Newbie 1136: DarthYoshi's Dystopia of Death (Fin--who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Three, Vote Count the Fourth

4nxi3ty (1): Johhog
Not voting (4): AeRyung, Stels, ConSpiracy, 4nxi3ty

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch, and 3 to no lynch.

The deadline is currently set for 8:00 am Pacific Daylight Time, Thursday, September 22.

As ever, any questions or concerns, please let me know.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:38 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

In post 806, Johhog wrote:Obviously I can't answer about the Paradox part, as I have no idea about his reasoning.

That doesn't mean it isn't scummy.
In post 806, Johhog wrote:

The first example is right after he caught up:
In post 210, he says his four scumreads were Ghostlin, Theam, AeRyung and Soulblade. However he only continues his reads on Ghostlin and Theam. Both were the biggest wagons at that time.

Correct. I can't pursue four scumreads simultaneously, so obviously I had to choose my biggest ones. AeRyung was mostly a vague gut feeling I got when I first read the thread. Soulblade's status as scum was at the time, in my mind, very dependant on Ghostlin flipping scum..

Yeah, but you didn't pursue your other two scumreads at all. That's fake.
A second example is here:
In post 475, he posts that the night-kill might be done to frame Theam. He did this after both Theam himself (In post 466) and Morthas (In post 469) said this. And after being called out for it, he suddenly changes his opinion to "that's not the reason" (In post 483).

Well, do you think that I should refrain from posting my opinions just because someone else agrees? I don't think so, eh? As for post #483 I clearly said "If we try to leave all of the WIFOM out", the WIFOM of course being if the kill was designed to frame Theam or not..

You discredited a theory "you thought of yourself" with those 10 words? No way that would happen, as you would have thought of it yourself as well (the WIFOM part)
a third example can be found in these posts:
In post 650, he says for the first time that he thinks aobut a CS-Theam scum-team, directly after 4nx said that.
In post 662, he posts that the CS-Theam scum-team looks a lot more possible to him.
And in post 665, I am Theam's scumbuddy. Before 4nx said anything like that he didn't even think of the idea and he switched from "maybe" to "it is" in 15 posts.

I like to reread. IIRC I partly did a reread during that time..

LAWL, one reread makes me from possible to obv-scumbuddy after never having noticed it? Yeah, no.
Johhog on Ghostlin's claim

When Ghostlin had four votes on him and hiplop asks for a claim, he reacts quite odd. His first reaction (In post 255) he said that Ghostlin claiming VT would mean town should lynch him. That way he gives himself a good reason to place the hammer, as he apparently thought that Ghostlin would claim VT. However, after Ghostlin claimed Jailkeeper, his reaction changes a lot. His first reaction (In post 290) he says he doesn't believe the claim at all, with a reason that Ghostlin was just trying to survive as scum. This is odd, because it wouldn't have mattered what Ghostlin claimed: VT means autolynch, PR means scum trying to survive. That is not everything, though. A few posts later (post 296, post 298 and post 305) Scum always fakes PR to avoid being lynched and the claim shouldn't matter at all to the reads. Johhog bent his "rules" about claiming to his scummy liking, so he has a reason to support the wagon.

Yes? VT = Autolynch according to me, at least that early. If he claim a PR we have to think it over a little more, but in Newbie Games scum almost always claim a PR if they're facing a lynch, so therefore it's full of WIFOM and I don't really take the claim into account that often. My philosophy tends to be that we probably should lynch those that we got to a claim (on Day 1 that is)..

You said: "The problem is that if he claims VT, we have to auto-lynch him." If you think the way you are saying now, you'd not have said it this way, but more like: If he claims, we most likely have to lynch him." With this post you said that VT means auto-lynch and leaves a PR open, not that we should lynch regardless of the claim.
Johhog's self-discrediting

A minor, yet addable reason that has to be mentioned, as well. In post 506, he mentions his own gut to be "paranoid" and says his gut feeling for Stels is "not so strong" and "partially OMGUS". It is a common scum tell for new scum to discredit their own reads. They do that, because it is easy to come off as not very confident and this way that's easy to accomplish.

Oh, this one is complete bullshit though. I'm a very honest player, and I've a hard time to lie even the slightest. I thought it would be fair to tell you that my gut is paranoid, and it's ALWAYS influenced by OMGUS (sadly). How is telling you this a scumtell?.

I smell WIFOM. Anyways, it's a scum-tell, because it discredits your own reads. It lets you have less responsibility on your reads.

Johhog's nervous reaction

I could make a long story, but first read this post:
In post 661, Johhog wrote:
4nxi3ty wrote:If theam self - vote Johog =scum.

If he self-votes as town or scum? What do you mean?

When day 2 was halfway done, Johhog treats Theam as obvious scum. Then 4nx says this, and he suddenly wants to know if 4nx means town or scum. He suddenly isn't sure of his scum read whereas in his other posts the only thing he posts is obv. scum remarks. He is nervous as to what 4nx means, as he doesn't want to have suspcions and therefore totally forgot that he had suspicions on Theam. That's nervous scum.

I wanted to convince myself that Theam was scum. I was
so
sure, but there still was this small voice in my head telling me that he was town based on his late-D2 play. And I asked because 4nxi3ty never explained his post. He still hasn't..

I call bull shit. You wouldn't have to worry about it if you had a strongs scum read on Theam as you pretended to have.
In post 806, Johhog wrote:Oh, a slight thing I noticed: You say "4nx" instead of "4nxi3ty". I'm almost sure you're the only one here who does that. A very small thing, but still interesting..

I shorten every name if I am saying it often. And of course when it makes sense.
In post 806, Johhog wrote:CS, in short you're case is very fucking weird. I have to agree with a lot of your case, as it actually describes what I've been doing pretty accurately. I don't get how it's scummy though. To me it seems that you try to paint perfectly normal behaviour and sometimes outright town behaviour as scummy. I don't know what to say, but I don't particularly like the case.

That's fine. It's normal if you are scum.

@4nx
, why did you unvote?
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:45 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Prodding AeRyung.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:19 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

thinking johhog and stels might be town buddies and cs/aery couldn't coordinate a quicklynch.
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by AeRyung »

Sorry, back again. Well, well... 4 more days until lynch! I've been very busy with school so I havent been able to come on regularly, so I apologize for that. Johhog, you say that you go by your gut but it sounds like a good excuse for scum to use for his "misreads"
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
LoL: AeRyung
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by Stels »

In post 828, 4nxi3ty wrote:thinking johhog and stels might be town buddies and cs/aery couldn't coordinate a quicklynch.

Yet AeRyung has been pushing for a CS lynch. Although not as of the moment... hmm.....
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Post by AeRyung »

Considering this game is almost over, I want to be more careful on who I choose to vote for, stels, if that's what you're worried about. Everyone looks scummy at this point. You seem scummy too because it seems like your posts have become non evident since theam has been lynched. Once some had eyeballed you for suspicion, you became gentle and passive, as opposed to being the most verbally aggressive one out of everyone here. Why the sudden change in attitude, cowboy? ;D
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:27 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

4nxi3ty wrote:thinking johhog and stels might be town buddies and cs/aery couldn't coordinate a quicklynch.

You think so? Because I could have easily dropped my vote on Johhog as of my case. However I wanted an answer on it.
Johhog can you please answer the case before tomorrow?

I will think today aobut the possibility of an 4nx-Aer scum-team. Tomorrow I will put my vote down.

With that:
@mod:
V/La this week. Most likely only be able to post on tuesday (and a small chance on thursday).
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:27 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 830, Stels wrote:
In post 828, 4nxi3ty wrote:thinking johhog and stels might be town buddies and cs/aery couldn't coordinate a quicklynch.

Yet AeRyung has been pushing for a CS lynch. Although not as of the moment... hmm.....

nvm i feel better about my vote now.
vote: johhog
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Johhog »

In post 826, ConSpiracy wrote:That doesn't mean it isn't scummy.

Correct.
In post 826, ConSpiracy wrote:Yeah, but you didn't pursue your other two scumreads at all. That's fake.

Did you even read my answer? I just told you that I can't pursue four scumreads simultaneously.
In post 826, ConSpiracy wrote:You discredited a theory "you thought of yourself" with those 10 words? No way that would happen, as you would have thought of it yourself as well (the WIFOM part)

I didn't, I was just trying to find other reasons on why Theam was killed. Do you always stick to one guess, or what?
In post 826, ConSpiracy wrote:LAWL, one reread makes me from possible to obv-scumbuddy after never having noticed it? Yeah, no.

Yes. You're not supposed to just look at the thread when you reread. You THINK. Try doing that.
In post 826, ConSpiracy wrote:You said: "The problem is that if he claims VT, we have to auto-lynch him." If you think the way you are saying now, you'd not have said it this way, but more like: If he claims, we most likely have to lynch him." With this post you said that VT means auto-lynch and leaves a PR open, not that we should lynch regardless of the claim.

Stop fucking around nitpicking on my word choices. You're starting to annoy me now. HUGE fucking deal if I use another word than you would've used?
In post 826, ConSpiracy wrote:I smell WIFOM. Anyways, it's a scum-tell, because it discredits your own reads. It lets you have less responsibility on your reads.

I suppose I'm scum in all of my games then. :roll:
In post 826, ConSpiracy wrote:I call bull shit. You wouldn't have to worry about it if you had a strongs scum read on Theam as you pretended to have.

WTF is wrong with you CS? You're seriously saying that you should NOT convince yourself that your scumreads is scum. Seriously? You like to quicklynch, am I right?
In post 826, ConSpiracy wrote:I shorten every name if I am saying it often. And of course when it makes sense.

You're a bad liar.
In post 826, ConSpiracy wrote:That's fine. It's normal if you are scum.

The only response? The. Only. Response? I thought your answer to this one was going to be the longest paragraph in your "case" but apparently I was wrong. So you're scum, right? You can't even bother to comment on why your case is discrediting my normal behaviour as scummy?
In post 833, 4nxi3ty wrote:

I'm not sure about Stels any more. CS is looking like a bigger suspect by his case alone, as it's full of bullshit. 4nxi3ty needs to die first though. Also AeRyung is lurking too much, almost like she thinks she has it in the bag and it's not worth to participate. SCUM EVERYWHERE! :shifty:
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:11 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Three, Vote Count the Fifth

4nxi3ty (1): Johhog
Johhog (1): 4nxi3ty
Not Voting (3): Stels, AeRyung, ConSpiracy

With 5 to lynch, it takes 3 to lynch and 3 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for 8:00 am Pacific Daylight Time, Thursday, September 22.

CS's V/LA is noted. As before, though, a week V/LA is pushing it. If it is any longer, I reserve the right to force replace you.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Stels »

In post 831, AeRyung wrote:Considering this game is almost over, I want to be more careful on who I choose to vote for, stels, if that's what you're worried about. Everyone looks scummy at this point. You seem scummy too because it seems like your posts have become non evident since theam has been lynched. Once some had eyeballed you for suspicion, you became gentle and passive, as opposed to being the most verbally aggressive one out of everyone here. Why the sudden change in attitude, cowboy? ;D

I see you like your men wild.
=========================
Also, I agree on the Anxiety lynch. He has flip-flopped for quite a while during D3.

In post 833, 4nxi3ty wrote:

And the two things in this post are unrelated.

I will give CS time to answer, then I will put down my vote on Anxiety regardless.
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:19 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

All right, I am in no mood to waste a lot of time to wrapping quote tags arount the things Johhog said, so i will do it per point.

1. Yeah you can. At least more than leaving them alone (or agreeing with them) like you nearly did. But for scum it's better to follow the biggest wagons, as that would more likely result in a town lynch. (of course, if they are town)
2. I gave up on NK-analysis in newbie games. I only use it when there is such an obvious reason for it. Anyways, the point I made didn't reach you. You thought about the reason for the night kill (as is shown in your post), but still told us the idea. Later on you vanish your idea with a reason that is easy enough to think about yourself. How convenient to do that after being called out for it.
3. No need for ad hom. Off course thinking is needed when rereading, but going for an obv-scumteam read is bad if that wasn't even noticed before.
4. It's not nitpicking, it is showing why you adjusted your opinion to an positive effect.
5. Ooh, self-meta. No other defense any more? Scum like to self-meta.
6. No you shouldn't when they were already confirmed scum to you. Especially if you tried to link him in a scumteam, something that means that he is already conf. scum to you. Also, this answer has no relation as the question wasn't about that.
7. That's all? I'm not lying. I called theamatuer theam all the time, and we aren't a scumteam.
8. Why? I told in every point seperately why it you were wrong. There is no need to say every thing again.

I have thought about the 4nx-Aeryung scum-team. It would make sense (4nx voting Johhog, waiting for me to vote so AeR could quickhammer), but AeR is too much of a town read to me.
Let's end this.
Vote: Johhog

This way, if Stels/AeR post without voting Johhog, these are the only teams left:
Every one with Johhog
4nx-CS.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:43 am

Post by Johhog »

I will fucking strangle you post-game. You ain't even giving me the chance to response. You should know better as an experienced player.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:51 am

Post by Johhog »

BTW this game is over now, I think Stels will do the right thing (if he isn't scum) but AeRyung will vote me quickly regardless if she's scum or town.

FFS guys, you can still change your mind! I'm not letting town lose this game this easy. There isn't even a real case against me.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Stels »

VOTE: Anxiety
My choice stands firm. Scum should be lynched. Anxiety is my pick.
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by AeRyung »

hmm... I need to reread some of these pages. Everyones pointing fingers and I'm currently a little lost in who to vote for. And no, I will not listen to any of you scummys. Where did Anxiety go?
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by Johhog »

I suppose you will vote for me in the end, but if you have any questions to me, ask away.
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:18 pm

Post by AeRyung »

There are two reasons why I'd vote for you. Your opinion on Ghostlin's claim saying that it seemed "desperate" for survival, and your post for when theam was lynched. Your assumptions turned out to be FALSE when you were so adament about them. Tell me why I shouldn't cast a vote on you.
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:03 am

Post by Johhog »

Sorry, I'm at work now. Do you think it can wait until tonight? If not I can probably write something short together quickly.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:32 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Three, Vote Count the Sixth

Johhog (2): 4nxi3ty, ConSpiracy
4nxi3ty (2): Johhog, Stels
Not Voting (1): AeRyung

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch, and 3 to no-lynch.

ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:44 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

unvote: Johhog
vote: 4nxi3ty

Stels, please be quicker with the quicklynch next time. There's a reason it isn't called a slowlynch.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:19 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

aw good game
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:59 am

Post by Johhog »

In post 846, ConSpiracy wrote:
unvote: Johhog
vote: 4nxi3ty

Stels, please be quicker with the quicklynch next time. There's a reason it isn't called a slowlynch.

I love you. I hope you did not take offence with my cursing on you Day 3, I was trying to make it look like I was really mad at getting caught (because I thought I would get lynched in the end).

So now I've desperately tried to delay the game the last days, as I was afraid AeRyung would vote me (and she probably would've too in a day or so). One question though CS, why did you put your vote on me during Day 3? I was almost punching my screen in rage when you did that. Stels said he would vote 4nxi3ty after your response, but when you voted me we went through the risk that AeRyung would quicklynch me. Was you going for towncred, or what?

Btw, good game everyone.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:01 am

Post by Johhog »

And I absolutely hate playing as scum, as I'm playing at least 5 times better as town. Glad we got rid of hiplop, he would've caught me in the end I think.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”