Newbie 1138 - Game Over! Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:57 am

Post by whilst »

dicknose wrote:
whilst wrote:I was 1% hoping you'd say something else, or someone else would say "omg whilst is scum because he said this", but no one did. The statement was pure BS, but really--no one else has called you out, I think you can safely answer your own question.

if you're fishing for reactions, you should probably go with it for more than one post.

Yeah, except that thinking requires being two steps ahead. I guess this segues: I'm hoping that's some part of Abel's strategy with his interrogation of IAI and DarkClaymore.
Honest Abel wrote:I'm going to do a quick ranking of players. Toward the top is more town, toward the bottom is more scum. Above the first line is town, between the two lines is neutral, and below the second line is scum. I'll also give blurbs later. Nobody special is obviously riding on Wickedestjr's laurels there, as neutral as they are.

dicknose
whilst
————————
Nobody Special
cavjj
————————
DarkClaymore
I Am Innocent

I can picture scumteam of either I Am Innocent & DarkClaymore or I Am Innocent & cavjj. On their own, though, DarkClaymore has been scummy and cavjj has seemed genuinely newbtown but should still be held with some suspicion for his actions.

If we're talking about mafia teams, I have a question I'd like everyone's thoughts on.
A question for the rest of the town:

Maybe the mafia duo is cavjj and Abel. Has anyone else defended cavjj other than Abel?
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Bricktoes »

Honest Abel wrote:
dicknose
————————
————————
Nobody Special
whilst
Honest Abel
cavjj
DarkClaymore
I Am Innocent

my verrsion.
down
and that's the way we get down
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Why would cavjj put me at L-1? Just to get scolded about it? Nah. He acted the same toward me as he acted toward BBmolla, who is confirmed town. I don't think a cavjj/Abel case will amount to anything, but go through it if you must.

Also, I didn't really intend to defend him. I intended to attack him to see how IAI and DC would act. The only thing you could call a defense of cavjj is me saying that I don't think he's actually as scummy as I originally made him out to be.

As to you hoping that looking for reactions is a part of my strategy to IAI and DC, it always was. The cavjj thing should now be obvious. Also, take a look back at my Deliberately Weak Argument and how IAI took the bait.
"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:31 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

dicknose wrote:
Honest Abel wrote:
dicknose
————————
————————
Nobody Special
whilst
Honest Abel
cavjj
DarkClaymore
I Am Innocent

my verrsion.

What is exactly the point of putting yourself on your own list...? :?
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

Looks like you're more concerned with making dicknose look stupid than in posting anything thoughtful or uncovering the truth.

VOTE: DarkClaymore
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by singersigner »

Vote Count 2.3

cavjj (2): DarkClaymore, whilst
DarkClaymore (1): Honest Abel
Honest Abel (0):
whilst (0):
dicknose (0):
I Am Innocent (0):
Nobody Special (1): dicknose

Not Voting (4): cavjj, I Am Innocent, Nobody Special

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Mod Notes:

Deadline is August 22nd, 2011 12am PST.
Last edited by singersigner on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

UNVOTE: DarkClaymore
VOTE: Nobody Special
:wink:, Singer.
down
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

So I guess we aren't hearing from Nobody Special today? This is bullshit.
down
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

He's been doing the same thing in my Open game. I wouldn't expect any input from him any time soon or ever.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

I think he's just trying to join every active game, not play in any of them.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

Okay, then I think we should discuss whether to lynch DarkClaymore or Nobody Special.
down
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

Unless we can get an IC who isn't modding three or four games aand playingg in five others.
down
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by DarkClaymore »

Honest Abel wrote:Looks like you're more concerned with making dicknose look stupid than in posting anything thoughtful or uncovering the truth.

VOTE: DarkClaymore

Putting yourself on the "cleared" side of your list can mislead others when they skim. Of course, it can always be either a joke or unintended mistake, but who can tell.

What makes it even stranger is the fact he based his list on yours and you didn't put yourself there. But he, for some reason, thought it is necessary for him to add himself on the top.

I'd really like him to answer that question.

@dicknose

Why did you do that?
And was that list even serious or you just wanted to say "I suspect everyone aside of myself"?
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

i was joking. i don't play to convince the skimming players, i play assuming everyone is reading everything i say attentively, as well they should.

i don't know how that would trick anyone skimming in any case. presumably they'd at least double check to see what the list was for, why it was formatted as such, and why or if someone was arguing a single townie game. i appreciate your help in settling the discussion at hand, though.
down
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Post by DarkClaymore »

dicknose wrote:i was joking. i don't play to convince the skimming players, i play assuming everyone is reading everything i say attentively, as well they should.

i don't know how that would trick anyone skimming in any case. presumably they'd at least double check to see what the list was for, why it was formatted as such, and why or if someone was arguing a single townie game. i appreciate your help in settling the discussion at hand, though.

So in the end you didn't do anything better than I did. I wonder why Abel always jumps on everything I post and says I'm not contributing while letting others slide. Tbh he reminds me of a certain player in the mafia game I was playing until recently. That guy tried to make me look stupid with each and every post I made. I was originally sure he is town, but after dying I learned he was scum...

And it can mislead people. True, you are supposed to double check but there's always the chance you'll miss it. Especially if it's the second or third time you are reading something and just skipping through most stuff.

dicknose wrote:Okay, then I think we should discuss whether to lynch DarkClaymore or Nobody Special.

What makes you think these are the only options?

And if you want to choose one of the two, you better go with me. Lynching an inactive only because he is inactive isn't exactly a good move as he might eventually be replaced with someone
active
. And it's not like you'll gain anything from lynching him. If he's town, you'll have less allies left and his death will teach you nothing new. If he is scum, it'll bring town closer to victory, but will also make the victory feel shallow (at least to me).
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:12 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

you're right, my one post of nothing equals your whole iso
down
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:31 pm

Post by DarkClaymore »

dicknose wrote:you're right, my one post of nothing equals your whole iso

You have posted quite the amount of useless posts yourself. Amazing how Abel actually considers you most likely townie while me most likely scum due to not contributing.
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:40 pm

Post by cavjj »

”Dark Claymore"1.
Umm... I haven't seen anything good yet. Still, I believe it is worth observing. Well, now maybe not since I already came and said this. It's just that Abel put too much effort into searching for why I'm scum, so I felt like I'm doing more harm than good atm.

Didn’t like this. Didn’t like this at all. The point of the game, from a town point of view is to search for scum. We will all suspect townies throughout the course of the game, but those players should be convinced of your alleged PT role and dissuaded from the lynch via argument, not just “You must be scum because I say I’m town and you’re still suspecting me"
That's why I believe many times weaker reasons are better to follow than the loud ones.

??? Why stay quiet then? Surely that way of playing would mean you would have to play in a more active role? Observing doesn’t (necessarily) help the town, especially when you add in this quote:

My point is. It's not like individuals don't hit scum in their speculating, it's just, when we need to lynch together, people just prefer to vote in agreement with others so that we can actually lynch someone. So in that example, people would have voted X because "everybody talk about him and seem to suspect him" rather than Y because "no one really seems to strongly suspect him".

In fact that was from the same post! So we all have to agree on our lynch, but you don’t want to join in the discussion just yet and keep observing? I’ll just threw in this little beaut by the way:
All you do by being too active as town is becoming night kill target.

So you say, discuss the lynch but be quiet. Eh? How many times can you contradict yourself in two posts?
Inactives aren't helping anyone. If anything, they only cause harm
And again

Yeah, sorry for sleeping while the thread is the most active.

No. Sorry. Not good enough. I am also away from the “regular” time zone. While I presume most players in this game are from the States, I’m from the UK. I’m also asleep when people are most active. Yes that means you can’t often have constant one on one discussions with people because you are both online at the same time, but this shouldn’t contribute towards activeness.
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

DarkClaymore wrote:

You have posted quite the amount of useless posts yourself. Amazing how Abel actually considers you most likely townie while me most likely scum due to not contributing.

alright. let's the two of us do a post recount of our own posts and each other's. i'll have mine up within twelve hours.
down
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Post by DarkClaymore »

cavjj wrote:
Didn’t like this. Didn’t like this at all. The point of the game, from a town point of view is to search for scum. We will all suspect townies throughout the course of the game, but those players should be convinced of your alleged PT role and dissuaded from the lynch via argument, not just “You must be scum because I say I’m town and you’re still suspecting me"

I... never said anything like this... :?
I didn't tell anyone to stop suspecting me. You
should
suspect me as I'm playing lynchbait. Technically, scum can also play lynchbait.

cavjj wrote:
??? Why stay quiet then? Surely that way of playing would mean you would have to play in a more active role? Observing doesn’t (necessarily) help the town, especially when you add in this quote:

My point is. It's not like individuals don't hit scum in their speculating, it's just, when we need to lynch together, people just prefer to vote in agreement with others so that we can actually lynch someone. So in that example, people would have voted X because "everybody talk about him and seem to suspect him" rather than Y because "no one really seems to strongly suspect him".

In fact that was from the same post! So we all have to agree on our lynch, but you don’t want to join in the discussion just yet and keep observing?

I don't see any solid discussion right now in which I can participate, and many times I just don't have something contributing to say either because it was already mentioned or because I simply... don't have it. And note how everything I say is blocked and called "weak" anyway. It's not like I'm staying quiet on purpose. I actually tend to play very actively in most games.

cavjj wrote:
I’ll just threw in this little beaut by the way:
All you do by being too active as town is becoming night kill target.

So you say, discuss the lynch but be quiet. Eh? How many times can you contradict yourself in two posts?

I never said to not discuss it. I just said that being awfully active and appear like a very hard protown worker isn't exactly the best way to stay alive for long. And Abel should understand this fact. Hence the fact he keeps playing with this style bothers me, even if he said he doesn't care about this stuff.

Inactives aren't helping anyone. If anything, they only cause harm.

Again. I compare VERY ACTIVE with VERY INACTIVE. I belong to neither of these groups and I explained what my opinion regarding those two extremes.

cavjj wrote:
And again
Yeah, sorry for sleeping while the thread is the most active.

No. Sorry. Not good enough. I am also away from the “regular” time zone. While I presume most players in this game are from the States, I’m from the UK. I’m also asleep when people are most active. Yes that means you can’t often have constant one on one discussions with people because you are both online at the same time, but this shouldn’t contribute towards activeness.

I said that because suddenly people started calling me inactive when they talked a lot as soon as N1 ended. What could I do? I was sleeping and then I wasn't at home. It's not my fault you just went and made lots of comments while I was away. By the time I came back I somehow turned into an inactive player for whom players vote with this reason.

dicknose wrote:
DarkClaymore wrote:

alright. let's the two of us do a post recount of our own posts and each other's. i'll have mine up within twelve hours.

That's... the most pointless thing to do. Posting more doesn't make you any better. And how exactly it came to posts counting when I was talking about making pointless posts...? :?
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:34 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

i'm talking about counting pointless posts. the criticism lobbied against you is that you've made mostly or only pointless posts. you're trying to assert that because i've made several such posts, that i am just as bad as you are or that you are just as good as i am. since the criticism is defined by a matter of degree, quantifying it should settle the matter.
down
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:46 pm

Post by DarkClaymore »

dicknose wrote:i'm talking about counting pointless posts. the criticism lobbied against you is that you've made mostly or only pointless posts. you're trying to assert that because i've made several such posts, that i am just as bad as you are or that you are just as good as i am. since the criticism is defined by a matter of degree, quantifying it should settle the matter.

We could do that, but I think it's really pointless. Also, I would have an advantage since I posted less than you.
All I said is that Abel seems to jump on every thing I write, even when it actually have sense and he just wants it to appear useless, while doing nothing to others like you who sometimes post obviously useless things. Like that joke on the list due to which I still not sure whatever I should or shouldn't treat seriously the rest of the it.

I just can't understand the logic in branding me scum and you town while the same reason could easily be used against both of us and for some odd reason is used only against me. If anything, at least make me scum and you neutral. Making you most protown like this just feels awfully off.
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

whatever, i'm tired. you've been trying to make everyone who criticizes you seem unreasonable, you're claiming to try to be lynchbait in what seems to be an attempt for sympathy, you haven't made a post not related to yourself or your defense in a long while. you're wishy washy, far worse than whilst, and contributing little to nothing besides continued remarks about how people should be doing less or how hard and pointless our situation in the game is. darky, you just plain aren't good for this. i'm bored of working towards this. whatever the outcome, i wish you had gone before anyone else in the game, and when you're gone i'll be glad.

Unvote Nobody Special. Vote DarkClaymore.
down
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:55 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

DarkClaymore wrote:All I said is that Abel seems to jump on every thing I write
he's done to several players, you aren't special.

I just can't understand the logic in branding me scum and you town while the same reason could easily be used against both of us and for some odd reason is used only against me. If anything, at least make me scum and you neutral. Making you most protown like this just feels awfully off.

that would be bad logic except 1.) that isn't the only reason against you and b.) i'm town.
down
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:59 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

for the recorddicknose
--------------------