The Children of Húrin Mafia (GREAT REVIVAL)

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by SpyreX »

My favorite part about this is just like at a dinner party when you all get together and start gossiping about a girl and, lo and behold, moments later she shows up and starts tittering on.

Its like they can smell it.

Or, perhaps, like they've been listening all along.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Do tell!
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by Furcolow »

peregrine i wasnt talking to you, i was talking to feysal
the we in my post is us collectively
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Plum »

When the Fell Winter withdrew new tidings of Nargothrond came to Doriath. For some that escaped from the sack, and had survived the winter in the wild, came at last seeking refuge with Thingol, and the march-wards brought them to the King. And some said that all the enemy had withdrawn northwards, and others that Glaurung abode still in the halls of Felagund; and some said that the Mormegil was slain, and others that he was cast under a spell by the Dragon and dwelt there yet, as one changed to stone. But all declared that it was known in Nargothrond ere the end that the Blacksword was none other than Túrin son of Húrin of Dor-lómin.

Then great was the fear and sorrow of Morwen and Niënor; and Morwen said: 'Such doubt is the very work of Morgoth! May we not learn the truth, and know surely the worst that we must endure?'

Now Thingol himself desired greatly to know more of the fate of Nargothrond, and he had in mind already the sending out of some that might go warily thither, but he believed that Túrin was indeed slain or beyond rescue, and he was loath to see the hour when Morwen should know this clearly. Therefore he said to her: 'This is a perilous matter, Lady of Dor-lómin, and must be pondered. Such doubt may in truth be the work of Morgoth, to draw us on to some rashness.'

But Morwen being distraught cried: 'Rashness, lord! If my son lurks in the woods hungry, if he lingers in bonds, if his body lies unburied, then I would be rash. I would lose no hour to go to seek him.'

The Children of Húrin (198-199)

VOTE COUNT #1.14kanyeknowsbest - 6 - Will-o-wisp, mockingjaye, Wraith, Sun and Moon, PeregrineV, Espeonage
Feysal - 5 - Mastermind of Sin, MagnaofIllusion, LordChronos, Andrius, gandalf5166
LordChronos - 1 - VitaminR
PeregrineV -
- Dekes, Feysal, Empking, SpyreX, Gut, kanyeknowsbest, Furcolow, Magister Ludi

Not Voting (2): Chronopie, Ellibereth

With 22 alive it will take 12 votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day 1: (expired on 2011-09-25 00:35:00)
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by Furcolow »

unvote
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by Furcolow »

In post 797, Feysal wrote:
In post 788, Mastermind of Sin wrote:dunno. Still waiting on someone to answer my meta question about Furc.

Furcolow answered it himself...

In post 597, Furcolow wrote:I put in less, and I lurk, unless it comes to coordinating nightkills, with which I am pretty fiery.

For what it's worth, I can confirm this. I have played with Furcolow as town twice, and as scum once. The scum game was Mafia Holographica, where Furcolow lurked his way through the game, and after the town had destroyed itself by infighting, he endgamed me. Don't know about the night kill coordination part, but since that does not happen in public anyway, who cares.

I'm pretty sure that Furcolow is town this game. He tends to be spammy as town, and true to that meta he has a significant share of the posts in this thread to his name. Metas can be faked of course, but to tell the truth, I don't think Furcolow has it in him.

I fake metas all the time
I duped a guy with a meta with which I used to always fakeclaim as town
:)
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:08 am

Post by VitaminR »

Unvote, Vote: PeregrineV

I can get behind a Peregrine wagon. It's better than the alternatives and he magically shows up in a big way just when he's being attacked and responds only with condescension towards Feysal's inconsistency. Not really a town response, IMO.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:41 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 806, VitaminR wrote:

I can get behind a Peregrine wagon. It's better than the alternatives and he magically shows up in a big way just when he's being attacked and responds only with condescension towards Feysal's inconsistency. Not really a town response, IMO.

Yeah, Peregrine shows up just as magically as his wagon. Now don't get me wrong, I can get behind a Lurker!Peregrine wagon, as I have meta on lurkerscum Peregrine as well (Mass Effect). BUT NOT TODAY.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:51 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 806, VitaminR wrote:

Great 12th post. Are you lurking scum too, or is that just me?

Nothing magical. I read and post content. No additional content, no post.

So, since you are agreeing that Feysal is inconsistent, what should my response be? And how was is condescending to point it out?

And please describe your special relationship with Feysal. You know he's town.

In post 359, VitaminR wrote:
In post 315, Gut wrote:Tell your partner he's wrong.

Unvote, vote: Katsuki

Why Katsuki?

In post 454, VitaminR wrote:Well, Katsuki is town.

Gut, please explain why you think Katsuki is scum.

And of course Gut says:
In post 489, Gut wrote:
Unvote, vote: SpyreX
and nothing else. But you're ok with that, you didn't really mean your questions, because your sure not pressing for answers.

In post 702, Plum wrote:
VOTE COUNT #1.12gandalf5166 - 2 - kanyeknowsbest, SpyreX
kanyeknowsbest -
- Will-o-wisp, mockingjaye, Wraith, Magister Ludi, Sun and Moon, Gut, PeregrineV, Feysal, Espeonage
Feysal - 7 - Mastermind of Sin, MagnaofIllusion, LordChronos, Andrius, gandalf5166, Empking, Furcolow
LordChronos - 1 - VitaminR
PeregrineV - 1 - Dekes

[/b]

As a matter of fact, Feysal was up to 7 voters at one time, none of which was Gut, and you asked or addressed none of the voters.

So, in addition to your Feysal relationship, the whole town would like to hear about your Gut relationship.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:12 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@SpyreX- I haven't figured out your town motivation for your princess thing.

If you have the role Beloved Princess, then it is in Mafia's interest to kill you to gain a free night of actions.

If you are some flavor role of princess, I saw no mention of it in any of the flavor discussions.

Your scum motivation, obviously, would be to swing along as the "Beloved Princess" who never gets NK for some weird reason until much later in the game when it hurts town. And also the WIFOM caused by your "role" which would make town generally hesitant to lynch you.

So, why come out instead of playing normal and just try to stay alive as long as possible if your death would hurt town?
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Espeonage »

Umm, depends on the princess variant. Some don't give an extra night unless they are lynched.
Don't @ me.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Are you trying to peer into a Beautiful Princesses bedroom? To read my diary and see my secrets.

Well I never. Such a rogue has no place in this castle!
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by VitaminR »

In post 808, PeregrineV wrote:
Great 12th post. Are you lurking scum too, or is that just me?

Nothing magical. I read and post content. No additional content, no post.

Sure, I'm not the most active player, but how is that relevant? Fine, the fact that you showed up just then is probably not supersignificant. It's certainly not a major reason for voting you. I'm voting you mainly because I didn't have a good feeling about you initially, I didn't think your reaction to the wagon was particularly town, and none of the alternative wagons make me very happy.

In post 808, PeregrineV wrote:So, since you are agreeing that Feysal is inconsistent, what should my response be? And how was is condescending to point it out?

People change their minds. It's a very easy thing to pick at. Instead of answering Feysal's productively, you just sort of harped on about him changing his mind. Felt like an easy attempt to discredit him.

In post 808, PeregrineV wrote:And please describe your special relationship with Feysal. You know he's town.

Um, I don't know absolutely sure that he's town, but it's mainly based on Kats, who I think was town for his response to MoI (I've talked about this before).

In post 808, PeregrineV wrote:
As a matter of fact, Feysal was up to 7 voters at one time, none of which was Gut, and you asked or addressed none of the voters.

So, in addition to your Feysal relationship, the whole town would like to hear about your Gut relationship.

I happen to know Gut quite well and the Kats read seemed unlike what I would expect from him. So that's why I asked (and I'd still like an answer).
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by Furcolow »

revote: peregrineV

rolefishing way worse than he should have
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Lets do it.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I have no school next week.
Can we just lynch someone so I can catch up over night and then win tomorrrrrrow.

Any lurker lynch is good
except for me

p.s.
If I cared about there being a wagon or no wagon or not any wagon.
if there's a case against peregrine I'm against wagon
but if he's lurker or there's no case I'm for

But I don't care

Ohfuckit

If I vote here is it lynch?
FLASH OF GREEN
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by Empking »

Pere is a lurker, yes.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by Andrius »

Vote: Peregrine

Let's do this. 2 days to deadline. If this doesn't happen we move back to KatFeysal, who is getting all my bullets tonight.

Also.
HEY AGM. THOR. FARADAY. MINA.
I SURE AS HELL WOULD LOVE TO PLAY PART OF THE GAME WITH AN ACTUALY WIN CONDITION.
JUST SAYING.
/prefers town
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Plum »

Nine years Túrin dwelt in the halls of Menegroth. His heart and thought turned ever to his own kin, and at times he had tidings of them for his own comfort. For Thingol sent messengers to Morwen as often as he might, and she sent back words for her son; thus Túrin heard that Morwen's plight was eased, and that his sister Niënor grew in beauty, a flower in the grey North. And Túrin grew in stature until he became tall among Men and surpassed that of the Elves of Doriath, and his strength and hardihood were renowned in the realm of Thingol. In those years he learned much lore, hearing eagerly the histories of ancient days and great deeds of old, and he became thoughtful, and sparing in speech. Often Beleg Strongbow came to Menegroth to seek him, and led him far afield, teaching him woodcraft and archery and (which he liked more) the handling of swords; but in crafts of making he had less skill, for he was slow to learn his own strength, and often marred what he had made with some sudden stroke.

The Children of Húrin (81)

VOTE COUNT #1.15kanyeknowsbest - 6 - Will-o-wisp, mockingjaye, Wraith, Sun and Moon, PeregrineV, Espeonage
Feysal - 4 - Mastermind of Sin, MagnaofIllusion, LordChronos, gandalf5166
PeregrineV -
- Dekes, Feysal, Empking, SpyreX, Gut, kanyeknowsbest, Magister Ludi, VitaminR, Furcolow, Andrius

With 22 alive it will take 12 votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day 1: (expired on 2011-09-25 00:35:00)
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Andrius »

OHAITHAR PLUM
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Andrius »

mjaye should be a dear and jump over here.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:06 pm

Post by Espeonage »

fml
Vote: PV
Don't @ me.
mockingjaye
mockingjaye
Goon
mockingjaye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:34 pm

Post by mockingjaye »

So it seems I am once again late to the battle (becoming a habit of mine), but I'm feeling Spy's comment about Peregrine's timing and am not opposed to lynching him. He's at L-1, so are we ready for the hammer? Because I know I have some things to say before the day ends. (And hopefully some questions of mine will be answered before the hammer?)

First, I think it's impossible that there isn't at least one scum between Kanye and Feysal. I don't like that both their wagons have idled for so long or that Pere is now today's lynch instead of one of them.

Note to Furc
: I was the second vote on the KKB wagon, and my vote wasn't in RVS, and it wasn't random at all, so yes, he is just that damn scummy. I have repeatedly asked Kanye very specific questions, and he has avoided them as much as possible, and the few he did answer were barely answered at all, and I still think he's scum, and that isn't likely to change after the teeth-pulling I've been doing with him.

Note to Spy
: Why do you think only one of KKB/Feysal could be scum? Why not both?
SpyreX wrote:The only thing giving me pause is how matched these wagons are. That, so my tutors tell me, would make one believe that ONE of the two are scum. Normally a town wagon would just push through by now.

Note to all
: Feysal's case on Pere came after Empking said he thought they were scum together. (Post 711) Also,
why Pere vs. S&M
, when both heads had been actively posting in other games? The case in 757 also gives me scum vibes, especially with sentences like "And to think that I criticized Dekes for still having his vote on PeregrineV... Now I'm about to join him. Seeing PeregrineV also on the kanye wagon gives me major doubts about that." If Pere flips scum, Feysal still isn't off the hook.

Feysal, explain why you're likely to be wrong about Kanye being scum if you're right about Pere being scum? (Post 796 for reference.) Because I'm not seeing how one would clear the other.
Feysal 796 wrote:3) If they wanted to save kanye, why a third wagon? If it was kanye, all the scum would have to do is pile on me like Andrius has been asking people to.
Connecting the dots in that post, if you and Kanye are have scum PRs, and the wagons have idled this long, you decide to sacrifice someone without a PR (Pere) and hopefully buy more time for the two of you. Because I'm not seeing how PereScum = KanyeTown, but I DO get that PereScum=Feysal-Maybe-Not-Scum. *If Pere does flip scum, this is especially important to remember; if he flips town, somewhat less so, aside from the fact that it did buy more time for actual scum.

Esp: Why the "FML" before your vote?

Finally: Regarding MoI's message, I don't think it would make sense as town or scum for someone to fake a message from the seraphs on D1 given that we don't know what they do and thus risk their wrath in whatever form it might take, so I'm inclined to believe what he has passed on.
may the odds be ever in your favor...
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Post by Gut »

================[]
[]================
Furcolow