killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:47 am

Post by killerjester »

Junpei wrote:Ahem. I forgot that easy targets are always town targets and that I should only ever "pick on" hard targets. Don't be ludicrous.

Izak should have at least said a couple sentences of how/why it changed his opinion on the matter. He never went into detail on his silver read pretty much agreeing with what others said. So this would have been a great time to state his opinion on BOTH lynches.

I'm not saying he's conftown because he's such an easy target. I'm saying you should ask for his couple sentences instead of labeling him scummy and dismissing him. At the end of the day, it's the only way to be fairly accurate. Afterall, he gave his scum read when we asked him for it. I'm pretty confident he'll do the same for anything you ask him.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Junpei »

No one else regularly goes into detail on every read they get, I didn't expect you to want me to. But this is now a derail so unless you see some purpose to this conversation(articulate it if you do) then we should cease.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

First things first, there is zero reason for ZeL1nK to say what he did last night. That is something to get past, unlike a informational role claim, there is very little reason, especially this early in the game for him to claim something like that without someone bringing up counterinfo. Other reason for a claim isn't worth the trade it would create.

Silver still is town. That play day one, not scum play. That claim is not scum claim. That slot is town, for sure. MoI is also town, as are pappum, junepi, Thad and KJ. PaB, vezok and Pine replacement are all probably town as well. ZeL1nK is honorary maybe member, if we get even one scum flip from one of a small group he is town.

Peregrine is still scum for what I brought up early. If you notice he responded to one of my points, and from there just has been ignoring what I said as other topics take center stage instead of him. I trust MoI enough to say andrew is a good lynch, although anyone who stops the silver lynch is essentially a good lynch as far as im concerned here. Would vote anypony apart from my five other town reads over him, other three depend on my mood but I think silver is town enough to nearly blind counterwagon there.

Death list is upgraded to: Peregrine, andrew, chkballin, Izak, DX and oversoul. In that order.

I would like quite a few ponies to give their opinions of Peregrine and chkballin. Preferably all the people on that final list.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by Pinky and the Brain »

ALIGNMENTS ARE RANDOMIZED YOU FUCKS. That means that there can damn well be two Town Neighborizers. Hell, there could be two mafia neighborizers.

unvote, Vote: izak

More likely scum than Silver imo.
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:09 pm

shit, that was diddin. so is this.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Pinky and the Brain wrote:ALIGNMENTS ARE RANDOMIZED YOU FUCKS. That means that there can damn well be two Town Neighborizers. Hell, there could be two mafia neighborizers.

Alignment randomized probably means all roles are crafted for an alignment then handed out, as in "Slot A and B are town nieghborizers, they go to *dice* Character A and Character B". Otherwise the game can unbalance way too easily.
You don't earn
loyalty
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by Junpei »

Pinky and the Brain wrote:ALIGNMENTS ARE RANDOMIZED YOU FUCKS. That means that there can damn well be two Town Neighborizers. Hell, there could be two mafia neighborizers.

Wait... wha...

You mean that the alignments were decided AFTER the roleset was made...? I don't understand I thought that a setup was made knowing which roles were mafi and which were town pregame (from mod's pov) but you're saying all roles could be any alignment in pregame and are randomized?

Cite your source!
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by chkballin »

There very well could be a Scum Neighborizor and a Town Neighborizor. Alignments are randomized, but there isn't a Town Godfather...you do not know if the mod had a role specifically for scum so that the set up is balanced. The randomization comes to which player gets which role. Do you have any proof that says there isn't a Scum Neighborizor role?

Also, I realize that we didn't address this whole ZeL1nK claim thing- For one, we don't like people threatening other players with being lynched. At that point you are attempting to pressure another player with the threat of the anger of the majority. No one player has that power. Right now, it isn't necessary that Zel1nK claims, it helps scum more than us anyway.
I want to believe, the truth is out there...
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:46 pm

Mod wrote:Character alignment will be randomly generated so anyone can be scum or town regardless of their on-screen persona (see Super-hero Large theme, Superman being scum) This is done to stop outguessing the mod and determining alignment based on role name.

-diddin
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

I am assuming Cherve is replacing out. I sent a message, and it was received but ignored when game opened. I have sent an official prod tonight. But since she is active all over the site but here, I will be seeking replacement.
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Banshee »

chkballin wrote:Right now, it isn't necessary that Zel1nK claims, it helps scum more than us anyway.

I endorse the above statement.
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by chkballin »

Pinky and the Brain wrote:
Mod wrote:Character alignment will be randomly generated so anyone can be scum or town regardless of their on-screen persona (see Super-hero Large theme, Superman being scum) This is done to stop outguessing the mod and determining alignment based on role name.

-diddin

NOTE THIS:

CHARACTER ALIGNMENT
will be randomly generated...meaning that any CHARACTER can be town or scum. ROLES like neighborizors aren't tied to a specific character.

The mod's note was to make sure that if people name claimed they wouldn't be assumed town just because they are Superman. I want to know what make you think that there isn't a scum neighborizor as a ROLE. Because Characters and Roles are different.
I want to believe, the truth is out there...
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Ugh

Mod came up with a list of 27 people and a 27 player game that was balanced.
Then the mod distributed the roles randomly.
Then the mod distributed character name randomly.

@chk - Thoughts on Peregrine, oversoul and Banshee?
@Banshee - Thoughts on Peregrine, oversoul and chck?
@Oversoul - Thoughts on Peregrine, Banshee and chck?
@Peregrine - You can guess who I want thoughts on. Also respond to the rest of my inital case if you can.
You don't earn
loyalty
hipaddict1
hipaddict1
Townie
hipaddict1
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by hipaddict1 »

Am i the only one who thinks MoI is more likely scum than andrew?
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Im going to venture out here and say yes.

The claims from MoI make him really likely town.
You don't earn
loyalty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

MoI is not scum neither is Rainbow
#freeShotty
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by killerjester »

MoI isn't even a neighborizer, but I also don't think he's scum.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by Banshee »

@hip: Yes.

@Rainbowdash:

PeregrineV is on my short list of probable scum, which includes in inexact and ever shifting order:

• Andrew
    Rodion
    Castle Bravo
    Silver
    Rainbowdash
    PeregrineV
    Meransiel
    Shotty
    Hiplop

This list is not fixed and people have earned their way off it (or onto it); Junpei is now more likely town than scum imo, for example.

Oversoul is in this game? SRSLY? No read. Scummy by way of lurking, I guess.

I think Chkballin is town. However, I have a list of about six people I think are certainly town and whom I trust more as a result. Not listing them here. Chkballin is not on that list.
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Pinky and the Brain wrote:
It's too bad a Junpei lynch is off the table, because oh man this deflection post is golden.

Who said he's off the table? Jun gives me horrible horrible vibes.

silverbullet999 wrote:
-Town
Junpei could be defending me because he knows i'm town and would win townpoints on my flip... he's more than a smart enough player to do that so give him a null if I'm the lynch.

:eek:

drmyshottyizsik wrote:MoI is not scum neither is
Rainbow

explain your town read on Rainbow.

I'd very much perfer a Silver (who lynch is being derailed AGAIN!!!) or Jun lynch today. Like wise I'd be happy with a Sotty, Cherve or hipaddict lynch.

Its possible that one of the neighborizers is scum, its also possible they are both town and while its much less of a possibility both could be scum but there was only one night kill so..
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Castle Bravo
Castle Bravo
Townie
Castle Bravo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Castle Bravo »

chkballin wrote:Andrew, is a puzzling player in the way that he is VI. I never know if he's just being ridiculous or if he's scum- given that their are supposedly two neighborizors I am betting that they both aren't town so I could get behind an andrew lynch.

VI - villiage idiot? That's what the wiki says but I want to confirm.

If so are you claiming that you are too dumb to read an idiot? You are a very confusing player.

Chkball, what's your read on rodion?

Do you think Andrew is a cult recruiter?
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

@chck - What is your current opinion on DX?
You don't earn
loyalty
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Over Soul (3) has been prodded
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Rainbow is obv town. Maybe more to me than anyone else.
#freeShotty
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:46 pm

chkballin wrote:
Castle Bravo wrote:Let's lynch rodion. He's scummy.

Not lynching Rodion right now, not a threat.

:confused.com:

izakthegoomba wrote:I've looked over this again, and with MoI's info, I think that andrew is scummier than silver.

VOTE: andrew

well hello thar scummymcscummerson plz2be answering this kthx
~ Hoppster
Rodion
Rodion
Goon
Rodion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Rodion »

Banshee wrote:A viable reason for someone to hide their identity is if they are being stalked or otherwise harassed online. And that, as I said previously, wouldn't be any of your business, would it?

Fair enough.

andrew94 wrote:@everyone you know how you demanded junpei's track. and he said vezok. what if vezok said he did go somewhere. who would you believe.

I'd personally believe Vezok. Regardless, a counterclaim is good because (I'm assuming bus drivers are really rare here, like Admiral told me):
a) we doubt the right person and find one scum
b) we doubt the wrong person and mislynch but find one scum the next day (or even vig tonight)

Question back at you, Andrew: what's the point in asking the question you just did?

Meransiel wrote:Can we get a prod on our lazy vig? Also still awaiting Rodion's response.

Meransiel wrote:It irks me that he "pretended" to have responded, tbh.

I beg your pardon?

Castle Bravo wrote:
Rodion wrote:I liked Pinky's observation
on Silver
not putting much effort in derailing Zinger's lynch. It does seem like he didn't need to do anything else after people took that as a VT softclaim. Spoiler on Goomba was also pretty funny, I laughed hard! ;)

I now have a scum read
on Shotty
because he:

1 - hammered Zinger without providing his reasons
2 - active lurking (posting a lot but without contributing, no reads - even though I asked him -, most posts are "one-liners"...)

I think that you're looking for an easy target to lynch again here, Rodion.

You have very little day-to-day consistency in your reads, which shows to me that the lynch you are happiest with is the lynch that gets the day over with.

What is the easy lynch you're referring to? Silver or Shotty?

I'm also irked by how shallow your "case" on me is (do not confuse that with OMGUSing everyone that attacks me as you'll see that was not the case when Banshee
actually
provided arguments). And, other than your shallow "case" on me, what else have you brought up to now?

Care to provide your top 5 scum reads? 2nd to 5th?

Castle Bravo wrote:
chkballin wrote:Andrew, is a puzzling player in the way that he is VI. I never know if he's just being ridiculous or if he's scum- given that their are supposedly two neighborizors I am betting that they both aren't town so I could get behind an andrew lynch.

VI - villiage idiot? That's what the wiki says but I want to confirm.

If so are you claiming that you are too dumb to read an idiot? You are a very confusing player.

Yes, VI stands for village idiot.

I don't think he claimed to be too dumb to read an idiot. The fact is that people who behave irrationally are unpredictable.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”