Mini 1193: Hacker's Panic mafia. (Game Over)

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:03 am

Post by Parama »

shocking awe.
vote: don_johnson

points from yesterday still stand, especially in light of recent flips.

Also,
Mod: Can you please bump the thread when day officially starts? I'm not sure when you unlocked the thread but when you edit posts people tend not to see them.

*I deemed a bump unnecesary when I sent private messages to all of you announcing the day start with a link to the post.
- HP

I may actually compile some sort of DJ case soon. I may not. We'll see.
Last edited by Humble Poirot on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:10 am

Post by don_johnson »

Please compile a case so as I have something to respond to. "points from yesterday" doesnt give me much. Ill post more from home. I still think my neighbor is town, and odds put parama as town, but I cant post a lot from my phone. So yeah.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by imaginality »

It'll take me a little while to put my thoughts together (I held off from doing so in case I didn't survive the night), so I'll be back with a fuller post later on. At the moment I'm leaning towards voting havingfitz because of how scummy kondi's play was.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by xvart »

Yes, Parama. I'll want to see a legitimate case on either of us if that is the road you are going down because it would be a scum members dream to have two town neighbors and push the idea that one of them
has
to be scum. In fact, if I'm crunching the numbers correctly then
if
both of us are town and
if
there are two scum remaining then lynching us one after the other gives the scum a win.

I've got a couple of people I want to reread which I plan to do tomorrow.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Parama »

Mod wrote:
*I deemed a bump unnecesary when I sent private messages to all of you announcing the day start with a link to the post.
- HP

Didn't get this, so....
* My bad. I drafted and never sent it. No wonder people weren't posting. Thanks for letting me know. -HP

xvart. I don't think you're scum. I think DJ is. I haven't even said anything about one neighbor being scum for sure today. I'm pretty much set on DJ being the scum between the two of you.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:46 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Before I fully catch up I wanted to say that the scum killing bob was a big mistake. Whoever the scum were they really misjudged that kill. They had two to three people saying that for some reason bob was scum, when it was obvious that he was town. I'm going to look back and see who pushed the bob wagon.
after a wank.
CooLskins
CooLskins
Goon
CooLskins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:10 am

Post by CooLskins »

Now lets catch-up in the correct account.
don_johnson wrote:Skins/parama/bob would not surprise me.

gain: parama stated bob was clear very early in game. Why? According to bob, parama has no night action, so he could not have investigated him. So why was parama confirming bob?

don_johnson wrote:
unvote, vote bobsnox

This isnt fitting together at all. I could see bob/parama bussing zodiark possibly, buy xvart makes good points. Bob has not been protown.

Okay yeah, you are scum. Never made a case on bob, never really contributed to the game.

Parama wrote:So right now we have all the smart people voting Zod, Zod trying to get bobsnox lynched, one of his scumbuddies in the neighbors assisting him, and the other neighbor being stupid. And havingfitz is making a fail and wasting his vote.
When Zodiark flips scum, I'm going to find out which of the neighbors is his buddy. Should be easy enough. Seeing the wagon now, no way in hell both neighbors are town.

Perfect assessment of the situation.

don_johnson wrote:
unvote, vote parama

this seems like a safer way to start.
the bob parama connection is odd to say the least. imo, tracker is a role given to scum as often as it is a role given to town. the fact that parama seems to be going along with the claim is scummier than bob's play. parama claims to have picked up on the claim earlier. absolutely noone else did(except me, however, to me it read as though parama was claiming power and clearing bob. bob didn't mind, i even tossed this idea around in the neighbor qt and xvart was like "whatcu talkin bout?" it was very subtle. so if bob was clearing parama, why isn't parama the least bit suspicious now when bob is claiming watcher instead of cop? excuse me tracker. so we all know that tracker doesn't "clear" someone of scum alignment, yet bob is acting like his clear of parama is guaranteed. parama is going along with it without question. odd.

now bob claims to have trakced his biggest scumread last night whom he has also stated would not be the player on the scum team to be sent to perform the kill. of course, scum didn't know town had a tracker, right? this reads to me more like scum running fake claim than town being honest. details have not come out clean. thats the thing about fake claims, its hard to get everything to fit. the fact that this seems so jumbled it what makes me suspicious. bobs defense is, "well why would i protect parama?" well, if parama is your scum buddy and you are mafia tracker, then you have every incentive to. if parama is town, he should at least have been suspicious of you at some point. but he wasn't. in fact, he accepted your soft claim without question. maybe he even claims to have known which power role you were claiming, but common sense says, "you clear parama, parama has to assume you are cop, you claim tracker, parama should at least question you." but he doesn't. he just keeps going along with it. i don't know. something about this situation just stinks and bob is now saying "well keep me alive for a couple days, we probably don't have a cop." baiting out town power is not good form my friend.

anyhoo, i'm willing to start with parama to test the theory, in case bob is town. also, parama could be scum buddying town, so his lynch is a much better bet.

Bullshit "case" with nice vailed soft omgus you are catching on sorta thing. Also, not italics.

[goodposting="parama"]
Parama wrote:Bwahahaha, dj's definitely the scum neighbor. "I think bobsnox is scum, and I think Parama is scum by association, so let me lynch the player who I feel is scum by association instead of the one who I feel is scum for actual reasons."
At least the Zodiark wagon's the leading wagon again :D
[/goodposting]
This is exactly what I'm thinking by reading his posts. He thinks he can get you lynch
over
bob right now, so he is going to push that.

don_johnson wrote:parama, i don't think you're reading correctly. i thought i clearly stated that your actions were scummy independent of bobs alignment, not the other way around. the fact that you claim to have picked up his softclaim(no way in hell you interpreted him as "tracker", so you had to think he was most likely cop), and when he claimed a much less reliable role, you haven't questioned it one bit. thats odd to me.

not sure what to make of des placing someone at L-1 while trying to "wait" for replacements to post. parama claimed vt which means his lynch isn't an uber loss to town, so accelerating the counterwagon out of "fear" doesn't make sense at all. thanks des. way to tie yourself to parama.

bob: independent of your "track", how do you feel about parama and why?

I would sorta agree with this, if you actually quoted one of parama's posts in your case.

don_johnson wrote:also, regarding zod's "contradiction", i don't find anything wrong with changing one's mind. it happens all the time. if the posts were within a couple hours of each other with no posting in between(were they?) then it may be construed as scum backtrack, but i came out of the gate thinking blok was scum for his hammer but after rethinking it i changed my mind. so whatever. i think the zodiark case is a mountain out of a mole hill.

parama: i don't think there is a scum neighbor. xvart is posting pretty protown.

That's it. No more. So not only do you think that an obv townie (bob) is scum. But you also think that someone "associated with him" is scum over that townie. You absolutly never outlined why, and now we defend a flipped scum. Okay.
vote:Don Johnson
<- Bub should not change this vote. This vote stays, you hear me?

don_johnson wrote:bob: not trying to "misrep" you. i just disagree with whats going on in general right now. i clearly explained the scum motivation for your actions.
if
parama is your
scumbuddy
then
your actions make perfect sense.
the fact that parama hasn't questioned you AT ALL reads like he may be scum trying to coast off your good graces, or you guys could be scumbuddies outed early and using a "hey, if things get tight i'll just claim towntracker" type gambit. i did a similar gambit as scumwatcher and bussed my entire scumteam to a victory. so yeah.

parama:
[wifom="OMG WIFOM"] i'm not scum[/wifom]
, so if there is a scum neighbor(which you keep implying) then it is xvart. seeing that i don't think xvart is scum, i have to say "i don't think there is a scum neighbor." it has nothing to do with what you think of xvart. the fact that xvart doesn't have the same mistake in his pm that i have in mine is a little odd and i hope for it to be explained in endgame, but imo, it is better to scumhunt in games as opposed to outside of them.

skins: thanks for the repost,
the case isn't terrible and i'm willing to hammer him.
the fact is,
if i am wrong about parama/bob, then zod could very well be scum
, my gut just says hes town whose not good at writing. but whatever. i think we're better off letting imaginality in here before we end the day. i still don't like des putting zod to L-1. parama and bob are in no real danger of being lynched today, so his excuse reads like, well, an excuse. of all the votes on zod, thats the one that looks lilke a bus to me. but whatever.

bob: please expand on your answer. what is it about parama that has you leaning town besides your night result?

I'm not going to say anything about this post. I'm just not going to. Look at the bolded stuffs. My eyes bleed.

Zodiark13 wrote:Oh well.

Vote:Zodiark13

deselby wrote:On second thoughts imag, maybe get a move on just in case someone does hammer....

This is the best tandem post I have seen in a while. I really loled.

don_johnson wrote:Please compile a case so as I have something to respond to. "points from yesterday" doesnt give me much. Ill post more from home. I still think my neighbor is town, and odds put parama as town, but I cant post a lot from my phone. So yeah.

Try this: Defend every single post you have made about bob, zodiark, and parama. Also defend the bolded contridiction saying that you are now willing to hammer after nothing changed. And then get lynched.

Alert: If dj does not get lynched today I will be very upset. I will cry my wittle eyes out in swadness :cry: :cry: :cry: *sniffle*

~CooLDoG
The epic hydra combination that never should have happened.
deselby
deselby
Goon
deselby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:14 am

Post by deselby »

crazy day or so for me, will post again late tomorrow or so, sorry.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:23 am

Post by don_johnson »

CooLskins wrote:Now lets catch-up in the correct account.
don_johnson wrote:Skins/parama/bob would not surprise me.

gain: parama stated bob was clear very early in game. Why? According to bob, parama has no night action, so he could not have investigated him. So why was parama confirming bob?

don_johnson wrote:
unvote, vote bobsnox

This isnt fitting together at all. I could see bob/parama bussing zodiark possibly, buy xvart makes good points. Bob has not been protown.

Okay yeah, you are scum. Never made a case on bob, never really contributed to the game.

no, i didn't make a case on bob. i don't always make a case. nothing scummy about that. i clearly explain here that i am confused by bob's and parama's actions. i am also agreeing with posting by xvart. please see 474, 480, 491.

skins wrote:
Parama wrote:So right now we have all the smart people voting Zod, Zod trying to get bobsnox lynched, one of his scumbuddies in the neighbors assisting him, and the other neighbor being stupid. And havingfitz is making a fail and wasting his vote.
When Zodiark flips scum, I'm going to find out which of the neighbors is his buddy. Should be easy enough. Seeing the wagon now,
no way in hell both neighbors are town

Perfect assessment of the situation.

bolded is the start of "one neighbor
must
be scum fallacy." zod was not doing much of anything. xvart had the lead in the case against bob. given the odd relationship between parama and bob, i didn't see zod's position as scummy.

skins wrote:
don_johnson wrote:
unvote, vote parama

this seems like a safer way to start.
the bob parama connection is odd to say the least. imo, tracker is a role given to scum as often as it is a role given to town. the fact that parama seems to be going along with the claim is scummier than bob's play. parama claims to have picked up on the claim earlier. absolutely noone else did(except me, however, to me it read as though parama was claiming power and clearing bob. bob didn't mind, i even tossed this idea around in the neighbor qt and xvart was like "whatcu talkin bout?" it was very subtle. so if bob was clearing parama, why isn't parama the least bit suspicious now when bob is claiming watcher instead of cop? excuse me tracker. so we all know that tracker doesn't "clear" someone of scum alignment, yet bob is acting like his clear of parama is guaranteed. parama is going along with it without question. odd.

now bob claims to have trakced his biggest scumread last night whom he has also stated would not be the player on the scum team to be sent to perform the kill. of course, scum didn't know town had a tracker, right? this reads to me more like scum running fake claim than town being honest. details have not come out clean. thats the thing about fake claims, its hard to get everything to fit. the fact that this seems so jumbled it what makes me suspicious. bobs defense is, "well why would i protect parama?" well, if parama is your scum buddy and you are mafia tracker, then you have every incentive to. if parama is town, he should at least have been suspicious of you at some point. but he wasn't. in fact, he accepted your soft claim without question. maybe he even claims to have known which power role you were claiming, but common sense says, "you clear parama, parama has to assume you are cop, you claim tracker, parama should at least question you." but he doesn't. he just keeps going along with it. i don't know. something about this situation just stinks and bob is now saying "well keep me alive for a couple days, we probably don't have a cop." baiting out town power is not good form my friend.

anyhoo, i'm willing to start with parama to test the theory, in case bob is town. also, parama could be scum buddying town, so his lynch is a much better bet.

Bullshit "case" with nice vailed soft omgus you are catching on sorta thing. Also, not italics.

ok. so earlier you say "you didn't even post a case". now, you call it "bullshit"? how is it bullshit" what about this post is "bullshit"? imo, this post is a very coherent post which explains my suspicions in a clear and concise manner. i'm calling bob/parama out on their sketchy play and pointing out that bob's "we prolly don't have a cop" statement is seriously anti-town. so yeah. just quoting something and saying "bullshit" is poor posting. explain yourself. parama was not voting me and his suspicion of me has nothing to do with this post. "omgus" is you flinging shit against me hoping it will stick. i have already stated i think parama is town and i'll explain why a bit later. hint: its not because of his shit ass posting. ;)

skins wrote:[goodposting="parama"]
Parama wrote:Bwahahaha, dj's definitely the scum neighbor. "I think bobsnox is scum, and I think Parama is scum by association, so let me lynch the player who I feel is scum by association instead of the one who I feel is scum for actual reasons."
At least the Zodiark wagon's the leading wagon again :D
[/goodposting]
This is exactly what I'm thinking by reading his posts. He thinks he can get you lynch
over
bob right now, so he is going to push that.

uh no. try reading:

don_johnson wrote:parama, i don't think you're reading correctly. i thought i clearly stated that your actions were scummy independent of bobs alignment, not the other way around. the fact that you claim to have picked up his softclaim(no way in hell you interpreted him as "tracker", so you had to think he was most likely cop), and when he claimed a much less reliable role, you haven't questioned it one bit. thats odd to me.

in fact(snipped for brevity)you even say:

skins wrote:I would sorta agree with this, if you actually quoted one of parama's posts in your case.

what kind of things do you want me to quote? sorry, but giant quote walls are not something i try to do on a regular basis. if there is something you would like me to find and show you, tell me what that is and i will do it.

skins wrote:That's it. No more. So not only do you think that an obv townie (bob) is scum. But you also think that someone "associated with him" is scum over that townie. You absolutly never outlined why, and now we defend a flipped scum. Okay.

zod hadn't flipped yet. ands again, you seem to be misinterpreting my suspicions. i clearly stated why i felt parama was scummy over bob. i also clearly stated why i thought bob was scummy(even if i simply agreed with xvarts posting and didn't post my own thoughts as eloquently.)

skins wrote:
don_johnson wrote:bob: not trying to "misrep" you. i just disagree with whats going on in general right now. i clearly explained the scum motivation for your actions.
if
parama is your
scumbuddy
then
your actions make perfect sense.
the fact that parama hasn't questioned you AT ALL reads like he may be scum trying to coast off your good graces, or you guys could be scumbuddies outed early and using a "hey, if things get tight i'll just claim towntracker" type gambit. i did a similar gambit as scumwatcher and bussed my entire scumteam to a victory. so yeah.

parama:
[wifom="OMG WIFOM"] i'm not scum[/wifom]
, so if there is a scum neighbor(which you keep implying) then it is xvart. seeing that i don't think xvart is scum, i have to say "i don't think there is a scum neighbor." it has nothing to do with what you think of xvart. the fact that xvart doesn't have the same mistake in his pm that i have in mine is a little odd and i hope for it to be explained in endgame, but imo, it is better to scumhunt in games as opposed to outside of them.

skins: thanks for the repost,
the case isn't terrible and i'm willing to hammer him.
the fact is,
if i am wrong about parama/bob, then zod could very well be scum
, my gut just says hes town whose not good at writing. but whatever. i think we're better off letting imaginality in here before we end the day. i still don't like des putting zod to L-1. parama and bob are in no real danger of being lynched today, so his excuse reads like, well, an excuse. of all the votes on zod, thats the one that looks lilke a bus to me. but whatever.

bob: please expand on your answer. what is it about parama that has you leaning town besides your night result?

I'm not going to say anything about this post. I'm just not going to. Look at the bolded stuffs. My eyes bleed.

first bolded part. yes, bob's actions make perfect sense if parama is his scumbuddy. you don't agree with that? scumtracker clearing his buddy? the two of them acting like they can clear each other pre-claim? sprry, but it read to me like they were both clearing each other and leaving the "role claim" up in the air. once bob claimed tracker, parama doesn't bat an eye. no "well that doesn't completely clear me, then", which is what a townie should admit. no, "oh, i thought you were cop." nothing.

second bolded, no wifom, that was in response to parama accusing me of putting words in his mouth. i was explaining why i used the wording i did. you see, anyone can bold portions of a post and then say, "just read the bolded portions," and make a case. what you need to do, and what good townies do, is read the entire post. what you are doing is taking my statements out of context. if you read the rest of that paragraph you see exactly why i make the statement "i am not scum." that statement is only wifom when used in the context of "hey i made a case against you, defend yourself." and then you say "i'm not scum." thats wifom. using my knowledge of my alignment to explain why i said something, or why i think someone is misinterpreting something is not wifom.

skins wrote:Try this: Defend every single post you have made about bob, zodiark, and parama.
Also defend the bolded contridiction saying that you are now willing to hammer after nothing changed.
And then get lynched.

and that brings me to the third bolded part. for that i bolded a portion of your post. you claim "nothing changed. except:

1) you reposted your case, which i read and stated was not bad.

2)
dj wrote:. zodiark seems to be getting the noose and doing very little to stop his own hanging, so lets get some imaginality and then proceed."
zodiark was not defending himself.

so yeah, nothing changed.[/sarcasm]

dj wrote:

skins wrote:
Zodiark13 wrote:Oh well.

Vote:Zodiark13

deselby wrote:On second thoughts imag, maybe get a move on just in case someone does hammer....

This is the best tandem post I have seen in a while. I really loled.

des is probably my top suspect today. his vote at L-1 was terrible. i'll dissect it in another post.

vote: deselby

you can look forward to future dj posts such as "the parama/xvart connection and why i think they're town", and "lynching neighbors is a bad idea."
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:50 am

Post by Humble Poirot »

Those in danger of being exposed #17:

deselby (1)
- don_johnson,
don_johnson (2)
- Parama, CooLskins,

Not Voting (4)
- imaginality, deselby, xvart, havingfitz,

With 7 Alive it takes 4 to lynch.

If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:30 am

Post by havingfitz »

Just back from v/LA. Would like to do a reread before diving into D4. Will do so asap.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
CooLskins
CooLskins
Goon
CooLskins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by CooLskins »

Don, let me tell you this. I could refute every single argument that you have made. I could point to your "case" on bob and show how you never quoted him, and how you never brought. However, I do not have the time to do so. Tomorrow I will.

Bub has told me that he has some thoughts. Specifically about having deflecting or something along those lines.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by don_johnson »

why does a case need quotes? i think we have a playstyle difference in that you seem to require quotes as supporting evidence. i don't, but like i said, if there is something specific that i mentioned that you would like me to back up with quotes and such, just let me know. i don't see how "cases" have much to do with anything. if you scroll through some of my town games you will find that i often find scum and get them lynched without ever making a "case". not everyone is as adept at posting as you would like, and i think experience is the only way one can learn that fact about mafia. in any case, i have a few more posts i want to throw up here today. so, if you are town, be wary of the quicklynch. i am already at L-2. i will be producing a "case" on deselby, though i can't guarantee my suspicions won't shift when i'm done. i would like to iso him as well as reread this thread. i would also like to present why i think xvart and parama share an alignment(right now, i think its town.) i am not sure what to make of you as your hydra has been conflicted in its own reads. so yeah. look forward to our exchange, but please pay attention so i get my chance to be heard.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:52 am

Post by don_johnson »

the xvart/parama connection and why i think they are town

parama is town due to statistical improbability of him being scum, imo. if parama is scum, then that would mean that bob successfully tracked scum two different scum, two nights in a row, both of whom were vanilla and neither of whom tried to kill anyone. there is a small window where parama can be scum, but if he is, he has most likely already won the game, so i have to go by numbers, and statistic improbability is generally reliable.

xvart is town based on his level headed posting. even though he made a case against bob(confirmed town), the case had merit and pointed out several inconsistencies in bobs play. also, and here's the kicker, bob came after me early which is a bad play for scum. the "one neighbor must be scum" fallacy is a common case, and if xvart was scum it would not be in his best interest to have me flip town. secondly, i detailed my suspicions of parama/bob in the qt at night. the way i initially read their play was that i thought they might be claiming "masons", which made no sense with neighbors in the game. x and i briefly discussed this, but when i brought to his attention that they were confirming each other he said he didn't even notice. xvartscum should have immediately relayed that to the scum qt which should have led to a bob/parama nk, because the logical explanation is that one of them was cop. but they both lived through the night.

therefore, the only way i can see xvart scum is with paramascum. xvart would have brought his knowledge to the qt, and parama would have said "no, he has me confirmed somehow, lets see if we can use him. seeing as how they then lynched scum with parama infull force, i highly doubt this scenario.

therefore i believe them both to be town.

why lynching neighbors is a bad idea

parama wrote:When Zodiark flips scum, I'm going to find out which of the neighbors is his buddy.

with a strong town player believing there is scum in the neighborhood, a 1-2 lynch can lose us the game. i'd rather we lynch outside the hood for scum first. if we find scum today, then i have no issue with being lynched tomorrow, however, the "one neighbor must be scum" fallacy should not be applied in this game because i am pretty sure xvart is not scum. lynching me today will place town in a very difficult position.

lynchpool should be fitz, imag, deselby in no particular order yet. i believe both scum(assuming statistic regularity) are in that pool of three.

i'm going to work on each of these three and see what i find. des is tops so far because of his vote yesterday which i will dissect in my next post.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:29 am

Post by imaginality »

don johnson wrote:xvart is town based on his level headed posting. even though he made a case against bob(confirmed town), the case had merit and pointed out several inconsistencies in bobs play. also, and here's the kicker,
bob came after me early which is a bad play for scum.
the "one neighbor must be scum" fallacy is a common case, and if xvart was scum it would not be in his best interest to have me flip town.

I'm confused by the bolded (bob isn't scum). Did you mean xvart instead of bob?

don johnson wrote:with a strong town player believing there is scum in the neighborhood, a 1-2 lynch can lose us the game. i'd rather we lynch outside the hood for scum first.
if we find scum today, then i have no issue with being lynched tomorrow
, however, the "one neighbor must be scum" fallacy should not be applied in this game because i am pretty sure xvart is not scum. lynching me today will place town in a very difficult position.

If mislynching both neighbours loses us the game as things stand, it still loses us the game even if we lynch scum today first and then do a 1-2 mislynch tomorrow and the following day. As such, I don't see why you are saying the bolded.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Parama »

It's not that I think there's one cum in the neighborhood due to that fallacy.
it's that I think there' one scum in the neighborhood because I have a strong scumread in the neighborhood <.<
Though neither neighbor being on the Zod wagon yesterday helps my theory anyways :/
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:46 am

Post by don_johnson »

imaginality wrote:
don johnson wrote:xvart is town based on his level headed posting. even though he made a case against bob(confirmed town), the case had merit and pointed out several inconsistencies in bobs play. also, and here's the kicker,
bob came after me early which is a bad play for scum.
the "one neighbor must be scum" fallacy is a common case, and if xvart was scum it would not be in his best interest to have me flip town.

I'm confused by the bolded (bob isn't scum). Did you mean xvart instead of bob?

yup. xvart came after me early.

imaginality wrote:
don johnson wrote:with a strong town player believing there is scum in the neighborhood, a 1-2 lynch can lose us the game. i'd rather we lynch outside the hood for scum first.
if we find scum today, then i have no issue with being lynched tomorrow
, however, the "one neighbor must be scum" fallacy should not be applied in this game because i am pretty sure xvart is not scum. lynching me today will place town in a very difficult position.

If mislynching both neighbours loses us the game as things stand, it still loses us the game even if we lynch scum today first and then do a 1-2 mislynch tomorrow and the following day. As such, I don't see why you are saying the bolded.

read the sentence after the bolded. i could still very well end up getting lynched today, but if i can help find scum i can perhaps convince others
not
to lynch me tomorrow either. if i help find scum and people still want me lynched, then i'd rather go out that way. it will at least leave town in a better position. xvart has time to contribute today.

are you going to post reads? i see you have five posts. my day is starting here so i'm not sure what else i'll get done this morning, but i am going to do a full reread with flips in mind and see where i'm at.

unvote

in the meantime.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:48 am

Post by don_johnson »

parama: both neighbors addressed why they were off the wagon yesterday. perhaps the other players off the wagon should be analyzed as i don't believe they ever addressed those issues(i think, would have to reread.) xvart made good points against bob and i clearly took the stand on my feelings towards yours and bobs connection. its not like either of us
avoided
the wagon. we addressed it, didn't we?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:54 am

Post by Parama »

and this is why I should be rereading, honestly. soooo lazy, I am.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:11 am

Post by xvart »

CooLskins, 307 wrote:Basically all zodiark has done is vote for the person that hammered yesterday. And built up a small case on bob for swingy on and off of wagons. He hasn't generated that much content, but he has said anything that is overtly scummy.

CooLskins, 310 wrote:I totally disagree with CooLDoG.

unvote; vote: zodiark

CooLskins, 342 wrote:@xvart, Its not a flip flop. Its bub's view on zodiark. I personally have a null read on him atm.

I think CooLskins is scum. His opinion of Zodiark was soft/vague enough to allow to vote him if it came to it, and when pressure/speculation was put on them about that post, the other head comes back "woah I totally disagree he's obvscum". This flip flop is highly indicative of a scum relationship with their buddy. And the excuse "ooohh we are hydra, it's cool bro" doesn't cut it.

CooLskins, 536 wrote:Don, let me tell you this. I could refute every single argument that you have made. I could point to your "case" on bob and show how you never quoted him, and how you never brought. However, I do not have the time to do so. Tomorrow I will.

Bub has told me that he has some thoughts. Specifically about having deflecting or something along those lines.

And this is a super scummy post by virtue of trying to get out from under suspicion before it builds any steam.

VOTE: CooLskins
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:22 am

Post by havingfitz »

OK...apologies for the slow start. v/LA and catchup have gotten in the way of play. Reading up today.

Based on what I read before yesterday's lynch and during last night, I am leaning away a bit from Parama being scum. Based on VCA and looking over Zodiark and xvart's ISOs (ie I did not see a lot of interaction between the two of them) my top suspect atm is xvart. He was one of only two people still alive on both the D1 and D2 mislynches (Parama was the other) but unlike Parama, he was off the Zodiark lynch. More to follow but for now,

VOTE: xvart
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:38 am

Post by don_johnson »

xvart wrote:
CooLskins, 536 wrote:Don, let me tell you this. I could refute every single argument that you have made. I could point to your "case" on bob and show how you never quoted him, and how you never brought. However, I do not have the time to do so. Tomorrow I will.

And this is a super scummy post by virtue of trying to get out from under suspicion before it builds any steam.

can you explain this one a bit more? i'm not really following what you're saying.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
CooLskins
CooLskins
Goon
CooLskins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:35 am

Post by CooLskins »

Okay Don, now you say that Parama is town because of the of the improbability of bobsnox tracking two different goons who didn't make the kill. That makes sense. However, yesterday you said that you thought parama was scum whether bobsnox was telling the truth or not. But now because bobsnox is telling the truth you believe Parama to be town. Do I get you right?

So that means that you lied.

If your case on Parama was totally based off of individual tells, then why did it change all of a sudden when bobsnox flipped town? And why is it that the
only
reason you give for Parama being town is totally based off of that fact?

Oh, and you were defending scum, whether he was flipped or not at that time is irrelavent because you knew who he was regardless.

-Bub
CooLskins
CooLskins
Goon
CooLskins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:39 am

Post by CooLskins »

But...

I think we should lynch fitz today. Despite DJ terrible contradiction, fitz takes the scummy pie today for creating a crap case on now-confirmed town to protect a scumbud. Interesting looking back how he said he "didn't really notice Zodiark" when Zodiark was the leading wagon. And yet he noticed Bobs who hadn't really done much up until the case was made against him. And Kondi's wanton L-1 on D-1 still rings fresh in my mind.

Seriously, why hasn't this slot been lynch yet?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Parama »

CooLskins wrote:I think we should lynch fitz today.

Humble Poirot wrote:
don_johnson (2)
- CooLskins,

<_______<
c'mon don't do this to me bro
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”