Post Apocalyptic Mafia - Mini 1226: Over!

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:33 am

Post by Magua »

Town
----
Gaoth
Nicodemus
Fate (le sigh)

Scum
----
xvart
Hinduragi
Regfan

Oh, I'm already voting xvart. How convenient.

@Palisade:
You double and triple check your code; the extraneous vote and unvote tags shows that you're not even bothering. If you don't start giving two shits about what goes into your messages, I will happily lynch you today, cop claim or no.

@Wraith:
He's calling xvart, Wraith, AurorusVox, Gaoth, Nicodemus and Regfan WONGTOWN (which I assume is how you spell WRONGTOWN in whatever remedial class TwistedSpoon is currently in), and asks Nicodemus, Zajnet, Xvart, AurorusVox to post in COMEVPOST (or maybe he wants to COMPOST them because he's the serial killer, who the fuck knows?)
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Wraith »

Don't most of us have a Regfan-scum read in common?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Fate »

Hindu?

SCUM?

Lol who did you replace

Othatsright
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Magua »

Will happily switch the positions of you and Hindu on my reads if you'd prefer, Fate.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:45 am

Post by Fate »

YES PLEASE.

If I'm scum I can't be NKd right?

HhehahahahHEHEHAAHA
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Slaxx »

Votecount 1.10

xvart(4)
: Aurorusvox, Regfan, CSL, Magua
Nicodemus(3)
: Hinduragi, Palisade, Wraith
CSL(3)
: Nicodemus, Fate, Diddin
Wraith(2)
: Zajnet, Gaoth
palisade(1)
: xvart
Gaoth(0)
:
AurorusVox(0)
:
Regfan(0)
:
Magua(0)
:
diddin(0)
:
Zajnet(0)
:
Hinduragi(0)
:
Fate(0)
:
Not Voting:

7 is a majority.
Deadline is in (expired on 2011-09-07 20:00:00)
Gaoth is on V/LA until 9/05.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:01 am

Post by xvart »

Labor Day. Should have a post tonight.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:06 am

Post by Slaxx »

Deadline is in two days btw. Just figured I'd reiterate. This is plurality lynching too.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Magua »

In post 329, Fate wrote:YES PLEASE.

If I'm scum I can't be NKd right?

HhehahahahHEHEHAAHA

Well, if you're going to be scum, you
should
need to get around to bussing xvart soon.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Wraith »

Goddamit. Indecisive town is indecisive.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by Fate »

I already waas bussin Xvart. He put up great resistance.

CSL mislynch fodder can go first LOL
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 317, Hinduragi wrote:Let's get this started off with one main point everyone should know: there is such a thing as town flailing and scum flailing.
The point of this commentary is what? What is your assessment?

Hey, Palisade. Not that it matters since your post restriction is fake and there are no parameters for your restriction and no penalty for breaking it even if there were, but it might help if you actually tried to communicate. You know, something like this:
VOTE: Hey
VOTE: My
VOTE: Restriction
VOTE: Is
VOTE: Fake.
VOTE: I am scum.

In post 323, Regfan wrote:Are you seriously attempting to imply that Palisade-scum claimed cop in hope to out the legitimate cop and trade themselves 1v1 because people suspected their posting restriction was fake in a mini where it's 3 scum maximum? There was minimal danger of them being lynched EVEN when their posting restriction wasn't being believed, the amount of other players suspected wouldn't have made claiming cop as mafia ideal nor likely. Is it stupid to claim, yes. Does them claiming mean that they're mafia, fuck no. Seriously read through Mastins games if you want to look at stupid claiming, attempting to continuously push that their claim makes them mafia is stupid. We're not testing a cop claim D1, not happening and you need to stop attempting to push it.
My point is there is more scum motivation for claiming cop under those circumstances at that game state than there is town motivation. Plus, the part that seems to be overlooked is that they are making no effort to help AT ALL; which is indicative of scum faking post restrictions. Scum use post restrictions as a way to not help. Town find ways to help. Seriously, how hard would it be to once every two or three days (which seems to be their posting frequency) to actually spend some time to make sure their minimal message was actually accurate? We've had at least two messages that were unreadable and a few others that had no message at all.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by xvart »

I referenced Andy earlier in SoS mafia and I finally went back and dug this up as it is much more concise and a better way to say it:
In post 3151, Andrius wrote:Seriously, guys, if you've ever played with a PR its not that different from playing normally. It doesn't change how you scumhunt, or how often you post, or how much content you post. It only changes HOW you post. Cow was still active lurking, not contributing, and hardly ever voted late-game.
I only read quote walls.

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by Gaoth »

Back from the weekend. Catching up.
Show
Gaoth rhymes with Breath.

"Thanks for being a breath of fresh air Gaoth." - Regfan

Why Slaxx is the best mod ever
tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Town Record: 2-0
Scum Record: 0-1
Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by Gaoth »

@Diddin
In post 288, diddin wrote:Hey Gaoth, why am I scum?

Hmm. Reevaluted at your request. Basically, the scum points you have garnered are based off you vote hopping, which seems similar to our pasts games. But this :down:
In post 87, diddin wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:Meh. I don't see Fate's posts as anything other than very Fate-like so far. Obviously it's a style difference, but the preliminary gut reads that I get on page two usually don't enter the thread as "______ is town", as if it was a definite read.

How I see it: you're buddying up to Fate by calling him town when there's no real reason to do so. And now you're hiding behind the tried and true gut excuse, which means you don't really have anything to go on. Sorry, but that isn't gonna cut it for me.

Vote: CSL

^ This is a good vote.

Regfan wrote:Good playerlist with the exception of
Magua
Gaoth who is a noob. I actually have a lot less town reads than I expected a more scum-reads than normal. I was holding of in posting hoping that the SaM wagon would naturally fade away and I'd get reactions based of it but no one seems to be moving. The wagons crap, it's player style hatred driven rather than anything else get of your asses and actually vote scum today.

Thoughts so far:

- Gaoth is town, he wouldn't come in disagree with the leading wagon and attempt to attack a good proportion of the room as scum.
- Fate is probably town but seems to be stuck in a loltunnel already, come on bro get out and join me on a scum lynch.
- Nicos questions directed towards CSL and Zajnet are entirely fluff and read as an attempt to look as if he's scum hunting.
- CSL actually provided a read for the first time in forever, he's probably town.
- Diddins vote on SaM is exactly like Scum-diddin from Any Band and Superhero mafia. He might actually be the easiest player on the site to read.

Vote: Diddin

It's been a day and you're accusing people of lurking? For Christ's sake. The SaM wagon vote was to draw reactions, and I got a scum reaction out of you.

Zajnet wrote:Wait, what? Voting the mod was a joke because his signature is incorrect. Votes for the mod are never counted barring a bastard game or something...

And I didn't vote for Fate because I didn't see him as scummy, just incredibly annoying.

And if you want to see how experienced I am, the wiki button below my avatar will show you. I'm fairly well experienced, but I'm not by any means a good player, lol.

This guy's trying WAY too hard to be town.

Don't see Timeater scum. I'd lynch CSL, Regfan, or Zaj at this point.

Unvote Vote: CSL

Nico has lurked and flaked in every game he's been town in that I've played in or modded, so I'm a little wary of the slot for now.

was a great post, I didn't note how town it was until reread. Consider yourself moves to Nulltown if only for the way you came in and told Reg to shove it.

In post 324, Wraith wrote:FUCK weekends, time flies. I can't really understand what Palisade's trying to say this time.

In post 326, Wraith wrote:Don't most of us have a Regfan-scum read in common?

In post 334, Wraith wrote:Goddamit. Indecisive town is indecisive.

Fluff, proddodging, not helpful, costing to deadline. Shouldn't you be trying to convince people to lynch Nico, or voting someone else? Someone's just trying to make it through the day.

HEY FATE BRIGADE? Since it's obvious your leader no longer has interest in Xvart (today) and Wraith is obviously more scummy than CSL, how about you come over here?
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Fate »

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TRYING TO COMMONDERE MY BRIGADE YOU FUCK?

NO SHIT WRAITH IS SUCMMIER THAN CSL HE'S POSTED MORE AND HES AN IDIOT.

CSL IS SCUMMIER EVERYTIME HE POSTS WHICH HE LIMITS SEVERELY BECAUSE.

OH YEAH.

HES FUCKING SCUM
Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by Gaoth »

In post 340, Fate wrote:WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TRYING TO COMMONDERE MY BRIGADE YOU FUCK?

NO SHIT WRAITH IS SUCMMIER THAN CSL HE'S POSTED MORE AND HES AN IDIOT.

CSL IS SCUMMIER EVERYTIME HE POSTS WHICH HE LIMITS SEVERELY BECAUSE.

OH YEAH.

HES FUCKING SCUM

I LOL'ed.
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:23 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Caps or not, Fate's right.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Regfan »

Getting to this game in the morning, got to read through something for a friend first and then get some sleep. Upcoming deadline means everyone needs to try and be as active as they can for the next 2 days. Magua, I'd love an explanation for your Hiind scum-read and while you're at it your reads on Zajnet, Wraith and CSL as well.

@ Mod -
The VC isn't
even close to
right at the moment and CSL is due for a prod please.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:16 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Fate.
Do you think your entire xvart case crumbles because of a "mistake" that wasn't even a mistake? What you were saying was right in spirit. Why are you letting it drop so easily?

Thoughts on a CSL-xvart connection?

Hindu.
Thoughts on xvart scum cases? Wraith?

@rest of game, very busy atm so I'll try to get a meatier post out at some point.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:23 am

Post by CSL »

I was V/LA from playing this past weekend due to LABOR DAY SHENANIGANS.

I'd vote Wraith, but then I'd be lynched by plurality. To me, that's about as useful as a self-hammer.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:27 am

Post by Fate »

Don't get me wrong Xvart's scum, but just look at these posts:
In post 293, xvart wrote:
Hinduragi, 281 wrote:The flailing isn't related to me being lazy. I'm just lazy in general.
No. They are connected; you said: xvart can keep flailing but if anything we keep him around
because
I'm too lazy to decode what palisade is saying". What does your inability or lack of desire to decode what Palisade is saying have anything to do with keeping me around despite my alleged flailing?

AurorusVox, 292 wrote:So that means IFF he's right that I'm town, you want to see me lynched. Hurrdurr.
You really want to keep arguing this? It's making you look petty and desperate. IF he's right that you're town, the operative word being IF. I don't believe he is right (that much should be painfully obvious) therefore you are not cleared of town because so-and-so player thinks you're town. It's unconfirmed third party information with no supporting evidence. If he wants to provide me with evidence to show all the games you guys have played together and all the times he's called you town and you have been town and the games where you were scum and he was town and he couldn't read you as town he is free to do so.

AurorusVox, 292 wrote:If -YOU- don't think Zajnet was a justified lynch, if you're going off what -I- think, then why the hell are you judging the Wraith vote as unjustified? You can't have it both ways. I have a legit reason for voting both fmpov. You've either gotta accept that or admit that you're judging it on your own basis.
Because I'm assessing your motivations based on what you have typed, posted, and said. Scum can vote for justified reasons just as much as town can vote for justified reasons. Your vote on Wraith is horrible based on the reason you stated for voting Zajnet originally. You jumped ship on a stated justified reason to vote someone
because people other than the person you were voting were behaving scummy

AurorusVox, 292 wrote:The fact you're hovering between the two makes you scum.
The fact that you are just now bringing this up is convenient now that other people are voting me and not before when you still thought I was town.

AurousVox, 292 wrote:Not really. IF CSL ever gets mislynched then your "lolthreescum" comes into play. It doesn't require you to push his lynch, but you're setting up for the future.
Weren't you basically saying the same thing? Everyone on the CSL wagon at the time were people you were most suspicious of when you voted Wraith to test these people. You never denied that you thought these people were pushing a counterwagon to scum Wraith after you decided he was definitely scum because of the people on the CSL wagon refusing to vote for Wraith.

Palisade
:

The claimed cop with a fake post restriction. Let's look at this objectively.
He claimed "cop" with a sum total of zero votes on him (Fate had just removed his vote). There had been discussion on lynching Palisade from AV to Fate. What benefit is there to claim cop with zero votes placed? And strangely enough nobody has been able to generate a town reason for this claim at this time of the game. The scum benefit of claiming with a fake restriction is that he is going to go down sooner or later and with the limited discussion about lynching him based on his fake post restriction he could have realized he was going down sooner or later and possibly sooner so he claimed a role with two possible outcomes:
  1. There would be no counter claim and he could go on his merry way;
  2. There would be a counter claim and the real cop would be outted to be killed during the night.

Furthermore, Palisade has not made any effort to communicate anything since his claim. His only messages since his claim (Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:44 pm) are:
  1. Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:51 pm - no message
  2. Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:22 am - no message
  3. Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:38 am - scum in ozt scum???
So, if he was town, he has now unnecessarily claimed, waited three and half days to post no message, and waited two more days to post a message that doesn't make sense. It's obvious he is sitting back and riding the fake cop claim for all it is worth while everyone else gets distracted by other things. Everyone has acknowledged that the restriction is fake and evidence has been provided that Slaxx would not include a post restriction because they distract from the game. A town person under these circumstances would drop the facade and actually try and participate yet Palisade continues to be a lurking scumbag. Town with debilitating post restrictions find a way to communicate.

My prediction for tomorrow is one of two things is going to happen.
  1. Palisade will somehow find a way to communicate that he got a guilty on one of his partners so he can buy town cred and ride it to the end like in hascow in Storm of Swords; or,
  2. Palisade's partners are going to immediately call for his lynch tomorrow and buy town cred with their tenacity since that is the general consensus (lynch him tomorrow).

These two scenarios only work effectively if the scum team secures a mislynch today because it would extremely challenging to sacrifice a teammate if we successfully lynched a scum today (the would be down two people at the end of D2).

AurousVox
:

AV's voting pattern and suspicion justifications is not sound. He originally voted Zajnet for reasons that were justified (having a reason to vote someone and voting elsewhere). He then said Wraith was scum with Zajnet along with Palisade who was scum with Zajnet (no explanations on why they both were independently scum partners with Wraith). He then says "Wraith is scummy, as I pointed out earlier, but I'm more confident in ZajnetScum". Where did he point out why Wraith was scummy? He didn't. But he then transitions his vote to Wraith because "So many people calling Wraith scum but so few voting for him".

He transitioned his vote from someone who was uniquely scummy because of independent behavior to someone because other scummy people's behaviors. The real kicker is one of those people who is not voting Wraith is none other than Zajnet, the person he was previously voting. So not only is he not voting someone for behavior unique to that person, but
he is now not voting the person he was previously voting who has been identified as being one of the suspicious people he is supposedly testing
. Furthermore, if you think people aren't voting but casting suspicion on someone because they are softly busing you lynch them for suspicious behavior, and if they flip scum you then push the person you think they were softly bussing and not voting. And finally, he is voting Wraith to test six, maybe seven people, and by virtue of standard setup designs means the people he is testing a predominately populated with town members.

This is illustrated by this quote:
AurorusVox, 181 wrote:xvart: I still would like a Zajnet lynch today. However, my vote on Wraith was an attempt to get people to "put their money where their mouth is" and join me on the wagon. The absolute lack therein is very concerning and makes Wraith the best place for my vote atm.
Here AV essentially says that it was a test to see if the people acting scummy would vote someone and because they won't his vote is now justified after the fact.

He also uses discrediting tactics on me (someone whom he has identified as town a couple of times) by generalizing all my reads as false because I questioned him calling Palisade scum (which he did but denied).

He then uses semantics to softly paint me as scum ("be that as it may") while he builds up to voting me. He's obviously trying to back off of his multiple town reads of me and says "I thought his hop off was pro-town, but if we look for scum motivation in the move we do find it ", but he obviously can't immediately vote me because of his past comments so he is slowly building up to it. He only voted me when I goaded him into it. In the same post he takes out of context what I had been questioning him on and attempting to undermine me by saying I was agreeing with his reads.

You can't lynch this kind of effort! You just can't! Not over CSL
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:54 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Fate are you scum with xvart?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Fate »

Lol when the fuck have I ever abandoned a bus are you high?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:37 am

Post by Wraith »

Fuck, deadline's like today. Fuck it, if I can't go with my gut I guess Fate's is fine.
Unvote Vote: CSL
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”