Post Apocalyptic Mafia - Mini 1226: Over!

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Slaxx »

Votecount 2.00

Gaoth(0)

Regfan(0)
:
AurorusVox(0)
:
Magua(0)
:
Wraith(0)
:
Nicodemus(0)
:
Zajnet(0)
:
xvart(0)
:
palisade(0)
:
Fate(0)
:
diddin(0)
:
Not Voting:
Gaoth, Regfan, Aurorusvox, Magua, Wraith, Nicodemus, Zajnet, xvart, palisade, Fate, diddin

6 is a majority.
Deadline is in (expired on 2011-09-22 17:00:00)

Just so its up top.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:49 am

Post by AurorusVox »

My plan to get Fate through to D2 alive worked, but why the fuck wasn't Hindu protected?
Vote: xvart
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Fate »

Vote: Xvart

*shrug* the doctor must not be on OUR LEVEL

At first the thread was locked and a TOWNIE called daytalk enabler was killed, and I was like "lol do we just vote by PM now and can never post in thread again? >__>)

SO AAPPARENTLY THE SCUMZOMBIES USE LIGHTS TO DAYTALK?

WHAT MADNESS FLAVOR IS THIS
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Magua »

Gloriously, gloriously waiting for Palisade to post so I can vote them.

Until then, would very much like Fate to talk down to me about the lynching of CSL over xvart. Preferably with some huehuehues and HEHEHEHAHAHAHAs thrown in.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Fate »

I don't regret it not even for one second.

HEAHEHEAHEHAHEHAEHAHHAEHAE
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Zajnet »

I really did not expect CSL to flip town. Oh well.

Palisade and xvart are on the chopping block today. I too am waiting for Palisade to post.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Gaoth »

Nope.

Vote: Wraith

Let's be serious.
Show
Gaoth rhymes with Breath.

"Thanks for being a breath of fresh air Gaoth." - Regfan

Why Slaxx is the best mod ever
tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Town Record: 2-0
Scum Record: 0-1
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Wraith »

Out of town right now but I have wi-fi. Don't know how much I'll be able to post though until Sunday.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by diddin »

Vote: Wraith

This is the way to go for today.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 401, AurorusVox wrote:My plan to get Fate through to D2 alive worked, but why the fuck wasn't Hindu protected?
Vote: xvart
This is so scummy it isn't even funny. In my experience, scum pat themselves on the back in public when they think they can get away with it. Seriously, you kept Fate alive? With your super scummy post? And I can't believe you are seriously asking why someone wasn't protected. There could be a thousand possible reasons. Let's add on some more to AV's scummy behavior:
  1. Voting for someone based not on that person being scummy but rather based on other people being scummy;
  2. Super scummy post "If Fate is alive tomorrow we lynch him";
  3. Patting himself of the back for being responsible for keeping Fate alive.

There is no way that a scum team would be like "oooohhh AV is got so much town cred and so much muscle in this town that he's going to run the lynch on Fate and everyone is just going to follow suit so we don't need to worry about killing questionable Fate; especially because of his super scummy post."

In post 403, Magua wrote:Gloriously, gloriously waiting for Palisade to post so I can vote them.
Vote for whom? Do you know Palisade is going to come in with a guilty or something?
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 409, xvart wrote:Vote for whom? Do you know Palisade is going to come in with a guilty or something?

Palisade.

Unless he comes out with a guilty on you, then maybe I'll vote you and vote Palisade D3 or something.

Counterquestion: Do you think Fate is town?
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Palisade »

VOTE: AurorusVox.

Yup, time to break the restriction.
Our PR? As mentioned, obviously fake.

Our claim?

Nah, that was real.

We have a guilty on AurorusVox

We've been communicating this entire game. Post zero had no code in it, other than to say, "We have a voting PR". The general rule of our PR was that unvote tags were people we were declaring town and needed not to be lynched, vote tags were reserved for people we thought were scum.

So, if you skip to the end of that post, which was separated by extra line breaks, you come up with this:
"Magi-Science is town. Don't vote him. We suspect Xvart, Zajnet, semi-suspect Gaoth, and seriously think Nicodemus is scum."

Our code?
Making any realistic typo. Any typo which looked like it could really happen. So, no letter "p" to, say, "d". Example--"k" could be "i", "u", "o", "l", "j", "m", or even ",".

That's why Regfan failed to consistently decode it, because there WAS no consistent decoding. If he looked at the letter changed/missing, rather than...whatever the heck he was doing...he'd find that out for himself.

To make sure words in our code were easily distinguishable, we used commas for things part of the same word and generally used fullstops (periods) to end a word. We also later used line-breaks, and sometimes used other punctuation, like a semicolon, but always made sure that the comma rule went unbroken.

Which meant that in post 1, we were saying:

"D,O,N,T. V,I,G. M,E. A,R,E. A. R,O,L,E."

Don't vig me, are a role. We messed up on AV's name, since we accidentally typo'd it elsewhere as well as our intended typo. But since it still read "DONT VIG ME A?E A ROLE", most people got the message, and the code proved itself successful. (Or so we thought, anyway. >.<)

It doubled as giving our reads. Look at the people we used Unvote tags for: Diddin (popular wagon at the time), Xvart (a former suspect of ours that we no longer suspected at the time), Gaoth (a former suspect of ours that we didn't suspect anymore), Wraith (another popular wagon at the time), Regfan (was gaining some suspicion), and CSL (also gaining suspicion). In other words, we said that all of them should be unvoted because we thought they were town.

As for our VOTE tags? Always Nico, our primary suspect. But do note we had normal votes as well: AurorusVox and Zajnet. Only those two. For a total of three names. Zajnet was obvious, and pretty much textbook obv-scum. As for AV...well, AV had posted, and we did not like what we saw.

At all. This dislike continued throughout the day.

Our next post (iso 2), everyone knows what the first part says.

The second part was an attempt to say that "Fate's annoying, but town."

Then, we put our vote back to our main suspicion at the time, Nicodemus.

The next post, we take the Fate thing further, and say, "Fate's wrong, but town." (I might have this backwards. One was "Fate's annoying, but town", the other was "Fate's wrong, but town". I think this is the order, but I'd have to double-check to make sure.)

Then, we once more communicate our suspects. AurorusVox, Zajnet, and Nicodemus. Only, now AV was our primary suspect.

In iso 4, we were saying, "prododge", essentially. Mastin was V/LA at the time. We did once more emphasize to unvote Diddin and Timeater (Magi-Science). And we tried yet again to emphasize voting AurorusVox.

In iso 5, we admit, the message was a little confusing. But note the names we're unvoting in the first paraphraph: Gaoth (wagoned at the time), Wraith (also wagoned at the time), Regfan (fatewagoned at the time), and Xvart (who we were pretty much null-leaning-town on at the time). (This was essentially a sloppy prototype of our next post.)

Then, the message said:

"S,C,U,M,I.
N,O,T.
S,C,U,M."

We were taking a bit of a shortcut, admittedly, but the message very clearly said, "Scummy, not scum." We have no clue just how Regfan managed to misread it THAT badly, when the typos were very clearly marked. No s in Nicodemus, c instead of v in xvart, etc.

Now, in isolation six, this one we tried marking who our posts were addressing a little more clearly.

We put Regfan at the top, with a colon. This was meant to represent,

"On Regfan:"

And then we spelled out:

"W,R,O,N,G;T,O,W,N."

Wrong-town, Wrongtown, Wrong Town; take your choice of spacing, but that's what we were saying: Regfan was misreading our message. We employed as many unusual typos in this post as we could, since we wanted to drive home the point that Regfan's decryption method was extremely flawed.

Then, we made the divide clearer.

"On Xvart:"

Here, we changed the method. You'll note no typos at all. Because we switched to a first-letter code here, as an experiment. It said,

"WAG_N"
And then had Regfan underneath of that.

Implying, "[He is] Wagon[ing] Regfan", since Xvart ALSO "misread" the code. And we found that scummy, since he got away with it.

The next part, really should've had "Unvote: Palisade" at the top, but honestly, we simply forgot. But, if you look, it says:

"C,O,M. E,V. P,O,S,T." Spacing's important. "Com ev post" is different from "come v post". (Hence, the linebreaks and our consistent use of commas.) It was yet again a bit of shorthand, because quite frankly, the code was hard to maintain. (I didn't want to use it at all.)

But put bluntly, it said:

"[We] com[municate] ev[ery] post." Addressing Xvart's complaint to the contrary. Just because you don't understand the communication does not mean there is no attempt at one. Believe me, we were trying to get the message through as unambiguously as possible exactly what we meant. Our extensive explanations here, today, should be evidence enough of that fact.

Exact uses of Vote/Unvote tags, using the mod's typo-rule to our advantage in his votes (he said minor typos would still count), pretty much everything we said, was trying to say something.

And at the end, we state once more our suspicions:
Serious suspicion of AurorusVox and Nicodemus, lesser suspicion of Zajnet and Xvart. Xvart we weren't as sure on, hence the unvote on the same line to emphasize how we weren't positive on him, and were leaning Zajnet for the third scum.

Our final Prododge post was merely restating our beliefs. Don't lynch CSL; he will flip town. An Xvart lynch is meh, so please lynch Nico or AurorusVox.

And from reading all of this, I think you can tell it's pretty obvious why we investigated AurorusVox: we thought he was scum, nobody else did, everyone had given up on trying to decipher our code, and AV seemed like a strong enough player that he could carry the entire scumteam no matter who his scumbuddies were. And if he somehow WERE town, he'd be an extremely valuable asset, since he's obviously a strong player.

But we were right. He is scum.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by Fate »

Unvote:
Vote: AurorusVox

Really, I was decieved that much huh....

C'EST LA VIDA VIE
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Lol@ 1v1 before LYLO.

You guys wanna take me and then get rid of confirmed scum Pallisade tomorrow?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

@xvart, raging and getting Hindu on board with "D2 FATE LYNCH" makes silly scum like Pallisade think they can get away with keeping him alive, and overconfident scum like you think you can make me push his mislynch and use that as leverage against me.

I see you.
I fucking see you.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

xvart why didn't you vote me in your opening post today?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:04 am

Post by Magua »

@Palisade:
Explain how if you were bothering to communicate so fervently, your messages had plenty of holes, missing tags, etc, that made it look like you totally didn't give a shit and weren't even previewing your own code.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:40 am

Post by xvart »

In post 410, Magua wrote:Counterquestion: Do you think Fate is town?
I don't have a solid read on Fate right now either way; see this post.

In post 411, Palisade wrote:
We have a guilty on AurorusVox

In post 293, xvart wrote:My prediction for tomorrow is one of two things is going to happen.
  1. Palisade will somehow find a way to communicate that he got a guilty on one of his partners so he can buy town cred and ride it to the end like in hascow in Storm of Swords; or,
  2. Palisade's partners are going to immediately call for his lynch tomorrow and buy town cred with their tenacity since that is the general consensus (lynch him tomorrow).

These two scenarios only work effectively if the scum team secures a mislynch today because it would extremely challenging to sacrifice a teammate if we successfully lynched a scum today (the would be down two people at the end of D2).
So basically the first scenario. Good to know.

VOTE: AurousVox

Hey Palisade. In your blathering about how intentionally cryptic your fake code was and how silly we all were for being unable to decode it you neglected to answer the following things:
  1. Why you decided it was a good idea to fake a post restriction;
  2. Why you claimed cop under no pressure and for no reason;
  3. Why you were prod dodging all D1;
  4. How you prioritized what you were attempting to say and why you decided it was important to tell us that Fate was annoying and not anything that was actually helpful; and,
  5. Why you actually suspected who you did and why, other than you "didn't like what AV was posting. At all."

In post 415, AurorusVox wrote:xvart why didn't you vote me in your opening post today?
Because I hadn't decided if I was going to vote Palisade or vote you. Nice question, though; so the relevant question is why are you not voting the person who you say is scum 1v1 trading for you? Why are you still voting me?
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:53 am

Post by xvart »

Palisade - please provide me with some links to other games you've been a cop.
I only read quote walls.

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:21 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Because I'm waiting to see. If town wants my blood today to prove Pallisade scum tomorrow, I'll self vote. If town wants to trust me (lolI'mnottalkingaboutyouxvart) then I'll vote Pallisade.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Nicodemus »

The course of action today is clear.

Sorry AV, but since we're still well away from LYLO we need to test Palisade's claim and get as much protection on him as we can if he's the real deal. And we'll make sure to avenge your death if Pali is faking this guilty.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Gaoth »

In post 420, Nicodemus wrote:The course of action today is clear.

Sorry AV, but since we're still well away from LYLO we need to test Palisade's claim and get as much protection on him as we can if he's the real deal. And we'll make sure to avenge your death if Pali is faking this guilty.

*Sheep Noises*
Show
Gaoth rhymes with Breath.

"Thanks for being a breath of fresh air Gaoth." - Regfan

Why Slaxx is the best mod ever
tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Town Record: 2-0
Scum Record: 0-1
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:09 am

Post by xvart »

In post 421, Gaoth wrote:*Sheep Noises*
*No Content Since Day Began Noises*
I only read quote walls.

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Magua »

Nicodemus, do you think Palisade is really the cop?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:16 am

Post by Fate »

AV's gonna flip town this is going to be funny

"Lol whyd we believe that PR fakin cop anyway"

Golden

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”