had done to convince him and then replicated that as best I could.
I knew my "ooh! I'm horde, that must mean I'm scum, oh no it doesn't" comment would start it off. I also made sure to be frustrating to him so it wasn't pure buddying.
I'd like to think I would have played this differently if Fate hadn't been in.
I was worried when we didn't manage a kill on N1. If we had targeted Parama or Reck we might have had a faster victory, but maybe not.

Also, the reason why we didn't quick hammer Fate wasn't that I was away a lot with the baby, it was because i was paranoid that Parama was lying about how many kills he had. Our starting info told us that there was a post count mechanic in the game, and I was worried that he was able to vig anybody with a lower vote count to him. So, for me, the attack on fate had to look genuine and I just couldn't fake it. Then I realised that our delay in quick hammering him could be used as a case, and went after Starbuck.

/pre in for the next one

Fate, at least you'll never have to read me say "I've never ever been scum before" again.

Thanks all for the game and thanks mod, it was great.

While I don't think the limited flips would have changed anything, was there a reason you chose to do it this time?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”