creampuffeater
creampuffeater
Virgin
creampuffeater
Virgin
Virgin

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:11 am

Post by creampuffeater »

going back to the joke thing, I have found that I joke more as town, than mafia. I think that is because when im mafia I am all serious, and when I am town I am a lot more laid back and not thinking 24/7 about the game.
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:32 am

Post by neongrey »

Eh, joking seems more like a stylistic thing to me, than a scum/town thing.

I know if I can make myself seem funny, I'll do it, and damn alignment.
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:09 am

Post by Twomz »

Don't the people that say that joking is a mafia tell usually end up being mafia trying to throw the town off?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:10 am

Post by Fuldu »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:
Twomz wrote:I just assume that everyone is joking, because almost everything i say is a joke (except that) (and that).
Really?
That's very interesting considering it has been said before in this thread that joke posts generally come from scum.
I think that point that's being missed in the discussion of joking being a scum trait versus a town trait is that it isn't just a matter of joking. It's a matter of whether there are entire posts that are nothing but jokes, and (usually) a question of whether there are more than just one or two of them. Joking in the context of an otherwise useful post isn't indicative of anything. And a single post that's just jokes and non-contributive isn't indicative of much. But when a player begins to present a pattern of that behavior, it becomes much more likely that they're trying to give the appearance of participation without actually doing anything. Jokes aren't the only sort of post that I look for of this sort, but they're generally the easiest to spot.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:33 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mr. Flay wrote: Yosarian, all kidding aside, wouldn't that make Fritzler the lynch for today and TSA maybe tomorrow? I guess it doesn't matter either way, they're either scum or not, just trying to make sure I understand your analysis there.
TSA's defense of Fritzer was what origionally got my attention, but the main reason I'm voting for TSA right now is because of the way he's been flying under the radar.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:43 am

Post by Fritzler »

Mr. Flay wrote:Yosarian, all kidding aside, wouldn't that make Fritzler the lynch for today and TSA maybe tomorrow? I guess it doesn't matter either way, they're either scum or not, just trying to make sure I understand your analysis there.

Really, I think Fritzler is less than helpful as town, and dangerous as scum, because he's so random/hard-to-read. Hence my vote.
Why do you say this, but earlier you said you thought you had me read because i didn't jump on a bandwagon?
Surfs up dude.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:27 am

Post by TheCesspit »

TheCesspit wrote:
I will be away for the weekend, so please don't expect too much input from me.
Twomz wrote:
It kind of sucks that both of my main suspects can't respond for a while (although Cesspit says he'll be back saturday).
unvote
for now. :( Once everyone's back to posting we can revisit this train of thought.
I didn't, I said I'd be away over the weekend. I'm back now (Sunday evening, GMT) and catching up.

Reading through, but thought I'd clear this up as soon as I saw it.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:51 am

Post by TheCesspit »

Been through. Not much to add right now as it's late. Except:

unvote

I think Hez's theory is wrong now.

There's nothing scummy about MoS I've seen today, and the nightkill was an attempt to give creedence to his logic so myself or MoS was lynched Day 2.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:52 pm

Post by Twomz »

@ Fuldu: Very well put *applause*

@ Cesspit: Your last post sounded to me like "When MoS gets killed and turns up town, i can point back to this to look less scummy." Although mafia killing Hez in a fit of WIFOM to get us to waste a lynch was one of my 3 reasons the mafia might have killed Hez.

This only strengthens my belief that one of Cesspit or MoS is scum... but, i think it's safe to pursue other routes for now, and come back on them later, after more evidence has been presented (hopefully narrowing the choice of which one is scum).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:26 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Twomz wrote:@ Fuldu: Very well put *applause*

@ Cesspit: Your last post sounded to me like "When MoS gets killed and turns up town, i can point back to this to look less scummy." Although mafia killing Hez in a fit of WIFOM to get us to waste a lynch was one of my 3 reasons the mafia might have killed Hez.

This only strengthens my belief that one of Cesspit or MoS is scum... but, i think it's safe to pursue other routes for now, and come back on them later, after more evidence has been presented (hopefully narrowing the choice of which one is scum).
Wait, you're saying that Cesspit trying to make a copout post makes you more positive that I could be scum?
Permanent V/LA.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:37 pm

Post by Twomz »

I'm sorry... "This only strengthens my belief that
at least
one of Cesspit or MoS is scum." Better? Right now all i have is speculation and WIFOM (= not much) which is why i'm not pursuing y'all. But, Cesspit's last comment brought him up higher on my scumdar.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:40 pm

ok, i can buy that.
Permanent V/LA.
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:56 pm

Post by broomhead »

Twomz wrote:I'm sorry... "This only strengthens my belief that
at least
one of Cesspit or MoS is scum." Better? Right now all i have is speculation and WIFOM (= not much) which is why i'm not pursuing y'all. But, Cesspit's last comment brought him up higher on my scumdar.
anh, maybe, i agree with you in this case, but really you can make a link from most people to each other, what you really should know before it's concrete is weather either of the players are prone to defending people they are/are not associated with
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:59 pm

unfortunately, from what I can tell, Cesspit seems to have played less than 10 games on the site so far, so he doesn't really ahve a documented playstyle as of yet.
Permanent V/LA.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:39 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Fritzler wrote:Why do you say this, but earlier you said you thought you had me read because i didn't jump on a bandwagon?
Mr. Flay on Day One wrote:Fritzler inexplicably jumps on the stalled MoS bandwagon, ignoring tidus completely.
And that was before we lynched tidus and found out he's scum. Who am I voting currently? The prosecution rests.

DG: actually, that's not the correct song I'm thinking of. More to the point, this whole "just joking" thing seems to point at you from the get-go, as you've been all over the sanity map thus far... I've not played with you before though, so I don't know if you're always like this.

MoS: Why can't you document someone's playstyle before they get to ten games? Regardless, that comment about Hez's theory was pretty scummy.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:39 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Errr, Cesspit's comment, not MoS's....less pronouns, please.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:06 pm

Mr. Flay wrote:
Fritzler wrote:Why do you say this, but earlier you said you thought you had me read because i didn't jump on a bandwagon?
Mr. Flay on Day One wrote:Fritzler inexplicably jumps on the stalled MoS bandwagon, ignoring tidus completely.
And that was before we lynched tidus and found out he's scum. Who am I voting currently? The prosecution rests.

DG: actually, that's not the correct song I'm thinking of. More to the point, this whole "just joking" thing seems to point at you from the get-go, as you've been all over the sanity map thus far... I've not played with you before though, so I don't know if you're always like this.

MoS: Why can't you document someone's playstyle before they get to ten games? Regardless, that comment about Hez's theory was pretty scummy.
I just don't think 10 games provides enough variety (and repeated experiences in said varieties) to be able to truly capture the essence of someone's playstyle. Maybe that's just me being elitist or something, but that's how I feel.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:07 pm

Mr. Flay wrote:Errr, Cesspit's comment, not MoS's....less pronouns, please.
I knew what u meant :P
Permanent V/LA.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:49 pm

Post by TheCesspit »

Twomz wrote:@ Fuldu: Very well put *applause*

I suppose it's a case of what ever I do is wrong here. MoS hasn't acted scummy at any point except for his inital posts.

I have from the comments made.

Thus the reflection is if Hez is correct, one of me and MoS is scum. Only one of us has been commeted on as scum excessively. Thus it leads that if Hez is right, I must be scum.

Except I (and the 3 living scum) know that I am not. This leads believe that my initial assessment of Hez being correct is wrong, thus my vote is the wrong place.

So I unvoted.

Now, it could be I want to use this as a case for myself later. But to be hoest, I still expect to be the lynchee today, as there's enough people gunning for me due to my bad play. I wouldn't use that comment as evidence later that would make me less scummy. In fact, how could it?

I make a conjecture that looks to be false and then revise it as it now seems false. My revision of a conjecture would hardly be any sort of proof to make me less scummy, as some people would still say "well, Hez was killed, and he said one of you two were scum, so hence if it's not MoS, it's you", despite my now -belief- that it's wrong.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:55 pm

Post by TheCesspit »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
My 3 main suspects are Cesspit, Fritzler and Twomz.

Since I expressed this opinion, Twomz unvoted MoS in favor of Cesspit, distancing himself from Cesspit after Cesspit cast a copycat vote on MoS following Twomz's lead.

Twomz votes TSAGod now, smelling a bandwagon?

<snip>

MoS FOSs Twomz. Erm - why not a vote? Check this out:

Vote: Twomz

Twomz has taken several oppurtunities to attack me, and switch votes happily between wherever they can be some steam.

He also posted a mis-leading note about my return date (could have been a mistake, but I never mentioned a day at all).

Plus DG's comments above.

It'll probably still be me at the end of the day, but:

Vote: Twomz
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:20 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Mr. Flay wrote:
DG: [...] this whole "just joking" thing seems to point at you from the get-go, as you've been all over the sanity map thus far... I've not played with you before though, so I don't know if you're always like this.
The "just joking" thing does NOT point at me. Let me acquaint you with my playstyle personally. I won't let you get away with saying that the "just joking" pointed at me.

The only jokes I did was to "show" MoS how to vote for Twomz instead of merely FOS'ing him, and to refer to "Barnes and Barnes" as fellow goofballs. Sorry - I won't let you paint me as the Himalayan Jester.

However...
Twomz wrote:I just assume that everyone is joking, because almost everything i say is a joke (except that) (and that). OMG! I'm doing it again!! :(.
... if you're looking for a clown, Twomz is your man, by his own admission.

I find your misportrayal of myself as the joker, rather than Twomz, pretty scummy, unless its due to a lack of attention on your part. I rather believe that's NOT the case, though.

I've been analyzing, prodding, asking pointed questions. I was among the first players to vote tidus off following MoS's argument, and I've been defending MoS ever since because I truly believe he's on our side. If Fuldu is to be believed, I don't have a pattern of joke fluff posts, I am taking firm stands and risks. I'm no scumedian.

NB: Puns don't count as jokes.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:49 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

The engagement party was yesterday, so give me a moment or two to catch up here...
Fuldu in RE: Flay wrote: Voting after the hammer has already dropped, expressing doubts about the veracity of the scum claim, and especially venting about quitting all point to scum, to me.
Me too, and he was going to initially get my vote for it... but since then, there have been more interesting and scummy developments. Flay also sums a good point by stating:
Flay wrote: The only time I've ever not been annoyed at a quitter was in an old-style Newbie game when the Cop & Doc had us dead to rights. Other than that, I take the same attitude toward it that I do toward replacements; I think they damage the game and make it harder to enjoy/play. You already alluded to the fact that a bunch of people are now both simultaneously "off the hook" for voting their possible scum partner, and more suspicious for voting after he claimed scum (including me). How does that part make our job easier?
And it's true. We all fall into the the mindset of voting pattern recognizition. In this case, do we have a case of a scum who quit? Sure. Now, the question remained.. was scum already on the wagon or not?

My gut tells me yes.

Regardless, back to finding scum...

TSAGod's reminicent of a terrible pro-town player who didn't realize this game is townie only and no power roles. Upsettingly, may of the "new breed" of mafia players don't know how to use deductive reasoning in order to find scum, rather than all sorts off odd quirks and powers.

I'm going to lay off of TSAGod for now. He seems uninvolved, and with a game like this, it's bothersome. I would much rather him replaced if his participation doesn't pick up.

My vote on MoS yesterday was on the basis of "under the radar", and today, I find no reason to vote him, either.

My vote will go to Dripping Goofball, as it has before, as well, because of the following:

Her slip about Fritzler (am I the only one who caught this? READ THE PBPA, my first post)

Couple this with her erratic behaviour today, I believe it's probably wise to
Vote: Dripping Goofball
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:06 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

LoudmouthLee wrote:Her slip about Fritzler (am I the only one who caught this? READ THE PBPA, my first post)

Couple this with her erratic behaviour today, I believe it's probably wise to
Vote: Dripping Goofball
Pfffft! You think you're going to start a bandwagon over that?

Hey, I thought you were "back to finding scum."

If those are your "criteria" for voting scum, why pick me out of the crowd? There's plenty better candidates to choose from, using your very own sort of arguments!

Sounds like another victim of high-altitude madness.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
creampuffeater
creampuffeater
Virgin
creampuffeater
Virgin
Virgin

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:12 am

Post by creampuffeater »

I really dont find DG all that scummy, but Fritz has been one of the quietist people here, and he usually is all out crazy so
Fos: Fritz
. I find Fritz behavior unnormal, but I never have seen him scum so I dont know what to look for. I just think its strange for someone as active as him to stay low, and not post much.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”