Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

"using a shitty tell he himself didn't believe in" most likely covers that...

also, is "In addition to being scummy" directed at me, or Whiskers?
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:37 am

Post by killerjester »

I wasn't using it as scumhunting, I went over this. I wanted a chance to try it out as RVS because this is my first game that I've been able to. Check my game history, I've replaced into most of my games (this one included, actually).

It was directed at Whiskers, by the way. Whiskers is more scummy for selectively reading among other things.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

I didn't say you were using it as scumhunting. I think the point is that you used a tell you yourself didn't necessarily believe in for whatever you had in mind.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:48 am

Post by killerjester »

AVox train of thought
Premise 1: KJ didn't believe a tell was reliable for scumhunting
Premise 2: KJ was scumhunting with it
Conclusion: Contradiction, KJ is scum!

So if you don't think I was scumhunting with it, why do you agree with him that I'm scum?

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:50 am

Post by AurorusVox »

You used it to appear you were scumhunting. The very concept of false appearances is that they attempt to cover up something else, usually something you don't want other people to know. Like the fact that you're scum.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Hiraki »

All I read is blaaaaaaaaargh.

Nothing new.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:59 am

Post by killerjester »

Except there isn't any point where I sincerely believe the tell is significantly more reliable than RVS. How did you get the impression I was using it as a means of being better than the randomness of RVS?

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:01 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Because it's not RVS, it's a vote with a motivation behind it. Therefore you're looking like you're doing something "better" than RVS, whether its true or not.
Why did you want to try it if you don't believe it's a reliable tell?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:09 am

Post by killerjester »

I thought it would be a fun RVS vote.

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 149, killerjester wrote:

NS: I think you've made your point. Whiskers didn't realize that protoplasm flaked, and Voided was the replacement. In addition to being scummy, I don't think it's likely that Voided is Whiskers's scumpartner. Do you agree?

Never occurred to me; I don't teamhunt on Day One, as it's useless to so do without flips. however, I have not yet ruled out the possibility that Whiskers is scum. Avoiding questions is very, very bad. As is selective reading.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:01 am

Post by nintendoaddict1 »

I don't like the so called case that hiphop supposedly has. His logic in his back and forth with Christine on the last page was weaksauce.

And it's active lurking posts like these:

In post 155, Hiraki wrote:All I read is blaaaaaaaaargh.

Nothing new.

That make me want to hurl a brick at my laptop.
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:01 am

In post 160, nintendoaddict1 wrote:I don't like the so called case that hiphop supposedly has. His logic in his back and forth with Christine on the last page was weaksauce.

And it's active lurking posts like these:

In post 155, Hiraki wrote:All I read is blaaaaaaaaargh.

Nothing new.

That make me want to hurl a brick at my laptop.

In other words, I like where my votes are atm.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 143, Voidedmafia wrote:Hip: Yes, we do seem to be in the same game quite often. Maybe we'll actually win this time, eh? ^_^ (And I won't get lynched D1 <_<).
Way to buddy.

In post 159, Nobody Special wrote:

NS: I think you've made your point. Whiskers didn't realize that protoplasm flaked, and Voided was the replacement. In addition to being scummy, I don't think it's likely that Voided is Whiskers's scumpartner. Do you agree?

Never occurred to me; I don't teamhunt on Day One, as it's useless to so do without flips. however, I have not yet ruled out the possibility that Whiskers is scum. Avoiding questions is very, very bad. As is selective reading.

Where have I been selectively reading?

Also, I don't answer stupid questions. For more info, see, "What timezone are you in?"

Just to clear it up, though, I typed out the wrong name-- protoplasm instead of VoidedMafia.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:08 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 162, Whiskers wrote:
In post 143, Voidedmafia wrote:Hip: Yes, we do seem to be in the same game quite often. Maybe we'll actually win this time, eh? ^_^ (And I won't get lynched D1 <_<).
Way to buddy.

Yes, indeed commenting about previous meetings in games is a sure sign of us buddying together. Bravo.

In post 162, Whiskers wrote:
In post 159, Nobody Special wrote:

Also, I don't answer stupid questions. For more info, see, "What timezone are you in?"

That's not a stupid question...

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Voidedmafia's awaited catchup - Page 3

Now, I'm going to start from after ThAd starts the game, so unless anyone can give me a good reason to look over pages 1 and 2, or I find one, I'm ignoring them.

First off, we get a large string of RVS (56/57-61), but the first interesting tidbit is KJ's question about ad hom in 60. Looking back over Nin's posts before then, I didn't particularly see an argument about ad hom, just that he was complaining that there was ad hom already (if he was supposed to have that directed at someone, I didn't get that feel).

Next is Hiraki asking if he can lurking, a sentiment he's held over the entire game so far. Now, I'm not that harsh on lurkers, but considering that he goes on to do so nearly every post (including commenting that there's nothing to comment on), it's strayed into active lurking, and thus I will
Vote: Hiraki
for my first vote.

Highly agree with Whisker's 70 about Hiraki. In regards to KJ, I presume she's talking about KJ intending to vote Protoplasm (and actually do it) even though Proto never picked up his PM.

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 6#p3433556]71[/i], I don't really like how Vox is jumping straight to "KJ's scum" just because he didn't follow through on an intent to vote. Is that bad play? Yes. Is it necessarily scummy? No, not really.

Current reads as of Page 3:

Vox: Null. I don't mind that he's being, well, cocksure about his reads, but that doesn't mean I don't like it. Still, it rings town to me, so he's nulltown.
Proto: Flaking is bad, in any stage of the game. BAD PROTO, BAD!
me: Town to myself, obv. That, and I need to get moving on this catchup.
Nintendo: Were you really serious about the ad hom stuff, even if you're not going to pursue that line of reasoning anymore? Regardless, you're null.
Christine: Not much of her. Actually, she doesn't have a single post this page, so I can't put her anywhere but null.
Malp: ...where is he?
KJ: Nothing from you yet. Kinda interesting that you'd ask about Nin's ad hom argument, but then I'd be a hypocrite for calling you out because I've done it before.
Friend: Nothing but RVS, so null.
Hiraki: BAD LURKING! BAD BAD!
Alnara: No posts this page, I think.
Whiskers: Nulltown. I'm rather cool to your only content-full post this page, but I do agree with some of the points you made in it, and I'm getting a general town vibe from it.
HipHop: Derp about the rules, man. Your vote on KJ isn't the for best of reasons, but I guess it's the best you've got at this point, so I'll give you the benefit. Still just null.
Nobody:No posts this page, too.

Vote: Nobody Special
. This is ONLY to fufill the stipulation that I must vote two people or none at all since I voted for Hiraki earlier on in this post. This vote will change as I go along in this readthrough.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:19 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Voidedmafia's (maybe) awaited catchup - Page 4

In regards to KJ's post 77, it does seem rather jarring, now that I look back at it. Not quite sure what Vox meant to do there.

#78: First off, uh, no he's not. Those are the only in-game posts he's made so far.
Second, I don't know why he's scummy. That quick unvote and revote is jarring enough to keep him from really being town, yes, but he hasn't really done anything scummy yet.

83: Aurorus, it makes no sense as scum, either. Though I'm still not sure where the ad hom-ing was.

86: In regards to the 2nd part (your reply to 71), I can see where you could find it oppurtunistic. You sure it couldn't just be the timing rather than any sense of "hey, look, he's an easy wagon again!"?

98: Okay, now the insistence of Nin being scum is starting to get rediculous. KJ's post right after gives plenty of explanations as to why he didn't follow up, and it makes you look rather silly, to be frank.

KJ, looking back through this, I got the wrong impression from 92, so sorry about that. I see what you mean by it, so townpoints there!

And then this page finishes out with my laptop being derpy and Hiraki again saying he's lurking.

...Why the hell are you playing if you're just going to lurk through the whole damn game?

Reads as of Page 4:

Vox: Starting to lean scummy now. While it is possible to explain that unvote/revote with just the fact of the timing, I still don't really like it.
Nin: No posts this page. Read remains the same.
Christine: Only two posts, first one "whining" (and I say that in quotes because it may well look like whining, no offense), and correcting who said post was for. Still null.
Malp: Again, where is he?
KJ: Sorry about misrepping you on this page. Understanding what that post means now puts up to leaning town.
Friend: Silence on this page.
Hiraki: Dammit, stop lurking.
Alnara: Again, no posts.
Whiskers: Really, NS isn't vote-hopping, so that's a bad vote. Putting you back down to null.
Hip: No posts.
NS: Just RVS.

Unvote: NS, Vote: Aurorus
as you're the scummiest read I've got so far, excluding Hiraki as he's going to have my other vote permanently until he's dead, replaced, or actually starts participating.

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:09 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Voided goes from agreeing with all my posts to having me as scummiest excluding SuperLurker Hiraki despite most other players in the game lurking too

Whee~

Are you scum or a blind townie?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:11 pm

In post 166, AurorusVox wrote:Voided goes from agreeing with all my posts to having me as scummiest excluding SuperLurker Hiraki despite most other players in the game lurking too

Whee~

Look at his page 3 reads list. When he even gives a read, they are all null. Oh, wait, except when he calls himself town. But it's the way he said it that I don't like. "Town to myself." wtf.

Reading those last posts by Voided has given me a headache from the constant scumdar pinging.
Unvote hiphop, Vote Voidedmafia
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

In post 165, Voidedmafia wrote:url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 5#p3434215]86[/url]: In regards to the 2nd part (your reply to 71), I can see where you could find it oppurtunistic. You sure it couldn't just be the timing rather than any sense of "hey, look, he's an easy wagon again!"?

98: Okay, now the insistence of Nin being scum is starting to get rediculous. KJ's post right after gives plenty of explanations as to why he didn't follow up, and it makes you look rather silly, to be frank.

So you've gone from the point of view that nintendo is scum in the first one, to "NinScum is ridiculous" in the second?
Err?

Damn too many scummy players in this game.

KJ, maybe I was wrong about you. Maybe its Whiskers-Nintendo-Voided. When I read these posts I realise I must have been wrong about
someone
anyway >_>"
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

@Mod: Quote url tag fail, can you please add that super "[" to the start? <333
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

FUCKING IRONY
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:21 pm

Will be gone all day today.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:13 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
In post 166, AurorusVox wrote:Voided goes from agreeing with all my posts to having me as scummiest excluding SuperLurker Hiraki despite most other players in the game lurking too

Whee~

Look at his page 3 reads list. When he even gives a read, they are all null. Oh, wait, except when he calls himself town. But it's the way he said it that I don't like. "Town to myself." wtf.

Reading those last posts by Voided has given me a headache from the constant scumdar pinging.
Unvote hiphop, Vote Voidedmafia

You disagree with how I said "I'm town, obviously"?

AurorusVox wrote:
In post 165, Voidedmafia wrote:url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 5#p3434215]86[/url]: In regards to the 2nd part (your reply to 71), I can see where you could find it oppurtunistic. You sure it couldn't just be the timing rather than any sense of "hey, look, he's an easy wagon again!"?

So you've gone from the point of view that nintendo is scum in the first one, to "NinScum is ridiculous" in the second?
Err?

Damn too many scummy players in this game.

KJ, maybe I was wrong about you. Maybe its Whiskers-Nintendo-Voided. When I read these posts I realise I must have been wrong about
someone
anyway >_>"

Um, if you'd actually refer to the post I linked, I'm saying YOU look scummy for potentially placing an oppurtune vote, and that your constant claim of Ninscum is ridiculous.

good try trying to mix up who I'm referring to, though.

Whee~

A.) It's called rereading.

B.) Hiraki is active lurking. Everyone else is simply lurking.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:14 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

EBWOP: You disagree with how I basically said, "To me, since I know my role, I'm town"?

Christine
Christine
Goon
Christine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:18 am

Post by Christine »

blah whatevs. Anyways, I really haven't had much to say because there is not much to comment on, to be honest. I spoke my piece about who I see is scummy, no one else is moving that direction, and I have no real comments towards those that are being targetted. I will probably have an opinion when it picks up more.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”