Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Shift »

In post 7, Amrun wrote:
Shift

WHY NOT CONFIRM, SCUMZ?

I DO WHAT I WANT

I don't really like RQS but I know some players like to throw fits when someone doesn't answer your questions. I'll save you some time and a mislynch this game.
In post 9, Junpei wrote:
1)
Of fire and ice, I proceed.
From my cage I have been freed.
The cage of flesh and bone,
with what I once forbode.

What was in your cage?

CHESSKID

In post 9, Junpei wrote:
2) Some prefer logic, others their gut, how say you?

In most circumstances logic but this game is special. It's a game all about tone and reading intentions. Your gut is your most powerful weapon in this game.

In post 9, Junpei wrote:3) Are you one who anticipates the enemy move, or one who reacts to the enemy's moves?

React, too lazy and incapable to anticipate movements.

In post 9, Junpei wrote:4) In a world where you could never be criticized for being wrong (because no one would know that you are wrong) would you lie more often than normal? Would you speak your mind/do things more than normal?

Would probably lie as it suited me because I'm just the typical selfish human being whose morals fall apart if there is nothing obliging you to follow them.

Vi wrote:i r an mafia

Scum caught, lynch it.

Vote: Vi
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by Shift »

In post 17, Amrun wrote:Why do you care if someone throws a fit, Shift?

Knew I was going to get this question.

Here's how things normally go if you refuse to answer the questions:

"Why won't you answer the questions?"

"I don't want to because I don't like to"

"Town has nothing to hide, vote: player"

"Or I just don't like RQS"

"Nah you're scum"

I'd rather avoid the stupidity this game if at all possible.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Shift »

Don't let the join date fool you, I flaked out of all my games except 1 I played terribly in a few months back (First games) and then restarted recently through hydraing but was mostly gone due to vacation and in one case timezone difference. But that is a complete null tell, as for my posts that's not really up to me to decide. How a join date can hint at your alignment is beyond me unless you're suggesting my experience level, which I can tell you is experienced at mafia but still adapting to forum mafia.

4nxi3ty wrote:@shift, are you trying to say you'd rather avoid interactions between players like saulres and junpei?

Not them in particular as some people understand my point of view, but I'd rather not gamble they do with the consequence being 5 pages of stupidity and time wasting if they don't.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Shift »

In post 30, Vi wrote:*glances up wearily*

Junpei 9 wrote:I don't really like RVS, so I've composed some questions instead, I would like them answered as they can help me scum hunt.

1)
Of fire and ice, I proceed.
*eyes widen in alarm*
*conjures earplugs into hands from seemingly nowhere*
*places earplugs appropriately*
Junpei 9 wrote:
From my cage I have been freed.
The cage of flesh and bone,
with what I once forbode.

What was in your cage?

2) Some prefer logic, others their gut, how say you?

3) Are you one who anticipates the enemy move, or one who reacts to the enemy's moves?

4) In a world where you could never be criticized for being wrong (because no one would know that you are wrong) would you lie more often than normal? Would you speak your mind/do things more than normal?
*relaxes slightly* *smiles contentedly*

votes Junpei
*studies saulres, 4nxi3ty, and Sathorsis with an inquisitive look*

*sets timer*
*waits expectantly*

*sniff*

*...sniff sniff*

*sniff*

post restriction

Nah but god knows how many things there are to figure out in this post, guessing the earbuds part means he doesn't approve of RQS and/or can't participate in it, and then god only knows what he means by timer, my best guess is the deadline.

Unvote

Vote: saulres
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Shift »

My vote on saulres was and still is semiserious.

I don't normally see much use in RQS as most of the questions are of no use scumhunting wise, more for getting to know the player (Junpei's 1-3). However, his fourth question is something else. Relatively inexperienced scum are likely to find themselves trying to pass themselves off as the "I'd be the same" guy while town would tend to be more honest. His answer comes off as slightly forced.

His reaction to my vote though is absolutely scumtastic.

As for Vi, I'm going to ask you questions about you/your role/restriction like everyone else even though we all should know by now you can't answer questions about your restriction.

Social Security number?
Can you use more than 9 periods per post?
Are you sure your post restriction is not just a figment of your imagination?
Was the part of your role PM about the restriction written by Nicholas Sparks?
I am selling my Justin Bieber My World 2.0 CD for $5, are you interested?
Why are we all asking you questions about your restriction even when we know you can't answer them?
Are you a Power Ranger in real life?
Can your post restriction be lifted if I say the magic phrase?
Is the magic phrase "Pass me some of that reefer"?
I'm failing high school Algebra 2, any tips?
Is your role allergic to peanut butter?
Are you allergic to peanut butter?

These are important questions, please answer all of them to the best of your ability.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Shift »

In post 63, Crab Canon wrote:How about we all stop asking Vi about her post restriction in an effort to get her modkilled? It's pretty obvious what her restriction is, and there is nothing she can do about it. If you can't figure it out on your own, then that's your problem. Regardless of her alignment, baiting for modkills is dirty pool. So, knock it off.

In case it wasn't obvious this is what I was saying with my questions. It's obvious it (Until I know Vi's gender >.>) can't break the post restriction at all and can't tell us more without punishment, yet people keep asking about it.

In post 62, saulres wrote:
In post 61, Shift wrote:His reaction to my vote though is absolutely scumtastic.

It is? Please elaborate. I had seen you vote for me with no reason, in a post where you quoted Vi and no one else, so I questioned why. I don't see how that's a scumtell.

Was mainly over defensive and in general gave off an aura of someone afraid of being voted. Was exaggerating on how scummy it was, but from my point of view it's definitely worth a vote.

Also, this sentence is maximum lulz and yet another reason to keep my vote on you.

In post 62, saulres wrote:If anything I'd read it as "Vi signalled her scumbuddies to vote for the people she listed without voting for them" and you following along.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:18 am

Post by Shift »

Ace not posting yet is ridiculous, so are Saul, Spring, and Riggs not voting anyone. Votes on Anxiety are silly.

Vi wrote:
*removes your white shield, white helm, and shining silver sword*
*tosses all of the above over shoulder*

*picks up, takes to pawn shop, sells for $7, donates to Michele Bachmann 2012 Campaign*

Spoiler: My Guess at Crab's Reaction

Sorry, I absolutely HAD to post this somewhere in this thread

Vi wrote:*holds TI-83+ in right hand*
*slowly gestures with left hand as if on infomercial*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UHqPMxeZnY
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #7) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Shift »

Nice of you to finally join Ace, hopefully you'll see the light soon.
In post 74, saulres wrote:
In post 67, Shift wrote:Ace not posting yet is ridiculous, so are Saul, Spring, and Riggs not voting anyone.

In post 15, Shift wrote:I DO WHAT I WANT

I don't really like RQS but I know some players like to throw fits when someone doesn't answer your questions.

Hypocrite much?

Way to take me out of context, and out of all the things you could take out of context you decide on a joke. Flail harder.

Context was Amrun asking me why I hadn't confirmed yet (I was the last to confirm) with an RVS vote. I said "I DO WHAT I WANT" as a joke, real reason was I went to bed before he sent out PMs and I had been at school all day.

There is a big difference between joke answering why you were the last to confirm IN YOUR FIRST POST and not voting anyone despite posting multiple times.

tl;dr: Taking jokes out of context, still hasn't voted, flailing scum

Crab Canon wrote:
In post 67, Shift wrote:donates to Michele Bachmann 2012 Campaign

Policy lynch

BUT SHE CAN BRING BACK $2 GAS AS PRESIDENT, CONTROLLING SUPPLY AND DEMAND IN A FREE MARKET IS WHAT PRESIDENTS IN DEMOCRATIC, CAPITALIST COUNTRIES ARE SUPPOSED TO DO!!!!!

Relevant, just think this person actually has a chance at being our next President. Packing my bags to go abroad when I graduate.

Nah but I've spent too much time off topic, time to get srs.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #8) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Shift »

Spoiler:
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #9) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Shift »

In post 79, Vi wrote:
In post 77, Vi wrote:
In post 76, Shift wrote:
tl;dr: Taking jokes out of context, still hasn't voted, flailing scum
*looks concerned*
unvotes saulres
*prints off Shift's case*
*holds case at arm's length very delicately with two fingers, touching it as little as possible*
*other arm digs for clothespin*
*puts clothespin on nose*
*looks away while dropping case on compost heap*
*swiftly walks away before considering clothespin removal*

Oh, no! It's not much now...It's not much now...but...

...Give it time...Give it time...

*backs slowly into darkness while rubbing hands together*
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #10) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Shift »

Spoiler:
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #11) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:12 am

Post by Shift »

Don't see anything worth voting Junpei for.

Noticed something about RQS, again only useful for getting to know the player and for catching scum who don't know what to do with questions about morality. I see nothing scummy about Junpei asking them because, while I personally find them not worth the trouble, I understand that some people do. Being the one that started the saulres wagon I don't really see much wrong with hopping on it.

4nxi3ty wrote:im a little behind will catchup this week tho.
why was shift defending the wagon on me?

wut

In post 84, springlullaby wrote:^^

I'm rescinding what I said about shift earlier. Above rubs me wrong. It's strangely aimless, why did you feel the need to write that much stuff to...say that questionning Vi is pointless? I mean, if you have a point, why not make it directly? Post padding? Indirect attack?

Unfortunately when I'm playing alone I find it much more difficult to control my urge to make a joke of everything, usually bad ones. This and another ongoing game are the only ones I've played by myself except for when I sucked it up and flaked in my games where I was just starting, my other 4 games are all hydras. I drug the point on too long as a joke. Not intended to be post padding but I can't really defend against that, if you really want to accuse me of post padding better posts to cite would be where I just post amusing pictures. The suggestion that it could be an "indirect attack" made me laugh harder than it should have.

Might move my vote soon, waiting for saulres to post again. I don't see it being on Junpei today.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #12) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by Shift »

In post 105, 4nxi3ty wrote:@shift if your not too busy saying the votes on me are silly, could you distance more from saulres. If that doesn't work maybe you could try distancing from ace.

1. What in the world did you mean by "defended the wagon on me" when I said the votes were silly?
2. Lol @ suggesting I'm scum with Saul and Ace
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #13) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Shift »

In post 116, Amrun wrote:Shift, what made you think that anyone was voting Junpei for asking RQS questions?

Skimmed, saw something about his RQS questions and something about hopping on the saulres bandwagon which obviously I'm not going to complain about.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Shift »

In post 118, Amrun wrote:
In post 117, Shift wrote:
In post 116, Amrun wrote:Shift, what made you think that anyone was voting Junpei for asking RQS questions?

Skimmed, saw something about his RQS questions and something about hopping on the saulres bandwagon which obviously I'm not going to complain about.

Why do you have time to write a wall based on false premises, but not enough time to read?

Because I'm lazy and found the jokes fun to make.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Shift »

Haven't had time to read today as I've been very busy, I'm free the rest of the week though. Will read+post tomorrow.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Shift »

Saul's recent posts, particularly #127, have been good with the exception of #235. Time to find a new vote.

Unvote

In post 122, Locke Lamora wrote:
Unvote; Vote: Shift

How much of 102 would you say is a joke?

#102 doesn't contain a joke though it does contain a quote that I didn't understand, which was Anxiety asking why I defended the wagon on him. This confused me as I took it as him accusing me of encouraging votes on him when I said votes on him were silly. "Defended against my wagon" would have been a better choice of words, and I did it because I thought there were better places for votes to be.

In post 126, 4nxi3ty wrote:
In post 120, Amrun wrote:Hmm.

Shiftscum?

yup that looks like the case, at least he has more of a tendency to flail.

vote: crab canon

lol

In post 130, 4nxi3ty wrote:
In post 76, Shift wrote:Nice of you to finally join Ace, hopefully you'll see the light soon.In post 74, saulres wrote:In post 67, Shift wrote:Ace not posting yet is ridiculous, so are Saul, Spring, and Riggs not voting anyone.In post 15, Shift wrote:I DO WHAT I WANTI don't really like RQS but I know some players like to throw fits when someone doesn't answer your questions.Hypocrite much?Way to take me out of context, and out of all the things you could take out of context you decide on a joke. Flail harder.Context was Amrun asking me why I hadn't confirmed yet (I was the last to confirm) with an RVS vote. I said "I DO WHAT I WANT" as a joke, real reason was I went to bed before he sent out PMs and I had been at school all day.There is a big difference between joke answering why you were the last to confirm IN YOUR FIRST POST and not voting anyone despite posting multiple times.tl;dr: Taking jokes out of context, still hasn't voted, flailing scum

If you honestly believe asking someone to post and then welcoming them to the game when they do is distancing/buddying, I can't really help you.

In post 161, Amrun wrote:
and think SL is probably town for trying to Shift (I think it was shift) of as town in the beginning even though it didn't make sense to do so.

This sentence is ridiculous.

Sotty wrote:
In post 67, Shift wrote:Ace not posting yet is ridiculous, so are Saul, Spring, and Riggs not voting anyone. Votes on Anxiety are silly.

Also note that at the time of this post, Anxiety wasn't voting anyone. He had unvoted CC and not placed his vote anywhere else.

No one else picked up on this other than Anxiety and he pushed on it. It's a valid point and we think it is town motivated the way he worries about being buddied up too. He posts in almost strange way, but we like his vibe so far.

To clarify this, Anxiety had only recently unvoted so I figured he would vote again soon.

Amrun's #187 sums up my feelings about Sotty's case on CC.

In post 194, sottyrulez wrote:
In this situation any scum (Crab) would already know Vi isn't scum with them. That means they believe she is town. If Vi is town then it is unlikely she is lying, so scum are more willing to take anything she might suggest as truth.

Basically our point is ScumCrab already knows Vi isn't scum with them and then believes, without question the PR is real.

~S-O-T-T-Y

I made a similar point about people asking Vi so many specific questions earlier. Why are you singling Crab out?
See Anxiety and Sotty accusing Crab of twisting words, from what I saw he hasn't twisted anything but I haven't taken a very close look, will shortly but from getting the gist of it I don't see it.

Unsure of opinion on Sotty, will ISO shortly.

In post 243, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:
Wow sotty, quick change of vote there. It almost seems like you didn't want to start a bandwagon on Ace, but would rather wait until someone else did first. Then, when Ace turns up scum, you can say "I'm not scum. Why would I have voted for Ace then if we were scum partners together?" Because you're trying to bus him obviously...
I'll get your partner, then you next.
VOTE: Ace5993

VOTE: Guy Named Riggs

In post 184, ace5993 wrote:Usually I'd say that this wagon is just misguided but under the circumstances of how it started (a couple weak votes before the attack began) I'm more inclined to see it as a scum-driven counterwagon.

I'd like clarification on which wagon is which in this post, I don't really get it and need the context to pass judgment.

I like Vi so far but again want to know which wagons ace is referring to before passing judgment on his wagon.

PEDIT:
ace wrote:however 227 is one of the most bizarre name mess-ups I've ever seen, I'm not sure how he could mix up me and 4nxi3ty in this context when we were on opposite poles of his wagon.

Name mixups aren't a scumtell.

ace wrote:Shift - Don't like him dismissing the Junpei wagon in a really off-hand (and actually incorrect) way, he sidesteps the whole reason Junpei was scummy and tries to get people back on saulres. Doesn't look like he actually took a look at the Junpei wagon. Leaning scum.

I implied I skimmed the case on Junpei and specifically said I did when pressed on it. Furthermore quick ISO of you reveals it's mainly his vote on Saulres along with not following up on his RQS questions instead of his RQS questions in general. Not following up on them is in my opinion a null tell, I keep a lot of thoughts to myself too. And guess what? I did respond to his vote on Saulres.

Shift wrote:
Noticed something about RQS, again only useful for getting to know the player and for catching scum who don't know what to do with questions about morality. I see nothing scummy about Junpei asking them because, while I personally find them not worth the trouble, I understand that some people do.
Being the one that started the saulres wagon I don't really see much wrong with hopping on it.

Insert another token and try again?
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by Shift »

In post 253, Vi wrote:*concerned look*
*goes backstage*

*comes back with picture of Crab Canon and picture of ace5993*
*sets pictures down apart from each other*

In post 227, Crab Canon wrote:not you. I mean SR and ace suddenly turning tail.
In post 228, Crab Canon wrote:*Anxiety
*crosses arms in front of self in X shape*
*dramatically uncrosses them*

*looks concerned*
*holds finger up*

*sets pictures of Crab Canon and ace5993 in tree*
*adjusts position of pictures such that their subjects appear to be kissing*

In post 227, Crab Canon wrote:not you. I mean SR and ace suddenly turning tail.
In post 228, Crab Canon wrote:*Anxiety
*holds finger up*
In post 249, ace5993 wrote:
Case on him was complete bullshit
by Sotty and co.
however
227 is one of the most bizarre name mess-ups I've ever seen, I'm not sure how he could mix up me and 4nxi3ty in this context when we were on opposite poles of his wagon.
*produces weight from sleeve*
*places it on both pictures*

confirms vote on ace5993

:goodposting:

Vote is landing on one of Riggs/Ace with a small possibility of landing on Sotty today.

Hey Ace, since I saw you lurking this forum shortly after I posted, I'm still waiting for clarification on the wagons you're referring to in:

ace wrote:Usually I'd say that this wagon is just misguided but under the circumstances of how it started (a couple weak votes before the attack began) I'm more inclined to see it as a scum-driven counterwagon.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Shift »

In post 255, ace5993 wrote:The Crab wagon.

Name mix-ups are VERY important to look at, who's the least likely to mess up a name and in what situation? HINT: Scum usually have pretty good ideas of who their scumbuddies are.

Crab wagon was stupid but not entirely scum driven, leaning scum on Sotty but not sure on Anxiety, already gave my thoughts on Vi.

ace wrote:Also don't assume that just because I'm in here I'm checking this game/even looking at the forum, that's a couple of dangerous assumptions there and it's damn annoying when you actually check the thread several hours later to find out someone called you on that.

Meh, sorry if it irritated you. It's a nulltell but I wanted a response and I got one.

ace wrote:BTW while I'm here you quoted exactly why I said you circumvented the Junpei wagon, so... insert another token and try again? Try ISO'ing Amrun as well, she had a good case on Junpei as well.

My response, now more specific.

ace wrote:Shift - Don't like him dismissing the Junpei wagon in a really off-hand (and actually incorrect) way,
he sidesteps the whole reason Junpei was scummy
and tries to get people back on saulres. Doesn't look like he actually took a look at the Junpei wagon. Leaning scum.

Shift wrote:
Furthermore quick ISO of you reveals it's mainly his vote on Saulres
along with not following up on his RQS questions instead of his RQS questions in general.

Shift wrote:Noticed something about RQS, again only useful for getting to know the player and for catching scum who don't know what to do with questions about morality. I see nothing scummy about Junpei asking them because, while I personally find them not worth the trouble, I understand that some people do.
Being the one that started the saulres wagon I don't really see much wrong with hopping on it.

Will ISO Amrun later.

In post 256, Crab Canon wrote:You realize he was saying I'm scumbuddies with you. You're saying I'm scumbuddies with you?

:?

Sotty wrote:The name mix ups mean nothing. It is something easily manipulated and a null tell. In context it was pretty obvious who Crab was talking about.

This does a better job of summing up my feelings on the name mixup.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by Shift »

Busy right now, will post tomorrow.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Shift »

In post 303, sottyrulez wrote:
In post 301, 4nxi3ty wrote:*finds magic bullet*
*ponders*
*looks at reflection in mirror*

Yeah, stop this please.

QFT

In post 304, sottyrulez wrote:I don't understand why Fishy is making the argument between ourselves and Crab to be almost strictly Scum v Town. Post 292 seems to be him talking about the argument in his own words (I obviously disagree) but I don't really see how us being WRONG to Fishy makes us auto scum.

It's like he breaks the fight down and votes us for being wrong, but I still don't get why that makes us scum. See logical players will do that and logical scum players can take anything and make it scummy and I kinda feel like that's what he doing here. I think I need more explaination on why the actions we did are scummy OUTSIDE being wrong. Cause like, townies can be wrong too. Townies are more likely to be wrong right?

I'd also like more Fishy reads that aren't us or Crab.

We still think Crab is scum. But we know when we're beat. The VP head of Crab cannon is freaking EXCELLENT when he is scum, at taking an argument, twisting it on it's head and making it a personal battle. This is what has happened in this game and it is also what happened in Pie E7 mark II. That will provide meta for three players in this game cause Vi is also in there. But it starts from post six where we start to pressure VP right away and if you read though you'll see how quick things get messy.

I'm not interested in playing that all over again. The game got bogged down and everyone got all shitty and crabby (har har) but yes. We made an internal choice to deflate the fight between us and Crab to stop the stupid mass posting, and to let the game breathe. I wanted to see what other people would do when the stage wasn't hogged up by us and Crab. I also wanted to see if maybe I was wrong and that I read Crab wrong, so I wanted to see what he would do when we weren't in his face. The answer is not a lot really. So yes, he is still a scum read. But no he isn't our only scum read.

~Sotty.

tl;dr: We think Crab is scum but don't see how us being wrong makes it Town vs. Scum. We believe he's scum but not sure and not willing to maintain an argument with him out of fear of losing.

While shortened it may not seem that bad but something about it rubs me entirely the wrong way. I don't like it.

VOTE: sottyrulez
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by Shift »

Nothing worth commenting on/lack of motivation except to say Locke's last post is decent but seems to be following popular opinion.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #22) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:58 am

Post by Shift »

In post 357, Junpei wrote:You know what I just noticed? There is no rule saying no jesters, which is seeming more likely of 4nxi3ty's role -.- 4nxi3ty, why were you posting like that?

For the heck of it/lulz. I'm not kidding. There is no town motivation possible other than maybe "2 c reactions" which is pretty retarded.

1 minor read difference from hydras is not a big deal.

Saulres #354 is pretty bad but I still like the sotty wagon.

I give up on Riggs.

CC is still a decent town read, Amrun read is growing. Vi IS town. Unsure on ace and Junpei, Anxiety is borderline unreadable to me. Fishy's posts so far have been pretty good.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (isolation #23) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by Shift »

In post 377, springlullaby wrote:Can't stop lurking now.

VOTE: springlullaby

Options as town:

1. Post
2. Replace out

Options as scum:

1. Post
2. Replace out
3. Get lynched
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #24) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by Shift »

In post 379, sottyrulez wrote:
In post 371, Fishythefish wrote:
In post 340, sottyrulez wrote:You realize nothing you posted there is unjustified name calling right?

Yes, I suppose "name calling" is the wrong choice of words. Rather "unjustified generic accusations".

Weeeee bracktrack!

Also, this is how Spring plays all her games. It has no bearing on her alignment, hopefully she'll get replaced sooner rather than later.

You can't seriously be considering this a backtrack, he's clarifying.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Shift »

Proddodge, busy atm.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #26) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Shift »

Sorry, very busy week, will be free Friday though.

Skimmed, didn't see much worth commenting on except something about me switching to a policy lynch off sotty. I had no plans to actually lynch Spring, it was a pressure vote for content and it worked. However...

In post 421, springlullaby wrote:@Vi, why do you choose to vote me instead of Guy_Named_Riggs?
I'm asking you specifically because you seem to think GNR is bad for the same reasons as me but choose to vote me instead whereas you know lurking is my habitual MO.
Are you seriously suggesting that I and GNR are scumbuddies(that's what I got from the horns things)? On what basis?

@Amrun
I'd like to ask you the same questions.

My opinion is that my current vote is a good one. Please see last reversed chainsaw defense in:

In post 416, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:So I was catchting up on reading and saw Spring had about 3 votes added to him?

I must have missed it, can someone tell where the case agaisnt him is?

Deciphering this for you: GNR is defending un-defendable behavior (namely lurking) because
1) he is a lurker himself so what he is saying is in reality 'I'm a lurker and I shouldn't be lynched'
2) he is pre-emptively trying to associate town points for himself when/if I flip town because of our likeness of behavior.

Yeah, no, now this vote is serious.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #27) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Shift »

Vi is probably town.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #28) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by Shift »

In post 468, springlullaby wrote:

SHIFT

15. Answer Junpei, VOTE VI
19. Answer Amrun. First impression was that it looked like town expressing frustration encountered in the past, now it looks bad because what shift says is kinda nonsensical: i have never seen anyone being lynched for not answering rsq
23. ok answer about mafia experience I guess, smells a tad of newbie card; fluff answer to fluff questionning from anxiety
32. Comment on Vi, VOTE SAULRES out of nowhere - MEH
59. fluff
61.say saulres' reaction to his vote is scumtastic without saying why + post padding - meh
64. a bit of backtracking on saulres: from 'scumstastic' to 'reasonable vote' - PINGING
67. lurer prodding + fluff - MEH
76. overreactive reply to saulres, calls him scum for what??? +fluff post - DO NOT LIKE
78. fluff banter with VI
80. same as above - ME NOT LIKE
82. same as above - NOT LIKE
102. not seeing Junpei as scum, announce that he may move his vote soon, why announce it --- DO NOT LIKE
113. Reasonable question to anxiety, and lol and saul ace assoc - DO NOT LIKE the LOL bit - does it mean that you are scum with people other than saul or ace?
117. say that he has skimmed, this post is a BAD POST
119. honest enough but scum can do that too
156. filler
251. Lol at suspicions on him - no likey, VOTE GNR, I agree with that vote, but the way it's stuck in the middle give me a bad feeling.
254. Says that VI is goodposting - why. suspicion are Riggs/Ace/Sotty - haven't seen anything on ace before that
260. Shift is leaning scum on sotty...long post with very little content - BAD
317. very opportunistic VOTE SOTTY - HORRIBLE SCUM
338. ok comment on Locke
367. says CC is town, amrun is town, ace and junpei unsure, anxiety unreadable. Disagree strongly with ace and junpei read. - this post leaves to much room for mislynch, and is basically repeating popular town read --SCUM
378. VOTE ME.
381. tell sotty that he can't consider fishy to be backtracking
383. ATE
457. yeah, why??
458. Vi is prolly town???

Conclusion: High danger of being scum. The vote on Saulres was bad and drawn out for too long for the weak (if any) reasoning that supported it, as bad as the way he removed his vote from saulres. The vote on Sotty was also really opportunistic. Vote hoping pattern with no individual scumhunting to speak of. Looks like scum alright.

Sigh, looks like school work will have to wait. I've got to go to bed soon but hopefully I can respond to most of this, if not too bad you'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Some of this is all kinds of bad, will take this one part at a time.

19. Answer Amrun. First impression was that it looked like town expressing frustration encountered in the past, now it looks bad because what shift says is kinda nonsensical: i have never seen anyone being lynched for not answering rsq

I didn't say they were lynched. I said it led to pointless arguing about not answering the RQS questions, often taking up several pages and said I'd rather avoid it.

23. ok answer about mafia experience I guess, smells a tad of newbie card; fluff answer to fluff questionning from anxiety

Here you're trying to paint my "fluff" in a slightly scummy light. This is when the players are still getting familiar with each other, how you can try to paint this as pointless fluff is beyond me.

Shift wrote:
4nxi3ty wrote:@shift, are you trying to say you'd rather avoid interactions between players like saulres and junpei?

Not them in particular as some people understand my point of view, but I'd rather not gamble they do with the consequence being 5 pages of stupidity and time wasting if they don't.

Spring wrote:32. Comment on Vi, VOTE SAULRES out of nowhere - MEH
59. fluff

I don't have a post 59. Vote on Saulres was still in RVS, mine was the first semiserious vote and I explained it in 61.

64. a bit of backtracking on saulres: from 'scumstastic' to 'reasonable vote' - PINGING
76. overreactive reply to saulres, calls him scum for what??? +fluff post - DO NOT LIKE
78. fluff banter with VI

Strong reads fade, deal with it especially when better votes come up. I again make a lot of jokes, see for yourself in Blaz Blue. I was town. To go further, a lot of it was with Vi.

102. not seeing Junpei as scum, announce that he may move his vote soon, why announce it --- DO NOT LIKE
113. Reasonable question to anxiety, and lol and saul ace assoc - DO NOT LIKE the LOL bit - does it mean that you are scum with people other than saul or ace?

102 I'm looking for a better spot to put it, not sure where it would end up.
113 I find it humorous when people try to draw connections so early on in the game, especially when they're wrong (Tip: Me being town makes them wrong too)

117. say that he has skimmed, this post is a BAD POST
119. honest enough but scum can do that too
156. filler

My 117:
In post 117, Shift wrote:

I don't see how it's that hard to see that I can assume this when I blatantly admit to skimming.

156:

In post 156, Shift wrote:Haven't had time to read today as I've been very busy, I'm free the rest of the week though. Will read+post tomorrow.

Being busy is not scummy, you trying to paint me as scummy for using "filler" explaining I'm busy is just flat out bad.

251. Lol at suspicions on him - no likey, VOTE GNR, I agree with that vote, but the way it's stuck in the middle give me a bad feeling.
254. Says that VI is goodposting - why. suspicion are Riggs/Ace/Sotty - haven't seen anything on ace before that

My 251. You literally cut out half of the post. Also talks about ace, which you failed to see based off your appraisal of 254.

I expressed my opinion of Sotty in 251 by saying Amrun's 187 as parallel to my feelings. I see no reason to simply rephrase another player. The vote had been a few pages in the making, accusations against CC were pretty baseless.

260 I was answering questions, which is why it was long. Please explain how it is bad.

367. says CC is town, amrun is town, ace and junpei unsure, anxiety unreadable. Disagree strongly with ace and junpei read. - this post leaves to much room for mislynch, and is basically repeating popular town read --SCUM

You conveniently leave out my town read on Vi but I'll get there later. I gave three town reads and stated null reads on several and a scum read. "Repeating popular town read". Funny, I pointed out this in Locke's posts yet you don't seem to care.

378. VOTE ME.
381. tell sotty that he can't consider fishy to be backtracking
383. ATE
457. yeah, why??
458. Vi is prolly town???

378-I gave you a pressure vote. It worked.

381-This is bad how? Calling Fishy's statement a backtrack was an attempt to paint his statement as scummy when it was pretty obviously just a wrong choice of words-the idea was right.

383 I don't have a 383. This is twice now you've found something scummy in posts I haven't made.

457-Reminder to respond tomorrow

458- Vi is prolly town???

254. Says that VI is goodposting

Shift 367 wrote:Vi IS town

Shift 251 wrote:I like Vi so far but again want to know which wagons ace is referring to before passing judgment on his wagon.

This read is by no means sudden like you're trying to pass it off as.

Anyway I'm limited on time, I will definitely follow this up because I have to go to bed right now and don't have time to say everything I want to. Spring's summary of me is terrible and I'll be ripping it apart again tomorrow. I have an A in English anyway, one bad grade isn't going to kill me.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #29) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Shift »

Phone post as I'm at school. Would reqeuest no one vote me until I get home and can call Spring out on their bullshit which is getting worse and worse every post.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #30) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by Shift »

In post 487, springlullaby wrote:@Shift
Read your reply.
Your are correct in saying that there are post reporting error in my notes. However they are only editing error (my classing the post under the wrong names). My notes only help ne form impressions. It is the conclusion you need to defend against. More generally, I just think you are scum as there is nothing town in you. You are the creeping, plentiful posters with obsequious buddying but no real scumhunting and opportunist vote hopping kind.

Except you've failed to refute any points I made against your case. ANY. And I literally refuted almost every single note you had against me.

As for the "failed to refute the conclusion":

Spring wrote:Conclusion: High danger of being scum. The vote on Saulres was bad and drawn out for too long for the weak (if any) reasoning that supported it, as bad as the way he removed his vote from saulres. The vote on Sotty was also really opportunistic. Vote hoping pattern with no individual scumhunting to speak of. Looks like scum alright.

Pretty sure I've already answered the saulres wagon AND my vote hop to sotty but you don't seem to be reading my posts anyway, just dismissing them so I shouldn't expect you to have seen it. Here, I'll quote it for you.

Saulres wagon:

Shift wrote:
Spring wrote:32. Comment on Vi, VOTE SAULRES out of nowhere - MEH
59. fluff

I don't have a post 59. Vote on Saulres was still in RVS, mine was the first semiserious vote and I explained it in 61.

78. fluff banter with VI

Strong reads fade, deal with it especially when better votes come up. I again make a lot of jokes, see for yourself in Blaz Blue. I was town. To go further, a lot of it was with Vi.

Sotty vote hop:

Shift wrote:

I expressed my opinion of Sotty in 251 by saying Amrun's 187 as parallel to my feelings. I see no reason to simply rephrase another player. The vote had been a few pages in the making, accusations against CC were pretty baseless.

As for "lack of scumhunting", what do you think I voted saulres and Sotty for, and why I'm voting you right now?

tl;dr: Spring claims to have read my posts, does not refute a single thing despite me refuting absolutely all of her notes on me, claims I did not refute the conclusion which if you'd actually read my post you'd see I answered what it was based off of

Have something to point out on sotty but it can wait a second.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #31) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by Shift »

In post 500, sottyrulez wrote:
At this point the people we'd prefer to switch to are Riggs (Who is practically as good of a lynch as Ace at this point IMO, or Saulres, who I find slightly scummier than Junpei and Shift.)

Never mind, remembered it.

You literally just gave 5 scum reads.

13 people, minus you=12 possible FoS's.

You just gave scum reads on half the game.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (isolation #32) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by Shift »

Sotty wrote:We like Springs recent burst of content even if we don't agree with everything she said, namely her reads. They seem a little too cookie cutter and I don't see her taking any real risks with what she posted.

Oh and last thing, Spring's scum reads are different from everyone else's in the game. How in the world you can call her reads cookie cutter, expecially too cookie cutter, is beyond me.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #33) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by Shift »

Amrun, he is posting on behalf of Vi. They're neighbors/masons as the group Penn & Teller, guessing Vi did not know GNR was Penn.

But yes,
for those of you too lazy to read my walls:

Spring's PbPA on me was absolutely horrible, I explained why most notes were terrible and explained my actions for the others, called her out on just her blatant crap in general, she responds refuting NONE of my points and says I did not refute the conclusion when I explained my actions she referenced in the conclusion. Has pushed a wagon on me hard but does not respond to my actual points after I rip the case apart and show at least one of her points to be a blatant misrep.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #34) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by Shift »

I like how SL still hasn't replied to my actual points.

That said both Sotty and SL are decent lynches, me preferring SL over sotty.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Shift »

Looks like my scumdar's broken and needs a tuneup.

Haven't been taking a close look at Vi because of his post restriction, probably town but I'll have to make sure. Suspicion of his neighbor smells town.

Fish is more than likely town, as is Ace.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (isolation #36) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Shift »

About to leave for a tennis lesson but I'll be able to post and catch up tonight, guaranteed.

Would like to apologize for my absence though, weekdays are very busy for me.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (isolation #37) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Shift »

Alright, read, after this fiasco my town read on Ace has strengthened as has the one on Vi. Fishy read is largely gut for small things like #665 that seem like he's trying to be as clear and cooperative as possible. Just gives me good feelingz.

Vi's theory actually does make a bit of sense, from what I can recall most people left yesterday with a feeling Vi was town. Shooting sotty really wasn't a good play since they were an easy lynch. Will hold off on voting GNR because I have no clue what he's at.

I still can't read Anxiety.

Small town reads left over from yesterday on CC/Amrun.

Junpei and saulres are pretty null, will have to ISO when I have time.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (isolation #38) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by Shift »

Trying to see if I can replace in as a hydra with Regfan due to time constraints+need of a scumhunting boost.

Again I'm sorry for my relative inactivity.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1711 (isolation #39) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Shift »

Thanks to DDD for running the game. I had a lot of fun though I got bored near the end. Timezones and busy work schedules killed Regfan and I for communication, but even then I'm not really happy with my play this game. I hit 1 scum in a grand total of 6 pushes (Sotty, Spring, Anxiety, Amrun, Fishy, Riggs). Not exactly stellar play. I still had a lot of fun though.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”