Post Apocalyptic Mafia - Mini 1226: Over!

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:23 am

Post by xvart »

In post 593, Regfan wrote:The scum motivation behind Xvarts contradiction is obvious, he was attempting to subtly attack and throw suspicion towards me for claiming the power that I was given while advocacting the claiming of it himself.
You mentioned before that you view me as a logical person so you think my logical plan was to force you to claim your given ability and then blatantly attack you for doing so? I'm not very good at being subtle I guess. And you didn't address my clarification and my misunderstanding of the inventor role; but whatever.

I still think claiming is a terrible idea today; but since everyone else is in agreement... I am a refugee. Regfan, you claim next.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Regfan »

I don't understand your misunderstanding of the inventor role at all, it's a relatively straight forward one but I'm going to read into the game you mentioned when I have time. I've already claimed and you showed clear signs of noticing and reading my claim in your previous posts but for the sake of completion of this properly I'll re-claim.

I'm a Refugee, Zajnet, you're next.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:56 am

Post by xvart »

I did miss your refugee claim when you said you were given the doctor ability. I actually didn't mention the specific game where I saw the inventor because I don't remember which one it was (the combine two random things and give it away without knowing what it did). I'll see if I can find it. The game I did mention was where I gave the gun away but it didn't work for scum.
I only read quote walls.

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Votecount 3.03

Gaoth(0)

Regfan(0)
:
Magua(0)
:
Wraith(3)
: Gaoth, Nicodemus, Xvart
Nicodemus(0)
:
Zajnet(0)
:
xvart(2)
: Regfan, Zajnet
diddin(0)
:
No-Lynch (2)
: Magua, Wraith
Not Voting:
diddin

4 Required to No-Lynch.
5 is a majority.
Deadline is in (expired on 2011-09-24 21:00:00)
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Wraith »

Deadline's creeping up on us, guys. You've got two options - Lynch me or No Lynch - and before you decide on that you have to finish this massclaim.

But at this point it's obvious that the game will end today. Gaoth, Nico, and xvart already have votes on me, Diddin is going to vote me after the massclaim, and the hammer will come down from scum. A pity, too, I really thought we might have had a chance.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:58 pm

Post by Zajnet »

Refugee.

Patronizing fearmongering does not score highly on the town-meter.

VOTE: Wraith
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:55 am

Post by Wraith »

Whatever, guys. I should have realized any meaningful contribution on my part in this game was over the moment someone accused me of lurking by declaring a V/LA. Town was own worst enemy.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:08 am

Post by xvart »

UNVOTE:
I only read quote walls.

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:45 am

Post by Gaoth »

In post 607, xvart wrote:UNVOTE:

Why the unvote? Did his AtE break your heart of stone?
Show
Gaoth rhymes with Breath.

"Thanks for being a breath of fresh air Gaoth." - Regfan

Why Slaxx is the best mod ever
tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Town Record: 2-0
Scum Record: 0-1
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:58 am

Post by Regfan »

Four days until the deadline. Gaoth, Nico and Magua, you three may as well claim now, the order doesn't matter but it needs to happen fast.

Xvart is a much better lynch than Wraith still and people should start changing.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Wraith »

This stage in my play is less "AtE" than "I'm going down in flames so I start setting up my post-game rant against idiots"
Show

Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Refugee here.

I'd like Gaoth to claim ASAP.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Magua »

In post 611, Nicodemus wrote:Refugee here.

I'd like Gaoth to claim ASAP.

So everyone besides diddin has claimed Refugee? Boggle.

I'm a
Grateful Refugee
(Modified Compulsive Bodyguard).

Gaoth saved me from an undescribed "certain death" earlier, and so I owe him my life. He is mod confirmed town to me, and I compulsively bodyguard him every Night; kills on him are automatically redirected to me. The mod-confirmation is why I include Gaoth at the top of every townread list of mine.

That gives us:
Hinduragi - Daytalk enabler (for scum, apparently, so, lulz on that kill)
Diddin - Inventor
Magua - Weird-ass speedbump

Since Gaoth is 100% town and will 100% be alive tomorrow, he should not claim if he has a PR or not. I'm going to work under the assumption that he doesn't have a PR for now, which confirms diddin as town because lolnootherprs. I was entertaining diddin-scum as a theory to explain the Fate kill, but it's just not consistent with the claims. The only thing that would make me reconsider this would be Gaoth claiming Cop or similar.

Tentative game plan is:
- Diddin gives third power to Gaoth
- Regfan protects me
- I bg Gaoth

Under this plan, assuming that we don't lose from lynching wrong, Gaoth and I are guaranteed to live to D4, and then Gaoth is guaranteed to live to D5, so it's certain that Gaoth can get diddin's power, whatever it is, off N4.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Gaoth requested a replacement
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Gaoth, due to a case of manic depression (not really) left the game, and sent in Banshee as his replacement. Please welcome our emergency responder with open arms, and if he is comfortable with it, hugs.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by Banshee »

I'm good with hugs. Hi everyone :) Reading this awesome game through now.
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by diddin »

Magua roleblocker fucks that plan to eternity, I'd rather WIFOM my last power.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Wraith »

Oh shit, my reads just got flipped upside down.
Show

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 608, Gaoth wrote:Why the unvote? Did his AtE break your heart of stone?
Nah, just making sure there isn't an accidental hammer while the claiming finishes (and hopefully for Regfan's insight into why there can't possibly be a roleblocker. Don't worry. I fully intend to see Wraith hanging today.

Magua - do you move during the night (i.e. the tracker ability would see you moving to Goath) or does the shot get redirected to you?
I only read quote walls.

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Wraith »

Wow, you have no idea how much that claim made me slap myself in the face. To explain, I was keeping my reads secret due to WIFOM, as said, because I suspected the scumteam was:

-Magua
-Regfan
-Gaoth/Banshee

And I didn't want Magua to know I was seriously starting to suspect him. I thought xvart was town, Zajnet was a dumb town sheep, and Nico was eeeeeh....

Now I'm not sure at all, only that the scum is three of:

Regfan
Nicodemus
Zajnet
xvart

In order of top suspect to least suspect. Now, just because xvart is at the bottom there doesn't mean I think he's not scum, it means I find him least likely to be scum out of these. I'm still unwilling to lynch today, but...this massclaim will make a confirmed townie die tonight, I think. This is why I wanted to No Lynch today and massclaim tomorrow >:(
Show

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by Regfan »

Welcome Banshee, I suggest you update yourself with the game quickly because we're lynching in the day day or two, don't want any deadline shenanigans. I was really expecting masons or neighbours to be in this game, like
really
expecting it, the day talk enabler in the game made communication in QTs likely. I didn't believe there was a roleblocker because with Enabler + Masons + Inventor there would only be only be one role that could be blocked (Being Inventor) though I still think there's probably not a roleblocker, I don't see why mafia wouldn't roleblock Diddin if there was.

Magua,
you're a BG and no mafia is dead, the game must be glitched or broken.
I disagree, I think Banshee should still claim if he has confirmed innocents or guilties or if for instance he was also given a mod-confirmed town knowledge. Right now though the lack of town power means Diddin/You/Gaoth are essentially clears. I'm not fully sold on Wraith-scum, his recent posts and his claimed suspicion of the clears is looking as bad-town meaning Zajnet + Xvart scum-team is looking likely right now but regardless we're lynching Xvart today.

Let me get it right. Magua, you're on Banshee, I'm on you and Diddin gifts Banshee because there's no reason not to, there being a roleblocker in the setup wouldn't be relevant to who gets gifted at all. If that's the case then mafia are forced to shoot me tonight because 2-doc protects meaning them shooting Diddin would be pointless as they'd still have to shoot me the following night.

I'm going to make this 100% clear. If I die don't fucking dare even consider lynching Magua, Diddin, Banshee and perhaps Nicodemus though I'd suggest re-reading into him if the game doesn't end after Xvart and Zajnets lynches.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:58 am

Post by Magua »

In post 616, diddin wrote:Magua roleblocker fucks that plan to eternity, I'd rather WIFOM my last power.

If there was a roleblocker in the setup, you would've been roleblocked last Night.
Alternatively, the plan doesn't matter.

xvart wrote:Magua - do you move during the night (i.e. the tracker ability would see you moving to Goath) or does the shot get redirected to you?

I assume its the former, but I'll ask Slaxx.

Banshee should claim if she'd think it'd be helpful to town, but otherwise not. Strong pr or results => claim, otherwise, no.

I'm good with this plan that involves Regfan dying.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:15 am

Post by Banshee »

Okay, in order.

I'm a Brave Refugee. I saved someone once, and since then he has stuck with me and guarded me every night. I know he is mod-confirmed town. The player of that role is Magua. I don't have any other special powers.

I know that Magua and I are town. I know that Diddin is town by way of his Inventor status being confirmed by Fate. I think Wraith's comment about WIFOM arising if he revealed his reads is ridiculous. Revealing your reads will not cause WIFOM. What it will do is to pin you down and force you to explain any shifts in your reads that may seem expedient later on, especially if you're scum. Scum HATE to be tied down to their reads because they can't switch suspicions easily if that becomes necessary or desirable. To me this is a huge scumtell. Fate has it right early on, too, when he points out that having no town reads is a scumtell as well. Wraith has neither one.

The other person on my scumlist right now is Xvart, mainly from things occurring around Fate and the responses when Palisade was making his big move. I need a better reread before I can make a solid case there though.

I'm still voting Wraith, confirming Gaoth's vote.

CONFIRMVOTE: Wraith

I'd have to be convinced to no-lynch at this point. I'm open to reasoning on that, but I think a Wraith lynch is preferable.
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:22 am

Post by Banshee »

ETA: There's no point in concealing my role at this point imo. Also, it's important to note that we don't have even one actual scumflip to work off and that will continue to be true unless we lynch scum today. I think Wraith is scum and I'm putting my vote there as the best chance for town to win. I don't want to go into tomorrow with one more townie down and no more information than we have right now.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:23 am

Post by xvart »

In post 620, Regfan wrote:
I'm going to make this 100% clear. If I die don't fucking dare even consider lynching Magua, Diddin, Banshee and perhaps Nicodemus though I'd suggest re-reading into him if the game doesn't end after Xvart and Zajnets lynches.
Way to be melodramatic. Regardless of who dies tonight we most likely aren't lynching any of those people.

In post 621, Magua wrote:I'm good with this plan that involves Regfan dying.
Me too.

Okay, everything is out there now.

VOTE: Wraith
I only read quote walls.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”