StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:47 am

Post by StefanB »

Okay, this time I didn't fall into the not loking right trap. The Fonz posting * behind the names of BabySpice and Alabaska just meaned proded.

Oversoul: I think it is safe to say, that he was not a hated townie, who knew what he was. (He would have claimed) If there is a townie who caused that, he should claim.
Should we tread L-2 as the new L-1 to make that danger smaller? Yes means more claims, which is bad in a different way.

The think that is strange is that there wasn't a second wagon forming at all, when the IceGuywagon was in swing.

IceGuy beeing town, makes Otaliascum less likly imho. (The defence of Otalia on IceGuy seemed genue, would have made sense on a scumpartner, not so much on a townie, when Otalia was in lynchdanger.

At the Moment,
Vote: Alabaska
, him beeing still on BabySpice during the lynch made less sense.

Wraith: To my defence: I have non for IceGuy flipping town. I have one for my vote: I will vote every player, whose case is build on untrues. Iceguy was, him not stating his case when pressured about it (and it would have helped, since I had one or two votes this time, think Otalia voted me later) was meh, him and Otalia so strange voting together was more meh. And paranoid and convinced you are voting scum are not the best reasons to unvote, exspecially if that wagon seems to be the only one within lynchingrage.
I wouldn't count Ghostlin as sheeping that bad, I have on BabySpice. Otalia was more good argument and bad posting by Otalia, Sage was not a sheep, IceGuy convinced me that he needed my vote, had not convinced me that there was a reason to unvote.
What is so bad about my ISO? I know I have been more active in the beginning of my mafiascumcarier, but I thought my activity was okay this game.

Believe Ghostlins vigclaim. There is a question about it in my mind, but I am not quite sure if it is helpful, so will not ask.

Otalia: Why gives Ghostlins vigclaim him a freeby until night 2? Some people can't act on night 2. (Most of town can't)

TheJak: What has some people not beeing scum together, to do which people not beeing scum in this game? 2 SCUMFACTIONS!!!!!! (just to clearyfy no sign of emotion)

Ghostlin: I would say that only one waggon was close enough to lynch, yesterday IceGuy. BabySpice had (only looking at the modcount 6), Otalia (ditto), that was not even near lynch.
The interesting point, why there wasn't any waggon that grew so big while I was on IceGuy yesterday. (I was there for about the second half of the first day of this game). The only ones going near was Otalia (who peeked at 7, while I wasn't there) and sage (whose 5 votes I had little to do whit). Why was a big waggon whitout me imposible. I was hardly a townleader in this game (to put it very midly)

TheFonz: I have seen scum fake somethink like this. It was Mastermind of Sin, who faked in Mafia Datting show 2, that he didn't knew that mafia had 2 kills (on day 3), which was pretty publicknowlede and attacked me whit it (was SK this game), so it is not a hundred percent towntell, here it was just a dumb mistake.

144 was a catchuppost, where I did try to point out everythink that I though was interesting that happened before.
In it, I asked Magister about one point, he made I didn't understand. Made a point clear from before.
Asked Muffin about a post that doesn't made sense, dito Otalia.
Tryed to make BabySpice more open to discusion.
Unvoted MoI and shared a bit meta about him.
Stated that I am unconfortable with calling people to easy town. Small townreads can imho be dangerous, because of the danger of beeing wrong.
And tryed to make a joke.
Didn't check if anythink in there was orginal, than got to read ISOs and still didn't get in this game.
If this would have been my worst post that game I could live with it.
Just my pettheory, what does one fillerpost prof? Active lurking is more a playstilequestion, not from one post.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Wraith »

I really feel like town is putting priority on "lynch all lurkers because they are lurking" over "lynch all scum who happen to be lurking." I don't think Alabaska is scum. I was out of the loop all of D1 but a "lynch all lurkers" wagon didn't form on me.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:08 am

Post by Maxous »

Due to the multiple scum-team nature of the game the usual scum strategy is to try and keep a low profile early on.
The night kill of MOI explains why.

I agree with treating L-2 as L-1 for all intents and purposes.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:32 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 556, zMuffinMan wrote:
pere wrote:I'll bet this is because DavidX didn't want to place a vote yesterday at all, but when he did, he said he would be willing to hammer, but when he voted someone other than himself for the first time it lynched the guy with 12 votes instead of 13, isn't it?

You think DavidX is a scum double-voter and intentionally hammered IceGuy? Orrrrrrrrr what?

DavidX is town. Pretty sure of this.

Looking for links, because I'm not seeing anything that says "That's exactly how town rolls." In fact, I'm seeing the opposite.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:15 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Wraith- This is why, for me.
In post 160, David Xanatos wrote:Right now, outside of Baby Spice, MoI is my main consideration. There are a few small matters I'm looking into with others first though.

In post 163, David Xanatos wrote:Yes. Because not putting down an instant vote when I'm in the middle of considering other things is bad. Mhmm. That doesn't follow any logical path.

"You're not instantly putting down a vote so you must be avoiding it!"

As opposed to the more logical "You've said you're looking at other things, so maybe you're reviewing other things."

In post 462, David Xanatos wrote:I'm likely not going to get a good grasp on this with the free time I have before deadline. I don't want to vote blindly though, so I'm likely going to remain non-voting until I get up to speed. If I get an unexpected time to read further, I'll be dedicating that time to here though.

In post 509, David Xanatos wrote:I'm still reading, but I'm willing to hammer if/when the rest of the Town wants me to, so that my vote is actually useful. From what I've read so far, Iceguy is about 2nd on my list.

In post 512, David Xanatos wrote:My point stands regardless, I'm willing to direct my vote where Town wants it.

@MOD: May I set up a temporary proxy for today, and give a player my vote? Effectively turn them into a double-voter for the day?

In post 519, David Xanatos wrote:VOTE: Iceguy

That's L-1.

In post 520, Magua wrote:
Vote Count 1.15 - Final

With 25 alive, it takes 13 to lynch.

IceGuy (12): Maxous, Global Warming, TheJakalope, StefanB, EtherealCookie, sageamagoo, BBmolla, MagnaofIllusion, Oversoul, Yosarian2, zMuffinMan, David Xanatos

IceGuy being lynched at 12 votes instead of 13 is accurate.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Maxous »

I remember DX had a suspicion on MOI - who died.
Only other was IceGuy.
None today.
2 posts to defend himself though ^_^
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:40 am

Post by Wraith »

The fact that DX had suspicion on MoI is null. While scum don't kill their suspects, MoI has a reputation as a strong town player, and was obvtown. Therefore, null.

As for IceGuy's lynching, isn't there a role whose vote decreases the amount of votes required to lynch the target it's voting on? Either that or a double-secret doublevoter.

Hang on, you actually have a point about the nature of a double-scumteam game. I suppose MoI could plausibly have been killed for that reason.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 575, StefanB wrote:

Otalia: Why gives Ghostlins vigclaim him a freeby until night 2? Some people can't act on night 2. (Most of town can't)

I think what Otalia's saying is that investigative roles are much more likely to use their powers on me tonight (Track me, Cop me, etc), now that I've claimed the Vig. If I'm found somewhere where someone dies or have a guilty, they'll claim and that'll be all she wrote.

Agree with Wraith about DX; when he's here (not on V/LA, which I get, considering I spent most of the beginning of this game on it) it's like he can't be bothered to provide content, and didn't even really vote until it was raging obvious our deadline was coming. He even had a FoS down and no vote at one point. There's no reason to not vote Day 1. #563 AND #566 continues the trend of rather...lazy coasting. He's also not answered my question.

Wondering, bluntly, what Max is getting at with the 'who had an MoI suspicion.' I think MoI was killed for obvious reasons. He was protown, and frankly, the wolves and mafia don't win faster against Town by killing each other. There wasn't really even a single lynch wagon of the day for MoI; and I think he came out Day 1 the strongest.

I'm wondering if Sorg has read Day 2; of if this is blatant misdirection off of someone else, because #557 is bad. I won't say I don't suspect Otolia now, but #540 is the best post I've read from him a while.

Whispersilk also surprised me with her post, considering we did a lot of fighting about her wanting to lurk Day 1.

Toasty and the Fonz are actually filling slots that were dead to town.

I don't like Max much--something about his hanging onto the kills last night, but I've not liked Max much all game, honestly.

Where
IS
Baby Spice? The beginning of this game was the Baby Spice and Yos show, and at least Yos has re-materialized to say he's doing a read through of the game.

Muffin's still reading town to me. So's DY. I don't agree with Muffin's ideas 100%: I think sorg's being pretty blatantly anti-town.

Today's lynchables out of the six wagons we have today are: DX, Jak, Sorg. I'm a little weaker on the DX lynch now mostly because I still don't have warm fuzzies about Max--call it gut--and PV's not been the most protown player this game, he's been a null for me for most of it due to activity level and content.

Meh: BBMolla (I keep going back and forth on this read. He has, on occasion posted content, but active lurking for six days is pretty horribad.), Otolia (seems to have improved from Day 1, plus I don't like who's riding him), and Dry-Fit (meh read in general).
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: Wraith's getting bumped into the town tier mostly because the work he's done Day 2.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:43 am

Post by StefanB »

Wraith: I vote for Alabaska for besides lurking beeing on a dead wagon and fosing but not voting. He was besides you (and you were VLA) the only one still on BabySpice the time of the lynching. It feels strange.
Why do you feel the need to point that out now and exspecially about Alabaska when he isn't the first lurker voted today? (not even the first one to get 2 votes)
Why do you feel the need to defend him and not others?
On your lynchlist are lurkers!!
The role your are searching for is called hated townie, and I am quite sure, if that were in his rolePM IceGuy would have claimed.

Maxous: If we have a doublevoter, which I at the moment think makes more sense than the scumpower to make someone a hated townie (to far of), there is no proof that it was David. The votecount doesn't show the extravote and Davids that's L-1, does look at last normal enough. For everythink we know everone on the waggon could have been the doublevoter, it wouldn't show. Am I missing somethink here?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:47 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@StefanB- Take that into account, and then examine DavidX's day1 voting pattern and reasons for his votes.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:48 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 584, StefanB wrote:Wraith: I vote for Alabaska for besides lurking beeing on a dead wagon and fosing but not voting. He was besides you (and you were VLA) the only one still on BabySpice the time of the lynching. It feels strange.
Why do you feel the need to point that out now and exspecially about Alabaska when he isn't the first lurker voted today? (not even the first one to get 2 votes)
Why do you feel the need to defend him and not others?
On your lynchlist are lurkers!!
The role your are searching for is called hated townie, and I am quite sure, if that were in his rolePM IceGuy would have claimed.

Maxous: If we have a doublevoter, which I at the moment think makes more sense than the scumpower to make someone a hated townie (to far of), there is no proof that it was David. The votecount doesn't show the extravote and Davids that's L-1, does look at last normal enough. For everythink we know everone on the waggon could have been the doublevoter, it wouldn't show. Am I missing somethink here?

There were some town-feeling posts from Alabaska early in D1. I believe I noted one or two in my notes. And like I said, I try to go for "scum who happen to be lurking" over "lurkers who are lurking." In this case, BBmolla and sorgster in particular lurk for long periods of time and reappear when the next big wagon starts, usually just jumping on without bothering to explain why. I find wagoning such as BBmolla's "sup guys just gonna vote for this wagon cuz it's good. also i haven't read the thread" especially egregious.
Show

StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:56 am

Post by StefanB »

Max: Hm, still don't get it. DX could have even as doublevotter votehopped like crazy (aka like me normally) on day 1, wouldn't have made a difference, wouldn't have shown, as long as the wagon doesn't go to L-1. I think the doublevoter was more likly to join the waggon on any other position.
Sorry I may miss somethink here, but I still don't see anythink that makes DX confirmed or even likly doublevoter.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:03 am

Post by Maxous »

I'm not calling DX a doublevoter. I'm calling him scum.

@Ghostlin: Scum usually make night kills for particular reasons.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:07 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Wraith:

In post 147, David Xanatos wrote:Yes, but I've been following MoI with amusement. Self-Voting isn't a scumtell. Not even in RVS, given it was a joke-vote, and was blatantly so. That seemed to me to simply be an attempt to start a bandwagon from nothing, which fell flat on it's face.
FoS MoI

UNVOTE:

Not sure of BabySpice. Bad reactions, but people seem a little too happy to sheep, and admit same. Pondering.

I have a little experience with Ludi, or at least his hydra. He posted a lot of walls then..

In post 156, David Xanatos wrote:1: When it's the fourth post of RVS, yes, yes it is. RVS is when things are unstable, and Scum can't find a path to go down. It's in their interests to end it early.
2: Because I'm considering various things. There's no sense putting a vote down when I'm looking at a few options, as I'm moderately likely to move it no matter where it was placed.

In post 160, David Xanatos wrote:Right now, outside of Baby Spice, MoI is my main consideration. There are a few small matters I'm looking into with others first though.

In post 163, David Xanatos wrote:Yes. Because not putting down an instant vote when I'm in the middle of considering other things is bad. Mhmm. That doesn't follow any logical path.

"You're not instantly putting down a vote so you must be avoiding it!"

As opposed to the more logical "You've said you're looking at other things, so maybe you're reviewing other things."

In post 244, David Xanatos wrote:Forgot about this game. Reading over the new stuff, have some time tonight anyway so will post thoughts later.

This is his first half of the game. Here are the things that bug me:

1) He has an MoI suspicion. He had a BS suspicion.
He's not voting either.
His reasoning is
he doesn't want to move his vote around.
In my experience the beginning of Day 1 is essentally that. It's a rare player that is going to come out of the gate, vote his primary suspicion and leave it there the entirety of Day 1.
2) On the piggy back of 1), there's a fair amount of cognitive dissonance
casting an RVS vote you'll have to turn around and unvote anyway
. I don't believe David was going to ride himself to lynch, and nothing would of have been lost by casting a vote on a scum suspect to get conversation going.
3) This is essence gives town no reads going on to the latter half of Day 1, and if he was serious about hunting...well, I like to know where I was going with a suspicion, don't you?
4) He continues to 'research' for about two posts.
5) BS was the lynch at that point, so having her as primary suspicion and not voting her leaves his vote open to continue the wagon. It also leaves him a chance to distance if she's a scum buddy.

David goes on V/LA after these posts, which I get. None of the above directly have anything to do with V/LA.

In post 509, David Xanatos wrote:I'm still reading, but I'm willing to hammer if/when the rest of the Town wants me to, so that my vote is actually useful. From what I've read so far,
Iceguy is about 2nd on my list.

In post 512, David Xanatos wrote:My point stands regardless, I'm willing to direct my vote where Town wants it.
@MOD: May I set up a temporary proxy for today, and give a player my vote? Effectively turn them into a double-voter for the day?

End of Day 1:
1) A few things wrong with #509: David is reading, and not near the end yet, but his #2 scum read is town's #1 scum read. What's his #1 scum read? *shrug*
2) We never find out what David's reads are beyond that he apparently didn't like Iceguy. Why didn't he apparently like Iceguy? I don't know, he didn't actually post that.
3) I'll begrudgingly give him town points for being willing to direct his vote wherever town wants it. Thing is, with IG dead, we have no clue who else David wants for scum. At all. I can't really assume he wants BS from the above anymore, since that was #160, and now I'm analyzing #512.
4) The fact IG was lynched after his vote is a null for me. I don't like the fact that David hasn't been bothered to say 'no' to the question of, 'Are you a double voter, David?' If he knew he was a DV and killed IG knowing this, then I even like him less. I ask him this bluntly in #534.

Day 2:
In post 563, David Xanatos wrote:Starting a bandwagon is a towntell, starting a bandwagon in the 4th or 5th post in the game is what I see Scum doing purely to avoid the uncomfortable period of RVS where they're trying not to look dodgy.

In post 566, David Xanatos wrote:
In post 564, zMuffinMan wrote:Thanks for the update, David.

I was asked a question. *shrug*

1) See point 4 for my possible complaint about #563 and #566.
2) Again, no reads. Even some of the most lax posters in town have given reads up to this point.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 587, StefanB wrote:Max: Hm, still don't get it. DX could have even as doublevotter votehopped like crazy (aka like me normally) on day 1, wouldn't have made a difference, wouldn't have shown, as long as the wagon doesn't go to L-1. I think the doublevoter was more likly to join the waggon on any other position.
Sorry I may miss somethink here, but I still don't see anythink that makes DX confirmed or even likly doublevoter.

In post 588, Maxous wrote:I'm not calling DX a doublevoter. I'm calling him scum.

@Ghostlin: Scum usually make night kills for particular reasons.

Read above as to why him being/not being a DV either way bugs the piss out of me.

Max: At some point, unless you ARE scum, this goes down the slippery slope of WIFOM. Also, I've not had much success personally analyzing Night 1's kill Day 2 in any game.
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:22 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 565, Oversoul wrote:Terribly sorry that I haven't posted in 3 days, I've been busy and this game is the lowest priority on my list. Reskimming this game and I hate to be even more of a sheeple at this point lol. However, I am comfortable with Sorgster, Jakalope, BBmolla, or Otolia dieing. And I am sad that Magna was doctor and of course he would be. :| Really don't think it was in town's best interest to give someone as vocal and strong as Magna who has a clear propensity to die on Night 1, a powerful role like that, Magua. Bah :( now the apathy is going to kick in. :\

Killing Ethereal was a good shot, Ghost, I am glad that you claimed it as we can probably confirm someone today since the second scumteam's kill was protected by Magna.

zMuffinMan, do you have an opinion on Sorgster? I haven't read your recent posts yet, but I find him scummy and we seem to pretty much have the same thoughts about this game.

And I take offence to the not the most competent comment, Fonz >_> Alabaska J wagon still isn't likely to happen so I am probably going to vote Sorgster today. Now here is a good a vote VOTE: Sorgster

His posts have been minimal at best and he displayed resistance to voting IceGuy in favor of letting his vote rot on a dead wagon at that point.

That's because I quoted some posts of Iceguy. He seemed town to me and I didn't want to lynch town. I was trying to gain votes for an Otolia wagon who I believe is scum.

In post 513, sorgster wrote:
In post 336, IceGuy wrote:I'm giving up on trying to argue with you idiots - you can safely continue your "IceGuy is scum because IceGuy is scum" circlejerk.

In post 357, IceGuy wrote:Regarding the circlejerk: I'm talking about the style of arguments.
I think somebody is town? Obviously I'm scum with him because I'm defending him.
I think somebody is scum? Obviously I'm scum with him because I'm bussing him.
I think somebody is neutral or have largely ignored him? Obviously I'm scum with him trying to avoid connections.

Iceguy doesn't strike me as scum for these posts. Those two posts explain how anything he is done is seen as scummy and it seems impossible for him to do anything that is town with this being put into action against him.

In post 517, sorgster wrote:I will go with an alabaskan J lynch but iceguy doesn't seem like scum to me.

I would have gone for alabaska J or whoever else but I genuinely believed Iceguy is town and tried my best to defend him. I'm sure otholia is scum and my vote on him stays.
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:55 am

Post by The Fonz »

Right, midgame is a whole pile of noisy walls, and I didn't really manage to glean very much from it at all.

In post 550, Global Warming wrote:
In post 546, The Fonz wrote:
16. Global Warming (a hydra of RayFrost + ConSpiracy) - Both competent, I tend to disagree with RayFrost a lot in general
19. Yosarian2 - I agree with him
20. ToastyToast (replaces Magister Ludi)
21. David Xanatos - Awesomeness
25. zMuffinMan - competent, aggressive as town

You didn't say anything about toasty, and I really don't get the "awesomeness" on david xanatos. Can you link me some reading?

Also a bit sad that we disagree so much. Ah well.

I didn't say anything about Toasty because I haven't played with him. Thought I'd deleted all those about whom I had no comment, but apparently not. DX being awesome is just based on the fact that, well, he's likeable. He saved my ass by replacing into a game a while ago, and he's currently backup modding for me. It's an injoke as much as anything 'David X is awesome' was in my sig for about three months.

In post 557, sorgster wrote:Some people did some great deflections to help us forget all about otholia and trapped Iceguy into anything he said is scum.

Vote Otholia

Name names, please.

In post 558, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 533, BBmolla wrote:
VOTE: Dry-Fit

Something about this guy bugs me, I can't put my finger on it. Want to put him more in the spotlight.

How do you expect to get more attention on me if you don't make a case? I also love how you just asked Muffin to justify his vote with a case when you don't provide one for yours.

Reread should be coming tomorrow, but top scum candidates for now are Otalia, Sorgster, Jak, and BBMolla.

That's like the list of obvious people to suspect.

Apparently I'm completely unmemorable.

I've played with you before? I have no recollection of that whatsoever, so yes.

In post 563, David Xanatos wrote:Starting a bandwagon is a towntell, starting a bandwagon in the 4th or 5th post in the game is what I see Scum doing purely to avoid the uncomfortable period of RVS where they're trying not to look dodgy.

Oh, so wrong. Trying to get the town out of RVS ASAP is a huge towntell.

In post 565, Oversoul wrote:

And I take offence to the not the most competent comment, Fonz >_>

Our one completed game, you basically claimed scum.

In post 572, DarthYoshi wrote:

@Fonz: How much does meta tend to weigh in for your scumhunting? You're using your experience a lot in trying to read players like Yos, and I'm worried in particular about your playslot because of who you replaced.

I think if you can predict beforehand who is a soft target, who's got a controversial playstyle, who always lurks, it helps to get a feeling of what's off from the 'expected' result. I don't accept meta excuses for things town should never do, though.

I've gone back and forth on this a few times, and I think I should claim this much: the secret doublevote is mine. Sage had it on IceGuy most of yesterday, apparently. I think the risk of it causing an accidental hammer are greater than the cost of revealing my ability. I intend to continue using it, but I will state when I do.

Vote: Dry-Fit

Appears to be deliberately doing just enough to not stand out for lurking, and his suspects have pretty much all been 'popular' ones. I just don't see a surfeit of town motive there.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:17 am

Post by David Xanatos »

Meh. You obviously haven't been around me often Ghostlin. Calling me out for semi-lurking is basically calling me out for not having gotten in a raging argument
yet
. That's generally what gets me in. :P
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 593, David Xanatos wrote:Meh. You obviously haven't been around me often Ghostlin. Calling me out for semi-lurking is basically calling me out for not having gotten in a raging argument
yet
. That's generally what gets me in. :P

With apologies to V for Vendetta, 'I scumhunt you for what you've done, not for what you intend to do.'
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Ghostlin »

I'm meh about how the Fonz --ended-- his wall. Where he was going with the ongoing analysis seemed better than the payoff at the end--it seemed weak, particularly since it didn't include any thoughts about how the lynch at the end of Day 1 ended.

I'm glad someone claimed the DV. I'm happier that it was at least a player I could say is currently a null, although I'm not sure the DV was employed a protown way when Sage had it. Sage+The Fonz+592=null for me now.

Fonz, is there anything about Dry-Fit that leaps out to you as particularly scummy?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok, my re-read of the game notes:

2. Baby Spice*: Midly scummy, for reasons I gave early day 1. Worth noting that dead doctor MoI claimed a town meta read on her. However, she is currently lurking, and we need to hear more from her. I hate the way that she vanished once the pressure was off of her.

3. PeregrineV: Defended Baby Spice early, not really sure why. Not much content. Voted David X and sagea a lot; I don’t fully undestand the motives behind either vote. Bad feeling about this guy.

5. whispersilk*: There was that whole dumb lurker argument I had with her day 1; that’s probably null. Only other relevant thing shes’ done all game is vote songster, which I don’t have a problem with. Null read.

6. Otolia: OOoh, boy. One day of truly terrible posting in there, after being driven to insanity by MoI, lol. I’m going to call him null-ish right now,

7. BBmolla: Has done very little all game. Lurker-ish. Is currently voting Dry-Fit.

8. TheJakalope: day 1 posting was a little weird. Not really seeing any scum motive behind his weird behavior, though. Null

9. Oversoul (replaces Lowell) :His super-long post # 437 looks town-ish to me. No way would scum ramble on like that forever and then spoiler the post because they thought it was too long to force people to read, lol.

11. Wraith: No real read on him. Voted BBmolla after he caught up. I had basically forgot Wrath was in the game at all, which is a bad sign.

12. Ghostlin: Claimed vig. No problem with this claim; I kind of thought Ghost looked town-ish on day 1 anyway. Interesting that there were only two kills last night, but there are multiple plausible explanations for that. I don’t really get *why* he claimed when he did, though, when under no pressure, or why he felt he had to make clear right away that he was a “1-shot vig”. That being said, probably town.

13. The Fonz (replaces sageamagoo who replaces malpascp): Fonz’s play so far seems town.

14. Dry-fit: Fonz is right, he’s done very little, and what he has done looks scummy. Also, this line bugs me:
Dry-fit wrote: @BabySpice: Who's a better lynch, Yos or Ludi?

Fine fine, those were the two people BS was attacking, but it’s an odd question, almost manipulative-feeling. Even odder is the way he then never follows up, or even mentions BS ever again.

15. Bogre: Posting is quite thin. He says this is because he’s “a medical student with 6 tests in 10 days”, so fine. The votes he does place look reasonable at the time he made them. Null read.

16. Global Warming (a hydra of RayFrost + ConSpiracy) :Miller claim. Weak town read, his analysis posts (series of multiple posts from 232-235) remind me of town-RayFrost I’ve seen in the past. Nothing I’d bet on, though.

17. Alabaska J*: I have no problem with his early posts. Needs to post more, is lurking pretty bad right now, but out of the lurkers we have in this game, he doesn’t seem the most likely to be scum to me.

18. sorgster: Lot of things I dislike about his play. The ML vote was pretty bad; doing it while me and BS were debating that very issue without apparently even reading that conversaition seems worse. Has since done nothing but tunnel Otholia without giving any good reason. Scummy.

20. ToastyToast (replaces Magister Ludi) : ML was obvtown

21. David Xanatos: Lurker. V/LA for family issues, but lurked even before that. Only real move so far this game was to put Iceguy at L-1 without saying why. Scummy.

22. Maxous: Null-ish. Want to hear more about who he suspects.

23. DarthYoshi: Also null-ish. Nothing in his posting really stands out to me, one way or the other.

24. StefanB: No real problems with his play so far.

25. zMuffinMan: Going to put him down as possible town. Was doing all kinds of scumhunting on day 1.

Scum list: Dry-fit, PeregrineV, Baby Spice, sorgster

Other people who haven't said enough and/or people who I need to get more scum reads from and/or people who are lurkers we need to hit with sticks until they post more: BBmolla, Wraith, Bogre, Alabaska J, David Xanatos, Maxous

Way too many lurkers in this game. That could become a serious problem.

Anyway, I'm going to
Vote:Dry-fit
for the moment. I'd be fine lynching anyone on my scum list.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Yosarian's 125 comes from town. Why? I can't see scum going through an ISO of another player in order to prove the flaws in another's logic.

Dryfit vs. Jackalope is sort of a random argument that keeps coming up, but neither side is very convincing.
AlabaskaJ's "good enough for me" sheeping attitude makes me *twitch* Also, don't understand his Yosarian meta talk

BBmolla "waiting" for muffins response is, quite frankly, a lame excuse for minimal effort on his part. His whole thing on getting reactions, which consist of "Why are you asking this?" is also pretty bad. Such questions are null. Agreee with Ludi about the fluff posting

BabySpice vs. Yosarian: OMGUS for OMGUSing me!!!!! Yosarian is in no way misrepresenting BabySpice or myself, as I don't think her argument relies on the timing of Ludi's posts. She's also goin' LOLSTRAWMAN for just about everything
Global Warming's hop on the spice wagon is as bad as Alabaska's.

MoI is null atm. Idk why Ludi was so convinced about him yet. Questions about "why no moar Otoilia" are valid concerns, but I'd say Ludi asking the question "are you scum?" had a much more RVS manner than BBmolla's "are you scum? answer b4 I talk again as I'm curious as to how you'll react"
DavidX is playing how I remember him in death of reapercharlie.
As Ludi responded to all of MoI's posts, but I'll just add that MoI's stretching a lot with his whole. "You didn't ask one question. You asked two questions. Therefore, scum."

PeregrineV is right to point out how quickly everyone hopped on to BS, but very wrong on his representation of Yosarian's case on BS. As such, I can see this as a post of defending a scum buddy.
Ghostlin has a good point on Conspiracy (GlobalWarming)--they're putting little effort in AND are a hydra.
Pretty funny how sorgster's posts about ML fluff are actually pretty fluffy themselves. He said fluffy so many times in his first few posts that he should now be called the fluffmonster
....GW miller claim is terribad
Maxous is asking too many non-scum-hunting related questions
GW wrote:Ftr, the lack of miller claim was the fact I actually forgot that we were a miller due to the sheer quantity of text in our role PM.

LOLWUT
Agree with Jack about Cookie being opportunistic. Didn't even know they were in the game till that post.
Otoila=bad attack on MoI

And that ends page 10 (yeah wtf that took forever)
TOP Scumzors at this time: AlabaskaJ, Global Warming
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

...Just realized that MoI was dead. Therefore, MoI is town :P
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 592, The Fonz wrote:
That's like the list of obvious people to suspect.

I've voiced suspicion of all of them before Image

yosarian2 wrote:Fine fine, those were the two people BS was attacking, but it’s an odd question, almost manipulative-feeling. Even odder is the way he then never follows up, or even mentions BS ever again.

This is the way I play. Semioldguy described mine as an "ask questions but not follow up playstyle" here: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... 3#p2154973 and I think that's a fair assessment.

I might not get through this reread tonight as today was busier than expected but I'll get started. Also I will be V/LA this weekend and probably won't be able to post.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”