NY 142: Rolling in the Deep, WAIT WAT? PARTY OVER?!

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 307, ScreamingHawk wrote:@Admiral: Why does Sky need votes anyhow?

In post 139, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 116, ZeL1nK wrote:yo, catching up.

sky wrote:Town lists are awful. You know who likes finding town? Scum. This is always a red flag for me when someone looks for town over scum.

You are wrong.

I agree with this.

It feels like sky is overreacting to seem like: "hay guise, I'm hunting scum!"

vote: sky

In post 305, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 301, Sky wrote:Here's my problem with townlists. It's Day 1. There's nothing much to go off of. To find pro town traits in someone this early in the game is questionable. Yes, there are people who are more town than others, and people who are scummier. But this doesn't establish them as town. Now, I need a lot of reading to do and seeing that is the weekend, I don't have the time to do it.

I also disagree with this. Not saying that reads can't change but you can sometimes get pretty clear signals about other people alignments, even on day one. I don't get how you could be up to date enough to know this is a relevant comment, but you also say you need to read and you don't comment on anything else?
I'm happy with my vote.

@ everyone else: sky is slipping under the radar pretty comfortably right now. Need moar votes on him.

He's pretty much only talked about mafia theory for one. Plus he's wrong.

In post 311, sorgster wrote:In every game I've played in scum have claimed pr. Pr claims help make them seem more important.

Cool story bro.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:23 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Beck is really really annoying (this is me being legitimately mature, i would have used many much stronger words if I wasn't so mellow having just woken up), and should be entirely ignored except for his vote on Revenus, which is good since Rev is scum.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Post by Pine »

Super, nothing new happened today. Literally, nothing was said that advances the thread in any way. No new case was presented, lurkers continue to lurk, self-obsessed morons continue to be self-obsessed and rehash the same weaksauce arguments without improving or expanding them, and troll-prone players continue to give in to their baser instincts (I'm looking at you, Hiraki).

Please stop discussing Mafia theory. This "Town list" conversation needs to die or be taken to another thread, as it is allowing a number of people to seem active and useful without actually contributing. It is IRRELEVANT to the current game, and most people who are fervently arguing it are simply wrong. Read some Mafia Discussion articles or the wiki for Cthlulu's sake.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:35 pm

Post by Revenus »

Simply repeating that I am scum does not make me scum DavidParker. Wake up.

Still like Pine as town and don't understand the reasoning or votes on him.

Beck you need to stop being so defensive as it is seriously detracting from the game.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by Revenus »

Someone like screaming hawk who hasn't done anything needs pressure

I've changed my mind on Beck again. Even though he's an anti-town scrub who can't do anything except react and base his "scumhunting" on that (if you can even call that scumhunting), no good will come of his lynch.

UNVOTE:

However, we have people who have posted all of 4 times, and if say...these 4 posts were in any way insightful or contributing to the game at all, I'd be fine with that. However, we have people like Screaminghawk, who have 2 posts explaining why they need to vote davidparker, followed by a post that explains that Beck is pissing them off, followed by a stupid question that has nothing to do with anything. Seriously, if you're going to ask why Sky needs votes, then you need to follow that up with something

VOTE: Screaminghawk

Asking questions and clarifying how you feel on a player without explaining your thoughts on anything just makes you look like you're contributing, but you haven't.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:47 pm

Post by Pine »

I concur. ScreamingHawk is posting elsewhere, and needs to post here.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:03 pm

Post by Revenus »

And I was suprised Beck apparently has 78 posts, so I went and looked at them all. He blatantly accuses shattered of playing like scum, then in the same post he goes "rev and pine are scum, but theres no reason why I'm accusing them of this except that they have both posted cases why i'm playing poorly blargh"

Seriously Beck, if you have nothing to contribute to the game beyond justifying why every other post of yours is calling other people dickheads, then stop posting.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:04 pm

Post by Revenus »

Like, I'm sitting here and pretty much the only people I've really seen scumhunting and explaining their logic have been slandaar, pine, and maybe sorgster. Everyone else is laying their votes down willy nilly without much explanation, and its sad that with only 332 posts you guys can't come up with better explanations than "oh hey he voted someone he must be scum"
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:12 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

VOTE: Beck
Because he has no friends.

I don't need to be posting. My opinion isn't going to make a difference with these terrible arguments.
"ScreamingHawk just doesn't understand logic. It's quite apparent, really." - Hiraki
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:21 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

Also @Rev sorry I can't post then go elsewhere.
I dont see anyone particularly scummy at this point. Or nothing worth mentioning at least.
There's still a couple people I'm waiting to hear from but will have to wait and see what happens.

Is Parker getting replaced or is he just lurking hard?

Do agree with Rev re Beck
"ScreamingHawk just doesn't understand logic. It's quite apparent, really." - Hiraki
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:38 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 333, ScreamingHawk wrote:VOTE: Beck

I don't need to be posting. My opinion isn't going to make a difference with these terrible arguments.

I don't think scum would intentionally post this badly. Only Town will care this little.

Stop being failTown. Ignore the petty arguments and present your OWN thoughts. Don't kowtow to the attention whores, be your own dude.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:13 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

Who has a town read on pops and why? Dude is posting soooooo much IIoA it's not funny.

unvote

VOTE: pops
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:14 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

also, revenus wagon sucks
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:16 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

actually, sky too. fuck, half the game seems to be jumping up and saying "LYNCH ME, LYNCH ME".

I could get behind sky wagon or theam wagon, too. Feel like riding this one out for a while and seeing where it goes, though.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:23 am

Post by Pine »

^Decent posts, and appear to be in the genuine "then again" thought process I associate with Towny behavior. Welcome back to the Town side of "meh".

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:30 am

Post by Slandaar »

pine how did you come to the conclusion hawk is town?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:50 am

Post by Hiraki »

You might be able to see me, but I still can't see you!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:54 am

Post by Pine »

@Slaandar: Seriously? It was explicitly stated in the below post. I don't think scum are likely to say what he did. It's not a 100% clear, but for the purposes of narrowing down a D1 lynch, it is sufficient. Pay the fuck attention.

In post 335, Pine wrote:
In post 333, ScreamingHawk wrote:VOTE: Beck

I don't think scum would intentionally post this badly. Only Town will care this little.

Stop being failTown. Ignore the petty arguments and present your OWN thoughts. Don't kowtow to the attention whores, be your own dude.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:13 am

Post by bvoigt »

@Be ck: Um, aren't those cases based on the same two things-- suggesting a policy lynch and lurking when pressure was on-- I just addressed?

ZeL1nK wrote:Who has a town read on pops and why? Dude is posting soooooo much IIoA it's not funny.

I agree. I could get behind a pops wagon.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:09 am

Post by Pine »

I think I have enough partial reads (like the above concerning Hawk and Zel1nk) to do a bit of process of elimination for D1. Entries I felt were significant or warrant special attention are increased in size.

Town

Pine
: I've read my role PM.

Maybe Town

Revenus
: Finally, someone I have a solidly positive read on. I'm willing to go out on a limb and state that I find the cases and votes on Revenus to be without merit. Rev and I been on similar wavelengths (his words) all game, which to me indicates that he is processing things in an uninformed, reasoning, deductive manner. While his scumhunting is not as effective as I would desire, he is absolutely trying. Effectiveness is bred from experience, Rev, and you're doing well.

slandaar
: Surprised to see one of my most dogged critics in this category? I'm not. I find stubborn confirmation bias to be an extremely Towny trait. I find his reasoning to be flawed in several instances, and disagree with him in others, but his tenacity for scumhunting is genuine, and damn it, he's trying hard. Boffo.

Towny Side of Neutral

sorgster
: Seems to have a one-track mind concerning Zdenek. Has provided some reasonable analysis, and seems to be trying despite poor quantity of content. Can live for today but needs to be looked at harder.
ZeL1nK
: Poor content, amateurish insistence of being obvTown, but seems to be trying and recently displayed thought processes bearing a Towny hallmark. Might be feigned, needs more investigation, but is acceptable for now.
ScreamingHawk
: Scum lurk, but don't announce that that's what they're doing. Town, however, may feel lost and despair. This is what I see out of Hawk lately. Hardly reliable, but sufficient for D1.
iamausername
: Dire lack of posts, but most of them have been chock full of meaty and nutritious content, sweetened with analysis. More please.
bvoigt
: A look at his ISO makes me utter a hearty "meh". He's contributed, but not especially thoughtfully. His conclusions are somewhat similar to my own, so I'll give him a D1 pass. The biggest impression I get is that of someone who is busy, and not giving this game his full attention. Come to think of it, that makes me lean toward the Townier side of Neutral. More please.

Insufficient Data

ThAdmiral
: Low amount of content. Additionally, my respect for his abilities is sufficient to counterbalance the slightly Towny vibe I have from him. I absolutely want more out of you, regardless of alignment. If Town, because I like what you have to say. If scum, so I can nail you to a wall. Plzkthx.
SodaSpirit17
: Four or five posts, nothing with significant content.
sword_of_omens
: Nothing since a contentless RVS post. Has presumably flaked.
Primate
: One solitary post promising to catch up two days ago. We're waiting.

Jackal711
: Has not posted at all. Likely flaked, though he picked up his role PM (DamnFail was immediately replaced when he failed to pick up his role, so we know Jackal did receive it.)
funkybike1
: Insufficient data. Needs to post more.

Scummy Side of Neutral

DavidParker
: Poor post count, poor content, poor analysis, and an inability to see past himself and his attackers. This is scummy, but mostly just bad play, regardless of alignment. Improve content, please.
Shattered Viewpoint
: I'd actually put SV in the "Towny Side of Neutral" category at first, based on a positive image gut reaction to him, and likely based on the fact that he's agreed with me a number of times. I was even toying with having him be the first in my "Maybe Town" category. However, I diligently ISO'd him (as I have for every entry in this analysis) and discovered "HEY! There's no actual content here!" So I put him in the "Insufficient Data" category. Then I continued the line of thinking that started when I noticed his lack of content. A total lack of content, accusations sans explanation aside, from someone who is
clearly
paying attention to the game and posting semi-regularly is downright scummy.
Hiraki
: Recently graduating from the "Insufficient Data" class, I think there's enough information to make a (purely meta) case here. Hiraki is
not
making a good enough showing, or following up on his aggressive tendancies for me to consider him Town. A good example of his aggressive-Town play is There Will Be Bloodshed (New York 128, I think). I can't think of a good example of Hiraki-scum, but I recall this aptitude for trolling to be part of his scum meta. This isn't a conclusive case, but definitely something I'm going to continue monitoring.

Sky
: Initially in "Insufficient Data" for lack of posting, but as recently noted, every post he's made has either been RVS or off-topic. Suspicious, kind of belongs in both categories.

Acceptable D1 Lynches

theamatuer
: Aptly named. Opportunistic in the extreme...jumps on me, jumps on zdenek, jumps on Beck when the conversation turns, then abandons that failing wagon to pick on a flaking lurker, while providing no case or analysis on...anyone. Reeks of newbScum, and will likely end up being my #1 choice for our first lynch.

Zdenek
: Promoted from "Scummy Side of Neutral" as of this post. Proposed PL, backed off, said it was a joke, then said it was a gambit, then a joke again, and has provided zero content while active lurking. 323 is particularly suspicious, in that he provides two very different reasons for the same action in the same post. I find it laughable that his only content, and the only content
regarding
him, revolves around an RVS post. If he were to provide some serious, solid content, he could easily improve my opinion. Right now, he's a solid second tier candidate for a lynch.
popsofctown
: As Zel1nk recently stated, king of IIOA. The only analysis-based post I could find was an early-RVS defense of zdenek's worthless PL suggestion...a position he promptly reversed. Was also at the heart of the off-topic discussion about Town lists, in which he proved that "Hey, I can be active instead of lurking!" only to promptly vanish when the off-topic conversation died.

...Other

Beck
: I struggled with where to put Beck. Frankly, he simply doesn't fit in any of my other categories. I find him more likely than even odds to be Town, but I still encourage our Vig/SK to put him out of
his
our misery. Succinctly put, his self-centered and obnoxious attitude combined with his propensity for prolific posting is a detriment to the Town and a haven for active lurkers.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:11 am

Post by Pine »

@Mod: Please prod sword_of_omens and replace or megaprod Jackal

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:14 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

This game would be easier for you if you just accept the fact that I'm obvtown.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:19 am

Post by Pine »

Look, dude, I agree that you give
some
indications that you
might
be Town, and am even willing to gamble on it to the point of going out on a limb to say so, but you are NOT obviously Town. The ONLY person that can be certain of your alignment at this point is YOU and your budd(ies) if you are a Mason or Mafia. So KNOCK IT OFF. It isn't funny, and it makes you look bad. When you look bad, your opinions don't get heard. So stay on topic and quit being a prat.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:23 am

Post by sorgster »

Why are you obvtown? If a lie is repeated enough times people start believing it and I'm starting to think you are scum using those tactics.

Unvote
Vote Zelink
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:28 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

I think someone is jealous that I'm obvtown.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”