Post Apocalyptic Mafia - Mini 1226: Over!

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Votecount 3.01

Gaoth(0)

Regfan(0)
:
Magua(0)
:
Wraith(1)
: Gaoth
Nicodemus(0)
:
Zajnet(0)
:
xvart(1)
: Regfan
diddin(0)
:
No-Lynch (2)
: Magua, Wraith
Not Voting:
Nicodemus, Zajnet, xvart, diddin

4 Required to No-Lynch.
5 is a majority.
Deadline is in (expired on 2011-09-24 21:00:00)
Last edited by Slaxx on Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by Regfan »

Reluctance to lynch a claimed investigative power role on day one doesn't mean instantly sheeping their guilty if they claim one to 'test' them at all. It means allowing them to get a result so you can base your thoughts on them around that, the way they present it, the way the person reacts and giving you a back up option. The back up option being if you lynched them day 2 and they flip cop you have a guaranteed report to work around whether it be an innocent or a guilty.

There's no chance in the world that this setup is just Day Talk Enabler and Inventor, there's bound to be more town power roles than that and if depending on the number of power role claims we get we should be able to work out if they're legitimate it or not giving us 'clears' so to speak. I have a good idea what power roles are in the setup and if I'm right there's legit no chance that there's a RB nor is there any reason or advantage in NLing today.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Regfan »

Diddin, you claim your last ability after everyones mass-claimed, there's no reason to do it just yet.
Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by Gaoth »

Hot batch of reads coming write up!

Nicodemus
- town because of his meta. as usual, a lurker nico is a town nico.
Diddin
- see post 339 for my town read on diddin
Magua
- Timeater was obvtown, and Magua replaced in, soo....
xvart
- i want him to be scum, he has hardly interacted with wraith, and vis versa, but the way he tunneled on fate. not a scum thing to do with the intention of making fate the night kill.
Regfan
- Reg is playing just like the reg I saw in 00's and UPICK, each post says town to me

Wraith
- His posting has been majority fluff, his only real "scum hunting" was a ludicrous case POSTED TODAY. Also, the way he back off a scum read day 2 in favor of the wagon, looked to me like he wanted the day to end all too much.
Zajnet
- a weaker scum read, but scum none the less. not a lot of content, wraith has not interacted with him. weak, but its what ive got.

Reg, can you give me a case on xvart? Im willing to switch him with zajnet, i think.

Y U NO HTML??!?!

-
Slaxx
Show
Gaoth rhymes with Breath.

"Thanks for being a breath of fresh air Gaoth." - Regfan

Why Slaxx is the best mod ever
tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Town Record: 2-0
Scum Record: 0-1
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by Magua »

Regfan, I find your ideas interesting and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. However, I'm curious: why do you think Fate died instead of diddin?

My initial response is scum roleblocker.

Curious to hear yours.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by Regfan »

Magua,
the newspaper costs money to read, fork it over
if there's a scum roleblocker why wasn't Diddin roleblocked last night? I don't understand the Fate-kill at all to be honest but initial instinct was that they either had PR read on him or were scared of what Diddin gave him.

Gaoth, I'll go into it tomorrow, I have the weekend free to dedicate the needed time.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:12 am

Post by Wraith »

Gaoth wrote:Wraith - His posting has been majority fluff, his only real "scum hunting" was a ludicrous case POSTED TODAY. Also, the way he back off a scum read day 2 in favor of the wagon, looked to me like he wanted the day to end all too much.

Wow, seriously? Substitute fluff for "IRL problems causing extensive V/LA announcements" and you'd have the only real thing you can use against me. The second part of this is even more DIDID. I don't know how I can explain this to everyone more than by saying this: If I had simply disappeared and not taken a significant number of hours out of my day yesterday to make up for my V/LAs, Gaoth would be accusing me of "hardcore lurking" instead of "appearing from lurking to scumhunt in order to appear townie."

Oh, and the third part is an
OUTRIGHT LIE
. I made two posts during Day 2, both concerning my lack of internet access due to being on a 10-hour road trip to Georgia to attend a football game. In NEITHER did I vote for ANYONE, much less for AurorusVox, who I WOULD NOT HAVE LYNCH.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:39 am

Post by Zajnet »

I'll be rereading over the weekend. I particularly want to reread D1 and the CSL wagon and see if I can't find a scum or two...
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Gaoth »

Wraith wrote:

Oh, and the third part is an
OUTRIGHT LIE
. I made two posts during Day 2, both concerning my lack of internet access due to being on a 10-hour road trip to Georgia to attend a football game. In NEITHER did I vote for ANYONE, much less for AurorusVox, who I WOULD NOT HAVE LYNCH.

Hmm. Turns out it was day 1. Super long day had me confused. Umadbro?
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Slaxx »

Nico has been prodded.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Okay, looking at balance here:

Lyncher + 3 mafia:
D1: 9-3-1
ML on Lynchee
N1: 8-3
D2: 7-3
ML
N2: 6-3
D3: 5-3 MYLO

Lyncher + 2 mafia:
D1: 10-2-1
ML on Lynchee
N1: 9-2
D2: 8-2
ML
N2: 7-2
D3: 6-2
ML
N3: 5-2
D4: 4-2 MYLO

Yeah, with the amount of power that we seem to have (i.e. Diddin and Hindu, basically), I agree that it's fairly unlikely that there are 3 scum. There's just no way that town this underpowered would have only two mislynches in a 3 scum setup. We can and should lynch today.

However, I'm not seeing why we should massclaim today. If it's not MYLO or LYLO, wouldn't we want to hold off on claims until tomorrow? Reg, I need some convincing on why massclaim is a good idea here.

Vote: Wraith

He's flailing hard. Like someone (Magua I think?) said, he's throwing out accusations left and right, just trying to get something to stick. He's called 5 players scummy (out of 7 possible) in three pages, but he wants to "keep his reasons to himself." In the words of Chuck Testa: NOPE.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by Gaoth »

Nicodemus wrote:He's flailing hard. Like someone (Magua I think?) said, he's throwing out accusations left and right, just trying to get something to stick. He's called 5 players scummy (out of 7 possible) in three pages, but he wants to "keep his reasons to himself."

The two he has not called scum (other than himself) are Diddin, a claimed/outed town PR, and Zajnet, who he has only mentioned in player lists.
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:14 am

Post by xvart »

In post 551, Regfan wrote:There's no chance in the world that this setup is just Day Talk Enabler and Inventor, there's bound to be more town power roles than that and if depending on the number of power role claims we get we should be able to work out if they're legitimate it or not giving us 'clears' so to speak. I have a good idea what power roles are in the setup and if I'm right there's legit no chance that there's a RB nor is there any reason or advantage in NLing today.
This is a terrible reason for claiming today. If there is no advantage to no lynching today there is no advantage to claiming today and to say otherwise is ludicrous. If you are really going to make the case for claiming today you need to make the case instead of just saying "I think I know what roles are in the game and if I'm correct..."

In post 552, Regfan wrote:Diddin, you claim your last ability after everyones mass-claimed, there's no reason to do it just yet.
Under no circumstances should diddin claim his last power today.

In post 555, Regfan wrote:Magua,
the newspaper costs money to read, fork it over
if there's a scum roleblocker why wasn't Diddin roleblocked last night?
Because the inventor isn't an immediate threat, especially now that he is outted. Nothing he does will threaten the scum team during that night, especially when he claims each day who he targetted (and even more so if the ability is claimed). I'm still not sure why you claimed the ability you received.

In post 560, Nicodemus wrote:He's flailing hard. Like someone (Magua I think?) said, he's throwing out accusations left and right, just trying to get something to stick. He's called 5 players scummy (out of 7 possible) in three pages, but he wants to "keep his reasons to himself." In the words of Chuck Testa: NOPE.
I agree with this assessment and find the V/LA unconvincing since someone V/LA could just as likely be scum. I don't find his lack of content the first two days scummy but his wide net of suspicion today is extremely opportunistic.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:20 am

Post by Wraith »

Hey yall I've got a crazy-busy weekend, some past and most to come, so don't expect to hear from me until later tomorrow or Monday.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:48 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 562, xvart wrote:This is a terrible reason for claiming today. If there is no advantage to no lynching today there is no advantage to claiming today and to say otherwise is ludicrous. If you are really going to make the case for claiming today you need to make the case instead of just saying "I think I know what roles are in the game and if I'm correct..."

Claiming today allows the opportunity to parse over the claims and deal with any potential counter-claims while we likely have a mslynch rather than leaving it until tomorrow, furthermore I have the ability to protect and state that I'm protecting between whatever power role claims we gain today increasing the likelihood of a mslynch being gained if mafia attempt to shoot between them rather than towards me.

If Diddins last power is for instance a vig-shot or a cop ability we can organize how best to use it if claimed meaning there's minimal disadvantages from it occurring, further him not stating what it is leads towards potential for it being given to mafia and them denying they have it or lying about what it is.

Xvart wrote:Since he's already been outted I think Diddin should claim who he targeted last night with whatever invention he created and whether or not he would know if he got role blocked. Actually
, I think before he claims anyone who received something last night should claim that first.
Xvart wrote:
I'm still not sure why you claimed the ability you received.

We're not lynching Wraith today, we're lynching Xvart and if the above quote doesn't prove that he's mafia I don't know what the fuck will.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:51 am

Post by Regfan »

Also feeling a lot better on Gaoth overall, relatively certain that the scum is Xvart + Zajnet/Wraith.
Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:24 am

Post by Gaoth »

In post 564, Regfan wrote: We're not lynching Wraith today, we're lynching Xvart and if the above quote doesn't prove that he's mafia I don't know what the fuck will.

I agree. That post combo is super scummy. But why is now obvscum xvart a better lynch than alltime obvscum wraith?
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Zajnet »

In post 564, Regfan wrote:
In post 562, xvart wrote:This is a terrible reason for claiming today. If there is no advantage to no lynching today there is no advantage to claiming today and to say otherwise is ludicrous. If you are really going to make the case for claiming today you need to make the case instead of just saying "I think I know what roles are in the game and if I'm correct..."

Claiming today allows the opportunity to parse over the claims and deal with any potential counter-claims while we likely have a mslynch rather than leaving it until tomorrow, furthermore I have the ability to protect and state that I'm protecting between whatever power role claims we gain today increasing the likelihood of a mslynch being gained if mafia attempt to shoot between them rather than towards me.

If Diddins last power is for instance a vig-shot or a cop ability we can organize how best to use it if claimed meaning there's minimal disadvantages from it occurring, further him not stating what it is leads towards potential for it being given to mafia and them denying they have it or lying about what it is.

Xvart wrote:Since he's already been outted I think Diddin should claim who he targeted last night with whatever invention he created and whether or not he would know if he got role blocked. Actually
, I think before he claims anyone who received something last night should claim that first.
Xvart wrote:

We're not lynching Wraith today, we're lynching Xvart and if the above quote doesn't prove that he's mafia I don't know what the fuck will.

Nice catch. I hadn't really seen xvart as super scummy until this, but he just jumped up to the gallows.

Hey guys, what if Xvart is scum with Regfan? That would explain why he went from being "claim nao" to "why'd you claim?" Regfan probably wouldn't have been told that he received a gift until the end of night, so assuming that the scum don't have daytalk, he wouldn't have been able to tell xvart.
This is just a random theory though, Regfan has been pretty towny all game.

VOTE: Xvart
My GTKAS
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:04 am

Post by xvart »

In post 564, Regfan wrote:
Xvart wrote:

Your right; I suppose I did contradict myself but can you explain the scum motivation and how that makes me obv scum? It should be obvious that I didn't know how an inventor role works as evidenced by my post here. The only one I've ever seen put random pieces of non determinate pieces together and gave it to someone without knowing what it did. I didn't know diddin
knew
what he was giving when he gave it and was assuming he gave a "doo wap diddly thing am a jig". I was looking for the confirmation of the role and not town Fate gambiting some nonsense and then a diddin scum team faking it from there since Fate never elaborated on it and diddin never confirmed it yesterday; hence why I asked the player who allegedly received it to claim first. But all that is beside the point and even if I blatantly and consistently contradicted myself what is the scum motivation and the scum gain from that contradiction? How does that
prove
I am scum from your perspective? A contradiction is a contradiction so unless you can assign scum motivation for it you just have a contradiction.
I only read quote walls.

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Magua »

Town
----
Gaoth
Nicodemus
diddin
Regfan
Wraith
Zajnet
xvart
----
Scum

Zajnet is an interesting case. He's usually quick to be lynched in games as town, but no one's really pushing for him here. Wraith and xvart are pushing for eachother more than either of them are even mentioning Zajnet, who's just hanging around in the background. As in, literally, the only votes he's garnered have been RVS D1 votes and then...nothing.

I find a Zajnet + xvart pairing to be very likely, given Zajnet pushes Wraith is scum, Wraith is scum, but is happy to follow Wraith's vote onto CSL as deadline draws near N1. Zajnet-scum + someone-not-xvart-scum makes that a needlessly complicated maneuver.

Zajnet/Wraith pairing is unlikely. Either he'd be bussing Wraith all the way for the towncred or he would've set up a "him or me D2" situation by getting on the opposite wagon, that being xvart.

Zajnet + Regfan is possible. Wraith + xvart is possible but unlikely.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:41 am

Post by Zajnet »

Or, you know, xvart + Regfan...
My GTKAS
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Magua »

Shhh. I'm too busy tunneling on you.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:38 am

Post by xvart »

I'll respond to the recent posts in a bit but I forgot to mention the other reason I wanted the person to claim receipt of an invention was because in Halo mafia I passed a gun around and if I passed it to scum they wouldn't get it (I didn't know this until post game). This is why I asked if he would know if he was roleblocked or not so if diddin was town and nobody confirmed receipt of an invention then it might be because he passed it to scum.
I only read quote walls.

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:30 am

Post by Wraith »

Guys, why are we still considering lynching someone today? It's a tradeoff between a 3/8 chance of nailing scum (between about 6-7 players who can all plausibly be scum at this point) and totally losing the game by mislynching. The odds are against any lynch today being positive and we need to hold it off until tomorrow.
Show

Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Why are you so sure there are 3 scum Wraith?
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”