Flame Warriors U-Pick; Troll wins it for his team!

EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:50 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

What is going on? Why are people flaming each other?
SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PLAY
FUCK.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Where is this case against you? Link me please, cba to go through the thread when you clearly already know where it is.

here:http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p3485493

That leaves Primate and Bastion, both players didn't really find anything majorly scummy about Shadow, but voted him anyway off of partial leads. I think it's likely one of these two players is scum.

'zis is a very good post.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Primate

Why is is a good post?

aside from being pretty much identical to your own earlier:http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p3484049

vote: Hoppster
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:52 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

It's not similar at all in it's message, just the mocking style.

(anditsgoodbecauseImadeit)
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 77, EtherealCookie wrote:It's not similar at all in it's message, just the mocking style.

Is this mocking style a requirement of this game for you? (If so does that mean the two of you are linked? In some sort of team like entity?)
Scum:

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:06 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

In post 78, Sir Bastion wrote:
In post 77, EtherealCookie wrote:It's not similar at all in it's message, just the mocking style.

Is this mocking style a requirement of this game for you? (If so does that mean the two of you are linked? In some sort of team like entity?)

no
no
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:06 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

oh i missed the third question

no

[/i]
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 72, Tragedy wrote:
In post 52, Shadow Dancer wrote:Hmm... That does nothing... OK

vote Tragedy

Hey, CAT, I found the ideal avatr for you!

This vote is clearly not Amusing.
And I see you're not really bothering with the votes on you.

But I see you are bothering with those on you. So what's your point?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Hoppster »

In post 76, Sir Bastion wrote:
That leaves Primate and Bastion, both players didn't really find anything majorly scummy about Shadow, but voted him anyway off of partial leads. I think it's likely one of these two players is scum.

You and Primate are very different.

Your post was "well there's no better place for my vote"-attitude.

Primate was all over the place with his "well this might be scummy but it might not be don't know why but it could be because of perhaps that but then again not but yeah because I can but might just be me actually it doesn't matter hey I don't think it even exists but still I may as well".

'zis is a very good post.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Primate

Why is is a good post?

It was a good post from EtherealCookie because he pointed out something very scummy that might have gone unnoticed otherwise.

vote: Hoppster

wut
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Bastion #73:This suggests that you considered Primate's actions town and were defending him - the post did not read like a defense at all.
But if this is so, what do you think about Jester and Cookie then?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Hop #74: It's not avoiding the question at all. And what makes you think that a sample size of just one vote would have guaranteed you to find out what mystery account is all about?!
Besides the trivial "vote does not count" result several things could have happened, p.e.
- lose vote/vote goes to mystery account
- vote goes to "mystery"'s real account
- vote is randomized
- anything else that I cannot spontaneously think of...
Also you unvoted before there was even any mod-feedback on the issue.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:19 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Sorry, busy weekend, didn't realize the game had started. I got a research paper to finish up and turn in before midnight, but after that, I'll be back to catch-up.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 83, Shadow Dancer wrote:@Bastion #73:This suggests that you considered Primate's actions town and were defending him - the post did not read like a defense at all.
But if this is so, what do you think about Jester and Cookie then?

Nothing wrong with Killerjester. It was his post that had me mention my position on Primate's wagon because he had made it clear that on actual content there was nothing different between me and primate, and its just down to whatever mysterious force that guides him that Primates post read more scummy then mine.

Aside from that he answered my question about vi's batter life and he is sensible in not trying to teamhunt on day 1 (a bad idea in my opinion) So I have no issue with him and in fact get a town vibe of him.

Cookie is a bit of a strange one because well...

look at his posts:

Vote: Tragedy
i
d
k

Ok its RVS makes sense to mess around

Translates to:
"SOMETHING ABOUT HIM IS SCUMMY I DONT KNOW WHAT BUT IM GOING TO VOTE HIM BUT I THINK I KNOW HERE LET ME EXPLAIN BUT WAIT ITS PRETTY MINOR."

Unvote
Vote: Primate

I already mentioned this one as a strange one cause it is similar to

"I TOTALLY HAVEN'T BEEN TALKING IN MY PRE-GAME SCUM QT - LOOK, I HARDLY KNOW ANYBODY HERE! IF I HAD A SCUM QT I WOULD KNOW MORE PEOPLE!"

And yes I guess its just similar in tone, but I found it weird because when its taken in context of his other posts:

your dumb

What is going on? Why are people flaming each other?
SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PLAY FUCK.

It's not similar at all in it's message, just the mocking style.

It reads almost like dare I say it trolling and a bit forced when compared to his posting style in other games just look at the iso of this game: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... lect=12130

But I've never played cookie before so I might have randomly picked a game where he posted in a different tone.

It was a good post from EtherealCookie because he pointed out something very scummy that might have gone unnoticed otherwise.

Oh? Ok if thats all thats needed for a good post.

You and Primate are very different.

Your post was "well there's no better place for my vote"-attitude.

Primate was all over the place with his "well this might be scummy but it might not be don't know why but it could be because of perhaps that but then again not but yeah because I can but might just be me actually it doesn't matter hey I don't think it even exists but still I may as well".

clearly I have much to learn on the reading of posts, as I took the *Mise well* being the same tone as my *Since its the only partial lead to go on in the mean time*

hence I dont find his post nearly as scummy as most other people.

Well everybody (+2) have posted including sleepykrew out of his hydra??? which kind of threw me a bit.

I'm still mostly waiting on Gaoth's answer to my earlier question:
why he FOS Dramonic but quoted duplicity? I am having trouble seeing how the two are linked looking at them in ISO?
Scum:

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by Gaoth »

In post 63, Sir Bastion wrote:I could join the Primate wagon but that'll be a tad hypocritical so I'd like to ask Gaoth why he FOS Dramonic but quoted duplicity? I am having trouble seeing how the two are linked looking at them in ISO?

Oh, you gotta be fucking kidding me. I feel like a Slowpoke now. I meant to FoS Duplicity, Dramonic has nothing to do with it.

In post 73, Sir Bastion wrote:I never considered joining his wagon, but I had unfortunate timing posting when a wagon had just formed on primate and that my name popped up on that wagon, most notable by Gaoth coupled with the unfortunate scenario that while I have people rubbing me in uncomfortable manners (again Gaoth) nobody stands out as an productive alternative vote. Robocopter and scumhunter are still somewhat RVS with their votes and I havnt given much time to the tragedy wagon yet.

I was asking for clarification of Killerjester's post, not tying you and primate together. In fact, it was killerjester who insinuated that you might be scummy in the least bit. In my asking for clarification of that post is how/when you got tied to the primate wagon, but more tied to primate than his wagon. also, you mentioned joining the primate wagon in the post quoted here first.

Exactly where am i rubbing you in uncomfortable manners?
Show
Gaoth rhymes with Breath.

"Thanks for being a breath of fresh air Gaoth." - Regfan

Why Slaxx is the best mod ever
tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Town Record: 2-0
Scum Record: 0-1
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Exactly where am i rubbing you in uncomfortable manners?

mostly just for dropping the idea of a scumteam into the discussion. As I mentioned I dont like the idea of hunting teams on day 1, I find it counter productive because scum tend to hide behind posts pretending to scumhunt by association rather then genuine scumhunting (If we assume A is scum then this and this and this by B proves he's scum too lets lynch B!)

was asking for clarification of Killerjester's post, not tying you and primate together. In fact, it was killerjester who insinuated that you might be scummy in the least bit. In my asking for clarification of that post is how/when you got tied to the primate wagon, but more tied to primate than his wagon. also, you mentioned joining the primate wagon in the post quoted here first.

While jester named me as possible scum he didnt even give a thought to the notion of a scum team. He specified one in his post:

That leaves Primate and Bastion, both players didn't really find anything majorly scummy about Shadow, but voted him anyway off of partial leads.
I think it's likely one of these two players is scum.

Oh, you gotta be fucking kidding me. I feel like a Slowpoke now. I meant to FoS Duplicity, Dramonic has nothing to do with it.

Ok good to know

will look into duplicity more. I was very bemused staring at dramonic's posts for a while trying to understand what the suspicion was...
Scum:

Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Duplicity »

The post restriction conversation and focus needs to be dialed down because right now it's overpowering any real scumhunting discussion though with that said I'm fairly sure I know who is what personality right now but see no real advantage in announcing them publicly and request that anyone else who has also worked them out does the same. Also for the love of god the quote walling needs to stop.

I have relatively strong town-reads on Hoppster, ShadowDancer and Killerjester and weaker town-reads on Tragedy, Oversoul and CATFISH right now though I know that Gorilla disagrees with my SD town-read. I'm not liking Gaoth and Scumhunters earlier posts but I know they both have a tendency to struggle in the RVS period of the game regardless of his alignment so I'm happy to give them some time to settle in.

Sir Bastions posts reads like he's trying to foist suspicion onto Etherealcookie but it's weak as hell and he uses weasel words without calling him outright scummy. It looks like he is testing the waters to see if anyone is willing to vote him without actually sticking his neck out and making an attack. Furthermore his fencesitting and unvote on ShadowDancer while stating that he's not town looks like scum leaving options open later.

Vote: Sir Bastion

@Gaoth
- What in particular did you find scummy about my previous post and why didn't you change your vote to me because of it?
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Sir Bastions posts reads like he's trying to foist suspicion onto Etherealcookie but it's weak as hell and he uses weasel words without calling him outright scummy. It looks like he is testing the waters to see if anyone is willing to vote him without actually sticking his neck out and making an attack

Quick question. Where does Etherealcookie sit on your reads? He's absent from your post.

Do you feel he is town and thus above simple questioning and scrutiny?

My comments on primate got a good going over by shadowdancer I should expect to be allowed the question the posting style of other players.

I asked questions, I gave thoughts as a response to shadowdancer and Last I checked I made my vote against Hoppster and now am waiting on his next set of responses. I think that coupled with the primate discussion is enough neck for any poster this early in the day.

Furthermore his fencesitting and unvote on ShadowDancer while stating that he's not town looks like scum leaving options open later.

Fencesitting, no again I have made a vote since I unvoted and I explained my unvote. I didnt outright state he was town because at the moment I have a null read on him, he's clearly a calm collected player hence I removed my vote which was there to generate a response. I dont need to believe he is town to remove my vote, just null. I think its suspect to swing from scum to town based on one post.
Scum:

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by killerjester »

@Hoppster, there were a bit too many people jumping on your wagon coming out of RVS. I feel Oversoul was the only justified stance.

@Bastion, can you give you your opinion on Primate? You said that you're avoiding his wagon because you're town... and that somehow makes Primate town? So while I'm ignoring the AtE for the moment I want your thoughts on this post
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
CATFISH
CATFISH
Goon
CATFISH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by CATFISH »

Let's get this out of the way right now. If you have a post restriction, claim it.
We have to give a protip in our first post every Day.
So I think SD is scum because of how he's dancing around questions, correct me if I'm wrong.
walls walls walls
Come join the Tragedy wagon!
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Ethernalcookie is null right now, if he were a town-read of ours we'd have stated so. You're not questioning Ethernal, if you were that would be understandable but you're stating actions he's done and how you find them suspicious in a manner where you're appealing to other people to vote him rather than voting him, that's not reaction testing him that's bandwagon fishing.

@ CATFISH -
Although some posting restrictions are able to be worked out claiming them is idiotic because claiming posting restrictions is essentially claiming the U-Pick you were given which also means letting mafia know what role possibilities you have. Also SD and Tragedy are both town.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Duplicity »

CATFISH wrote:We have to give a protip in our first post every Day.

Since you've already claimed it do you want to explain why you didn't do this then?
CATFISH
CATFISH
Goon
CATFISH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by CATFISH »

Why are they Town?
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 91, killerjester wrote:
@Bastion, can you give you your opinion on Primate? You said that you're avoiding his wagon because you're town... and that somehow makes Primate town? So while I'm ignoring the AtE for the moment I want your thoughts on this post

It doesnt make Primate town, but again the argument you put forward that he may be scum you said yourself can apply equally to me, since I knew my case was mild and stated as much and primate stated so himself:

I appreciate that it's early game but I reckon hoppster's Shadow Dancer vote's reasoning is a null tell.

and also a big part of my post was fishing for a response from shadow dancer when I tried to cheekily point out he had played with scumhunter before, I felt that this bit was also fishing for a response from shadow dancer

Something about Shadow Dancers comment on Hoppster in #21 I'm not a fan of and I'm not 100% what. I think it's because the "so serious" comment seems unecessary except to lessen his position there, and given the context of it being a vote on you, it falls broadly into the area of attacking your attacker.

and again he states that its a mild case

Not too bothered about that though, it's minor if it's there at all.

Mise well Vote Shadow Dancer

When I read that post it reads like someone fishing for a reaction, the very same thing I was trying to do. It does not make him town, but it does also not make me want to join a wagon on him, not until I see more content.

Anything else in his post of interest? He made a clear statement on the upick claim and a sensible position and he laid some suspicion on Oversoul.

If I was to pick anything unusual out of the post it would be that he seemed to have more of a case against Oversoul then Shadow Dancer.

You're not questioning Ethernal, if you were that would be understandable but you're stating actions he's done and how you find them suspicious in a manner where you're appealing to other people to vote him rather than voting him, that's not reaction testing him that's bandwagon fishing.

questioning cookie here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 5#p3486205

He didnt give me a lot in his answer to go any further

The post you seem to have such interest in is me answering shadow dancer for my thoughts on his posting and on killerjester. I can understand it could look like bandwagon fishing when you are discussing someone's posting to a third party, but no its just me going step by step through my observation of cookie. By comparison to jester he had many more posts and more

If I was to tell shadow dancer that I had a confused read on cookie at the moment then my posts preceding would look strange unless I explain what I'm confused about.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

BTW: We should expect something from scumhunter around page 10 or so :D
Scum:

CATFISH
CATFISH
Goon
CATFISH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by CATFISH »

In post 94, Duplicity wrote:
CATFISH wrote:We have to give a protip in our first post every Day.

Since you've already claimed it do you want to explain why you didn't do this then?

Our first post was a tip to Slaxx and mods everywhere.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by Slaxx »

ok

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”