Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

@BBmolla: he's insignificant atm.

@whisper: It came off as defending before anyone was attacking

@Otolia: So your to say if I read the next 5 pages, you would suddenly be obvtown?
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 650, ToastyToast wrote:@Otolia: So your to say if I read the next 5 pages, you would suddenly be obvtown?

No what I am saying is that nobody cares about your reads based on the first 20 pages, either you post your updated reads or you stop flooding the thread with things that everyone know about. It looks like you are doing something but you are not. And you won't gain towncred from me for that.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

5 pages from ending is surely not outdated, and yeah, you should care about my reads AND the means to which I've come to those conclusions.

Would you prefer I just lurk like the other 90% of the player list? If you'd prefer I just stop commenting altogether and that I don't explain my reads, then by all means say so. However, I happen to think that playing style of not contributing is more akin to your style (a.k.a blatantly anti-town). Also, if you actually read my posts you would see that 1) most of what I'm posting are my opinions on issues and whether I think they are scummy or not, and 2) bring new points to the cases. I believe someone said that people are giving you crap for about one post? Yeah, I've commented on quite a lot more than a single post of yours and why you deserve a vote.

Don't start with me.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 652, ToastyToast wrote:5 pages from ending is surely not outdated, and yeah, you should care about my reads AND the means to which I've come to those conclusions.

Would you prefer I just lurk like the other 90% of the player list? If you'd prefer I just stop commenting altogether and that I don't explain my reads, then by all means say so. However, I happen to think that playing style of not contributing is more akin to your style (a.k.a blatantly anti-town). Also, if you actually read my posts you would see that 1) most of what I'm posting are my opinions on issues and whether I think they are scummy or not, and 2) bring new points to the cases. I believe someone said that people are giving you crap for about one post? Yeah, I've commented on quite a lot more than a single post of yours and why you deserve a vote.

Don't start with me.

Cool story. So when do you vote me then ? By the way, I like your judgement (*cough* 90% *cough*) and your knowledge of my playstyle. But don't get over yourself, I don't care what you say about me. It probably already have been said. I have already explained myself. You can choose not to believe in my honesty, it's irrelevant to the current situation.

What I reproach you is that you are not actively participating to the
current
discussion. You may have uncover exceptional mysteries during your catch-up reading but it sure doesn't deserve ~5 posts. Especially after your second post :

In post 529, ToastyToast wrote:yo I'm about ten pages in. idk if I'll be caught up today (like. A LOT of college stuff to take care of)

You are trying to look like you are scumhunting but commiserating over the past isn't in the definition. So yeah, I start with you and I don't care about your pseudo threat.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

I can tell from this game that I don't like your playing style. I'm not making a meta case.

I'm voting whoever I find scummiest when I'm completely caught up. pretty sure that was obvious.

I'll be in the current conversation when I'm caught up. I don't exactly think avoiding the first day is a good idea if I want to have good reads for today.
What makes the difference b/w "looking like you are scumhunting" and "scumhunting"?
Your attacks on my catch-up posts are just attempts to piss me off. Congrats, you've succeeded. I don't know what else to say other than that reading the game and coming to conclusions based on it are essential to scumhunting. Maybe you just disagree with how I'm finding reads?

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by Oversoul »

No one ever appreciates the wall posts I make :\

And would you look at that Jakalope hasn't responded to the pressure growing on him. What a freaking surprise. :roll:

*sigh*

What is the case with Dry-Fit? I remember him having a low amount of posts in ISO, but nothing stuck out to me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 655, Oversoul wrote:
What is the case with Dry-Fit? I remember him having a low amount of posts in ISO, but nothing stuck out to me.

That's actually a pretty good summery of the case against him.

he hasn't said much, and nothing he's said has "stuck out" at all; he looks like a scum trying to fly under the radar.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Ya.. his reads are all the hot suspicions of the moment (when he posts them). Then again, mine are too. :\

Of the two, who do you think is most likely scum? Dry-Fit or Jakalope?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 624, zMuffinMan wrote:
@Pere (re #579)

What about those quotes?

Not sure what you're asking here.

I asked you for quotes in Post 578 where you said DavidX was town.
Spoiler: post 578
In post 578, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 556, zMuffinMan wrote:
pere wrote:I'll bet this is because DavidX didn't want to place a vote yesterday at all, but when he did, he said he would be willing to hammer, but when he voted someone other than himself for the first time it lynched the guy with 12 votes instead of 13, isn't it?

You think DavidX is a scum double-voter and intentionally hammered IceGuy? Orrrrrrrrr what?

DavidX is town. Pretty sure of this.

Looking for links, because I'm not seeing anything that says "That's exactly how town rolls." In fact, I'm seeing the opposite.

Then, my own quotes in post 579 were directed at Wraith, to point out specifically why I am voting DavidX.
Spoiler: Post 579
In post 579, PeregrineV wrote:@Wraith- This is why, for me.
In post 160, David Xanatos wrote:Right now, outside of Baby Spice, MoI is my main consideration. There are a few small matters I'm looking into with others first though.

In post 163, David Xanatos wrote:Yes. Because not putting down an instant vote when I'm in the middle of considering other things is bad. Mhmm. That doesn't follow any logical path.

"You're not instantly putting down a vote so you must be avoiding it!"

As opposed to the more logical "You've said you're looking at other things, so maybe you're reviewing other things."

In post 462, David Xanatos wrote:I'm likely not going to get a good grasp on this with the free time I have before deadline. I don't want to vote blindly though, so I'm likely going to remain non-voting until I get up to speed. If I get an unexpected time to read further, I'll be dedicating that time to here though.

In post 509, David Xanatos wrote:I'm still reading, but I'm willing to hammer if/when the rest of the Town wants me to, so that my vote is actually useful. From what I've read so far, Iceguy is about 2nd on my list.

In post 512, David Xanatos wrote:My point stands regardless, I'm willing to direct my vote where Town wants it.

@MOD: May I set up a temporary proxy for today, and give a player my vote? Effectively turn them into a double-voter for the day?

In post 519, David Xanatos wrote:VOTE: Iceguy

That's L-1.

In post 520, Magua wrote:
Vote Count 1.15 - Final

With 25 alive, it takes 13 to lynch.

IceGuy (12): Maxous, Global Warming, TheJakalope, StefanB, EtherealCookie, sageamagoo, BBmolla, MagnaofIllusion, Oversoul, Yosarian2, zMuffinMan, David Xanatos

IceGuy being lynched at 12 votes instead of 13 is accurate.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 589, Ghostlin wrote:3) I'll begrudgingly give him town points for being willing to direct his vote wherever town wants it. Thing is, with IG dead, we have no clue who else David wants for scum. At all. I can't really assume he wants BS from the above anymore, since that was #160, and now I'm analyzing #512.

The way he mentioned it in two posts before voting looked like trying to vote without taking reponsibility for it if you know what I mean.
'Only putting him at L-1 because this is what the town wants.'

In post 601, StefanB wrote:That that doesn't make sense is nothink new, (with 2 scumfactions the fact that two people are probably not scum together doesn't mean that both can't be scum) To miss that we have 2 scumteam is not an excuse that I believe posted now. So the only way that two people aren't scum together and you know that one is town, means that you are on the other scumteam.

It's not like he could of known for sure anyway.
Meh, there could be merit in this but it is a strech to be calling it a scumslip tbh.

totally disagree

In post 632, DarthYoshi wrote:PS: If you think Wraith's reason for a townread on me is weak (which it kinda is), shouldn't that be indicative of his scumminess as well? He offers scumhunting as a towntell but
is doing none himself

???

In post 639, BBmolla wrote:Toasty you've conveniently completely ignored Dry-Fit.

Why is it convienent...?

5 posts

In post 648, Otolia wrote:I wanted to put advance on my BabySpice case but she has gone missing site-wide.

What BS case?

Toasty needs to calm down with the aggro.

In post 655, Oversoul wrote:And would you look at that Jakalope hasn't responded to the pressure growing on him. What a freaking surprise. :roll:

He is semi v/la :?

In post 657, Oversoul wrote:Of the two, who do you think is most likely scum? Dry-Fit or Jakalope?

Which one is he voting...?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:55 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 650, ToastyToast wrote:@BBmolla: he's insignificant atm.

@Otolia: So your to say if I read the next 5 pages, you would suddenly be obvtown?

Insignificant? Have you thought that
that is exactly the way scum want to be seen by the town?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:56 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 660, Wraith wrote:
In post 650, ToastyToast wrote:@BBmolla: he's insignificant atm.

Insignificant? Have you thought that
that is exactly the way scum want to be seen by the town?

Wait, totally misread that post.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:18 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 657, Oversoul wrote:Ya.. his reads are all the hot suspicions of the moment (when he posts them). Then again, mine are too. :\

Dry-Fit. Jakalope has done some weird stuff, but I can't really see a scum motive for his behavior.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:39 am

Post by Magua »

Replacing Baby Spice.

Vote Count 2.4

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

TheJakalope (4): Global Warming, Ghostlin, StefanB, Otolia
Dry-Fit (3): BBmolla, The Fonz, Yosarian2
David Xanatos (2): Maxous, PeregrineV
Alabaska J (1): zMuffinMan
BBmolla (1): Wraith
Otolia (1): sorgster
sorgster (1): Oversoul
Wraith (1): DarthYoshi

Not voting (8): Baby Spice, whispersilk, TheJakalope, Dry-fit, Bogre, Alabaska J, ToastyToast, David Xanatos

Deadline is October 25th, at 11:00am EST.
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2011-10-25 11:00:00)
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:11 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 659, Maxous wrote:

In post 632, DarthYoshi wrote:PS: If you think Wraith's reason for a townread on me is weak (which it kinda is), shouldn't that be indicative of his scumminess as well? He offers scumhunting as a towntell but
is doing none himself

???

Fair enough. After skimming Wraith's ISO, he's doing more than I am giving him credit for. I remembered him as having coasted through all of D1, made a couple catch-up posts to make up for it, and went back to coasting. There's a little more townish activity there than I had originally given myself the impression of, which helps balance out his scummier posts a little. Not off the hook yet, but there are probably bigger fish to fry.

Accordingly,
Unvote. Vote: Jakalope.
Shouldn't need to explain this one.

And,
FoS: Dry-Fit.
His ISO really does read like a scum trying to fly underneath the radar.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I approve of both leading wagons.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:48 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 662, Yosarian2 wrote:
Dry-Fit. Jakalope has done some weird stuff, but I can't really see a scum motive for his behavior.

Not getting lynched..
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:49 am

Post by Maxous »

Actually I'll clarify.
Overly defending and concentrating on not getting lynched to the point where looking for mafia takes second prioirity.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:59 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

prod dodge
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 654, ToastyToast wrote:In post 601, StefanB wrote:
That that doesn't make sense is nothink new, (with 2 scumfactions the fact that two people are probably not scum together doesn't mean that both can't be scum) To miss that we have 2 scumteam is not an excuse that I believe posted now. So the only way that two people aren't scum together and you know that one is town, means that you are on the other scumteam.

Toasty: Please don't stop reading this game. Your posts are an interesting insight into your head. Frankly, we need more posters and your posts have contained more analysis than most of the rest of town so far.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:19 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 662, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 657, Oversoul wrote:Ya.. his reads are all the hot suspicions of the moment (when he posts them). Then again, mine are too. :\

This. Jakalope's play is stupid and antitown in a way that makes him lots of enemies and gets him votes, which says to me that's he's null. He's not doing it as a scum tactic, because that would be counterproductive, so it's obviously a playstyle thing. Which still puts him on the scum side of the ledger - he's done nothing to make anyone think he's got town motives - but he's not the scummiest.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:29 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I had a dream last night that DavidX was a double-voting Jester who is trying to get lynched and self-hammered at L-2 and then we all had a good laugh. :/

catching up on what i've missed.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:49 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

yoshi wrote:Every time you hint that I am scum, why are you not hearing the jingle "the cheese stands alone" ringing in your ears?

Are you making fun of me because I have no friends?

Hey, just because I'm a loner, doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm also a loner on this Alabaska wagon, and I feel far better about it compared to the wagons with more support.

*shrug*

yoshi wrote:PS: If you think Wraith's reason for a townread on me is weak (which it kinda is), shouldn't that be indicative of his scumminess as well?

It's indicative of idiocy, not scumminess. I'm not reading him as scum.

---

pere wrote:Not sure what you're asking here.

I was mostly asking what the meaning behind that series of quote walls was. Do you think what he said in those quotes was scummy? Why?

---

I don't like the Jakalope wagon. I think he's town. I think his approach to this game has been shit and he's copping flak for it, but he's still town.

I'm ambivalent about the dry-fit wagon. He's put an underwhelming lack of effort into the game so far, but nothing he's said has really struck me as overtly scummy and some of the things he's said carry a townish tone. My read on DavidX is pretty much the same, actually. Both of these players should provide more in the way of reads.

What's fucked is there are 8 people currently not voting. This needs to change. ASAP. Not doing a repeat of yesterday where deadline is suddenly a couple days away and there's only enough time to form one wagon.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:04 am

Post by David Xanatos »

VOTE: Dry-Fit

In my mind, the scummier of the two.
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:06 am

Post by StefanB »

Okay catchup, will not be posting on Thursday probably (not much time on this day busy week general ahead)

Sorgster Wrote about Otalia:

It is possible for town to defend scum. Iceguy defended you, not the other way around.

Well, Otalia did defend Iceguy, too. (I actually remember it more than the other way around) There was some weird crossdefence going on. Still since Otalia is fast losing anythink that made him look more town because of the Iceguy flip...

Otalia can you try to get a little bit less personal? I know you will probably ignore me, as you did yesterday after your vote.

DavidXanotos:
What was the meaning of 643? Sorry don't see the sense of it, what has FATE to do with this game?

GlobalWarning:
The part of the prods was unnecesary yes, I wanted to show that I can learn and don't act stupid everytime. (I think I am not the only one to ask himself what BabySpice* meaned)

Abot me voting Alabaska at the beginning of the day.
His voting BabySpice until the end of the day was scummy:
The BabySpicewaggon has died some time before the end of the day.
If your waggon is so dead, you as a townplayer should do one of 2 thinks.
1. If you believe you have scum, try to make the waggon more alive fight for it. Alabaska mentioned BabySpice after the vote once without even making a point of her.
2. If you don't have anythink new, move your vote so using your wappon. Alabaska didn't despide showing suspicion elsewhere.
This combined with the lurking, complete crab or worth discusing?

Also, what is with the
What is the use of this?

points out? I know not every sentence of me is a winner. So pointing out fluff in a big post, necessary, helpful???
Actually since scum did bring that first up, I think the active lurking because of post X is one of the greatest crabarguments posible.

Funny that Global Warning has a problem with me targeting lurker, when he mostly target lurkers the whole game. Also strange that he target my questining on Wraith why he thought that voting for a certain lurker was bad. I do go after lurkers normally but I also go after scummy nonlurkers like you Global Warning.
FOS: Global Warning

Strongly disagree with 648 that Toastys analysis is harmfull. Please continue Toasty. Here Otalia is back to full antitown imho.

The nonevoters interesting list:
Baby Spice, whispersilk, TheJakalope, Dry-fit, Bogre, Alabaska J, ToastyToast, David Xanatos

Take out Toasty, who promised to vote when he has caught up, there are:
Baby Spice and TheJakolope: Gone or semi VLA.
David who dislikes votes. PE: And has just voted!!!
Bogre and Alabaska who have not contributed today.
Frustrating!!!!

Whisper, Dry-Fit why have you not voted??
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:09 am

Post by sorgster »

Unvote
Vote Dry-Fit

The otholia wagon is going nowhere.
Marathon Game record