xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:27 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

No, because as I've already pointed out eleventyfuckingbillion times, I have more cases of me taking a backseat in games than I do cases of me leading the town or being in control. Those are rare anomalies that make me
obvoius
town; but my general meta is more passive.
green shirt thursdays
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Hoppster »

xRECKONERx wrote:We're not debating if being a strong, vocal leader is a tell. I'm stating that the Hoppster I've seen in other games has been MUCH more reserved and shy and timid, and he's been town all the other times. It's also CRUCIAL for scum to be at least somewhat in control in this game, since the watcher/vig combo can devastate them.

I'll assume that you're talking about LIPD Mafia and Psychic Mafia because I'd say that those are the only 2 of my 7 completed town games (excluding my first ever Newbie game for obvious reasons) that fit 'reserved and shy and timid'. In both of those games, I was intimidated by the playerlist, which included players who have been playing much longer than I have, players who are much better than I am, and players who have played with each other several times before.

Wiki page for town games.

The most obvious counter-examples from those would be AGGoGSaI Mafia (in which I aggressively tunnelled town Day 1) and Open 310 (in which I set out from the onset to lead but in hindsight fucked up).
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:40 am

Post by whispersilk »

Ok, seriously tho fellas, if you were vig, who would you kill tonight?
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:41 am

Post by whispersilk »

tbh, I want to go with my gut again, but I'm scared of hitting the watcher.
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
hahonryuu
hahonryuu
Goon
hahonryuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:06 am

Post by hahonryuu »

Well I wont go further than pointing to the direction of who my top scum reads were before since outright directing your kill to a definite person seems like a bad idea as i stated before. Just...I dunno. *sigh* directing your kill lets mafia work around it. Just keep in mind everything everyone has said thus far combined with your own feelings. Then hit the person you think is the strongest scum read in your opinion. I realize you are scared of hitting watcher but considering watcher would be dumb to claim at this time, that chance is there whether we tell you what to do or whether you go with gut. after all pretty much everyone but yourself has had fingers pointed at them by someone...meaning one of us suspects the watcher anyway. so listening to us isn't exactly any safer. Just hit who you think has the best case against them :)
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:20 am

Post by scooby »

quote="xRECKONERx"]We're not debating if being a strong, vocal leader is a tell. I'm stating that the Hoppster I've seen in other games has been MUCH more reserved and shy and timid, and he's been town all the other times. It's also CRUCIAL for scum to be at least somewhat in control in this game, since the watcher/vig combo can devastate them.[/quote]
Reck is definitely not watcher so I say he is a good vig option.

The apathy can only come from vanilla or scum and he knows the watcher-vig combo is powerful so I really don't get his apathy.

So he is scum.
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:22 am

Post by scooby »

Fucking quotes:
xRECKONERx wrote:We're not debating if being a strong, vocal leader is a tell. I'm stating that the Hoppster I've seen in other games has been MUCH more reserved and shy and timid, and he's been town all the other times. It's also CRUCIAL for scum to be at least somewhat in control in this game, since the watcher/vig combo can devastate them.

Reck is definitely not watcher so I say he is a good vig option.

The apathy can only come from vanilla or scum and he knows the watcher-vig combo is powerful so I really don't get his apathy.

So he is scum.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:37 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

scooby, you're wrong.

I'm apathetic because I'm burnt out, and this game really didn't hold my interest nearly as well as I thought. Check Paris Mafia II -- I was absolutely terrible there, too. Something about this setup just grates on me, and I thought it'd be different this time... nope.

And who said I'm not watcher? You seem highly confident in that.

We're not discussing vig options anymore. whispersilk, vig whoever you feel is scum. It's that simple.
green shirt thursdays
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Maruchan »

softclaim harder?
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by scooby »

xRECKONERx wrote:scooby, you're wrong.

I'm apathetic because I'm burnt out, and this game really didn't hold my interest nearly as well as I thought. Check Paris Mafia II -- I was absolutely terrible there, too. Something about this setup just grates on me, and I thought it'd be different this time... nope.

And who said I'm not watcher? You seem highly confident in that.

We're not discussing vig options anymore. whispersilk, vig whoever you feel is scum. It's that simple.

Not only you tried to direct the vig twice before, trying to bring disorder and wifom to this choice.

You said that the watcher-vig combo was powerful. If you were the watcher, you wouldn't be apathetic and be a liability to the town. That's why you are either vanilla or scum. Personally I think that this softclaim means you should die.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Final Day 2 Votecount:

DonJosh - [5] - Hoppster, xRECKONERx, Maruchan, whispersilk, racerman13

xRECKONERx - [1] - scooby
Hoppster - [1] - DonJosh

Not Voting - [1] - hahonryuu

The lynch candidate in
red
text is the player that would be lynched if deadline hit right now.

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch or 4 to no-lynch.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

DonJosh, Vanilla Townie, was lynched day 2.

It is now night 2. All players with night actions have 72 hours from the time of this post to submit them to me.

Deadline: (expired on 2011-09-04 20:13:21)
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:52 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

hahonryuu, Mafia Goon, was killed night 2.

scooby, Watcher, was killed night 2.

Day 3 starts now. With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch and 3 to no-lynch. Go!

Deadline: (expired on 2011-09-19 13:12:17)
-Wickedestjr
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Maruchan »

yay for 1 dead goon
Show
Join Now!

whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:05 am

Post by whispersilk »

rip scooby
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:11 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

AWWWW YEAH FUCKIN' CALLED THAT SHIT.
Awesome shot whisper :D

scooby was obvwatcher though, goddammit. I tried to breadcrumb it to draw a kill. So here's the deal:

If we lynch today and we're wrong, whispersilk cannot shoot tonight and she gets killed anyway, leaving us with 3p lylo tomorrow.

If we don't lynch today, whispersilk gets to shoot tonight and she gets killed anyway, still leaving us with 3p lylo tomorrow.

So basically we can vigvote or realvote today and we're going to get the same result anyway.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 118, hahonryuu wrote:reckner: after some ISOing in the beginning you didn't think maru was mime. in fact you called those calling for it jerks. you changed your mind for it later, but perhaps this was just a way to go with the crowd? to look like one of "the guys"? i agree with whoever said you were either scum or mime, but i think im leaning towards scum since my only real thought process for mime in this case is WIFOM <curse you mime and how you invite endless WIFOM!>

whisper: plz say more :(. can't get a read on someone who's not here.

racer: posts a bunch of nonsense then lists his top 2 suspicious players...and votes without saying what about them he finds suspicious. worse yet, in a game like this people could be TRYING to act suspicious so they CAN get lynched because they are mimes. now, im not saying dont vote...but to vote without even discussing why? that in of itself seems suspicious. i think im putting this guy on my mime list.

maru: on one hand, its a super early game post so i almost want to ignore it based on that alone...but on the other hand it DOES sound like he's trying TOO hard to make us think he's not mime. but at the same time, what he did was almost TOO suspicious <though at the same time for some reason my brain wants to ignore it completely for being so...i dunno> it seems like everything he's done on some level has invites the use of an all caps "TOO". so extreme it either must be true or must be the opposite of what he says. my feelings are that he's definitely town or mime. scum wouldn't so blatantly try to look like a mime since then they just get hit by Vig and die anyway. so I almost kinda wanna say mime like the rest of you...but at the same time I believe what he says is sincere because think of it like this...mimes want to be lynched, correct? well while he MIGHT have said something that may or may not be "mime" worthy, he certainly hasn't said anything, to my mind, that screams scum...if he doesn't appear scum, he doesn't get lynched. no lynch, no win for mime. I say that
for now
we leave him be. now if he starts giving off scum tells...then he should get hit by vig. unless i missed something. if so then please correct me.

hoppster: agree with his original vig choices 100%, though i would probably add kanye to it as of now. he explains himself well enough. perhaps a bit aggressive in that last post, but aggression in of itself isnt really a bad thing. like my point about confidence, its one of the ways things get done in this game. so i like it. im thinking town for now. though aggression can potentially lead to bad places, so we'll see.

overall opinions

empking: null leaning town

hoppster: town

kanye: leaning mime

kondi: town

maru: town for now until he becomes scummy. if he becomes scummy, he's a mime.

milkshake: town...a french speaking town so not as trsutworthy <^_~> but town.

racer: i would bet my left nut he's mime...or bad mafia

scooby: so inactive it hurts. with the lack of explanation he seems to be a <i dont mean this as a personal attack, so dont take it as such> but i think he's posting a bit like a tool. so im thinking another one thats either mime or scum. but not gonna lie, im mostly null on him. posts too little to be really strong in any direction.

whisper: lives up to her name cuz i cant hear her. hmm...she's not talking. you know who else doesnt talk? MIMES! kidding aside, i got nothing.

reck: scum or mime
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:17 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Just a bit of early-game reading... he tells whispersilk (confirmed town) to post more because he can't get a read on her. Worth nothing he also said the same thing about scooby. He says I'm scum for my joke posts at the start of the game. He says a lot of words about Maruchan that I don't care to read (basically calling him mime). He says he agrees with Hoppster's vig choices and calls him town.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:23 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 324, hahonryuu wrote:so, long story short, my top choices are
-racer
-reck/hopp

Well, shit. This is probably a softbus if I've ever seen one, which would make Maruchan town and would make the final scum either racerman13 or Hoppster.

Urgggh, then there was Maruchan's superbad hop onto my YEAH VIG RECK wagon D1.

-_-

Gut is telling me it's racerman13/Hoppster, but there's also that nagging little suspicion of Maruchan in the back of my mind. I need to do a full reread of this game, but it's probably not going to happen given how fuckin' slammed my schedule is for the next week (and my League of Legends addiction).

hahonryuu was actually very subtle as scum, which is surprising and refreshing for a newbie, but also makes it very hard to draw connections.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:24 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Hmmm, I could've sworn hahonryuu had his vote on me at some point, but I guess not.

He was pushing for me pretty hard but there wasn't a vote.
green shirt thursdays
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:15 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 492, xRECKONERx wrote:He says a lot of words about Maruchan that I don't care to read (basically calling him mime).

This basically sums up what I thought when I read the quote
Show
Join Now!

whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:32 am

Post by whispersilk »

I spent over an hour reading everyone's ISO's, and decided on racer. I typed out the pm to wicked, and then stared at it for ages, read some more ISO's, then deleted racers name and typed hahonryuu. I read some more, changed it back to racer again. I dunno how many times I ended up flipping between them, but I finally settled on racer. I hit what I thought was the submit button, only to have the pm show up in preview mode. I felt relieved, lol, and changed it back to hahonryuu before hitting submit for realz.

I think we can lynch the other goon today. All we have to do is read. It's all there in his posts, we just have to figure out how they would have chosen to play.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:37 am

Post by whispersilk »

btw, if we mislynch today, I will be very tempted to take a shot tonight.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Hoppster »

VOTE: Maruchan

Went through my ISO and collected a bunch of quotes that when put together are a case of sorts. Quotes conveniently break it down into seperate digestable points. Some of the less relevant stuff has been taken out.
Spoiler: Collection of my points against him (all quotes mine)
Maruchan case

• Voting kondi despite thinking the case on him is idiotic
  • This flailing post in response to me catching the above oh jeezus this post is awful. It's an attempt to discredit me but rather bizarely he discredits me using stuff that is completely pulled out [of] his ass.
  • (To be confirmed upon Kondi scumflip) kondi's last post is obvobvdistance from Maruchan

Maruchan wrote:
Anyways, Hoppster is scum. IDK his partner, but hoppster is scum.

best scum-claim yet

>> Voting kondi
>> OMG Hoppster is scum with mystery partner!!!!!!!!!!! (actually he's scum with scooby becoz scooby has a town-read on him hehehe)

Maruchan wrote:As fer my vote? I liked the idea that Reckoner proposed, and I liked the vig's idea, so I am following the vig. thats why my vote is where it is, and where yo usay you want yours to be, but isn't there.

wait what

thanx for claiming scum yet again

their 'idea' was Night Action related and has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LYNCH FOR TODAY

Maruchan wrote:
Hoppster wrote:You were accusing me of being either scum or an idiot - why have you dropped the scum accusation?

Why did I drop the scum part? Cuz now I just think you're an idiot
, which is what you'l plead when you see my flip.

Maruchan wrote:
My two biggest scum reads right now are Hoppster
[...]

Hoppster wrote:
Maruchan wrote:MY BAD!!!
IGNORE ME!!!

^^^ scum worried about his mistake being pushed as a scumslip

And in addition to that:

Maruchan wrote:See what I mean how he pushes everything as scummy? How is me apologizing for confusing games at all scummy?

^^^ scum caught for wrong reasons

I've had a brief look at Maruchan-hahonryuu connections using the nifty new multi-ISO feature, and admittedly there's nothing that sticks out as super-incriminating. This struck me as a slightly awkward interaction, but I think that's probably confirmation bias on my part.

whispersilk wrote:btw, if we mislynch today, I will be very tempted to take a shot tonight.

I would actually support this. You've by FAR been the best player and you've shown twice that your individual decision is better than the town's collective decision.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:37 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

What are those two times she's shown that?

I mean to be fair, shooting tonight with a mislynch wouldn't be terrible because then this game wouldn't have to go on another day. I kinda wanna lynch racerman, though... I think Hoppster trying to goad whispersilk into shooting for a quick scum victory if wrong is terrible and incriminates him as well. I just don't see Maruchan scum, but at this point I'd probably hammer anybody besides whispersilk because tomorrow is going to suck dick anyway.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Open Games”