DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:29 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

LoudmouthLee wrote:
LoudmouthLee wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Fritzler wrote:Plus, you know I love you hez, but there are at least three players up there I'd recruit before you.
Including yourself, Fritz?

Warning: NOT a trick question.
Why does it matter if Fritz would be recruited? This post seems to create the idea that Fritz was NOT MAFIA earlier. Do you have that knowledge, DG?
Notice how this WAS NEVER ANSWERED?

DUH

Fritz is either the recruitee or innocent. DG knows he wasn't part of the initial mafia.
THAT'S a VOTE???

"DUH" right back atcha. I know nothing about Fritz being scum or not being scum. Probabilistically speaking, most players are not Mafia. So it's safe, on page 1 or 2, to speak as if they are not, or in this particular game, whether they've been recruited or not. There are no implications.

I wholeheartedly, 100% agree with Lloyd's analysis.

NOW, those are REASONS for vote for someone. REAL reasons.

Notice how most of Lloyd's points WERE NEVER ANSWERED BY YOU?

DUH.

And I wouldn't be shocked if Pooky was your scumbuddy, especially how his first post was how you (Lee) and I were "scumbagos," Know what I mean? Now he stalls you justified bandwagon, and "huggles" you, after implicating the player that you are targetting.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:31 pm

LoudmouthLee wrote:You REALLY want to be behind this wagon?
Yes, yes I do. Very much so.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:39 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Don't dis the huggling :evil:
Permanent V/LA.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:51 pm

Post by Fritzler »

unvote, Vote: DGB

can we lynch her plz?
Surfs up dude.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:56 pm

Good idea Fritz. I'm going on vacation for a week. Lynch me while I'm gone! It'll be a nice surprise when I get back. Special bonus: lynch me for lurking and not answering questions! No need to find reasons.

Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:57 pm

Post by Fritzler »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Good idea Fritz. I'm going on vacation for a week. Lynch me while I'm gone! It'll be a nice surprise when I get back. Special bonus: lynch me for lurking and not answering questions! No need to find reasons.
lets do it! it'll be funny, no?
Surfs up dude.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:17 pm

It's a brilliant plan, really. I see your point, the scum is already down one man, morale must be low, we should help them along, you know, be good sports, lynch a few Townies for them, if only so that they can feel like they're still in the game.

Joking aside now...

Has LML made any pro-Town posts? Seriously. His posts are either frankly scummy, or ambiguously scummy.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:49 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Goofball.

Do you believe in God?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:54 pm

No.

Am I gonna get a lecture?

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:04 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm not buying the Lee thing (or the MoS one, either). I've been scum with him before (not sure we've ever been town together), and he's careful. Lloyd's whole argument is predicated on a lot of assumptions that aren't necessarily generalizable (motivations from player to player vary, basing vote on one person on another person's actions, etc).

Meanwhile, Fritzler and DG look scummier by the second. What's with the "gotta be on a bandwagon" crap? I'm not even sure I've ever played with you outside of chat, so maybe you're both insane, but Fritzler still looks like a better lynch to me.
Retired as of October 2014.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:07 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

[quote="LoudmouthLee"]
Sir. Without sounding arrogant, I have a title next to my name. Wouldn't it make sense, in hindsight, for a rookie scum to START ATTACKING the guy who's listed as the paragon of Mafia Hunters? C'mon now. He was scared of me and began to attack me.

If he was scared, why would he suddenly pick a fight with "the paragon of Mafia Hunters", when you weren't even voting for him?

Now, i do agree that the speed of this bandwagon is worrying, which is part of the reason I'm holding my vote for now, but I don't think that proves the wagon is scum driven; I've seen bored townies do the same thing.

That being said, the way DGB was pushing for a speed lynch is suspicious, especally if LML does turn out to be town.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:10 pm

Post by Lloyd »

LoudmouthLee,

- With 5 consecutive posts, you seem to defend yourself poorly.
LoudmouthLee wrote:I hate to give someone who seems like (obviously) it's their first game, a bandwagon when normally (a) they're innocent and (b) have no clue on how to play a pro-town role.
- Your logic above is flawed, because tidus is scum, and not innocent.
LoudmouthLee wrote:Why would I bandwagon a newbie whop's BOUND to slip up anyway?
- It seems that you are admitting to purposely *not* voting for a scum (tidus) during earlier parts of Day 1.

- Also, your are misrepresenting facts about bandwagons.

When you hesitated 3 times in voting for tidus, he did not have bandwagons.

Post 102 - tidus had 0 votes
Post 105 - tidus still had 0 votes
Post 172 - tidus had 1 vote, from HezLucky
LoudmouthLee wrote:And I'm sure you're going to say that this is the reason that Hez ended up dead, no?
- You are defending yourself prematurely, similar to post 82.
LoudmouthLee wrote:Wouldn't it make sense, in hindsight, for a rookie scum to START ATTACKING the guy who's listed as the paragon of Mafia Hunters?
- You are arguing from tidus' perspective, which makes you look even scummier.
LoudmouthLee wrote:He was scared of me and began to attack me.
- Once again, you are arguing for tidus; this time, with an emotional argument.
LoudmouthLee wrote:Hez, I love you, please don't be mad at me.
LoudmouthLee wrote:I love you Pooky, but you're wrong here.
- The above shows your pattern in using emotional arguments to sway opinions.
LoudmouthLee wrote:I am good at tracking down logical arguments
- Was your use of the word "logical" a Freudian slip?

- Wouldn't a pro-town player be tracking down illogical arguments from scums, instead of logical arguments from townies?
LoudmouthLee wrote:Justify the fact that on this page along I have 6(7?) votes?
- When presented with reasonable arguments, people seem to bandwagon quickly in this game. It may be related to the setup of this game.

- 6 votes (#1 to #6) for MoS quickly in 9 posts - 105 (LmL), 106 (TCP), 107 (JS), 110 (Twomz), 112 (DG), 114 (NG)

- 6 votes (#2 to #7) for LmL quickly in 7 posts - 352 (Lloyd), 353 (DG), 354 (TSAGod), 355 (Fritzler), 358 (NG), 359 (Fuldu)

- Yesterday, you did *not* argue against quick bandwagons, when MoG received 6 votes quickly.

- Today, you argue against quick bandwagons because you are on the receiving end.

- You are being inconsistent in applying your arguments.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:22 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Correction above: In the 3rd to last sentence, it should have said "MoS" instead of "MoG"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:41 pm

Fritzler's always like that.

It's time to introduce Goofball to God.

vote DGB
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:11 pm

Post by Lloyd »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Lee and Goofball are scumbagos

not sure who their third man is.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I don't know whether to congragulate Lloyd for covering all of the points I was about to or suspect him for being possibly their third man trying to make himself look good by preempting me and selling Lee out since Pooky's eye was on him.
Pooky,

I'm confused by your thought process above. You agree with my analyses, but accuse me in the same post.

You didn't provide analyses for your accusations of DG, LmL, and I. Could you clarify your reasoning? Thanks.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:17 pm

Agreement with analysis does not lead to automatic assurance of analyst's innocence.

Scum can give good analysis too. In fact it's quite often that scum do give the best analysis.

I'm looking for something. I'll tell you when I've found it.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:25 pm

Post by Lloyd »

You wrote "covering all of the points I was about to", meaning you would have given a similar analysis.

Thus, you went further than just agree with my analysis.

The commonality that I can think of between you and I, is that we both replaced into this game on Day 2.

After I replaced, I read Day 1 in its entirety, and perhaps you did too. In our first posts in this game...We both came to the same conclusion about Lee, which I found interesting.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:16 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Again, you're yelling at me because I started the bandwagon, not added to it.

(As per the MoS argument)

And, as for the logical argument quip, I track logic. By keeping track of logical arguments, you will see that the illogical arguments will be more apparent.

The play today is DG. I will be more than happy to address your points in more detail, but since It's passover (plus, i'm getting my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow morning (5 hours), I will not be able to adequately post soon.

Lloyd, my biggest flaw is that I get way too emotional in games. Guilty as charged there.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:15 pm

Post by Lloyd »

LoudmouthLee wrote:Again, you're yelling at me because I started the bandwagon, not added to it.

- First, I didn't yell at you at all. In comparison...You seemed to yell at me in post 369 via bolded capital letters.

- Second, I cited the MoS bandwagon to point out your inconsistent argument about quick bandwagons.

In post 39, you noted quickness of the DG bandwagon, but still joined it (you casted vote #5 at the time) based on your PBPA.

In posts 171, 172, and 177, you didn't object to how quickly the MoS bandwagon formed earlier (6 votes in 9 posts).

In post 369, you argue strongly against quick bandwagons, mainly because you were being voted (6 votes in 7 posts).

- Your apply a double standard argument against quick bandwagons, depending on who is being voted. That is inconsistency.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:57 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Lloyd wrote:
LoudmouthLee wrote:Again, you're yelling at me because I started the bandwagon, not added to it.

- First, I didn't yell at you at all. In comparison...You seemed to yell at me in post 369 via bolded capital letters.

- Second, I cited the MoS bandwagon to point out your inconsistent argument about quick bandwagons.

In post 39, you noted quickness of the DG bandwagon, but still joined it (you casted vote #5 at the time) based on your PBPA.

In posts 171, 172, and 177, you didn't object to how quickly the MoS bandwagon formed earlier (6 votes in 9 posts).

In post 369, you argue strongly against quick bandwagons, mainly because you were being voted (6 votes in 7 posts).

- Your apply a double standard argument against quick bandwagons, depending on who is being voted. That is inconsistency.
WOW. I'm inconsistent. I am FOR bandwagons on people that I think are scummy, and NOT FOR bandwagons about people that I don't find scummy.

Holy cow, lloyd. you deserve an award for that one. Mathcam would be proud, Captain Obvious.

PLUS...

I made notion, to FULDU, IN THREAD, about being careful about quick bandwagons.

Funny how your analysis missed that, too.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:36 am

Looks like Lloyd has ensnared PookyTheBibleThumper in his net with his superior intellect!
PookyThePreacherBear wrote:Agreement with analysis does not lead to automatic assurance of analyst's innocence.
Pooky... my dear Pooky...

If you agree with Lloyd, and think Lloyd is scum, then you should vote for Lee.
If you agree with Lloyd, and think Lloyd is Town, then you should vote for Lee.

Yet you vote for me.

Why? Because I am advocating a speedlynch of your scumbuddy? Say, how many of you are left? Just 3, eh? Day 2, and you're down one man already. If we lynch LML, and he's scum, which looks bloody likely, you're next, and you know it. You'd then be just one scum. This game will become SK vs. Town.

The both of you will fight Lloyd tooth and nail, and try to have me lynched. But I am Town, and THE BOTH of you will be lynched next.

You made the wrong play, scum. The Town is going to win this one. Pooky betrayed himself and LML in just a few words, a few posts.

It's never a good idea to mess with the Goofball. It's always fun, but never a good idea.

Lee, your post above fails to address Lloyd's points. You are as slippery as a politician. And you know what we do with politicians? We keep voting for them.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:36 am

For the record I'd be happy with a lynch of either Goofball or Neongrey today, slightly leaning towards Neon atm.

She seems to have been posting against Tidus all through yesterday while being very noncommital and only walking on his wagon after admission of guilt.

Her track record for posting has been fairly fluffy and entirely too "I don't want to make any1 suspicious/annoyed at me" and feels under the radarish.

I'm less than impressed with the way she jumped on Lee's wagon.

unvote

vote Neongrey
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:04 am

Post by Fritzler »

Mr. Flay wrote:I'm not buying the Lee thing (or the MoS one, either). I've been scum with him before (not sure we've ever been town together), and he's careful. Lloyd's whole argument is predicated on a lot of assumptions that aren't necessarily generalizable (motivations from player to player vary, basing vote on one person on another person's actions, etc).

Meanwhile, Fritzler and DG look scummier by the second. What's with the "gotta be on a bandwagon" crap? I'm not even sure I've ever played with you outside of chat, so maybe you're both insane, but Fritzler still looks like a better lynch to me.
Yea, you played in my first game, Good omens. I played horribley there. I have to be on the lynch because people have been voting me for not being on the tidus lynch.
Surfs up dude.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:39 am

Post by Norinel »

(bumping vote count to next page)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”