Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:06 am

Post by Twomz »

Actually i believe what TSA was doing is typically called a "Parody" or a "joke."

Mod: can we have a vote count?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:37 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, if we're doing lurker-hunting (and I think lurker hunting is probably a very good idea; we need to keep everyone participating if we're going to find the scum) then
vote:creampuffeater
. He's only posted twice; he first post he just voted for DG for "disagreeing with Fritz", and his second post didn't really say much of anything.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:38 am

Post by Norinel »

Things'll be busy over the next week or so; may not be able to get on as regularly, so if there's something urgent PM me and I'll get an e-mail. (Edit: Vote count corrections are probably not urgent)

Vote Count:

Mastermind Of Sin- 6 (LoudMouthLee, TheCesspit, JamesSparrow, Twomz, DrippingGoofball, neongrey)
DrippingGoofball- 3 (Fritzler, Fuldu, creampuffeater)
LoudMouthLee- 1 (tidus_of_zanarkand)
RandomActs- 1 (Thoth)
Fuldu- 1 (broomhead)
TheCesspit- 1 (TSAGod)
tidus_of_zanarkand- 1 (HezLucky)
creampuffeater- 1 (Yosarian2)

Not voting (
6): Dead Rikimaru, logicticus, Mastermind of Sin, Mini Neo, Mr. Flay, RandomActs

11 to lynch.
Last edited by Norinel on Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:46 am

Post by TheCesspit »

Twomz wrote:Actually i believe what TSA was doing is typically called a "Parody" or a "joke."

Mod: can we have a vote count?
It makes no sense. He's been lurking, and then votes for me as a lurker, where I've made several contributions, even they haven't been of the high level that others have had. I made my reasons clear in the post, and in previous posts I had been talking about other topics.

I'm interested in other's opinions on TSAGod.

I'm sorry my statement disturbs you. It's quite simple. I have had stick for being non-comittal and anti town. I had asked JamesSparrow about one of his votes, not undertsanding how it could be construed to be pro-town. It looked summy to me.

Instead I got a good answer on how exerting pressure via voting can help uncover scum. Follow the thread, it's there. I hadn't thought of it in this direction before. It makes sense. Once LoudMouthLee (*) started a 'pressure bandwagon' on MasterofSin, I thought it might help to show some commitment to the cause, and vote for a lurker.

Now, the way I figure it is this: if someone's not talking, then we can tell nothing about them. If they are town, then they aren't helping the town and thus might as well be anti-Town. I understood two of the general rules for Town where:

1) Don't lie.
2) Keep talking.

He's remiss in item 2. Hopefully I'm doing 2. I know I'm doing 1.

On other business:

LoudMouthLee : He's not down as voting first for MasterOfSin. This is a mistake surely? I'm not quite sure if he has any bandwagon will do attitude, more trying to get something from everyone.

DrippingGoofball : I get no feeling of bad guy from her.

HezLucky : I was worried about there comment "but its ultimately Tidus who I want to go after.", but on it was misread it, and it is consistent. I know I'm Town (natch), so therefore if the theory on linkage's is correct, Tidus and MasterOfSin are scumbuddies. This should also be kept an eye on.

Which means I'm happy to keep my vote where it is for the time being.

Tidus : See above.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:36 am

Post by HezLucky »

People, people

The theory of linkage doesn't apply unless we lynch Tidus...

Lynching one of hte other two and catching scum could just mean tidus is a town who caught a scum with an FOS.

Lynching one of the other two and catching town means nothing to us. Absolutely nothing.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:57 am

Post by TSAGod »

TheCesspit wrote:
Twomz wrote:Actually i believe what TSA was doing is typically called a "Parody" or a "joke."
It makes no sense. He's been lurking, and then votes for me as a lurker, where I've made several contributions, even they haven't been of the high level that others have had. I made my reasons clear in the post, and in previous posts I had been talking about other topics.

I voted for you as you tried to make voting for a lurker appear to prove your townieness. It doesn't work. And to prove my towniness after lurking for the first five pages, I called you on it.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:29 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Looks to me like Hezlucky is using some sort of sham theory to "go after tidus."

(1) If the theory is solid, and tidus is scum, would he have set up his scumbuddies in such an obvious manner?

(2) If the theory is not solid, is HezLucky simply framing tidus?

Mmmm... I like door #2.

unvote, vote: HezLucky

You can see why he'd be a top choice for Mafia recruitment.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:37 pm

Post by Fritzler »

LoudmouthLee wrote:
Fuldu wrote:Hez is saying that tidus's post seems suspicious, but that it doesn't really mean anything until we know the alignment of one of those three people. I'd argue that on Day One of a game without power roles, that's a reason to try to start a bandwagon on one of those three people, probably the center, tidus. But I think it looks more like just a mediocre and somewhat newbish post rather than actual ties between the three of them, so I'm disinclined to help him out in that direction.
So then, The DG wagon has pretty much stopped. This feel awfully similar to the 5 year game. I feel, since we have the time, we start a new bandwagon. My pick, although Tidus looks suspicious, is MoS. He sits here, cries about how great he is, and lurks. I dislike his play style immensely. However, when he's forced to post, he can give the town some well needed info. Let's give him a reason to come out and play. We can see if there's a connection between Tidus, MoS and Cesspit.

Unvote, but IGMEOY: DG and Vote: MoS

I urge everyone to do the same.

PS: I believe we have AT LEAST 1 scum in the group of Tidus, Cesspit, DG and MoS. If you don't agree, make me think otherwise. I still think DG made a booboo when she "semi-cleared" Fritzler, as stated in my pbpa, but since we stalled, I can wait.
ill do this

but DGB is the play later

unvote, Vote: MoS
Surfs up dude.
tidus_of_zanarkand
tidus_of_zanarkand
Townie
tidus_of_zanarkand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:00 pm

Post by tidus_of_zanarkand »

unvote

Ok. I don't see a massive need to go after LoudMouthLee right now.

There are seven votes looming over a person who has only posted once and it was only "*under the radar*"
vote Mastermind of Sin
You need to speak up.

He has had two whole days to check in and defend himself. Heck all he has to do is say something helpful and I will unvote him.

HezLucky, thats bad logic and you know it. Shame on you.
FoS HezLucky
EDIT (Jan 18, 2009) - I am no longer using this account. I have made a new one under the name Dr Pepper. I barely remembered enough to access this account. I will not be using this one anymore.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:54 pm

Post by HezLucky »

logic?

or a tell?

I'm happy with my vote.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
creampuffeater
creampuffeater
Virgin
creampuffeater
Virgin
Virgin

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:47 pm

Post by creampuffeater »

Wow this game has gotten much wierder....
Unvote DG, Fos: Tidus and TheCesspit
I think that TheCesspit is scummier, because I just dont understant where he is going with that pressure vote thingy, pressure votes always seem to work when I see them. Also the whole we are voting him for why he voted MoS seems like he tried to direct attention to MoS not himself. Tidus isnt much better, but I do not find him as scummy as TheCesspit. I will refrain voting for now uuntill I can better understand this crazy situation we are in.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:14 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

TheCesspit wrote:
It makes no sense. He's been lurking, and then votes for me as a lurker,
where I've made several contributions, even they haven't been of the high level that others have had. I made my reasons clear in the post, and in previous posts I had been talking about other topics.

I'm sorry my statement disturbs you. It's quite simple. I have had stick for being non-comittal and anti town. I had asked JamesSparrow about one of his votes, not undertsanding how it could be construed to be pro-town. It looked summy to me.

Instead I got a good answer on how exerting pressure via voting can help uncover scum. Follow the thread, it's there. I hadn't thought of it in this direction before. It makes sense. Once LoudMouthLee (*) started a 'pressure bandwagon' on MasterofSin, I thought it might help to show some commitment to the cause, and vote for a lurker.
TSAGod didn't vote you for the same reason you voted MoS
He voted you because you said you needed to show pro-town behavior.
He just said he was voting you to show pro-town behavior too to mock you.
It has been later explained by TSAGod himself, Fuldu and Twomz and your insistence in not understand (points to bold part of the quote) is even more suspicious than your initial post. Looks like your are trying to discard his theory by explaining why the joke is wrong. Not the real vote.

vote: TheCesspit
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:38 am

Post by TheCesspit »

creampuffeater wrote:Wow this game has gotten much wierder....
Unvote DG, Fos: Tidus and TheCesspit
I think that TheCesspit is scummier, because I just dont understant where he is going with that pressure vote thingy, pressure votes always seem to work when I see them. Also the whole we are voting him for why he voted MoS seems like he tried to direct attention to MoS not himself. Tidus isnt much better, but I do not find him as scummy as TheCesspit. I will refrain voting for now uuntill I can better understand this crazy situation we are in.
Sigh, I seem to be getting myself in difficulties, which really worries me in case I get lynched for it. However, if you feel that lynching me may allow you to uncover scum, thats fine.

I didn't understand Pressure Voting. I do now. I thought pressure votes of the -form- JamesSparrow stated his in was scummy. I have since learnt from several people my view was wrong, and I accept it.

LoudMouthLee then started a pressure vote on MasterOfSin. Having just grapsed the concept of the pressure vote, I went along with it, and stated that was my reason. I had also been accused of by non-commital and anti-town, so noted that as well. Perhaps I shouldn't have spelt it out.

TSAGod made a joke of it, which I didn't get. I still don't, and think there's been a lack of reading what I have contributed in the past by some people, or my failure to communicate effectively. I am not sure which.
Dead Rikimaru wrote: TSAGod didn't vote you for the same reason you voted MoS
He voted you because you said you needed to show pro-town behavior.
He just said he was voting you to show pro-town behavior too to mock you.
It has been later explained by TSAGod himself, Fuldu and Twomz and your insistence in not understand (points to bold part of the quote) is even more suspicious than your initial post. Looks like your are trying to discard his theory by explaining why the joke is wrong. Not the real vote.

vote: TheCesspit
So a second person whose been pretty quiet comes out and votes for me.

I feel well and truly mocked now.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:36 am

I personally find no reason to vote for theCesspit at this time. Sure, he was non-commital at first, but he has explained himself to my satisfaction.

I am way more worried about HezLucky framing Tidus. He's done it to me before. Making a mountain out of a molehill, whipping everyone into a frenzy to lynch a Townie, while sounding detached and supremely self-confident.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:42 am

Post by Twomz »

Sadly, making mountains out of molehills is a huge part of playing mafia. (since the other part is cop investigations and information roles... well, i guess you know where i'm going with this...)
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:46 am

Mmmm, yes, I see where you're going with this, but if it was anyone but Hez I would be on it, too. Know what I mean?

RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:51 am

Post by RandomActs »

I'm not against pressure voting on lurkers, but I'm hesitant to join. The only time I was mafia, I targeted lurkers to get a claim (eventually) and hoped they'd goof up in their defense. Then lynch them. I made a splendid case about how lurkers hurt the town, but I was scum all along. So, forgive me if I'm not swayed by the anti-lurking rhetoric. I've used it myself as scum.

Hez's linkage theory makes psychological sense to me. I'm going to have to think about it some more, and look more carefully at some posts. But as for now, I'm swayed enough to offer my

FoS: tidus
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:08 am

Post by neongrey »

I can appreciate that, Random, though it's hardly enough for a condemnation of all lurker-pressuring. (if nothing else, wth could someone claim in this game? "Oh, I'm scu... TOWN! TOWN!" :P ) Not that I think you were doing that, I just think it needs to be kept in mind.

But speaking of lurkers, where -is- MoS?
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:00 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

rofl, i can't believe it took until the bottom of page four for anyone to notice my post, which was in fact designed to MAKE people notice me. Unfortunately, I went on spring break on Friday, and I haven't had much time to check Mafiascum, so I was unable to post until now. I'm glad that my action helped to get the discussion going, though. Much better than a random vote. I think I'll start doing that in every large game :)
Permanent V/LA.
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:02 am

Post by neongrey »

There was a...

blargh. I just have no brain. Either way,
unvote
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:26 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I personally find no reason to vote for theCesspit at this time.
My reason to vote him has nothing to do with his remark on trying to look pro-town.
I'm voting him because TSAGod voted him presenting an argument and making a joke.
theCesspit has been constantly ignoring the argument and defending from the joke.
Also, note how he tries to discredit me saying:
So a second person whose been pretty quiet comes out and votes for me.

I feel well and truly mocked now.
As if my the arguments of people who do not post a lot were less worthy, as if they were reading less too.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:08 am

Post by TheCesspit »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:I personally find no reason to vote for theCesspit at this time.
My reason to vote him has nothing to do with his remark on trying to look pro-town.
I'm voting him because TSAGod voted him presenting an argument and making a joke.
theCesspit has been constantly ignoring the argument and defending from the joke.
Okay, the arguement is that a lurker-vote does not make you pro-town? I thought I'd gone through this. I am well aware that a lurker-vote ON IT'S OWN does not make one pro-town. But nor does commenting on making a lurker vote make one pro-town.
As if my the arguments of people who do not post a lot were less worthy, as if they were reading less too.
That wasn't my comment. I just feel it's odd that two people who've contributed very little have voted for me, with little else to add apart from commentary on my actions. No-one elses.

Your lack of comments makes no value assumption on the argument contain within. Reading lots and commenting little looks the same as reading little and commenting little. This doesn't mean your scum or town, but I fail to see how it's -helpful-.

Which was is my attack on both arguements.

unvote

Finger Of Suspicion : Dead Rikimaru, MasterOfSin

Tactic: Pick the weakest arguement around, smell inexperience and attack that one person. Which is looks to be me. As stated earlier, if I'm lynched, hopefully it'll not be in vain as it will show up Scum.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:09 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:rofl, i can't believe it took until the bottom of page four for anyone to notice my post, which was in fact designed to MAKE people notice me. Unfortunately, I went on spring break on Friday, and I haven't had much time to check Mafiascum, so I was unable to post until now. I'm glad that my action helped to get the discussion going, though. Much better than a random vote. I think I'll start doing that in every large game :)
So...your plan was to act really scummy in order to get everyone talking about how scummy you were?

Anyway, creampuff's posting more now, so
unvote:creampuff
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:50 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Errr, without obviating any of my prior suspicions or delivering that promised analysis just yet,
Vote: Mastermind of Sin
. Without a power role, someone who doesn't talk is less than useless, they're actually hindering the game. So either you're scum, or you're dead weight.

And yes, I've gotten on you about this before (ever since Guitarists, I think), but it applies even moreso in this game because you can't possibly have the "I was protecting my copness" defense. Post or Perish.
Retired as of October 2014.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:06 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah....MoS has now posted twice, but still hasn't offered any kind of analysis, or suggestions, or any real content. If you're "back from spring break" or whatever now, MOS, I'll give you a day or two to catch up, but if you haven't started posting a lot more then you have so far this game, and started posting some real content, I'll be glad to join the bandwagon on you and push for your lynch, especally as the other two people I considered to be lurkers, Dead Rikimaru and creampuff, have started to post a little more now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”