Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:22 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Scumhunter wrote:iamausername and substrike22, you both have modded games I was in before, prepare to be trolled. :D

Omgus.

day vig: Scumhunter

Pre game owned.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:What a waste. You'd better be fucking kidding me.

iamausername wrote:Don't worry, I'm sure he had a good reason.

Scumhunter was obviously scum. I mean its in his name. On the realzies though, lol @ whiskers trying to score town points on what was obviously a joke. Found our first mafioso already and its not even day 1.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Scumhunter wrote:I'm not really dead.

Truth.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Then I'd be confirmed town. Too bad it won't. Also I'm going to assume that you're not a moron and therefore understand what a joke is. Although your point on friend is certainly interesting. I must question your motives, however. Deflecting.away from yourself, or actually scumhunting? I woild have thrown a vote your way too, if the game was actually started.

P-edit: ninjad by Noramp.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

@ Mod, how long before you start replacing the two people who haven't confirmed? 96 hours?
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Substrike22 »

VOTE: Whiskers

Follow my thoughts from pre-game for reasoning.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:I said you could lynch me, because the original thought to post was
If scumhunter is scum and I'm very upset about his being Daykilled, I'd vote for me
Or,
...I'll replace out of the game.
The first doesn't serve any purpose, the second would be harmful to town and I won't do it anyway, But If I do something so obviously scum-telling as that, I would not resist a lynch. I'd hang my head and cry.

Honestly this post make me feel you're scum.

Threatening to replace out in the face of a situation that looks bad is scummy.

The issue isn't Scumhunter's alignment, it was your reaction to the kill period.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:
I'm having a really hard time explainin ghtis in a way that makes sense.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Noramp wrote:I'm a little weary of this Whiskers wagon and the speed of which it is gaining momentum. Let us not forget we have all of D1 to decide not just pregame.

I somewhat agree but also encourage early wagoning, though a lynch in the second RL day of D1 would piss me off.

Whiskers is clearly acting scum. Early reaction to a random day-vig (which somewhat implicates Scumhunter, but not really that badly, even if Whiskers flips scum... struck me more as Whiskers trying to score town points than raging off of his buddy's death.), reluctance to place a vote, and finally a lack of any real scum hunting. All of his discussion has been about why (he's?) not scum, versus who is scum. There was a mention of Friend being scum but it was, in my opinion, somewhat reaching at straws in an attempt to steer a counter wagon away from (himself.) So... yeah.

More thoughts to come...
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

So much inactivity for the first 48 hours: 4/13 players. This is going to be a difficult game, methinks.

Also, speaking of inactivity, bobsnox has 7 posts and NONE of them have practically any content what-so-ever. Are we ever going to get that catch up post of opinions? I seem to remember you being semi-vocal about them in the last game I played with you a few months back, interesting that you're not as intrigued now. Kind of flirting with that active lurker title? I had a guy in the game I just finished modding who cruised through day 2 promising to give the group a post on the weekend... then the wednesday... then the friday.... then the next weekend. He was scum. Just sayin'.

Anyways... back to the why-Whiskers-is-scum project.

Whiskers wrote:Kay.

I have to be the player who's too dumb to live in this game, but i'm a dead mouse, and unless I sit on my hands and do nothing until you exhaust all the scum you can get out of me, you'll just keep pushing for my lynch.
W/e. Lynch me.

Until then, maybe you guys should
scum-hunt?

Major ATE at the end there, although usually I overlook ATE because early in games that's all you've usually got to go on, your Scumhunting is still at an astounding 4(ish) out of 24 posts. The proverbial hole has been dug, at this point.

Although I agree with the sentiment earlier that this wagon feels a little easy at this point I'm also hesitant to let Whiskers off the hook at this point.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:
No friend, I have, in fact, NOT been doing any scum hunting. I've been defending myself, which only opens me up to more accusations. That is why I am putting a stop to it. I refuse to defend myself any more.
As to whether or not I WILL get any scum-hunting done, we'll see. I'll do my best.

Also, that's like saying "oh that's what everyone thinks is town so I guess I'd better do that, now that they've all reminded me."

Although at this point I may be tunneling a little bit. I don't think so, though...
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:05 am

Post by Substrike22 »

"How you so sure, bro?". I'm always sure.

Secondly on the Scumhunter point above, there is truth, but I also feel it fits his meta... he plays quiet at the beginning then pegs 2/3 scum on his first post of the game (assuming he's town.) so I'm not too worried about it at this point. Especially with Whiskers still around. But I saw something...

Whiskers wrote: The first doesn't serve any purpose, the second would be harmful to town and I won't do it anyway, But If I do something so obviously scum-telling as that, I would not resist a lynch. I'd hang my head and cry.

@ Whiskers, yes or no to what I quote there? If you don't know what I'm talking about the answer is probably no. Just trying to see if I'm reading part of that quote correctly.

Tovarish wrote:
Substrike, I may be speaking on my own here, but I'm almost never convinced by other payers positing that behavior in past games is indicative of fairly constant patterns in this games. It's the whole correlation vs. causation thing. Maybe I've just been doing too much LSAT practice.

I agree about inactivity being a null read, but with Bobsnox my issue is that he actually HAS posted in the game (10 times) and none of the posts have any content. That's scummy. Whereas the people who didn't pick up prods, have been prodded, etc.... that could all just be laziness, instead of blatant active lurking. Do you follow?
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

MusicNinja wrote:So far, Whiskers seems the most scummy to me. However, I do NOT like the bandwaggon that is starting to form on him. It's way too early in the day to lynch somebody. We need to give him a good chance to defend himself. Hasty votes lead to loses. We also need to decide what we should do IF we lynch Whiskers and he flips town. Who is the next suspect? What if he flips scum? Who do we think his parters are? As scummy as he seems, we should not hammer whiskers yet. There is still much work to be done today as far as scum hunting.

Setting up chain lynches isn't a great strategy either, if that's what you're implying. I don't like statements clearing someone if someone flips a certain way, leads to problems in terms of scum picking NK's.

That being said, suspect discussion is quintessential to town play.

Also, Whiskers, you never answered my legitimate question the on the other page...

Substrike22 wrote:
Whiskers wrote: The first doesn't serve any purpose, the second would be harmful to town and I won't do it anyway, But If I do something so obviously scum-telling as that, I would not resist a lynch. I'd hang my head and cry.

@ Whiskers, yes or no to what I quote there? If you don't know what I'm talking about the answer is probably no. Just trying to see if I'm reading part of that quote correctly.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Substrike22 »

bobsnox wrote:because you'll explode and kill your attacker or what?

lol rolefish.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:
Vote: Bobsnox
I'll even call it Omgus.

I'll take my own advice and look at this as a joke.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Scumhunter wrote:Substrike, are you still content with your vote on Whiskers?

Yes, but admittedly less so.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

monk wrote:Panacea, why are you voting for someone who you've placed as null, when you've placed the same people as pretty much everyone else in the game as scum. Your read on Whiskers to me is also contradictory.

Yeah that read to me as "hey I know (at least) one of these is my scum buddy so I'll vote for an active lurker to avoid putting either of them in a worse spot."
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:56 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

UNVOTE: Whiskers
VOTE: Panacea
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Substrike22 »

V/LA until Monday

Noted.
Last edited by Bub Bidderskins on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #20) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:The last time you made a point was six posts ago. That was four days.
I don't think we'll miss you that much until monday.

Don't be bitchy cause I pointed out all of your scuminess early in the game. It's unbecoming of you.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Also I consider my vote yesterday a bit of a point as well in terms of contradictory play on Panacea's behalf, although I have admittedly not read her above wall, yet.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Scumhunter wrote:Note to self: get on Substrike's case when he gets back from V/LA

You may commence.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Also UNVOTE: Unvote

Whiskers wrote:
But I'm going to be honest and say, "No: I was fucking afraid."
It's Day 1. My personal main goal is to not get lynched.
I'm not going to hammer willy nilly or anything, but if we're about to lynch a scumspect of mine and I feel threatened for some reason, I will save myself over somepony who is not confirmed (to me) town.

Whiskers wrote:He's being replaced, if I understand correctly-- in fact, his slot is up for grabs in the Mini Normal sign-up thread.

"OMG outting PRs is bad" syndrome-- we have an open game where every player has a unique role, and we have that in town. MAssclaim is obviously better for town, but...

Anyway, I agree with the argument here, the same argument I made in that game: I'd trade a PR for a scum. (especially if we have a doc or something)

Whiskers wrote:
Tovarish, you are acting like the "smart player" in this game. I'm not sure how true this is, but if I had to peg one player as using the logic and the math, or at least, expecting him to, it's you, bro. I hate hate hate how you come across-- I said something about this earlier; you look like a townie. So I really hope you aren't scum.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Quote 1) Personal survival is unimportant to any town role unless they're a PR and/or a survivor. Since I very much doubt the latter, and the former has been claimed by bobsnox, I find it suspect that your primary motivation for not dying was simply survival.
2) Bit of rolefishing combined with the suggestion for a massclaim on day 1. Also I would not trade a cop for a scum on d1.
3) "Hey I really dislike your style of play which I would normally find scummy but I know you're not scum because I'm scum and I know my team and you're not on it. I really really hope I'm right about that."
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #25) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Furthermore how the hell are we gaining a confirmed scum in exchange for Bob's claim 2 pages ago? As far as I can tell he didn't investigate anyone on N0 and I missed the jump there.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #26) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

But, on the record, I believe MusicNinja's scum stock is trading rather high.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #27) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Maruchan wrote:as per you're third, your "impersonation" in quotes of what Whiskers said is inaccurate. its more like "Hey you're a smart person and I don't like smart people because smart people are to good at NOT looking scummy. I hope you aren't scum because if you are, I would have a hard time noticing it"

Ok. Regardless she clears him of being scum in, what was my opinion, a second handed way. Which inevitably leaves the "I know you're scum but this doesn't really directly link me to your guilt or acquittal."
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #28) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

1) Obviously. But given the lack of a counter claim at this point, Occam's Razor suggests that Bobsnox is in fact the Sheriff.
2) If it's not rolefishing (which it still looks like to me, you're setting up PR's to have to come out and contradict you, because you're like "well in an open game," which as you just admitted, this is not...) it's a terribly bad set of assumptions.
3) Fair enough on that one.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Why is inactivity a greater sin than scuminess?

Also, Noramp, just to be clear; do you feel like the claim would've been riskier at L-2 or without a wagon on him at all? Cause I feel like L-2 actually increases the risk v. reward compensation... greater reward with less risk.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #30) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:Inactivity makes me
bored
If theres an active scum in the game, I'd rather have him around so that I can PLAY.

Why does anyone think you're town, joking aside.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Noramp wrote:I would say without the wagon because that would look really weird and from a scum's standpoint would bring a huge amount of attention on your shoulders which is usually not what they're after. I understand why townBob claimed at L-2 even not at L-1 it was obvious that he was the main choice for D1. We could all see the writing on the wall and so he claimed but scumBob would wait til the last second so he wouldn't have to risk playing the fake claim gambit. That's at least how I see it.

Fair enough.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #32) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:I don't know if I ever answered this. I don't think I did.
Can it generate some discussion? Please?
Substrike22 wrote:

Now, I MIGHT know what you're talking about, and I MIGHT be able to answer yes or no, but I don't know what your question is.

"Statement"

"Yes or no to that?"

"WTF?"

Can you explain what you're asking a little bit more, so I can answer it?

If you didn't know then it wasn't what I thought it was. So nevermind. Plus with Bobs claiming that destroys what I thought you were doing.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #33) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

monk wrote:I think its an optimistic push on a slot that has noone to defend it and will give us no information if we do lynch it.
You're welcome to prove me wrong though, if we lynch music today, and they flip scum, who are your targets for: bob to investigate/a possible vig/lynch tomorrow?

Hey, look, town.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #34) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:37 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Maruchan wrote:I say we lynch musicninja today ,then deal with tomorrow when its tomorrow.

Whiskers, Maruchan, and maybe Panacea scum team.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #35) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Maruchan wrote:lol ok substrike. :) I love how, rather than answering the question of WHY someone is scummy, he avoids the question and points more fingers.

and mfw is my face when.

and I don't want the day to end, I just want music lynched. I think he is scum, and he is inactive so it becomes even more beneficial to lynch him.

I already posted the posts I found scummy about whiskers. Your buddying with whiskers plus your rush to end the day makes you officially scummier than Whiskers.

UNVOTE: Whiskers
VOTE: Maruchan
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #36) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:10 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Maruchan wrote:
Substrike22 wrote:I already posted the posts I found scummy about whiskers

also, no you have not. We asked you in posts 341 and 342. Every post made by you since then has been about ME. you have not yet answered me or whiskers' question.

What do you find scummy about bob?
OSHI IM ASKIGN A QUESTION IN BOBS DEFENSE!! LOOKS LIKE I BUDDIED HIM!!!! ME AND BOB ARE SCUMTEAM!!!

What do you find scummy about friend?
OSHI I ASKED A QUESTION IN FRIEND'S DEFENSE!!!!!!! LOOKS LIKE I BUDDIED HIM!!!! ME AND FRIEND ARE SCUMTEAM!!!!

Heyyy I could be a fucking dick too, I just choose not to be. Also your wikiquote definitely shows your pro-ness. And I definitely didn't spend 2-3 posts prior to you two grilling me on what I found scummy about Whiskers explaining what I found scummy about Whiskers, in an easy to follow 3 point guide. One point I conceeded, the other two of which still remain valid in my mind.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #37) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:12 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Maruchan wrote:Whiskers so am I, I am curious to see his case on you also, other than the whole early-game "you better be joking" thing which is so long-gone and so unimportant if thats the only reason then wow.

Ignoring the top half of the page and the rest of the D1 discussion. Also, you calling me "wishy-washy" on whiskers is fucking hysterical considering I've been on that wagon 95% of Day 1.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #38) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Also nice OMGUS reaction there. You seemed content enough to discuss logic on the previous page when I addressed Noramp, yet you seem so much more inclined to attack me when I've got my vote on you.

Also I'm surprised people are letting Maruchan off the hook for the rushing the deadline. To me that is the single greatest scumtell we've had so far in this game and then he just casually passes it off as "oh well i thought the deadline was closer." Yeah. And then the L-1 mislynch with 2 scum already on the wagon makes that last person look realllllly suspicious, doesn't it? But it was an accident guys, no worries.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #39) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Scumhunter wrote:I think Panacea is very town am I missing something?

unvote, vote Substrike

Panacea is my weakest of my 3 scum reads, by far and away. Just to clarify. I would not want to lynch her today over Whiskers or Maruchan.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #40) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:25 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Maruchan wrote:as per you're third, your "impersonation" in quotes of what Whiskers said is inaccurate. its more like "Hey you're a smart person and I don't like smart people because smart people are to good at NOT looking scummy. I hope you aren't scum because if you are, I would have a hard time noticing it"

Maruchan defending Whiskers, instead of letting Whiskers do it.

Maruchan wrote:even more reason to lynch music. inactivity. :P

Pushing for an inactivity lynch over a scum lynch.

...Also apparently most of my "buddying" memory was actually your interaction with Panacea, looking back on it, as a result of these posts:
Maruchan wrote:
Panacea wrote:
MARUCHAN!!!!
Long time no see! And lol, a billion apologies for that. Poor Maruchan was my scumbuddy, who put a townie at L-1 as I was signing off, and got to wait with bated breath for nine hours until I got off work last night and noticed my vote was needed to win the game. ^^* I hope you're town; we're good on the same team. :D

lol no biggy. I was just hoping you didn't hate me for accidentally mentioning your name and bringing you down with me when you ended up disappearing for 9 hours right as I voted. :P

panacea wrote:
Maruchan wrote:Panacea, are you the same alignment as me?
Are you town? I already notice a difference in your posting style, so I'll offer a hesitant "I think so." What do you think of my vote on your slot?

A: I think I may have confused you with my little joke I placed at the end of yesterday. I am not LTP. LTP is still MIA in terms of the game, waiting for a replacement. I am a player who (I believe) never confirmed? (if I remember correctly)
B: Any change in my posting style is purely due to experience and not based on my alignment in any way shape or form, thanks though for giving me the implied compliment of "you're no longer posting as scummy-like"! Greatly appreciated! :D Don't take this as me saying I am not town btw, I am town, I just want don't want to be presumed town under false pretenses. Thats like my whole ribbing I gave Stuntman about how "that is what scum do. not town". Playing under false pretenses is a form of lying by exclusion, and lying is a mafia tactic, therefore I would prefer to not use it, even if it does benefit me.
C: Good you answered my question perfectly! If you had said yes or no, I would have taken that as a slightly-scumtell, as only scum would know for sure which alignment I was. ;)

Oh also, I want to see what this does. VOTE: bob. -waits patiently-

So I stand corrected on that point. But my other points about your rushing today's lynch remain valid. Although the interactions between Whiskers and yourself from post 270ish to 272 is still an interesting read from my standpoint, not sure it's at the level I thought it was.

That being said, I love the fact that you jumped from Bobsnox's wagon to the most inactive easy-lynch wagon in the day, being MusicNinja's. It was like "oh hey guess this super-popular wagon isn't working, guess I should jump on the inactive lurker's!"

P-edit: Ninja'd by captain "oh shit wrong game"
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #41) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:28 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Maruchan wrote:We can't all have mega-brains like you.

Sorry with my mega brain I must've missed where I scum-claimed. Care to quote that post for everyone?
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (isolation #42) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:39 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Scumhunter wrote:Substrike, I'm buddying Whiskers harder than almost anyone, why aren't you going after me then too? Is it that you think Maruchan will be an easier ML target?

Honestly I don't see your buddying Whiskers, but if you really want me to I can re-read.

As Maruchan so helpfully pointed out, "buddying" in my mind is not the accepted definition on Mafiascum, so I'm not really sure what relationship I'm trying to point out. I believe Maruchan is assuming a role that's attempting to help defend and save Whiskers, and they are scum buddies.

My biggest thing w/ Panacea was the posts I criticized before I went on V/LA for the weekend. Which I currently don't care all that much about. But it's posts 212, 216 and 217. As I said, it's my weakest by far of the 3 reads, but I always assume a 3 person scumteam in mini-normals unless I'm given a reason to believe otherwise.

For Maruchan:

Substrike22 wrote:Also UNVOTE: Unvote

Whiskers wrote:
But I'm going to be honest and say, "No: I was fucking afraid."
It's Day 1. My personal main goal is to not get lynched.
I'm not going to hammer willy nilly or anything, but if we're about to lynch a scumspect of mine and I feel threatened for some reason, I will save myself over somepony who is not confirmed (to me) town.

Whiskers wrote:He's being replaced, if I understand correctly-- in fact, his slot is up for grabs in the Mini Normal sign-up thread.

"OMG outting PRs is bad" syndrome-- we have an open game where every player has a unique role, and we have that in town. MAssclaim is obviously better for town, but...

Substrike22 wrote:Quote 1) Personal survival is unimportant to any town role unless they're a PR and/or a survivor. Since I very much doubt the latter, and the former has been claimed by bobsnox, I find it suspect that your primary motivation for not dying was simply survival.
2) Bit of rolefishing combined with the suggestion for a massclaim on day 1. Also I would not trade a cop for a scum on d1.
3) "Hey I really dislike your style of play which I would normally find scummy but I know you're not scum because I'm scum and I know my team and you're not on it. I really really hope I'm right about that."

Regardless of whether or not you agree with the case, that is my case.
So how about my scumclaim, hm?

Pedit: Of course you're allowed to make friends. In regards to the second above post, you're already OMGUSing so why not throw the vote on anyways? Afraid to look scummy?
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (isolation #43) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

A scum lynch based on 7 posts and 5 days of inactivity, including a replacement search?
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #44) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:01 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Still missing my scum claim.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (isolation #45) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:While I do, what do you think of a Substrike22, Tovy, Monk team?
Just for speculation. I know some players have had suspicions of Monk, I've got a bad gut feeling about Tovy. I don't know what to do about substrike, but hes the other player to vote for Maruchan.

Hey Whiskers literally spelled out a Chainsaw as her reason to suspect me

Edit: to remove the "T" typo at the top of the post.
Last edited by Substrike22 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (isolation #46) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:31 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Maruchan wrote:
...according to my main attacker, I thought town are supposed to be willing to die?...

-----------------------edited------------------------

...Isn't that his biggest case against Whiskers? That Whiskers defended herself?...

Yes. And it is town in my opinion. VT's are made to die for the town's info particularly for D1/D2, imho. So I don't see your willingness to die as scummy, on the contrary. That being said I still think you're scum.

And my biggest case against Whiskers is that for the first 1-6 pages she defended, defended, defended, and didn't scum hunt at all. That was my biggest complaint with her play at the beginning. She's way too interested in self preservation to be town, unless she's a PR, which I believe is unlikely at this point in time. (to be clear I don't want her to claim at this point if she is, lest I be accused of rolefishing.)

Also I understand she attempted to clarify the three points which you obviously don't agree with, but you have to understand that I'm skeptical of most explanations because they've always got a self-preservation mode behind them. I conceded the point I thought she won on, but still hold her to be scummy for the other two reasons and her dedication to self preservation.

I don't think you're an idiot, I never really meant to make this personal with you or Whiskers. Just doing scumhunting in the only ways I know how. Don't claim to be all knowing here, I just don't trust people's motivations in telling me to change my mind.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #47) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:I think Substrike already brought that up. Read the thread?

That's not why I find him scummy, but it something I chose to point out. I think greatest reason why I find him scummy is the fact that he's pushing for me. Over other players, he wants me lynched. That's OMGUS, so I didn't bring it up.

Sigh! I'll go and read his ISO, if I find something good I'll post it.

So... the two main scum points against me, from your perspective, are that I've:
1) Voted/Pushed for you. (OMGUS, as you've said)
and
2) Voted/Pushed for the person defending you, Maruchan. (Chainsaw)

Then, after this was brought up by a neutral observer, you start to go look for posts that would make me actually look scummy? That's not going to be unbiased at all.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #48) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:Kay. That's not what I thought the "chainsaw defense" was and the name doesn't fit with the tactic in any way, as far as I can tell. I figured it was "chain" and then "saw" just added a cool effect and it caught on.

No, I accused Substrike22 along with the other two voting for Maruchan because they made three ducks in a line.

I don't recall defending Maruchan. I won't say I didn't do it, but I really don't remember, and I don't think I did. Give me a minute, I'll go back through my ISO and look for Maru-defending.

A page ago you said your main reasons for voting me were a bucketful of OMGUS and (in an earlier post) my vote on Maruchan. I was also the first one to throw a vote on Maruchan so I don't understand the ducks in a line analogy.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #49) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:13 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:
Substrike22 wrote:
Whiskers wrote:While I do, what do you think of a Substrike22, Tovy, Monk team?
Just for speculation. I know some players have had suspicions of Monk, I've got a bad gut feeling about Tovy. I don't know what to do about substrike, but hes the other player to vote for Maruchan.

Hey Whiskers literally spelled out a Chainsaw as her reason to suspect me

Edit: to remove the "T" typo at the top of the post.

"Editted 2 times in total", what was the second edit?

Next time, leave the T.

Anyway, I respnded to this saying I'd infer the meaning of "chainsaw." I guessed that it was a chain: Substrike was scummy because of these other two players that were scummy.

Also, can I say that the read on them was very weak and only had one point to it? I wasn't pushing it, I just wanted to throw it out there.

Noramp, where did I defend Maruchan? Where did I "go into a frenzy"? If you mean my angry angry rage post, It was written before Maruchan even came under attack. (I think? He only came under attack just recently, right?)

The second edit was me writing "to remove the "t" typo..."

Also you don't tell me but thanks, I hadn't planned on it anyways.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #50) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:12 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Maruchan wrote:And are you going to answer the question she asked you in that post, or do you plan on ignoring them (as per usual), and just responding to his comments about your editing?

Haha you're so funny.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #51) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Friend wrote:Nobody can edit their posts, and if you somehow can it's a modkillable offense.

I did, (still had mod privs from a previous game) on one post earlier, to fix a typo. Didn't think it would be a big deal, but I noticed they put in a "post edited by" feature, so I figured I'd explain what I did.

If the mod wishes to take issue with it he may discuss it with me, otherwise I'm done talking about it. I'm not planning on editing any other posts given the amount of problems fixing a capital "T" my phone left on the top of the post has caused.

So, back to scumhunting. Why are there
6 people on a wagon of a player being replaced?
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #52) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Substrike22 »

I don't think replacing out is a town-tell, if anything it probably scores scum points, given the situation, but I'm just saying it feels like we're wasting time on someone who isn't even here to respond. If everyone is really hell bent on lynching this guy, I can just hammer and we can move on to tomorrow and save our Mod a replacement, since it seems like most people think that slot is scum past redemption.

In other words: yes he's scummy but why are we wasting our time on an L-1 Wagon unless we intend to lynch him at this point? He's not here to defend himself.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #53) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Maruchan wrote:
(thats what votes are for right? I could be wrong... Maybe we're electing a Mayor of Townies or something. O.o)

That seems so much less violent, let's do it. I vote for myself.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #54) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Substrike22 »

iamausername wrote:Yes, I'm pretty sure that anyone on the wagon who isn't happy to see MusicNinja lynched at this point has had ample opportunity to remove their vote.

Substrike22 wrote:If everyone is really hell bent on lynching this guy, I can just hammer and we can move on to tomorrow and save our Mod a replacement, since it seems like most people think that slot is scum past redemption.

Do YOU think the slot is scum past redemption?

It's scummy but not past redemption. I want to see a replacement. Hence why I have not yet hammered and don't plan to unless deadline gets upon us.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (isolation #55) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:11 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:
...I brought up substrike because I don''t like him ...

Yeah that seems to be the bulk of your case against me. You don't like me. And as much as that hurts, that's not really scum hunting.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (isolation #56) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:44 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Hiraki. Whiskers did absolutely 0 scumhunting while defending herself. That was the problem there. Want to know how much scumhunting she's done since then? An OMGUS/Maruchan sympathy case on me. And that's your top town read? I buy that you find Scumhunter as town, but Whiskers?
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (isolation #57) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Hikari*
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (isolation #58) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:53 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Maruchan wrote:Substrike either doesn't read the fine print or fills the need to be overtly antagonistic.

Usually the former. I don't go out of my way to troll unless someone has pissed me off. Which Hikari has not.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (isolation #59) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:55 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Also I fail to see where my point falls flat. Hikari's point on Whiskers being town is that Whiskers has questioned town reads on herself. That says nothing of her actually going and looking for scum in any kind of genuine way.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (isolation #60) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

This is all I can do for now, will try to get in a post later but busy for the evening as well:

Of the 3 votes on me, 0 of them surprise me. I still have an OMGUS from Whiskers, a decent amount of actually valid criticism from Scumhunter, and then a super cool vote from our newly claimed cop. When I do flip town, should I be lynched, I invite everyone to take a hefty look into Scumhunter's play this game. He's posted as close to every 48 hour margin as possible through day 1.

Whiskers is striking me more and more as a town member who I just managed to make hate me, and thus she seems hell bent on lynching me. Which is fine and understandable but I wish she'd reconsider. I think if there's scum just jumping on the wagon at this point it's one of the other two. I stand by my initial statement that Maruchan is probably scum but even then I'm not really sure anymore.

On a re-read I did over the night, I confess that my Scumhunting this game has so far been rather horrible and I've rather come to the conclusion that I'm bad at this game as a player. I'll just claim VT and Resident VI at this point and go from there. I no longer have any real conviction on who is scum in this game.

I won't be able to post again for a bit, I'll try to get one in on Thursday evening, I have to help my brother move his stuff back to college... not sure I'll have any internet access through that time. If I do I'll try to get another post in to answer questions.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (isolation #61) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

@ Maruchan, what does my claiming VT have anything to do with hurting town? I haven't claimed PR except for that minor spiel at the beginning and if people are finding me scummy, might as well throw the VT claim out there? Also what changed my mind was I was tunneling the shit out of Whiskers yesterday and when we got into it I decided I didn't (and based on your above post, really still don't, cause I think you're kind of a dick) like you. Me not liking you doesn't make you obv. scum. However I stand by my claims that you came in and tried to find friends really fast, which I tend to see out of scum. It is what it is. As I said most of my reads from yesterday went to shit when Bobs flipped scum so now I'm kind of floating up shit creak right now without any paddles. So... yeah.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (isolation #62) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

I'm currently trying to catch up, a few pages behind.

I'm trying to decide whether or not it's possible that Link claimed cop, bussed his scum buddy, then gained an infallible amount of town credit in the process. As such I'm reading particularly carefully.

Cause I mean what could've happened was:
1. Link replaces in D1 and sees that Bobsnox is floundering and that LTP is also a high candidate on many scum lists. (his two scum buddies.)
2. The town is calling for a cop counter claim on Bobsnox on day 1, Link indulges us.
3. Xvart and Link decided in their scumtopic on N1 not to do a kill, or perhaps because they were both replacements, one simply didn't get sent as they hadn't effectively communicated.
4. They employ a gambit with the non kill, with Link pushing that a doc must've saved the kill, and that the likeliness of Xvart actually doing the kill (and thus being effectively roleblocked by Maruchan) was slim to none.
5. Xvart hammers himself to prevent an awkward situation from coming up with VCA on Link.

Anyone want to poke a hole in that admittedly outrageous theory?

Also I'm in the process of doing some important RL things that are kind of interfering. (i.e. considering joining the USAF) So, apologies, and if people have something to say on the above bit, I'll have answers and other scum candidates. Just needed to have something to let you all know I'm here and actually working at the game.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (isolation #63) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Scumhunter wrote:Here's to hoping Maruchan didn't actually jail our cop. We really really should have specified that he not jail Link if xvart flipped scum.

Also, I think this doesn't make any sense what-so-ever. Though I did not like Maruchan and the feeling was clearly mutual, he was not an idiot. He would not have jailed Link given the scenarios that he was confronted with.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (isolation #64) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Also Noramp is not the scummiest of my reads atm so I will not be voting for him. Since clearly my reads have been amazing in this game.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (isolation #65) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

This game would be stupidly imbalanced if there were a Jailkeeper, Tracker, and Cop vs Godfather, Goon, Rb/Goon.

Therefore I suggest that at least one of the Cop/Tracker combo is in fact guilty.

Which runs against Iamuser's list of confirmed town.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (isolation #66) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

So you agree with my feelings that one of the two claiming power roles are lying?
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (isolation #67) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

iamausername wrote:I'm not sure what you are all still arguing about. We have won this game. All we have to do is lynch people who aren't confirmed town. We will run out of unconfirmed townies and hit the scum before the scum can kill enough of us to win.

If Noramp is scum, he will have to clear a new townie every day, and once he has cleared all of the townies that are left, we will lynch him.

Whoever is scum might as well give themself up now, because they have lost.

My point is that if Link is lying then Monk is no longer confirmed town, although I suppose that doesn't really matter cause if we lynch Link then we win if he's scum.

Same story with Noramp. If he's lying then both I and whoever else are no longer confirmed town. But I guess that brings up the same pattern discussed above.

So let me go look at your strategy post tomorrow after I wake up.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (isolation #68) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:(However, I secretly hope the scum is substrike22)

How do you guys like my new avatar?

You make me so sad :(
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (isolation #69) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Substrike22 »

OMGUS

Also brief reminder of the plan to people:

iamausername wrote:Everybody. In your next post, type this, exactly this:

Code: Select all

[vote]Panacea[/vote]

until Panacea is lynched.

If that is not game, then either Link or Noramp will die over night, and whichever of them survives will have a result on one of the following:

iamausername
Scumhunter
Friend
Whiskers

If it's a guilty, we lynch that person and win. If it's not, we lynch one of the other three. If that's not game, then whichever of Link and Noramp is still alive will die.

Two of the four names listed above will be alive, and uncleared. We will lynch one of those. If that isn't game, one of the FOUR confirmed townies will die. We will lynch the last remaining unconfirmed. If that is not game, THE UNIVERSE WILL EXPLODE BECAUSE THAT IS NOT ACTUALLY POSSIBLE.

WE

HAVE

WON

THIS

GAME

ALREADY

Keep in mind Scumhunter is now clean so it's down to:
Whiskers
Friend
iamusername
-or-
Noramp (assuming the unlikely event that all this tracking stuff is bullshit, but he's "not the play today.")

Fixed.
Last edited by Bub Bidderskins on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (isolation #70) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Substrike22 »

@ Mod: My vote is above but broken tags cause I am an r-tard, would you mind fixing it?

Done.
Last edited by Bub Bidderskins on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (isolation #71) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Friend today, Noramp tomorrow.

Noramp what was your result?
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (isolation #72) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Claiming VT, and

VOTE: Friend gg people.

I agree with scumhunter that everyone should claim before we hammer as a precaution but otherwise we win. No thanks to my terribad play.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (isolation #73) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Throwing this out there: This is the 2nd game in a row that I've been in that Scumhunter has pegged the entire scum team within the first day of him being involved in the game. So... kudos to him.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”